Hell's Rebels with GM Zek

Game Master Zektolna

Maps

Info

Loot


3,401 to 3,450 of 3,769 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Gregor nods appreciatively to Celia's caution, "If we offer of statement in opposition to Thrune, it gives him ammunition to fire back at us and claim we initiated. Sadly, our best bet in regards to the city's authorities, is continue to be a thorn in their side until they perform the first act of aggression."

He takes a deep breath and sighs, "Though if we are successful with the plan to hide among the people by driving the idea of silver raven masks throughout the city, and deliver our message via our icons, we do not necessarily need to vanish quickly."


Maps | Info | Loot

It sounds like y'all are leaning towards attending the event, but not actually revealing yourselves, but perhaps just relaying a message of some sort via one of your raven figurines. If so, let me know what you plan to say and if there are any other details you want to specify and any preparations you plan to make. If you're going to make a bunch of masks, you'll need to indicate how you plan to do that between now and tomorrow at noon (basically a day and a half at this point).


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Well that's not very much time! Maybe we draft a letter in response and we go hire a courier completely unrelated to us to deliver it at the right time. We could pen like 30-50 copies of it as well and actually attend within the crowd and hand them out in tandem that way they can't pretend our letter actually says something else. This way we can just go in our typical disguises and observe.


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

Ai, the time limit is an absolute killer to intricate plans. I'm a 100% into Gregor's suggestion of using one or more of our silver ravens to 'meet' with the Thrunites. We can then watch from afar as, per my expectations, the Thrunites will condemn us as vigilantes and do something vile and obscene. Yes, I do not trust this at all. No Admiral Akbar needed here to know it is a trap.


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Hehe you would think there would be some kind of magic for creating a bunch of mundane stuff quickly, but I don't see anything really applicable. I mean we could try and spread the word ahead of time and leave it up to the individual people to make their own masks. Wait... just thought of something... we have all these *supporters* at the wasp nest, why can't we get them to work on it and have them distribute them at the event? I would imagine a bunch of paper and paint wouldn't be that expensive or draw too much attention in its purchase.


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

If we want to spread a ton of copies of our message to Thrune, a magical solution is Scrivener's Chant on the Wizard spell list. It's a cantrip, so it should be in Celia's spellbook. We can't do much about the masks, short of buying a fully charged wand of fabrication. GM, would it be possible for us to have our supporters make a ton of masks to give out at the event? Is that something they would be capable of, and how many would we be able to have by the time we need them.


Maps | Info | Loot

You could easily have several hundred masks by tomorrow if you have everyone work on them. Keep in mind that most of your supporters are not craftsmen, so the quality and appearance of the masks will vary wildly.


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

As long as they are silver and vaguely raven-shaped, I think we're okay with a wide variety of quality. We're gonna have people give them away for free, anyway, right?


Maps | Info | Loot

So the plan is to have hundreds of people wear and give out silver raven masks and to deliver a message via one of your figurines? What's the message you plan to deliver? Anything else you want to add to the plan?


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

A sudden thought occurs to Evander. "Has anyone considered the possibility that Barzillai intends to trot out some people to pretend they're the Silver Ravens, to take credit away from us and shore up his support?"

This thought literally just occurred to me a minute ago while I was filling up my water bottle.


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Celia scrunches her nose at Evander's suggestion "Hrm... it is very possible. Either use some of his lackies to pretend to be us or even worse, stage some sort of attack on the people or something and blame it on us. Either way, we will definitely need to be prepared for a fight, in case one breaks out."


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Gregor seethes, "A fight is most unfortunately expected. We should keep our symbolic ravens handy in case we need to show who is really a Silver Raven and not an impostor, trouncing our good deeds."


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Gilda's eyes shoot open wide as Evander sees the ploy even she missed.

"Of course! That's his plan! Drag our names through the mud and make it look like we support him!"

Gilda begins pacing.

"What if.. what if he moves ta' arrest everyone who shows up too? So anyone supportin' us ends up bein' put in jail, or.. worse?"

Gilda slumps back down, an ulcer forming in her gut as her fears of being duped continue to multiply in her thoughts.


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Evander nods. "We will most definitely need to be ready for deception on Barziallai's part. Celia, we will need copies of this message to disseminate to the crowd if need be. There is a cantrip that I believe will allow you to replicate it many times over. Could you do so?"

Evander will make sure to disguise everyone for the day of the event.

Evander: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 5 + (6) = 41
Time Evander: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Celia: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 5 + (3) = 24
Time Celia: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Gilda: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 + 5 + (1) = 25
Time Gregor: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Gregor: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 + 5 + (5) = 42
Time Gilda: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Matiscio: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 5 + (6) = 29
Time Matiscio: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Maps | Info | Loot

Tomorrow, I’ll move things forward to the event, so be sure to specify any preparations you make.


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

Check!

The idea that Thrune would round up a bunch of fake-Silver Ravens to discredit their efforts and do ... what would that mad man do?! "Please, no matter what happens, try to keep your head cool. To outrage and to enrage have been his weapons of choice and we've come so far, too far, to fall and fail."


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

After seeing to the preparations that Evander requested Celia will prepare for the event. First, sitting down to get made up in her disguise. Then as they get close to the event she will use one of her scrolls of mage armor to give herself some protection.

She notes to the others "If things go bad and we need to escape, everyone get close to me and I can make us invisible so we can get away."


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Evander brews up several extracts to help him get away. "If I can't get to you, don't worry. I'll have my own means of gaining invisibility to escape - plus the ability to run quickly."

When working on the disguises, Evander took extra care with Gregor's - after all, there was a very good chance his father would be there, and if there was anyone who could see through a disguise, it was him.

Extracts Prepared:
2nd-level: Barkskin, Cat's Grace, Invisibility
1st-level: Cure Light Wounds x2, expeditious retreat x2, shield


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Forgot to include my updated preparred spells. See below.

Status:

HP: 42/42
AC: 18 (Base 14, +4 MA)
Reservoir Points: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Pearl of Power: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Lvl. 0 Spells: Acid Splash [U], Detect Magic [U], Light [U], Message [U]
Lvl. 1 Spells: Toppling Magic Missile [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Lvl. 2 Spells: Invisibility [ ] [ ] [ ], Knock [ ], Summon Monster II [ ]
Lvl. 3 Spells: Invisibility Sphere [ ] , Fly [ ] [ ]


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Gregor's only preparations are a good night's sleep and invigorating calisthenics in the morning. Then he sits for Evander's disguise ministrations.


Maps | Info | Loot

With preparations made, you head for Aria Park, unsure what will happen. The park is already quickly filling up when you arrive. The crowd seems to be as big if not bigger than the protest at the start of your adventure. You hear multiple people murmur excitedly at the prospect of seeing the Silver Ravens in person.

As the time approaches for the event to begin, more and more people put on Silver Raven masks. Dozens, if not hundreds, are wearing them by the time the event begins.

The bells above the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out five times, and the doors to the Opera House open to allow Lord-Mayor Barzillai Thrune to step out into the public eye. He is accompanied by a dozen Hellknights, a pair of hulking cerberi, and the high priest of Asmodeus in Kintargo, Corinstian Grivenner. Some of the crowd boo or call names, but as the Hellknights bristle, the crowd calms.

Barzillai and his retinue climb onto the platform erected for this event. The Lord-Mayor gazes out over the crowd, surveying those assembled. With the number of people wearing Raven masks, there’s no way he could avoid noticing them.

After a few moments, Barzillai raises his hands and smiles before saying, “Citizens of Kintargo, I come before you today to honor the Silver Ravens for their accomplishments on behalf of this great city. Would that I could thank them personally for their deeds, for that is why I called for this ceremony in the first place.”

Barzillai waves to a few of the hellknights who bring forward five small chests and place them in a row at the edge of the platform.

Continuing, Thrune says, “These chests contain items that are both rewards and gifts for the Silver Ravens. I shall wait for them to join me on stage before speaking further.”

Barzillai folds his hands behind his back and continues smiling as he returns to surveying the crowd.

The hellknights open the five chests to reveal their contents. From a distance, it’s hard to tell what the chests contain.

DC 20 Perception check:
You note that Barzillai appears a bit haggard and pale, as if he’s aged a bit since his last major public appearance at the start of your adventure.


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Evander, from the edge of the crowd notes Barzillai's condition. He's sick, good. Perhaps we've been causing him some troubles.

Stealth, Inspiration: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 14 + (3) = 25

Evander slips into an alley so that no one can see him, then triggers his silver raven statue to activate and hands it the sheaf of letters to fly overhead and deliver to the crowd and, more specifically, Barzillai.


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Gilda finds herself unable to resist booing and name calling with the rest of the crowd, perhaps having started the reaction in the first place.

As Gregor's cold stare finally cowls her in a way the Hellknights' could not, she stands on her tip-toes to attempt to see what's inside the chests.

Gilda would've cast Heightened Awareness at a convenient time as the event began.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 = 20

"Dammit, why didn't we bring Ven to fly around and do recon for us?"

Gilda glances down at her pocket wishing Sprinkles Too could sprout wings and learn to talk.

Another favor to ask the City about sometime...

Unable to see inside the box, Gilda blurts out her query for all nearby to hear, hoping the crowd or Barz-Ill-today will reply.

"What's in the chests? Gold?? Ya can't buy off them Ravens!!"


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Gregor watches the scene with suspicion, despite noting Barzillai's appearance, his focus is less on the obvious enemies. He works through the crowd looking for anyone that looks like they are going to stir up trouble within the crowd itself. If Thrune is going to try something tricky, he would do it from within the citizens while he stands apart from them.

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 (+2 vs. Humans)


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Celia is a bit distracted when the chests are brought out. She thinks Much easier to draw your prey to your trap with honey...

She stays somewhere that all the others know where she is, a designated meeting spot near a bench on the edge of the crowd, just in case they all need to get to her so they can make an invisible escape.

Otherwise she watches to see what happens next. She is at least relieved that Thrune didn’t have fake ravens standing by, but the day was young and who knew what tricks he had up his sleeve.


Maps | Info | Loot

GM Roll(s):

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (17) + 25 = 42
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

A couple people blurt out replies to Gilda’s question, “Looks like fancy clothing!” and “I think at least one of them’s a headband, and another’s a belt!”

Gregor spots multiple people in the crowd that look suspiciously like the thugs who caused chaos during the last gathering in the park. However, this time, the individuals are spread throughout the crowd and no two are close to each other.

Murmurs and gasps move through the gathering as the raven figurine gives its message and pamphlets are distributed. Barzillai snatches one from the air and reads it. His smile briefly falters before returning.

Then, looking up, Barzillai stares directly at Evander and says, “It seems we have one of our beloved Silver Ravens here after all! Why don’t you and any other Ravens with you come forward? I wish to honor you all, and I can’t very well do that without you coming up here. Don’t be shy! The whole city has turned up for the event. You don’t want to disappoint your fellow Kintargans, do you?”

Whispers move through the crowd and soon most of the people gathered are calling for the Ravens to show themselves on the stage. A chant soon follows, “We want the Ravens! We want the Ravens! We want the Ravens!”

Gregor notices that the suspicious individuals he spotted were the ones who started the chant, but that the whole crowd has joined in now.

DC 32 Sense Motive:

You recognize that Barzillai isn’t actually certain that Evander is a Silver Raven. It seems the Lord-Mayor likely spotted Evander entering the alley and returning shortly after the raven figurine was deployed then made the connection. But Thrune isn’t sure. He seems to be hoping Evander will make his identity obvious by coming up on the stage.


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Well, at the very least if we have to go up, we are disguised...

Celia tenses up when Thrune calls out Evander. The situation now is somewhat double edged. If no one goes up, all these people, the ones who truly want to embrace and support the ravens will be let down, but it does risk Thrune doing something crazy to any that step up.

Celia decides to try something. She pulls out her wand and when she is absolutely sure no one is watching she activates it to make herself invisible. She quickly moves over to Evander, getting in close and whispering as she grasps his shoulder ”It’s Lily. I can provide you cover if you like, or maybe I can come from the alley and act like it was I who sent the raven. Either way, I think someone is going to have to go up there...”


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Sense Motive, Inspiration: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 11 + (5) = 22

Evander, seeking to avoid going up there, knows he has three options. One, go up on stage. Two, run away. Three, lie.

"I'm sorry, Lord-Mayor, but I stepped into the alley because I saw something shining in there. Then the Raven flew out to deliver its message. I didn't see where the Raven came from, or anyone else in there."

Bluff to act innocent, Inspiration: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 15 + (4) = 29

His bluff tried, he whispered back, "I'll go up if need be, just be ready with a distraction so I can get away."


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Gilda will use her City Spirit ability as a swift action for +4 to a Wisdom based check.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 + 4 = 27

Gilda, normally perceptive and able to read someone, gets caught up in the chant around here.

"Ravens! We want the Ravens! We..."

She stops her chanting as once again Gregor gives her a look of disapproval, smiling apologetically as she stops.

Gilda looks to Evander then the Lord Mayor as she awaits the man's reply.

**

Assuming the Lord Mayor's reply isn't going to change much, Gilda eventually blurts out from elsewhere in the crowd ..

"That stuff looks real neat! Hey, has anyone seen these Ravens? Whose to say some'a us ain't Ravens? I got rent ta' pay!"

Bluff (mostly on needing the stuff for rent): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Sense Motive 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Gregor tries to keep an eye on the rabble rousers, but has trouble keeping track in the rising chant. He grabs for one of the pamphlets as he tries to lull the crowd right in front of him into quiet before he speaks.

Casts Lullaby on the area right in front of him, just to try and lower their volume.

"Wait!" he yells as best he can above the chant, "This paper says they can not make it! It says they are busy protecting us from threats!"

Diplomacy? 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Maps | Info | Loot

GM Roll(s):

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Barzillai shakes his head at Evander and says, “Hmm, I see. That is most unfortunate. With no Ravens around, my gifts will go to waste. The entire city turned out for this ceremony, but the Ravens themselves couldn’t be bothered to show up. Most unfortunate indeed.”

The Lord-Mayor looks out in the general direction of where Gilda shouted from. He frowns and says, “This is a serious occasion. You should not joke about being a Silver Raven. The real Silver Ravens are heroes to the city, worthy of being honored.”

The people in front of Gregor quiet down a bit as they fall under the effects of the bard’s spell. Some in the crowd nod in acknowledgment of Gregor’s words about the Ravens. Understanding begins to dawn on many of the Kintargans.

Then Barzillai’s voice booms out, “Do you see any threats to the city? Are there invaders at our doorstep? What possible reason could they have for all being absent today? They couldn’t be bothered to send even a single representative to the ceremony being held in their honor? If they are protectors, they should acknowledge those they are protecting, not just ignore them for some so-called threats.”

Murmurs of discontent begin passing through the crowd again and a few moments later a chant resumes. “We want the Ravens! We want the Ravens! We want the Ravens!”

Barzillai seems to relax a bit as he lets the crowd do the work for him. At the same time, he continues surveying everyone, studying each person present. His eyes fall on multiple members of the group, but they never linger for more than a few seconds.

DC 22 Sense Motive:

It seems Barzillai really does want to present gifts to the true Silver Ravens. While he undoubtedly has ulterior motives for these festivities, you don't get the impression that he intends to do violence to anyone present, at least not today.


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Celia, still invisible, shakes her head and sighs before whispering to Evander "The crowd is turning... I will go and present myself, before Thrune can turn the masses against us..."

Having sight of each of her party members she casts a spell and points to each in turn as she quietly mouths a message that only they can easily hear, especially over the chanting of the crowd "One of us need to make an appearance, so we don't loose the people. Be ready, I will go and use my magic as needed."

She steps into the alley from where Evander launched the silver raven figurine. Pulling out her spellbook she studies it for a few moments changing things around her head and begins casting spells on herself, still under the cloak of invisibility.

First she casts disguise self, adding to Evander's earlier disguise by giving herself a flowing black gown made to look as if covered in raven's feather, and enhancing her raven mask to look more realistic, she also makes her self look taller, with a much more athletic build than she actually has. She changes her eye color to an a bright blue, and elongates her hair to her mid back, changing the color to a vibrant blonde. Next, she casts ant haul on herself, knowing that if she is going to have any chance to take the chests, she will actually need the strength to do it. She then cast's fly on herself, and follows it up with a major image, where she conjures what would be a raven sized to actually be a mount. She flies up and 'mounts' her image, then dismisses her invisibility before ascending into the air and flying toward the stage where Thrune awaits.

Her heart is racing as she approaches, her concentration focused on maintaining her image as she flies over the crowd. She causes the image to let out a sharp caw to get people's attention, before getting close to the stage and landing, Celia 'hops' off her mount having it bristle and flap its wings before settling, and moves a bit closer to Thrune but pauses and holds her hands up to quiet the people. Before calling out "I apologize for my delay. We were not sure we would be able to make it today, but I did not want to let the good people of Kintargo down by not showing up. While the other Ravens are hard at work, I wanted to come to show our appreciation of your support! It is more than we need as we do what we do because we love this great city. Only by working together as citizens of this beloved city can we strive to make Kintargo great!"

Can't wait to be chastised by Gregor for going completely off book... assuming she survives... :P


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Evander fades back into the crowd, his ruse successful. Studying him, Evander desperately tries to figure out Barzillai’s ulterior motive in having this ceremony. Where are the lurking dottari, waiting to ambush us? He was sure Barzillai was plotting something.

Celia’s plan caught him off guard, and before he could protest, she was already planning and executing it. Oh, I hope this doesn’t go wrong...


Maps | Info | Loot

GM Roll(s):

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (13) + 25 = 38

Gasps sound throughout the crowd as Celia’s illusory giant raven caws. The gasps are soon followed by oohs and ahs as Celia flies down onto the stage. Barzillai raises an eyebrow at the display, and the rest of those assembled on the platform tense as Celia draws near. None of them expected this.

Barzillai lets Celia speak before he nods and says, “Very good! Very good! Would that more of the citizenry were as keenly observant and helpful as you intrepid Ravens! I’ll have my eye on you, trust in that, for I have no doubt you have great works still ahead of you. Perhaps you may again be of service to your government. Please take these gifts from the city of Kintargo as my thanks to your services rendered, and please continue to work to ensure, as I do, this grand city’s safety and proud legacy.”

All of you but Celia can instinctively tell that Thrune’s voice is heavy with sarcasm. And yet, he doesn’t seem interested in a public confrontation, at least not at the moment.

The Lord-Mayor walks over to each of the five chests and removes their contents before bringing them over to Celia. He glances at the giant raven for a moment before looking at Celia and studying her for a few seconds. Then he smiles and hands her the five items he retrieved from the chests.

Speaking to everyone again, Barzillai says, “These gifts are for you and your fellow Ravens! May you wear them with pride. I’m sure it will do your fellow Kintargans good to see you in them. They are sure to feel safer knowing you are nearby.

“Please send my regards to the other Ravens. It is most unfortunate that they could not attend. There will be a time, soon, where we might have more to discuss, but for now, the duties of a lord-mayor call. You will, of course, excuse my brevity. Thank you again for your service to this city!”

With that, Barzillai turns toward the Opera House and he and his entire retinue leave the stage. He doesn’t look back as he enters the Opera House and its doors shut behind him.

All eyes turn to Celia as one last chant sounds through the crowd before it disperses. Simply, but enthusiastically they shout, “Ravens! Ravens! Ravens!”

Loot:

For whenever you take the time to look at the items:

Each item from Barzillai appears to have been handmade. They appear to be perfectly functional and are nondenominational—they are not decorated with any Chelish or infernal insignias. Instead, the items are customized to incorporate images of ravens, and utilize silver as adornments.

Barzillai labeled the items, so it’s obvious what they are:
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2 (x3)
Headband of Vast Intelligence +2
Belt of Giant Strength +2


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

Matiscio is dumbstruck by Celia as the woman throws what plan they had into Thrune's fireplace and flies out to meet the oppressor. There isn't much he can do now. Because unlike Celia, he has no talent for magic and there's no way in Hell he'll be able to make himself fly - whether that's to rescue Celia or heel-first towards Barzillai's face.

Sense Motive vs 22: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

But against all odds, whatever fears he has of escalation aren't proven to be correct. Other than an exchange of gifts, nothing seems to happen. Wait, what?! Surely Barzillai isn't being for real! There is no way they can trust him after all that has happened!


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Using the message spell Celia had cast for all of them, Evander whispers, "We should avoid taking these directly to our hideout - one of the safe houses we had the Fushi sisters set up. Then we should make sure there aren't any tracking enchantments or anything like that on them."


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Celia nods her head to Thrune's words, just waitning for the axe to drop, but it never does. As Thrune leaves and the people start chanting she waves to the crowd and holds up the gifts "Thank good citizens of Kintargo! We will do everything we can to continue to help you and this city prosper!"

With that she walks back toward her 'mount', sending a message back to Evander "Indeed, I will meet you all at the safe house, so we can examine these before taking them anywhere near the base."

She 'get's on' her illusion and causes the raven to flap its wings a bit letting out another loud caw, before waving to the crowd one last time and then spurring the raven to fly. She will fly above the crowd finding any alley out of sight where she can land and promptly start dismissing some of her spells. First the illusion, then her spell to enhance her disguise, turning back to a more normal disguise that Evander had prepared.

She then promptly heads to the agreed upon safe house to wait for the others. As she waits she will look the items over to make sure they are what Thrune said they were and that there aren't any extra magics that might help him track them.

Spellcrafts as needed:

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Sense Motive 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Gregor is rendered completely speechless by Celia's decision, no single reprimand or warning bidden to his mind. As the result is muted by it's lack of any hostilities, he grows more worried. His thoughts are in line with Evander, that the gifts themselves are the trap. Either they are cursed, tracked, or just used as identifiers, he wouldn't be able to tell. Once they can gather together, he will attempt to aid in the goal of sussing out their true purpose.

Spellcraft to Aid
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Maps | Info | Loot

Celia, with Gregor’s help, is able to identify all but one of the items labeled as a belt of incredible dexterity. All the items she identifies are the actual items and don’t appear to be cursed in anyway. There isn’t any extra magic attached to the items, though they are certainly very distinctive.


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Evander, puzzled, paces back and forth. "Apart from their distinctive look, is there any way these could be used to magically track us down?"

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Know. Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Celia shrugs "With how distinctive they are, I would imagine it would make it easier to track the specific items with various divination magic. Perhaps it would be better to sell them? I mean they would be extremely useful to us, but it could be a big risk in using them..."


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Gilda stands mouth agape, speechless as Thrune departs the stage without escalating a conflict with Celia acting as a proxy for the Ravens.

Before Celia departs, she shouts from the crowd.

"Be careful, dear! Ya never know if he's got mages that'll track that magic wherever ya take it!"

Gilda begins biting her nails, clearly expecting the use of magic to put an end to their resistance.

"Dump it in the ocean! Barge O' Lies and Thrune can't buy the Ravens!"

She gestures to some others near her and tries to start a chant.

"Can't buy the Ravens! Can't buy the Ravens!"


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Once clear of the throngs of Ravenites, Gilda ducks into an alley with the others and drops to a knee, hoping to quickly ascertain their best shot at identifying a trader bound to leave the City for a distant market, whether it be Absalom, Ustalav or Osirion.

Gather Info:

Ears of the City
Gather Info: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30 for 1d4 ⇒ 2
Gather Info: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 for 1d4 ⇒ 4
Gather Info: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 for 1d4 ⇒ 2
Gather Info: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 for 1d4 ⇒ 1
Gather Info: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28 for 1d4 ⇒ 1
Gather Info: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 for 1d4 ⇒ 4


Maps | Info | Loot

Gilda consults with the city about traders leaving the city for a distant market. Given that the city is under martial law and that Cheliax in general is dealing with the Glorious Reclamation, there aren’t many traders coming around these days. However, Gilda does know of a local shopkeeper who might be able to help - Chuko Sharpbeak of The War Cage. He’s an ex-adventurer who likely has the contacts to get the goods out of the city - for the right price. Alternately, Gilda suspects that the group could probably call in one of their favors with Captain Sargaeta to assist in getting rid of the items, though you’d have to speak with him about the details.


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

When Gilda relates what she has found from communing with the city Celia suggests "May as well go see this Sharpbeak fellow. I'd prefer not to cash in a favor for something like this if we don't have to. Worst case, if it doesn't work out with Sharpbeak we just fall back to the other plan of leaving them somewhere and keeping an eye on the location from a distance."


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Gregor purses his lips before speaking, "Though I would not typically condone using a fence, I agree that this instance of dealing with one that secrets their wares would be the most prudent decision at the moment."


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Celia nods and grabs the magic items, sticking them in her haversack, ready to depart to the War Cage.


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Gilda snaps her fingers.

"It's like ya read my mind! Let's go see what this Sharpbeak is about. Sounds like a tengu to me, who I understand are quite skilled at fencing!"


Maps | Info | Loot

Friendly reminder that you have *8* favors with Captain Sargaeta. You certainly don’t have to use one here, but I would encourage you not to hoard them forever. They’re doing no one any good if they just sit there. :)

The War Cage is located in the Yolubilis Harbor district of Kintargo. Numerous shops can be found in this district, but the War Cage is one of the more popular spots visited by adventurers. The War Cage, so named for its almost arena-like structure (including a central courtyard where customers can spar with weapons) welcomes adventurers and explorers.

You enter the shop’s reception area to find its proprietor, Chuko Sharpbeak, standing behind the counter. He nods and says, “Greetings! What brings you to the War Cage?”


Codename: Lily | Human | Wizard (Exploiter) 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 14 | T 13 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Reservoir 10

Celia waits a bit for one of the others to use their silver tongues but shrugs as this is pretty straight forward. She pulls the items from her pack as she notes "We've come to sell some goods and make sure they are shipped far away. We heard you had contacts that could get that done?"

She lays the items out and explains what they are and how much they usually sell for.

3,401 to 3,450 of 3,769 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell's Rebels with GM Zek All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.