Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


4,151 to 4,200 of 4,391 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>

CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 2 | HP 33/33 | AC 18 / 16 T / 14 FF | CMD 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +11, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 1/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism

Knowledge (local) untrained to Aid Another?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
"I thought I'd let Victor try it first," Rosebud says with a mischievous-malicious smile. "He's been such a gentleman this evening."


URogue 7 HP: 43/45 AC: (25)24 FF:(25)24 (Uncanny Dodge) T:(14)16 CMB:+5 CMD: (23)21 F:+3 R:+9 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+8| Perception +11, Sense Motive +14 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 3/3; CLW Wand 47/50 Effects:

Victor looks up from his setting as he hears his name, something was distracting him. He quietly drags the pot closer and lifts the lid.
K Local DC25: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

He shakes his head surely in the negative "Nope, don't know him, but he has your hairline." Victor points across the table at Geoff.

Victor returns to whatever he was doing, a smile returning to his face.
Sleight of Hand: Yes he put a minnow in his water glass: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Issil Tanessen | | HP 57/57 | AC 20 T 14 FF 18 | Saves: 6/4/5 | CMD 18 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 7 | Spells -/4/4/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil takes a look at the pot. "Creative naming you've got here. Alas, I never learned the finer points of eating it."

"I am a naive outsider. What's the best way to eat this?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Issil's patience wears a bit thin. And frankly, the head is rather ugly to look at.


HP: 66/66 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 26 l F +10, R +6, W +5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +9
Skills:
Diplo +11, Disg +8, Intim +11, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +12, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 7 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey stares at the pot holding the 'head' inside feeling a bit more uneasy than before. I feel like we are being tested here...as surely as if we are in a gladiatorial arena...

Rubbing his hand through his hair he did notice the line was receding a tad. Looks like my father's curse is running true here...

Knowledge (Geography) DC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Who knows how to eat this but I daresay you need to split the 'skull' here and scoop out the 'brains' first. He thinks wryly as he looks to Morvena for some guidance here.


HP: 37/37 l AC: 13 (16 w/ Mage Armor), T 12, FF 11 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +5, W +6 l Arcane Reservoir (10/10), Conjurer's Focus (7/7), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 3/5, L2: 5/5, L3: 3/4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 7 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kn. Local (DC 25): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"I am not sure if this is better or worse than the minnows..." Morvena finally remarks after staring at the 'head-in-a-pot' for a long moment. "Molly, do you have any ideas?"

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-7 | Conditions: Heroism | Bardic Performance 16/20 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-2/2 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 52/52 | AC 22/ 14 T/ 20 FF | CMD 18 | Fort +7 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +8, Will +6 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +18

Pádraig Henry watches closely, trying to figure out how to eat the exotic dish by watching and emulating the other guests.
Perception to observe: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Bluff to emulate guests other Victor: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

"I.. do not," Molly frowns. Pádraig is patient, and watches the purple-haired halfling seated just diagonally from him as she drenches the squash in the spicy sauce, and then use the razor-sharp spoon to scoop through the rind and spoon out the juicy, stringy flesh inside.

"A naive outsider? Hmph." She says mockingly. "The Elitu Rosewinter will demonstrate how one must consume this meal," her nose held high, she places a spoon of squash into her mouth. After swallowing, she finishes by adding, "The little loaf of bread is not to be eaten until the end of the course. ... If you can handle waiting."

The sauce is very spicy, and you'll need a DC 15 Fortitude save to endure it or otherwise be forced to eat the bread early, as it mitigates the spice.

Fail the save by 5 or more and...:

Your throat swells up, affecting your ability to speak without needing constant sips of water. Take a -4 penalty to all Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks for the remainder of the banquet


Issil Tanessen | | HP 57/57 | AC 20 T 14 FF 18 | Saves: 6/4/5 | CMD 18 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 7 | Spells -/4/4/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Spice, eh?"

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"I love spic-" Issil coughs. "Nope. I'm not worthy!" And she stuffs the bread into her mouth. "Your spices are exquisite. I clearly have much to learn out here."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 66/66 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 26 l F +10, R +6, W +5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +9
Skills:
Diplo +11, Disg +8, Intim +11, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +12, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 7 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Fort save DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Geoffrey nods in satisfaction as his guesstimate on how to consume the squash is close to the mark.

Mmm...spicy! He dives into the squash with a gusto. Are those ghost habaneros I taste? Been a while since I have had those!

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-7 | Conditions: Heroism | Bardic Performance 16/20 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-2/2 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 52/52 | AC 22/ 14 T/ 20 FF | CMD 18 | Fort +7 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +8, Will +6 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +18

Fortitude DC15, Secret Revolutionary trait +1 on Fort saves vs drugs or poisons--and dangerous spices?: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
"Ah!" Pádraig Henry savors the squash. "Love the blend of hot spices."


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 2 | HP 33/33 | AC 18 / 16 T / 14 FF | CMD 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +11, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 1/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism

Fortitude DC15, Resist fire 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Following Pádraig Henry's example, Rosebud drenches the squash in the spicy sauce, and then uses the razor-sharp spoon to scoop through the rind and spoon out the juicy, stringy flesh inside.

"Your Grace, would your chef part with the recipe?" Rosebud asks. "I love this Galtan squash!"

Swallowing as she finishes the course, the lyrakien reaches for the tiny loaf of bread.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 7 HP: 43/45 AC: (25)24 FF:(25)24 (Uncanny Dodge) T:(14)16 CMB:+5 CMD: (23)21 F:+3 R:+9 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+8| Perception +11, Sense Motive +14 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 3/3; CLW Wand 47/50 Effects:

Fort vs DC15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Victor watches the others in between watching his fish swim around in his water glass. He coats the squash, stabs the head, then takes a fork full of the spicy concoction. He closes his mouth, chews once then looks up, eyes wide open and starting to water. He opens his mouth and Plop goes the moosh back into the bowl. "Nope." Is all he can muster as he reaches for the bread and water, shaking his head back and forth, clearly upset at what just went into his mouth.


HP: 37/37 l AC: 13 (16 w/ Mage Armor), T 12, FF 11 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +5, W +6 l Arcane Reservoir (10/10), Conjurer's Focus (7/7), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 3/5, L2: 5/5, L3: 3/4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 7 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Fort (DC 15): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Though the spice does make Morvena's eyes water a little bit, she manages to work her way through course in the proper sequence.

"Normally I find extremely spicy meals not to my particular liking but this...this is actually rather delicious!"

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Stuff:

10 (Outfits)
+5 (Standing ovation)
-2 (Victor and his minnows)
+1 (Issil and her minnows)
+1 (Padraig/and aided explanation)
+1 (Issil's riling up of Asmerru)
+4 (Morv, Rosebud, Geoff, PH manage to eat galtan squash)
-1 (Victor doesn't)

I screwed up the K (Local)/Profession (Cook) check for this course, as it's not a 'free' check. Making this check assumes that you start eating right away, and failure has a penalty. Oof. I won't penalize you for this course as I wasn't clear about it.

Geoffrey, Morvena, Pádraig, and Rosebud all manage to steel their minds - and their tongues - against the explosive heat of the spicy sauce. The bread is a welcome relief afterwards, and quickly removes the burning sensation. The other guests, and the Queen herself, look around the table, noting whoever managed to eat the hot dish...

... Which doesn't go so well for Victor. Sweat pours from his forehead, his entire face burning red as the heat rampantly spreads through his mouth.

"Oh, he's trying so hard, though," Anca quickly pours a glass of water and hands it to Victor. "Drink this, and quickly."

Another post comin' up... One moment please.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The Queen picks up a breadcrumb that had fallen from the crunchy bread, and a servant rushes over eagerly to take it.

"Let us not pretend rebellions are calm, nonviolent affairs," she continues. "No, they are in fact, quite bloody."

The Queen directs her focus on the group of you, this time, as she asks, "How can rebels justify the pain and death they cause by opposing what is often a rightful ruler?"

Elitu's eyes widen at this question, and she speaks up. "My Queen, when a child attempts to climb stairs for the first time, and falls, bruising their bodies, they eventually get back up. Only now, they are much more careful. They've learned. They don't want to experience that pain again."

"My point is, My Queen," Elitu checks that her high bun is still in place, "Pain is often necessary for growth."

"Pain and death? Are you insane? Are you justifying murder too, then? Because it sounds like you are." Anca quickly retorts. "Shall I go and kill someone so I, too, can grow?"

The two continue, while you're given the opportunity to respond directly, if you wish to...

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-7 | Conditions: Heroism | Bardic Performance 16/20 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-2/2 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 52/52 | AC 22/ 14 T/ 20 FF | CMD 18 | Fort +7 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +8, Will +6 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +18

"Violence has followed the tyrant, it's true, your Grace," Pádraig Henry agrees. "Thrune has insatiable appetites, with infernal allies to feed them. At the same time, other crimes are ignored. Why just recently, the Silver Ravens ended the killing spree of a serial killer who preyed upon the people of Kintargo."

"Thrune's hired muscle, the dottarai, couldn't have been bothered. They're far too busy extracting 'tolls' from Kintargo's citizens, who must pay for the 'privilege' of moving about their own home city."

"One can argue about who is the 'rightful' ruler of the city, but it's unlikely such rule can continue without the consent of the governed. When authoritarian excesses push the people beyond their tolerable limits, the people will revolt."


HP: 66/66 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 26 l F +10, R +6, W +5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +9
Skills:
Diplo +11, Disg +8, Intim +11, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +12, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 7 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"And yes this process is a violent one," Geoffrey chimes in, "Although if you look at nature and how violent the world is around us one could argue this is the natural state of affairs, your Grace." Geoffrey pauses as he strokes his goatee in thought. "The issue here, I believe, is how to mitigate the violence and minimize the bloodshed."


HP: 66/66 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 26 l F +10, R +6, W +5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +9
Skills:
Diplo +11, Disg +8, Intim +11, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +12, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 7 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-7 | Conditions: Heroism | Bardic Performance 16/20 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-2/2 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 52/52 | AC 22/ 14 T/ 20 FF | CMD 18 | Fort +7 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +8, Will +6 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +18

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33


URogue 7 HP: 43/45 AC: (25)24 FF:(25)24 (Uncanny Dodge) T:(14)16 CMB:+5 CMD: (23)21 F:+3 R:+9 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+8| Perception +11, Sense Motive +14 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 3/3; CLW Wand 47/50 Effects:

Victor gladly grabs the glass of water from Anca and drinks, and drinks. He even dips his napkin in it and starts washing down his face. He's FAR too concerned with not dying to make any sort of conversation. He does smile at Anca for the help, holding the glass for another fill up.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 57/57 | AC 20 T 14 FF 18 | Saves: 6/4/5 | CMD 18 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 7 | Spells -/4/4/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"People get hurt. People die." Issil turns serious for a moment. "What kind of life lies under someone's boot? It's better to die free, if you ask me."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Issil is much too forceful.


HP: 37/37 l AC: 13 (16 w/ Mage Armor), T 12, FF 11 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +5, W +6 l Arcane Reservoir (10/10), Conjurer's Focus (7/7), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 3/5, L2: 5/5, L3: 3/4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 7 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena carefully considers the question - and her response.

"I am not sure," she responds, speaking slowly as she attempts to choose her words carefully, "that 'justify' is quite the right word. Is violence ever truly justified, except perhaps in self-defense of one's life? No matter what, each side of a conflict will always seek to justify their methods."

"Instead, I think it is important to consider how each side reacts to the use of violence. Do they revel in it? Glorify it? Or do they treat it as a last resort, more often than not?"

She pauses, taking a sip of her water. "It seems to me that Thrune and his followers, if not reveling in the violence, certainly do not seem to be losing much sleep over the things that they do. Contrast that with the Silver Ravens...who, exactly, have they treated with violence except wanton murderers?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 2 | HP 33/33 | AC 18 / 16 T / 14 FF | CMD 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +11, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 1/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism

"Thrune will face judgment for his actions, as will we all," adds Rosebud. "I guarantee it."

The tiny lyrakien azata flashes perfect teeth. "I'm here to help."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


Issil Tanessen | | HP 57/57 | AC 20 T 14 FF 18 | Saves: 6/4/5 | CMD 18 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 7 | Spells -/4/4/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Yeah, Rosie here just kind of popped up and became Mister P's wingman." Issil points to Pádraig, if it wasn't obvious. "She has good fashion sense, honestly."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Stuff:

10 (Outfits)
+5 (Standing ovation)
-2 (Victor and his minnows)
+1 (Issil and her minnows)
+1 (Padraig/and aided explanation)
+1 (Issil's riling up of Asmerru)
+4 (Morv, Rosebud, Geoff, PH manage to eat galtan squash)
-1 (Victor doesn't)
+1 (PH/Round 2 topics)
+1 (Geoffrey/Round 2 topics)
-1 (Issil/Round 2 topics)
Sm, Issil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
SM, Rosebud: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
SM, Vic: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
SM, PH: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
SM, Geoff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

"So these Silver Ravens hope to fill the gap that the dottari have left open, including keeping the populace safe," the Queen acknowledges, nodding at Padraig and Morvena. "Intriguing. In a way, then, it sounds as though they are being careful to minimize the amount of violence necessary during this rebellion."

Issil's point comes across a little more harshly than intended. "I suggest you use reframe your thoughts around life and death," the Queen pulls the corner of her lip up judgmentally.

Meanwhile, Elitu and Anca continue bickering as they finish up their course, and it looks as if it's escalating. Fast. "... No, you idiot," Elitu leans forward across the table. "I am not saying to kill someone to grow. Do you take everything so literally?!" She sharply remarks, staring down Anca.

Anca's flustered, and tightens her fists as if she's about to throw a punch. But the Queen quickly notices. "Seems we've got our own rebellion growing at this very table!" She comments. Both Elitu and Anca back down at this point, leaning back in their chairs.

Next round coming up in another post not long from now...

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The servants return to collect the plates and bowls and wipe up any breadcrumbs, and before long, they return with a large tray balanced on the back of a shaved ram, heaped with what appear to be pies with golden flaky crusts.

The queen claps her hands in delight, exclaiming, "Ah, the meat course!"

As the dish is served, both Padraig and Victor realize that the woman with the mole on her chin has been watching them throughout the entire banquet.

As before, you can start eating immediately but need a DC 25 Knowledge (Geography or Local) or Profession (Cook) check to know the proper way to eat it. Or you may wait and watch other guests to learn proper etiquette.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-7 | Conditions: Heroism | Bardic Performance 16/20 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-2/2 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 52/52 | AC 22/ 14 T/ 20 FF | CMD 18 | Fort +7 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +8, Will +6 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +18

Knowledge (local) DC25: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
As the shaved ram and the flaky-crusted pies are served, Pádraig Henry has no idea how to eat them. He watches carefully to see how the locals 'attack' the dish, before he attempts to eat it.

Partly to cover for his hesitation, he smiles at the woman with the mole on her chin who's been watching them throughout the entire banquet. "So, my lady, what are your thoughts on the dinner and the conversation?"
Bluff: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32


Issil Tanessen | | HP 57/57 | AC 20 T 14 FF 18 | Saves: 6/4/5 | CMD 18 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 7 | Spells -/4/4/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"I'll practice harder." Issil keeps her reply short as the queen cuts her off. Ugh. This is why I stopped hanging out with fancy pants.

Issil has no idea what the procedure is for this one, so she waits for everyone else to dig in.


HP: 37/37 l AC: 13 (16 w/ Mage Armor), T 12, FF 11 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +5, W +6 l Arcane Reservoir (10/10), Conjurer's Focus (7/7), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 3/5, L2: 5/5, L3: 3/4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 7 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kn. Local (DC 25): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Morvena stares at the shaved ram bearing the delicious-looking pies and sighs softly.

"It seems my family erred on the side of traditional fare more often than not," she mutters. "I haven't the faintest on how to proceed with this course."

She casually takes another sip of water and surreptitiously glances around to see what everyone else is doing.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


HP: 66/66 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 26 l F +10, R +6, W +5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +9
Skills:
Diplo +11, Disg +8, Intim +11, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +12, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 7 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Knowledge (Geography) DC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Geoffrey shakes his head slightly as the menagerie of dinner courses continues unabated.

Pies...MEAT pies...what's the catch here, and perhaps more importantly, what KIND of meat?

Still unable to recall anything special about how to devour these pies he decides to watch and discern how the others partaking tackle this dilemma.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


URogue 7 HP: 43/45 AC: (25)24 FF:(25)24 (Uncanny Dodge) T:(14)16 CMB:+5 CMD: (23)21 F:+3 R:+9 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+8| Perception +11, Sense Motive +14 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 3/3; CLW Wand 47/50 Effects:

K Local DC25: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Ooo pie! I love pie!" Victor stops as he notices the mole woman looking right at him for the 5th time. "Mole?" Is about all he can seem to say, staring at the mole now and not his pet fish.

His throat still burns, he takes another sip of water and again tries to say something... Bluff, Spicy: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 5 = 29 "Do you like pie Ms Mole?" He smiles and points to the pies.

He watches to see if she does or if she's just going to stare at him all night. Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 2 | HP 33/33 | AC 18 / 16 T / 14 FF | CMD 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +11, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 1/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism

Rosebud kicks Victor under the table.
Sleight of Hand Untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

No one seems to have any idea how to eat the course, but thankfully, the other guests soon dig in. The Mole Woman herself pierces the pie with her fork, and you get a peek inside. But wait, the pies are empty, save for a sauce? Or maybe they're filled with a most unusual and curious meat that's... invisible? Based on how quickly the guests are eating invisible chunks dripping with clear (visible) sauce from their forks, the proper way seems it is to consume all of the meat inside the pie before it becomes visible. Asmerru's own bungled attempt proves that the meat takes on a fluffy, gross, wispy texture once its invisibility wears off, and his gagging must mean it can't taste too good at that point, either!

Eating an 'Unseen Feast' requires a DC 25 Perception check to eat all of the meat before it becomes visible. If you can see invisibility, you automatically succeed. You can also choose not to eat it at all.

The elderly, moled woman sets her fork down calmly when Padraig addresses her. "It has been a lovely evening, filled with most enthralling topics, friend," she smiles. Victor's comes across a lot more harshly at first, yet somehow manages to make his question seem more honeyed than it actually is. "I enjoy this dish, yes. It is the flesh of an invisible stalker. You know, you remind me of a particularly charming family servant who died of a spider bite during my childhood, many years ago," she pauses, looking sidelong at Victor. "Only you aren't quite as charming," she says with a sneer.


HP: 66/66 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 26 l F +10, R +6, W +5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +9
Skills:
Diplo +11, Disg +8, Intim +11, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +12, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 7 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Invisible Stalker? I thought they were an elemental being, and thus had no body to consume...

Shrugging slightly Geoffrey decides to chance the Unseen Feast...

Perception DC 25: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

...yet he fares little better than Asmerru here.

Oh well...at least the previous courses were much better fare!


Issil Tanessen | | HP 57/57 | AC 20 T 14 FF 18 | Saves: 6/4/5 | CMD 18 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 7 | Spells -/4/4/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Invisible stalker flesh?" Issil raises an eyebrow. "This is too fancy for me, than you."

Issil can't make the check, so she will refuse to eat.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

"Don't mind me. I gotta watch my weight. Low meat diet."


HP: 37/37 l AC: 13 (16 w/ Mage Armor), T 12, FF 11 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +5, W +6 l Arcane Reservoir (10/10), Conjurer's Focus (7/7), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 3/5, L2: 5/5, L3: 3/4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 7 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena quickly considers her options as she realizes that she likely isn't naturally perceptive enough to be able to eat the entire 'pie' before it becomes visible.

I could refuse...but that would be rude to our hostess. Of course I *could* grant myself the power to see the invisible...but that would be a rather obvious and attention-catching action.

She looks at the pie and then picks up her fork with a look of determination.

I suppose I shall simply have to do my best and attempt to smooth any ruffled feathers after the fact.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Of course she doesn't manage to consume all the meat before it becomes visible and sour-tasting.

"I...apologize, but my eyesight is not as sharp as I would prefer. Too much time spent poring over books and tomes, you see," Morvena explains.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


URogue 7 HP: 43/45 AC: (25)24 FF:(25)24 (Uncanny Dodge) T:(14)16 CMB:+5 CMD: (23)21 F:+3 R:+9 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+8| Perception +11, Sense Motive +14 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 3/3; CLW Wand 47/50 Effects:

Victor ducks his head under the table cloth to try figure out what just kicked him "Ouch! I think a spider just bit me!" He gives the moley woman a frown while he rubs his shin.

"Invisible meat? Huh." He pokes around and tries to find it all... or none.. He quickly gives up, more concerned about this spider bite on his shin.

Perception DC25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"Anyone see that spider? A real stinger!"

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-7 | Conditions: Heroism | Bardic Performance 16/20 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-2/2 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 52/52 | AC 22/ 14 T/ 20 FF | CMD 18 | Fort +7 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +8, Will +6 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +18

Perception DC25: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Pádraig Henry eats the invisible chunks of meat dripping with clear sauce from his fork, managing to consume all of the meat inside the pie before it becomes visible.

Hoping his stomach soon settles, he averts his eyes from the plates of the other guests, whose pies' contents are now visible, with a fluffy, gross, and wispy texture.


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 2 | HP 33/33 | AC 18 / 16 T / 14 FF | CMD 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +11, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 1/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism

Perception DC25: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
"Absolutely delicious, isn't it, PH?" says Rosebud.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 57/57 | AC 20 T 14 FF 18 | Saves: 6/4/5 | CMD 18 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 7 | Spells -/4/4/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

I submit, for your approval: A tiny Lyrakien devouring an entire pie before it becomes visible.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Stuff:

10 (Outfits)
+5 (Standing ovation)
-2 (Victor and his minnows)
+1 (Issil and her minnows)
+1 (Padraig/and aided explanation)
+1 (Issil's riling up of Asmerru)
+4 (Morv, Rosebud, Geoff, PH manage to eat galtan squash)
-1 (Victor doesn't)
+1 (PH/Round 2 topics)
+1 (Geoffrey/Round 2 topics)
-1 (Issil/Round 2 topics)
+1 (PH/Rosebud manage to eat invisible stew)
-1 (Issil doesn't)

Save for Issil, you all put your best effort forward in eating the Unseen Feast, desperately trying to get every last piece of invisible meat as the sauce briefly outlines it. It's obviously tough to do so, and only Rosebud and Padraig manage to complete the meal.

"A fine attempt nonetheless," the Queen nods, slightly smiling at Padraig. "Though I do wish you would have given it a try," she stares down Issil.

But with Victor, the Queen looks as if she's just about had enough. "I suggest you attempt to act a little more tolerably for the rest of the evening," she glares, frost in her voice.

Then she stares down the table and claps her hands once. "On to other matters! Let's talk about sin. It is... odd how different societies consider different acts sinful."

"To me, worshiping a god is a sin, yet for all of Cheliax, worship of Asmodeus is all but required."

"What about the rest of you? Let's start with you.. Anca." She looks to her left.

"Hmm, I'd say neglecting your children. Parents who do that are awful," Anca says.

"Psh! Children. Of course you'd say that," Asmerru the stuffy noble retorts. "The greatest sin is disobedience to a superior!"

"Resurrection. Bringing back the dead. If someone is dead, they ought to stay that way," Elitu Rosewater states.

"Invading another's home," The Mole-faced woman calmly adds.

"Oh thaaaaat's easy!" Kekza, the colorfully dressed gnome, flirts. "Chastity! Duh!"

Four others who had been at the table but who have not yet interacted with you also mention what they believe the greatest sins: abuse of trust, wasting food, wasting booze, and fraud.

"Betrayal," Molly Mayapple calmly says when it's her turn.

Then the Queen of Delights turns to you. "What of you five - er, six? What do you believe to be the greatest sin?"

You'll have to answer with a Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate (your choice) and can't aid others.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-7 | Conditions: Heroism | Bardic Performance 16/20 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-2/2 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 52/52 | AC 22/ 14 T/ 20 FF | CMD 18 | Fort +7 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +8, Will +6 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +18

""What is sin?'" Pádraig Henry repeats the question, considering how to answer sincerely--and without offending the queen.

"Sin, in my view, refers to free choices that harm and break our relationship with the transcendental truth, some would say with God, and our relationship with others."

"Authoritarianism, especially as exercised by Thrune, eliminates its subjects' choices altogether, subverting and supplanting the truth, thereby resting its rule upon a foundation of equal parts conceit and deceit."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 2 | HP 33/33 | AC 18 / 16 T / 14 FF | CMD 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +11, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 1/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism

Rosebud nods, "Not bad, PH. Not bad. Seems you've given this subject some thought."

He's no saint, so the only possible explanation is that he's an experienced sinner.

"Understanding sin is important, because sin is the only thing that can jeopardize your soul. But if you understand sin, you can avoid it. Sin is any attachment, thought, statement, action, or inaction, that is contrary to the exercise of free will."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


Issil Tanessen | | HP 57/57 | AC 20 T 14 FF 18 | Saves: 6/4/5 | CMD 18 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 7 | Spells -/4/4/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil takes the social hit. She's used to it.

Issil chuckles as Kekza answers. "Damn, stole my answer. There are many ways to express yourself. Me? I dance. In plenty of ways." She chuckles. "But there's a kind of simple intimacy between two people. Or more, whatever."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Yeesh

"...hmm, no one's following me, huh?" Issil shrugs.


URogue 7 HP: 43/45 AC: (25)24 FF:(25)24 (Uncanny Dodge) T:(14)16 CMB:+5 CMD: (23)21 F:+3 R:+9 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+8| Perception +11, Sense Motive +14 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 3/3; CLW Wand 47/50 Effects:

Victor shrinks under the reprimand, almost like he's expecting to be hit. "Sorry M'Lady." He whispers, calming his antics with the fish a bit and looking down into his plate.

When the next topic is raised Victor pauses a bit, not wanting to be the first to answer. He clears his throat a bit, its still burning hot and swollen from that weird squash soup. "Sin is knowing right and doing wrong. Watching bad and looking away. Saying one and doing the other." He starts to rattle off a host of answers but his throat closes up on him before he can continue for long.

Bluff: Some of these he follows.. some not as much..: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 17 - 4 = 27


HP: 66/66 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 26 l F +10, R +6, W +5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +9
Skills:
Diplo +11, Disg +8, Intim +11, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +12, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 7 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey sits for a while chewing over the question in his mind. After listening to the answers from the others, he responds slowly "It seems as if each answer to this question is different...according to how each person perceives their faith and the polar opposite, sin." He strokes his goatee thoughtfully, "I believe there is no one universal definition of sin as each person views it differently." He shrugs apologetically, "Your Grace, if there is indeed a universal definition of sin then it is only discernible by one more thoughtful than myself."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 37/37 l AC: 13 (16 w/ Mage Armor), T 12, FF 11 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +5, W +6 l Arcane Reservoir (10/10), Conjurer's Focus (7/7), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 3/5, L2: 5/5, L3: 3/4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 7 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Wrangled some free time this evening!

Morvena sits very still and very silent when it finally comes her turn to answer. She stares down at the table, either unable or unwilling to meet the gaze of either her companions nor the banquet's other attendees.

"Inaction," she answers, very softly. "To stand by and allow another to be hurt or to travel down a ruinous path when you have the opportunity to intervene...cowardice, laziness, malice, or indifference, the reason why does not matter. It is unforgivable."

As she speaks, there is a note of self-loathing in her voice that she either is unable or unconcerned about trying to hide.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 7 HP: 43/45 AC: (25)24 FF:(25)24 (Uncanny Dodge) T:(14)16 CMB:+5 CMD: (23)21 F:+3 R:+9 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+8| Perception +11, Sense Motive +14 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 3/3; CLW Wand 47/50 Effects:

Victor pats Morv's shoulder in a comforting, Brotherly manner. "Yup."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 2 | HP 33/33 | AC 18 / 16 T / 14 FF | CMD 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +11, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 1/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism

Rosebud gives Victor a stern and cautionary frown, warning him not to get too handsy with the ladies.

"What Morvena needs is a Confessor, someone who can assist her in the sacrament of spiritual healing."

The inquisitor gives the woman a hug. "I'm here for you, sister."

"Strictest confidentiality. Your lips to God's ears," the lyrakien azata whispers. "Cross my heart and hope to return to Elysium."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Stuff:

10 (Outfits)
+5 (Standing ovation)
-2 (Victor and his minnows)
+1 (Issil and her minnows)
+1 (Padraig/and aided explanation)
+1 (Issil's riling up of Asmerru)
+4 (Morv, Rosebud, Geoff, PH manage to eat galtan squash)
-1 (Victor doesn't)
+1 (PH/Round 2 topics)
+1 (Geoffrey/Round 2 topics)
-1 (Issil/Round 2 topics)
+1 (PH/Rosebud manage to eat invisible stew)
-1 (Issil doesn't)
+4 (PH/Rosebud/Morv/Geoff/Vic round 3 topics)
-1 (Issil round 3 topics)

The Queen pays close attention to your answers, nodding along. "You two and your fluttering companion here are most thoughtful in your response," she stares at Rosebud, Padraig, and Geoffrey.

"And perhaps you have redeemed yourself. For now," she cooly remarks as Victor answers, "though I would have preferred to know what you personally consider the greatest sin one might make."

"... Just as she has told us," Queen Kaleekii shows a small smile to Morvena. "Such a viewpoint as hers may lend itself well to some of these rebels we had spoken of earlier."

As the conversation topic wears down, the next course is brought out by the servants. "The final course, our dessert, has arrived: sweetfats," the Queen looks on.

At each setting, the help place a small plate covered by a silver lid, a strange device that looks like a little corkscrew, and a curious fist-sized object in the shape of a dodecahedron. The help then lift the lids of all plates simultaneously... and a tumble of fat, candied spiders, each with a belly the size of a grape, come tumbling out over the edges of the plate!

As before, Knowledge (Geography or Local) DC 25 or Profession (Cook) DC 25 to know how to eat it. Failing this check means you think you know how to eat it, but don't actually. Alternatives are to wait and watch the other guests, or to not eat it at all.

4,151 to 4,200 of 4,391 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.