Halloween Holly's Carnival of Tears (Inactive)

Game Master MayDay

ENCOUNTER MAP


401 to 450 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

CN Tiny Fey; Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantment

Azalia is stabilized thanks to Jan, but she remains unconcious, babbling incoherently... No mom! Five more minutes! I don't not wanna get on the fairy-bus to go to school today!


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"Are you thirsty? Be blessed by Lamashtu you damn beast!" Opo's usual cheery demeanor fades as he is wounded and he pours Water of Lamashtu on the root. Fort Save DC 18. If saves it is sickened for 1d4 rounds. If fails becomes mad and twisted, 1d6 int and 1d6 dex damage.


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

Jan pauses in its flight, respires deeply (not that anyone can tell), and mentally commands the swarm to turn back around and crawl back over the Quickwood.

It's a small act of botanical betrayal - but the best it can do in the moment.

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
DC 11 fort save or be distracted - Duh DuH DUH!


M Laborer Elf Android Technomancer 2: Spd:30, Init:0, KAC:13, EAC:12, SP:4/14, HP:14/14, RP:3/3, Fort:4, Ref:0, Will:2, Perc:0, Lowlight

Aleon backs up again and shoot hit: 6 + 1d20 ⇒ 6 + (8) = 14
dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

Round 4

"This foe may be beyond us my friends", states Tamar.

He releases a Color Spray to seek to stun the tree at least temporarily so that the group can flee.

Will save DC 16.


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Jan starts shouting at as it sees the beginnings of Tamar's spell

"No no no! Don't do that! Flesh magics don't work on a green mind!"

Also, color spray has a very short range - you would have to be very close


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

It seems Tamar is right, and my father repeated often, there is no shame in running from a foe you have no hope of defeating. Come on comrades! Run for it! Koddast fires again, and continues to retreat back in the direction of the carnival.

To Hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Potential Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

* * ***

What? Water's of Lamashtu? Oh nasty. fort save Vs Lamashtu water: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 sickies for: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

* * ***

fort save VS swarm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Quickwood begins vomitting up a nasty black liquid. His big eyes grow glassy and he staggars around. The beetles and creepy crawlies chew and burrow into his bark.

Will VS color spray: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Blinded by the light har har Quickwood is Stunned and stands still, it's highest branches creaking from the residual motion of the monster as you all run with the children from the woods.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"That's a good tree drink your Water, praise be to the mother of monsters..." Opo smiles sadistically at his foe.


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

Jan yells to the others as they flee from the angry greenery

"Let that be a lesson to you. Never make a tree mad. Remember that when next you urn around with your an axe."

"Well, let us get these sprouts somewhere safe and find the next abomination. Where next? This 'Titan's wheel, maybe?"

Can some of us make use of that cure light wounds wand?


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

Tamar will land from his levitation and move quickly towards the others.

"That spell will not last long against such a creature. We should be on our way and quickly!

Certainly, the Titan's Wheel is as good a choice as any".

The Drow grimaces as he looks back into the woods finding a foe beyond his abilities has always bothered him and this time is no different.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

Opo takes the opportunity to run to his friends. " I blew up the sleigh. It was too bad it was a really fun ride."


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

Who needs healing, just holler, and Koddast will use up some wand charges for whomever needs it.


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

29 needed!


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

I could use a bit, but I am only minorly injured so I can wait.I guess I should update my character sheet and stop being lazy.

Dark Archive

* * ***

You guys are going to run out of spells before the final battle tonight-in-the-game-world. Wonder how to get you some charges...


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

That reminds me to look at the loot I got from before any thing shiny? That old gnome better have had something or i'll go kill him again. If not, maybe I need to go pick some more pockets, I am sure there is someone rich around here...


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

After the party reaches a safe distance from the Quickwood, Koddast pulls out his cure wand and expends a few charges to heal his comrades.

Cure Light Wounds 3x Charges, first 2 for Jan, last 1 for Opo: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dark Archive

* * ***

Indeed, that gnome was kinda rich. Not as rich as the treasure chest under Quickwood's bridge *shrug* lol

Having left poor Azalia there with the evil tree, Opo peeks in the Gnome's bag and finds:

-A Potion of Fly
-A Scroll of Transmute Rock To Mud
-A potion of Keen Edge
-A Scroll of lesser Planar Binding
-3x Scroll of Magic Missle
-A potion of Cure Serious Wounds
-51 gp
-a perfect Opal
-A lock of a little girl's hair.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

Opo eats the little girls hair and shows his friends the other stuff. " I get the spaghetti, but I will share the rest with you guys if you want. I really don't like scrolls, my momma told me words are bad. But this potion will make you fly, and this one makes your weapons good, and this one is good if you are really hurt. "


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

"The scrolls are likely best utilized by me", replies the Drow.

Dark Archive

* * ***

The Titan's Wheel. Even before the fey got ahold of it, twas a nauseating site. It's a windmill, you know. Kind of a big one at that. The windmill’s blades had been replaced for the Carnival by a massive fifteen-foot-diameter metal wheel painted in nauseating spirals of lime green and orange and threaded with flapping rainbow streamers. Kids stood around laughing as the men of the town tried their strength at spinning it, to win prizes for their sweethearts.

But now, The Titan’s Wheel has undergone a drastic change. Stripped of its once-colorful decorations, it juts like a rotten claw from a quagmire of mud and blood. Fairgoers navigate toward it on rotten planks arranged as steppingstones to span the fetid morass. Ghoulish trophies dangle from the great metal wheel, bound by their own intestines to the rusting metal so they drag through the mud and up into the air as the wheel rotates. As long as this thing continues to rotate it's gonna kill these poor souls.

Around the side of the monsterous building you see a door, covered in blood and guts, which allows access to the mighty gears of the mill inside...

Off in the distance, somewhere in the ice maze, there is a mighty roar. The Monster Gradzaal, no doubt.


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

The windmill, it's made mostly out of wood? If so, anybody got any oil? We could set that thing ablaze and scare the patrons off. That and burn it to the ground so it can't do further damage.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"Did someone say fire?....I can light it on fire no problem


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

"Well lets not just stand around staring at the thing! Mister Opo, quick, use that fire of yours!‽! Let's put that thing to the torch."


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

Tamar smiles at the thought of burning the thing. "Or we could simply shut it down..."


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

Not having to tell Opo twice, he runs towards the mill, bomb in hand, to set the entire thing ablaze. "Burn! Burn! Burn!" In case I need attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Damage: 3d6 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (5, 2, 3) + 3 + (1) = 14


M Laborer Elf Android Technomancer 2: Spd:30, Init:0, KAC:13, EAC:12, SP:4/14, HP:14/14, RP:3/3, Fort:4, Ref:0, Will:2, Perc:0, Lowlight

I hope this doesn't backfire on us

Dark Archive

* * ***

And then this happens...
The bomb broad sides the building, setting the paper michea and streamers ablaze instantly. As the heat rises the wooden siding catches on fire.

From inside, you can hear villagers starting to scream as they inhale smoke. They will burn alive!

Just then a small ice-brownie comes walking by whistling a tune. When he realizes the Titan is on fire he stops next to Opo to admire. Goblin and Brownie both stand there for a moment, the same sick grin on each of their faces. Brownie says Wow, Mr. Goblin dude, very nice. I mean, really impressive work. Congratulations. He shakes Opo's hand vigorously, then he turns to continue on his way.

It's sort of a "did that just f*&ing happen?" moment.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

Opo proud of the blaze smiles and shakes the brownie's hand. "Hey thanks." Maybe these fairies are not all that bad... He thinks oblivious to anything besides the fire as he stares at it lovingly. "Burn, Burn, Burn" he continues to whisper.


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

This is going to sound heartless, but there was bound to be some collateral damage in this fight either way, and I do believe that by getting rid of the Titan's wheel in the most expedient way, we've saved ourselves a lot of time and trouble. To quote a philosopher in a book my mother used to read to me, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Now, we'd best see about that minotaur.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"Your human talks a lot, but I agree I want to see the minotaur too." Opo tells the wolf as he pets her and feeds her.


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

"Hopefully they all remembered to put seeds down before they came to the Carnival. They'll regrow in no more then a week if they did!" the Ghoran suggests helpfully.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"See Jan's right they probably had seeds. I really like the carnival this year. How about you guys?"


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

As he watches the building burn with mild interest Tamar turns to Koddast and whispers, "Do you think that Brownie is one of the fey we should be bringing to justice?"


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

Koddast looks at the Brownie, seeming to be noticing it for the very first time. When it comes to fey, I think they should all come to justice. He says and then in one quick motion draws an arrow, pulls and fires at the fire-gazing Brownie.

Attack vs. Brownie, plus Point-blank: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 = 30
Arrow and Flame damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 ⇒ 6

Dark Archive

* * ***

Koddast's arrow plunks into the Ice Brownie's spine as he walks away, killing it instantly. It has nothing useful in it's pockets, and there is still fey to kill, so you continue on.

To the Ice Maze.

gotta get map updated now.

Dark Archive

* * ***

The carnival is getting eerily quiet as the evening wears on. Bodies lie everwhere, there just arn't that many people left to scream. Now and then you hear a heavy "pluph" sound followed by high pitched ice brownie laughter as some poor sod gets thumped by some terrible fey. Koddast picks a few of these off on the path but there are just so many. You've got to get to the root of the problem: the creature Sintyra called "The Cold Rider".

You arrive at the entrance to the Ice Maze:

The few remaining Fairgoers happily trot into the ice maze, oblivious to the eerie pinkish color of the ice walls and the blurred shapes of butchered townsfolk now sealed beneath layers of ice, propped upright and facing into the maze.

A pair of star-crossed lovers pass you holding hands, laugh, and enter the maze, walking right past the blood and gore without batting an eye.

Somewhere from deep in the maze you hear the roar of some massive creature.

Last actions before the climactic Ice Maze encounters?


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"Wow, this is a really cool carnival this year. Reminds me of my time in Irisen for sure. Hmmm I wonder if these lovers have any candy for me." Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


M Laborer Elf Android Technomancer 2: Spd:30, Init:0, KAC:13, EAC:12, SP:4/14, HP:14/14, RP:3/3, Fort:4, Ref:0, Will:2, Perc:0, Lowlight

I yell at the lovers. Stay out of the maze, or I'll make something of you. intimidate: -1 + 1d20 ⇒ -1 + (10) = 9


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

Not sure if I can even ask this, as it is terrible metagaming, but would now be a good time for Koddast to cast his spells Aspect of the Falcon and Gravity Bow? They last for five minutes each. If you can't answer I get it, and I'll just have to wait until Koddast actually sees the Cold Rider. Just thought it never hurts to ask.

Dark Archive

* * ***

Na, save them. The maze has a few more surprises first. Working on updates now...

Dark Archive

* * ***

The lovers look at Aleon like he's crazy. The crazy ogre yelling crazily trying to ruin their fun. But they do not stop. They enter the maze and disappear in the icy mist that shrouds the first bend.

Opo lifts 13sp from the young man: all the money he had to woo the young peasant girl with.

You follow them into the maze. It's eerily quiet in here. You turn left, right, right and then left. Every few minuets you hear that roar of some terrible beast coming from deeper in the maze, now from your left, now from your right, as you move cautiously through this maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

There is a corner up ahead, bending to the right. From around the corner comes a "tinkling" sound, like Christmas ornaments clinking together, or champagne flutes being "cheers"-ed.

now what do you do?


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

well I don't know about the peasant girl, but he certainly wooed me! Make money money

Opo tries his best to be sneaky and follow the group. From time to time looking at Koddast's wolf and putting a finger to his lips in the universal sign for quiet. Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

Koddast stops and takes a moment to actively perceive the sounds and sights, and see if Vysla smells anything.

Koddast perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Vysla Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

"Whatever is that sound? I've not heard it's like before."


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

Tamar casts Mage Armor as he knows a battle looms in close quarters.

Dark Archive

* * ***

As Koddast and Vysala peer around the corner they see: Down the center of this wide corridor, a narrow footpath winds through a shimmering grove of perfectly sculpted ice chrysanthemums. Beyond the cooridoor the maze turns left, and its from just up there you can hear a beast bellowing.


M Laborer Elf Android Technomancer 2: Spd:30, Init:0, KAC:13, EAC:12, SP:4/14, HP:14/14, RP:3/3, Fort:4, Ref:0, Will:2, Perc:0, Lowlight

Aleon will move up and peer his head around the left stealth: 4 + 1d20 ⇒ 4 + (18) = 22
and see what is there
perc: 8 + 1d20 ⇒ 8 + (17) = 25

401 to 450 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Halloween Holly's Carnival of Tears All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.