Halloween Holly's Carnival of Tears (Inactive)

Game Master MayDay

ENCOUNTER MAP


251 to 300 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

"Can you stop beating around the bush and answer Tamar's question." Jan rustles her branches, exasperated. "What is this terror you're going on about?"


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

Opo, oblivious to the actual severity of what is being discussed, bursts out laughing when Jan says "Beating around the bush!""Haaaaaha ha! Come on Jan you should LEAF her alone!" He remarks as he rolls on the ground laughing holding his belly.

Dark Archive

* * ***

bwahaha, i didn't catch that at first but it is super funny!

Silver Crusade

I understand your impatience, Great Tree. Allow me to explain. I hope after hearing what i have to say, you will agree to help us.

Her voice chimes with the crystal beauty of a mountain spring on a summer afternoon...

Silver Crusade

Syntira's true story! Finally!!:

__________________________________________________________
My court of fey lived in these dark woods before the first of your kind set foot upon its verdant green. For an age or more we have watched you from tree and shadow, through spider’s eyes, underneath the wings of sparrows, and behind the grub worm and acorn. Long have we watched as your people bled the land with axe and flame. For a spell my anger grew such that I would see you all pay for this scourging of the forest.

When I wallowed in the deepest pit of hate is when a cold wind blew down on my grove. A rider came with the wind; atop a dead stag and sheathed in frozen blades he came, and with a voice like steel on ice he promised me revenge. I agreed then, but now I know this course is ill. I only hope I have not awakened to the truth of this evil too late.

When the rider came, my people changed. The cold froze their flesh; their hearts turned to ice. They forgot the green, forgot the woods. They forgot everything but hate. Now they come with the wind, led by their cold rider. They come to the carnival to butcher you and the rest of the mortals.

You must act quickly. My kin already begin their slaughter. Your people bleed—I feel their pain as I once did the torment of the trees. Pain is evil. Tree, beast, or man, it makes no matter, and no measure of cruelty can repair what has come before. Your kin suffer for nothing but spite. Save them, and save yourselves. But take this with you, lest you offer yourselves to the frozen fey as lambs to a butcher.”
_______________________________________________________________

After saying that, the intoxicating woman waves her hand across the snow patches of the forest floor, and a small collection of vials appears.

Drink this and you will not fall prey to the rider’s magic. He carries an iridescent purple flower of living ice called the Eye of Rapture, enchanted to cloak horror and agony in a guise of mirth and merriment. So long as this crystal remains unspoiled, your people will continue their revels as the fey cut them down. You must stop the slaughter. Only by frustrating the cold rider can you force him to appear so you can end your people’s suffering once and for all.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

After his fit of laughter Opo responds to Syntira's story "I believe her, I used to have a spider and it was always watching me. I knew he was spying on me!"

When the vials appear Opo gets very excited "Potions! I like potions almost as much as bombs. Let me look at it" Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

Koddast begins to regain his composure as he listens to Syntira's story. He knows all too well the pit of her hate, and the depth of her anger at those that "bled the land with axe and flame." Part of him wants nothing more than to draw bow, and take her life, but another part, a human part, knows that there are those that need saving now, saving from a cold lonely death. His thoughts and heart turn to his mother dying, cold, alone, babe in arms. And so his heart begins to burn with that old fire, but towards a new enemy. For good or ill he does not hesitate, but takes up one of the potions she's conjured, and quaffs the vial in one sip, offering another to Vysla to save her from the magic of the Eye of Rapture.
If your subjects help this cold rider, I cannot promise their salvation, I can only promise their death or surrender. He says with growling breath. Then, come friends, drink to life, and let us travel into the fray with death. Cold riders and cold ice will meet the heat of our hearts, and the fire of our weapons!


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

Tamar lowers to the ground and inspects the vial to ensure it is not poison.

"You ask us to aid these people? We can merely walk away now that we are aware of the dangers we face here..."


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

Jan tut-tuts at Tamar. "Even if they aren't "your people", you can't just ignore this. If you let a fire rage in the forest, even if it doesn't scorch your grove immediately its likely as not to burn it down eventually"


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"Jan is right, when I was learning to play with fire as a professional I made lots of mistakes, I once burned down a village and the humans were sooooo mad at me. That's why I work at the carnival now." Opo offers his odd and inappropriate insight per usual.

Liberty's Edge

CN Tiny Fey; Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantment

Azalea gives Opo a fairy hug. Awe, poor Opo. Humans always overreact to their villages burning...it's not fair!


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

Tamar shrugs at Jan, "I did not say I would not help, I am just offering alternatives to helping. After all, what have humans done for any of us?"

Dark Archive

* * ***

Opo determines that the potions are some kind of dispel magic concoction - though far more powerful than he's ever heard of any alchemist acheiving.

brave ones who drink the brew:

Koddast and Vysala (and anyone else) are surprised to find the potion tastes like water. But a few moments after drinking it you find the hairs on your head are waving like seaweed underwater. And your mind grows clear. Very clear. You doubt very much any illusion magic could affect you for however long this potion will last!

Hehe, I was worried about how to motivate a LE character to go back to the carnival! But Jan saves the day with a decent point!


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"This is a Dispel Magic of some sort! Why would I drink that?"


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

For one very important reason Opo. If the illusion of the Eye of Rapture captures your senses, and you start throwing bombs at allies, I won't hesitate to have Vysla eat your throat, whilst I skewer you with fiery arrows. The potion is for our protection, to keep our minds from being clouded by the malice of the crystal flower in the hands of the cold rider. He steps closer to Opo, and kneels down so their eyes meet at the same level, and whispers. Have no fear my little friend, your fireworks won't be affected, they aren't magical after all, but chemical.


Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

Jan drinks the potions, and begins hiccuping. Repeatedly.

"Huh I don't think it was..."hic"...made for..."hic"...ghorans. It tastes good though."


Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

As the others drink the potion so too does Tamar, "Very well then, if we are to continue on with this reckless quest let's get on with it".


M Laborer Elf Android Technomancer 2: Spd:30, Init:0, KAC:13, EAC:12, SP:4/14, HP:14/14, RP:3/3, Fort:4, Ref:0, Will:2, Perc:0, Lowlight

Dispel magic potion. You mean, I can't be controlled by evil magic? Sounds beneficial And Aleon drinks the potion too.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

" Wolves don't eat goblins, your human is silly nice wolf. I will drink it I guess" Opo imbibes the vial.

Silver Crusade

One more thing! says Syinta. Then, slowly, if you allow her, she gives each of you a kiss...

once you regain your senses from such a yummy surprise!:

You find that her kiss causes you to regained all your strength! Full HP and spells. Ready to kill some evil fey!

Liberty's Edge

CN Tiny Fey; Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantment

With your permission, mistress, I would stay with these heros. Perhaps e they could use my healing help!

Silver Crusade

Of course, little one. Help in whatever way you can!
Now, good luck to all of you she says!

After any parting words or questions, Syntira will teleport you back to the carnival. Where the bloody horror begins tomorrow!


Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

Koddast wipes the kiss from his cheek, but blushes all the same, and grumbles some unintelligible words. After a moment he again regains his composure. When this is all over, Syntira, if we are indeed victorious, I would like the permission of an audience with your grace, to discuss the future of the Darkmoon Wood. He says matter-of-factly, and then grabs his bow and stands ready for action.


Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

"That potion tasted weird, but I guess I feel ok. Actually, I feel pretty good. Let's go save the people. I always find stuff when I save people." Opo pats the wolf on its head and gives a good stretch as if just waking up from a refreshing nap.

Dark Archive

* * ***

With a wave of her hand Syntira cast a powerful spell. The world goes blue and when your vision clears you are standing on a hill at the edge of the woods. Looking down from here you can see the whole carnival, ice maze, pond, and all. And having imbibed Syntira's potion you see the horror...

Yellow globes of light float and twirl through the air above the carnival now, brilliantly lighting the paths and tents of the show. Every so often, a new yellow globe rises from one of the tents and joins the growing multitude. Most of the carnies are lie dead in pools of blood, their souls bound by the timeless magic of the fey and hovering over the carnival as those brilliant yellow orbs.

Liberty's Edge

CN Tiny Fey; Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantment

Azalia gasps. Unless can stop this slaughter, most of the population of Falcon’s Hollow are likely to join them within the next couple of hours.

Dark Archive

* * ***

All around the show, the fey have transformed the fun carnival events into death traps, while the hapless townsfolk wander around with smiles on their faces, only realizing the true situation after it is too late.

What we are suppose to do:
I think it's fair if I just explain this in ooc. Basically there are 5 twisted carnival attractions where fey are killing everyone. Your story goal is to disrupt the slaughter enough that the Cold Rider will take notice and appear for a final show down! If you fail, all the people of the poor town die. Not that Tamar would care, haha!

  • Mr. Sathelbry’s Wild Sleigh Rides
  • titans wheel (sickening)
  • blind peep show
  • Gruesomeness at the pie eating contest (this is a good one!)
  • Howl of the Ice Maze (good battles and horrific traps!)

  • Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

    "We must hurry! Those poor, poor people... look at those ones eating their companions!" Jan gestures at the pie eating contest, the leaves quivering on her branches."Let us save those folk first!"


    Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

    "How dare they corrupt my fireworks! I have only ever killed people with my fireworks unintentionally...well except that one time, but they deserved it! Let's go!" Opo follows Jan Newleaf.


    Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

    Lead on Jan. To arms comrades! Or to spells in your case Tamar. Koddast winks at his drow companion. Come Vysla, there's butcher's work to do.


    M Laborer Elf Android Technomancer 2: Spd:30, Init:0, KAC:13, EAC:12, SP:4/14, HP:14/14, RP:3/3, Fort:4, Ref:0, Will:2, Perc:0, Lowlight

    I get as close as I can to the pie eating contest while trying to be unnoticed. stealth: 4 + 1d20 ⇒ 4 + (6) = 10


    Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

    Tamar Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

    "Yes, these foul fey will feel the sting of our spells and steel. This may be the most enjoyable thing the carnival had to offer me..."

    Dark Archive

    * * ***

    OOooo, this is gonna be a good one.

    You sneak through the carnival as best you can.

    Last time you walked by here the delicious scents of sugary berries and fresh-baked pastry wafted by as laughing contestants buried there faces in sweet smelling pies.

    Now a new banner hangs over the event: “Biggy-Piggy Pie-Eating Contest!”. Written in blood. Beneath the banner sits a twentyfoot-long table covered with a red-checkered tablecloth. Seated at the table, twelve local contestants. With napkins tucked into their shirts and their hands tied behind their backs, their faces greedily plunge into the fresh-baked "pies". As they slobber and gnash their way to victory they laugh and kid eachother, for the Eye of Rapture has cast it's evil spell upon them and they think they are eating pie. Only it's not pie. It's stinking entrails, gall bladdars, and body fat of God-knows-what!

    Map updated:) You cannot see what is beyond the wagon from where you stand.


    Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

    " Wow, they are really hungry. A little bit of entrail goes a long way with me, its too rich and causes gas."Opo whispers to his friends.


    Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

    Of all the disgusting tortures! There's no way we'll convince those poor people they're eating anything but pie! And... honestly, I've eaten worse in a pinch. Perhaps there's no reason to disturb their enjoyment with the truth. A little entrails never hurt anybody in the long run. If they get sick there's a good cleric in town that can cure disease. Koddast moves slowly, bow drawn to the north west in an effort to see what might be hiding behind the wagon. Come Vysla. He calls, and the wolf strides quickly to his side sniffing the air for danger as she moves.

    I'd like to ready an action to fire at any fey that hide behind the wagon and move in a diagonal direction NW until Koddast has line of sight back there.


    Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

    Jan frowns in concentration as the others approach the grisly scene.

    "Oh my, oh my. Now don't go rushing in, Aleon! Be careful! Your too soft right now to be hurt!"

    It pats him on the back before it can get too far away; where its hand touches, thick bark grows and covers the skin, until it covers the ogre with barkskin.

    Barkskin, 50 min, +2 enhancement bonus to natural armor

    Upon hearing Koddast's lament, Jan says "We might not be able to convince them, but I am determined to try!" Jan shouts to the crowd. "Excuse me, we hate to interrupt your canni... uh, canny attempts at winning the eating competition, but you are eating pe.. errr, peach and cherry pies that may have been tampered with. I, however, am a healer and if you come over here right now I may be able to help you."

    diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
    bluff (general falsehood): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    On a personal note, I am deeply offended by the idea delicious pies being altered or substituted in any way shape or form.


    Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

    Do we see any of the targets, I mean fey?

    Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Well I don't...

    Dark Archive

    * * ***

    The poor townsfolk only look at Jan quizzically. As Koddast steps to the NW he gets a view behind the wagon. There are dead bodies back there, getting eaten by pigs! That's when you see him:

    He's a giant, 600 lb humanoid pig headed monstrosity. He wears a chefs hat and a sick fey smile. He hums a tune as he comes around the wagon, pushing a cart upon which a bubbling machine churns intestinal pie-filling. Seeing you and assuming you are under the flower's spell he greats you warmly: Ho hum, diddle-dee dum...Oh, hello there! Welcome to the pie eating contest!

    Then through a hose attacked to the gut-pie machine, he sprays new gut juices and organs onto the table for the contestants!

    It's time to fight the Swineomancer!!

    Initiative
    Tamar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Jan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Amazing Opo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
    Koddast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
    aleon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    monsters: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

    Dark Archive

    * * ***

    Round 1
    Koddast
    Tamar
    Swineomancer!!!
    Opo
    Aleon
    Jan

    Liberty's Edge

    CN Tiny Fey; Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantment

    Oh my gosh no! It's the Swineomancer! How did he get loose? map updated


    Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

    "Time for bacon!" Opo exclaims as he throws a fire bomb at the big pigFire Bomb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage: 3d6 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) + 3 + (4) = 16 DC 15

    Dark Archive

    * * ***

    reflex! for half: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 The terrible pig creature is remarkably nimble!
    Oh crap, I sorta feel bad about that Opo!


    Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

    "He's quicker than a greased hog! Get him Wolf!" Opo exclaims cheering on his wolf.


    Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

    Vysla come. Koddast calls pulling his she-wolf out of the range of Opo's fire bomb splash damage. Then he draws arrow, taking careful aim, and letting fly. Back to the hells with you foul beast!

    To Hit a Pig Faced Fey: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 4 + 4 = 22

    Just wanted to parse out all the pluses there: +10 is BAB and dex mod, +1 Precise Shot, +4 Bull's Eye, +4 Favored Enemy Fey.

    Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 4 + (5) = 17

    Dark Archive

    * * ***

    Oh! I see you want some PIE! shrieks the foul fat pig and with that, steps on the foot petal of his machine sending a puttering stream of filthy pie filling in an arc toward you from it's hose...

    He's able to target everyone with this arc. You get a Reflex DC13 or take 1d2 fire damage from the hot gut-pie-filling. If you get hit, make a DC11 Fort save.

    Round 1
    Koddast
    Tamar
    Swineomancer!!!
    Opo
    Aleon
    Jan

    Liberty's Edge

    CN Tiny Fey; Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantment

    Look out! Don't let that nasty pie filling touch you or you'll catch filth fever! If you fail that fort save of course.


    Male Goblin Alchemist(Fire Bomber) 5

    "Fire against me? Silly pig." Opo says tauntingly as he is relatively fire resistant. Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Opo has resist fire 2 and DR 1 vs flame


    Male Drow Sorcerer (Fire) 5 | HP:32| Init +6 | Perc +2 | AC:17 Mage Armor (Duration 5 hours from Battle with Thugs) 13 Tch:13 FF:11 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6 | CMD:14

    Round 1

    Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    Fortitude 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    As Tamar is burned by the spray he grits his teeth and releases a fire of his own.

    Ranged Touch - Scorching Ray 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

    Damage 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 2) = 18


    Ghoran Oracle 5 | HP: 12/41 | AC: 19 T: 10 FF: 149| Init: +2, Perc: -1 Fort +3 Ref +1, Will +3

    The ghoran is mildly scorched by the hot pie. Rustling its leaves in consternation, it begins skirting the pig man to get in a better position.
    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
    1d2 ⇒ 1
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


    Male CG Half-orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 5 |HP: 34/34| AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) |CMB: +6, CMD 21| F: +4, R: +9, W: +3 |Init: +4| Perc: +10 |Speed 30 Ft.| Adaptability: Resist Cold 5; 50 mins/day |Spells: 1st 2/2|

    Koddast Reflex Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

    Vysla Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

    Both Koddast and Vysla are too agile for his disgusting pie contraption to hit them. Your guts will be the last of those spilled on this ground today, hog!

    251 to 300 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Halloween Holly's Carnival of Tears All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.