Granta's Evergreen Arc #3 (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

maps


151 to 176 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

Crowe crosses the bridge, taking his time went slow as if it were rough terrain, and moves up to Janira's side, raging and readying an action to attack the minotaur if it comes to him.

readied action:

readied action: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
dmg if hits: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14

Dark Archive

Gnome Wizard 1
Stats:
HP 9/9 | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15), CMD 9 | F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +0, SM +0, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray (4/7)

"Well, it slowed him down a little..." the gnome says, as the minotaur figures out the illusion. "Now, what else have I got?"

He thinks for a second, pulls a scroll out of his backpack, and casts it. A small dart of magic comes out of his finger and hits the minotaur.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Satisfied that his magic should scare the creature off, Salagadoola gives a triumphant nod, and steps forward 5 feet. Rosey doesn't share his confidence, and readies a stink attack again.

Sovereign Court

Female LN Nagaji Battle Oracle 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +2 (+4 vs. charms and compulsions, +2 vs. mind-affecting and poisons, -4 vs. cold) | Init: +2 (Roll twice and choose) | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Nodachi +4 (1d10+4); Naginata +4 (1d8+4) | Spells: 1st 3/5 | Active conditions: Shield of Faith.

Suna makes it as far as the base of the bridge.

"Move on out of there, ma'am! We'll cover your retreat!"

Is it okay to assume that I still have my bardiche out? If not, then I will back up one move action and draw my weapon.

Grand Lodge

N Human Ninja 1 - HP: 7/9 - AC: 17, FF: 13: T: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +1/+6/+0 (+2 Will vs charm and compulsion effects) - CMD: 14 - Perception: +5 - Initiative: +4

Kyun leaps across the stream and joins Crowe's defensive line.

"I hope you know what you're doing, ættkvísl kappi

Rolls:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Readied attack, IC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
Damage, IC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 5 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +15 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 15/20 | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st 5/6 | Active conditions: Lucky number 7

Seeing Suna move toward the log rather than wait for him to create a bridge, Daffy continues his inspiring song as he moves toward the battle.

Spoiler:
Free action: maintain Inspire Courage
Move action & standard action: advance as shown (I have a swim speed of 30ft for the water portion)

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

+1 to hit and damage on Crowe's readied attack... so 18 to hit, 15 dmg

Sovereign Court

@Daffy: The Swim DC is high enough that you still need to roll, it's not an auto success.

@Suna: You've been attacked twice recently, so I pretty much assume weapons are in hand at all times now. The bridge requires an Acrobatics roll AND half speed, plus a Reflex save just in case you slip.

@Crowe: The bridge still requires an Acrobatics roll (and possibly Reflex too), even at half speed. And it looks like you moved more than 30 ft. as well.

GM Rolls:
Javelin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Maps

Round 3-4
Effects inspire courage +1

  • Minotaur - 4 damage
  • Janira - 8 damage, 1 nonlethal, disarmed
  • Kyun - ready, 2 Con Damage
  • Daffy -
  • Salagadoola -
  • Crowe - 10 damage
  • -----Round 4-----
  • Suna -

Kyun easily leaps the stream, then waits for the minotaur to charge, while Daffy wades right into the water. Salagadoola uses a scroll to draw first blood, then Crowe and Suna head for the fallen log.

The minotaur launches a javelin at Crowe, burying the haft several inches in the human's abdomen, and then he steps forward and raises his large axe to cut down anyone brave enough to come closer.

Everybody is up.

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

[ooc]only meant to move 30', if it was more, it was merely sloppy counting on my part, feel free to move me back[/dice]

acro, hoping it's only a 10 or less when moving half speed, taking 10 because I have no bonus: 10 = 10

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 5 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +15 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 15/20 | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st 5/6 | Active conditions: Lucky number 7

Take 10 on the swim check for 18.

Daffy continues performing as, seeing the Minotaur raise his axe, he casts a spell to attempt to disarm the creature. Noticing Crowe's wounds, he then draws a wand.

Actions:
Free action: maintain performance
Standard action: cast Grease on the minotaur's axe (DC 14 Reflex save avoids)
Move action: draw the wand of Cure Light Wounds we got from Janira earlier

Grand Lodge

N Human Ninja 1 - HP: 7/9 - AC: 17, FF: 13: T: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +1/+6/+0 (+2 Will vs charm and compulsion effects) - CMD: 14 - Perception: +5 - Initiative: +4

Kyun ducks and weaves past the beast man and strikes at its hamstrings.

Actions & rolls:
Move, dotted line one the map denotes squares tumbled out of, then attack.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Damage, IC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sovereign Court

Female LN Nagaji Battle Oracle 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +2 (+4 vs. charms and compulsions, +2 vs. mind-affecting and poisons, -4 vs. cold) | Init: +2 (Roll twice and choose) | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Nodachi +4 (1d10+4); Naginata +4 (1d8+4) | Spells: 1st 3/5 | Active conditions: Shield of Faith.

Suna holds her bardiche horizontally, hoping for it to help her balance. All right, this was never your strong suit, but you have to get to Janira! It will look terrible if you let your leader get killed on your very first mission!

Spoiler:

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Well, that doesn't look good. I assume I fall in somewhere around there?

Dark Archive

Gnome Wizard 1
Stats:
HP 9/9 | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15), CMD 9 | F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +0, SM +0, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray (4/7)

"Suna! I know you reptiles like to keep your scales moist, but let's deal with the minotaur before going swimming!"

The gnome runs up to catch up with the rest of the party. Double move

Rosey is too busy running along side the gnome to turn around and aim his stink gland at the minotaur. Also double moved, so no readied action this turn.

Sovereign Court

@Crowe: You can't take 10 in combat without some sort of special ability. I rolled for you though, and got an 18.

GM Rolls:
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Greataxe 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9
Greataxe 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
Gore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Maps

Round 4-5
Effects inspire courage +1

  • Minotaur - 8 damage
  • Janira - 8 damage, 1 nonlethal, disarmed
  • Kyun - 9 damage, 2 Con Damage
  • Daffy -
  • Salagadoola -
  • Crowe - 10 damage
  • -----Round 5-----
  • Suna -

Kyun tumbles behind the minotaur, then slices at its legs. Daffy tries to make the beast's axe too slippery to hold onto, but the spell magic fails. Salagadoola runs as fast as his short legs will carry him, and Crowe works his way across the log. Suna tries to follow, but ends up in the water and carried away quickly.

The minotaur swings his axe and thrusts his horns at the little ninja, but the crafty Kyun dodges most of the attacks.

Everybody is up.

@Suna: DC 15 Swim check at the start of every round. If you succeed, it's a move action to pull yourself out of the water. If you fail, the river takes you 30 ft. farther away.

Sovereign Court

Female LN Nagaji Battle Oracle 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +2 (+4 vs. charms and compulsions, +2 vs. mind-affecting and poisons, -4 vs. cold) | Init: +2 (Roll twice and choose) | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Nodachi +4 (1d10+4); Naginata +4 (1d8+4) | Spells: 1st 3/5 | Active conditions: Shield of Faith.

Suna falls in the water, and struggles against the current, her strength undermined by her armor. Nalinivati, bless me!

Unfortunately, the naga goddess does not hear her pleas, and Suna is dragged further downstream.

Spoiler:

Swim: 1d20 ⇒ 3
If that didn't use my standard action, I'd like to cast guidance on myself for next round.

Grand Lodge

N Human Ninja 1 - HP: 7/9 - AC: 17, FF: 13: T: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +1/+6/+0 (+2 Will vs charm and compulsion effects) - CMD: 14 - Perception: +5 - Initiative: +4

The minotaur's axe hews Kyun, and he crumbles onto the dirt.

Rolls:
Stabilize DC 11: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 - 1 = 14

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

Crowe, raging still, steps up and attacks the minotaur.

to hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28
dmg if hits: 2d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 9 + 1 = 21

to confirm crit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
extra dmg if crits: 4d6 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 5) + 18 + 2 = 33

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 5 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +15 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 15/20 | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st 5/6 | Active conditions: Lucky number 7

Daffy continues inspiring his compatriots as he watches Kyun go down and Suna being swept away. After a brief moment of indecision, he moves forward to use the wand's healing magic on the ninja, knowing that each second passing it will be harder to catch up to the oracle being swept downstream.

Dammit, I hope you can catch yourself, Suna!

Kyun, you heal for 8 points

Actions:
Free action: maintain inspire courage
Move action: as shown
Standard action: use wand of CLW he drew last turn
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

Gnome Wizard 1
Stats:
HP 9/9 | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15), CMD 9 | F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +0, SM +0, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray (4/7)

I'm assuming Crowe's crit took down the minotaur, so we just have to stop Suna from drowning now. If not, I'll put out another offensive scroll and shoot it again instead of what's below.

Seeing Suna struggling to swim, Salagadoola's eyes go wide, and he takes off after her. Swift action to get my scroll of Expeditious Retreat out of the spring loaded wrist sheathe, standard action to cast it, then move 40 ft.

"I wish I had a scroll of Monkeyfish to cast on you, but I've got something almost as useful, if I can catch up", he tells the oracle.

Rosey runs along with him. Double move

Grand Lodge

N Human Ninja 1 - HP: 7/9 - AC: 17, FF: 13: T: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +1/+6/+0 (+2 Will vs charm and compulsion effects) - CMD: 14 - Perception: +5 - Initiative: +4

Kyun gasps awake and assesses the situation from his awkward position.

If the minotaur's still standing:
Full attack while prone:

Full attack w/ wakasashi: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Full attack w/ light mace: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


If not:
Kyun gets to his feet while groaning, then moves in the direction Suna's being swept.

Sovereign Court

@Kyun: Daffy didn't heal you until after your initiative. Your turn was to stabilize.

@Salagadoola: Your initiative is before Crowe's so you wouldn't have any idea whether he's going to hit, let alone crit the minotaur.

Status:
  • Kyun - 1 damage, 2 Con Damage
  • Crowe - 10 damage

Daffy steps into the minotaur's reach, risking his own life to save Kyun's. Thankfully, Crowe splits the minotaur's torso in half a second later, like lightning hitting a century old tree.

Heal up and talk to Janira if you want. Suna isn't in any danger, and Daffy will be able to catch her without any difficulty.

Grand Lodge

N Human Ninja 1 - HP: 7/9 - AC: 17, FF: 13: T: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +1/+6/+0 (+2 Will vs charm and compulsion effects) - CMD: 14 - Perception: +5 - Initiative: +4

Kyun gets to his his feet and staggers over to Janira with a smirk on his face.

"So this is the life of a Pathfinder, eh? And to think, I meant to leave the 'excitement' of Kalsgaard behind."

OOC and VERY meta-gamy:
If I'm not mistaken, we can call it a day now and receive full prestige and gold. We'd of course forfeit the dead dhampir's gear, but that's not a great loss IMO.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, GM Granta.

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

Crowe comes out of bloodrage as the minotaur collapses to the ground most likely smashed and broken, but not in half, as the earthbreaker is a blunt weapon, but that's nit-picking.

He stands there breathing heavily and recovering from the fatigue of raging... He sets the head of his earthbreaker on the ground and leans on the haft. He looks to Janira and nods to her with a little half smile, but says nothing.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 5 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +15 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 15/20 | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st 5/6 | Active conditions: Lucky number 7

After running to help Suna escape the river, Daffy taps Crowe three times and Kyun once with Janira's wand before handing it back to her (may as well be fully healed).

Crowe healing:
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Kyun healing:
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Well, that was fun. Shall we go explore the rest of the cave?"

Sovereign Court

Female LN Nagaji Battle Oracle 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +2 (+4 vs. charms and compulsions, +2 vs. mind-affecting and poisons, -4 vs. cold) | Init: +2 (Roll twice and choose) | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Nodachi +4 (1d10+4); Naginata +4 (1d8+4) | Spells: 1st 3/5 | Active conditions: Shield of Faith.

Suna stands soaking wet and ashamed. "I am so sorry that I let you all down. I have not represented Nagajor well at all. Well done all on taking down the beast. Daffy, thank you for retrieving me. Janira, are you all right?"

Sovereign Court

@Crowe: Sorry, my bad! I normally try to pay attention to stuff like that :-(

Janira smiles at Suna, albeit with slumped shoulders and heavy breath, "I'm fine, don't worry about me! But tell me, what did you find in the caves? Did you meet any gillmen?" Then she turns to Daffy, "Wait, there's still more to explore? How fun for you! I wish I could join you, but I could use some rest. And this is your confirmation after all, not mine!"

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

"You hurt, little one? Daffy fix you before we go back?"

151 to 176 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Granta's Evergreen Arc #3 - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.