Giantslayer: With GM Placeholder of Doom

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Combat Map
Trunau

Clues
NPC Images
Loot Sheet
Old Loot Sheet


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,311 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Songhealer(5)

Amira gets out from under the beast and stands up. "Thank you."

Then she uses the magic stick on herself, to close the remaining wounds.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Anyone else in need of healing?"


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis moves over to the double doors that he thinks the manticores came from, saying, "Someone closed these! Ready?"

When everyone is ready, Bupkis will open the door.


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 53/59; 12 NL | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

”I could use some healing.”

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Should be close to full.


Female Halfling Songhealer(5)

The first two of those are +5 if you let Amira do the healing with the stick.


Kitsune Game Master

A huge iron cage fills most of this circular chamber, with several crates, chests, statues, paintings, and other art objects crammed between the cage and the walls of the room. Inside the cage, a large piece of furniture sits under a cloth drapery of some sort. A thick chain attached to a pulley near the doors holds the cage in the air.

A wedding dress, a giant-sized, gem-encrusted silk gown, is draped like a tablecloth over a large oaken desk inside the cage. Scattered among the chests, crates, and loose piles of coins outside the cage are a book of love poems written in Giant, a marble bust of a stone giant, a woven 25-foot-square carpet depicting two giants making love, a polished, giant-sized drinking horn made from a mammoth’s tusk, a macabre necklace made from petrified human and elf ears; a series of 12 framed drawings or proportion studies of different giants (cave giant, ogre, hill giant, marsh giant, stone giant, ettin, frost giant, tomb giant, fire giant, ash giant, cloud giant, and storm giant); A gem-encrusted scabbard for a Huge falcata, a bronze statue of a fierce storm giant riding a dragon s well as 5 pp, 147 gp, 103 sp, and 976 cp. If you care to count.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis moves stealthily around the outside of the cage area, worried about whoever had closed the door. He looks around before starting to examine the various objects.

Stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Kitsune Game Master

At the back of the round room is another large double door. The ogrekin who let the manticores out is nowhere seen in the room.

Bupkis:
Under the wedding dress are lying some papers. A crumbled ball of paper lies on the ground.

Several papers of the stack under the dress seem to be drafts of a formal letter, in scrawly handwriting.

To the Great Storm Tyrant Volstus,
You call all giants to bring ruin to the small folk. I, Grenseldek, answer your call, but I am not your soldier. I offer something better. I pledge my hand in marriage to you. I bring a dowry and a tribe of giants, ogres, and orcs, and I will serve at your side as queen. Take me and you will not regret it.

Your future bride,
Grenseldek, Glorious Chieftain of the Twisted Hearts

The ball of paper - once strightened out - reads:

Grenseldek,
I have no interest in your proposed union. Even now, hundreds of giants flock to my banner within Minderhal's Valley. You may bring your trinkets and your tribe and offer them as tribute, and I will consider not killing you outright for your audacity. I give you this one admonition - do not approach me again with such a proposal. You are far below my station, and the very prospect is absurd. If I ever hear such nonsense again, know that I shall take much more than just your “hand.” I am the Storm Tyrant - my word thunders with the might of the sky and my justice strikes swift as lightning. You have been warned.

Volstus


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis feels sorry for the would-be queen, but then he thinks about Alicia and her family. He returns to the party and shows them the letter, and Volstus' reply.

"Bupkis feels bad for Grenseldek. But she agree to bring ruin to small folk; Bupkis not let that happen!"


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Daseem frowns as the note, "W-who is this Volstus?" He called himself Storm Tyrant, Daseem liked the idea of that it sounded important. Surely Gorum would approve if he chopped this Volstus up into itty bitty pieces... Daseem could just about hear the celestial choir that would sing an accompaniment for this most glorious of battles: One man against the Storm Tyrant. Daseem gave his companions a sidelong glance, when the time came he would have to give them the slip...

As if Daseem is going to live that long. Also I very much doubt he'll be able to kill the tyrant on his own.


Female Halfling Songhealer(5)

"Where do you want to go next?" Amira asks.

"We don't want to wait for the rest of the fort to come for us, do we?"


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis moves around the edge of the cage area, and opens the doors at the other side of the room; "Must have gone this way!", he declares.

After looking through the doors, and presumably seeing stairs, he will return to the room, and gather up the coins. The other items are too big for him to carry.


Kitsune Game Master

Behind the door is a stair leading up to another door.

Perception DC15:
You hear a deep voice sobbing from behind the door
Perception above and understanding giant:
The voice is lamenting in Giant about unrequited love.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Bupkis returns to the others and tells them, "Stairs up to a door; behind it, Bupkis hears someone with a deep voice crying. Can't understand language, could be giant."

He looks at the giant dress and says, "Would having wedding dress be advantage when meet Grenseldek? Bupkis not sure."


Female Halfling Songhealer(5)

"With those letters, the wedding is called off. Better not remind her." Amira tells her opinion.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Daseem wasn't sure what to do here but there was one possibility that his lord world approve of. "We b-bring her war?" he asked hopefully.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis wonders if enemies might be converging on the sounds of the previous battle. He asks his companions, "We want to retreat to not be surrounded? Or press forward?"

With Self-Telekinesis, Bupkis has options to get away. But others face more risk.


Female Halfling Songhealer(5)

"Retreats seldom make good heroic stories." Amira ponders the suggested options.


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 53/59; 12 NL | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Menrozzar considered. If the wedding dress and letters to Grenseldek were here, and someone was crying upstairs at being rejected...Grenseldek had to be up there.

”That is likely Grenseldek. If we take out the leader of the Twisted Hearts tribe, they may begin fighting amongst themselves, which will make this easier. We should take her out.”


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis moves back to the door with the sobbing sound, motioning his comrades to follow. When everyone is in position, he opens the door, and looks to see who is making that sound.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Kitsune Game Master

This large chamber appears to have recently undergone a renovation. A broken wall partially blocks a dark alcove to the northwest, surrounded by broken bricks and scattered debris. A circular niche on the opposite side of the room to the southeast holds a raised table. In the center of the room, three beds have been crammed together beneath a single huge bearskin bedspread. South of the beds, a massive floor-to-ceiling mirror stands against the wall, and a large dust-covered armoire hunkers between two sets of doors along the northeast wall.

In front of the beds stand two 8 foot tall orcs, in armor and with a great axe. They look lost at first, but as the door opens determination comes back to them. Two oversized wolves lying besides the beds, raise their heads. On the bed is a sobbing giant. But she also stops, as the heroes enter. She stares daggers at the smallfolk and reaches for her handaxes.

Init:
Init Ivan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Init Menrozzar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Init Daseem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Init Bupkis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Init Amira: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grenseldek: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Guard: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Guard: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Wolf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Wolf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Amira, Ivan <--
Guard
Daseem
Wolf
Menrozzar, Bupkis
Wof, Guard


Female Halfling Songhealer(5)

Amira starts chanting an encouraging song.


Kitsune Game Master

Ivan readies his hammer to beat up whatever dares to come in his direction.
Hammer: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 192d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 + 1 = 17

One of the guards approaches first, takes the blow and retaliates with the axe. But she is denied that by thick layers of steel.
Axe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 113d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 6, 1) + 7 = 15

Amira, Ivan
Guard(17)
Daseem <--
Wolf
Menrozzar, Bupkis <--
Wof, Guard


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Daseem grins like a lunatic when he spots the enemies before him, just as it should be. Knowing this might be a hard fight he growls, "For GORUM and for GLORY!"

Using Fervor 4/5 to cast Weapon of Awe as a swift action.
He then steps into the room and whispers the word that activates his armour and suddenly he's twice as tall and raring for the fight!
Standard action: use Uskroth's armour.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis steps inside the door and shoots at the wolf to his right, which looks like it wants to eat him!

Telekinetic Blast, Inspire Courage, PBS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 18
Bludgeoning Damage, Inspire Courage,PBS: 3d6 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 4) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 26


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 53/59; 12 NL | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Menrozzar chooses to take caution before he rushes in, the way to cast a defensive spell coming incident to his mind. Casting it, a floating shield of force appears before him. He then moved into the room.

Casting shield, AC is now 24. Move action to in front of the wolf on the left.


Kitsune Game Master

the wolf is hit by Bupkis and charges into the goblin.
Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The other guard finds no spot to reach the intruders. The other wolf bites at Daseem, who gets also attacked by the guard for his reckless moving in.

Axe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 293d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 8 = 17
Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Ivan keeps hammering the giant orc guard in front of him. It's hard to tell if there would be anything he'd hate more than a green giant.
Hammer: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 182d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6) + 13 + 1 = 22

Seeing that his axe doesn't do nothing, because of the heavy armor, the guard starts attacking the armor.
Sunder: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 293d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) + 8 = 21
You get an AoO

Amira, Ivan
Guard(39)
Daseem <--
Wolf(26)
Menrozzar, Bupkis <--
Wolf, Guard


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

The stench of the beast's breath is terrible. Bupkis winds up (with accompanying sound effects) and tries to punch it in the nose!

Move Action: Gather Power, Standard Action: Empowered Kinetic Blade (cestus)

Empowered Kinetic Blade, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21
For damage calculation: empowered variable damage: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + 3 = 12 variable x 1.5 = 18
Bludgeoning Damage (variable x 1.5 +4 con), Inspire Courage: 18 + 4 + 1 = 23
Burn (kinetic blade, empowered, infusion specialization 1, gather power): 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 0

Infusion Specialization counters the Kinetic Blade burn cost, while Gather Power counters the empowered cost.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Earlier:
Been super busy last few weeks and I forgot to roll for healing after the last combat. Hopefully nobody minds if I do this now!

CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14 Down to one charge now!

Daseem grits his teeth at the powerful blow, it hurt like fire despite the protection of his armour. He swung a wild blow in retaliation but it was badly aimed and hit naught but air.
Enlarged Greatsword, Power attack, Vital Strike, Righteous Might, Weapon of Awe, Orphaned by Giants: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 10
Reroll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 4d8 + 6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1, 7, 2) + 6 + 6 + 2 = 29


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 53/59; 12 NL | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Shielded and in combat, Menrozzar roars as his hands twist into claws and his eyes turn gold with reptilian slits for pupils. Faint reddish scales begin to appear on his skin, and he strikes at the wolf before him with his claws.

Claw 1, Bloodrage, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 22
Damage, bloodrage, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 11
Claw 2, bloodrage PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 27
Damage, bloodrage, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 16

AC is 22.


Kitsune Game Master

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
The wolf bites into bupkis, but Bupkis turns the wolf into a rug in return. Daseem disappoints Gorum, with a failed attack. But Menrozzar digs into the oversized orc in front of him ripping out pieces of flesh.

With the wolf gone, Bupkis faces the wrath of the orc.
Hack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 243d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4, 1) + 8 = 18
Hack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 213d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1, 5) + 8 = 19

Ivan finds himself between all kinds of large creatures that attack him.
Sunder: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 173d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) + 8 = 18

The ugly hill giant hacks away at the dwarf with two handaxes.
Axe: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 251d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Axe: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 191d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Axe: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

But as almost always, they only manage to bang around on his steel armor. In the long run this might impede his hearing.

Loving his armor very much Ivan takes on the orc that tries to destroy his beloved metal suit. A furious hammering later, the orc i sa bloody pulp.
Hammer AoO: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 242d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 7 + 1 = 11
Hammer AoO: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 192d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5) + 7 + 1 = 16
Hammer AoO: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 222d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 + 1 = 14

Ivan
Amira, Daseem, Menrozzar, Bupkis <--
Wolf, Guard, Grenseldek


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

"Aagh!", Bupkis yelps, and steps through the doorway to heal himself.

Kinetic Healer (Bupkis): 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) + 11 = 20

Restoring 6 HP to his Force Ward. Up to 5 burn now (30 non-lethal damage).


Female Halfling Songhealer(5)

Amira creeps near Bupkis to touch him with a healing spell, while keeping up the encouragement. "You can do it! They are two down already!"
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

GM is the map up to date? Both orcs are still there when I looked just now.


Kitsune Game Master

Now it's gone.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Annoyed that his previous strike missed, Daseem took a breath to center himself before attempting to strike past the giantesses' guard. The enchantment of his armour gave him the extra reach to do so without closing in. The moment she attacked Ivan, Daseem saw his chance and he lunged!

Enlarged Greatsword, Vital Strike, Righteous Might, Weapon of Awe, Orphaned by Giants: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 14
Reroll: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 22
Damage: 4d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 7) + 6 + 2 = 25


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 53/59; 12 NL | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Menrozzar continued attacking the wolf, trying to keep it off the others’ flanks.

Claw 1, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 22
Damage, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 14
Claw 2, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 25
Damage, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 17


Kitsune Game Master

Menrozzar finishes the Wolf in front of him with more clawing with his unhuman claws. Daseem fails again to do anything worth praising. The giantess' armor is too good for Daseem's attempt.

As Bupkis doesn#t want to play with the giant any more and Ivan stands steadfast in the way, both remaining enemies start attacking his metal fortress he is hiding in.

Orc@Ivan
Sunder: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 183d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3, 4) + 8 = 20

Grenseldek@Ivan
Sunder: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 371d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Sunder: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 371d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Sunder: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 221d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

This sounds almost like in a smithy, with two people alternating with hammering on the armor.

Ivan becomes a little unrelaxed, as his armor takes damage. The giantess is better at hitting him, but the orc would do real damage if she managed to hit, so he steps up to her to shatter her kneecaps.
Hammer AoO: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 = 312d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 + 1 = 15
Hammer: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 302d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 + 1 = 16
Hammer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 242d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 + 1 = 17

Ivan badly wounds the orc but she is still standing.
Ivan
Amira, Daseem, Menrozzar, Bupkis <--
Guard(48), Grenseldek


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Using the doorway as cover against the orc, Bupkis focuses elemental power in his crossbow bolt, and launches it at the giant. "No bring ruin to small folk!", he declares defiantly.

Move Action: Gather Power, Standard Action: Empowered Telekinectic Blast

Empowered Telekinetic Blast, Inspire Courage, PBS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 16 Some subtraction for cover, perhaps?
For damage calculation: empowered variable damage: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4, 6) + 3 = 19 19 x 1.5 = 28
Piercing Damage (variable damage x 1.5) + con + elemental overflow + PBS + inspire: 28 + 4 + 4 + 1 = 37

Burn (empowered, gather power): 1 - 1 = 0


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 53/59; 12 NL | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

The wolf gone, Menrozzar pulls out his Lucerne hammer and steps up to take a swing at the giantess.

Attack, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 14

Move action to draw a weapon, 5-foot step, attack.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

After missing again, Dassem gritted his teeth in frustration. This was not how a glorious battle was supposed to go! He took another breath to center himself and waited till she attacked and only then did he strike, his blade moving too fast to be seen!

Enlarged Greatsword, Vital Strike, Righteous Might, Weapon of Awe, Orphaned by Giants: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 28
Reroll: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 30
Damage: 4d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 6) + 6 + 2 = 28

Crit? (+3 to confirm is from Orphaned by Giants) : 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 3 = 23
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 + 2 = 17


Female Halfling Songhealer(5)

Amira stays cautiously out of reach of the giant and keeps chanting of herioc battles won and heroes made.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Oh sorry I forgot inspire. That's +1 to hit and damage for Daseem.


Kitsune Game Master

Bupkis shoots the doorframe. The result matches the rest of the renovations quite well. A spray of wooden splinters flies into the room, covering everything.

Menrozzar hammers a dent into the armor of the giantess.

Daseem finally finds a good stand and position to bring the wrath of Gorum down on the enemy. His blade cuts deep into Grensldek, drawing first blood.

Grenseldek leaves Ivan alone, turns to Daseem and lets him pay blood for blood.
Axe: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 271d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Axe: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 341d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Axe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Confirm: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 162d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

The orc guard keeps hacking at Ivan's armor and threatens to deal it a heavy blow.
Sunder: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 303d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) + 8 = 17
Confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 296d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1, 5, 6) + 16 = 32

Ivan's rage knows no bounds as he brings the hammer down on the orc who dares to attack his heirloom armor. He smashes some vital part, killing the orc halfway into the attack, leaving him dead. Which saves his precious steel skin.
Hammer AoO: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 212d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 + 1 = 14

He then joins Daseem in fighting the giantess.
Hammer: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 302d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 + 1 = 13
Hammer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 262d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 7 + 1 = 18

Ivan
Amira, Daseem, Menrozzar, Bupkis <--
Guard(+), Grenseldek(78)


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 51/63 (24NL) Force Ward: 6.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis is afraid to advance back into the room with the Orc guard threatening the doorway. He again focuses his elemental power, but this time peeks around the corner and shoots a bolt at the orc.

Move Action: Gather Power, Standard Action: Empowered Telekinectic Blast

Empowered Telekinetic Blast, Inspire Courage, PBS (Orc): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 17
For damage calculation: empowered variable damage: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) + 3 = 13 13 x 1.5 = 19
Piercing Damage (variable damage x 1.5) + con + elemental overflow + PBS + inspire: 19 + 4 + 4 + 1 = 28

Sorry Menrozzar, I don't know that Bupkis can get to you to heal you, without provoking an AoO.


Image for Ivan Fighter 5/Ranger 1 HP: 65/65 | AC: 30(34 vs giant subtype) FF: 27 T:13 | CMD: 24 (29vs trip/bullrush) |Fort: +10(+4) Ref: +7(+4) Will:+4(+4)| Init: +2 Perception: +11

haha I love the small "narrative" type things for ivan. However I feel that his hearing is only a minor concern for him in regards to his fighting style haha. Also, objects (armor) are normally immune to crits (thankfully), so unless I missed a post while catching back up, Ivans armor has taken 13 additional damage this fight. Thank you for botting me/Ivan.


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 53/59; 12 NL | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

His hammer having failed him yet again, Menrozzar returns to the claws that had been so effective. He dropped his hammer, stepped up to the giantess, and lashed out with both of his claws.

5-foot step you’re diagonal, full attack.

Claw 1, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 18
Damage, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 11
Claw 2, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 28
Damage, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 15


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 34 / 51(6NL) AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Daseem grunted as Grenseldek rains axe blows down upon him. The enchantment of his armor took the edge off the damage, but it still felt like his body was criss-crossed with fire. Righteous might gives him DR5/Evil so the damage he took was 16+5+11 -15 = 17 dmg. 35 hp -17 hp = 18 hp.

Gritting his teeth against the pain he whispered, "GORRRUMM!" and pressed his hand into his wounded thigh and felt the flesh knit.
2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

He then cautiously waited for another opening before suddenly lunging!
Enlarged Greatsword, Vital Strike, Righteous Might, Weapon of Awe, Orphaned by Giants: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 20
Reroll: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage: 4d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 7, 6, 4) + 6 + 2 = 26


Kitsune Game Master

Bupkis shoots somewhing, half looking again. He easily hits the orc guard, because he is already dead and doesn't try to evade the blows any more. Menrozzar has worked his way tow to toe with the giantess and claws at the obese flesh, ripping out a piece. Daseem despairs at the resistant giant, as the blade won't find a way.

Grenseldek hacks at Menrozzar this time, trying to give his sharp claws a manicure.
Axe: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 221d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Axe: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 301d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Axe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Ivan, Amira, Daseem, Menrozzar, Bupkis <--
Guard(+), Grenseldek(93)


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 53/59; 12 NL | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Menrozzar ignores the axe blows, taking a step to flank with Ivan and continues clawing at the giant.

Claw 1, bloodrage, inspire, flank, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 27
Damage, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 12
Claw 2, bloodrage, inspire, flank, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 14
Damage, bloodrage, inspire, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 15

AC is 20, HP is 45/71.


Image for Ivan Fighter 5/Ranger 1 HP: 65/65 | AC: 30(34 vs giant subtype) FF: 27 T:13 | CMD: 24 (29vs trip/bullrush) |Fort: +10(+4) Ref: +7(+4) Will:+4(+4)| Init: +2 Perception: +11

Ivan pounds into the giantess, avenging the grudge of daring to strike his armor. The tin can hammers into the giants knee with one mighty blow, but fails to land a hit on the backswing.

hammtertime,PA,inspire,FE,Gianthunter: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 32
damage: 2d6 + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5) + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21

hammtertime,PA,inspire,FE,Gianthunter: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 11

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,311 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Giantslayer: GM Placeholder of Doom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.