Giantslayer by DM DoctorEvil

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Book 1: The Battle of Bloodmarch Hill

Inner Quarter Chaos

Giantslayer Loot Tracker


601 to 650 of 1,641 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

Nakoma hisses in pain as the spider bites her.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Yeah, definitely poisoned...

---

Nakoma struggles against the webs, trying to escape the sticky strands.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21 Includes the penalties for being entangled, doesn't include any possible penalties from the poison.

What action is it to try to escape the webs?


HP: -10/20, AC: 19, FF: 17, Touch: 12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5, CMD: 17, Initiative +2, Perception +6 (+1 Vs Traps)

Zan moves forward quickly to strike the spider... and draw its attention away from Nakoma.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Ruined Hall - Round 1

20 Giant Spider
17 Zan
9 Nakoma (4hp dmg, entangled, poisoned)
6 Zirelle
2 Baldek

Zan moves quickly to step up and attack the giant spider, trying hard to draw its attention away from the bound and bitten Nakoma. His scimitar slashes through the air, but cannot connect with the large arachnid.

Struggling to free herself from the sticky bands of webbing, Nakoma is able to get loose but can feel the venom from the painful spider bite already sapping her strength.

The Escape Arist check is a Standard Action, so Nakoma has a Move Action left, if she wants it. She takes 1 STR dmg from poison, and needs another Fort save in Round 2 to avoid more. Since Nakoma is free of the webs, I will allow Zirelle another action. She and Baldek are up to end Round 1.

GM Screen:

poison STR dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 1


Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

"Ah!" Nakoma exclaims, as she feels herself weakening. "Beware its bite!"

Despite the pain, Nakoma holds her ground, grip tight on her star knife.

Got it. She's done for round 1.


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Zirelle still grabs the dagger, hoping it is the evidence they were looking for. She then spits to the side of Nakoma's sticky form at the spider:

Elemental Spit Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 (Ranged Touch)
Elemental Spit Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (acid)

Elemental Spit down to 2/6 times a day


Ruined Hall - Round 1 - continued

As the poison saps Nakoma, Zirelle grabs the hopeknife from the bookshelf then turns and spits a stream of acid at the monstrous spider, but her attack into melee is not quite accurate enough to hit the arachnid.

That touch attack was not quite good enough against the advanced spider, but when you take the firing into melee penalty, would've missed even the normal one. Still have about 2 hours to wait for an action from Baldek before the 24hr rule comes into play to end the round.


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

Baldek steps forth, shouting "Torag!" for courage and swings at the spider.

Hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

His hammer slams heavily in the spider's head.

"The Smith guards me!" he shouts, now defiant instead of fearful.


Ruined Hall - Round 1 - concluded

Baldek strengthens his resolve by shouting his deity's name as he steps up and slams his hammer into the spider, wounding it grievously.

End of Round 1


HP: -10/20, AC: 19, FF: 17, Touch: 12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5, CMD: 17, Initiative +2, Perception +6 (+1 Vs Traps)

Zan will pull a few stray strands of webbing off Nakoma before checking the rest of the room for items of interest, traps and secret doors and compartments. He otherwise stays silent but nods further up the corridor to the north.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23+1 Vs Traps


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Wait... I thought that was just the end of round one, not the combat. Is the spider dead?


HP: -10/20, AC: 19, FF: 17, Touch: 12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5, CMD: 17, Initiative +2, Perception +6 (+1 Vs Traps)

You are very much correct, my bad.

Zan tried to strike again at the spider, hoping to finish it off now it was in it's wounded state.
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


My fault, I got called away suddenly last night, and didnt get the round reset back up. But no, the spider's not dead, yet.

Ruined Hall - Round 2

20 Giant Spider (10dmg)
17 Zan
9 Nakoma (4hp dmg, poisoned)
6 Zirelle
2 Baldek

The spider turns Zan and leaps at him. Zan feels the mandibles close on him, but is lucky that his armor is thick enough to prevent any real damage or exposure to venom.

In his turn, Zan tries to swing his scimitar at the soft underbelly of the great spider when it is exposed, but the carapace proves harder than expected and his blade is turned aside.

Nakoma needs another Fort save vs poison. She and the rest of the crew have more shots at the big spider.

GM Screen:

Giant Spider bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Nakoma stabs at the spider with her starknife, missing completely due to the sticky strands still hampering her movements.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 - 2 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4

FYI: Both her attack and damage run off of her Dex due to her feats, so although Strength damage won't affect her attacks or damage rolls, entangled causes her to take -4 to attack and -2 to damage.


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Zirelle spits at the spider again, hoping to get lucky

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10 (Ranged Touch, spitting into melee)
Miss. Elemental Spit down to 1/6


Per Baldek's "bot me" note, I will be running him this round.

Ruined Hall - Round 2 - concluded

Nakoma, free from the sticky webs, makes a slashing attack with her holy weapon, but is still unable to contact the big arachnid. She continues to suffer from the effects of the spider-venom, and can feel her strength continue to wane.

Summoning from her sorcerous nature, Zirelle spews forth another blob of acid, but it fails to contact the monster.

Beating his hammer on his shield, Baldek cries out again, "For the Smith" and lunges at the spider, his hammer deflecting off the hard exoskeleton harmlessly.

End of Round 2

Nakoma takes 2 more pts of STR dmg (total of 3) and needs another Fort save next round. Guess you guys need more of the AC 0 oozes...

GM Screen:

Nakoma STR dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Baldek hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Ruined Hall - Round 3

20 Giant Spider (10dmg)
17 Zan
9 Nakoma (4hp dmg, poisoned, 3STR dmg)
6 Zirelle
2 Baldek

Turning slightly, the spider attacks the dwarf this time, trying to get back at him for the painful hammer blow but the heroic smith is able to get his shield up and ward off the venomous mandibles of the great beast.

Party time! All are up again. The spider can't roll much better than you guys...

GM Screen:

Spider Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Zirelle spits the last of her acid at the spider.

Elemental Spit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1 (Ranged Touch, spitting into melee)

Elemental Spit down to 0/6. Next up in the ranged attack department: Acid splash.


HP: -10/20, AC: 19, FF: 17, Touch: 12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5, CMD: 17, Initiative +2, Perception +6 (+1 Vs Traps)

With the spider distracted attacking Baldek Zan swings but once more finds it's hide too thick to pierce.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

Badk roars in frustration as his blow misses. Surely, Torag was testing him, he convinces himself. Keeping his shield high, he swings again at the spider.

Hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Ruined Hall - Round 3 - continued

With the spider focused on Baldek, Zan slips in and tries to slash the baast in the belly, but finds its thick carapace hide too difficult to penetrate this time.

Zirelle spews more acid in the direction of the giant spider, but once again, the aim is off enough that the target is unaffected.

Focused on the defending himself from the spider's fierce attacks, Baldek gets a counter-swing in against the spider, but connects with nothing but air.

Nakoma is up to end the round. She also needs a third Fort save.


Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

Sorry for the delay, the site was down every time I had a chance to post.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Feeling her strength leave her, Nakoma tightens her grip on her starknife and stabs at the spider again, hoping to kill the bug before it's poison does any further harm...

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 2 = 3


Ruined Hall - Round 3 - concluded

Nakoma's strong constitution allows her to fight off the spider venom before it can sap her strength any longer. She is able to make a successful attack with her starknife, sinking one of the blades in the spider.

Nakoma is no longer entangled, so her damage on this attack is actually 5hp, I believe. She made her Escape Artist check above.

End of Round 3


Ruined Hall - Round 4

20 Giant Spider (15dmg)
17 Zan
9 Nakoma (4hp dmg, 3STR dmg)
6 Zirelle
2 Baldek

Continuing to target the dwarf, the spider makes another attempt to bite Baldek. Once again, the dwarf is able to use his shield to block what otherwise might have been a serious injury.

All the group is now up.

GM Screen:

Spider bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Zirelle casts acid splash.

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8 (Ranged Touch, casting into melee)


HP: -10/20, AC: 19, FF: 17, Touch: 12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5, CMD: 17, Initiative +2, Perception +6 (+1 Vs Traps)

This time hoping to get through it's hide Zan swings again.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

"The Smith hammers me. His blows strengthen me. The Smith hammers me. His blows strengthen me. The Smith hammers me. His blows strengthen me. The Smith hammers me. His blows strengthen me." mumbles Baldek over and over as he fights off the spider, filled with fear.

Hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

Yes, it was 5 damage then. Thanks!

Nakoma tears her starknife out of the spider's hide and slashes at it again.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Ruined Hall - Round 4 - concluded

Swinging wiht more gusto, Zan is finally able to drive the point of his blade through the exoskeleton of the spider, and drag it forward creating a wound that drips green ichor.

The ear-splitting shriek from the great arachnid is silenced as Baldek's warhammer strikes a mortal blow to the monster, crushing the life from it.

End of Combat

Stay tuned for post-combat summary, which I may not be able to post until later tonight, as I am in airport now.


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

Baldek forces himself to calm down, stop shaking, and take a long look at the spider: "I- It's so big! I never thought they grew so much..."


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Zirelle tries to ignore the spider, and goes back to checking out the bookshelf. She pulls up detect magic to see if there is anything magical on the shelves.

Let's see if there is anything else here quickly, and then get Nakoma back to town. She doesn't look very good.


Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

Holding her holy symbol aloft, Nakoma mutters something in a foreign language.

Shoanti:
"Desna, shine upon your faithful."[/b]

Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Some of her wounds heal. She flexes her hands a few times, as if something is wrong with them.

"I'm fine," she decides. "Let's finish this."

Despite her words she's clearly slower than before, weakened from the spider's venom.


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

Pulling away from the dead spider, Baldek nods and helps with the search, going through the shelves and walking around the perimeter, tapping with his hammer softly on the walls.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

Nakoma looks at Zirelle. "Whose hope knife is that?"


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

It's the one from the shelf. Didn't you see it before the spider got you?

Zirelle looks more closely at it to see if it is the one they have been looking for.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


HP: -10/20, AC: 19, FF: 17, Touch: 12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5, CMD: 17, Initiative +2, Perception +6 (+1 Vs Traps)

"We've got most of the ruins cleared but if it gets too much let us know and we can take a break Nakoma."


Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

Nakoma looks at Zirelle with a raised eyebrow. "Yes. And whose is it?" she prods. "Is it the one we're looking for?"

With that, Nakoma turns from Zirelle, leaving the hope knife and bookshelf to her. She nods at Zan. Then she wanders further into the building, slowly exploring the room.

When everyone's done in here, Nakoma heads over to the door and listens for sounds on the other side.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

"This story revolves around hopeknives... Is it one we were searching for?" asks Baldek.


Now that she has time to look at it properly, Zirelle easily sees the hopeknife has an engraving on it. "For Rodrik, my love" it says in plain script exactly the same as the one you saw with the sad half-orc woman, Brinya Kelver, that said, "For Brinya, my love". It is quite obviously the missing partner of that one, and proves that the knife found with Rodrik's was not his own. That fact means someone else left that knife, and leads credence to the idea that his death was not a suicide. But who was responsible? That question still remains.

There is nothing else of interest or value on the bookshelf. The old cabinet on the southeast wall does reveal somethings as Baldek pokes around in the ruined shelves inside. Inside he finds two iron flasks and a beat-up steel scroll case. In addition, there are two crystal vials that appear to be holy water.

The scroll tube contains three scrolls which can be read or discerned along with the contents of the iron flasks, which detect as magical.

Spellcraft or Perception (to taste) DC 16, potion 1:
Oil of Magic Weapon.

Spellcraft or Perception DC 16 potion 2:
Potion of Shield of Faith

Read Magic or Spellcraft DC 22 to decipher scroll 1 and 2:
These are both Scrolls of Knock

Read Magic or Spellcraft DC 22 to decipher Scroll 3:
This is a Scroll of Summon Swarm

GM Screen:

Zirelle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

If you recall the things you've seen in the dungeon already, you can see how those things might have been useful if you'd stopped here first, which is likely the intent. Oh well...


Undeterred by the weakness brought on by the spider-venom, Nakoma heads towards the unexplored areas of the Plague House. As she gets closer, to the other end, she can a crumbled staircase in the northwest area. The wooden stairs here once lead to an upper story that has crumbled to ashes. The northern wall of the Plague House has collapsed, and the floor underneath has sunk entirely, leaving a dark, gaping hole in the ground surrounded by rubble. A single door leads to the outside.

You have seen this view from both outside and below, and can access either location via the hole in the floor. Let me know if you want to poke around in the rubble etc or use the exterior door here.

Nakoma approaches the other interior door and listens, but she cannot hear any unusual noises from the other side.


HP: -10/20, AC: 19, FF: 17, Touch: 12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5, CMD: 17, Initiative +2, Perception +6 (+1 Vs Traps)

I think poking around in the rubble can wait til last.

"Let me check it first." Zan checks the interior door for traps, if he doesn't find any he'll open the door.

Perception for Traps: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Spellcraft DC 16, potion 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Spellcraft DC 16, potion 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Spellcraft DC 22, scroll 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 (bonus for scrolls)

Spellcraft DC 22, scroll 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Spellcraft DC 22, scroll 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Zirelle takes a look and is able to identify the potions and one of the scrolls.


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

Baldek follows Zan as he inspects, his hammer ready to hammer, should danger hide amongst the filth.


Updated the Loot Tracker with the things you know and the things that are still unidentified. If you claim one of those things,let me know. Remember you can only use them in combat if you have claimed them.

The remaining interior door is not trapped. Carefully pushing the door open, the area beyond is ruined sitting room. Most of this room is shambles, and the western wall has collapsed in a heap of rubble. A staircase to the northeast leads to a wooden loft upstairs; the area beneath the loft is filled with fallen beams, jumbled bricks, and other debris.

Two separate Perception checks please. The first when you enter the room, the second as you look at the ruined walls and furniture around the corner.

Perception DC 15:
A secret door, which is kind of easy to spot since its mostly falling off its hinges, leads to the area under the stairs to the NE. The space behind it is empty.

Perception DC 13:
Out of the corner of your eye, you seem something insectile scuttling in the debris area near the ruined outer wall and under the loft.

GM Screen:

Centipede Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Perception (entering the room): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Perception (ruined walls and furniture): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

As Zirelle comes into the room, she notices a secret door right away and goes over to inspect it.

There is a secret door over here, but it looks like someone already found it... nothing here.

Later, as she is examining the ruined wall and looking under the loft, she says

Ugh. There is some kind of insect in there. She points it out to the others in the debris.


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

"Is it the size of the spider?!" asks Baldek with his raucous voice, visibly alarmed.


The glimpse that Zirelle had of the scuttling creature did not look spider-like, more long and thin with lots of creepy-crawly legs. They are not visible anymore, having settled in cracks and crevices of the debris.


HP: -10/20, AC: 19, FF: 17, Touch: 12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5, CMD: 17, Initiative +2, Perception +6 (+1 Vs Traps)

Zan stays ready in case the insect came out to attack them.


HP 14/14 | AC 15 (+2 shield, +4 giants) Tch 10 FF 15 | CMD 13 (+4 tr and br) | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +0 | Perc +3

"Ok, not spider, but still big. And more than one... Anybody knows a safer way than my hammer to be rid of insects?" asks Baldek, thinking that Torag would prefer his servants to avoid unnecessary battles.


Female Shoanti Warpriest of Desna 2 | HP: 17/17 Temp HP: 1/1 | AC 17* (T15*, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 18* | F:+5 R:+0 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Blessings: 1/4 | Fervor: 0/4 | Rodrik's HK: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Virtue (1 min), Holy Strike (1 min)

Sorry for the delay. I've been getting the goblin maintenance picture a lot lately.

Not sure if I moved myself to the right spot.

Perception 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Perception 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Nakoma nods as she checks out the secret door, confirming it's empty. She peers at the debris that the insects ran into with suspicion.

Slowly, she approaches the debris with her starknife drawn...


Trunau Map Inner Quarter Female Human Sorcerer: Draconic Linnorm Bloodline 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 / T 13 / FF 10 | Fort +0 / Ref +3 / Will +3 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +4 | Elemental Spit 3/6 | Active Effects: None

Zirelle says to Nakoma

Wait. Before you get too close, let's see if this works. I don't want to catch you inside the spell.

She steps closer and uses burning hands to try to fry the insects under the loft.

Burning Hands Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 DC 14 Reflex save for half.

601 to 650 of 1,641 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Giantslayer by DM DoctorEvil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.