Game Master S's "Dead Suns" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS
HANDOUTS | CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE |DRAMATIS NAVES | Sunrise Maiden | Ship Roles | The Story Thus Far

Initiative:

[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Booker]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gig]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Janzi]d20+1[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Booker]d20+13[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+10[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Gig]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+6[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
--->[dice=Hum]d20-1[/dice]
[dice=Janzi]d20+13[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Booker]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Gig]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=R.1.G.5.]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Torin]d20+6[/dice]


4,901 to 4,950 of 5,307 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>

Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Gig moves his hands in quick somatic gestures and summons forth his arcane power to release an arcing surge at the pilot (More if he can reach more than one at a time).

Arcing Surge: 10d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 3) + 5 = 37 DC 19 half


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Gig turns and aims a surge at the pilot! REF: 1d20 ⇒ 3 Strapped in, there's little it can do. The electricity fries and cracks bone!

The Chase Is On!
Round: 2
Pathfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Lead: Starfinders
Starfinder Speed: 120' (27 mph/43.5 Kph)
Security Speed: 120' (27 mph/43.5 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot: Fail
Starfinder Pilot (Booker:) Speed up
Dunklezahn: Hit (Aboard security)
Hostiles: TBD
Gig: Zip zap! (Aboard security)
Booker: Go
Hack-It: Go

Janzi: Stunned

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 40 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side):
Commando Pilot: 37
-----
HP: 16 DMG


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Dammit!" Booker grinds his teeth. "Now he decides to shut up?"

I guess I need to stay put again.


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Fort save (Hack-It): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Fort save (Hum): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Hack-It cries our, clutching at his ears and unable to move. Hum, operating on its last command, continues to fire upon the driver.
Hum: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Damage (Sonic): 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) + 10 = 26


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Booker is forced to stay put as Hack-it freezes for a moment. Hum's shot hits the train, but not the target.

The tangled mess of tracks provides the undead an opportunity:

Sudden change: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16, but the trains are simply too tightly held for him!

The Chase Is On!
Round: 3
Pathfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Lead: Starfinders
Starfinder Speed: 180' (40 mph/64 Kph)
Security Speed: 180' (40 mph/64 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot: Fail
Starfinder Pilot (Booker:) Go
Dunklezahn: Go (Aboard security)
Hostiles: TBD
Gig: TBD (Aboard security)
Booker: TBD
Hack-It: TBD
Janzi: Stunned

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 40 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): (howl used)
Commando Pilot: 37
-----
HP: 16 DMG


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Wake up, wake up!" Booker shouts back at his stunned passengers. "Move it!" He grips the controls, ready to dodge the other train if he can.

Evade DC 20: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 24 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 43 for +2 to AC

Will move us to the Maintenance Bays next.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Dunk staggers back, a hand coming up to knock the ringing from his ears.

Stunned

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunk brings the tinnitus down to a manageable level and strikes out at the screaming zombie.

Ultrathin Longsword: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 2 = 31
Slashing Damage: 4d8 + 18 + 5 ⇒ (8, 7, 6, 5) + 18 + 5 = 49


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunk slashes again at the same undead. He strikes true, but it's going to take a couple more to bring it down. Meanwhile the pilot seems to have recovered from Gig's spell.

It appears the two have expended their terrifying abilities for the moment, as they both close in on Dunk. The pilot seems to disapprove, preferring they focus on the one hurting him. The pilot turns around and shoots at Gig while trying to keep the chase up.

Clawed Baykok v. Dunk: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 MISS
Close quarters rifle v. Dunk: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40 for DMG: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2, 8) + 9 = 20

Arc v. Gig: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 MISS

The Chase Is On!
Round: 3
Pathfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Lead: Starfinders
Starfinder Speed: 180' (40 mph/64 Kph)
Security Speed: 180' (40 mph/64 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot: Fail
Starfinder Pilot (Booker:) Evade
Dunklezahn: Hit (Aboard security)
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Go (Aboard security)
Booker: Go
Hack-It: Go
Janzi: Go

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 89 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): (howl used)
Commando Pilot: 37
-----
HP: 16 DMG


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi, finally shaking off the effects of the undead soldiers, grabs Hack-It rather more roughly than necessary and shoves him onto the other vehicle at its closest point. Hoping this gives Hack a full round. He then pointedly looks at Booker. You just gonna sit there all day, or you gonna move?!?


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

If looks could kill, Janzi would need a pine box. "Somebody's gotta steer 'til you GET OFF THE DAMN BUS!!!"

Still waiting on Janzi. I cannot leave until everyone else does.


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Per Slack, with Janzi's remaining move action:
Janzi shrugs and makes his way over to the other tram. Fine, fine.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Janzi hurls Hack-it to the security train before himself following. Hum and Booker abandon ship, putting the entire party on the enemy train!

Hacki-it has a standard action.


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Finally!" Booker kicks the grav-train's throttle all the way up to full, and breaks off the handle before jumping. Let the thing smash into some other part of ship, or another car, somewhere down the track.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It curses. "My drone, you idiots!"

Just as he's about to jump back over he sees Hum follow him over. Mollified, the mechanic sets about having his flying murder turret shoot at the nearest undead.
Hum: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Gig let’s fly a barrage of magic missiles at the pilot of the security train.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) + 8 = 20

”It took you guys long enough to get here.” Gig remarks.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Now that we're all on the security train. You can identify the undead by way of "Gun soldier, claw soldier (who is REALLY injured), and pilot.

Hum's shot is wide.

The undead pilot immediately slams on the con for more back up, and you can already see another security team coming! The pilot slams on autopilot to deal with you lot.

The Chase Is On!
Round: 4
Pathfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train Zone: Major Transit Corridor

Security Speed: 210' (48 mph/77.2 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot: Autopilot
Dunklezahn: Go
Hostiles: TBD
Gig: TBD
Booker: TBD
Hack-It: TBD
Janzi: TBD

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 89 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): (howl used)
Commando Pilot: 37
-----
HP: 16 DMG

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

As the pilot closes, Dunk slashes out at it.

Ultrathin Longsword: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 16 - 4 = 25
Slashing Damage: 4d8 + 18 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 6) + 18 = 31

Ultrathin Longsword: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 16 - 4 = 24
Slashing Damage: 4d8 + 18 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 7) + 18 = 39


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunklezahn turns to the pilot, hoping to really sow some chaos. Both of his swings are devastating. He's certain that even one more cut will split the corpsefolk in two!

All three undead turn their focus on the vesk dervish after his display of swordslizardship.

Baykok Claws: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19 MISS
Baykok Rifle: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38 for Piercing: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5, 4) + 9 = 19
Corpsefolk pulse gauntlet: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 MISS

Dunklezahn lets out a bellow of triumph as he holds his own!

The Chase Is On!
Round: 4
Pathfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train Zone: Major Transit Corridor

Security Speed: 210' (48 mph/77.2 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot: Autopilot
Dunklezahn: Hits
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Go
Booker: Go
Hack-It: Go
Janzi: Go

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 89 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): (howl used)
Commando: 107
-----
HP: 16 DMG


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi, hoping to finish what Dunk started on the pilot, sends a seven-pointed disk of force in that one's direction, then careening into the claw soldier and then the gun soldier.

ranged attack vs. PILOT EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
force dmg: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) = 15

ranged attack vs. CLAW SOLDIER EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
force dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

ranged attack vs. GUN SOLDIER EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
force dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

The buffeting of the tram makes aiming a difficult prospect.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

In the crowded train, Janzi lets fly the disc, which bounces everywhere, magically avoiding the Starfinders, and going after the undead! Unfortunately it only strikes a single undead!

The Chase Is On!
Round: 4
Pathfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train Zone: Major Transit Corridor

Security Speed: 210' (48 mph/77.2 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot: Autopilot
Dunklezahn: Hits
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Go
Booker: Go
Hack-It: Go

Janzi: Frisbie from Wham-O

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 89 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): 10 (howl used)
Commando: 107
-----
HP: 16 DMG


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Now that the cavalry has arrived, Gig decides to conserve on his spells and practice his target shooting.

In a quick draw of his corona blaster, he pulls the pistol from his holster, spins it upon his finger and takes a shot at the claw soldier.

Corona Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Fire Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

"Take that, you varmint!"


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Lasers, lightning, nanites, blades, and spells make the grav-train look like the stage of a Strawberry Machine Cake concert. Gig's blast hits the soldier nearby!

Claw, REALLY injured. Gun, lightly injured, Pilot, close to death

The Chase Is On!
Round: 4
Pathfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train Zone: Major Transit Corridor

Security Speed: 210' (48 mph/77.2 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot: Autopilot
Dunklezahn: Hits
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Hit!
Booker: Go
Hack-It: Go

Janzi: Frisbie from Wham-O

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 95 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): 10 (howl used)
Commando: 107
-----
HP: 16 DMG


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It and Hum opt to support Dunk, turning their weapons on the pilot again.
Hack-It: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Damage (Sonic): 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) + 5 = 17
Hum: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Damage (Sonic): 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2, 7) + 10 = 21


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Hacki-it's shot nearly drops the pilot. There's nothing but hatred keeping it moving!

The Chase Is On!
Round: 4
Pathfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train Zone: Major Transit Corridor

Security Speed: 210' (48 mph/77.2 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot: Autopilot
Dunklezahn: Hits
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Hit!
Booker: Go
Hack-It: Hit
Janzi: Frisbie from Wham-O

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 95 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): 10 (howl used)
Commando: 124
-----
HP: 16 DMG


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Nice o' ya to get up for me," Booker smirks. He ducks past the two baykoks, slashes at the pilot's neck, and hops into the pilot's vacated seat. Mechanically: standard action to slash, move action to get to the controls.

Slash @ Pilot: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 2 = 29
Slashing Damage: 4d8 + 13 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 4) + 13 = 33


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Booker quickly finishes the cut, dropping the pilot's head to the deck. He takes the pilot seat before the body lands! Once he jumps in, he sees that the pilot must've called for back up, as two more security trains are on an intercept course!

You are now piloting a SECURITY TRAIN which has sustained 16 damage and has not fired its hook.

The Chase Is On!
Round: 5
Starfinder Zone: Major Transit Corridor
Security Train 1 Zone: En route
Security Train 2 Zone: En route

Starfinder Speed: 300' (70 mph/113 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot 1: ETA Round 6
Security Pilot 2: ETA Round 7
Starfinder Pilot (Booker): Go
Dunklezahn: Go

Hostiles: TBD
Gig: TBD
Booker: TBD
Hack-It: TBD
Janzi: TBD

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 95 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): 10 (howl used)
-----
HP: 16 DMG

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

With a quick assessment of the blaycocks, Dunk slashes out at the seemingly more injured one.

Ultrathin Longsword: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 16 - 2 = 25
Slashing Damage: 4d8 + 18 + 5 ⇒ (3, 7, 6, 3) + 18 + 5 = 42


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker shoves the throttle to full and veers the train onto a shorter track, hoping to dust the two new arrivals.

Piloting DC 25: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27 Headed for Maintenance Bays.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunklezahn nearly drops the baykok as Booker punches it. The train is now hurtling forward. Booker is confident that he's lost one of the two in pursuit, though the other is still in it.

The 2 baykoks continue to focus on Dunklezahn. If they felt fear, surely being stuckin in a train with a furious Dunklezahn would be at the top of their list.

Claw: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 MISS
Gun: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40 for DMG: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 5, 6) + 9 = 28

The Chase Is On!
Round: 5
Starfinder Zone: Maintenance Bays
Security Train 1 Zone: En route
Security Train 2 Zone: Lost

Starfinder Speed: 300' (70 mph/113 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot 1: ETA Round 6
Security Pilot 2: ETA Round 7
Starfinder Pilot (Booker): Speed up
Dunklezahn: Hit
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Go
Booker: Go
Hack-It: Go
Janzi: Go

DM:

Baykock 1 (Portside): 137 (Weapon dropped, howl used)
Baykok 2 (Starboard side): 10 (howl used)
-----
HP: 16 DMG


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi considers dropping behind one and seeing if Booker can push that one over off the tram, but he thinks better of it and just shoots Claw Soldier.

minor disruption pistol: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
sonic: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Then he moves behind Hack-It, surreptitiously pointing down at the ysoki behind his back.

12/20 charges used.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Gig takes another shot at the Claw.

Corona Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Fire Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

"I reckon its time for you to bite some dust!"


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker pulls a pistol and fires off a pot-shot when the tram gets to a straight-away.

Pistol Shot @ Claws: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 2 = 22
Piercing Damage: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) + 13 = 23


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It and Hum fire on one of the deaders, clearly not noticing Janzi's gesture.
Hack-It vs Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Damage (Sonic): 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) + 5 = 20

Hum vs Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damage (Sonic): 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2, 4) + 10 = 22


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Gig and Booker each shoot the unarmed baykok, finally dropping it before it can do any more damage. Hack-it and Hum turn towards the remaining foe. Hum scores a hit!

The Chase Is On!
Round: 5
Starfinder Zone: Maintenance Bays
Security Train 1 Zone: En route
Security Train 2 Zone: Lost

Starfinder Speed: 300' (70 mph/113 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot 1: ETA Round 6
Security Pilot 2: ETA Round 7
Starfinder Pilot (Booker): Speed up
Dunklezahn: Hit
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Hit
Booker: Hit
Hack-It: Hit
Janzi: Go

DM:

Baykok 2 (Starboard side): 10 (howl used)
-----
HP: 16 DMG


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Not sure how I didn't catch Janzi's turn.

Janzi also turns on the remaining under with a solid sonic burst.[/ooc]

Booker turns back to the HUD in time to see another security train rushing towards them. It's not here yet though!

Pilot: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 The enemy pilot slams on the accelerator, immediately pulling into the Maintenance Bays too!

You can access the Major Transit Corridor, Launch and Recovery decks, Drift Engines, cargo area, or stay here. Remember the longer you take, the more security is going to hunt you.

The Chase Is On!
Round: 6
Starfinder Zone: Maintenance Bays
Security Train 1 Zone: Maintenance Bays

Starfinder Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)
Security Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot 1: Speed Up
Starfinder Pilot (Booker): Go
Dunklezahn: Go
Hostiles: TBD
Gig: TBD
Booker: TBD
Hack-It: TBD
Janzi: TBD

DM:

Baykok: 18 (howl used)
-----
HP: 16 DMG


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Time to get fancy," Booker mutters to himself. He keeps the throttle at full and switches off the train's safety protocols, aiming for closing gap between two hulks coming in for repairs. "Hang on tight!"

DOUBLE MANEUVER (penalty applied):

Speed Up, DC 25: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 24 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 26 SUCCESS

Dodge Between Moving Payloads, Set DC 35: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 24 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 42 SUCCESS

The other train must make a DC 35 Piloting check, or else:
Collision w/Payload vs KAC: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
Bludgeoning: 10d10 ⇒ (2, 10, 6, 3, 4, 5, 8, 2, 8, 6) = 54


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

There is no hope of the pilot avoiding the collision and the cargo smashes into their tram!

The Chase Is On!
Round: 6
Starfinder Zone: Cargo Area
Security Train 1 Zone: Maintenance Bays

Starfinder Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)
Security Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot 1: Speed Up
Starfinder Pilot (Booker): Speed Up
Dunklezahn: Go
Hostiles: TBD
Gig: TBD
Booker: TBD
Hack-It: TBD
Janzi: TBD

DM:

Baykok: 18 (howl used)
-----
HP: 34 DMG

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunk steps in to fell the last undead.

Ultrathin Longsword: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 16 - 4 = 25
Slashing Damage: 4d8 + 18 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 7) + 18 = 34

Ultrathin Longsword: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 16 - 4 = 28
Slashing Damage: 4d8 + 18 ⇒ (3, 7, 8, 1) + 18 = 37


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunklezahn slashes twice, connecting both times to grievously wound the undead. It levels its weapon at Dunk before turning it on the back of Booker's head!

ATK 1: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 21 - 4 = 37 for DMG: 6d8 + 18 ⇒ (8, 2, 5, 4, 5, 3) + 18 = 45
ATK 2: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 21 - 4 = 32 for DMG: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1, 5) + 9 = 16

The Chase Is On!
Round: 6
Starfinder Zone: Cargo Area
Security Train 1 Zone: Maintenance Bays

Starfinder Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)
Security Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot 1: Speed Up
Starfinder Pilot (Booker): Speed Up
Dunklezahn: Hits
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Go
Booker: Go
Hack-It: Go
Janzi: Go

DM:

Baykok: 89 (howl used)
-----
HP: 34 DMG


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"That tickled, honey," Booker retorts. He fires another pot-shot back into the melee.

Pistol Shot @ Gunner: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 18 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 23
Piercing Damage: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 4, 6) + 13 = 26


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Booker hits the baykok with a shot while he focuses on pulling away.

The Chase Is On!
Round: 6
Starfinder Zone: Cargo Area
Security Train 1 Zone: Maintenance Bays

Starfinder Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)
Security Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot 1: Speed Up
Starfinder Pilot (Booker): Speed Up
Dunklezahn: Hits
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Go
Booker: Hit
Hack-It: Go
Janzi: Go

DM:

Baykok: 115 (howl used)
-----
HP: 34 DMG


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It and Hum will do what Booker can't seem to.
Hack-It: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Damage (Sonic): 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 5 = 11
Hum: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damage (Sonic): 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 3, 5) + 10 = 26


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Hack-it and Hum finish the final undead off! Time to get to the command center...

Booker hits the baykok with a shot while he focuses on pulling away.

The Chase Is On!
Round: 6
Starfinder Zone: Cargo Area
Security Train 1 Zone: Maintenance Bays

Starfinder Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)
Security Speed: 360' (82 mph/132 Kph)

------------
Security Pilot 1: Speed Up
Starfinder Pilot (Booker): Speed Up
Dunklezahn: Hits
Hostiles: ATK
Gig: Go
Booker: Hit
Hack-It: Kill
Janzi: Go

DM:

-----
HP: 34 DMG


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi dumps half of his mk2 flash grenades into the helmet of one of the fallen undead, pulls the pin on the last one and then chucks it behind them as Booker accelerates out of the cargo bay.

That's 5 mk 2 flash grenades that should go off in succession.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

HA! I love it! Still, it can't be an automatic success. Strictly speaking it's a ranged attack at -2. GRENADES!: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 = 22

Janzi's flashbangs land right on the windshield of the other security train. They all go off at once!

1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 6

The pilot is completely blinded!

1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 4

Those 18 seconds are MORE than enough for Booker to lose the final tail, and pilot the train to the bridge. The enormity of the situation begins to settle in, for during that 4 mile trip, every deck seems abuzz with activity. There are only two outcomes now, victory or total party kill.

For killing the security detail the party earns 12,800 XP for winning the chase you also earn 3,200 XP!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

With the other security trams off your trail it's easy for you to find a place to catch your breath. Outside of the tramway, you trust the Wraith program to keep you blanked out.

Free 10 minute rest. I am granting the party 125 XP since tomorrow will be a really frigging stressful day.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Typo above. It's 1,250.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The party takes some time to prepares themselves. The excitement, the danger, and the stakes all start to settle in. Everyone finds new fonts of confidence and power. With a nod to each other, Booker pilots the train to the bridge.

For security reasons, the grav-train system has only a single transfer point into the command and control decks, where the command section is located. Once the train passes through the final intersection, the comm on the train lights up...

Before Booker can decide whether or not to take the call, the channel opens automatically. The voice is an off-putting combination of teeth clacking with a tongue that must be far too big, "Greetings intruders. I must say, I am fascinated by your grit and your skill to have made it thus far. It appears that you have made it to command, and for that I tell you truly, I am impressed. Though tell me, what exactly is your ultimate goal here?"

Computers DC 25:

There's a tracer routine in the message, this conversation is drawing ever single security team aboard to your position...


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Gig accesses the computer panel.

Computers: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41

”Watch out, Booker! There's a tracer routine in the message, this conversation is drawing ever single security team aboard to our position.”

4,901 to 4,950 of 5,307 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "Dead Suns" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.