GM Tyranius The Half-Alive Streets (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map


51 to 100 of 316 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

The verthani's skin turns into shimmering bright colors. "Name is Chryson." She says. "What information are you looking for?" She stands nearly 8 feet tall with long thin limbs. Her eyes are pure black orbs, protruding from her head in half domes like the eyes of a mouse.

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"We recently saw an exceptionally advanced biotech augmentation that blends nearly seamlessly with flesh."

Zez'ka then proceeds to describe the biotech in great detail, with excessive excitement and pronouncements of her feelings.

"Might you be the maker of such a product?"

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

"It was very impressive work," Remi chimes in, throwing in some flattery for good measure. "We'd like to get in touch with someone so talented."

Diplomacy to aid?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

She thinks she's helping, but really this is a case of what is known as 'trying too hard'.

Dark Archive

Chryson almost seems to scoff in amazement and disbelief. "You have it on you. I would love to take a look at it."

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (5) = 15

As long as nothing seems fishy...

"Sure!"

Dark Archive

She grabs ahold of the arm and examines it under several scopes. "This augmentation has an unusually high concentration of nanites in its construction. Under normal circumstances, most of the nanites used in biotech augmentations have a short life cycle. They are used to make changes to the body to help the biological components graft properly, and after this phase ends, they die off and are cycled into the body’s waste within days. This augmentation has substantial sections made entirely of repair nanites with long life cycles, which is very unusual." She hands the arm back. "It is amazing work, but I can't tell you more than that I'm afraid."

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka's antennae droop. "Disappointment."

After a moment they perk back up. "Thank you for your time and help, dear friend! Farewell! Until next time!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:22/28, HP:24/24, RP:5/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

As they leave the place. Shucks, it seems no one knows about this augmentation. It must be top secret, or highly illegal.

Dark Archive


  • BioBoost
  • Cytech Clinic
  • Metagenesis
  • Renew- You
  • Synthathesia

  • Second Time Around Pawnshop
  • Hard as Nails Barbershop
  • Many Petals Cafe

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

"How about Renew-You? We can check out the cover businesses afterwards."

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

"Agreed! The heavy use of nanites might be something they are knowledgeable in but either way we are running out of choices so we won't be long now." adds Drift somewhat perturbed at the dead ends.

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

"This is developing into a scavenger hunt without an end! Just glad nobody tried to shoot us, yet." Donovan sighs.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:22/28, HP:24/24, RP:5/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

I agree, and it has a good name to it.

Dark Archive

The Renew-You clinic is a modular unit that resembles a shipping container. Although it is clearly older than the surrounding structures, it looks clean and well maintained. Metal doors are rolled down over the entrance and windows, and a neat sign reading “CLOSED INDEFINITELY” hangs over the posted business hours.

The clinic is bordered on one side by a temporarily vacant unit and on the other by an accountant’s office closed for lunch.

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

"We should look around and see what we can find out from the outside." Donovan says and he starts to look through windows and examine the environment.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

* * * *

After looking at everything Donovan will try to open the door.

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka looks around to see if there are wonderful new friends to be made nearby the closed clinic.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

"My, we're starting to run out of good leads," Remi sighs in disappointment when they find another closed-down place. She remembers Data's advice from earlier, and resolves to dig a little deeper.

As Donovan starts poking at the door, Remi goes to one of the shuttered windows and presses her ear against it, trying to hear if there is anything moving around inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:22/28, HP:24/24, RP:5/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

Data will look for a window or a weak spot to break into, but won't do it unless he has too. per: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (13) = 14

Dark Archive

Donovan tries his hand at the shutters locks. After a quick moment the lock falls to the ground and he is able to raise the shutters to the building.

The inside of the clinic is divided into a reception area, an office, a small workshop, and an operating area. Searching the premises reveals that all computers and physical records have been removed.

DC 18 Medicine:
There is less equipment than would be expected for an augmentation clinic. There are no traces of activity within the past week.

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

The doctor steps into the facility and quickly shakes his head at the mess...

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Not only the computers and records are gone but there isn't enough equipment in here to do any medical work...minor or major. I would say this place hasn't seen any activity for near a week..." he says a little frustrated as he double checks for any traces of...well anything.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:22/28, HP:24/24, RP:5/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

Keep looking, maybe records were kept on their computers, or there is a written journal somewhere. Disappearing without much of a trace means it was either a business that was doing very poorly or much worse, shady activities going on here.

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

Donovan starts to search the inside more thoroughly based on Z Data Z's suggestion.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Finding no pleasant passersby to befriend and question, Zez'ka enters the building and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Dark Archive

Finding nothing else of further interest inside the abandoned Renew-You clinic a halfling child grabs ahold of Zez'ka's arm as the group heads back into the street. In a low voice he looks up with large and hopeful eyes. "I'm Senndi. Are you looking for the owners?"

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"HAPPY! Hello child friend! I am indeed looking for the owners! Do you know of them?" Her antennae twitch. "You look very hopeful! Are you in need? CURIOUS!"

She claps her hands. "Oh, I do desire to help the friend in need!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:22/28, HP:24/24, RP:5/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

Data sees the child and gives him a smile. Oh, yes we are, and information you have would be helpful diplomacy: -1 + 1d20 ⇒ -1 + (8) = 7 aid diplomacy would help here, though I wouldn't expect it to be high.

Dark Archive

The halfling child whimpers. "My mother received an augmentation here at Renew-You." He wipes tears from his eyes with the back of his arm. "She is really sick now."

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh, no! Sad!" Zez'ka exclaims. "Well, show us the way! Perhaps we can help her!"

Looking at her companions, Zez'ka remarks, "We must help my new friend! Worried!"

Then she asks the boy, "Can you describe her sickness to us?"

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

Donovan is really shocked to see the little girl. He just nods to his teammates and sympathetically looks at the kid!

“Lead the way child!”

Dark Archive

The young halfling turns to lead the way. "She is coughing bad and has a hard time moving." The halfling apartment complex is only a short distance from the Freemarkets.

*****

Jumpsuits and equipment belts hang from pegs, crowding the entryway. Farther in, this cluttered apartment is dimly lit. To the right of the entryway is a small kitchen, where an older male halfling is preparing food while assisting two adolescents doing schoolwork at the table. To the left of the entryway is a common area, full of worn but comfortable-looking furniture. A heavy, wracking cough echoes from deeper in the apartment.

Senndi’s extended family—maternal grandparents, two uncles, and several cousins, all of which are halflings— lives in the apartment. A close friend of his mother’s is staying temporarily to help during her illness. The coughing comes from Senndi’s mother, in the back room.

The older male looks up and frowns as the large group of Starfinders enters. "Senndi? Who is this?" He nods to the group. The little boy looks down at his feet and shuffles them. "They were asking around about the augmentations and broke into that clinic. I thought they could help mom." The older man begins to scold the child.

DC 14 Culture:
You know that augmentations are stigmatized in halfling community; in the halfling family-centered culture, an ill halfling should be tended to by friends and family. Seeking out serious medical interventions like augmentation forces the acknowledgement that family and some good poultry soup can’t cure all ills, and most halflings flinch at that thought.

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

With a sinking heart, Remi remembers the news about people going missing. She anxiously follows the halfling child, and speaks telepathically to her teammates, {I have a bad feeling about this.} She then looks around at the gathered family.

Culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Remi speaks gently to the halfling man, “Please don’t scold Senndi too much. He is really worried about his mother. I can see that you all care for each other very well here. You do your family proud. But now that the situation is like this, we all want what’s best for her, don’t we? Could you let us take a look? We might be able to help.”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

"Yes, I have some experience with these type of augmentations and it would go against my code to not attempt to fix whatever problem those people created." Drift adds showing his business card to the man.

Profession (Biotechnician): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Hello, family of my new friend! We have come to offer our assistance!" Zez'ka exclaims. "It is true, that we were looking for information about the Renew-You Clinic, but helping a friend in need is much more important!"

Zez'ka twitches her antennae at the halflings. "Please, may we offer you the help?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Dark Archive

Will give it a little longer to see if anyone else has a diplomacy roll.

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

Appreciated!

"Even the strongest among us cannot carry all burdens alone. There is no shame in accepting limits and seeking help, and still less in accepting that help when it is freely offered."

Diplomacy (Expertise): 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 7 + (2) = 29

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:22/28, HP:24/24, RP:5/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

My calculations state that the renew you was 100% the right place. I calculate the odds of saving his mother are great.

Dark Archive

The older man grabs the child halfling and hugs him close to his chest. "My name is Hermot." The family seems to relax enough to talk with Xenal's kind words giving him strength.

"My wife, Maija-" He nods to the back room as a wracking cough cuts him off. "-damaged her lungs working long hours in the chemical plant. she needed a variation of a respirator compounder to continue providing for her family. An family acquaintance, well known in the halfling community, talked us into seeking out a biotech augmentation, which would be less obvious than standard cybernetics. As it happened, this acquaintance had recently received his own augmentation—a high-density datajack—from the Renew-You clinic. This friend claimed his graft had taken almost immediately, without problems or scarring, and he had returned to work just days afterward."

A shorter female halfling steps into the room. "I am Maija's friend, Tanit, and have been helping take care of her. I took her to the Renew-You clinic 2 weeks ago. A shirren male-female couple operated the clinic. The male, whose name was Vrisken, explained the procedure and booked the appointment. According to Vrisken, his partner had personally crafted the augmentation with components from “a new source” that would enable rapid recovery. The female shirren performed the operation-" Tanit thinks for a moment. "-I saw her for only a moment. Can't remember her name. Maija’s operation took less than an hour and that Maija was back to work in 2 days."

DC 18 Medicine:
You know that such a complex operation—adding an augmentation to support a failing organ—should have taken hours, and without magical aid Maija’s recovery should have taken weeks.

Tanit continues " Unfortunately, Maija began feeling ill again 5 days ago. I went to the clinic to ask about follow-up care but found it closed down." Hermot speaks up as he pats his son's head. "We were unable to afford another doctor, Maija has been bedridden at home for the past 3 days."

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"This is not good at all. We need to find our target AND help Maija now. Team, can we track Vrisken? Finding him may be the best may to help her."

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh, no! Do you not know how to heal her, Dr. Drix?" Zez'ka asks. "Worried! If not, I would like to bring her right to a clinic that can tend to her illness and remove the augmentation. I have some money to cover the expenses. Once she is seen to, we can attempt to find these shirren." Zez'ka's antennae twitch. "The health of my new friend is very important!"

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

Donovan stands in the back of the room and observes the scene. He is obviously sad but unable to help as he is neither diplomatic not well versed in the field of medicine. But this sounds very strange and suspicious.

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Remi shakes her head in concern. “It’s worrying that the clinic was able to shut down so quickly. But this shirren couple does seem to be the key, both to our investigation and to figure out how to help Maija.” She turns to Hermot. “Do you know what happened to that acquaintance who recommended Renew-You? Did he also get sick?”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:22/28, HP:24/24, RP:5/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

medicine aid remi: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

"That does all sound too good to be true. We would very much appreciate speaking to your acquaintance."

Dark Archive

Zez'ka wrote:
I would like to bring her right to a clinic that can tend to her illness and remove the augmentation. I have some money to cover the expenses. Once she is seen to, we can attempt to find these shirren."

The family gasps as the children look hopeful. Hermot looks down to them, a confused look on his face as his mind wraps around the morale dilemma of getting the children's hope up. He tries to remain calm and humble, though you can still hear a bit of shock and excitement in his voice. "We couldn't possibly ask you for something like that."

It would cost 250 credits. Are you good with that?

Xenal wrote:
"That does all sound too good to be true. We would very much appreciate speaking to your acquaintance."

Hermot turns to Xenal. Shenge is the halfling that recommended us to the biotech. He is a bit of a "Shady Figure" who nonetheless supports the local halfling community. Shenge has contacts in the gang underworld as well as the Freemarkets. He has a place in the nearby worker's lodging camp."

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

"Then let us go to this man ... Shenge! We hope to be able to help you through our mission." Donovan says with some relief that they can leave this place now and have a path to follow.

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Remi finds the hope-filled gazes of the children impossible to resist. She speaks into the minds of her colleagues, {I too think we should take her to proper medical treatment. What happened to this halfling woman is not our direct responsibility, but what else can these people do?}

I'm willing to pay a portion of the hospital fees.

Aloud, she adds, "Right, then we should talk to Shenge next. We'll do our best to figure out what is happening."

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

I have 220 credits to contribute now, and can take the last 30 out of my credits at the end of this scenario (or Remi can cover the 30 credits Im'm short). I'm definitely okay with that.

Zez'ka smiles at the halflings. "It is no trouble! You are the 'new friends'! I am overjoyed to help! HAPPY!"

Zez'ka sees to the care of the poor woman, and then is ready to move on to find this Shenge fellow.

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

Donovan is usually not the type of person to assist strangers but with Zez'ka leading the way he seems to be moved.

"I ... I could contribute credits, too! Zez'ka ... you should not carry the burden alone so let us share!" he says still a little undecided if this was the right decision.

Dark Archive

Just let me what each is donating so Far I have:
Zez'ka -220 credits
Remi -30 credits

Hermot smiles as the credits for the procedure are transferred into his account. He clasps each of you by the hands. "Thank you so much." Tears well in his eyes. He turns and digs through a drawer. "We don't own much but here is a token of our eternal gratitude." He pours three items into your hands.

  • Merciful fusion seal (5th)
    Falcon boots
  • Bright gemstone worth 150 credits.

*****

Departing you head towards Lodging Camp 66, a nearby workers’ lodging camp.

Located on a half hour away from Maija’s apartment, Lodging Camp 66 is one of several scattered camps throughout Absalom Station that provides basic housing for those unable to pay the heightened rates for proper station housing. The area contains several lodgings, and Shenge resides in a small housing unit adjacent to a public restroom.

Foot traffic is low in this neighborhood, and most of the roughly dressed citizens ignore newcomers and expect to be ignored in return. Short halls connect several basic square lodging units together in simple patterns, while exterior areas with open tables and chairs act as communal gathering points. Few people walk the dirty streets here, and many of the doors are unnumbered with multiple locks installed.

The lodging camp is in a worse part of town. While Maija lived in a predominantly halfling area, this neighborhood is more mixed species. As you inquire with locals about Shenge, most people rebuff the inquiries, having no knowledge of Shenge. The only people who speak up are Shenge’s immediate neighbors, who complain about a rank odor that wafts in and out of the area.

You head into the squat stacked apartment. This area contains six single-occupant dwellings crammed together. Each space is a ten-foot-cube chamber with a single door. Some of the chambers have armored windows, though
each of these is covered by posters or shaded over by crude spray paint. A communal restroom unit is located near the center of the accommodations. The sealed entrance to one of the dwellings bears a battered nameplate that reads “Shenge. No solicitors.”

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male
GM Tyranius wrote:

Just let me what each is donating so Far I have:

Zez'ka -220 credits
Remi -30 credits

Donovan will share with Zez'ka so 110 credits from him.

Donovan will knock at the door of Shenge. If nobody opens the door he will try to open it with his engineering kit.

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

51 to 100 of 316 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius The Half-Alive Streets (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.