GM Tyranius The Half-Alive Streets (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map


1 to 50 of 316 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Dot in here.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:28/28, HP:24/24, RP:4/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

Reporting for duty

Dark Archive

You all gather at Absalom Station within the Lorespire Complex, where Venture-Captain Arvin has contacted them with a mission.

A large vesk in a muscle shirt sits at a table in the small reception room, messily consuming the various laid-out refreshments. Venture- Captain Arvin stands on the opposite side of the table, visibly annoyed at the vesk, and turns toward the arriving Starfinders with some relief. “Thank you for your quick response. Some new technology has come to the Society’s attention”—the vesk clears his throat loudly, and Arvin’s eyebrow twitches in irritation—“from our… contact Julzakama. If you would…”

The vesk, Julzakama, stands, pulling a battered gym bag out from under the table. “Feast your eyes on this little gemling.” He reaches into the bag and removes what appears to be a severed human hand. Julzakama waves the limb then offers it to Arvin to shake.

Arvin declines the offered limb, rubbing his temples, and explains. “As you might have guessed, this is a prosthetic limb. It’s a standard cybernetic augmentation, but this one was made with a new type of biotech, so well grafted that it’s almost undetectable without magic. Its special features are just as well hidden.”[b] Arvin takes the hand from Julzakama to demonstrate a nearly invisible compartment large enough to conceal a knife, several data drives, or a small toolkit. [b]“Such technology would be invaluable for covert and diplomatic operations, and the Society would like to find the specialist who crafted and installed it. But therein lies the difficulty. Julzakama, if you could explain the… circumstances of this discovery?”

Julzakama holds up his hands, saying, “Now, I wasn’t personally involved. Some vesk workers known to some of my customers got in a territorial dispute with some manlings. Stuff happened, one of these guys turned his winnings over to my customer to settle a bet, and here we are.” Julzakama gestures at the hand, smiling ingratiatingly, and continues, “I thought you Starfinders might be interested.”

“Indeed, we are.” Arvin folds his hands behind his back. “Julzakama tells me that his acquaintances’ rivals had been known to acquire their gear from gray-market operations in the Freemarkets. As that is our only lead so far, I’d like you to investigate the area; even if none of the listed clinics are the source, they may have more information on who is.”

Venture-Captain Arvin looks to you all "Questions?"

***

Tiered checks below concerning what you might know of the Freemarkets.

DC 10+ Culture or Diplomacy:
The Freemarkets are the Ring’s open-air retail space, where small businesses of all sorts showcase their products and services. AbadarCorp sponsors the area; the corporation’s religious doctrine mandates that they encourage the growth of free enterprise. It’s relatively easy to get a business permit, so many entrepreneurs get their start there.

DC 15+ Culture or Diplomacy:
Most of the Freemarkets’ businesses are temporary operations, working out of stalls or carts. The most successful make enough of a profit to secure permanent stores or are acquired by larger corporations. Some manage to hold their spots in the Freemarkets long-term, while the failures melt away.

DC 20+ Culture or Diplomacy:
While the majority of businesses in the Freemarkets are legitimate enterprises, fly-by-night operations and scam artists take advantage of regulation loopholes. If caught and shut down, they simply lie low for a time and then acquire new permits under false identities.

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

A shirrin clacks her mandibles in excitement. "A mission? Exciting!" As her antennae twitch she looks very happy. "New biotechnology? Curious!"

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Zez'ka nods. "The Freemarkets? How exciting!"

She turns to her fellow Starfinders and explains, "The Freemarkets are the Ring’s open-air retail space, where small businesses of all sorts showcase their products and services! FUN!" she claps her hands in excitement. "AbadarCorp sponsors the area; the corporation’s religious doctrine mandates that they encourage the growth of free enterprise. It’s relatively easy to get a business permit, so many entrepreneurs get their start there. Lucky! Most of the Freemarkets’ businesses are temporary operations, working out of stalls or carts. The most successful make enough of a profit to secure permanent stores or are acquired by larger corporations. Some manage to hold their spots in the Freemarkets long-term, while the failures melt away." Her antenna quiver and droop. "Sad!" She exclaims.

Then they twitch and stick straight up in the air. "While the majority of businesses in the Freemarkets are legitimate enterprises, fly-by-night operations and scam artists take advantage of regulation loopholes. If caught and shut down, they simply lie low for a time and then acquire new permits under false identities." Zez'ka laughs merrily and waggles her finger through the air, as if scolding a wayward business. "Naughty!"

Looking at Venture-Captain Arvin, she asks, "Does the biotech have any markings that might help us identify it's creators? A special signature or frequency, perhaps? Curious!"

Looking back at her fellow Starfinders, the shirred exclaims. "I am Zez'ka. I am very excited for this mission! But my last mission was terribly difficult! Sad! Suspenseful! SAD!" Her antenna droop in mourning. "I hope this one involves less death and tears. Hopeful!" Her antennae twitch and quiver in the air. "Who are all of you? I desire to befriend you! Curious! Hopeful!"

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

A Lashunta wearing armor and a longsword looks at all of you with a slightly timid look on his face.

He starts to speak slowly "He ... Hello ... I ... I am Donovan Borde. Zez'ka and I just came from a horrifying mission and I hope this mission involves less aliens that want to eat us."

His eyes go down to his shoes and he continues "I ... I am a warrior. But I definitely know something about technology and science, too!"

He then steps back and sighs "I ... I am just happy that I did not oversleep and am really attending this meeting."

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka's mandibles clack happily, and she claps her hands. "Donovan! Many greetings! Happy!" She rubs her antennae all over his face in greeting. "Joy!"

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Remi settles gracefully into a seat, eyeing the vesk cautiously with her guard up. Something seems a little off about him. When the Venture-Captain introduces him, she raises her eyebrows slightly. Ah, I have not heard good things about this one.

She recoils when he pulls out an arm, but sighs in relief when he explains that it's a prosthetic limb. "Oh, of course," she says, and coughs gently to cover her embarrassment. She leans forward as they describe the situation, becoming intrigued in spite of herself.

Culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

She nods along with Zez'ka's explanation of the Freemarkets. Although this shirren is a little more high-strung than Remi is used to, all the info seems to be correct. Her fellow lashunta seems to be almost of the opposite personality, and Remi tries to hide a small smile when Zez'ka gets up in his face. "And I am Remi," she adds simply.

To the Venture-Captain, she asks, "Should we go there openly as Starfinders, or are you hoping this will be more of a covert information-gathering mission?"

Exo-Guardians

Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

Xenal gives a broad, but close-mouthed grin as she greets her new allies, "I am sure that with a band this mighty, we should be able to avoid any tragedies."

As she listens to Zez'ka's assessment of the Freemarkets though, her certainty dims somewhat. "Greed can make monsters out of the most unassuming creature. How likely is it that AbadarCorp will be involved?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

The doctor walks in to the meeting wearing his typical black medical fatigues loaded with various kits to handle any situation. He follows along to the briefing intently and sometimes can be seen muttering under his breath as if taking notes.

As he is about to ask questions Zez'ka speaks up and the information causes a smile to creep up one side of his face.

"Impressive amount of knowledge. I avoid the business-end but biotech is one of my specialties I offer patients. I second the question on if we have knowledge of the manufacturers mark." Mavrik adds in as he steps forward. He thinks for a moment and lets out a small laugh before continuing.

"My apologies, I am Dr. Mavrik Drix although my close associates end up calling me Drift."

Dark Archive

Zes'ka wrote:
"Does the biotech have any markings that might help us identify it's creators? A special signature or frequency, perhaps? Curious!"

“They work by modifying DNA and integrating biological components to improve existing functions or add entirely new abilities. They’re similar to cybernetics that you’ve likely seen used throughout the Pact Worlds and some can mimic standard technological enhancements. I’ve never seen any as well concealed as this, however. Unfortunately, each biotech implant is customized to its recipient’s physiology and genetic structure, so we can’t simply transfer this one to someone else. This customization also makes it extremely difficult to reverse-engineer. If we want Starfinders to have access to such augmentations, we need to find whoever created them.”

Remi wrote:
"Should we go there openly as Starfinders, or are you hoping this will be more of a covert information-gathering mission?"

"There is no need for covert on this mission. Be as open or covert as you wish." Arvin looks to the vesk wiggling the arm around in annoyance. "Just complete it quickly."

Xenal wrote:
How likely is it that AbadarCorp will be involved?"

“I doubt they’re involved directly with the augmentations, or they’d be running an advertising campaign. The church sponsors the Freemarkets out of the belief that expanding the free market expands their views of civilization. They do regulate the markets and conduct inspections, so their records may be a reliable source of information.” Venture-Captain Arvin shifts. "If you have any connections within AbadarCorps. Now would be the time to use them."

With the extensive knowledge of the Freemarkets VC Arvin adds.“If I recall correctly, there’s a directory of businesses near the entrance that’s updated monthly; you could check that for augmentation clinics. The Markets have a high turnover rate, though; businesses open and close all the time. It might be worth your time to check with the Markets’ AbadarCorp representatives for an updated list of operating permits.”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:28/28, HP:24/24, RP:4/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

Guys, if he knew all the answers they would be sending us. Though I'd like to know where we should start our investigation.

Exo-Guardians

Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

Xenal looks pleased that they're unlikely to be going up directly against AbadarCorp. When she speaks she's visibly enunciating carefully to avoid any atypical sibilance in her speech.

"So our villains are to be unscrupulous entrepreneurs, or buyers who are more aggressive than us. Worthy enough foes given the good we can do with such technology.

"The directory should be a reasonable enough place to begin, Data."

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

"The directory sounds like the easiest place to start, although I would like to check with the AbadarCorp representatives as well. I have worked with them in the past and think I could get someone there to cooperate, especially if it is fine to be open about who I am."

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka regards her fellows. Her mandibles click excitedly and her antennae twitch. "Oh, greetings, Remi! Greetings, Xenal! Greetings, Dr. Mavrik Drix! May I call you, Drift? I would enjoy being one of your close associates! Greetings, Z Data Z!" She claps her hands. "Oh, new companions! HAPPY! EXCITED!"

At hearing Remi's plan, Zez'ka nods rapidly. "Oh, yes, I like this plan. A fine suggestion! I will read the directory, and then I will think about the directory, and then I will choose a place to visit first! Ohhhh! Delightful!" she squeals with anticipation. "EXCITING! ANTICIPATION!"

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

"Yes, then let us move on! Or ... or not? Well, you lead and ... and I follow." Donovan says with some doubt in his voice.

Dark Archive

Gilded doors separate the Freemarkets from the previous station sector. The entrance area contains a sizable shrine to Abadar to the right; to the left, an office issues permits, takes complaints, and receives petitions. Through the entry zone, a giant signboard with a directory of businesses offers onlookers a way to locate their desired merchandise.

The walkways are laid out in an orderly manner, with lifts and staircases at regular intervals leading to the Markets’ three retail levels. Kiosks sporting AbadarCorp logos offer carts for rent and advertise delivery services. Other businesses promote themselves in a riot of lights, music, and recorded ad pitches. Businesses are not grouped by type; food stalls operate next to jewelry stores, and specialists repair high-end electronics next to secondhand clothing racks.

Examining the directory board, there are five business names that appear to be biotech-related: BioBoost, the Cytech Clinic, Metagenesis, Renew- You, and Synthathesia.

Looking around the level there are a few businesses as well. Second Time Around Pawnshop, the Hard as Nails Barbershop and the Many Petals Cafe.

Remi:
Walking along the boardwalk a well-dressed shirren that looks a lot like the AbadarCorp representative Philt that was on Akiton. He looks to be peering into several shops himself.

Exo-Guardians

Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

"Anyone who could come up with the name Synthathesia has to know something worthwhile. Let's try there first."

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka looks supremely excited as she enters the Freemarkets and sees all that is on offer.

"Oh, dear! Oh, my! Oh, YAY!" She claps her hands and exclaims, "EXCITING!"

She looks left, and looks right, and looks UP, and claps her hands again. "Oh, I will certainly return her when I am no longer on mission! This will be a lovely place to explore! So many places and sights and sounds! What would I do first?!" she squeals in delight at the thought.

With a twitch of her antennae, she heads over to the directory and reads it. "Oh, yes! Five places! FIVE CHOICES!" she repeats the names to herself over and over, clearly trying to decide which to go to first.

"Oh, Xenal, Synthathesia is such a lovely, elaborate name! I desire to go there first as well! And then to... BioBoost! Yes! This will be quite fun! Anticipation! Joy!"

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

Drift nods to Zez'ka, "Please do call me Drift. I am glad to be grouped with someone so enthusiastic for the mission. Let us proceed!"

---

The doctor reviews the directory of businesses looking for familiar names and laughing a bit at the more ridiculous clinics.

"I wouldn't doubt that assumption, Xenal. Companies that resort to puns and infomercials typically would deal in less than reputable sources." he says with sarcastic tone while following the group to their destination unless there are other opinions.

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

"We can go wherever you want. I will follow Zez'ka."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:28/28, HP:24/24, RP:4/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

Um, actually I vote we travel to the closest place, then move on to the next closest, backtracking as little as possible to save time.

Dark Archive

Gathering the information the group looks for directions and heads out to find Synthathesia. Approaching the building the Starfinders find it to be abandoned. Synthathesia is taped off, with an official Freemarkets sign saying it is under investigation for suspected illegal drug sales. Another sign, from Absalom Station’s public health department, requests that any former customers contact them. Several fliers promising inexpensive legal aid in personal-injury cases or criminal defense have been taped to the building.

DC 12 Diplomacy (Gather Information):
Speaking with a few of the locals you find out that there is in fact on ongoing drug investigation and the shop itself never dealt with any augmentations.

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh, my! How unfortunate! I wonder what the locals have to say..." With a clap of her hands she exclaims, "CURIOUS!" Then she wanders off to begin making new friends and asking prying questions...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Oh, yes! Thank you for your assistance, friends!"

Zez'ka's antennae twitch and quiver with glee. She returns to her companions and exclaims, "Everyone is so nice and helpful here! I have made many talkative friends who shared much of the gossip!" She throws her arms in the air and shrieks, "HAPPY!"

"Some of my new friends have informed me that there is an ongoing drug investigation into this business. Fortunately for us, they have never dealt in any augmentations! This is not the makers of the remarkable hand!"

She claps her hands and asks the others, "May we go to BioBoost next? I so enjoy their name! I, too, could use a boost of the bio!"

Exo-Guardians

Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

"BioBoost it is then. I just hope they didn't also merit imprisonment..."

Dark Archive

A little further down the walk way is a much different storefront. One that is actually open! Bioboost is well lit and a muscular human female stands at the counter. Dozens of bottles of supplements line the shelves.

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

As the group moves on to investigate the shops, Remi catches sight of someone she recognizes, windowshopping near the entrance. "Go on ahead, I'll catch up in a minute," she tells the group, and approaches the shirren with a wave and a cheerful greeting. "Philt! It's good to see you again! I hope business is going well, and AbadarCorp is still thriving on Akiton."

When she gets closer, she switches to speaking telepathically. {I have a favor to ask, actually. We're looking for someone in this area who is producing some above-average quality biotech. Do you have any leads for who that might be?} She looks at Philt hopefully.

Sorry for the delay, the site has been going down every time I've tried to post since yesterday :/

Dark Archive

Philt continues with the telepathy. {"Ah Remi! I see you are doing a bit better than I last saw you."} Philt looks over Remi's shoulder. {"Biotech huh?"} The shirren points to the board. {"That directory is a bit outdated. Only three of the clinics listed (BioBoost, the Cytech Clinic, and Metagenesis) have current permits."}

Philt pulls out his tablet and and flips through a couple of pages. {"Interesting... I must admit I am investigating a number of customers who have disappeared in the past two weeks. Seems the missing people had biotech augmentations installed recently."}

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Remi raises her eyebrows. {I see! That certainly sounds suspicious. Thank you for letting me know.}

She sends a quick message to Zez'ka, whose name was most memorable among her new teammates so it comes to mind first. "Hey guys, we should focus on the places called BioBoost, Cytech Clinic, and Metagenesis first. I'll meet you at BioBoost. And stay alert - I have a report that people might have been going missing recently." She signs off and smiles brightly at the shirren. {Thanks again, Philt!}

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:28/28, HP:24/24, RP:4/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

Why those places first? What leads you to suspect them more than the others?

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka's antennae quiver happily.

[b]"Oh, delightful! Perhaps, this is the correct one! Hopeful! Oh! Missing citizens? How horrible! SAD! I will be alert for these citizen snatchers!"

Zez'ka wanders into BioBoost and approaches the muscular woman.

"Hello, muscular woman! I am Zez'ka! I am here seeking your friendship and information about augmentations! Have you anything to share? Curious!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Exo-Guardians

Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (3) = 16

Xenal attempts to smooth over Zez'ka's introduction, "Please forgive my friend, she really enjoys shopping. We have heard that you might have some very interesting augmentations, though."

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

Donovan would like to say something but he knows that this is going to backfire. Zez'ka tried too and see what happened. No, better to stay silent.

Dark Archive

Outside Philt reaches out a clawed hand for Remi's arm. {"You help us we help you."} He hands an AbadarCorp Insignia. {"This will give you a bit of temporary authorization."}

The insignia provides a +5 bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks involving people associated with the Freemarkets.

***

Inside the muscular woman looks annoyed at Xenal and Zez'ka. Her nameplate says Isidre imprinted on it, though nowhere near evenly centered. She takes up a slightly supercilious tone. "We provide customers with the means to improve their bodies through hard work and discipline, not “shortcuts” like augmentations." She rolls her eyes and points to the bottles of supplements.

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka's antennae twitch. "Oh, that sounds delightful! This is your boost of the bio? Very natural! I enjoy your shop Friend Isidre!"

Then she looks around and spends a good amount of time reading bottles of supplements. She's clearly attempting to make a purchase, but is far too busy being astounded by the sheer number of options available.

She continues to read bottles and squeal in glee over them until either Isildre helps her make a purchase, or her companions hustle her on to the next location...

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Remi sighs slightly at the android's question. Always having to explain herself. Can't be helped. She answers, "Those three are the clinics that actually have permits in the Freemarkets right now. The others aren't open - the directory is out of date."

She pauses when Philt extends her one additional piece of assistance. {Well, in that case, it's been a pleasure doing business with you.} She flashes a winning smile and takes her leave.

***

Remi catches up with the group at BioBoost, though they look about ready to leave. She shows the AbadarCorp insignia to the others, and lets them know, {Here, we can flash this if we need to get people to talk around the markets. Seems useful.}

Dark Archive

  • BioBoost
  • Cytech Clinic
  • Metagenesis
  • Renew- You
  • Synthathesia

  • Second Time Around Pawnshop
  • Hard as Nails Barbershop
  • Many Petals Cafe

Dark Archive

What next?

Exo-Guardians

Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 24/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/4

Xenal gives a close-mouthed grin to Isidre, "Our apologies for troubling you. Good fortune in your endeavors."

Departing, she adds to her companions, "Perhaps CyTech will have a more integrated view of bodily health?"

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 5 | SP 27/35 HP 27/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 +4 from mobility | Fort +2 Ref +9 Will +6 (+2 vs. poison/disease) | Init +7 Perc +12 darkvision 60ft | Speed 40 ft | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: none

"Sure, let's try CyTech next. At least they have 'tech' in their name, that sounds promising."

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

"Rather rude shop-keep in that last store. Augments are an excellent way to boost ones body. Surely CyTech will be more apt to endorse the use but they may lean more towards the technological side, shall we see?"

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka sees her companions leaving and hurries out after them.

Sounds good!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 4: Speed:25, Init:1, SP:28/28, HP:24/24, RP:4/5, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:4, Perc:3

Data responds to Remi, somewhere along the way as they are traveling, but not when in a building They have permits, meaning they are more credible. The ones doing stuff illegally is the ones we should be worried about. If those other places are not open, it might be that way for a reason. Put this way, an unlicensed driver can still drive a car. You can sell liquor without a license. You can hunt and fish without a license. It's not legal, not safe, and the wrong thing to do, but those determined to undermine the government will do it, and there are people who do that stuff.
He then takes a deep breath, that is if Androids breathe at all. Question everything, don't count out corruption as a possibility, and corruption likes to be as sneaky as possible. I find it odd that since those three places are suppose to be famous yet he don't know where the part came from.

Dark Archive

The Cytech Clinic seems a bit cleaner, and friendlier as a clean shaven man stands behind the counter. He beams as customers enter. "Welcome. Looking for a particular cybernetic augmentations today? Please use a computer terminal to schedule augmentation surgeries, though the next available appointments are several weeks away I a afraid."

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Good afternoon sir. I myself work in biotech but was curious on the available cybernetic options available or if you even had some biotech yourself. Specifically if you had any special options for discerning customers?" says Drift with a smile and laying down the insignia the group was given.

Dark Archive

The man looks a small bit confused. Sorry. We only deal in cybernetic augmentations. No biotech here. You might want to try Metagenesis or Renew-You."

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"And so the plot thickens!" Zez'ka exclaims suddenly. Her antenna twitch in excitement. "FUN! Let us try.... Metagenesis!"

Dark Archive

Zez'ka rushes over to Metagenesis since it is a few stores down. A bright and dazzling screen flashes within. Metagenesis focuses on broad-spectrum biotech augmentations, such as chameleon skin and gill sheaths, and personal upgrades that boost general performance. The owner, a verthani named Chryson sits behind the counter in a comfortable well-worn chair.

Exo-Guardians

Shirren Spacefarer Operative 2 | SP: 18/18, HP: 18/18, RP: 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, CMD 24 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1* R:+6 W:+4 | Init +4 | Perc +7, Bluff/Intim -1, Diplomacy +3, SM +7 | Acrobatics +12, Athletics +9, Computers +6, Culture +8, Life Sc. +4, Physical Sc.+6, Piloting +8, SoH +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Communalism 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zez'ka's mandible schitter in excitement. She leaps on the counter and exclaims, "Greetings, interesting stranger! I am very excited to be trying to make a friend of you!" She claps her hands happily. "I am Zez'ka, and we are here seeking information of great importance! But first, might I ask your name? I delight in making the new acquaintances! Curious! Excited!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

"Greetings, Chryson! It is my pleasure to be meeting you! I hope that your family and friends are well, and your life is pleasant!"

Exo-Guardians

Lashunta (Korasha) Soldier (Arcane Assailant) 1 | Stamina 7/7 HP 3/11 Resolve 1/5 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | CMB +5 CMD 23 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none | N Male

"Yes, we believe that personal upgrades to boost general performance is a good thing. When I can afford it I would do that, too. You have chosen a good place to work." Donovan says a little unsure if these were the right words.

diplomacy : 1d20 ⇒ 18

1 to 50 of 316 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius The Half-Alive Streets (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.