GM Tyranius Dead Suns AP (Starfinder)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Sunrise Maiden
Space Loot


3,501 to 3,550 of 4,079 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

The Sunrise Maiden is a medium explorer with a crew of 1-6. the Singularity was a large destroyer with a crew of 6-20. It is a bit hard to visualize, especially when it is the same size on the map regardless of a tiny fighter and a huge cruiser.


Abe shrugs, "I suppose if we board it as The Zane suggests, we might learn something from their ships logs. They may have loot in their hold we can take as well."

"That said, I'm fine blowing them out of the sky too."


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Abe agrees with The Zane. That certainly means that Team Blood and Fury are boarding those cult screw heads.
The Zane is looking forward to doing a scenic underwear Vidpic where the Singularity has a big honking hole into space.
Scenic Underwear VidPics are the bomb!


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

Vetch looks around and shrugs.

"You want me to stay aboard again, Spacepants?"


Android | EAC 27 KAC 28 | STA 86 HP 57 RES 11/11 | F +5 R +10 W +7 | Initiative +12 | Perc. +10 | Sense Motive +1

Computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Dash glances at the computers, but can’t get the visual of Zane’s selfie out of his head.

”Holy sh!t do I need a forget spell right now.”

At Vetch’s question he considers which scenario would be safest for the Maiden. He shakes his head. ”Grab a to go cup, because you’re going this time.”

Dark Archive

Vetch pilots the Maiden alongside the incapacitated Singularity where Abe is able to override its cargo bay airlock locks.

New map posted.


Abe examines the ship as they board, "This could be a fine upgrade for us you know. Move up in size a bit. We're stretched pretty thin as it is, and we're going to lose the cargo bay eventually to another power supply - and then have no where to put our spare blenders..."

"It would take a lot of work, but we could transfer over a lot from the 'Maiden. We'd need to hire some crew though. This thing takes more folks than we have at the moment, but I've always thought it would be good to have a crew at the ship keeping things in order while we're out." he tries not to think of the sticky goo slowly accumulating on every console, let alone the floor. "So maybe let's not kill everyone we meet. Huh?"

He readies his weapon, checks Messalina's camera position, and is ready. "Shall I open the inner door?" He does so when everyone is ready. He's excited to see the interior of the vessel.


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

Vetch grabs his gear and readies for the boarding party.

"Are you sure we didn't just want to nuke this from space? Just to be sure?" Vetch wonders what remains of the space cult within.

"After you guys." Vetch draws his fully charged disintigrator and waits.


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!
Dash wrote:
”Holy sh!t do I need a forget spell right now.”

To which Zane replies, Whoa, now. The Zane isn't going commando in The Freebooter Armor . Although some call it "free ballin'" in the Freebooter.

Nah, It's a Scenic UNDERWEAR vidpic. The Zane's sporting his Good Morning GlipGlorp Boxer Briefs for this excursion.

Who's joining in on the vidpic in front of the vaccuum to space?
********
Zane works with Draka to walk in through the inner door. If there's nothing to take prisoner or shoot at, Zane will continue on with descriptions of other places he's taken amazing Scenic Underwear vids.

Dark Archive

Abe opens the door to the massive cargo bay. Viscera and blood cling to the surface of the floor as a large pool seems to trail off to the north. Every light in the ship is out except for the emergency lighting which leaves a dim yellow hue illuminating the darkness. Backup power seems to be powering most of the systems but for how long? A sharp his is heard as sparks leap from one of the nearby panels for a brief moment.


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

Zane has dark vision, to help with the low light. I've also moved Zane.


Abe too has darkvision as he creeps into the room behind The Zane. He lines up facing the door as Messalina, hovering just 5' up, and also with darkvision, looks into the cargo bay a little.

Abe Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Messalina Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

Vetch moves up quietly, using his darkvision (60 ft.) to try to find places to skitter out of sight.

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35 Stealth

Can’t move on map now, but moving to the first box, but *The* Zane.


Android | EAC 27 KAC 28 | STA 86 HP 57 RES 11/11 | F +5 R +10 W +7 | Initiative +12 | Perc. +10 | Sense Motive +1

”Ok, listen to Abe everyone. We want someone to interrogate. And maybe press into service to clean the toilets.”

Dash manipulates some photons to render himself invisible, then takes point to scout ahead.

Dark Archive

Turning invisible Dash opens the door. Just as he does a dull thump is heard on the level above. This door leads to the lower bridge as well as the hover lift. The trail of blood leads to a body, lying eviscerated in the middle of the hallway. The crew members entrails smeared and strung up along the walls like Christmas decorations.

A small series of light blink on the console on this smaller lower bridge. The computer system still seems to be online as the series of screens on the monitor show various cameras all throughout the vessel. On the upper level you watch as the Jangly Man appears in rooms, in camera, slowly executing his crew with a long spear that he carries. You watch as he gruesomely pierces skulls, lungs and throats alike as the crew of the Singularity is single-handed killed off before the Jangly Man leaves the view of the cameras.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 Stam 67/67 Resolve 11/11 | EAC 23 (+4 if provoking) | KAC 26 (+4 if provoking) | BAB +9 | Fort +12 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 Fear) | Init +6 | Speed 35 | Acro +14 | Athletics +18 | Intim +13 | Prof +13
Neutral Vesk Solider/9

"Draka could use better closet." The vesk unstraps her swoop hammer and fiddles with her com unit for a minute while her companions discuss strategy.

GM Tyranius wrote:
The crew members entrails smeared and strung up along the walls like Christmas decorations.

"Oh! Draka see they know how decorate." She nods in approval at the artistic liberty that's been taken. "We sure it crew member tho? Look like novik mammoth entrails."

GM Tyranius wrote:
On the upper level you watch as the Jangly Man appears in rooms, in camera, slowly executing his crew with a long spear that he carries. You watch as he gruesomely pierces skulls, lungs and throats alike as the crew of the Singularity is single-handed killed off before the Jangly Man leaves the view of the cameras.

The vesk's appreciation for the 'art' immediately turns to anger. "What he do?! Kill friends? On team ship?! They friend, right? That why on ship?" Draka may be a highly-competitive vidstar, but she has plenty of integrity. She bares her pointy teeth and turns to the next set of doors, flexing and prepared to stomp through and smash. Where robot? Draka looks around for the invisible Dash. The robot, even though just a robot, seems like he always has a plan. Abe designed him well.


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

GM:
@ GM, I moved Zane further along the map. Also, when we get to the section of the ship that we blew a huge hole into, please tell me.


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10
Draka Durotan wrote:
"What he do?! Kill friends? On team ship?! They friend, right? That why on ship?"

Vetch watches the carnage. ”Must be nice to have decisive leadership, right?” he casts a side eye at Dash. ”Well, we should get moving if we want to find survivors.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Abe searches for the ships comm, and broadcasts a warning to any remaining crew, "Be aware, the Jangly Man is killing everyone that moves. Please, if you're not already dead, find a place to hide and do it quickly!"

He looks to the others, "Yeah, this is really messed up right here. Totally messed up..."

He readies his weapon and calls Messalina to the hover lift. "Let's go."


Stats:
HP 73/73 Stam 67/67 Resolve 11/11 | EAC 23 (+4 if provoking) | KAC 26 (+4 if provoking) | BAB +9 | Fort +12 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 Fear) | Init +6 | Speed 35 | Acro +14 | Athletics +18 | Intim +13 | Prof +13
Neutral Vesk Solider/9

Draka sticks close to Abe. (See map.) Ship wizard have mind speak with robot? Draka makes a mental note to ask The Zane about it later. Asking now would ruin the vid.

She looks around with her Swoop Hammer out.

Perception (room The Zane is in): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Dark Archive

The hover lift jerks as if off balance, rising up to the main deck of the ship. Cultist death metal soothing elevator music plays in and out. The hover lift doors open partway at the top. Draka has to grab ahold of them to jerk them open enough for everyone to be able to climb through.

The Zane looks around for the hole in the ship he caused. While several small ones are present the emergency systems seem to be doing their job as they seal the ship for a few precious hours. The larger more evident hole is back near the engine room that took out the engines. Draka and Zane enter the main bridge and look around for any threat. None are present as blood splatter covers the interior. Each of the crew lies dead at their console. None looked as if they took Abe's warning and ran. instead they look to have gleefully accepted their fate as most have an unnerving smile on their face.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

Great rendition of "ManVesk in a Box" on that elevator. Dang, that must have been boosted from a live concert.

As Zane makes his way to the main bridge, he sees the carnage, but isn't interested in this part of the ship as it has the smallest holes. He sees and wants to go to engine room area.
So, he pauses for Abe or Vetch to check out computer things -because they can't just pass by a computer terminal without clicking keys. Missing an opportunity to do some hacking is like counter to their nature.

Then he starts making his way to the Aft of the ship. He has Boingo at the ready to "spring into being" from his quick release glove, but for right now, both hands are free and rummaging through his backpack.

Zane pulls out a bar of soap, because every adventurer always has a bar of soap in their packs.


"Damn, it looks like they enjoyed getting slaughtered. That's foul..."

He casts Token Spell and clears off a keyboard, as The Zane expected. He checks to see if there are any new camera angles from here, and if so, he puts them up on the screen.

Computers: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32

If not, he stands back up, "No new cameras. Let's find this guy before we check the logs. He knows where we are in all likelihood and I'd like to find him before he figures out a way to screw us over."

"We should seal our suits. Might be a loss of atmosphere from all the damage we've done."

He kicks on the oxygen, and seals his suit.

Dark Archive

Abe is unable to find any new camera angles and a few more seem to be out, either from the battle or something took them out.

Abe runs a quick diagnostics and can easily see that the vessel’s power core is essentially damaged beyond repair, rendering the starship useless.

Abe also intercepts a scrambled broadband transmission that was recently sent from the Singularity. It sounds like the Jangly Man's voice.

“Our ship’s been pushed through the Blood Door, boss. The interlopers are tougher than I thought—may the Devourer consume them! I’m sending out a long-distance transmission for more choirs to come, slit their throats, and feast on their remains!”

Not only that but Abe discovers a message within the files. The woman’s voice on it is authoritarian with a hint of an electronic rattle.

“If we can get the last console online, the weapon will be within our grasp, and soon the end of all things will follow. Unfortunately, the control board is shot. Zaz has no idea how to repair it, but Eltreth has told us where to find spares. Take the Singularity and patrol the system in case that Inevitable managed to send for help. Bring some of Malice’s children. I will contact you again to return to the control center when we have the control board.”


Android | EAC 27 KAC 28 | STA 86 HP 57 RES 11/11 | F +5 R +10 W +7 | Initiative +12 | Perc. +10 | Sense Motive +1

”Well, looks like Captain Psychobeard isn’t going to let us make new friends.” Dash‘s voice says from near the vidbanks. ”Gotta say, I’m a little jealous of the loyalty and dedication of his crew. The team really took one for him.”

Upon discovering the transmissions, Dash wonders aloud. ”Looks like he invited company. Abe, can we rework this message from here? Maybe send them in a different direction? Also, are there any other terminals where Jangly could theoretically access cameras up here?”

GM:
Are there functional cameras where we are? Thinking about laying some bait to lure Jangly to us. Maybe a hologram of one of his crew, somehow surviving injuries and crawling to the comm station to betray the Devourer.


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

Vetch doesn’t have much to say, following along.

Sorry for the short post, rushing today to get set to leave for PaizoCon tomorrow.

Dark Archive

@Dash- There are functional cameras in the room. In fact this looks to be the control room so where ever the Jangly man is he doesn't seem to actively be watching you.


Abe nods at his captain, "I dunno, let me see what I can do."

Can I change the signal so it looks like it's coming from somewhere else? Failing that, can I cobble together a new signal from the smattering of recorded commands?

Computers: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27

When he comes across the woman's voice, he shares it with the group, "Sounds like they're making good headway. We should hurry. Not only is another fleet on the way, but we're running out of time to stop them as well."


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

Abe says to hurry, so Zane gets the show on the road.
Zane pokes his head out the control room and into the main hallway.

Yelling HEY JANGLY MAN! HEY NOW! JANGLY MAN.

Zane has now , albeit a bit discouraged, put away the bar of soap and pulled out Bubba. With laser in hand, he will try to shoot the Jangly man dead.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Looks like a couple of you still need to update to level 9

Also keep in mind for distance that each of these squares are 10 feet.

Abe sends the signal out some ways, well away from their actual destination. That should hold off any reinforcements for some time as The Zane begins to yell down the hallway. Zane's voices bounces and reverberates off of the hollow hull.

Though it isn't all without a reward as a door to the far south slides open. A decapitated head rolls slowly out the door and down the hallway some ways as the Jangly Man's foot gives it a good kick with a sickening plopping sound. Thump....thump....thump... the Jangly Mans spear butt bumps against the floor as he slowly walks out into the hallway, his pistol drawn. The head comes to a stop, lifeless eyes staring back at Zane as the tongue hangs loosely from the mouth. Blood and acid coming from the side of it's face. "Are you ready for the end? Do you wish to visit the Blood Door?" The man's dark face smiles eerily in the light.

Init:

Abe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Dash: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Vetch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Zane: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Draka: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Jangly Man: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Shades: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Round 1
Zane (SP 80/80; HP 60/60; RP5/8; DR/5-Cold/Fire; DR/8 Kinetic)
Dash (SP 59/59; HP 45/45; RP 10/10)
Draka (SP 67/67; HP 73/73; RP 10/11)
Abe (SP 63/63; HP 58/58; RP 8/8)(Messalina 90/90)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jangly Man
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Vetch (SP 63/63; HP 56/56; RP 9/9; Elec/Fire/Cold Res 5)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
?????
---------------------------------------------------------------------


Stats:
HP 73/73 Stam 67/67 Resolve 11/11 | EAC 23 (+4 if provoking) | KAC 26 (+4 if provoking) | BAB +9 | Fort +12 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 Fear) | Init +6 | Speed 35 | Acro +14 | Athletics +18 | Intim +13 | Prof +13
Neutral Vesk Solider/9
Aerav Brack Elijea wrote:

"We should seal our suits. Might be a loss of atmosphere from all the damage we've done."

He kicks on the oxygen, and seals his suit.

Draka does the same.

GM Tyranius wrote:
"Are you ready for the end? Do you wish to visit the Blood Door?" The man's dark face smiles eerily in the light.

Round 1:

Draka's no stranger to violence but this Jangly Man was a whole new level of crazy. Still, she double moves to the crazed Jangly Man, Swoop Hammer in claws. Crazy but look frail.


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

Zane looks down the corridor. He knows that Bubba has a good range. About 120 feet. Not a problem in this cramped space.
He takes aim and squeezes off a shot.
Bubba is a bit different than his "old self" as a sniper rifle. This is a Bubba that's more meaty and chunky in the hands.
bubba: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
damage: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 4, 8) + 9 = 29

Jangly -youz crazy coockoo kinda crazy. Normally, Bubba only gets chalk marks for big monsters. In about 24 seconds, You are gonna be a chalk outline on the floor and a chalk mark on Bubba.

Zane advances to get some cover of a corridor.


Round: 1

Status:
EAC: 26 KAC: 27 CM: 35
Resolve: 8/8 Stamina: 63/63 HP: 58/58 (DR 6)
Weapon Equipped = Laser Rifle
Conditions = None
Spells (caster level 9)
At Will = Mending, Holographic Image (2), Token Spell
Psychokinetic Hand = 3/3
Comprehend Languages = 3/3
Tip of the Tongue = 1/1 (re-roll skill to recall knowledge)
Repair Drone = 1/1 (25%/17hp)
Miracle Worker = 1/1
Haste Circuit = 10/10 (swift to haste, swift to shut off)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +6, Dex +4 (weapon focus longarm +1) Damage: +9
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +6, Str +1 Damage: +4
Messalina (5’ up)
EAC: 23 KAC: 23 CM: 31 HP: 90/90
Weapon Equipped = Frostbite zero rifle
Conditions = None
Invisibility Field = 1/1 (10m)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7, Dex +4 (weapon focus: longarms +1) Damage: +9

Abe and Messalina take their shots from quite a ways away, taking advantage of their clear lanes of fire while Messalina moves up a bit into the corridor.
Abe corona laser rifle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 damage(F): 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14
Messalina frostbite zero rifle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 damage(C): 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Sadly, in the excitement, their shots both go a bit wild.

Dark Archive

Dash runs down the long hallway after The Zane. While the large man was used to sprints, Dash certainly was not in the same shape. The Zane pops off a round into the Jangly Man's shoulder. "One day we are all going to be a chalk outline."

Draka and Abe move into position though neither are able to land their shots. The Jangly Man laughs as he calmly moves on. "Will you join me brothers? Let us enter the Blood Door together." The Jangly Man fires his pistol at Draka.

Disintingrator Pistol, Decimator vs Draka EAC 23: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

The spurt of acid covers Draka's scales and begins to melt them together as the Jangly Man ducks back behind cover.

Round 1
Zane (SP 80/80; HP 60/60; RP5/8; DR/5-Cold/Fire; DR/8 Kinetic)
Dash (SP 59/59; HP 45/45; RP 10/10)
Draka (SP 50/67; HP 73/73; RP 10/11)
Abe (SP 63/63; HP 58/58; RP 8/8)(Messalina 90/90)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jangly Man (-29)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Vetch (SP 63/63; HP 56/56; RP 9/9; Elec/Fire/Cold Res 5)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
?????
---------------------------------------------------------------------


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

Round 1

Vetch moves up to be even with Abe. Unable to move on map now, but 30’ down the hall.

”This guy is so nuts, he makes *The* Zane seem well-adjusted,” Vetch whispers to Abe. He ponders shooting his blaster from afar, but realizes that it isn’t the best use of his time.

He variably casts mind thrust, using the highest power he can at the JanglyJerk.

7d10 ⇒ (7, 2, 3, 9, 6, 7, 10) = 44 mental damage, DC 18 will for half

K'Vetchings:

S: 63/63 HP: 56/56 R: 9/9
EAC: 22 KAC: 22 CMD: 27
Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +11
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Right Hand: Empty
Left Hand: Pistol
Mouth: Serum of Healing II, Grenade, Serum Healing I, Shock Grenade I
Spells: 1: 0/7 used (MM*0,Identify*0,RLCond*0,MT1*0)
2: 0/5 used (fogcloud*0,forceblast*0,lsrRest*0,seeinvis*0)
3: 1/4 used (haste*0,slow*0,irradiate*0,tongues*0,mindthrust*1)

Melee: [ dice=Club]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(B)]1d6+3[/dice] damage

Corona Laser Ranged:[ dice]1d20+14[/dice] to hit;
(F): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8 damage
Charge 20/20

Disinitigrator Ranged:[ dice]1d20+14[/dice] to hit;
(A): 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage
Charge 20/20

Casting Magic SpaceMissile as full round action.
[ dice]3d4+3[/dice] damage.

Dark Archive

@Vetch- Your mind Thrust would only have a range of 45 feet-ish at this level.


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

Sorry sorry, you’re right. I think I was just confused because of that fat d20 damage die you used against Draka.

Vetch moves up and casts no spell, scratching his ass, then moves again. Double moving. Will move on map when I get home in a few hours.

Dark Archive

As the Jangly Man's chorus of insanity wanes four of the bodies around the ship begin to wither away into nothing. Their souls twist and wretch as they rise from the bodies. The Jangly Man begins to laugh wildly.

The Shades begin to float with an unseen desire towards the living outsiders.

Blue Incorporeal touch vs Abe EAC 26: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Green Incorporeal touch vs Vetch EAC 22: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Damage (Acid): 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Purple Incorporeal touch vs Zane EAC 20: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Damage (Acid): 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Red Incorporeal touch vs Draka EAC 23: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

Their burning touch passes through Vetch and Zane as it begins to corrode their armor.

Round 2
Zane (SP 72/90; HP 67/67; RP 5/8; DR/5-Cold/Fire; DR/8 Kinetic)
Dash (SP 59/59; HP 45/45; RP 10/10)
Draka (SP 50/67; HP 73/73; RP 10/11)
Abe (SP 63/63; HP 58/58; RP 8/8)(Messalina 90/90)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jangly Man (-29)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Vetch (SP 46/63; HP 56/56; RP 9/9; Elec/Fire/Cold Res 5)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shades
---------------------------------------------------------------------


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

Zane peers around the corner, not seeing the Jangly Man, knowing that the guy is pocketed into a side corridor.

The Zane can't see the guy, but he can still smell crazy and he smells it very strongly.... a bit too strongly as the smell isn't exactly "craziness" but withering bodies and Shades coming at them!

Now, THIS is a combat!
The Zane puts on a strange voice, like he's quoting some vidflick he'd seen running at hours normal people would be sleeping.
Ghost-Dudes! Come out and Play-ya

Dark Archive

@Vetch- Yup that is a fat D20 damage die. :)


Round: 2

Status:
EAC: 26 KAC: 27 CM: 35
Resolve: 8/8 Stamina: 63/63 HP: 58/58 (DR 6)
Weapon Equipped = Laser Rifle
Conditions = None
Spells (caster level 9)
At Will = Mending, Holographic Image (2), Token Spell
Psychokinetic Hand = 3/3
Comprehend Languages = 3/3
Tip of the Tongue = 1/1 (re-roll skill to recall knowledge)
Repair Drone = 1/1 (25%/17hp)
Miracle Worker = 1/1
Haste Circuit = 10/10 (swift to haste, swift to shut off)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +6, Dex +4 (weapon focus longarm +1) Damage: +9
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +6, Str +1 Damage: +4
Messalina (5’ up)
EAC: 23 KAC: 23 CM: 31 HP: 90/90
Weapon Equipped = Frostbite zero rifle
Conditions = None
Invisibility Field = 1/1 (10m)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7, Dex +4 (weapon focus: longarms +1) Damage: +9

Quite displeased at very nearly being touched by the undead, Abe takes a strategic step out of the way and turns to shoot his ghost. Messalina also takes a shot. He hopes his weapons have an effect, or his goose is cooked!

Abe corona laser rifle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 damage(F): 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14
Messalina frostbite zero rifle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 damage(C): 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

"Damn you jangly man!!"


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

What knowledge check for these shades? Assuming Mystic.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 Mysticism

Vetch looks at the creatures, trying to decide the best way to handle them.

DRs? Special attacks? Vulnerabilities?

If he knows anything, he will shout it out.


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

Waiting for Vetch info. That may drop me down in initiative.

Dark Archive

Vetch recognizes these undead as Oblivion Shade Spawn. While not resistant to anything in particular the Shade Spawns are incorporeal. Physical kinetic attacks won't do anything against them and any sort of elemental damage seems to only effect them slightly. (50% damage) They can easily pass through solid surfaces and if killed by a Shade Spawn then the deceased rises up within seconds as one themselves.

Oblivion Shade Spawn:

A kind of incorporeal undead, an oblivion shade comes into existence when an evil being dies in the throes of utter nihilism. With that negativity burning in its heart, the miserable soul rises again as an oblivion shade.

Oblivion shades are animate expressions of entropy, able to disintegrate matter with a touch. Though their bodies melt away to nearly nothing, victims killed by oblivion shades often find their souls twisted, becoming oblivion shade spawn under the thrall of the original undead.

Most oblivion shades embrace devotion to the Devourer. Some function as soldiers of the Star-Eater’s cults, while others act as revered mystics and sages of the most faithful choirs. A few create their own sects by slaughtering innocents to create spawn. These “invisible choirs” are looked upon with fear and awe even by other cultists of the Devourer.


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

Round 2

”Oh man, we are *jacked*,” Vetch 5’ steps back and also shoots at Abe’s (lt. blue) shade, trying to focus fire down the foes quickly. ”Let’s take them down one by one!”

Corona Laser Ranged:1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 4 = 13 to hit;
(F): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7 damage
Charge 18/20

Corona Laser Ranged:1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 4 = 12 to hit;
(F): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9 damage
Charge 16/20

K'Vetchings:

S: 63/63 HP: 56/56 R: 9/9
EAC: 22 KAC: 22 CMD: 27
Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +11
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Right Hand: Empty
Left Hand: Pistol
Mouth: Serum of Healing II, Grenade, Serum Healing I, Shock Grenade I
Spells: 1: 0/7 used (MM*0,Identify*0,RLCond*0,MT1*0)
2: 0/5 used (fogcloud*0,forceblast*0,lsrRest*0,seeinvis*0)
3: 1/4 used (haste*0,slow*0,irradiate*0,tongues*0,mindthrust*1)

Melee: [ dice=Club]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(B)]1d6+3[/dice] damage

Corona Laser Ranged:[ dice]1d20+14[/dice] to hit;
(F): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9 damage
Charge 20/20

Disinitigrator Ranged:[ dice]1d20+14[/dice] to hit;
(A): 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage
Charge 20/20

Casting Magic SpaceMissile as full round action.
[ dice]3d4+3[/dice] damage.


Stats:
HP 73/73 Stam 67/67 Resolve 11/11 | EAC 23 (+4 if provoking) | KAC 26 (+4 if provoking) | BAB +9 | Fort +12 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 Fear) | Init +6 | Speed 35 | Acro +14 | Athletics +18 | Intim +13 | Prof +13
Neutral Vesk Solider/9

Round 2:

GM Tyranius wrote:

As the Jangly Man's chorus of insanity wanes four of the bodies around the ship begin to wither away into nothing. Their souls twist and wretch as they rise from the bodies. The Jangly Man begins to laugh wildly.

The Shades begin to float with an unseen desire towards the living outsiders.

"Fight Draka in real battle!" The vesk snarls her complaint at the retreating Jangly Man. She continues to tromp full speed down the hallway (full round move - see map) until she comes face-to-face with the Jangly Man himself.

She squeezes the handle of her Swoop Hammer and bares her pointy teeth, "no hide from Draka."

Does Draka provoke from the red shade?


Zane's gonna block their bullets and lasers!

The Zane sees that there's concentrated fire, so he takes a step back and lines up Bubba for a shot on the foe attacking his squishiest space-venturer.

shooting bubba: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
damage: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 8, 8) + 9 = 32
Vicious Fuzion: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Zane damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

@Draka- Yes, movement, firing a ranged weapon and casting a spell are the only three things that provoke AoO in Starfinder.

The Zane takes a step out into the hallway, seeing Vetch line his shot up The Zane fires Bubba at the norther Shade. Bubba's laser drills holes right through the incorporeal mass as it screeches and recoils.

Draka grits her teeth and pushes past with her swoophammer in hand. the shade reaches out for her.

AoO vs Draka EAC 27: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

Draka is too fast as she slips past facing the Jangly Man. Abe and Messalina douse the undead in freezing coolant followed up by shattering a portion of the wispy frozen form right off.

Dash draws his corona-laser pistol and stays focused on one Shade at a time.

Corona Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

The shot streaks across the wall, reflecting off as it strikes the floor. The Jangly Man points his pistol at Draka. "Get this one!"

Improved Get 'em on Draka

He fires his pistol at the vesk, near point blank. "That's right...this way you big brute." He roars with laughter.

Disintingrator Pistol, Decimator vs Draka EAC 23; Get'em: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 17 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Vetch tries to help focus the Shades down but isn't able to get a decent shot in all of the confusing crossfire. The Shade next to him claws at his back.

AoO vs Vetch EAC 22: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

Vetch manages to roll out of the path, except the Shades are relentless. They gasp for the breath of life as the maddening visage of happiness and insanity doesn't seem to leave their faces.

Red Shade will provoke from Draka.

Blue Incorporeal touch vs Abe EAC 26: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Green Incorporeal touch vs Vetch EAC 22: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 17 - 4 = 15
Green Incorporeal touch vs Vetch EAC 22: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 17 - 4 = 15
Purple Incorporeal touch vs Zane EAC 20: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Damage (Acid): 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

The Zane loses his focus as there are undead all around him and feels the stinging claw of acid burning underneath his armor.

Round 3
Zane (SP 51/90; HP 67/67; RP 5/8; DR/5-Cold/Fire; DR/8 Kinetic)
Dash (SP 59/59; HP 45/45; RP 10/10)
Draka (SP 40/67; HP 73/73; RP 10/11) - Get 'em
Abe (SP 63/63; HP 58/58; RP 8/8)(Messalina 90/90)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jangly Man (-29)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Vetch (SP 46/63; HP 56/56; RP 9/9; Elec/Fire/Cold Res 5)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shades (Lt Blue -30)
---------------------------------------------------------------------


Skillz:
Acro+6(+11tumble),Cult +15, Eng +14 (+18vs traps), Life Sci +11, Medicine +8, Myst +18 (+22 vs traps), Perception +21,Pilot+22,SenseMot +14,Stealth +21,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 10

Round 3

Unable to want to stand this close to this creature and its multiple attacks, Vetch withdraws. He moves to the top door, skittering away as quickly as he can. Will move when I get home and if/when I remember.

”We should nuke them from space.”

K'Vetchings:

S: 63/63 HP: 56/56 R: 9/9
EAC: 22 KAC: 22 CMD: 27
Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +11
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Right Hand: Empty
Left Hand: Pistol
Mouth: Serum of Healing II, Grenade, Serum Healing I, Shock Grenade I
Spells: 1: 0/7 used (MM*0,Identify*0,RLCond*0,MT1*0)
2: 0/5 used (fogcloud*0,forceblast*0,lsrRest*0,seeinvis*0)
3: 1/4 used (haste*0,slow*0,irradiate*0,tongues*0,mindthrust*1)

Melee: [ dice=Club]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(B)]1d6+3[/dice] damage

Corona Laser Ranged:[ dice]1d20+14[/dice] to hit;
(F): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7 damage
Charge 20/20

Disinitigrator Ranged:[ dice]1d20+14[/dice] to hit;
(A): 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage
Charge 20/20

Casting Magic SpaceMissile as full round action.
[ dice]3d4+3[/dice] damage.


Round: 3

Status:
EAC: 26 KAC: 27 CM: 35
Resolve: 8/8 Stamina: 63/63 HP: 58/58 (DR 6)
Weapon Equipped = Laser Rifle
Conditions = None
Spells (caster level 9)
At Will = Mending, Holographic Image (2), Token Spell
Psychokinetic Hand = 3/3
Comprehend Languages = 3/3
Tip of the Tongue = 1/1 (re-roll skill to recall knowledge)
Repair Drone = 1/1 (25%/17hp)
Miracle Worker = 1/1
Haste Circuit = 10/10 (swift to haste, swift to shut off)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +6, Dex +4 (weapon focus longarm +1) Damage: +9
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +6, Str +1 Damage: +4
Messalina (5’ up)
EAC: 23 KAC: 23 CM: 31 HP: 90/90
Weapon Equipped = Frostbite zero rifle
Conditions = None
Invisibility Field = 1/1 (10m)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7, Dex +4 (weapon focus: longarms +1) Damage: +9

Abe and Messalina continue their assault on the blue one as Vetch skitters past, exposing Abe’s flank. So he steps back to the wall and they shoot!

Abe corona laser rifle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 damage(F): 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 9 = 14
Messalina frostbite zero rifle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 damage(C): 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

3,501 to 3,550 of 4,079 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Dead Suns AP (Starfinder) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.