GM Tyranius Dead Suns AP (Starfinder)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Sunrise Maiden
Space Loot


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,742 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Abe is uncomfortable with this additional invasion of privacy - considering what the last 'bug' did to them. Of course that was a full camera with sound, but still.

"This isn't a camera is it? Voice recorder? What sort of bug to you plan to plant on us?"

As long as it's not a camera, and he can take it off while in the ship for at least a little privacy, he agrees to be one of the surveilled.

"So who's the freelance? We've been in some pretty tough scrapes, and can't carry anyone. You say he's new... Just how green is he?" Abe worries he'll have to stay back to protect their 'helper'.

Dark Archive

Abe wrote:
"This isn't a camera is it? Voice recorder? What sort of bug to you plan to plant on us?"

"I have a kit in the car. It is a simple wireless listening device is all. I just suggest it for safety. So if you run into trouble we can move in to help quickly. Don't need you getting hurt."

Abe wrote:
"So who's the freelance? We've been in some pretty tough scrapes, and can't carry anyone. You say he's new... Just how green is he?"

"His name is Zane. You shouldn't have to carry him. He should be able to hold his own."


Skillz:
Acro+6,Cult +12, Eng +11 (+15vs traps), Life Sci +10, Medicine +7, Myst +15 (+19 vs traps), Perception +17,Pilot+18,SenseMot +13,Stealth +18,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 7

"Yeah, put it on me."

Vetch consents to be bugged. He doesn't have anything to hide, let alone have any interesting happening so he consents to the intrusion. Besides, when dealing with space goblins, he's had *plenty* of bugs on him all the time. A digital one would be an easy carry.

GM Tyranius wrote:
"His name is Zane. You shouldn't have to carry him. He should be able to hold his own."

Vetch doesn't like the idea of working with a non-Starfinder, but will accept the additional help with a ratty smile.

"Zane, huh? Sounds like a human name. They usually have goofy sounding names like 'Jeff' or 'Kevin' or 'Robert'. Heh." Vetch says, agreeing with Abe.

Once he's bugged, he's ready to go.


Android | EAC 20 KAC 20 | STA 45 HP 35 RES 6/6 | F +3 R +9 W +5 | Initiative +11 | Perc. +6 | Sense Motive +1

Dash is more than happy to wear a wire as well, as long as he can have the recording afterwards. Once it’s on...

”My favorite names are Neal and Bob.” Dash adds to Vetch’s list, putting out a hand at waist height he bobs it over his groin. ”I’m not sure if humans are idiots or comedic geniuses.”

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

The detective goes to his car and grabs the case. As he hooks up the wires on Dash and Vetch he smiles and makes a call. "Thanks for doing this." The detective is careful to not get tap on too much of Vetch's fur. "This might sting a bit coming off."

The call suddenly picks up with a man on the other end. "This is the Zane!" The detective holds upa finger for a moment and walks off. "Hey bud. i got a job for you. You in? Cool meet me at the University in a few minutes. ring your gear."

Turning he goes to spending a few minutes last minutes adjusting the listening devices. "He is in. Seems excited. Heck you might even talk him into joining you crazy Starfinders." He gives a chuckle at the thought. "Never been off Castrovel myself. Always seems so big out there. ya know." Seeing Vetch glowering at him he clears his throat and continues to work.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Skillz:
Acro+6,Cult +12, Eng +11 (+15vs traps), Life Sci +10, Medicine +7, Myst +15 (+19 vs traps), Perception +17,Pilot+18,SenseMot +13,Stealth +18,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 7
Dash Arcbright wrote:
”My favorite names are Neal and Bob.”

"My favorite was a human named 'Derek'," Vetch chortles and begins to pantomime being a human, walking around with stiff arms and stiff legs. "Hi. My name is Derek. I like to be tall and have a poor sense of smell. I think it's great when I don't trim my nose hair." Vetch wears a doopy smile and has exaggerated open eyes.

"Hehheh. Just like that." Vetch looks at Dash and chortles.

Vetch waits for Zane to show up, wondering if he is right about the man's humanity.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Android | EAC 20 KAC 20 | STA 45 HP 35 RES 6/6 | F +3 R +9 W +5 | Initiative +11 | Perc. +6 | Sense Motive +1

”D’wreck? Sounds like a f@#%ing traffic accident.” Dash laughs. ”I met a guy once named after a legume - Core-bean. And another named after the urge to procreate - Randy! Oh sh!t! Human names are so stupid! Present company excepted.” He tosses at Abe before turning back to the ysoki. ”So what’s the story with Vetch? I’m assuming you weren’t named after the sound a cat makes when it’s trying to cough up a hair ball.”


Abe laughs as the non-humans make a mess of human names. He thoroughly enjoys himself and adds little, not wanting to confuse his friends further.

"Great, let's meet this Zane and get going. I'm eager to track down this information." Not for the first time he wishes he could just magically translate the language they've encountered. It would be so much simpler - though certainly less revealing - than hunting down this expert. Maybe with time...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

Walking towards you is a tall, buff human. He is wearing a polished set of armor that shows signs of some use, but shined up to a high buff. The armor makes evaluating his real strength difficult; but his chiseled features, perfect human height, and natural swagger puts him in the upper echelon for both his race and gender.

He has two big guns strapped to his back and a sword at his side. Identifying the guns are tough as they are heavily holstered and wrapped.
Walking up to the group, this human gives eye contact to each person in turn.In a smooth, easy voice he says,
All your troubles are over! The best thing in the galaxy has arrived. The Zane is here and he just needs to know what the problem is, and his part to play in the solution.

He smiles a confident smile.
The tall, Arian human gives a double tap to the big gun slung over his right shoulder. pat, pat . Then he continues, Hopefully it will involve shooting something with this baby.

So, what is the problem you got?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skillz:
Acro+6,Cult +12, Eng +11 (+15vs traps), Life Sci +10, Medicine +7, Myst +15 (+19 vs traps), Perception +17,Pilot+18,SenseMot +13,Stealth +18,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 7
Dash Arcbright wrote:
”So what’s the story with Vetch? I’m assuming you weren’t named after the sound a cat makes when it’s trying to cough up a hair ball.”

Vetch looks like he's about to download his entire origin story to the droid when *THE* Zane walks up.

Vetch looks at Dash, then at *THE* Zane and then back to Dash. He makes the wanky-wanky gesture with his tiny, furry paw.

"Human. I told you. Nose hair in the extreme, probably," Vetch mumbles to Dash. "You owe me a beer."

Vetch offers a ratty smile to *THE* Zane.

"Welcome Zane. I'm Vetch, that's Abe, and that's Captain SpaceClank, aka Dash. You'll be escorting me, protecting me, and learning what you can learn from Dash here. We're looking for a missing person. I hope you'll be able to contribute. Please do if you can," Vetch offers a paw to *THE* Zane.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

A missing person?
The smiling beefy man says, as if he's happy that someone is missing. Like it's the greatest news he's ever heard.
Well, that will be F-O-U-R people that will have just had their day made because The Zane showed up on the scene.
With his left, He holds up his hand with the thumb tucked in, showing four stretched digits.
With his right hand, he shakes the outstretched paw of Vetch. Giving one of those body builder type handshakes. The kind that has just a tad too much pressure. Nothing intentional, but definitely not a legendary "Clinton" style gentleman's handshake.

The Zane is ready to rock. You want an escort? Protection? Finding somebody? Done! You will soon find that The Zane is the best there is. Do you have a "Vid" of who is missing?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Android | EAC 20 KAC 20 | STA 45 HP 35 RES 6/6 | F +3 R +9 W +5 | Initiative +11 | Perc. +6 | Sense Motive +1

Dash smiles at The Zane. It’s the sort of smile early androids were programmed with to emulate human emotion. Perfect, but artificial. He has pale porcelain-like skin and red hair unnatural to most biological humanoids. He’s dressed in a new suit of second skin armor and wears a tactical pistol in a holster at his side. Around his wrist is one of the latest generation iComm communication and computer hybrids.

Extending his hand, he introduces himself. ”Dash Arcbright, Captain of the Sunrise Maiden. The Zane? Is that a title? Or did your parents really name you The?”

This was a good turn of events. Dash was just thinking about hiring a big meatbag to stand between him and lasers.

Dark Archive

The detective interjects. "Zane. These are the Starfinders I was telling you about. Seems a Professor here was abducted and they are willing to help."

Turning the monitor around the detective brings up a photo of the missing Dr. Solstarni, a female kasatha.

Professor Muhali approaches and hands another credstick out. "Here is a small stipend for ongoing assistance in recovering our colleague." 2500 credits.

Picture of Solstarni in maps.


Abe at first wonders if maybe they'd found a face. Dash did a good job negotiating, as did Vetch, but they were both a little rough around the edges at times. However as the banter continued, it became clear to Abe that this was more bluster than diplomacy. Ah well.

Still, the man certainly looked the part of a warrior, and Abe had been suggesting they get a guard for the Sunrise Maiden. Perhaps this is the guy.

"Welcome!" he shakes the mans hand, wincing only slightly at the grip. "I look forward to being protected by you." he grins warmly.

Aerav Brack Elijea, or ‘Abe’ for short, is average in many respects. Average build, brown eyes and hair, and human. He stands ramrod straight however, clearly he’s had some military background - or something like it. But his speech patterns are more relaxed with peers and those he considers his lessers.

His equipment is relatively worn and while most of it seems to consist of various pieces of tech, there is a long azimuth laser rifle at his back with a few spare batteries. Flying always nearby is a drone with its own mounted weapon system which Abe calls Messalina.

GM Tyranius wrote:

Turning the monitor around the detective brings up a photo of the missing Dr. Solstarni, a female kasatha.

Professor Muhali approaches and hands another credstick out. "Here is a small stipend for ongoing assistance in recovering our colleague." 2500 credits.

He sends Messalina in close to take a couple stills of the photo to have it handy. He transfers the images to the tablet, keeping a copy in his rig.

When the credits are dolled out, his eyes light up and his grin grows warmer.

"Let's get going." he suggests, imagining another 'small' stipend at the end if they're lucky.

Dark Archive

Quick recap of the Five Arches.

By investigating Dr. Solstarni’s office, you learned that an academic named Eyrub Paqual was pressuring the kasatha to meet with him at a cantina called the Five Arches. The establishment is easy enough to find through Castrovel’s infosphere, and it’s located off the beaten path in the Gateway District near the east end of the city. According to its advertisements, the Five Arches is “a café dedicated to serving the discerning palettes of a dozen worlds.” According to online reviews, it’s an eclectic dive with wildly variable food and drink quality combined with bizarre food pairings for the daily specials. Overall, the reputation suggests it’s not a place that right-thinking individuals frequent willingly.

With a fresh, new companion in tow the Starfinders decide to head over to investigate the Five Arches. The detective and a couple of security forces follow far behind in a vehicle as they park several blocks away.

The Five Arches is readily apparent from the street, thanks to its glaring neon sign suggestive of the numerous portals in the district. A riot of different worlds’ souvenirs plasters the interior’s walls, and each table, booth, and bench bears the name of one of the Pact Worlds’ planets or habitable moons.

Inside is about a dozen patrons nursing drinks alone or in pairs. A female android cleans glasses at the bar with a soiled and stained rag. A neon sign hanging on the wall illuminates the daily special. The daily special is an unidentifiable avian cutlet smothered in
a fig-like fruit compote and served alongside a mashed bitter
tuber from Triaxus.


Android | EAC 20 KAC 20 | STA 45 HP 35 RES 6/6 | F +3 R +9 W +5 | Initiative +11 | Perc. +6 | Sense Motive +1

Playing it cool, Dash ushers his party to a table and orders an avian special and Castrovellian iced tea on the security forces’ credit. Then he casually manipulates the wavelengths of sound in the area, focusing a few into compressed strands and anchoring the ends to his companions.

Though he whispers softly, his voice reaches the group clearly. ”For discretion I’ve linked us with a simple message spell. It catches sound below a certain threshold, allowing us to communicate privately through whispers. I wanted to get some eyes on this place before doing anything. Let’s spread out, mingle. Maybe see if the bartender knows Paqual, or try to peek at any system they might use for reservations or credit receipts with his name. Pretend the culinary disasters they serve here are gourmet f@#%ing food are not natural alternatives to pharmaceutical-grade emetics.”


Abe flies Messalina under the table where she sits out of the way - waiting, staring at our feet. He'll order the special, strange as it sounds, and whisper back to the group.

"Good call this. Are we going to eat first?" he chuckles and gets up in search of the bathroom. He leaves Messalina at the table - camera running, and displaying on his rig. He'll use the facilities while he's there.

Then he'll take a wide arc back to his table, checking out the place just to get a feel for it.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

The newest guy sits at the table. He orders two plates of the special.
The Zane needs to pack away away the calories. The metabolism needed to support this hulking frame is awesome.
While eating with the rest of them, he asks, So, how do you all know each other? Have you been traveling the stars for long, or are you new SpaceCowboys?

Zane listens to the story pro-offered. He tries to soak up the stories and even ooohhs and aaahhs about anything off world. Authentically impressed.
He chows down the food, but using good etiquette, as he knows that he has work to do. Dr. Solstarni is out there missing and somehow this place holds answers.

He gets up, and mills about. Looking for the right people to strike up a casual conversation. Stuff he knows about.
To a group of three guys at another table.
Hey, did you catch the final score of the Droid Death Ball game?
If he gets some answer or reaction, he follows-up, Stupid refs, I can't believe they waived off that score! It's like they can't stand being in the background and make those calls just to grandstand. Why can't they let the players just play? You guys know what I mean?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
I have Sports as a "Profession". Can I make a roll to get a circumstance bonus? if so: sports: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Dark Archive

The android woman approaches the table. "Name's Uilee. What will you be having today?" She scratches the orders along a tablet set into the spotty table as the group orders food and drinks.

As the food is being prepared dash sets up a small private network among his companions. Deciding to spread out or eat first Abe looks for the bathroom, as he may be needing it sooner than later after this meal. Heading off Abe uses the facilities. Taking a wide berth back he sees most folks, mainly lashunta, nursing alcoholic drink mixes with a couple of tables eating the Avian special. Though there is only the single special there doesn't seem to be much consistency as each plate look different than the last.

DC 15 Culture:
You notice that most of these people look like low-key criminals or gang-members.

Zane tries to get to know the group a little bit better but quickly gets distracted as he thinks he spots a group of sports enthusiasts. He couldn't be more wrong. As he approaches the table he gets several scowls and even a few of the more uncommon lashunta curse words which leaves the Zane in an awkward position. "F@&&ing eunuch human. Mind your own business." The lashunta taps his antennae, referring to Zane not having any as some sort of insult as he waves Zane off.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android | EAC 20 KAC 20 | STA 45 HP 35 RES 6/6 | F +3 R +9 W +5 | Initiative +11 | Perc. +6 | Sense Motive +1

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Dash takes his time eating and observes The in action. The boisterous human’s style is strong, his confidence high, but his delivery sucks with the lashunta. Noting the antenna-measuring contest, he offers some advice.

”Lashunta think they are god’s gift to humanoids. If you’ve got big genitals, I’d suggest you whip them out and let them know you’re the f@#%ing boss.”


Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Abe shrugs as he rejoins the table. Using message, "Well that was unproductive. Food's terrible, and there's no consistency, but I didn't learn much other than that. I say we offer a reward to the bartender for information leading to Eyrub Paqual and see if that gets us anything."

He takes a sip of his drink and puts it down again. "I dunno, 50cr to start? See if that learns us anything? Too low? Too high? What do you guys think?"

When Dash makes his suggestion, he laughs, "I'm sure that plan has no problems with it." and he chuckles some more.


Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

Thinking to himself. GREAT, tuffs that don't watch sports. What are the odds?
Speaking to the Lashunta to diffuse the situation but also plant the seeds for his REAL gambit.

No need to get angry. I was just talking while I wait for my sports bookie. I got some INSIDE action on the big game this weekend. Gonna make some easy money.

The Zane moves away. Unless that tid bit coaxed something from the sportsless heathen Lashunta, he moves to another table on the other side of the bar. Trying the same line, but hopefully with non lashunta and with those that ACTUALLY saw the game he referenced. He notices that there are low-lifes in the bar. Maybe the hook of having info on a juiced game will draw the right attention.

diplomacy plus Sports circumstance bonus : 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22
culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

In a whisper, Damn, crazy bad luck that The Zane had to run into xenophobes.


Skillz:
Acro+6,Cult +12, Eng +11 (+15vs traps), Life Sci +10, Medicine +7, Myst +15 (+19 vs traps), Perception +17,Pilot+18,SenseMot +13,Stealth +18,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 7

Vetch chitters as he walks into the Five Arches, almost as equally interested in food than he is in the mission. He orders a ham and swiss on rye, hold the ham, hold the bread to Uilee.

The Zane wrote:
While eating with the rest of them, he asks, So, how do you all know each other? Have you been traveling the stars for long, or are you new SpaceCowboys?

Vetch waits for his food, cleaning himself as he does. Examining the binds of cable wiring along his arms and legs.

"A few weeks. Though it's not quite as exciting as the Droid Death Ball games, but it is actual *news*. The story about the Rock? And the goblins that we failed to kill and actually saved?" Vetch responds as he looks around the place.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Culture

Criminals. Good. I guess.

@Abe: 50cr seems fine to me. I have little experience with bribes. I might be able to sneak around the back to check things out as well...not sure that will help though.

Vetch watches Zane work...he's both impressed by the man's boldness and loud demeanor and, at the same time, remembering that Zane was told to tag along and provide protection. Most of the time providing protection involves not starting fights.

"Yeah, xenophobes are the worst. Almost as bad as gapborn goblins."


Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

Gapborn Goblins? The Rock ? Those must be inside jokes or knowledge they have. Zane’s never heard of Gapborn Goblins, but The Zane has also never been off this world.

If Zane engages someone in a conversation, probably dropping Paqual's name as the game fixing bookie. Does that work for you guys and androids?

Dark Archive

Still here. Just seeing what plan you are about to enact :)


Abe nods along with Zane's plan and heads to the bar to try his own. "Greetings, name's Abe, and in addition to a fresh drink, I was wondering if you knew a Eyrub Paqual by chance? I'm not the law or anything, just trying to find the bloke. Any chance you can help me out?"

He puts a credstick on the counter, ostensibly to pay for the drinks, and waits to hear what the barkeep has to say.


Android | EAC 20 KAC 20 | STA 45 HP 35 RES 6/6 | F +3 R +9 W +5 | Initiative +11 | Perc. +6 | Sense Motive +1

Dash is at first content to sample the strange cuisine and let his crew, and The, stir things up in the place. Once they’ve made the rounds and turned some heads, he rises from the table.

”Be right back.” He whispers through the message spell, and steps outside.

GM:
Dash is going to use his holoskin to impersonate Dr. Solstarni then step back into the cafe and take a separate table.

Disguise (not sure what bonus the holoskin gives): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Dark Archive

Dash:
Doesn't sound like it does give modifiers. Just the ability to look like different races and people far easier and quicker using the disguise skill.

Abe heads to the bar and begins asking about Eyrub Paqual. Uilee shakes her head. "He comes in once in awhile but don't know him all that well or where to find him." The android goes back to cleaning dishes.

Just then a large Kasatha, that looks just like Dr Solstarni walks into the Five Arches doors and sits down at a table by herself. The android bartender leaves Abe to go and take Solstarni's order. "What will you be having today?"

Back at the bar a lashunta leans in to Abe and takes a sip of his drink. "Looking for Eyrub huh. What he do this time?" Seeing the suspicious look on Abe's face the lashunta apologizes. "Sorry bout that." He clears, his throat and stands up, adjusting his belt to hold his pants up better before throwing his hand out there for a shake. "Human's do this right? Name's Twonas En. How do you know Eyrub?"

DC 18 Perception:
You see that Twonas En has made a very subtle move a pushed a button on his belt buckle.


Abe nods at the bartender as she walks away, frustrated. When Dr. Solstarni walks in, he does a double take, and starts to get up and walk over to her when he's interrupted.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"Uh, greetings Twonas En, name's Abe." he tears his eyes away from the table a moment and tries to concentrate on the his current conversation.

"He was hanging about with a friend of ours, who's now missing. Now he may be trouble, but he's not that kind of trouble, but he may know something of what happened. Happy to offer him some compensation for his story - if it be true."

"That might be harder to get out of Eyrub though." he laughs.

"How do you know him?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

Talking with another table.
...... DE-ACTIVATED! Bang! That B0-Vard droid shutdown three droids in one game. The Zane was at that game. Unbelievable to see them get DE-Activated from mid-court seats.....
When the others at the table react, and they are talking,he whispers.

The woman you all are looking for just walked in. This is an easy case. She's no longer disappeared. The Zane wins the day again.


Skillz:
Acro+6,Cult +12, Eng +11 (+15vs traps), Life Sci +10, Medicine +7, Myst +15 (+19 vs traps), Perception +17,Pilot+18,SenseMot +13,Stealth +18,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 7

Sorry for the delay in my response. I've had my ass completely kicked by the stomach flu for the past 24 hours. Just now coming out of it...and still have no energy at all.

Vetch waits to see what happens.

Sorry, I don't have much right now.

Dark Archive

Feel better! Get some rest.

"Oh, you know. He stops in once in awhile, complains about his day." Twonas En leans back. "Missing? Damn. That's some serious stuff. You sure you're not the law? That sounds like something the law would say." he laughs as he mocks Abe's phrase while making air quotes. " I'm not the law or anything, just trying to find the bloke."

The Zane gets a smile from one of the men at another table as the human pounds his fist down hard. "Damn! I missed that game on the infosphere. You were there?! You got mid-court? Those are damned expensive." The trio look at each other all excited. "I hear you get sprayed with the blood from there sometimes. That would be a rush."


Twonas En wrote:
"Oh, you know. He stops in once in awhile, complains about his day." Twonas En leans back. "Missing? Damn. That's some serious stuff. You sure you're not the law? That sounds like something the law would say." he laughs as he mocks Abe's phrase while making air quotes. " I'm not the law or anything, just trying to find the bloke."

Abe laughs easily enough. "Yeah, I suppose that's true, it is something the law might say. But knowing that, I bet they're trained not to say it!" he chuckles. "Let me buy you a drink." he pays for another round for the, uh, gentleman, and sits down next to him at the bar.

"It's a good question though - how do I prove I'm not the law? I suppose I could do something illegal, but I bet they're allowed to do that sort of s%$& while undercover or whatever, so that might not be convincing. Besides, I may not be the law, but I'm not a very good criminal either. I'd get caught, and then I wouldn't be able to help Solstarni, the woman I'm looking for."

"So that won't work. But let me ask you this, is old Eyrub worth protecting? From what I've heard, he's a bit of a lowlife himself. I'm not looking for any trouble, I just want to see if he saw where she went when she left him, or maybe he saw an abduction. Maybe he was abducted too, in which case I find him, I find her."

He takes a sip of his drink. "Or maybe he's dead in a ditch somewhere. I've 25 credits here that says he's dead in a ditch. You care to prove me wrong?"


Skillz:
Acro+6,Cult +12, Eng +11 (+15vs traps), Life Sci +10, Medicine +7, Myst +15 (+19 vs traps), Perception +17,Pilot+18,SenseMot +13,Stealth +18,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 7

Vetch waits to see what happens.

Sorry, I don't have much right now. This flu is still kicking my ass.


Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

Soaking up the attention and going with the groove of the conversation that is much more natural for him.
They could have been expensive, but got them comped. Think of it more as payment for a "good service rendered". Zane helped a guy that helped another guy - and they gave the tickets as a way to say, " Thank you".

Skillfully playing the role, he pauses, and sees that his explanation wasn't explanation enough for them.
He looks around to make certain their conversation is private.
Okay, that WAS being too vague. If you can keep a secret, you guys can keep a secret right?
He looks each in their eyes.
You may have recognized this face. It's because The Zane is a sports icon. Regional Champion the last 4 years. Record 5 scores against Yanabe Major.
He puts up a hand, waving off the oohhss and aahhsss he expects as it finally clicks in his tablemate's minds that THIS is THE ZANE.
(but they don't actually ooh and ahh. They might not actually recognize him. But unless they call BS or punch him. He still gives the "tone down the adulation" hand gestures).
From those G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S playing days, The Zane got to know a lot of people and get some inside information. That information passed onto a couple friends and Eyrub the bookie.... and people made some Creds.
Those tickets were a "Thank You" for B-I-G credsticks being won.
That's why The Zane is here. Sitting in this very chair. Being with other guys that LOVE sports. The Zane's Got-Ta meet the geeky bookie tonight. Zane's got an inside angle on another Deathball game.

bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
[ooc=gm] I have the icon Template. Plus profession Sports. Do I make any other rolls? Have any other bonuses? [/ooc]


Android | EAC 20 KAC 20 | STA 45 HP 35 RES 6/6 | F +3 R +9 W +5 | Initiative +11 | Perc. +6 | Sense Motive +1

Dash orders a drink and waits, keeping his eyes out for suspicious characters outside his own crew.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

the Bluff roll was because it wasn't really 5 scores in one game. .. it was Four Touchdowns

Dark Archive

Haha. Love that show. Now way would any network air something like that anymore.

The Lashunta looks to Abe. "Who says he is being protected." Twonas En looks down at the credstick and slips it into his pocket. He leans in and whispers. "I ain't nothing but a simple smuggler. I helped a male korasha lashunta named Eyrub Paqual secure travel documents for 15 individuals, permitting them to use local portals to reach Turhalu Point. Most of the visas were counterfeit—including three fake IDs for Port Authority employees to help move the group’s equipment." he taps the table. "Though we had to make only some minor adjustments to the legitimate academic visas that Paqual and his ill kasatha colleague had. Though I doubt Paqual was who he said he was. Looked like some sort of alias to me." Twonas En shrugs and takes another drink. "His money was good enough though." He looks Abe in the eyes. "Paqual was shipping a considerable number of firearms and heavy gear, most notably a shirren-eye rifle and a sizable comm unit that was disassembled into three bulky pieces. We also had to secure special permits for transporting fungal spores."

Twonas En chews on his stirring straw as he writes in his napkin and slides it over to Abe. "You want Eyrub Paqual I can get you visas. 300 credits per person."

***

Vetch begins to not feel very well as he takes a few bites from his avian course. The meat causes his stomach to turn inside out as he eyes the bathroom.

***

Bluff is fine for now :)

One man nods to Zane. "Yea I can keep a secret." He says excitedly. They each stare in rapt attention. As the secret spills the young man smacks the tabletop hard. "I f$+~ing knew it! Bro take our picture." The man slides out from behind the table to take a picture with the Zane.

Sense Motive: 3d20 ⇒ (10, 5, 12) = 27

As Zane hushes down the excited young men they eagerly ask. "How much to get in on your Bookie? You got some insider info?"


Abe looks seriously at the man as he tells his story, taking it all in. He nods a few times to make it clear he's paying attention, but he does not speak for fear of stemming the flow of information.

He receives the napkin, glances at it, and pockets it. "You are a most entertaining drinking partner Twonas En, and if I ever need, ah, anything in your line of work, I'll be sure to look you up. I expect however that you are a well paid man - you have the air of experience about you. As I said, I'm no cop, so I'm not on an expense account so such things must be more carefully measured."

"But I'll think about it, and give it serious consideration." he buys the man another drink and drifts back to his own table. He leans in to Vetch and whispers, "Look there! It's Dr. Solstarn! Where the hell is Dash?"

He looks for a crowd gawking, figuring on finding Dash at the center, but he is frustrated. He leans back to Vetch, "Let's wait until Dr. Solstarni gets up to go and follow her. It can't be this easy, there must be a catch!"


Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

Hearing ABE instruct them to wait on approaching Dr. Solstarni, he revels in the attention. But, he knows he has to play this safe as he doesn't REALLY have fixed games.
He takes a fan holo The Zane with fans Staying for a solo photo. My view of Zane.

Quote:
"How much to get in on your Bookie? You got some insider info?"

That's who The Zane is looking for. You guys know a geeky looking Lashunta named Eyrubn Paqual? He's the bookie.

Now guys, the inside information is a tricky parlay, and dangerous people own that bit of information. They don't want the line moving, so those particulars are secret.

Let The Zane find Eyrubin The Fixer and then I might be able to tell you something minor like which side of the match to be on.
Zane wants to help you guys put some creds in the bank.

The last part, where he accidentally drops a nickname The Fixer is meant to be delivered too casually, like he accidentally gave away too much identity and information to his "friends" .
The Zane is trying to play the fine line of Rube and part of a game fixing mafia.

GM, what type of roll could I possibly make to handicap the game? DO I need another Bluff roll?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Android | EAC 20 KAC 20 | STA 45 HP 35 RES 6/6 | F +3 R +9 W +5 | Initiative +11 | Perc. +6 | Sense Motive +1

”Dash is right here.” Dash whispers through his spell, concealing his mouth behind a cup of the septic water this cafe passes for a pick me up. ”Leave Solstani be for now. Let’s see if anyone else approaches her.”

Meanwhile, Dash watches The out of the cover of his holoskinned-kasatha eye, impressed with the human’s ability to talk about himself. Taking a moment he flicks on his iComm and runs a quick search through local headlines for The Zane.

Hmm. Four points in one game... Dash wonders if this sportsballer is going to be a team player or a glory hog. The ship has room for only one captain.

Though it does have two airlocks.


Skillz:
Acro+6,Cult +12, Eng +11 (+15vs traps), Life Sci +10, Medicine +7, Myst +15 (+19 vs traps), Perception +17,Pilot+18,SenseMot +13,Stealth +18,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 7
GM Tyranius wrote:
Vetch begins to not feel very well as he takes a few bites from his avian course. The meat causes his stomach to turn inside out as he eyes the bathroom.

Vetch continues to kvetch, retch, and blech.

Sorry. I'm getting better, but still #%@%.

Dark Archive

Zane- Bluff or Profession Sports would work.

Twonas En raises his glass for one last drink before Abe departs. The lashunta readjusts his belt as Abe leaves to rejoin his table for the steaming house special.

DC 18 Perception:
You see that Twonas En has made a very subtle move a pushed a button on his belt buckle.

Uilee watches from behind the bar for positive reactions to her course. Dash continues to watch for anything suspicious, though several minutes go by and the only odd thing is a pair of lashuntas walk into the Five Arches and join Twonas En at the bar. He says a few quick words to them and they turn, leaving the bar just as quick as they arrived.

***

The young men seem quite excited with the Zane as one punches another in the shoulder. "We gonna make so many credits yo!" The Zane quickly realizes that these men have no idea who Eyrubin is as they don't seem to react to the name at all.


Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

I think I've spotted this twice now. Can I suss out what he's 'adjusting' with an engineering or computers check? Both same bonus...

What's he touching?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Abe waits for Dash and Zane to finish their investigations.

Dark Archive

From what you can tell it looks like some sort of panic button embedded into his belt. Which would explain why two lashuntas showed up to speak with him as he probably pushed the button again to deactivate the signal.


Fearful Symmetry tried Frontin' The Zane... and EVERYONE knows what happened to them......

professional sports: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Well, there is a match coming up that could be handicapped. From those playing days, know the players well. Still have to check the line and how many points are on each side.
He thinks to himself that he can actually help these guys. Boy, oh Boy, he better be right, or he's got three newfound enemies.

He stands up, and draws a solid chug of drink. Giving the three a head nod of bro-ship.
Then--- leans in. The Tolishi Solarians. Don't bet the house, because the line should be checked first. Keep on the "comm silence" or you ruin the racket.
He straightens up.
The Zane still has to track down his Lashunta. If you see him, tell me where he is, it's important. He's got to get the action down before game time.

The Zane smiles and saunters on over to the table. Joining ABE and Vetch. He positions himself so he's sitting and staring straight at the quarry. Giving the cybereye to Dr. Solstani. Noticing that she's kinda cute. Good, long limbs. The investigative cybereye turns to merchants's eye. Checking out the goods and finding high quality merchandise.
The Zane likes the mission so far. All upside and wins.


Skillz:
Acro+6,Cult +12, Eng +11 (+15vs traps), Life Sci +10, Medicine +7, Myst +15 (+19 vs traps), Perception +17,Pilot+18,SenseMot +13,Stealth +18,Survival +12
Ysoki Mystic 7
Vetch No-Toes wrote:
He orders a ham and swiss on rye, hold the ham, hold the bread.

Vetch looks up from his greasy cheese to take another look at the situation he finds himself in. He had entered the location so vibrant and full of life, but this cheese has sent him down a rathole of ill feeling.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Perception

What's the deal with the belt buttons? Is this the style of the time?

Vetch looks at Abe, his whiskers aflutter...giving Abe a look. Did you see that?


Abe smiles at Zane as he returns to the table. He says nothing, assuming they're being overheard in this place. Could even be bugs at the tables. How would he know? I should buy another signal jammer and tighten the range to just a few feet.

When Vetch gives him a look, he just nods. "Later." he murmurs distinctly uncomfortable.

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,742 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Dead Suns AP (Starfinder) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.