GMTrex's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Andrew Trexler

The Marchlands | Tactical Map | Strategic Map | Handouts | Quests | People Places Things | Campaign Tracking


6,201 to 6,250 of 6,488 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>

Augrym turns his eyes towards Lord Lander Lebeda, "Good friend Taranis always says focus is better than spreading about. We must find someone who will be impressed by John's prowess. While recently a widower, I don't mean that way. Bytor has had some luck, let's see if John can too. Again, not that way." Sense Motive (Angle): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27


Character Sheet | Human Fighter 8 | Init: +6 | AC: +23, T: +15, FF: +19 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +7 | Reflex: +7 | Will +4 | Max HP: 60 |

Perception discover angle vs. Lebeda: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 John turns his trained eye toward a new target and watches Lebeda, idly imagining threading a metaphorical arrow through the crowd to hit his mark and reveal some hidden truth about him...


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Utterly disinterested in the rest of the gathering, Taranis continues to woo Jamandi.

Augrym observes that Lebeda seems to have deep knowledge of the other noble attendants, and skillfully puts that knowledge to use. Another who can speak his language might impress him. Knowledge (Nobility) can be used to influence Lebeda. John feels that he is on the cusp of a realization, but does not quite get there (unless someone wants to aid him?).

The Feast: Round 6 of ??
Augrym: Angle (success)
Bytor: TBD
John: Angle (failure)
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: Influence (success)

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 3/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

Bytor tries to build on Taranis' strong influence and further attempts to influence Jamandi Aldori "Swordlord Aldori, I have always had great respect for those who wield the Aldori dueling sword. From what I understand it was first developed by weaponsmiths in Iobaria. However, the fighting schools in Brevoy have taken the art to the next level! I understand that you are greatly responsible for this great contribution."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

"Ah, but the man who deserves the most credit is none other than Baron Sirian Aldori, the very first of the Swordlords, and the pioneer we honor with our very names!" Jamandi seems to enjoy her conversation with Bytor.

The Feast: Round 6 of ??
Augrym: Angle (success)
Bytor: Influence (success)
John: Angle (failure)
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: Influence (success)

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2

Unrak hovers with John, to see what they can see if htey put their heads together.

Can't fail a perception Aid at +11, so +2 for John


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

John overhears Lebeda talking about his extensive stables, and Unrak puts together that the Lord must be fond of riding. Ride can be used to influence Lebeda.

The wine, cider, and ale have all be flowing liberally, and many of the Rostlanders are now quite drunk. They have begun to sing several tunes that are... somewhat disrespectful of the crown. Princess Natala Surtova takes her leave for the evening.

The Feast: Round 7 of ??
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: TBD
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova (unavailable)
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


(HP: 74/74), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +18**, F: +10*, R: +5*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message 1/1 | Redleaf Grove, Kinging

LOL for a split second I forgot which campaign I was in, and moved to make a mental note that Surtova likely doesn't favor the Taldor claimants. Still, that is likely information for us.

Eager to seal a staunch ally before moving on to the others, Taranis continues to talk with Aldori. Sensing that he's close to getting inside her true confidence, he turns the conversation to the personal. It's surface level and likely public knowledge to be sure, but still, he looks to learn about her childhood and share the same.

Diplomacy (Influence): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31


Augrym circles about. Lebeda has something of the active or adventurous streak in him, but there's a chance he could quickly close down if the Baron makes a mistake discussing "horses' rights" or some such. Augrym even lightly engages in conversation with the Lord, though he keeps it very polite. Throughout he listens intently to changes in tone or timbre.

Sense Motive (Uncover Strength): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34


HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 3/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

White Taranis works his magic with Aldori, Bytor tries to influence Lord Lebeda by using his charm to touch upon the lord's homeland.

"I understand that the fishing on Lake Reykal is exceptional. Do you ever get out there these day, my lord. It sounds absolutely incredible."

Diplomacy (Influence): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

The tunnel vision does not abate, and Taranis travels further with Jamandi. The conversation remains too close to surface-level for him to learn anything of substance.

Augrym's conversation goes well enough, though he notes that Lebeda gets prickly at any mention of sword-fighting---likely because he trained in the Aldori style in his youth, but never finished his training. Intimidate may be used to influence Lebeda, but it will be very difficult. Bytor's inquiry about fishing does pique the man's interest, however.

The Feast: Round 7 of ??
Augrym: Discover Strength (success)
Bytor: Influence (success)
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: Influence (success)

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova (unavailable)
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2

Unrak and John collaborate. They figure that they are in well already with the Mayor; maybe they can figure out how to make him even more openly Helpful.

They watch his conversations, engaging when necessary, to uncover any weakensses he may have.

perception (John), uncover weakness vs. Mayor: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33


Character Sheet | Human Fighter 8 | Init: +6 | AC: +23, T: +15, FF: +19 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +7 | Reflex: +7 | Will +4 | Max HP: 60 |

John TC HD SD drtty ĵ


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2
Humble John Fletcher wrote:
John TC HD SD drtty ĵ

...wat


Character Sheet | Human Fighter 8 | Init: +6 | AC: +23, T: +15, FF: +19 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +7 | Reflex: +7 | Will +4 | Max HP: 60 |
Unrak "Dreadful Bear" Redleaf wrote:
Humble John Fletcher wrote:
John TC HD SD drtty ĵ
...wat

LOL looks like my son has made his PBP debut!

John wonders at Jamandi's apparent resistance to Taranis' best efforts. Perhaps she has a hidden bias against druids, or even beards. Who can tell without trying to understand her hidden biases? John sets his attention on sussing out what might be going on...

Perception to Uncover Bias vs. Jamandi: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2

two things. 1) Adams post should override my bot above. 2) he still gets +2 for Unraks aid--please apply it!


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Putting their heads together, John and Unrak agree that Mayor Ioseph is always happy to talk about the minutiae of life in Restov. Knowledge (local) may be used to influence Ioseph.

The carved boars and birds on the tables look obliterated, and many happy revelers are beginning to find their way to beds. It looks like the night will wrap up soon---and you have an appointment in the morning.

The Feast: Round 8 of 8
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: TBD
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova (unavailable)
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


(HP: 74/74), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +18**, F: +10*, R: +5*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message 1/1 | Redleaf Grove, Kinging

Diplomacy (Influence): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Taranis's single minded pursuit finally fails him as he runs out of things to say at the moment....


HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 3/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

Bytor notices Redleaf faltering. At the sight of such a great orator at a loss for words, Bytor himself fails to influence as well as he is capable.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Several ciders deep each, Taranis and Bytor both stumble over their words.

The Feast: Round 8 of 8
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: Influence (failure)
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: Influence (failure)

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova (unavailable)
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2

John, let's figure that Swordlord out shall we?. Suggest we identify Weakness for Jamandi..

I'll aid in Perception for whatever John wants though


Character Sheet | Human Fighter 8 | Init: +6 | AC: +23, T: +15, FF: +19 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +7 | Reflex: +7 | Will +4 | Max HP: 60 |

Perception vs Lebeda Bias: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

John stays focused on Lebeda, trying to discern his biases, then polls Unrak for his observations.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

John and Unrak notice that Lander rarely speaks to any greybeard, and seems rather dismissive of anyone much older than he is. Lord Lebeda considers anyone over the youthful age of 40 to be an out-of-touch dinosaur, unfit for leadership in today's modern politics (-2).

The Feast: Round 8 of 8
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: Influence (failure)
John: Uncover Bias (Success)
Unrak: Aid
Taranis: Influence (failure)

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova (unavailable)
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


Male Inquisitor 8 (HP 86/86), Init: +9, AC 26 (T 15, FF 24), Perception +18, Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +11, CMB+12 / CMD+25

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30

Find a weakness on Jamandi for Unrak.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Augrym finally turns his attentions to the object of Taranis's desire, and comes away with the impression that the First Sword greatly values the ability to read others---shrewdness and strategy are her preferred currencies. Sense Motive may be used to influence Jamandi, and this is the easiest route to doing so.

As the evening winds down and you consider finding your own beds, Mayor Ioseph catches your elbow. "I hope you have enjoyed the evening, honored guests! I am sorry that you did not make any headway with Lord Drelev tonight." His tone is polite, but makes clear that he faults you for this. "Perhaps you might try tomorrow? I do think that he could benefit from a more intimate understanding of your fine example."

Failing to garner any influence with Lord Drelev this evening incurs a loss of 1 influence with Ioseph, resetting his counter to 0.

"Sleep well tonight! Tomorrow is a big day. The servants will rouse you an hour after dawn."

You are welcome to chat as a group before retiring, change spell selections overnight, etc.; I will launch the next segment on Monday.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Stomach jitters greet you in the early hours of the following morning. The servant knocks, as scheduled, an hour after the sun first slanted into the windows of your room. On a tray are some fresh-baked biscuits, an orange, and a morning cider.

You arrive early to the grounds outside the Mayor's residence, and it seems you are not alone. Already Princess Surtova, Lady Pavetta, and her brother Imeckus have arrived, and Mayor Ioseph is running to and fro managing the final details. Servants and early guests swarm in all directions. A palpable excitement fills the air.

You have about 45 minutes before the ceremony starts. Make good use of it!

The Ceremony: Round 1 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: TBD
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev (unavailable)
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray (unavailable)

Rules Summary


(HP: 74/74), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +18**, F: +10*, R: +5*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message 1/1 | Redleaf Grove, Kinging

Not sure how to capitalize on this one, but do we need to make some kind of check to know about Choral the Conqueror and or his dragons before engaging with Princess Surtova?

"Now let's learn as much as we can about as many as we can. For the Marchlands!"


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking
Taranis Redleaf wrote:
Not sure how to capitalize on this one, but do we need to make some kind of check to know about Choral the Conqueror and or his dragons before engaging with Princess Surtova?

I suppose I can just give you the answer. Kn History or Kn Arcana can be used to influence her, but to get the bonus you must relate your discussion to one of those two topics.


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2

Trex:
I'm going to take the mayor's point to heart. I want to get a jeweled scabbard for Drelev's dagger as a congratulatory gift. Possible to do that after the part, or is it too late? Or should I take the 45 minutes before the ceremony to do that?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Unrak:
You can send a servant/messenger to do that first thing in the morning. If you did so, they delivered it to your room just after breakfast.


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2

Trex:
Very good, thanks. Call it 350 gp, if that works?

Unrak is hoping that his own dabbling in magic (albeit "natural" rather than arcane) might give him an edge in talking to Imeckus Stroon, he watches the man for a few minutes, trying to uncover an angle on him.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 3/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

Bytor uses this opportunity to try and positively influence Lord Lander of House Lebada.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

"My Lord, it is once again a great privilege and honor to meet with you. I can always. rely on you to bring such joy to these occasions!"


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Unrak spends a few minutes chatting amicably with Imeckus, and notes that the man gets visibly excited when debating the laws of magic. Knowledge (Arcana) can be used to influence Imeckus.

Lord Lebeda starts out somewhat annoyed to be accosted by a greybeard so early in the morning, but Bytor lays the charm on thick enough to overcome it.

The Ceremony: Round 1 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: Influence (success)
John: TBD
Unrak: Discover Angle (success)
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev (unavailable)
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray (unavailable)

Rules Summary


(HP: 74/74), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +18**, F: +10*, R: +5*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message 1/1 | Redleaf Grove, Kinging

Per tradition, Taranis would actually be in his late 30s. I always use the by the book starting age + the time since publishing. His beard is long, but it's not grey!

Now that the party has Lebeda's number, Taranis engages the man in a bit of verbal sparring. It's all kept clean, with an emphasis to show that Taranis understands the treachery at hand, but doesn't want to drag the young lord down. Diplomacy (Influence): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22 Dammit! My last 2 rolls combined equal 4.


Character Sheet | Human Fighter 8 | Init: +6 | AC: +23, T: +15, FF: +19 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +7 | Reflex: +7 | Will +4 | Max HP: 60 |

Ride dicscussion vs. Lebeda to Influence: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

John begins the morning by chatting with Unrak about his new mount, and tries to make sure Lebeda is within earshot as he discusses certain mounted archery techniques he is keen to train the horse to support. When and if Lebeda perks up, John makes an effort to include him in the conversation...


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Taranis and John each manage to catch the young lord's attention for a while!

The Ceremony: Round 1 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: Influence (success)
John: Influence (success)
Unrak: Discover Angle (success)
Taranis: Influence (success)

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev (unavailable)
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray (unavailable)

Rules Summary


Male Inquisitor 8 (HP 86/86), Init: +9, AC 26 (T 15, FF 24), Perception +18, Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +11, CMB+12 / CMD+25

Augrym will attempt to uncover the bias of the Lady Stroon-Drelev.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Augrym observes that Pavetta looks down upon anyone without obvious wealth. Specifically, anyone not wearing jewelry worth at least 200gp (-2 penalty). Additionally, she shows blatant disdain for anyone who spoke with Lady Quintessa Maray the night before (-4).

The Ceremony: Round 2 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: TBD
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev (unavailable)
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray (unavailable)

Rules Summary


HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 3/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

Bytor, well aware of Lebeda's weakness in diplomacy, tries to use his own charm to influence him over the top.

"My Lord Lebeda, I am so enjoying getting to know you. You have such a insightful way with words. I can see why you are so beloved in your country. Your people are so fortunate to have you."

Diplomacy to Influence Lebada: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2

Unrak continues speaking with Stroon, hoping to find other, easier angles to influence him.

perception, discover angle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

"You are kind to recognize me so," Lebeda smiles. Bytor knows he made a good impression, and the young lord is warming. Lebeda is now FRIENDLY. For this achievement, each hero earns 480 XP.

Imeckus Stroon speaks softly and listens carefully. Though his robes are finely made and gold glitters about his person, after spending a few minutes with talking him, Unrak recognizes that one so widely traveled must necessarily be accustomed to temporary inconveniences and hardships as well. Survival may be used to influence Imeckus.

The Ceremony: Round 2 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: Influence (success)
John: TBD
Unrak: Discover Angle (success)
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev (unavailable)
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray (unavailable)

Rules Summary


Character Sheet | Human Fighter 8 | Init: +6 | AC: +23, T: +15, FF: +19 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +7 | Reflex: +7 | Will +4 | Max HP: 60 |

Perception vs. Surtova to Discover Angle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

John follows Taranis' gaze and watches the princess closely to discover what makes her tick.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

John finds himself distracted.

The Ceremony: Round 2 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: Influence (success)
John: Discover Angle (failure)
Unrak: Discover Angle (success)
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev (unavailable)
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray (unavailable)

Rules Summary


Male Inquisitor 8 (HP 86/86), Init: +9, AC 26 (T 15, FF 24), Perception +18, Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +11, CMB+12 / CMD+25

Influence Imeckus Stroon.

Survival: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


(HP: 74/74), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +18**, F: +10*, R: +5*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message 1/1 | Redleaf Grove, Kinging

Taranis also takes an angle with Stroon. He uses an opening of food and drink, showing interest in the best the lands west of the Hooktongue have to offer. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Augrym enjoys a discussion with Imeckus about best method of building a beaver trap.

Taranis finds the man somewhat harder to talk to. "Well, to be honest with you, we actually import most of our delicacies and luxury goods, including a good deal that I conjure myself." The baron thinks he is close to a breakthrough, but will need a more silver tongue.

With the ceremony set to start soon, more and more guests are filtering in through the gates. Lord Drelev himself and Lady Maray both emerge from the house at last, only a minute or two apart. Both are now available.

The Ceremony: Round 3 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: TBD
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


M Human Bloodrager 8 HP 75/98(99/122) AC 23(21) Rage 20/20 F 10 R 6 W 5 Init +3
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+8[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+18[/dice]
Spells:
L1:0/2 L2:2/2
GM wrote:
Lord Drelev himself and Lady Maray both emerge from the house at last, only a minute or two apart.

that's not suspicious in the slightest...

Unrak sees Drelev enter the courtyard, but he gives a moment or two before jumping in--he will not appear too eager. When there's a moment when he's not engaged, the big man enters a respectful space from him, makes eye contact, and gives a small, but distinct, head-bow.

Good morning Lord Drelev. I am Unrak Redleaf, Councilor to soon-to-be Duke Taranis Redleaf. On behalf of myself and my Duke, we congratulate you on your promotion. Please accept this small token of our respect, and our sincere desire to work together to create a mutually stronger community.

Unrak then presents Drelev with the cloth-wrapped gift--a functional, yet elegently bejeweled, dagger sheath.

He smiles when Drelev opens it. I thought this a tool more befitting a Baron than your current equipment. Please enjoy it.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Drelev offers Unrak a tiny, almost imperceptible nod. "A fitting gift for one of my standing," he acknowledges, taking the sheath and admiring its craftsmanship. Unrak gains a +4 bonus on his next Influence check against Drelev, and a +2 bonus on any Influence checks against Drelev thereafter.

The Ceremony: Round 3 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: TBD
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: TBD

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary


(HP: 74/74), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +18**, F: +10*, R: +5*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message 1/1 | Redleaf Grove, Kinging

Taranis moves to observe the de facto queen. He tries his hand at getting to know the princess with polite but non-vacuous small talk:

Influence Surtova: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23 but it's just not his time.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Indeed, the Baron is hardly able to keep her attention, let alone her interest.

The Ceremony: Round 3 of 3
Augrym: TBD
Bytor: TBD
John: TBD
Unrak: TBD
Taranis: Influence (failure)

Available NPCs
Swordlord Jamandi Aldori (unavailable)
Lord Lander of House Lebeda
Lady Natala Surtova
Mayor Ioseph Sellemius
Lord Hannis Drelev
Lady Pavetta Stroon-Drelev
Imeckus Stroon
Lady Quintessa Maray

Rules Summary

6,201 to 6,250 of 6,488 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTrex's Kingmaker Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.