GM thunderspirit's Online Gameday PbP: Burnt Offerings (Inactive)

Game Master thunderspirit

Online Gameday PbP for Burnt Offerings

Beneath Thistletop (Level 2)

Beneath Thistletop


1 to 50 of 1,100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Open for business.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

You are in Heidmarch Manor, the Pathfinder Lodge in Magnimar, City of Monuments. You have been called here by Venture-Captain Canayven Heidmarch, who runs the Lodge with his wife Sheila. There is ample food and drink present, as is usually the case when Canayven entertains; however, the man has uncharacteristically touched none of it.

Pathfinders, he begins with a serious expression on his face, we have a delicate situation here that needs attention. Discreet attention. Some of you are no doubt familiar with the village of Sandpoint some fifty miles from here. You may also be aware of the issues that community has had with goblins of late.

Canayven sighs heavily. What you probably do not know is that we have managed to trace the source of those goblin attacks, and that source could cause the Society...and personally, myself...no small amount of bad publicity at a time we can ill afford it.

He leans in closer and speaks in a hushed voice. A number of years back, I requested that the Society admit one Nualia Tobyn as a personal favor. Nualia was an aasimar and a Sandpoint native adopted by a local priest as a child. She was young, inquisitive, enthusiastic, and thoroughly untouched by fear. I believed she would be a real asset to the Society.

When the Sandpoint Cathedral burned down about five years ago, the old priest perished and, it was thought, Nualia with him. It seems as though this was not the case. She somehow escaped the fire but has turned dark and cold; she apparently desires nothing less than the destruction of Sandpoint and to permanently corrupt her blessed blood in the process.

We believe her to be based in the isle of Thistletop, some two hours east of Sandpoint itself along the Varisian Gulf near the Nettlewood. You must travel there with all haste and put an end to her machinations by any means necessary.

Canayven eyes you each closely. Were discretion not an absolute must, I would undertake this mission myself — it's that important. But I cannot be absent from Magnimar for that long, for professional...and for personal...reasons. I cannot emphasize strongly enough that the identity of Nualia, and her affiliation with the Society, must remain secret until the mission is done. Are we clear on that?

Silver Crusade

Súrë Male Sylph [6] Sky Druid 6 | HP (dead) -12/45 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | CMD 19 | F+6 R+5 W+8 (+4 against air, electricity, weather) | resist electric 5 | Init +3 | Perc + 8 | SM +3 |
Ilivan:
33/33 | AC 29 T 17 FF 22 | CMD 23 | F+6 R+11 W+3 (+4 enchantments) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | Fly +12 | 80' fly

dotting for now

Sovereign Court

Human Fighter 5 HP 50/53 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 18 | Fort + 8 | Ref + 4 | Will +3 | CMB +6 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +1

Carl speaks. yeah. okay boss. we gunna go take care o dat real quick. how many tribes of them goblins been raiding Thistletop?

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD23||HP40 [52]|Fort:+7;Ref:+7;Will:+7|Percept +15|Init +5 Elf Magus 8

dot

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Rogue (Burglar) [10.0]: HP 62/63 | AC 30 (33 vs traps) | T 21 | FF 23 | F +7 | R +16 (+18 vs traps) | W +7 (+9 vs. fear) | CMB +7 CMD 30 | Init +12 | Perc +16 | SM +5 | Stealth +23 | DD +26 | EA +19 | Acro +21 | Perform (Sing/Dance/Act) +4 | Climb +12 | Swim +9

Wow, how was it that I was summoned for such an important mission? An entire town sounds like it could be in danger! From one person! How does someone take control of goblins? Or did I get that wrong... wow, such an important mission!

The halfling takes a banana out of his backpack and begins to eat, then notices that there was food and drink already provided. Not wanting to seem rude he quickly finishes the banana and then samples a portion of the spread as the man talks.

Quiven looks at Carl as he briefly speaks and nods to himself. Yep, he sounds perfect for the job of killing this now-evil woman. Wonder what my job will be? Staying silent, the rogue simply continues to nibble at the food and watch as the other members of the group arrive.

Dark Archive

Beleg Male Human [6] Magus (Bladebound) 6 | HP 3/57 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | SM +2 | arcane pool:3/6 | 6 images, 20% miss chance | blade is +3 keen currently

A lean Galtan man with a drawn face and a thin beard strolls into the room and sits at the table. Rather than reaching for food he pulls out a cigarette and tindertwig and takes a long draw before leaning back in his chair and settling in.

After hearing the briefing from Canayven, Beleg mutters "Merde, an aasimar gone bad? I've never heard of such a thing. We better get to work."

He prompty pours a small bowl of soup and then puts his cigarette out in it, setting the bowl aside untouched. He reaches into his pack and pulls out a spellbook. "Just let me get ready."

spells prepared:

cantrips
Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Disrupt Undead

1st level
Corrosive Touch, Frostbite, Shield, Shocking Grasp

2nd level
Blur, Mirror Image

Pearl of Power (1st)
Pearl of Power (1st)

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Rogue (Burglar) [10.0]: HP 62/63 | AC 30 (33 vs traps) | T 21 | FF 23 | F +7 | R +16 (+18 vs traps) | W +7 (+9 vs. fear) | CMB +7 CMD 30 | Init +12 | Perc +16 | SM +5 | Stealth +23 | DD +26 | EA +19 | Acro +21 | Perform (Sing/Dance/Act) +4 | Climb +12 | Swim +9

Quiven eyes the Galtan with curiousity. Must be a wizard considering the spell book. I'm not sure, but I think I've seen aasimar's at least be led astray... maybe not gone bad. I'm not sure. I'm not up on that kind of stuff. As long as we don't enter some tapestry to get to where we're going maybe it'll be just fine.

Mike, wasn't it aasimars in that temple? My memory is as bad as Quiven's.

Dark Archive

Beleg Male Human [6] Magus (Bladebound) 6 | HP 3/57 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | SM +2 | arcane pool:3/6 | 6 images, 20% miss chance | blade is +3 keen currently

Yes, but Beleg wasn't there. And you're right, that was more being led astray than downright breaking bad, as the kids say.

After about an hour, Beleg looks up from his book and stows it away in his bag. When he stands up you notice a curious blade made of a deep black metal hanging at his waist. Several other weapons are strapped across his back. No mere wizard!

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Rogue (Burglar) [10.0]: HP 62/63 | AC 30 (33 vs traps) | T 21 | FF 23 | F +7 | R +16 (+18 vs traps) | W +7 (+9 vs. fear) | CMB +7 CMD 30 | Init +12 | Perc +16 | SM +5 | Stealth +23 | DD +26 | EA +19 | Acro +21 | Perform (Sing/Dance/Act) +4 | Climb +12 | Swim +9

I know he wasn't there, just checking my facts. Thanks Mike!


Quiven Glist wrote:


The halfling takes a banana out of his backpack and begins to eat, then notices that there was food and drink already provided. Not wanting to seem rude he quickly finishes the banana and then samples a portion of the spread as the man talks.

Strange. Each time the halfling tries to grab an item from the table it seems to dance away--just out of the Quiven's reach.

Dink grins, finding continued amusement in the most childish and elementary of pranks.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Rogue (Burglar) [10.0]: HP 62/63 | AC 30 (33 vs traps) | T 21 | FF 23 | F +7 | R +16 (+18 vs traps) | W +7 (+9 vs. fear) | CMB +7 CMD 30 | Init +12 | Perc +16 | SM +5 | Stealth +23 | DD +26 | EA +19 | Acro +21 | Perform (Sing/Dance/Act) +4 | Climb +12 | Swim +9

Quiven reaches again, confused as to why the food keeps moving.

Hey, is your food imaginary? It seems that it keeps running away from me. Tired of chasing the treats the halfling goes back to watching the wizard study his speelbook and admiring the line of blades he is carrying.

Grand Lodge

F Human Cleric of Pharasma 8 - HP 67/67 - AC 25/T: 11/FF: 25 - Perception +17 - Fort: +9, Ref: +3, Will: +12 (+1 vs. Transmutation) - CMB: +7, CMD: 17 - Speed 20 - Init. +0

"It all sounds straight forward. Although I am curious of what sort of resistance we might expect to meet." A young woman from the corner of the room speaks, her features obscured by the shroud-like cloak she wears.

"The loss of a promising Pathfinder you personally sponsored must be a difficult burden to bear. You have my sympathies." She adds in a cool, but calming manner.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

No, no, my boy, the Venture Captain explains patiently to Carl, the goblins aren't raiding Thistletop, they're already there. They've been raiding Sandpoint from there.

Canayven ignores Quiven's inquiry (except to glare momentarily at the gnome), then turns to Maddie. Count on the native goblin population to be rampant. Additionally, Nualia is as ruthless as she is charming; you can bet she's surrounded herself with powerful allies. I always say, if you expect the worst you won't be disappointed.

Kn: history and Kn: nature checks are possible here.

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD23||HP40 [52]|Fort:+7;Ref:+7;Will:+7|Percept +15|Init +5 Elf Magus 8

KN: history or nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Ander looks up from peering at Beleg's spellbook from over the Galtan's shoulder. I have heard very little of the area.

Definitely want to copy spells Beleg. Will update Ander's spellbook tomorrow. Traveling today.

Grand Lodge

F Human Cleric of Pharasma 8 - HP 67/67 - AC 25/T: 11/FF: 25 - Perception +17 - Fort: +9, Ref: +3, Will: +12 (+1 vs. Transmutation) - CMB: +7, CMD: 17 - Speed 20 - Init. +0

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Goblins...I've fought their kind before. Nasty little annoyances, although in groups they can be quite lethal." Maddie relates before drifting into thought as she tries to remember any useful facts from her studies.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Rogue (Burglar) [10.0]: HP 62/63 | AC 30 (33 vs traps) | T 21 | FF 23 | F +7 | R +16 (+18 vs traps) | W +7 (+9 vs. fear) | CMB +7 CMD 30 | Init +12 | Perc +16 | SM +5 | Stealth +23 | DD +26 | EA +19 | Acro +21 | Perform (Sing/Dance/Act) +4 | Climb +12 | Swim +9

Quiven looks at the cleric inquisitively. I wonder if this woman is as bat-guano loony as all the other women I've adventured with. Let's hope not, I'd rather not be punched, insulted or yelled at this trip. The halfling clears his throat quietly and says to the human lady, I don't believe I've encountered goblins before. Are they taller than I am?

Know Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Maddie:

Kn: history result — The island of Thistletop sits in the Varisian Gulf off the coast of the Nettlewood. This strangely round rock formation contains an intricate and ancient ruin which delves deep into the center of the island. The site was actually once the head of a giant sentinel statue of the Thassilonian nation of Shalast, bordering on its bitter rival nation of Bakrakhan.

Kn: history result — Thistletop rests at the corner of the Nettlewood, an appropriately-named woods considering the poisonous stinging nettles and goblinberry patches found within. The proximity makes it difficult to approach Thistletop from land.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Prankster (3) HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Percept +5 | SM +0

Hmmm... I wonder what I know about this...

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Dink, you know the same things that are in Maddie's spoiler.

Dark Archive

Beleg Male Human [6] Magus (Bladebound) 6 | HP 3/57 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | SM +2 | arcane pool:3/6 | 6 images, 20% miss chance | blade is +3 keen currently

"Well Pathfinders, are we ready to go? Does anyone need any supplies before we head out? I believe I've spent most of my coin."

spells:

cantrips
Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Disrupt Undead

1st level
Corrosive Touch, Frostbite, Shield, Shocking Grasp

2nd level
Blur, Mirror Image

Pearl of Power (1st)
Pearl of Power (1st)

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Rogue (Burglar) [10.0]: HP 62/63 | AC 30 (33 vs traps) | T 21 | FF 23 | F +7 | R +16 (+18 vs traps) | W +7 (+9 vs. fear) | CMB +7 CMD 30 | Init +12 | Perc +16 | SM +5 | Stealth +23 | DD +26 | EA +19 | Acro +21 | Perform (Sing/Dance/Act) +4 | Climb +12 | Swim +9

I guess so. Where are we gonna go first? Sandpoint? I've never been there.

I made one purchase in the Discussion thread but I will buy some more Cold Iron Arrows so that Quiven has a full quiver of 50.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

The adventure portion itself deals directly with Thistletop, which is why I wrote the intro the way I did — there's no need to go to Sandpoint, though you certainly may do so if you wish.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Prankster (3) HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Percept +5 | SM +0

"No time for Sandpoint! There are goblins to taunt and an Aasimar to...reform."

Grand Lodge

F Human Cleric of Pharasma 8 - HP 67/67 - AC 25/T: 11/FF: 25 - Perception +17 - Fort: +9, Ref: +3, Will: +12 (+1 vs. Transmutation) - CMB: +7, CMD: 17 - Speed 20 - Init. +0

Answering Quiven's question about goblins, Maddie says, "The goblins I've encountered were...altered. However, I believe they are approximately your size, yes, but with much larger monstrous heads."

She then addresses the group, "If memory serves, Thistletop contains some ancient ruins. I would expect that both the goblins and the aasimar have made their base there. Due to a dangerous section of forest on the mainland, we'll probably have to sail a bit around to get there."

She ponders something for a moment before adding, "Oh! But yes, I'm ready to go."


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Maddie and Dink:

While approaching Thistletop from the land is treacherous, it's also the only way in. Survival checks will likely be your freind.

Grand Lodge

F Human Cleric of Pharasma 8 - HP 67/67 - AC 25/T: 11/FF: 25 - Perception +17 - Fort: +9, Ref: +3, Will: +12 (+1 vs. Transmutation) - CMB: +7, CMD: 17 - Speed 20 - Init. +0

"Oh, what was I thinking? We'll have to travel through the dangerous forest to reach it. My mistake. I hope some of you are well-versed in navigating through wilderness."

Dark Archive

Beleg Male Human [6] Magus (Bladebound) 6 | HP 3/57 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | SM +2 | arcane pool:3/6 | 6 images, 20% miss chance | blade is +3 keen currently

"Pht!" Beleg snorts at Maddie as he pulls out another cigarette. "Not overmuch, no."

Sovereign Court

Gnome Prankster (3) HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Percept +5 | SM +0

"Yes, I would agree that we may have a rough time approaching the goblin lair by land, but, under no circumstance would I advise approaching by sea. Best take our chances with the brambles and such."

Sczarni

Mists of Mwangi

Carl speaks [b]I can read a map okay, but don't know much other stuff. Farmer by trade you see. Do you expect everyone in Thistletop to be dead? How far away is Thistletop from Sandpoint?[/b[

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD23||HP40 [52]|Fort:+7;Ref:+7;Will:+7|Percept +15|Init +5 Elf Magus 8

Ander shrugs. I am afraid that I am no more capable in the wilderness than any other. He wonders over toward Beleg. I see you practice the arcane arts as well. Pardon me from spying, but your spellbook is quite impressive. Perhaps we have time to trade spell before we start off on this journey.

Spellbook is updated. Beleg has something like 34 1st level spells and 3 2nd level spells I'd like to copy!

Grand Lodge

F Human Cleric of Pharasma 8 - HP 67/67 - AC 25/T: 11/FF: 25 - Perception +17 - Fort: +9, Ref: +3, Will: +12 (+1 vs. Transmutation) - CMB: +7, CMD: 17 - Speed 20 - Init. +0

"I have a Wayfinder, I suppose that's better than nothing." Maddie muses before tackling Carl's question, "I'm not sure of the distances involved, but I'm fairly certain Thistletop will be full of goblins, based on our briefing. Since it's a ruin, I don't believe it was inhabited by civilized races prior to their infestation."

Dark Archive

Beleg Male Human [6] Magus (Bladebound) 6 | HP 3/57 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | SM +2 | arcane pool:3/6 | 6 images, 20% miss chance | blade is +3 keen currently

"Surely. I'm quite proud of this thing," he says patting his spellbook. "Not sure we've got the time though. Help yourself when we get a moment."

I think it takes 1 hr/spell level to copy a spell into your spellbook so you could probably copy one or two now if other people need to prep. It'll take you a few days to copy the rest; I think you can only do 8 hrs/day max.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Thistletop is a couple of hours' travel east of Sandpoint, and Sandpoint is about 50 miles from Magnimar's gates. This means a bit more than three days' march (since we have a halfling and a gnome in the party), or one day via horseback. You are somewhat pressed for time at the beginning here (though purchases and the like are certainly possible, being in Magnimar), but there will be ample time after to copy all spells. I'm okay with you doing one each day on the road if there are a couple of spells you want right away.

Anyone else have any prep they need to do before setting out?

Dark Archive

Beleg Male Human [6] Magus (Bladebound) 6 | HP 3/57 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | SM +2 | arcane pool:3/6 | 6 images, 20% miss chance | blade is +3 keen currently

With the distance to be traveled, Beleg suggests that everyone buy horses and ponies for the journey.

Sczarni

Mists of Mwangi

Carl stands ready to go.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Rogue (Burglar) [10.0]: HP 62/63 | AC 30 (33 vs traps) | T 21 | FF 23 | F +7 | R +16 (+18 vs traps) | W +7 (+9 vs. fear) | CMB +7 CMD 30 | Init +12 | Perc +16 | SM +5 | Stealth +23 | DD +26 | EA +19 | Acro +21 | Perform (Sing/Dance/Act) +4 | Climb +12 | Swim +9

We need horses? I've never owed a horse, well a pony, before. What else do I need to buy?

Quiven will buy a pony and whatever other gear would be required to ride it. I'm a noob when it comes to this in PFS and horses in general so any guidance is appreciated.

Grand Lodge

F Human Cleric of Pharasma 8 - HP 67/67 - AC 25/T: 11/FF: 25 - Perception +17 - Fort: +9, Ref: +3, Will: +12 (+1 vs. Transmutation) - CMB: +7, CMD: 17 - Speed 20 - Init. +0

Is there a Coach Cab service between Magnimar and Sandpoint?

If not, then Maddie will buy a Light Horse (75gp), Bit and Bridle (2gp) and a Riding Saddle (10gp).

Also, one of the Small sized characters can ride on her horse with her if they wish.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Prankster (3) HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Percept +5 | SM +0
Maddie Sykes wrote:
Also, one of the Small sized characters can ride on her horse with her if they wish.

Checking his pockets. Dink pulls out his deck of marked cards. Nope. No time for that.

"I seem to be a bit short on gold at the moment. I would indeed appreciate a ride."

Dink smiles at the cleric.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Rogue (Burglar) [10.0]: HP 62/63 | AC 30 (33 vs traps) | T 21 | FF 23 | F +7 | R +16 (+18 vs traps) | W +7 (+9 vs. fear) | CMB +7 CMD 30 | Init +12 | Perc +16 | SM +5 | Stealth +23 | DD +26 | EA +19 | Acro +21 | Perform (Sing/Dance/Act) +4 | Climb +12 | Swim +9

Quiven will purchase a combat-trained pony (45gp), bit & bridle (2gp), saddlebags (4gp) and a military saddle (20gp). Quiven doesn't expect to go charging into battle but he likes the idea of it anyway.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Beleg Male Human [6] Magus (Bladebound) 6 | HP 3/57 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | SM +2 | arcane pool:3/6 | 6 images, 20% miss chance | blade is +3 keen currently

Beleg will buy a light horse, bit and bridle, and riding saddle. He stays quiet when Maddie offers the smaller people to ride with her. He clearly wants to be alone on his horse.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mists of Mwangi

Carl buys a small horse and offers up space on his saddle, as Carl never had any real friends.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |
Maddie Sykes wrote:
Is there a Coach Cab service between Magnimar and Sandpoint?

There is not. And regrettably, there is no Hertz Rent-a-Horse, either. Both sound like lucrative business opportunities, though! ;-)

Dink gratefully accepts Maddie's offer, while Quiven and Beleg fetch horses of their own. Meanwhile, Carl and Ander debate who gets to ride in front on their shared horse as the party sets out.

The trip from Magnimar winds along the coast, offering welcome respite from the humid plains that roll east of the City of Monuments north of the Yondabakari. By mid-morning you've crossed the Muddy Foxglove River, by midday made your way past the sodden Brinestump Marsh and dreary Ashen Moors, and it is mid-afternoon when the road twists across the lazy Turandarok River into Sandpoint. Thistletop is about another hour east of Sandpoint by horse; there are probably three hours of daylight left in this day.

Grand Lodge

F Human Cleric of Pharasma 8 - HP 67/67 - AC 25/T: 11/FF: 25 - Perception +17 - Fort: +9, Ref: +3, Will: +12 (+1 vs. Transmutation) - CMB: +7, CMD: 17 - Speed 20 - Init. +0

As the rigors of a long day of travel on a horse while sharing a saddle with a gnome become apparent to Maddie, she suggests, "Perhaps we should stay the night in Sandpoint and leave in the morning. Many foul creatures are strengthened in the night hours."

Sovereign Court

Gnome Prankster (3) HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Percept +5 | SM +0

"I'm always in agreement with anyone who shares a horse with me." Dink looks at the rainbow of colors that were once the mono color of the horses' mane, "Let me think if I know of a fitting inn for a group such as ours..."

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

I don't want to overstep, I will often make a roll "just in case it's asked for" just to speed up online play

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD23||HP40 [52]|Fort:+7;Ref:+7;Will:+7|Percept +15|Init +5 Elf Magus 8

Ander also purchases a light horse, saddle, bit, and bridle. Before leaving Ander purchases a pearl of power and calls in s favor at the lodge, securing a wand of Grease, as well. During the day of travel, Ander will transcribe the Snowball spell from Beleg's spellbook as well as memorizing it.

Picking up wand with PP.

Dark Archive

Beleg Male Human [6] Magus (Bladebound) 6 | HP 3/57 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | SM +2 | arcane pool:3/6 | 6 images, 20% miss chance | blade is +3 keen currently

"Agreed. Let's find an inn, it's been a long day of travel. I don't fancy mucking through the wilderness in the dark."

Sczarni

Mists of Mwangi

Carl says Good idea. My backside is a little sore from all this riding. Could use a good bottle or few of ale, and maybe some dire chicken tenders.

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD23||HP40 [52]|Fort:+7;Ref:+7;Will:+7|Percept +15|Init +5 Elf Magus 8

Just caught the part about Ander and Carl. Ander will forgo the horse and accoutrements, but offer to pitch in money to Carl.

1 to 50 of 1,100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM thunderspirit's Online Gameday PbP: Burnt Offerings All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.