GM thunderspirit 4–16: The Fabric of Reality (Inactive)

Game Master thunderspirit

New MAP

Inner Sanctum MAP


1 to 50 of 630 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

This space for rent.

Also, dot.

Sczarni

Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

Ashur's dot.

The Exchange

Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    Let's make sure I updated all my stuff, since I level every session DOT

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    I just walked out of Hell dot.

    Dark Archive

    Male Half-Orc Sorcerer/Barbarian 16 | HP 134/184 (150 stoneskin, 0 temps) | AC 17 (22) T 11 FF 16 (21) | CMB +20, CMD 39 | F: +20 (22), R: +13 (15), W: +15 (17) | Init: +1 | Perc: +19 (21), SM: +0 (2) | Speed 40ft (50ft) | Active conditions: A bunch.
    Spell Slots:
    1st 7/8 | 2nd 7/8 | 3rd 1/7 | 4th 4/7 | 5th 7/7 | 6th 7/7 | 7th 2/4

    Level 1 class feature spam - dot.

    Dark Archive

    Male Half-Orc Sorcerer/Barbarian 16 | HP 134/184 (150 stoneskin, 0 temps) | AC 17 (22) T 11 FF 16 (21) | CMB +20, CMD 39 | F: +20 (22), R: +13 (15), W: +15 (17) | Init: +1 | Perc: +19 (21), SM: +0 (2) | Speed 40ft (50ft) | Active conditions: A bunch.
    Spell Slots:
    1st 7/8 | 2nd 7/8 | 3rd 1/7 | 4th 4/7 | 5th 7/7 | 6th 7/7 | 7th 2/4

    Marduk ran his fingers along the expertly carved gold rod and found himself thinking of the centuaress.

    Such power... Could there ever be a more worthy mate? Our lovemaking would crack open the heavens...

    The hulking Orc's hard cider went all but untouched as he got lost in the lewd daydream.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Standing on a table in the middle of Cayden's Hall in Absalom, Erin stands, shouting out to a crowd of gathered revelers.
    "...So there we were, having just been sucked through a portal to Hell itself. Our goal in sight, only one thing stood in our path. This creature had two heads..." She says, while holding up two hands to mimic biting motions. "...was scaled like a dragon, and its vitals were just a mass of worm-like parasites. My comrades and I charged, hoping to surround and overwhelm the powerful creature before it could react, but then it put both its heads together and..." Pausing to grab a lit torch off the wall and a glass off the table she takes a large drink, and blows a gout of flame out over the gathered onlookers. "I barely managed to dive out of the way, but this brave soul right here..." She points at Ashur. "...charged right on through and started shredding this creature with his claws, distracting it long enough for us to cut it down. Saved our lives."

    Hopping down off the table, and passing Ashur to get another drink, she taps him on the shoulder and says quickly. "Told you you would love this place, should be able to get any drink.... or sort of company... for the rest of the night without it costing you a copper. Have fun being a hero."

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "You were right, as always. You're going to stick around right?" Ashur asks her while taking one of many drinks he's already had. "You're too good to me, you know that." His words slurring a bit as the alcohol starts to work. "Maybe I just want your company tonight." He starts blinking to focus his eyes.

    The Exchange

    Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    Amira leaves the Ascendant Court's temple of Abadar on a Fireday afternoon. The remains of an exasperated look lay on her face as she passes Cayden's Hall. "Even Abadar rests on Sunday, Amira; you need to stop stressing yourself like out that. Just relax; the work week is done. All that's left is to go home and pass out."

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "I am surprised you are not sick of me yet. Let me grab another drink and I think you owe me a couple stories, considering drunken me let all my bad history slip out."
    She responds, slipping away to the bar.

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "Nah, been through too much together." Ashur waits around drink in hand as Erin gets some more. "So there we were, in the God's market. You know the vet, Valeros? We're just walking through and before we know it, the poor guy has 3 arrows sticking out of him. He hit the ground before we even saw who did it. We all started scrambling to cover while trying to see the sniper. Next thing you know, I'm climbing up a building to face her down. She gets so scared that she just starts firing randomly, hitting everything but me. I walk up to her, bat her bow away and ask her if she can fly. And then she surrenders. And somehow I become known as a lawbringer in those parts just because I didn't kill the b%*&#."

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    After making her way back to the crowded table, she takes a seat on the edge of the surface listening intently to Ashur's story.
    "Lawbringer? You?"
    She says, laughing heartily at the thought of Ashur working with the law. After giving the prospect a few seconds to sink in she begins to run a finger around the rim of her drink, and asks in a suddenly serious tone. "You mentioned you had dealings with the Hellknights before, were you ever a part of them?"

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "I know right!"

    "Well, I was born and raised in Westcrown. Greatgrandmother made a deal with a pit fiend and he wanted something other than her soul in exchange which is why I'm as handsome as I am. Well, among other things, my mother wanted me to grow up to be Hellknight. She had some connections so as a teenager I went to their academy. Let's just say I didn't do well with all the structure so I failed out. Mother wasn't too happy."

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Erin nods in acknowledgement just as a patron bumps into her a little roughly and whispers something quietly to her. She responds with a slight slur. "Seriously? Tian Xia, again?"

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "Another mission? Oh joy."


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

    Golarion Recent History 101

    Not long ago, the Pathfinder Society won the Ruby Phoenix Tournament and
    claimed the Hao Jin Tapestry, an artifact containing a demiplane created by the legendary sorcerer Hao Jin. Over the past several months, the Society has been exploring the demiplane and its wondrous contents.

    While the tapestry was thought to be the only means of access and egress to the demiplane, Aspis Consortium agents breached it with the assistance of a secret cult of Lissala based in Varisia. This problem was resolved when a Pathfinder team seized control of the Varisian backdoor. With this backdoor now under Pathfinder Society control, the Decemvirate has been using the tapestry to transport people and materials instantly from Absalom to distant Varisia. Unfortunately, due to the workings of the Hao Jin Tapestry, the passage from Absalom to Varisia is a one-way trip. For now.

    In last month's issue of the Pathfinder Chronicle, an article documenting some of the extensive research conducted by Master of Spells Aram Zey, the Society's primary expert on the Hao Jin Tapestry, revealed the belief that Hao Jin was able to create the tapestry due in part to a discovery she made in a dungeon deep below the Curchain Hills in central Varisia: an enormous block of solid abysium, an incredibly rare skymetal known for its mystical properties. Using her own mighty sorcery and no small amount of extraplanar aid, she fashioned it into an arcane engine designed to regulate the very fabric of reality within the demiplane. She dubbed this device the Abysium Heart.

    <cue Ultima II theme>

    You all have received a summons to the Lantern Lodge in Goka, a city in distant Tian Xia. Passage has been arranged and paid for aboard the Varisian-made brig "Stingray", captained by Xan Stormblade, a freebooter of dubious reputation and passable sailing skill.*

    The trip is arduous and not a little dull, livened considerably by Ashur's drinking contests...though Marduk's penchant for flame-making is decidedly unpopular and Erin's skill at gambling makes her the first to be, shall we say, escorted off the ship after docking.

    At the Lantern Lodge in Goka, you are ushered into a well-stocked library and informed that you will be called into the adjacent meeting room when Venture-Captain Amara Li is ready for you.

    *:
    Mike is a friend of mine, or at least will be until he reads this; however, no privateers were slandered (much) in the writing of this post. :-)

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Erin leans in close to Ashur form the table and whispers dejectedly.
    "Yeah, so much for the fun night. We are being sent to Tian Xia, guess we should find a boat or something..."

    The Exchange

    Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    Having kept to herself on the boat of a pirate, Amira is glad to arrive in Goka (in the scenic nation of Goka.) "At least I get to see the Grand Bank," she thinks to herself as she tugs on her sleeves. Her clothes transform into a garb mimicking the latest functional travel-ware fashion to emerge from Taldor. Her glasses darken a little, and her robes become an attire including mundane, tan pants and a brightly-coloured orange shirt with artistic interpretations of flowers only found around Taldas Isle (among other unruly places no sane person should go to) in the Shackles.

    She heads to the Lantern Lodge, but is clearly taking in the sights.

    Sczarni

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Pirate) 9
    GM thunderspirit wrote:
    Passage has been arranged and paid for aboard the Varisian-made brig "Stingray", captained by Xan Stormblade, a freebooter of dubious reputation and passable sailing skill.*

    "'Passable sailing skill'? Would you like to spend the trip to Tien Xia in the bilge, Mr. Thunderspirit?"

    "As for the rest of you, welcome aboard the Stingray. I'll get you to Goka...it's a long trip, but she's a fast ship."

    ((And, now, I return you to your regularly-scheduled mayhem.))


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

    Fast ship? It made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs...
    </threadjack>

    Amira spends time soaking in the sights and sounds of Goka, clearly enjoying a nation as reverent of Abadar as she. Naturally, as it is Wealday, the Grand Bank is closed to the public, as all Abadaran temples are; but as a member of the clergy Amira is willingly admitted.

    Dark Archive

    Male Half-Orc Sorcerer/Barbarian 16 | HP 134/184 (150 stoneskin, 0 temps) | AC 17 (22) T 11 FF 16 (21) | CMB +20, CMD 39 | F: +20 (22), R: +13 (15), W: +15 (17) | Init: +1 | Perc: +19 (21), SM: +0 (2) | Speed 40ft (50ft) | Active conditions: A bunch.
    Spell Slots:
    1st 7/8 | 2nd 7/8 | 3rd 1/7 | 4th 4/7 | 5th 7/7 | 6th 7/7 | 7th 2/4

    Marduk made his way to the Lantern Lodge, carefully.

    This was a nation of frail people and it showed in their food, their furniture, everything about them.

    Who makes walls out of paper?!

    The hulking Orc stopped at one of the hot spring baths before his appointment with the human woman - Amara Li. If there was one thing this Goka did well, it was the bathes.

    The Exchange

    Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    Amira seriously considered getting one of these and a "fair-price-for-the-region-which-is-less-than-half-the-Inner-Sea-price" Tien Porter to take drawings of myself in front of things to maximize vacation memory space, but it felt really... Paracountess-y.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "Hopefully we will not be dealing with ghosts this time. I would rather not have to deal with the things messing with my head again."
    Erin comments upon setting foot on the ground in Tian Xia.

    The Exchange

    Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    "Ghosts? Sound better than sailing a Junk for a month through backwater Shaguang to retrieve some magic hair. At least I got to help out a town at the end, though and didn't have cast a single spell on the last leg."

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "Talk to me again when one is prying through your head and making you relive the worst scenes from your life over and over again."

    The Exchange

    Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    "I'm pretty sure I'm better equipped to deal with the restless dead than being stuck babysitting a boat of 5 bloodthirsty idiots who weren't aware Absalom is an island."

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "Wait, it's an island?" Ashur waits a moment before he starts laughing at Amira's expression. "Yea, I agree with Erin. Ghosts and other flying terrors are no fun."

    The Exchange

    Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    "Oh, I'm not saying they'd be fun, just more manageable. These man-children have an average of over 1,000 gold spent on 'Miscellaneous Expenses' per mission without stepping foot into a Calistrian temple. It's like they just throw away money. It's a huge pain to backtrack where those expeses go. I'll give you a quote from their latest report. '500 gold; Foreign Guys in weird masks the dumb ninja shot.'"

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "Where are these people located at?"
    Erin asks, with glimmer in her eye at the thought of an easy profit.

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "1000 gold without the temple of Calistria involved? I didn't think people did that. Sounds like five stooges as opposed to fellow agents." Ashur shakes his head at Erin. "Calm down, you know we can't take money from other Pathfinders."

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "Take? It sounds like they are just handing it out. Think about it for a minute. You can either risk your life fighting two-headed, worm infested, fire spewing devils in Hell hoping for a useful reward, or you could just follow those guys around and profit from their carelessness."
    Erin replies, mimicking weighing the decision on a scale with her hands.
    "Speaking of which, what did Zarta give you anyways?"

    The Exchange

    Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    "I'm pretty sure they are. I'm pretty sure all you'd have to do is send them a letter that says 'Make Erin like freedom,' and I'm pretty sure you'll be rolling in money."

    She thinks to herself as the group passes another eating establishment. "Two have claimed themselves Sczarni, though one keeps reporting that 'she is trying to quit,' though that's pretty infeasible at this point in her life. From my understanding, it's quite difficult to break out after entrenching that deep into the criminal element."

    The Exchange

    Stats:
  • 50/58 HP
  • AC: 15, FF: 15, T: 10
  • F: +7, R +3, W+10
  • Dip: +23, Per: +18, SM: +17
  • Init +0
  • 0/8 CEs used
  • Kn(R)+20, Kn(L)+22, Kn(A,E)+13, Kn(D,G,Na,No,H,Pl)+12
  • 40 ft land speed
  • Kelish Cloistered Cleric 12*

    "Though I'm contractually obligated to withhold 'any hearsay of which is deemed 'unsure of truthful consistency'."

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "I'd think that even I'd feel bad taking advantage of such poor shmucks. I mean it sounds like its insultingly easy." Ashur shrugs. "What did she give me besides an indecent proposal as usual? I got these new boots. Makes walking through the forest a breeze. Though it took everything I had to stop her from picking out a pair with heels.." The tiefling shudders for the first time you've ever seen.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "Seeing as you actually went to the marketplace with her I am guessing you took her up on her proposal then?"
    Erin asks, with a raised eyebrow. Then looks back towards Amira.
    "I had some dealings with the Sczarni, everyone in this line of work has. I believe the people you are talking to are considered 'stooges'. People that are sent out to attract attention while the real work gets done."

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "Only one of them. I don't have that much interest in riding the town horse. Why so interested?"

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Placing a finger contemplatively to the corner of her mouth, Erin responds.
    "Curiosity I suppose... Speaking of horses... Marduk was supposed to meet us here right?"

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    Ashur lets out a little snort at Erin's jab. "Nice segway. Maybe he's still with his woman. Or the paracountess has him locked for "being a naughty boy"? Heh."

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "Well we should head for the lodge and hope he is there, unless either of you have a better idea of where to find him."

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "That's a good a plan as any. Unless we want to go meet Zarta again. By the way, what did she get you?"


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

    An immaculately-dressed servant appears at the doorway to the library, informing you that Venture-Captain Li will see you now.

    A table of polished teakwood dominates the middle of this room. Around it sits a number of padded chairs. A handsome Tian woman, clad in a simple silk dress, sits at the head of the table.

    Quote:
    I am Amara Li,
    she says softly after gesturing for the newcomers to sit.
    Quote:

    Thank you for coming, Pathfinders. As I am sure you know, the society came into possession of the now infamous Hao Jin Tapestry after winning the Ruby Phoenix Tournament last year. This magical tapestry contains a demiplane, one in which the ancient sorcerer Hao Jin placed a vast collection of treasures and magical wonders. The Society has been sending Pathfinder teams into the demiplane for months, mapping its locations and cataloging a staggering number of incredible finds.

    During the course of these expeditions, we uncovered a secret entrance — a backdoor, if you will — that links the tapestry with a site in distant Varisia. Aspis Consortium agents bent on plundering the demiplane secretly exploited this entry point. However, thanks to a daring band of Pathfinders, the Society took control of the Varisian entrance.

    We hoped to use the tapestry as an instantaneous method of traveling between Absalom and Varisia, but the route to Varisia is currently only one-way. The Decemvirate wants to change this.

    Amara pauses as the Temple of Abadar's bells mark the midday hour, nodding to Amira as they begin. As the twelfth bell sounds, a thin, middle-aged Keleshite man appears out of nowhere standing next to her, carrying what appears to be a rolled-up rug over one shoulder.

    Quote:
    Greetings,
    he says sharply.
    Quote:
    For those who do not already know me...I am Aram Zey.
    He meets Marduk's eye for an instant, then continues.
    Quote:
    And this —
    he says as he unrolls the rug and attaches it to the wall,
    Quote:

    — is the Hao Jin Tapestry.

    As the Venture-Captain was saying, the Society needs the link between Absalom and Varisia to work in both directions. My own extensive and painstaking research leads me to believe that it is possible to re-attune the tapestry by accessing a site called the Sacred Shrine of Abadar at the very heart of the demiplane. I believe that the instructions to do so can be found documented in a tome called the Abysium Codex. With it, you should be able to re-attune the tapestry and allow us to travel to and from Absalom and Varisia at will. After we've achieved that, we can establish our own permanent portals in points all over Golarion where we need quick access to. Just imagine having rapid, two-way travel from wherever the tapestry is held to points all over the world! The possibilities are —

    Quote:
    To do this,
    interjects Amara Li,
    Quote:
    we need you to retrieve the Abysium Codex. You shall find it in the possession of a woman named Shadow Orchid, who operates a bookshop called the Learned Crane here in Goka. But be wary, Pathfinders. Though Shadow Orchid is very old and feeble, she is a former Xun assassin — a master of the art of murder.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Erin's face visibly reddens at Ashur's question as they approach the library. She begins to sheepishly respond, but breathes a sigh of relief when she sees the servant appear and quickly darts inside evading the conversation.

    Dark Archive

    Male Half-Orc Sorcerer/Barbarian 16 | HP 134/184 (150 stoneskin, 0 temps) | AC 17 (22) T 11 FF 16 (21) | CMB +20, CMD 39 | F: +20 (22), R: +13 (15), W: +15 (17) | Init: +1 | Perc: +19 (21), SM: +0 (2) | Speed 40ft (50ft) | Active conditions: A bunch.
    Spell Slots:
    1st 7/8 | 2nd 7/8 | 3rd 1/7 | 4th 4/7 | 5th 7/7 | 6th 7/7 | 7th 2/4

    Marduk enters the lodge looking sated, refreshed, and almost glowing with health.

    "Have I missed the briefing already", the hulking Orc asks as he casts an apologetic glance at Amara Li.

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "Did I say something?" Ashurs asks no one in particular as he follows her in.

    "So do you want us to beat her up and take it from her? Or that other way people negotiate." He asks Amara.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "Yes... please define what 'retrieve' means on this mission. I am never quite sure if the person on the other end of the retrieval is going to be happy to see us or ready to kill us."

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "I naturally assume the latter."


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

    Zey arches an eyebrow at the question. We believe the Shadow Orchid may have lived several reincarnated lives prior to this one. That is the way of the Xun. I am convinced that she assassinated Hao Jin — leading to one of the Ruby Phoenix’s many rebirths — several centuries before Hao Jin’s final disappearance, and then absconded with the Abysium Codex. Thus, as it was not originally her property, I have zero compunction in having our agents retrieve it by whatever means might prove necessary.

    Sczarni

    Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

    "Alright, that's all I needed to hear. Brute Squad roll out."

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    "What does the tome look like?"


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

    Kn: planes?

    1 to 50 of 630 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM thunderspirit 4–16: The Fabric of Reality All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.