GM Tektite's PFS #8 The Slave Pits of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Hawkwen Agricola

MAP!


151 to 197 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Hamaillii whips her hair into a frenzy and smacks the gnoll with it. The hair then proceeds to entangle the still standing gnoll.

Arryn and Morgrim!

Liberty's Edge

HP:26/27, AC 20(22) Touch 11, FF 19, Init +1, Perc:-1, F+8, R+5, W+5, CMB +8, CMD 18 LoH 1/[4] Male Aasimar (Angelblooded) Paladin 3 (Favoured)/Oath of Vengence

Arryn steps up and tries to finish off the entangled gnoll and leaves the last one to the dwarf.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Heres hoping that entanglement will work for me but that roll is indicative of my roll results all day today on nearly a dozen PbPs

Grand Lodge

HP 21/21 AC 19(18)/12/17(16) F+5 R+2 W+5 (+2 vs magic and poison) Init+4 Perc+7/+9 darkvision 60 ft SenseMotive+8 CMB+4 CMD16

Stonewall moves towards a gnoll and takes a swing. Targeting the entangled one if Arryn didn't finish him off, the other if he did.

Atk, Damg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Arryn attacks the entangled gnoll, but misses from worry of hitting Hamaillii.

Morgrim strides forward and cleaves the skull of the entangled gnoll. The gnoll goes lifeless.

The remaining gnoll moves over and attacks Morgrim.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Intimidated by the prowess of the party, the gnoll misses.

Initiative:
Vahn
Faldoc
Morgrim
Hamaillii
Arryn
Gnoll

Party up!

MAP

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Faldoc will delay, assuming the party will want to keep this one alive for questioning. I'll move up onto the boat and switch to my longsword and will assist in Intimidate if the need arises.

Lantern Lodge

Female Elf Cleric 6 AC 17/13/14 | hp 12| F +3, R +5, W +4; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +3 | Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Perception +9

Hamailii walks around carefully avoind the gnomes reach and then attacks again.

Hair Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Liberty's Edge

HP:26/27, AC 20(22) Touch 11, FF 19, Init +1, Perc:-1, F+8, R+5, W+5, CMB +8, CMD 18 LoH 1/[4] Male Aasimar (Angelblooded) Paladin 3 (Favoured)/Oath of Vengence

Arryn hits the gnoll as hard as he can.

1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Tiefling 58507-3 | Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 5/8 | F +2 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +5

Vahn reloads and takes another shot

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Vahn attacks, but misses!

Faldoc delays, waiting to see what his party does!

Hamaillii attacks with her hair, but misses!

Arryn attacks, but misses!

Initiative:
Vahn
Faldoc
Morgrim
Hamaillii
Arryn
Gnoll

Morgrim! and Faldoc if he wants to come out of delay!

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Seeing his mates are still attempting to slay the gnoll, Faldoc will take a swing with his longsword, missing the gnoll awkwardly. Assuming I had to drop my bow in order to arm my sword, step up to where I am and be able to attack.

Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

HP 21/21 AC 19(18)/12/17(16) F+5 R+2 W+5 (+2 vs magic and poison) Init+4 Perc+7/+9 darkvision 60 ft SenseMotive+8 CMB+4 CMD16

Stonewall strikes back. "Surrender!"
Atk, Damg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Faldoc tries to hit the sailor with hhis sword, but misses.

Morgrim moves up and deals the sailor a mighty blow, but the sailor still fights.

The sailor tries to attack Morgrim, but misses, still stunned by Morgrim's strike.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Party up!

MAP

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Faldoc, if the gnoll does not indeed surrender, will shift to his right and strike the enemy in an attempt to give him unending rest.

Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

HP 21/21 AC 19(18)/12/17(16) F+5 R+2 W+5 (+2 vs magic and poison) Init+4 Perc+7/+9 darkvision 60 ft SenseMotive+8 CMB+4 CMD16

If Faldoc's strike takes the gnoll down, Morgrim will cast stabilize on him and any of the other gnolls who are not obviously dead.

Liberty's Edge

HP:26/27, AC 20(22) Touch 11, FF 19, Init +1, Perc:-1, F+8, R+5, W+5, CMB +8, CMD 18 LoH 1/[4] Male Aasimar (Angelblooded) Paladin 3 (Favoured)/Oath of Vengence

Andre will belt the Gnoll one.

Trying for non lethal damage.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 8
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Faldoc buried another arrow deep into the sailor. The sailor falls to the deck bleeding. Morgrim prays to his patron and stabilizes the sailor.

Out of Combat

Lantern Lodge

Female Elf Cleric 6 AC 17/13/14 | hp 12| F +3, R +5, W +4; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +3 | Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Perception +9

What a crazy action! Did you ever hear of something like deception? Pretty sure we are on the wrong side of the law here, openly on a sunny afternoon. Let´s clean up that mess and search the rest of the ship quick! I want to be done with this by evening!

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Maybe so, but I wasn't going to leave a member of our group uncovered. He asked for arrows and he got them. Faldoc looks at the group as if he feels his actions were warranted with that explanation. Ok, you wanted him alive, there he is. Get him to talk. I'll help search the ship.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Liberty's Edge

HP:26/27, AC 20(22) Touch 11, FF 19, Init +1, Perc:-1, F+8, R+5, W+5, CMB +8, CMD 18 LoH 1/[4] Male Aasimar (Angelblooded) Paladin 3 (Favoured)/Oath of Vengence

Lets head below decks and look for an officer - we can drag this one along... and lets bring that slaver I dragged here.


The party secures the wounded gnoll and heads down below decks. On below deck, the party sees, chained the length of the ship, two to a bench, are 50 filth encrusted oar slaves bleeding from lacerations and open sores and slumped in sleep or exhaustion. The benches form a five-foot-wide aisle down the center of the galley, constricting movement in all but three areas: a 10-foot diameter around the main mast, slightly fore of midship, and the extreme ends of the galley which hold rooms.

As the party begins to look around, suddenly the gnoll captain bursts from his cabin and heads for the party.

Init. Rolls:
F: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
H: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
A: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
M: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
V: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
G: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Initiative:
Faldoc
Vahn
Morgrim
Hamaillii
Arryn
Gnoll Captain

Party up!

MAP!

Grand Lodge

Male Tiefling 58507-3 | Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 5/8 | F +2 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +5

Vahn follows the others down below, reloading his crossbow and placing it back on his back. Down below, seeing the slaves he grins for a moment and moves to start freeing them when he hears the gnoll start it's attack. Turning he pulls out one of this bombs and tosses it.

[ooc]Had to request access to map so only doing bomb if it isn't going to hit others, otherwise it will be crossbow.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Sorry about that. Forgot to change the setting. Everyone has access and can edit now.

Vahn lobs a bomb at the captain. The bombs bursts onto the gnoll, burnig him badly.

Everyone else is up!

Grand Lodge

HP 21/21 AC 19(18)/12/17(16) F+5 R+2 W+5 (+2 vs magic and poison) Init+4 Perc+7/+9 darkvision 60 ft SenseMotive+8 CMB+4 CMD16

Stonewall steps quickly forward and tries to make a dent in the gnoll's head with his battleaxe.
Atk, Damg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Faldoc, with longsword still in hand, will approach the gnoll with malice. I've had enough of these creatures!

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Lantern Lodge

Female Elf Cleric 6 AC 17/13/14 | hp 12| F +3, R +5, W +4; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +3 | Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Perception +9

Hamailii casually casts sleep on the gnoll (DC15).

Liberty's Edge

HP:26/27, AC 20(22) Touch 11, FF 19, Init +1, Perc:-1, F+8, R+5, W+5, CMB +8, CMD 18 LoH 1/[4] Male Aasimar (Angelblooded) Paladin 3 (Favoured)/Oath of Vengence

Arryn joins the chaos and attacks.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Lantern Lodge

Female Elf Cleric 6 AC 17/13/14 | hp 12| F +3, R +5, W +4; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +3 | Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Perception +9

Hamailii will of course wait untill the onslaught of her mates is over to cast that spell if still necessary then.


The party moves in and gangs up on the captain. The gnoll quickly succumbs to the barrage of blows, collapsing onto a pool of his own blood.

Out of Combat

Well done everyone. Only faction missions and whatnot to button up. I'll get a conclusion/summary up tomorrow morning.

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

I believe Faldoc just needs to search the captain's quarters to find what he needs, correct?

Grand Lodge

HP 21/21 AC 19(18)/12/17(16) F+5 R+2 W+5 (+2 vs magic and poison) Init+4 Perc+7/+9 darkvision 60 ft SenseMotive+8 CMB+4 CMD16

I assume we find the missing dame somewhere on the ship?

Is the captain still alive?

Lantern Lodge

Female Elf Cleric 6 AC 17/13/14 | hp 12| F +3, R +5, W +4; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +3 | Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Perception +9

Hamailii will heal and tie up the gnoll captain if possible, to show this ugly beast and his deeds of slavery around. She also likes to question him to see with whom he dealt. Else she will gather all other clues that hint at the gnoll slavers work and contracts.


The party stabilizes the gnoll captain and searches him. On the captain they find, hide armor, a masterwork handaxe, a masterwork whip, 34 gp, a potion of cure light wounds, and a key.

As the slaves cry out for freedom, the party finds Lady Salhar in a small locked cabin in the aft of the ship. Using the key the party is able to free the slaves and the Salhar. Lady Anilah thanks the party graciously: “I owe you all a favor I can never repay.”

Faldoc searches the captain's quarters and recovers a logbook, he and Arryn were looking for.

After the returns Lady Salhar to the Pathfinder Lodge, Venture-Captain Alissa Moldreserva, eyes the party up and down, “You handled that well. Guess I had you wrong. The lot of you may prove useful to the Society yet. Get yourselves a drink, on me.”

The End..

Now would be the time to roll Day Jobs and give me your PFS numbers.

Twenty two days isn't too bad..

Grand Lodge

HP 21/21 AC 19(18)/12/17(16) F+5 R+2 W+5 (+2 vs magic and poison) Init+4 Perc+7/+9 darkvision 60 ft SenseMotive+8 CMB+4 CMD16

PFS # 60867-7

No day job

Faction Mission Stuff:
Find everyone responsible for her kidnapping: the knave who kidnapped her (Fredrik), the wretched scum who hired the knave (Renmil Emprey, a Taldan spy), the fool who sold her (Pardu Pildapush of Misery Row), and the slaver who bought her (Gnarl Bonegather, gnoll captain of a Katapeshi slave ship called the No Return)—find them and report their names to me.


Morgrim:
Right on the nose.

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Faldoc is 79644-2 and no Day Job, but you know this. :)

So when is the next one?


Faldoc Tisbane wrote:

Faldoc is 79644-2 and no Day Job, but you know this. :)

So when is the next one?

I believe there was another you could all play, though I'm also open to requests. We could start the beginning of this week. The only thing to keep in mind is that I will be at GenCon from Wed. evening to Sun., so there will probably be very little posting from me during that time.

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Meh, thats fine. Getting started and fluffing the next week usually works at first. I'll run anything you guys want. I can keep Faldoc here or switch to a fighter/archer.


I think everyone could play The Many Fortunes of Grandmaster Flash. Also I just finished playing Delerium's Tangle, which is sort of a sequel, so we could line up to do those two.

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Outstanding. I enjoy playing with you so I'd love to keep going.

Grand Lodge

Male Tiefling 58507-3 | Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 5/8 | F +2 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +5

Craft (Alchemy): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

PFS# 58507-3

I would be up for another, though I will be at GenCon as well (we should try and meet up at some point!) so I will be pretty much completely away from the PC starting Wed until Monday.


Vahn O'Niere wrote:

[dice=Craft (Alchemy)]1d20+8

PFS# 58507-3

I would be up for another, though I will be at GenCon as well (we should try and meet up at some point!) so I will be pretty much completely away from the PC starting Wed until Monday.

Definitely! I assume you are going to have a booth in the exhibit hall?

Grand Lodge

Male Tiefling 58507-3 | Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 5/8 | F +2 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +5

We will be sharing space with Game Salute in both 1735. We are also demoing our game in ICC : Hall E. Sadly all our tickets are sold out: Zpocalypse Tickets

Liberty's Edge

HP:26/27, AC 20(22) Touch 11, FF 19, Init +1, Perc:-1, F+8, R+5, W+5, CMB +8, CMD 18 LoH 1/[4] Male Aasimar (Angelblooded) Paladin 3 (Favoured)/Oath of Vengence

PFS# 38110-14

No DJ. Would be interested in that game.

Lantern Lodge

Female Elf Cleric 6 AC 17/13/14 | hp 12| F +3, R +5, W +4; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +3 | Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Perception +9

#7608-3

No day job.

Would be in for the next, though i might appreciate a one week break.
Also Hamailii could be level 3.1 then hopefully.
If that´s out of tier i might have another char in range though or at least around level 2.

Grand Lodge

HP 21/21 AC 19(18)/12/17(16) F+5 R+2 W+5 (+2 vs magic and poison) Init+4 Perc+7/+9 darkvision 60 ft SenseMotive+8 CMB+4 CMD16

I (and Morgrim) am also up for The Many Fortunes of Grandmaster Torch.

Liberty's Edge

HP:26/27, AC 20(22) Touch 11, FF 19, Init +1, Perc:-1, F+8, R+5, W+5, CMB +8, CMD 18 LoH 1/[4] Male Aasimar (Angelblooded) Paladin 3 (Favoured)/Oath of Vengence

I'm 50-50 on buying better armour or saving for a + 1 sword...


This has been reported and everyone should have their Chronicles.

Here is the link for the next one.

Discussion Thread

Gameplay is open if you want to dot, once everyone checks in I shut this one down.

151 to 197 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tektite's PFS # 9 The Slave Pits of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.