GM Tarondor's Path of Tears Campaign - Traveller: The New Era

Game Master Tarondor

The Area of Operations

OPLAN Open Hand


851 to 900 of 1,033 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

"Hey! Is this a private party, or can anyone join in?," asks Flatfoot loudly.

Flatfoot spent the previous night drinking with the two men who had seemed friendly at the time. He advances upon the group, intending to put an end to the beating.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter charges in to tackle the one who is throwing the punches.

Flying Tackle Dex+Melee: 2d6 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 0 + 1 = 8

I have blades at 1 which means I think I have general melee at 0. I have no real desire to hurt him, I am aiming to just separate and hold him back.


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot tries to take the attacker into a headlock and pull him away from the other man.

Melee, Str: 2d6 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 0 + 1 = 12


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Turning the corner, Spider quickly sizes up the situation and moves to put himself between Shrier and Siscoe. "Enough! Whatever message you were delivering here looks like it's been received. Stand down!"


Pirates of Drinax Links

Mascot and Drifter take down Siscoe Nickrent with a coordinated assault. The other attackers glare at Spider.

Nick, care to try to defuse the incipient fight with a social skill?


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

How many men is "several", exactly?


Pirates of Drinax Links

Five, including Siscoe.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider will use Persuade and try and intimidate them.

Spider glares back at the men standing in front of him and takes a step toward them. "This can go two ways." He points at Siscoe. "One...you pick up your friend over there and get the hell out of here." He points back at the attackers. "Or...two...we see how tough you are when the odds aren't stacked in your favor. I strongly suggest option one."

Persuade + STR: 2d6 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (1, 5) + 1 + 0 = 7


Pirates of Drinax Links

I'm tossing in a +1 for the Coalition's reputation and a -1 for their numbers.

The thugs seem surprised by Spider's confidence, and they look around at the hard faces of Drifter, Mascot and Flatfoot.

Average (7+)Melee (any)+INT:
Siscoe is spoiling for a fight. The others are a lot less certain. These young men seem physically fit, but utterly untrained beyond a few brawls at Majuba's.

"The odd are in our favor," says Siscoe. "I count five to four, unless you're counting Shrier. I don't think he's going to be much help, though."

Siscoe steps up to square off with Spider, his nose about eight inches from Spider's. The other young men tense up, but whether to fight or run is uncertain.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot cracks his knuckles and twists his neck from side to side as he assesses the situation.

Melee(umarmed)(+1) + INT(0): 2d6 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 + 0 = 8

"It's been quite a while since we have had a dust-up. I was planning on something else today, but this would be a change." The former policeman is hoping to intimidate the men.

Persuade(+1) + STR(+1): 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 + 1 = 9


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Melee + INT: 2d6 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 + 0 = 6

Spider spares a half-glance towards Shrier, and gives an amused snort. He stares at Siscoe, "No, I'm definitely not counting Shrier. Merely pointing out that you seemed to be doing quite well when it was five against one...but five on four? When the four are combat trained Coalition military? A little different." He looks over Siscoe's shoulder at the others. "You all planning to limp home with broken bones? Or should we just call it a night?"

not sure if more Intimidate checks are required, but if so... :
Persuade + STR: 2d6 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 + 0 = 7


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Melee, Int: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 + 1 = 15

Mascot steps up to face off against the other men, isolating Siscoe with Spider. "CO's right. We ain't drunks at Majuba's. I think the odds are with us. Besides, whatever happens here, I personally promise that one of you ain't walking home. A broken leg hurts like hell. Who's it going to be, one of you? Or him?" He thumbs at Siscoe behind him.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Melee [Blades: 2d6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 1 - 1 = 11

"This is getting silly. If you really want to pull it out and see who can piss further we can. Or we can go back and grab a beer and let this one ride over. Mostly no harm done and no lingering hate from us." Drifter says as he glances back at Shrier.

I will toss in a diplomacy to let this sleeping dog lie.

Diplomacy for beer over brawls+Soc: 2d6 + 0 + 0 ⇒ (5, 5) + 0 + 0 = 10


Pirates of Drinax Links

"Come on, Siscoe," says one of the others, nervously eyeing the four of you. "Come on, man. You made your point."

"This isn't over," says Siscoe, backing away. "We don't need you here on Berens. You're not wanted. This is Guild territory!"

"Come on," he says to his gang, who let Shrier go and back away, then turn to walk quickly out of the alley.

Shrier sags to the ground, bloody and beaten. He seems barely conscious.


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

"Well, this planet just got a little more interesting." Mascot watches them walk away. He turns to Shrier. "Ah s&$!, he's pretty messed up. We need to get him to a doctor."

Have we seen anything like a doctor or clinic in town?


Pirates of Drinax Links

You've heard someone mention that Ravi Keneally's daughter Ada Harridan is a doctor. But don't forget that this time you've shipped out with a real doctor of your own. Navy Lieutenant Su Jian Liu ("Doctor Su") is part of your crew. He's sitting back aboard RCS Resolution with the AI Sandman and the hiver Hopper.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter reaches down to pull up the injured man as easily as he can and helps to support him, "Lets get back to the ship and see if we can patch him up before someone decides we were behind this."


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

"I will go ahead and alert Doctor Su. And clear the way, too," states Flatfoot.

Flatfoot starts out at a trot, alert for Siscoe and his friends. Hopper has not left the ship and they have not determined how the people here would react to the alien. The prospect of explaining Sandman is also quite daunting, too.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Before they head to the ship, Spider takes Shrier by the shoulders and looks him in the eye. "Hey there - Shrier, right? Listen, we're gonna take you to our ship so our doctor can treat your injuries. Is that ok? Is there anyone you want us to contact for you? Family?"


Pirates of Drinax Links

Shrier is unconscious and doesn't look too good.

A crowd of people has begun to gather near the entrance to the alley, a mixture of native Berensi and starship crewman.

"What happened?" says one.

"What did you do to him," asks a middle-aged woman.

"Somebody get the doctor!" says a third.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot gets to the ship and keys the access panel. He could have simply called Doctor Su and the others, of course, but communicating with the alien is sometimes difficult and he wanted to ensure that he was not misunderstood.

Once inside, Flatfoot seeks out the others. "Doctor Su! One of the townsfolk is injured - can you come tend to him? And we might need to bring him back here to the med suite."

"Hopper - I don't think that the townsfolk know that you are with us. This may not be the best time to surprise them, if they are already upset."

"Sandman - same thing. Your presence may alarm these people."

Once the doctor is ready, Flatfoot will accompany him back to the scene of the fight.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider points at the third person who spoke, "If your town's doctor is closer than my ship's medical bay, then lead us there."


Pirates of Drinax Links

Just a reminder - you have a doctor, but no medical bay.

Flatfoot hustles towards the port. It will take a few minutes to get there.

"I'm here," says a slightly-built woman in her early forties. She looks Shrier over and clucks her tongue. She kneels and checks for broken bones and any evidence of internal bleeding, paying particular attention to his ribs and abdomen.

She looks up at Spider and Drifter. "Pick him up, gently," she says in a tone that brooks no argument. "And follow me."

Ada Harrington's shop sells local crafts and Imperial-era antiques from across the subsector. It's back room doubles as the town's hospital. "Put him on the examination table," she says, firmly shutting and locking the door against the growing crowd.

"I assume you didn't do this," she says, though many in the crowd have suggested otherwise. "Tell me what happened."

_____________________________________________________

By this time, Flatfoot has reached Resolution and talked to the crew. Doctor Su grabs his medical kit and hustles to the door to follow Flatfoot. Hopper types on his voder which says "I understand, Flatfoot. I will stay out of sight until called upon."

Sandman's voice comes from the ship's intercom. "Got it. I'll keep a low profile. By the way, when you get a chance you should check out whatever is happening in that garage across the way. There has been a lot of recent activity there. Several men going in and out in the last few minutes. I believe that's where the new Guild ship is parked."

"Flatfoot," adds Sandman. "I saw a lot of this sort of thing on Promise. I know the Captain wanted you to go unarmed on Berens, but things may be about to change. I think you should consider carrying a weapon."


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

"He got roughed up by a bunch of thugs in an alley back there. Not quite sure why. We'll have to ask him when he's not leaking blood everywhere. I think they weren't trying to kill him so much as to send him a message." Mascot hopes that means the man's injuries were less than life threatening.


Shrier tries to sit up, but Ada insists he remain lying down on the examination table while he talks. He is becoming less groggy now as the stimulant Ada injected him with takes effect.

"I was over at Mujiba's, and Nohovig was in there talking to a couple of his Guild stoogies and Siscoe, They were talking low and private, though, like they were cooking something up. So 1 got to thinking about how Nohovig always does business there In Mujiba's, has the paperwork
with him and everything. Well, considering old Arturo's at Jerry Hong's, but Mujiba won't say no to anybody's business, and Arturo always keeps the drink orders coming."

"So, what was 1 talking about? Oh, yeah. So then's nothing wrong with doing business at Mujiba's. Makes good sense, since every captain stops in there anyway as soon as he- grounds ship. But what does Arturo need that office for? They carried in a half-dozen heavy crates when he rented it. Office equipment we all figured, and forgot about it. But he doesn't use it. Hell, he hardly ever even goes there. The windows are all covered, like it's a abandoned, you know? So what does he need an office for? And what's in those crates?"

"Well, I got to thinking about that, and all of a sudden I got to thinking about something else. So I piped up and said, 'Hey, Arturo, you been talking to any of the incoming crews about hiring?'"

"He look up at me, confused like, and says, 'No. Why? Hiring what?'"

"'Hiring what, he says. Now that's pretty peculiar. 'Hiring an astrogator, you fat-head,' I said. 'How're you planning on getting home? Walking?'"

"Now this was real interesting. When I said that, Nohovig got this surprised look on his face, and then he got guilty looking, or embarrassed, or something weird. But not worried about getting home."'Oh, I've done some astrogation in my time,' he says. 'Enough to get us home, anyway.'

"Well, that's a load of bull if ever there was one. I've heard Nohovig try to carry on a conversation with captains who do their own astrogation. They get to talking about gravitic sling-shotting and coordinate drift and stuff like that, and his eyes just glaze over. He doesn't have a clue. Hell, I probably know more about astrogation than he does, and Ada's little nephew Ronnie probably knows more than both of us together, and he's only three years old."

Shrier has been getting more agitated toward the end of this and raises himself up on an elbow, but Ada pushes him firmly back down on the table.

"Okay, Ada, I'll be good. So anyway, I ask him, 'While we're at it, Nohovig, what's in all those crates sitting in your office? What's so secret you got to hide it and lock it up?"

"Nohovig got this real mean look then and just said, 'Mind your own business, old man, if you know what's good for you.' Old man, my ass! If he's a day younger than me, I'll kiss his backside!"

"So I went back to my beer, and they went back to their scheming, or whatever the hell they were doing. Then pretty soon Siscoe and the two stoogies get up and leave. They must have been waiting for me when I left because I never knew what hit me, never saw them coming. Maybe 1
am getting old."

"Drunk's more likely," Ada puts in sarcastically, but then pats him affectionately on the shoulder.[/b]


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider listens to Shrier's story. He considers it for a moment as Ada continues to treat him. He looks at Shrier, "Well, they are clearly serious about hiding whatever's in that office. How does Berens handle crimes like this? My men and I are prepared to stand witness if you intend to accuse Siscoe of the attack."

He turns to Ada, "Dr. Harrington, is there anything you need that will assist in his treatment? We have a doctor onboard the Resolution."


Ada sighs. Berens doesn't have crimes like this. We don't even have a sheriff. I guess we'd handle it with a town meeting."

"I'd like him to have a full scan. Just to make sure there's no organ damage. Maybe your doctor has something better to help those broken ribs."


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot picks up his sidearm before leaving the ship, wondering whether to take arms for his companions. After a moment while he is putting it at the small of his back under his shirt, he grabs a carryall. He quickly puts his companion's sidearms into the carryall, putting a blanket over them to hide them from cursory inspection.

"Let's go, doctor! Stay close but get behind me if things go south."

Flatfoot then leads Doctor Su towards the alley and the injured man.


Pirates of Drinax Links

The crowd outside Ada Harrington's hasn't gotten any smaller, with some of the angry Berensi demanding to know what happened. Then, rising over the voices outside is a sudden banging on the back window of the shop. It sounds like someone very determined to gain the attention of those inside.

______________________________________________________

Flatfoot and Doctor Su are half a dozen blocks away walking down Berensburg's main street when they spot four men in high-tech powered armor walking away from them towards Ada's! With them is an unarmored man easily recognizable as Siscoe Nickrent. Siscoe is armed with an automatic pistol. The armored figures are armed with gauss rifles.

Some city basics. It is a five minute walk from Flatfoot's position back to the ship and perhaps the same distance to Ada Harrington's shop, if there wasn't a hostile force in between.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

I cannot recall - do we have personal communicators?


Pirates of Drinax Links

Yep! But when you engage them, you get nothing but static.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot repeatedly keys his communicator, getting nothing but statis. He turns to the doctor, glancing at him to see how he reacted to the sight of the armored men.

"Doc! Head back to the ship and get Hopper and Sandman to secure it. Monitor our communicators in case this jamming ends. Lift rather than letting the ship get into the hands of whoever is doing this."

Flatfoot waits, ready to answer any questions before leaving himself.

Rather than rushing blindly in, Flatfoot realizes that his absence will soon be noted by Siscoe. He heads towards Ada's but keeps in cover - if nothing else, he will bear witness to what happens to his companions. At best, he can rescue them.

INT(+0)+Streetwise(+2): 2d6 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 0 + 2 = 6


Pirates of Drinax Links

Su hesitates, maybe thinking about the likelihood of casualties or the fact that as an officer he outranks Flatfoot, a Sergeant. But he knows that Flatfoot is an elite RCES operative, so he listens and gets ready to do as told.

"They're wearing armor. They'll murder you and your whole squad if it comes to a fight. Don't you have gear on the ship?"

You do, you know.


Pirates of Drinax Links

On board RCS Resolution are two air/rafts, four suits of TL-12 Combat armor individually sized to each of you, as well as your weapons. You each have a suit of Protec armor, but since Protec looks like civilian clothes, I'm going to rule that you're all wearing the Protec now.

Protec is just cloth woven from advanced ballistic fibers. It provides +4 armor. Your TL 12 Combat Armor Provides +17 armor.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Other stuff you have on the ship

MASCOT

CPL Calvin "Mascot" Sherman wrote:
Well then, Sergeant Sherman will requisition a new gyro-stabilized gauss rifle with extra ammo, a laser pistol side arm, and static sword for boarding engagements.

Gauss Rifle - 600m range, Damage 4D, 80 round magazine, AP 5, Auto 3, Scope

TL 11 Laser Pistol - 30m range, Damage 3D+3, 100 round mag. Zero-G

TL Static Blade - Damage 3D+2, AP 6

_______________________________________________________

DRIFTER

James "Drifter" Monroe wrote:
I will requisition a Laser Rifle and a Laser Pistol. What TL version do I get? I will also get a cutlass.

TL 11 Laser Rifle - 400m range, Damage 5D+3, 100 round mag. Zero-G.

TL 11 Laser Pistol - 30m range, Damage 3D+3, 100 round mag. Zero-G

Cutlass - Damage 3D

_______________________________________________________

FLATFOOT

James "Flatfoot" Nicholls wrote:

Joining the shopping, Flatfoot will order the following:

  • sufficient cutlasses, or similar, for shipboard defense for himself and other crew members
  • slug pistol for himself

TL 11 Laser Rifle - 400m range, Damage 5D+3, 100 round mag. Zero-G.

TL 6 Heavy Revolver - 10m range, Damage 4D-3, 6 rounds. Bulky.

TL 13 Gauss Pistol - 20m Range, Damage 3D, 40 round mag. AP3, Auto 2, Relic

Cutlass - Damage 3D

_______________________________________________________

SPIDER

CDR Jasper "Spider" Webb wrote:

Spider's requisition list:

-Radio Transceivers for everyone
-2 Surveillance Bugs
-Portable Computer
-Medikit
-Binoculars
-Electronics kit
-A couple of tents
-Combat Knife
-Advanced Combat Rifle
-Laser Pistol
-Grenade Launcher
-An anti-armor rocket launcher (like we had on Isis)

TL 3 Combat Knife - Damage 1D+2

TL 11 Laser Rifle - 400m range, Damage 5D+3, 100 round mag. Zero-G.

TL 10 Advanced Combat Rifle - 450m range, Damage 3D, 40 rd. mag., Auto 3, Scope. (includes IR and light amplification sight, flash suppressor and an adaptor for launching a 40-mm grenade via an Auxiliary Grenade Launcher.)

TL-9 Rocket Launcher - 250m. range, Damage 5D+6, 8kg, 2-round mag. Blast 6, Scope, Smart.

TL 7 Auxiliary Grenade Launcher - 100m. range, 1 round mag. Requires 3 minor actions to reload. Sits on an ACR.

TL 7 Grenade Launcher - A separate weapon with 6 rounds in the mag. Otherwise as Auxiliary Grenade Launcher.

Grenade Types:

- Aerosol - Reduces damage of laser weapons
- Baton - Non-lethal stun weapons
- EMP - Shuts down or fries unshielded electronics
- Frag - Designed to kill. Damage 5D, Blast 9
- Incendiary - Damage 2D, Blast 3, fire
- Neurotoxin - You don't have access to these!
- Smoke - Imposes -2 DM to all attacks. Ignored by IR vision.
- Stun - Incapacitates - Damage 3D, Blast 9, Stun
- Thermal Smoke - As Smoke, but also blocks IR
- Tranq Gas - Can render unconscious foes without respirators

____________________________________

AP 5 - Armor Piercing 5 - Ignores 5 armor

Auto 3 - Fires 3 rounds with one pull of the trigger.

Single: Attacks are made using the normal combat rules.

Burst: Add the Auto score to damage. This uses a number of rounds equal to the Auto score.

Full Auto: Make a number of attacks equal to the Auto score. These attacks can be made against separate targets so long as they are all within six metres of one another. Full auto uses a number of rounds equal to three times the Auto score.

A weapon cannot use the Auto trait in the same action as the Scope trait or aiming action.

Blast X - This weapon has an explosive component or is otherwise able to affect targets spread across a wide area. Upon a successful attack, damage is rolled against every target within the weapon’s Blast score in metres. Dodge Reactions may not be made against a Blast weapon, but targets may dive for cover. Cover may be taken advantage of if it lies between a target and the centre of the weapon’s Blast.

Bulky - Requires a STR of 9 or greater to use without penalty.

Relic - This weapon is at least a century old, a relic of the Imperium. Supplies of replacement parts are extremely limited.

Scope - The weapon has been fitted with vision enhancing sights, allowing it to put shots on target from far greater ranges. A weapon with the Scope trait ignores the rule that limits all attacks made at a range greater than 100 metres are automatically Extreme Range, so long as the Traveller aims before shooting.

Smart - This weapon has intelligent or semi-intelligent rounds that are able to guide themselves onto a target. They gain a DM to their attack rolls equal to the difference between their TL and that of the target, to a minimum of DM+1 and a maximum of DM+6.

Zero-G - Low recoil. Can be used in Zero-G without the need for an Acrobatics check.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider starts to ask the doctor if she thinks she can calm the crowd down but is interrupted by the banging. He moves quickly to the rear window and peers out.


Pirates of Drinax Links

There is a young man standing there, looking very nervous. Spider is fairly certain he's one of the guys who was with Siscoe surrounding Shrier. "Hurry!" he says. "Open up!"


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider takes a quick look around to make sure the man is alone, opens the door for him, then shuts the door quickly behind the man when he enters.

Spider looks him over. "Well? Do you have something to tell us? Or are you here to apologize to the man you mugged?"


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot moves to block the man from getting through to Shrier. "You better make this good. Otherwise, I have half a mind to send you back in the same shape Shrier's in."


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot skids to a halt, turning back to Dr. Su. "You are right. Let's get back and I will armor up. Do we have a cargo hauler to take armor for the others?"

Flatfoot will go back to the ship, alert for anyone else in armor who might have designs on the ship.

Once there and inside the safety of the ship, he will don his combat armor before taking his laser rifle and pistol. He asks the doctor and others on the ship, "Is anyone a good enough pilot to lift the ship and move it across the village?"


Pirates of Drinax Links
CDR Jasper "Spider" Webb wrote:

Spider takes a quick look around to make sure the man is alone, opens the door for him, then shuts the door quickly behind the man when he enters.

Spider looks him over. "Well? Do you have something to tell us? Or are you here to apologize to the man you mugged?"

CPL Calvin "Mascot" Sherman wrote:
Mascot moves to block the man from getting through to Shrier. "You better make this good. Otherwise, I have half a mind to send you back in the same shape Shrier's in."

Spider and Mascot both instantly notice that the young man is carrying a pistol in his belt. It's put in the front where fools and inexperienced combatants keep them - right where it'll hit you in the privates if you try to sit.

The young man with a big handlebar mustache looks ashamed... but mostly very scared. "Yeah, look. I didn't know it was going to be like that. But that's not why I'm here. They're crazy, man. I mean, they're certifiable! Arturo's going to take down the whole town. He's got some serious heat and he's coming for you right now. I said I'd come with them, but I didn't sign up for this."

"My family lives here, man. I mean, screw them, right? Except not like this. I may not like the happy-go-lucky dumbass system they got here, but that doesn't mean I want to see anyone get hurt. Arturo's going to make himself god-king or something. I mean, what the actual hell? That ain't the Guild way! The Guild doesn't get involved in dirtside stuff."

"They've got some big guns and badass armor, man, and they are coming to clean house. I mean, I think the rest of us are just in the way. But they want to put you in the ground, you hear me? I ran all the way here. You gotta go, man! S+*!, I gotta go. They can't find me here."


Pirates of Drinax Links
James "Flatfoot" Nicholls wrote:

Flatfoot skids to a halt, turning back to Dr. Su. "You are right. Let's get back and I will armor up. Do we have a cargo hauler to take armor for the others?"

Flatfoot will go back to the ship, alert for anyone else in armor who might have designs on the ship.

The crews of the other ships seem to be aware something is happening in town. Crewman are headed for their ships. No authority seems to be in charge.

"We have two air/rafts in the cargo bay," Doctor Su reminds him. "You take one and I'll take the other? I can station it outside the town for an evacuation or as an ambulance."

James "Flatfoot" Nicholls wrote:
Once there and inside the safety of the ship, he will don his combat armor before taking his laser rifle and pistol.

As soon as Hopper understands what is happening, the hiver begins hauling equipment, armor and weapons and tossing them into one of the air/rafts.

When Flatfoot is about halfway into his armor (with the help of the doctor), Sandman interrupts. "I'm picking up gunfire, Flatfoot. I'd guess at least two weapons. The signature is unusual. Flat. Possibly some sort of relic technology. I can't get a read on the distance, but the direction is from the center of town.

James "Flatfoot" Nicholls wrote:
He asks the doctor and others on the ship, [b]"Is anyone a good enough pilot to lift the ship and move it across the village?"

"You're joking," says Sandman. "Right?" The deck trembles slightly as [i]Resolution's powerful engines begin to heat up.

"I can have us moving in five minutes," says Sandman. "But the air/rafts are fully charged. You can get there faster in them than I can."


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

"Sounds like a plan! Doctor Su - take the second air/raft and stay low, out of sight from the town if you can!," calls Flatfoot. "We will call if we need evac or an ambulance."

"Hopper - you better hold tight! Sandman - keep the engines hot. As I said, lift if the ship is in danger of being captured - it and you are too important to risk!"

Flatfoot shrugs the last bit of armor into place and moves as quickly as possible to the controls of the air/raft with the armor and weapons. He accelerates once he is clear, taking a route down the streets to the centre of town, hoping that speed and surprise will protect the air/raft and himself.

Dexterity(0)+Flyer(0): 2d6 + 0 + 0 ⇒ (1, 1) + 0 + 0 = 2


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider curses, then tries to raise Flatfoot on the comms. Finding static to be the only reply, he curses some more. He considers what the Guilders might be using to jam their signal, and what a likely range for the jamming effect might be.

Comms + EDU: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 + 1 = 7

"Alright, we need to get out of here and lead these lunatics away from town so they don't kill anyone." Spider turns back to the young man, "What direction are they coming from?"


Pirates of Drinax Links

Waiting for a response from Spider/Drifter/Mascot.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

hmmm....do you not see Spider's post right above yours, Scott? I can see it, but I did have to post it 3 times last night before it showed up.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter waits for the equipment to arrive and keeps an eye out for anyone that might be trying to sneak up on them.


Pirates of Drinax Links
CDR Jasper "Spider" Webb wrote:
hmmm....do you not see Spider's post right above yours, Scott? I can see it, but I did have to post it 3 times last night before it showed up.

Well, now I do. It wasn't there before.


Pirates of Drinax Links
James "Drifter" Monroe wrote:
Drifter waits for the equipment to arrive and keeps an eye out for anyone that might be trying to sneak up on them.

Because of the jamming, you don't know that there is equipment incoming. All you know is that Flatfoot went looking for Doctor Su.


Pirates of Drinax Links
CDR Jasper "Spider" Webb wrote:
Spider curses, then tries to raise Flatfoot on the comms. Finding static to be the only reply, he curses some more. He considers what the Guilders might be using to jam their signal, and what a likely range for the jamming effect might be.

Spider isn't certain about Guild comms capabilities. Assuming they're either using relic technology or something reverse-engineered from Imperial technology, it's likely that the Guild would be using a standard TL 10 portable comms suite. Although given the supposedly new starship that Novohig was selling, it seems possible that they could be fielding something more sophisticated. The TL-10 portable comms suite could provide broad-spectrum jamming over a 10-km radius, though it was limited by its available power supply. The jammer is most likely in Berensburg and that means its likely to be in Novohig's store, where they were storing something.

CDR Jasper "Spider" Webb wrote:
"Alright, we need to get out of here and lead these lunatics away from town so they don't kill anyone." Spider turns back to the young man, "What direction are they coming from?"

The young man's response is cut off by the sound of gunfire a block away. It's an unusual flat sound that few outside of special forces are used to - it's a gauss rifle, probably a TL-13 imperial relic. You can hear the sound of laser fire as well. Screams and shouts erupt in the street as the crowd outside panics and scatters.

851 to 900 of 1,033 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Path of Tears Campaign - Traveller: The New Era All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.