GM SpiderBeard's Second Darkness

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 3: The Armageddon Echo

Online Maps | Loot Spreadsheet


3,851 to 3,900 of 4,398 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

DR: 2/-|Spell Slots: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 5/5; 3rd: 4/4|Performance Rounds: 28/28|Female Human (Shoanti) Skald 9|AC: 20/13/17 (19/12/16 in Raging Song)|HP: 67/67|Saves: Fort: +9, Ref: +6, Will: +8 (+11 in Raging Song) (+4 vs. Bardic Performance, Sonic, Language-Dependent, +1 vs Fear)|Init: +6|Perc: +14

Round 2: Actions
Free Action: Maintain Raging Song
Full-Round Action: Double Move into the room

Fiona follows the group in.


.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Grunyn hauls out a maulaxe and lunges at the vrock, just missing his attack.

A huge cloud of spores flies out from the vrock, settling into Grunyn, Variel, and Mutt! The spores immediately start growing into thick green vines as they touch your skin.

The Vrock then leans back, and lets out a cacaphonic shriek!

RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Round Two:

Fiona
Grunyn (-4) (vines)
---
Vrock
---
Variel (-17) (vines)
Keanu
Thaddeus
Mutt (-4) (vines)

Variel, Mutt, and Grunyn take 1d8 ⇒ 4 damage, and have some weird vines on them. Everyone must make a DC 21 fort save or be stunned for one round! You're all up.


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

His constitution fortified by both his faith and Fiona's song, Variel ignores the vines and attacks the vrock.

Swift action to declare "Bane" then full attack. If Lusk moves up into melee this round, add 4 to the attacks for Flanking.

Longsword: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26+4 for flank? Damage (magic, cold iron): 1d8 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 11 + (6, 4) = 25
Spirit Mote: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Longsword iterative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21+4 for flank? Damage (magic, cold iron): 1d8 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + (4, 1) = 17
Spirit Mote: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Thaddeus clutches his ears in agony at the unholy shriek, curling up, unable to move.


DR: 2/-|Spell Slots: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 5/5; 3rd: 4/4|Performance Rounds: 28/28|Female Human (Shoanti) Skald 9|AC: 20/13/17 (19/12/16 in Raging Song)|HP: 67/67|Saves: Fort: +9, Ref: +6, Will: +8 (+11 in Raging Song) (+4 vs. Bardic Performance, Sonic, Language-Dependent, +1 vs Fear)|Init: +6|Perc: +14

Fortitude Save *Good Hope, Raging Song, Well-Versed*: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 4 = 19

The vulture-demon's shriek causes Fiona's song to waver...

Using my immediate action to cast Saving Finale!

Fortitude Save *Good Hope, Well-Versed*: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 33

...but with a flourish, the skald brings her first performance to a climactic end that keeps her wits about her!

Round 2: Actions
Move Action: Start Singing again
Standard Action: Move to engage the Beast

Her song starts anew, imbuing all who listen with renewed strength! She strides forward, twirling her hammer as she walks.


.

Variel starts laying into the Vrock with a couple of vicious strikes. Thaddeus is frozen solid by the shriek while Fiona barely resists it.

Mutt, Lusk, and Grunyn are up!


HP: 75/75 | AC: 20/18/12 CMD: 23 | F: +4 R: +8 W: +8 | Initiative: +2 | Perception +15
Skills:
Acrobatics +13(17) Disable Device +13(15) Dungeoneering +17 Linguistics +11 Stealth +15

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24

Keanu moves up aside Grunyn to hack at the demon

Greatsword (1): 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 3 + 4 = 15
Damage (slashing, silver): 2d6 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 15 + 2 = 21

Greatsword (2): 1d20 + 7 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 3 + 4 = 28
Damage (slashing, silver): 2d6 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 15 + 2 = 23
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 3 + 4 = 21
Critical: 2d6 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 15 + 2 = 22
45 if confirmed.

Spirit Mote Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 4 + 4 = 38
Negative Energy Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Confirm: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 4 + 4 = 19
Critical: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
LOL

AC is 23


Male Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Bloodrager (primalist) 9 | AC 19 T 12 FF 19 | Damage Reduction 1/- | HP 90/90 | F +10 R +4 W +6 (+1 morale bonus to all saves vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +13

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Ouch...

Mutt is about to strike the demon when it screams. He's blasted by it, dropping his weapon and covering his ears.

Current Stats:
AC 19, touch 7, flat-footed 19; hp 92/97; Fort +14, Fortitude +5 Will +9; Melee +1 elf bane greataxe +15/+10 (+17/+12) + 2 - 1 (1d12 + 7 + 2/x3) (deals extra 2d6 to elves) or masterwork cold iron warhammer +15/+10 + 2 - 1 (1d8 + 6 + 2/x3) or masterwork longsword +14/+9 + 2 - 1 (1d8 + 6 + 2/19-20) or +1 pickaxe +15/+10 + 2 - 1 (1d8 + 7 + 2/x4); Str 22, Con 20; CMB +13; CMD 23; Skills Climb +12 + 2, Swim +9 + 2; morale bonuses on saves (+2), attack rolls (+2), damage rolls (+2), ability checks (+2), and skill checks (+2)

Current Effects:
Shield 61/80 rounds
Ironskin 61/80 rounds
Enlarge Person 61/80 rounds
Coordinated Effort 61/80 rounds
Shield Other
Life Pact 41/60 rounds
Good Hope 61/80 rounds
Bloodrage 26/36 rounds


.

I've sent a message separately, but if we don't have him back by the time this area is done I'll have to re-remove Grunyn. :( And no crit confirm, Lusk. Close though.

GM Rolls:

Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Maulaxe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Attacks: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 201d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 311d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 351d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 201d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 = 182d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 = 111d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Spores: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Lusk, Variel, and Grunyn all lay into the Vrock, attacking it repeatedly. Spore and blood fly everywhere but the creature is still very much still in the fight. Screecing as it narrowly avoided a devastating blow from Lusk, the Vrock leaps on the masked figure, ripping and biting but only landing two blows.

Lusk takes 18 damage. Variel, Mutt, and Grunyn take 1 damage as the weird vines keep growing. Everyone is up, and no longer stunned!


HP: 75/75 | AC: 20/18/12 CMD: 23 | F: +4 R: +8 W: +8 | Initiative: +2 | Perception +15
Skills:
Acrobatics +13(17) Disable Device +13(15) Dungeoneering +17 Linguistics +11 Stealth +15

Keanu snarls and keeps hacking as the Demon remains standing.

Greatsword (1): 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 3 + 4 = 33
Damage (slashing, silver): 2d6 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 15 + 2 = 25
Confirm: 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 3 + 4 = 22
Critical: 2d6 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 15 + 2 = 26
51 if confirmed.

Greatsword (2): 1d20 + 7 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 3 + 4 = 19
Damage (slashing, silver): 2d6 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 15 + 2 = 22

Spirit Mote Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 4 + 4 = 32
Negative Energy Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

AC is 23


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

Is there a knowledge check to know how to get rid of the spore vines?

Longsword: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 Damage (magic, cold iron): 1d8 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 11 + (4, 3) = 24
Spirit Mote: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Longsword iterative: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Damage (magic, cold iron): 1d8 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 9 + (3, 5) = 24
Spirit Mote: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Oh, come on! Two 1's???
Variel attempts to ignore the vines, but the itching and crawling feeling are too distracting.

Time / Uses remaining:

Bane: 5/8 uses
Judgment: 2/3 uses
Invisibility Purge: 6/8 minutes
Expeditious Retreat: 6/8 minutes
Coordinated Effort - Outflank (Mutt, Lusk): 6/8 minutes
Antitoxin: 58/60 minutes
Heightened Awareness: 78/80 minutes
Discovery Torch: 88/90 minutes

With raging song, HP is currently 43/61; AC is 20 (13T)


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

Thaddeus shakes his head to clear it, and maneuvers around behind Mutt, trying to get a better angle at the demon. Though lacking any specific spells at his current position, he settles for the old standby of folding his arms, tilting his head, raising his eyebrow, and giving it a sideways glance.

"Feathers ain't armour, stupid bird."

MOVE: Move up to current position.
STANDARD: Evil Eye hex on the Vrock, -4 to his AC for one round. DC 18 Will save or it lingers for 8 rounds.


.

Actually, yes. And you passed it - missed it in the earlier knowledge check.

Reeling from the blow, Lusk spins in place and cuts out with a brutal backhand. It cleaves into the Vrock's collarbone, sending it to the ground in a mess of blood, feathers, and spores. With a squawk, it dies. As it dies, Variel recalls that a bless spell will take care of the vines. They can also just be cut off and will eventually stop.

End of Combat


Male Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Bloodrager (primalist) 9 | AC 19 T 12 FF 19 | Damage Reduction 1/- | HP 90/90 | F +10 R +4 W +6 (+1 morale bonus to all saves vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +13

Mutt removes his hands from his ears and then sees the vrock die. The vines on his arms don't cause him any pain. He picks up his greataxe, miffed that he didn't hit the demon. Looking at his arm vines, he says, "These are annoying. How do I get rid of them?"


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

"A blessing from a priest should do the trick ... Grunyn, do you have another available? Failing that, just take a dagger and shave them off."

He takes stock of his condition and adds, "And some healing would be appreciated. If you can cover the group, I can save my spells."

Assuming Grunyn casts Bless and channels...if not, Variel will take time to get rid of the vines and heal himself.
Variel looks around the room quickly, then moves back to approach the next tower.

Are we still hearing nothing from the other groups we came with? If so, is there anything to draw our attention to one tower over the other?


.

Grunyn unfortunately does not have the right spell prepared, but does cast some healing on the group. After some frustration, the vines are cut off and the roots whither and die.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

Listening carefully, you continue to hear nothing. Whatever happened to the groups happened during the noise of combat. The main hallway is silent.

Survival DC 15:

You spot some blood spatters heading to the east, past the altar and to the double doors.


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

Automatic success on the Survival. My total bonus is +16, thanks to Pattern Recognition.

"Huh, 'dere's some blood splatters here, headin' east in th'main hall, 'dere. What th'hell? Don' tell me every'ne else got bushwacked 'n killed off. Where's th'others?"

"Still, we seem t'be doin' good. Rest 'n heal a 'bit 'r press on?"

Thaddeus pulls out his healing wand, in case.


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -
Thaddeus Claville wrote:
"Still, we seem t'be doin' good. Rest 'n heal a 'bit 'r press on?"

"Just enough to let Mutt catch his breath and patch up, then move east following that blood."

After the channel, Variel casts CLW on himself 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 and is back to full. I suggest we give Mutt his minute to recover from fatigue, then move to the eastern door, following the blood trail.

Grunyn cast bless when we first started, and it is 1 min/level, so it may or may not still be up. Fiona's Good Hope spell should still be good, along with Variel's minute per level spells.

Time / Uses remaining:

Bane: 5/8 uses
Judgment: 2/3 uses
Invisibility Purge: 5/8 minutes
Expeditious Retreat: 5/8 minutes
Coordinated Effort - Outflank (Mutt, Lusk): 5/8 minutes
Antitoxin: 57/60 minutes
Heightened Awareness: 77/80 minutes
Discovery Torch: 87/90 minutes


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

I can use my CLW wand to heal people up, then. Who'se injured?


HP: 75/75 | AC: 20/18/12 CMD: 23 | F: +4 R: +8 W: +8 | Initiative: +2 | Perception +15
Skills:
Acrobatics +13(17) Disable Device +13(15) Dungeoneering +17 Linguistics +11 Stealth +15

Keanu is only down 12 after the channel.


Male Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Bloodrager (primalist) 9 | AC 19 T 12 FF 19 | Damage Reduction 1/- | HP 90/90 | F +10 R +4 W +6 (+1 morale bonus to all saves vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +13

I'm at full health.

Mutt cuts the vines off of his hands, releasing his anger. At Variel's suggestion to let Mutt rest from his rage, the warrior nods in thanks.


.

You move to the east door and in front of a vile-looking altar.

Set into the north wall of this antechamber is a black pillar of
stone, carved with hundreds of small, wicked symbols. A flicker of purple light pulses from these runes, traveling up and down the pillar’s length. In front of the pillar is a prayer rug made of blood-soaked paper.

The spots of blood Thaddeus is following clearly lead through the doors.


HP: 75/75 | AC: 20/18/12 CMD: 23 | F: +4 R: +8 W: +8 | Initiative: +2 | Perception +15
Skills:
Acrobatics +13(17) Disable Device +13(15) Dungeoneering +17 Linguistics +11 Stealth +15

"Should we do something about that?" Keanu asks as they pass by the altar.


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

Before opening the door, Variel says a magical word and examines the altar.

Detect Magic, Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18, Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Take 10 for 33 Perception around the altar and the door.


Male Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Bloodrager (primalist) 9 | AC 19 T 12 FF 19 | Damage Reduction 1/- | HP 90/90 | F +10 R +4 W +6 (+1 morale bonus to all saves vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +13

Mutt loks over the altar as well.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Take 10 on Perception for 22.


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

Start with Keanu
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Moving on to myself
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Let's clear out 'dis place of unfreindlies first, 'den we 'kin consider redecoratin'."


.

Variel's caution rewards him as he quickly spots a magical trap on the door. He identifies it as a very nasty delayed blast fireball. It looks like they can be bypassed in some way related to the prayer mat and is triggered by opening the door.

The shrine itself is to Abraxis, the demon lord of magic and forbidden lore. There is not much else of note here. The altar is foul, and the trap is obviously very, very nasty.


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

Variel steps back and points to where he sees the trap. "Thaddeus, can you bring the magic on that down, at least long enough for us to open the door?"

I don't think any of us can disable it, but Dispel Magic could suppress it long enough to open the door without triggering it.

"Failing that, we go out and around to the other side, where the other team entered."


.

Variel can also tell the trap is triggered through opening the door.


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

Thaddeus studies the door for a moment.

"Ah kin cert'nly try, though will admit may not work. Ev'ryone ready? As Variel said, won' last long, so we'd better get through lickety-split."

After giving everyone time to quickly prepare, Thaddeus casts his spell.

"May wanna stand back. Not 'dat it should explode if Ah don't make it... But best be safe. Also, if 'dis don'work, Ah got a backup plan."

Targeted Dispel Magic aiming for the Delayed Blast Fireball trap. Assuming it functions as a magic item, it'll be suppressed for 1d4 rounds. DC 11+the spell's caster level.)
Dispel check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Oops.

"Dangit, 'dat was no good."

Going to see if there's another effect before I continue.


Male Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Bloodrager (primalist) 9 | AC 19 T 12 FF 19 | Damage Reduction 1/- | HP 90/90 | F +10 R +4 W +6 (+1 morale bonus to all saves vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +13

Mutt frowns as Thaddeus's spell seems to fizzle out.


.

As a note, this door is the only known way into this part of the academy. The two entrances were either by the vrock, or in the other dome to the west, which you have not explored yet.

The dispel magic spell simply fizzles.


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

"Hold on, Variel. 'Dis tower didn't have a way inside. Th'other points t'get in were th'lab, or th'other dome. Seems like if we want t'get inside, it's gotta be through th'door."

Thaddeus gets involved in inspecting the dweomers surrounding the trap.

"Think Ah got an' idea, here. Gimmie a moment."

Is the trap single use? That is, it'll explode and that's that? Or will it persist, and anybody that goes past activates it? Following that, is it only opening the door that'll trigger it, so if one person opens the door and holds it, everyone else can get in without issue?


.

Single use.


HP: 75/75 | AC: 20/18/12 CMD: 23 | F: +4 R: +8 W: +8 | Initiative: +2 | Perception +15
Skills:
Acrobatics +13(17) Disable Device +13(15) Dungeoneering +17 Linguistics +11 Stealth +15

Grappling hook it?


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

"Alright, so here's mah plan. Gotta spell 'dat should suck up all th'burnin' fire on one person. So Ah cast it on somebody, 'dey open th'door while th'rest o'us stay clear. 'Den we charge. Should block all th'fire, 'n 'den some, unless 'dis be hotter 'den a dang volcano. Need a volunteer, 'do."

In game terms, I cast Protection from Energy on one person, who opens the door. It'll block 96 points of fire damage, which should (I hope) cover the blazing flames of the door, while everyone else stands outside of range. Then, with the door open and the trap depleted, we charge. Need one person to risk the flames, and to stand by their lonesome after the door opens for as long as it takes the rest of us to follow.


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

I am loath to volunteer someone else, but Lusk has the best Reflex save among us; on the other hand Mutt has the most hit points. Either of you game? I can cast Resistance for an extra +1 on the save.


HP: 75/75 | AC: 20/18/12 CMD: 23 | F: +4 R: +8 W: +8 | Initiative: +2 | Perception +15
Skills:
Acrobatics +13(17) Disable Device +13(15) Dungeoneering +17 Linguistics +11 Stealth +15

I'm fine with it, was just waiting to see what all our options were.

"I'll do it." Keanu tells the Witch.


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

Variel speaks a word and touches Lusk's shoulder. "Good luck. And if you are consumed by the flames, we shall speak of your bravery for the rest of our days." The barest of smiles says he is joking through the danger.

Casting resistance just before Lusk goes up.

"How large of a blast do we expect?"


DR: 2/-|Spell Slots: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 5/5; 3rd: 4/4|Performance Rounds: 28/28|Female Human (Shoanti) Skald 9|AC: 20/13/17 (19/12/16 in Raging Song)|HP: 67/67|Saves: Fort: +9, Ref: +6, Will: +8 (+11 in Raging Song) (+4 vs. Bardic Performance, Sonic, Language-Dependent, +1 vs Fear)|Init: +6|Perc: +14

Fiona, having been oddly quiet this whole time, grimaces in anxiety and turns away.


.

Damage: 14d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 6, 2, 5, 6, 5, 5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 6) = 71

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Thaddeus quickly enchants Lusk who, bolstered against energy, yanks the door open. He's unfortunately not quick enough to avoid the brunt of the spell, but the spell holds up as an incredible inferno fills the hallway, hot enough to redden the faces of the rest of you standing back. When the flames subside, Lusk is unharmed.

You peer into the room beyond.

Unlike the other rooms of this place, this large chamber has been restored to its former beauty. Polished white marble gleams from the walls, carved in the likeness of dancing and frolicking elves. Along one wall is a gigantic sparkling pool of crystal clear water, behind which stands a gateway made of the purest alabaster, carefully shaped to look
like a ring of leaves.

In the center of the pool, a comely elven maiden reclines on a tremendous
floating leaf.

As the door opens with a terrific burst of flame, the elven maiden gasps. "You're not drow! Oh please help me!"


DR: 2/-|Spell Slots: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 5/5; 3rd: 4/4|Performance Rounds: 28/28|Female Human (Shoanti) Skald 9|AC: 20/13/17 (19/12/16 in Raging Song)|HP: 67/67|Saves: Fort: +9, Ref: +6, Will: +8 (+11 in Raging Song) (+4 vs. Bardic Performance, Sonic, Language-Dependent, +1 vs Fear)|Init: +6|Perc: +14

O_O

Holy s&$!, that was a damn strong delayed blast fireball.

Fiona flinches and almost cries out as the fireball explodes, but is quite happy to see Keanu emerge unscathed. "I could feel the heat from all the way over here--it was worse than a cinderstorm!"

When she enters the room, Fiona calls out to the elven maiden on the leaf. "Who are you? What's keeping you bound here?"


HP: 75/75 | AC: 20/18/12 CMD: 23 | F: +4 R: +8 W: +8 | Initiative: +2 | Perception +15
Skills:
Acrobatics +13(17) Disable Device +13(15) Dungeoneering +17 Linguistics +11 Stealth +15

*nods*

”Yes, it was very hot, probably enough to melt skin. But Mister Variel’s magic preserved me.” Keanu reassures Fiona with a smile.

As they enter the room Keanu arches a brow at the Maiden but says nothing yet as the Skald questions her.


NG Male Human Witch 9 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 (14 Touch, 17 Flat-footed) | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort. +8, Ref. +5, Will +8 | Init. +5 | Perc. +10/12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4, 4th 3/3, 5th 1/1 | Active conditions: N/A

Hoo, you be right. That would've been enough to charbroil any of us except Mutt.
Note you still have 25 points of fire absorption for the next hour or so, Keanu.

Quote:
”Yes, it was very hot, probably enough to melt skin. But Mister Variel’s magic preserved me.”

"Uhh...."

Thaddeus' clarification is interrupted as they walk into the room, seeing the scene in front of them. Thaddeus cocks an eyebrow disbelivingly, and leans over to Variel, whispering.

"Does 'dis strike yeh as a crock o'horse droppins', too?"


HP: 75/75 | AC: 20/18/12 CMD: 23 | F: +4 R: +8 W: +8 | Initiative: +2 | Perception +15
Skills:
Acrobatics +13(17) Disable Device +13(15) Dungeoneering +17 Linguistics +11 Stealth +15

Whoops! Sorry Thaddeus, I looked up and saw Variel casting Resistance so I typed his name by mistake >_< He wouldn't have said Variel.


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

Variel is happy to take credit, though. ;-)

Thaddeus Claville wrote:

Thaddeus cocks an eyebrow disbelivingly, and leans over to Variel, whispering.

"Does 'dis strike yeh as a crock o'horse droppins', too?"

The elf nods, and steps warily into the room, looking around at the pristine marble. He taps the wall gently with the butt of his whip. "

นี่คือห้องที่สวยงามน่าอัศจรรย์ที่คุณมี คุณเก็บมันไว้ได้อย่างไร?"
Elven:
This is an amazingly beautiful room you have. How have you kept it so pristine?

Variel still has Discovery Torch and Invisibility Purge going, so as he walks in, he's watching for signs of hidden creatures or illusions. Taking 10 for 33 Perception and 31 Sense Motive. He is particularly interested in whether she responds in Elven, and if so what her accent might reveal.

Time/Uses remaining:

Bane: 5/8 uses
Judgment: 2/3 uses
Invisibility Purge: 4/8 minutes
Expeditious Retreat: 4/8 minutes
Coordinated Effort - Outflank (Mutt, Lusk): 4/8 minutes
Antitoxin: 56/60 minutes
Heightened Awareness: 76/80 minutes
Discovery Torch: 86/90 minutes


Male Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Bloodrager (primalist) 9 | AC 19 T 12 FF 19 | Damage Reduction 1/- | HP 90/90 | F +10 R +4 W +6 (+1 morale bonus to all saves vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +13

Sorry for my delay. Also, that fireball was insane!

Mutt hears the plan and is about to volunteer when Lusk steps forward. The warrior snorts and lets this happen. When the explosion happens, Mutt has to shield his eyes from the intensity. He sighs in relief as Lusk survives. Seeing the inside of the room and the elf maiden, he frowns in suspicion. He carefully looks around greataxe gripped tightly.

Perception (good hope): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15
Sense Motive (good hope): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

I'm assuming that my spell effects go down by a minute (or 10 rounds), right?


.

Going to slow up on updates for the week guys, personal life is insane. Bear with!


CN Male Elf Inquisitor of Calistria 9 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (T 12 F 20) | CMB +10, CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +11 | Init. +5 | Percep +18, Sense Motive +20 | Speed 30ft (60ft) | Judgment: 3/day (0 used) | Bane:9/day (0 used)| Conditions: -

Fair enough, thanks for the warning!

Mutt, that's what I figured, so I ticked all of mine down by a minute.


.

Back, thanks for your patience! And yeah, take a minute off.

The elven woman sighs in relief as Fiona engages. Her voice has a curious lilt to it. "I died thousands of years ago, but my spirit was bound here by the drow where I have been forced to serve them. Please, tell me of the world outside! What empires reign? What brings non-drow to Celwynvian? Your accents are so strange."

3,851 to 3,900 of 4,398 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.