GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Six: Shadows of Gallowspire

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


8,301 to 8,350 of 8,368 << first < prev | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | next > last >>

Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Round 5

She continues to chip away at the Vampire jerk.

”cawCAW!”

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 2, 3) + 5 = 18 force damage
11/50 charges left.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 20 (5 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills,
ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
11/50 charges left.


Male Human Ranger Level 13 -143 HP/ AC 27 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

fort save: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 4 = 27 DC 23. Bears Endurance spell.

Bronin shakes off the situation and effects. He bends his knees and jumps again! He jumped over 12 feet high last time, he doesn't expect as much without a running jump, but he should clear more than enough to get his sword onto Aishe.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 + 30 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 30 = 44 feet jumped=divided by 4.
long sword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
damage: 2d6 + 20 ⇒ (6, 2) + 20 = 28 lead blades, PA, Disgraced, Favored Enemy.


Male Human Ranger Level 13 -143 HP/ AC 27 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Sorry, Bears Endurance only gives +2.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/13 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 121 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +22*

Unable to attack the flying foe, Adder sheathes his sword and throws a rope at Whiskeyjack. "Here my friend!"

Assist Grapple w/ CMB: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena rushes around the corner, trying to show Bronin what her amulet did. "Did you see that!?" She holds it up and it sparkles in the light.

Split Hex- Give Lena and Bronin Fortune

The air elemental swirls into Aisa.

Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Status:

HP 89/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Shield Companion
2nd: Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:
4th:
5th: Wracking Ray; Shadow Evocation
6th: Mass Suggestion
Wands: Mage Armor (47/50); CLW (30/50)
PotPie
HP 68/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- active)
Effects: None
Battleform 2/3


.

As the cloud clears, Bronin leaps into the air with another slash, followed by Wren's magic missile.

However it's Lena, who after teleporting into a new spot, blasts Aisa with a fireball and then fires a fistful of scorching rays into her face. Aisa flies across the room with the force of the fire blast, slams into the wall, and collapses to the ground, dead.

End of Combat


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren fires her wand again into the corpse, waiting for her to turn gaseous and not trusting her rouse.

”cawCAW!”

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 4, 3) + 5 = 22 force damage
10/50 charges left.

If and when it does turn gaseous he will follow the gas as best she can, wanting to learn where the vampire lairs. However, if the body does not turn, she will ask that its magical belongings be tossed to her so she might examine the magics.


Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

Grapple checks:

Not sure how long the spell lasts, but Whickeyjack as going to try and get out.

grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Sputtering and cursing, Whiskeyjack finally pulled his way out of the spell effect and collapsed onto his back. His mutterings went on for a long while, and only the occasional words could be made out. Most of the noises he made sounded like rocks crashing together.

Ignan language:

Lots and lots of cursing. Like German, ignan is a GREAT language to curse in, for the pure sound of it.

As he finally got himself under control, Whiskeyjack said, "How be ye? I be bruised an' hurtin' a bi' bu' i' be easier fer me t' heal meself than everyone else. Also, I be fearin' tha' fight showed me 'ow worn down I be in th' spell department. Mebbe we ken be restin' fer a time before continuin'?"

Whiskeyjack channeled a bit of his energy into healing for the group, then sat back and looked...tired.

healing: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 5) = 16


.

You all take a moment to recover after the fight against the crazed vampire, with Wren making sure to do the post-vampire care you're now used to. There's also a body to loot.

Aisa is laden with magical equipment, which you sort through:

Wren's Spellcraft: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 281d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39

- two elemental gems (earth and fire)
- one potion of bull's strength
- one potion of eagle's splendor
- 2 potions of inflict serious wounds
- a scroll of planar ally
- a wand of ray of exhaustion (22 charges)
- a wand of enervation (16 charges
- staff of cackling wrath
- headband of vast intelligence +4 (religion and history)
- lesser extent metamagic rod
- ring of protection +4
- a witching gown


Male Human Ranger Level 13 -143 HP/ AC 27 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin looks for that huge gem from the vampire's chest.
Surprised her didn't I? Bet she thought I was some dolt that would transform into a chittering rat or something just at the sight of her.

Bronin not truly understanding how close he really WAS to being a rat. The magic's she tried to catch him with were very, very powerful.

Let's explore the rest of the temple. Bronin is reasonably healthy, but defers to the others.

{jaw drop} that is a titanic magic item haul. VestalLena might just be UNSTOPPABLE if she could really use the witching robe to the fullest. MINGA!
Good work crew!


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage
Whiskeyjack Dunaldthal wrote:
"How be ye? I be bruised an' hurtin' a bi' bu' i' be easier fer me t' heal meself than everyone else. Also, I be fearin' tha' fight showed me 'ow worn down I be in th' spell department. Mebbe we ken be restin' fer a time before continuin'?"

Sadly, Wren doesn't speak ignan.

Wren watches W'Jack thrash and curse, wondering if she should help. It occurs to her that she provide more defensive magics to aid her companions, but it also occurs to her that she has no idea what W'Jack is saying most of the time.

He might be asking for help...
Or asking for a drink...?
Or maybe his armor is just riding up his backside again?

Wren shakes her head, trying to figure it out.

* * *

Wren identifies the magics and is quite willing to agree that it is an amazing haul. He piles most of the magics on the barmaid, or the most favored and high holy magnificent chicken, and takes little for herself.

Wren would take the ring of protection or maybe the wand of enervation, but really they might be better used by others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena already has a witching gown but will take the staff if noone wants it.

Elena tries to hold most of the treasure as it is thrust into her arms. She grips the staff in her hands and it vibrates with power. "Whoa..." gripping it in both hands she swats it downward into the air.

Looking around she finds the oversized chicken and chases after it. "You nearly got us killed!" Potpie's wings flare out as the pair chase around the room. "Get back here."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 24 T 21 FF 16|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Whiskeyjack, language!

She snickers at the swear words. Then she sees the loot.

oh, pretty


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

After the loot is gathered, Wren looks around for other areas of interest to explore.

”Wasn’t there something to the north?”


.

You set to work exploring the remainder of the basement below the abbey.

To the east is a room with four wood golems whose arms have been changed into stakes. The golems appear to have gone inert with the death of Aisa. The room is filled with the heads of vampires, the final missing piece in the puzzle of the vampire murders. You recall the notes from the murderous tailor - Radvir slew the vampires, drained their bodies in this room, left the heads here, and the bodies were returned to Caliphas to be destroyed by the sunlight.

To the north is a bayside cavern. As you enter the cavern, you hear a whisper in the darkness. "sss... Aisa is dead. We are free. We will not kill you." The tail of some monstrosity slips into the water, gone. There is nothing else of value here.

The only remaining room in the basement is a disused mortuary, and some secret doors leading to smuggler's tunnels. The basement has been explored.

You reunite with the despoiled knight Konas, who kneels before you, asking that you bring him to a temple where he may be atoned this evening. It has been a long day and the sun is setting anyways.

As you return to the main floor to plot out your next moves, a mist fills the room, and a dark-haired woman forms in front of you.

"A gift, from Ramoska. He thanks you for clearing his name." She vanishes, leaving the missive."[/b]

Ramoska's Missive wrote:

It is my understanding that you are responsible for my release from Siervage’s custody, and for that you have my undying thanks. I now make haste to return to my home, but there is one final piece of business I must attend to. As promised, I will tell you what I know of the Whispering Way and their plans. I leave it up to you to decide your next step.

Upon further study of the sample of the elixir the Whispering Way gave me, it appears my theory that Prince Ordranti is the cult’s target was ill-founded. Instead, I’ve determined that the concoction is meant for someone else—Count Lucinean Galdana of Amaans. Judging by the components used in the elixir’s creation, the cult doesn’t just plan on transforming Galdana into a lich, however. Rather, it seems they intend
to remake him into the most powerful lich this world has ever known—some sort of vessel for the Whispering Tyrant himself.

I desire no part in such ill-conceived goals, and urge you to find Count Galdana before they do. At this point, I am convinced that the Whispering Way has fled to their greatest stronghold, the fortress-monastery of Renchurch, in the haunted highlands of Virlych’s Hungry
Mountains, ready to enact the final phase of their plans. Should you decide to venture there in search of them, I wish you good fortune.

Sincerely yours,

Ramoska Arkminos

You all recall personally meeting Count Lucinean, who was the rugged, imposing Count who hated politics and desired a life of adventure. He was at the Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 24 T 21 FF 16|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Hmm. No rest for those who chase the wicked, it seems.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/13 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 121 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +22*

"Do not worry Vladlena, we are righteous in our cause and need no rest."

There is a grin on the half-orc's face, as though he doesn't believe this last statement.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren croons what she recalls about all this, explaining in detail her encounter and the party’s time with Count Lucinean, as if the rest of the party might have forgotten.

”....and I think Bronin and his Count shared more than just...blahblahblah...several jugs of juggled ...blahblahblah...two Calistrians, can’t remember the races though...blahblahblah...one was wolffish, seemingly willing to devour Bronin’s ..blahblahblah...other was sheepish, baahing unabashedly whenever she was ..blahblahblah...well, I couldn’t keep up that pace at all. And so, yes, I paid the bill and moved on.”

Wren just might be confusing a few things here, but the details of the story are there, she’s sure.

Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"Do not worry Vladlena, we are righteous in our cause and need no rest."

Wren shakes her head to look at Jameson.

”Oh, I’d hope we’d have time to go to town to purchase some needed provisions. A big town. With many contacts. What I need is somewhat rare, and expensive. And we need to sell whatever we can loot from the manor as well. We have to prepare.” Wren reminds everyone of her needs.

We should sell loot and buy new equipment, yes?


Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

I second that


Male Human Ranger Level 13 -143 HP/ AC 27 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

What good info. We are on the cusp of crushing those Whispering Way bastards. Let us cut the head off the snake.
Bronin wants the potions at least.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

"But he seemed so friendly before. Are you sure?" Elena looks alarmed if not a bit worried.She follows behind, ready to put this nasty vampire business behind her. "At least Potpie never got turned." She holds the stupid chicken close by.


.

The stupid chicken remains steadfast, despite the ancient dark evil that possess it and Elena probably.

---

Over the cover of night, you make your way with the vampiric fallen paladin Halloran Idriss in tow. Halloran is brought to the Dawngrace Memorial while you seek Count Galdana with some urgerncy.

=================
Count Galdana
=================

You visit the Esoteric Order of the Palantine Eye. Although it is extremely late, you are still welcomed thanks to your work in resolving the vampire murders and settling a major issue in the city.

Unfortunately, it appears that Count Galdana has vanished. A visit to his apartments in the Majesty Hotel show clear signs of a struggle. The Count is gone, almost certainly abducted by the Whispering Way in the final step of their insane plan to bring the Whispering Tyrant back to Avistan.

===============
Halloran's Redemption
===============

Dawngrace Memorial is the only real source of Iomedean faith in Caliphas. The local priest, Oak Corbakas listens to the story and promise to deliver Halloran from his doom. You spend a solemn night there with the knight, listening to the tales of his life.

Come dawn, you all gather and Father Corbakas begins to pray to Iomedae, exalting the deeds of Halloran and his desire to fight in Swordhome for eternity. The sunlight rises as he completes the atonement spell and Halloran lets out a cry as his soul is saved, and he is vaporized by the sun.

His equipment clatters to the ground. The priest takes his shield as payment for the spell, but per Halloran's wish, you are given the remainder of his equipment to do with as you please.

-----

Finally, you head to your inn of choice to sleep in once again considering you've become quite the night owls over the past week. After your sleep, the incredible wealth of treasure you have uncovered needs to be dealt with.

After that... to Renchurch, the headquarters of the Whispering Way. Your final confrontation awaits.

End of Chapter 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

Whiskeyjack felt the armor under his hand buckle as the paladin's essence fled from the sunlight. Still, he kept his hand in place. He had promised Halloran that he wold be there through it all, and it wasn't over yet. Then, with a shout, the fallen paladin, now redeemed, released his hold on this world and passed to the next, and Whiskeyjack felt tears running over his cheeks and into his beard.

"Angradd, if ye be willin', please be talkin' wit' Iomedae t' make this man's eternal rest a joyous one, an' full o' yer own whiskey. 'E were a brave one tha' fough' t' th' end. May 'is deeds e'e'r ring o'er the ranks o' paladins, showin' 'em th' way when i' looks t' be dark, an' th' way home when they fall."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 24 T 21 FF 16|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

before@ Lena looks at the half-orc wryly. Well this righteous person likes a bit of shut-eye every now and then.

She looks at the mad elf. We are heading back to the city, so go shop then. And have a bath, while you are at it.

Now@ Lena watches the fallen knight be redeemed. She hates undead for many reasons, but this one at least was saved. Maybe others could be as well. Something to think about


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena wipes some tears as Halloran bursts into ashes, floating away in the wind. "Is his soul saved then?" While the undead terrified her Elena was happy that the tortured man found freedom and salvation.

She doesn't feel much in the shopping mood and heads back to her room to be alone for a bit.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 24 T 21 FF 16|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Well, technically. He goes to the boneyard for pharasma's judgement and... Seeing Elena's tearful expression she amends what she is saying which I am certain will be in the positive sense. Ahem


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena wipes more tears. "That is good. He has suffered enough."


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren keeps her beak shut both at the Esoteric Order and during the Dead Hal Redemption. She’s much more interested in shopping, buying some new spells, and getting ready to go fight more bad things.

\Can we assume the payout is ready? Looks like 12786 gp each?/


.

===========================
Chapter Six: Shadows of Gallowspire
===========================

Laden with tens of thousands of gold, the markets of Caliphas are a delight. And with the rumours spreading through town that the mysterious murders were stopped by you, you find that the secretive, suspicious people of Caliphas are now merely distant rather than cold. It's a nice change.

Your next step is clear - the leader of the Whispering Way is a man named Adivion Adrissant. For whatever reason, he intends to bring back the Whispering Tyrant but through a new body and using the Carrion Crown elixir whose components have been assembled as you chased the Way across Ustalav.

Now, they have fled across the Hungry Mountains with the Count and the elixir to their headquarters in the ruined monastery of Renchurch. Renchurch lies within the desolate, undead-haunted wasteland of Virlych to the northwest.

How do you intend to pursue them?


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena looks at the distance on the map. "How are we possibly going to catch up to them in time?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 24 T 21 FF 16|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena casts phantom chariot, and we climb on board. At a 13th level of cast we ignore most terrain penalties. (Air walk at will). And it is fast, 120 feet per round


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

”Ah! That’s what I was waiting for. Some classy transportation...no smelly horses for me and my dearies,” Wren coos as she slides into the chariot. ”Much better Lena, I was worried we were going to have to ride there.”

Wren, having finished her purchases, is ready to go.


Male Human Ranger Level 13 -143 HP/ AC 27 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Patience (Bronin's Horse) takes great Umbridge with Wren's comments .
The Horse snorts, flicks it's main in a show if disgust-- and with Bronin atop him zoooooooms forward.

On Patience! Let us show the Whispering Way that their plans will not succeed!The Kingdom of Syradel is in peril, and we shall stop it.

Horse shoes of speed.


Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

Whiskeyjack eyed the chariot uneasily, but then shrugged. It wasn't like he was going to be running the entire trip, and it had to be better than sitting on a horse, didn't it?

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 24 T 21 FF 16|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

ZOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOM!

Lena keeps the chariot low to the ground once the city limits are met, say 10 feet. she looks at the galloping Bronin and wonders how long the horse would last.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena climbs aboard Patience and holds on tightly to Bronin to save some room in the Chariot. The horse leaps forward with more speed than she was expecting. She clings tighter digging her face into Bronin's backside to block the wind.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/13 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 121 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +22*

Adder seems uncomfortable with the crowded chariot, but mounts it nonetheless and holds on tight.


Male Human Ranger Level 13 -143 HP/ AC 27 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

And Patience just eats up road, getting into a steady gallop that seems unnaturally fast yet smooth. It is quickly apparent that this is not a normal horse, but a superb specimen of it's breed. A Grand Admiral of horses.
standard move is 80 per move, 160 per round. It's also his animal companion and BUFF at this level.
During the ride, he tries talking with VestalLena, making certain she is up for riding into this danger.
.... We would all fully understand if you wanted to stay behind at the Capital in Ustalav. You don't have any magical powers or fighting training. The others are all trained mercs and experienced in this life and death struggle. I want you to be safe, and I worry that you are such an innocent being dragged into this conspiracy. You and your chicken have already been in danger by having to carry those wicked pendants. Your willingness to help the party by keeping their effects from the rest of us is a sacrifice I admire and commend.

It becomes evident that Bronin still has not connected Lena to having any internal powers. Each time she's done stuff, Bronin's back has been turned or it was explainable by something else.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena scrunches her face up tight. "I am not staying there with all those Vampires. They will be after me the second you all leave."

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 24 T 21 FF 16|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

don't be silly, witch girl. It's daytime. They would wait for night. Lena yells in response. Lena knows what elana is.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren nods as Lena makes a very good point.

”But I also think the vampire population has been severely diminished since our arrival. If you hid properly, they may take some time to find you, you know,” Wren opines. ”Though, Elena, if you could convince them to turn you, you might do very well as a vampress. I can see you rising far in the ranks of the un-damned. I mean, we just opened up several positions in their senior leadership. It may not be for you, but it should be at least considered.”


.

What does your chariot look like Lena?

The phantom chariot is your best way of traveling in style, which is how you got to Caliphas originally. Despite Bronin's protests, Lena still comes with the group, and you set off to Virlych in pursuit of of the Way once more. If they travel by horse, they cannot be more than a day ahead of you. Lord Bronin finally gets to spend some quality time with Patience, and he rides easily alongside the silent, spooky chariot.

Consulting Wren's giant bird-brain, you learn a few things. The first is that Renchurch is around 200 miles from the city of Caliphas and is on the opposite side of Virlych. The second is that the fastest way, and the likeliest path the Way took was across the southern and western edge of the Hungry Mountains. This will take you through the Ebonwall forest and then up into the mountains along the Mesmos River.

So you leave the fog-shrouded world of Caliphas behind and head northwest. Your last major piece of civilization is the township of Grayce, which is the gate to Lastwall. As you are in pursuit, you have little time to sightsee, and take the worsening roads towards Virlych.

Finally, you come to the border of Caliphas. The land has already begun to turn sour her. Across the river is Virlych. While Caliphas is a land of hauntings and dark things, Virlych is a cursed wasteland.

People do not go to Virlych. The chain-bound steeples of Gallowspire—the stake in the heart of Ustalav—looms over an accursed wasteland of shattered mountains and dark magic, a monument to an age of genocide and blasphemy.

Spreading around it, tainted by proximity to the Whispering Tyrant’s throne, sprawl the scars of the arch-lich’s maniacal vision, a realm of ruin wracked by uncontrolled spell-storms and prowled by the abandoned miscarriages of unholy experiments. For the inheritors of this scarred age, Virlych bears more than just the wounds of history, for within its crumbling womb sleeps the architect of that dread epic, a deathless obscenity whose dreams still seep forth to poison the world.

A single unstable bridge leads across the river for the insane or the desperate. Perhaps you are both. You cross into Virlych.

The Ebonwall Forest stinks of rot. Leaves grow and rot on the branches and everywhere around you is twisted, blighted vegetation. The water you come across is grey and cloudy with the promise of illness for those who ingest it, and you hear and see no wildlife. Still, you trek onwards over broken roads, relying heavily on your own rations and water to keep up your pace.

BANG

Lightning crashes, arching from a tree which explodes a short distance from you. Overhead, bruise-coloured clouds rumble like damned souls and herald the approach of angry storms. As the rain starts to spatter down, it sizzles on your skin. Patience screams as she and her rider are seared. The chariot and its soulless horses are also being damaged.

You are in a large forest on a road with an acidic rain pouring down on you, in addition to dangerous lightning strikes. The rain is doing 1 acid damage per minute. Let me know what you would liek to do.

Btw the map of Caliphas has been updated with your journey to date across all six chapters.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 24 T 21 FF 16|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

hmm. A ghostly chariot is the default, I guess. But if I can personalise it a bit, a chariot and horses made of ghostly flame.

Lena pauses at the border to Virlych.

This place is...it has a bad reputation. The whispering tyrant is supposed to haunt it.

She thinks

It is said you don't just walk into Virlych. So it's lucky we are riding. I have heard stories about this place that make the vampires look friendly. Ghosts, Ghasts, dread wraiths, bone dragons and death mists.

She grins as she spurs her phantom flame horses forward

I have a good feeling about this

couldn't resist the "you cannot just walk into... line. This place is the closest thing to Mordor in golarian (well except for that undead kingdom)


Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

"I' be a nightmare, an' no mistake abou' i'. If'n ye be havin' spells or abilities t' be hittin' ghosties and undead o' all stripes, rack 'em an' stack 'em. There be plenty t' be had. I dinnae like comin' t' this place, so le's be doin' wha' needs doin' an' be gettin' gone!"

As the rain began to fall, Whiskeyjack started looking around for a place to get out of the rain. But the rain got in his eyes and burned like the blazes.

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

”What the hell is this? Is that acid!? MY FEATHERS!!” Wren begins to flinch and worry for what the acid is doing to her beautiful patchwork feathered armor. ”Where is this coming from.”

”Let’s get into the trees,” Wren says. ”Maybe we can wait it out.”

Wren begins to overland flight towards the trees if there isn’t a good spot for the chariot.

She can also teleport some of us someplace, but it’s not a good solution.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

"Does it look like it is going to pass soon? Cause it hurts," Elena cringes as the rain leaves bright welts on her skin. "Let's get in the trees for now to see if it helps."

Elena has nothing to help against the elements here.


Male Human Ranger Level 13 -143 HP/ AC 27 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Let me find some better shelter! Patience! Protect Elena and get towards trees with the others!

Bronin dismounts with no effort at all. Almost floating off the saddle and landing on his feet. He looks around the general area trying to see if a quick shelter can be cobbled together or a cave can be found.

survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/13 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 121 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +22*

Adder covers Wren as best he can while the acid pounds down.


.

@Lena it can look like whatever you want - so ghostly fire chariot it is!

Wren's armour immedaitely begins to suffer but Adder proves himself a true gentleman, sweeping his cloak over the panicking stinky bird lady and shelting her. Bronin immediately heads off of the road, scanning the forest, at last in his element.

Sure enough, he sees some overhanging trees in a grove that have a certain overhang to them and should be enough for partial. The leaves are stiff and black, but look like they could be brought together to provide the party (and the chariot) proper shelter until the rain passes.

I'll need another survival check as well as any other ideas if you have them.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren complains as she waits, hoping the acidic rain stops soon. She looks to others, hopeful that others can offer solutions.

She begins to carefully examine the scenery in case she needs to Teleport away for a nice quiet night in a comfy inn, and teleport back in the morning. ”...no need for all of us to suffer when I, and maybe the chicken, can take refuge someplace nice.”

8,301 to 8,350 of 8,368 << first < prev | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.