GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


8,201 to 8,250 of 8,289 << first < prev | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | next > last >>

Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

"Do you want me to keep an eye out with Potpie while you head north?" Elena suggests as she backs away from the eastern door, putting her back to the wall.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren follows Bronin to the north, seeming as good a direction as any. She flies about 10' up when she can, and keeps her raptor's-claw-fashioned wand in her left hand.

She stops at the intersection and well behind Bronin.

She looks around.

1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 = 31 Perception


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Yes, VestalLena. Good idea, but keep away from danger. You are too dainty to be on the front lines of danger.
Watch that corridor and warn us of anything out of the ordinary.

Bronin moves to position, carefully and quietly. Looking around.
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


.

GM Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Bronin becomes as hard to spot as the invisible stalkers you just had a noisy extensive conversation with - but if they weren't speaking. He blends into the shadows and creeps northwards, slipping through the open doors.

Thankfully, there is light here.

Four bronze braziers light each corner of this chamber. To the west, a small circle of candles illuminates a pathway through a wide arch that leads deeper into this long hall. A massive statue depicting a winged woman with an eagle’s head and holding aloft a longsword stands between two alcoves against the eastern wall.

Standing guard near the western edge of the shrine is a male figure clad entirely in armour. Blood seeps from every gap in the armour, pouring from the joints and eye slits. He wields two ornate bastards swords and stands perfectly still. He does not notice Bronin peeking around the corner.

Behind him, billowing white fog obscures any sight westwards.

Map is updated.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

stealth: 1d20 - 1000000 ⇒ (2) - 1000000 = -999998

Whiskeyjack moved towards the center of the group, trying to place himself where he could respond to a threat in either direction. His dwarven plate - it was being worn by a dwarf after all, wasn't it? - made stealth a near impossibility, so he didn't even bother to try.

"Wha' ye be seein' up there, Yer Lordship?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren stays where she is, intent on maintaining Bronin’s aura of silence...until it is broken by W’Jack. Only after he passes does she follow. She doesn’t want to get blamed for all the noise, because, after all, she’s a silent as a grouse.

”I’m guessing that knight oozing blood is the blood knight,” Wren comments using her superior birdbrain.

”We should probably kill that...and be ready for quite a fight.” Wren comments again using her superior birdbrain.

”It’s probably dangerous. Maybe don’t let it hurt you.” Wren comments again using her superior birdbrain.

Assuming that W’Jack’s clanking has started something, but if not, Wren will cast Haste to lead things off.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena eyes the painting and the bleeding statue with caution.
These witches are a bit sick.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena and Potpie continue to watch the dark corridor to the east while everyone else clanks off ahead. "They will be back for us." She pats Potpie in reassurance as the chicken clucks softly, still double it's size and as tall as a dog.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
.

You all creep northwards, quiet as a mouse. Unfortunately one of the mice weighs well north of two hundred pounds and is a high-functioning alcoholic with tin cans on his feet.

There is a wet splash and the stench of decaying blood overwhelms you as the blood knight takes a step forward. He has been alerted, and in a silent parody of knighthood, he sketches a bow towards the group. The fight is on.

Initiative:

Bronin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Elena: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Adder: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Whiskeyjack: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Lena: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Wren: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Konas Esprillan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

GM rolls:

Lena
ELena
---
Konas Esprillan
---
Bronin
Adder
Wren

Lena and Elena are up!


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena continues to wait and watch down the eastern hallway to make sure that nothing unfortunate joins them from behind.

Elena continues to keep watch from her post unless she is called.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Work update killed my laptop, only phone now. Please bot until Sat.


.

GMPCing Lena

GM ROlls:

Fireball!: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 4, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1, 3) = 32
Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Attack: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (20) + 26 = 46 Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Crit: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (6) + 26 = 32 Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Lena does what she always does - lobs a fireball down the hallway. The blood knight suddenly moves with astonishing speed, rolling on his shoulder before he comes to his feet. Blood pours out of the armour, creating a wide pool around the blood knight before he attacks Bronin around a corner.

The bastard sword bites deeply into Bronin's armour, and Bronin's own blood begins pouring out! Slippery blood covers the ground around the night as he moves, but Bronin manages to keep his feet.

Round One:

Elena
Lena
---
Konas (-16)
---
Bronin (-50) (bleed 2)
Adder
Wren

Bronin takes 50 damage from a crit and is bleeding 2!

The red circle is an aura of blood that functions like a grease spell DC 20.

Everyone is up!


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Thank you for GMPC.

Round 1

Now that the foe is moving, Wren takes a deeper look at the creature that so easily cleaved into Bronin.

1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 2 = 33 Know (arcana/religion/local/planes)

She casts Haste on the party, then moves back to ensure her feathers aren’t going to be ruined by the spraying of blood and fire.

+1 to attaxx, AC, yadayada, you know the deal.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 20 (5 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
15/50 charges left.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

k. religion: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

"Naw tha' be truly disgustin'. Ye might be tryin' t' keep yer inside fluids inside, y' know. They tend t' be workin' better tha' way."

"'Ere Adder, be working on this."

Using War Mind on Adder.

At 1st level, you can touch an ally and grant it a tactical advantage for 1 minute. At the start of its turn each round, it can select one of the following bonuses: +10 feet to base land speed, +1 dodge bonus to AC, +1 insight bonus on attack rolls, or a +1 luck bonus on saving throws. Each bonus selected lasts for 1 round.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena looks over into the room as Bronin takes a devastating blow. "BRONIN!" She screams out. With her worry comes a small bit of luck and fortune that has guided her to safety so far.

Split Hex to give Bronin and Adder the Fortune Hex!

Status:

HP 89/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Shield Companion
2nd: Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:
4th:
5th: Wracking Ray
6th: Mass Suggestion
Wands: Mage Armor (47/50); CLW (30/50)
PotPie
HP 68/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- active)
Effects: None
Battleform 2/3

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Eep!

Lena moves up, and scorching rays the knight, the bolts flying past Bronin

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 6) + 2 = 20

scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 3) + 2 = 19

scorching ray 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3, 6, 4) + 2 = 20

All touch attacks, point blank shot


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 112/112
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 30
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +8; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +4 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +4d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action), trap spotter
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target: Blood Knight
Active: Haste, Fortune Hex, War Mind

Adder uses the haste spell to flank the knight.

Free to Study.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

*sigh* Well I didn't fail by 5 so I didn't fall down, but I actually end up stopped behind Lena. The wording of Fortune Hex means I wouldn't be able to roll a second time because I already hit preview and I was saving it for the attack roll.


.

Sorry guys long weekend!

Wren's encyclopedia-brain sorts through the various horrific monsters out there with the prefix 'blood' before settling on blood knight.

Blood knights are the damned souls of fierce warriors who died in a particularly bloody manner. Cursed to walk the earth until their warlike ways lead to their destruction, blood knights seek always to fight and conquer.

A blood knight wears the armor it died in, but its body is gone, wholly replaced by blood. This blood leaks from the armor in endless drips, runnels, and rivulets, cascading to the ground in a torrent that puddles around the creature’s feet. The blood knight’s blows leave wounds that do not close, and its own blood is poisonous. Most horrific of all, it can spray its blood out of its armor in great gouts that soak opponents in the poisonous fluid.

Wren realizes that due to their liquid nature, blood knights are best harmed by bludgeoning weapons and can drain the life from foes they grapple with.

The group bursts into action with Wren's haste spell with Whiskeyjack enchanting Bronin, Adder circling around to get to the blood knight and almost falling on his ass, Lena blasting Konan with a few scorching rays, and Elena hexing her buds.

Round One con't:

Haste Active
Elena
Lena
---
Konas (-55)
---
Bronin (-50) (bleed 2)
Adder (war mind)
Wren

Bronin is up! I'll GMPC if doesn't post by tomorrow morning.


.

Sorry figuring out Bronin's attacks was a herculean effort.

GM rolls:

Bronin's Attacks (haste, war mind, power attack, favred enemy): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 211d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 251d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 271d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
[dice
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 251d8 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 201d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 231d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Bronin's Offhand Attacks: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 251d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 191d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Bronin, now in place, opens up with a dizzying array of attacks. Unfortunately, the blood knight manages to block every single one of them, moving his bastard swords in a spectacular pattern. The blood knight then steps back into the hallway and rears back. A sickening wet sound echoes through the cavern as he explodes in a fountain of blood rocketing down the hall and to the sides, coating half of the party in horrifying rotten blood.

The blood is also unbearably slippery, and the force of it sends Adder, Lena, and Bronin to the ground! Bronin also drops his longsword which flies from his hand.

There is also something deeply... wrong about the blood as it coats the group. Adder, Bronin, and Lenna feel something unwholesome in them.

Wren's great knowledge of blood knights tells her there's two ways to get rid of this blood. Water, or fire.

Round Two:

Haste Active
Elena
Lena (slippery weapon)
---
Konas (-55)
---
Whiskeyjack (slippery weapon)
Bronin (-52) (bleed 2) (slippery weapon)
Adder (war mind) (prone) (slippery weapon)
Wren

For my own sanity you can roll these saves. Lena, Adder, Bronin, and Whiskeyjack are covered in blood and must make two reflex saves and a fortitude save!

Reflex one - DC 20 or fall prone. (grease)

Reflex two - DC 20 or lose your weapon (grease)

Fortitude (poison) - DC 20 or take 1 con damage and become nauseated for one minute.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Don’t forget your +1 haste bonus to reflex saves, peeps.

Round 2

Having few control spells for a creature like this, Wren draws her talon-claw wand and begins to help whittle down the creatures hit points.

”cawCAW!”

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2, 3) + 5 = 18 force damage
14/50 charges left.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 20 (5 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
15/50 charges left.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

r: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
r: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
f: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

As the blood coated Whiskeyjack and saturated armor, padding, and - possibly most importantly - beard, his gorge rose and it was all he could do not to throw up. His feet went out from under him on the blood-slick floor and the Raven's Head went one way as his shield slammed to the ground with the dwarf on top of it. He tried to stand, but that was about all he could do.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena snorts as she giggles watching the group slip and slide around. She quickly covers her mouth to help stifle the laugh.

Cackle to maintain Fortune on Bronin and Adder; Cast another Split Hex Fortune onto Lena and Whiskeyjack.

Status:

HP 89/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Shield Companion
2nd: Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:
4th:
5th: Wracking Ray
6th: Mass Suggestion
Wands: Mage Armor (47/50); CLW (30/50)
PotPie
HP 68/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- active)
Effects: None
Battleform 2/3


.

Whiskeyjack faceplants and loses his hammer and generally all the dignity he'd spent so hard working on. Elena's laughter is oddly motivating in an "I'll show you!" sort of way. Wren's magic missile does its solid work as it thumps into the blood knight.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 112/112
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 30
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +8; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +4 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +4d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action), trap spotter
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target: Blood Knight
Active: Haste, Fortune Hex, War Mind

Ref DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Ref DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Fort DC 20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Adder's weapon slips out of his hand, he moves after it while drawing his silver dagger.


.

@Adder and @Bronin reminder you have the fortune hex so you can reroll failed saves.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

You have to declare you're using Fortune before you roll I thought, not sure how you want to handle that with PbP.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Yuck!

reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Lena is feeling rather ill


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

With a blow from the Bastard sword that rips into him. Nearly tearing him in two.
Putting on a brave face, he calls back to Elena
Don't worry Elena! The blood you see if from this monstrosity! I am fine!
But in reality, he is glad that the spray of blood from this thing hides the significant doubt he has. The creature blocked all of his sword attacks when he had TWO weapons.

All he has left in his hand is the Defender. He switches it to his primary hand.
Varn, you bastard, your sword better help me hit this thing and damage it.
Switching Defender from AC to attack. Using last rounds Fortune on Saving throws. This rounds fortune on attacks.

Save Prone: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 DC 20
Poison: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 DC 20
Note:Assuming I already failed Reflex as I lost my primary weapon in story texts above.
Fortune: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 DC 20
And Lena saves Bronin once again! Thanks for the Fortune!

attack1: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31
damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
attack2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
attack3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
attack4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

If AC 32 hits, that's a possible critical.
attack3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Fortune attack reroll on miss.
attack2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

Bronin's Spell Effects:
Bronin Power Attack. War Mind/Attack. Haste. Favored Enemy.Fortune last round on saving throws. This round on attacks.
Current HP: 78/133
AC: 27


.

@Adder - I'll assume you knew about the save in advance then and just work with it.

GM Rolls:

Attack Main Hand: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 221d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 321d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Attack Off Hand: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 151d10 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 161d10 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 241d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Whiskeyjack and Lena are debilitated by the noxious, horrific blood. Thankfully Adder and Bronin are in slightly better shape, and Elena's witchy ways manage to keep Bronin active and in the fight! He opens up with a flurry of incredible attacks on the blood knight, his blades cutting through the armour into the thing beneath. However, it proves to be a mighty foe, and he only scores two hits.

The blood knight's bastard swords swing again, cutting into Bronin twice as he continues his assault.

Round Three:

Haste Active
Elena
Lena (slippery weapon) (-1 con)
---
Konas (-117)
---
Whiskeyjack (slippery weapon) (-1 con)
Bronin (-54) (bleed 2) (slippery weapon)
Adder (war mind) (prone) (slippery weapon)
Wren

Bronin takes 27 damage and 2 bleed. Total 82 hp damage so far.

Guys I screwed up Whiskeyjack and Lena can act. Failing the save means 1 cond amage, but the nauseated comes on the second save. So you two still can do stuff.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 3

Wren fires again at the blood knight. "cawCAW"

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 3, 2) + 5 = 16 force damage
13/50 charges left.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 20 (5 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills,
ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
13/50 charges left.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

This Blood Knight sure is tough! Any suggestions by fine fellows? or finely feathered friends?

Bronin Health:
51/133 plus 2 bleed

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Cool

This is going to take so long to was out!

Lena casts a boosted magic missile

empowered magic missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 2, 2) + 5 = 18 x1.5=27


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Feelign the nausea creeping through his bowels at the thought of being drenched in more blood, Whiskeyjack muttered a quick spell to fortify himself.

Cannel Vigor for a +6 bonus to my Fort saves


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage
Bronin Dohari wrote:
”Or finely feathered friends?”

”Oh, I suggest hitting it hard with your sword, Dearie,” Wren replies sagely and sweetly. ”That’s what it’s for. Use the pointy edge if you can.”


.

GM rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 321d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 301d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 231d10 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 171d10 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17[/dice]
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

As Lena fires more magic missiles, the blood knight starts swinging wildly at Bronin. He blasts past the ranger's defenses and Bronin is cut down, his own blood pooling into the knights as he hits the ground, bleeding to death.

The blood knight then turns, scoring a hit on Lena who happens to be closeby.

Round Four:

Haste Active
Elena
Lena (slippery weapon) (-1 con)
---
Konas (-144)
---
Whiskeyjack (slippery weapon) (-1 con)
Bronin (-54) (bleed 2) (slippery weapon)
Adder (war mind) (prone) (slippery weapon)
Wren

Bronin takes 59 damage (2 bleed) and is at -8 and still bleeding 2 hp a round! Lena takes 19 damage. Everyone is up!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin really did want to try the terrific suggestions and tactics offered by Wren. He really was going to stab the thing with the pointy end.
Instead.....

Bronin drops like a sack.
ZZZZ


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 112/112
AC22 T14 FF19
CMD 30
Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +8; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +4 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +4d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action), trap spotter
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target: Blood Knight
Active: Haste

Adder steps up and swings at the blood knight.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40
Damage: 2d4 + 24 ⇒ (3, 4) + 24 = 31

Attack 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24
Damage: 2d4 + 24 ⇒ (4, 4) + 24 = 32

Attack 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 24 ⇒ (2, 4) + 24 = 30

Attack 4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 2d4 + 24 ⇒ (4, 3) + 24 = 31

Attack 4 Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 24 ⇒ (2, 1) + 24 = 27

No sneak attack added as I don't think Lena has a weapon out.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack frowned as Bronin went down ans Lena was hurt. He had to focus, to bring his healing magics to bear. He may not be able to fully restore Bronin, but at least he could keep the man from dying right away.

Channel to heal
channel healing: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 1) = 16


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage
Bronin Dohari wrote:
Bronin drops like a sack. ZZZZ

No no NO! You’re supposed to hit it with *your* sword, not the... ::featheryfacepalm::

Wren watches as Bronin not just completely ignores her advice, but does the exact opposite!! She makes a note to give him the rough side of her tongue (if he lives) and try to use smaller words to avoid confusing the man next time.

Wren fires again at the blood knight.

"cawCAW"

Readied action to try to disrupt the spell:
5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 4, 1) + 5 = 16 force damage
12/50 charges left.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena's snort turns into a gasp as her hands leave her mouth. She screams. "Quit hurting them!"

Cackle to maintain Fortune on Bronin, Adder, Lena and Whiskeyjack. Cast Misfortune on the Blood Knight DC 24


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Fortune Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


.

As Bronin falls it seems to rally the group - Adder leaps at the blood knight and begins swinging out again and again. His blades cleave in deeply, spraying more blood everywhere, and finally a last magic missile from Wren blasts the abomination apart. An explosion of blood coats the walls, and the fight is over.

Bronin's eyes snap open as Whiskeyjack casts his magical healing, and he is alive and... well is an overstated. He just got stabbed a bunch. But he's still with you.

End of Combat

There is no body, there was only blood. However, there is gear that looks to be quite valuable:

- +1 full plate, extra evil-looking
- +2 bastard sword
- +1 bastard sword
- cloak of resistance +2
- ring of protection +2

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena took a nasty hit, then Whiskeyjack made it mostly better. She looks down, and considering her height that is saying something.

Bronin, what are you doing down there. That blood is going to stain, you know.
Then she goes over to a wall and is discreetly sick.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren could use either the cloak or the ring, but will offer to frontliners first.

”Maybe you should listen to me more and better, next time, Bronin,” Wren begins to harangue the warrior for the entirety of his healing process. ”Now, listen here. This is what happens when you don’t listen to me: I was hanging with my good friend, Butterfly and...blahblahblah...finished his ritual shaving ...blahblahblah...all parts, even the toes ...blahblahblah...Butterfly couldn’t pick up ...blahblahblah...frustrated and lonely ...blahblahblah...ladies of Calistria...blahblahblah...more ritual shaving ...blahblahblah...told him to stay away from those kinds of women ...blahblahblah...could be satisfied with self- ...blahblahblah...and ended up with flumph-herpies!!! All over his own engorged ...blahblahblah...and I told him and I warned him. And he didn’t listen either, Bronin. Next time I suggest something, it’s usually a good idea.” Wren punctuates her speech with a solid arm cross and head hmpf. She’s right after all.

When others are healed, she’s ready to move on, having said her peace/piece.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

[b]"Tha' were a nasty fight t' be sure. Ken ye be standin' lad? 'Ere, lemma boost us all a bit, then I be pokin' ye wit' th' healin' stick."

Whiskeyjack channeled again, topping everyone else up, then pulled one of his wands and began stabbing Bronin with it.

healing channel: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4, 5) = 15

Bronin, roll your wand dice to heal yourself and let me know how many charges to knock off.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder briefly considers hiding in a corner and cutting himself to disguise his lack of wounds, then decides there's enough blood going around that nobody will really notice.

"Good thing I have this helm of underwater action, too bad it doesn't work with blood."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin instinctively rolls to perceived safety. Having experienced dire combat many times before - and many times before having that loss of consciousness before being saved by the party cleric.
If there was a thing he was good at, but getting solidly stomped on and waking up on the ground with combat still raging.
He already had his best potion in his hand, unstoppered and guzzled down his throat before his outward senses picked up on the destruction of The Blood Knight.
csw potion: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) + 5 = 17
He hears the chastisement of his comrades, and doesn't want the blood to soak into his expensive and amazing clothes.
He gets to one knee, then the other and with 60 year old man movements groans and creaks to an upright position.
then Wren lays into him.....

both hands go up defensively, as if that could ward off the foul cracked teeth breath she has has and the words of ," I told you how to do it."
Now, Now Wren. I can hardly be blamed..
is all he can say as Wren's lashing continues like a plow horse over field grain.
He takes the story and examples of how often she is right with resignation.
Alas, you are so right Feather Majestic Mage Wren. The strange terrain and the slipperiness of the blood caught me off guard. I failed and ask your indulgence.
He looks to Adder and Whiskey and gives a nod of thanks for saving his hide.
He also looks over to the delicate and vulnerable VestalELena to make certain she was not put in danger.
See, while the gore looks bad, it's nothing the wand can't put right.
His eyes move to FieryLena. He knows deep inside she did a lot more to that creature than he did, but he just can't get an acknowledgement to escape his lips. Maybe his eyes give away his admiration. but all he can say aloud is. Right.
and his eyes move away from the fire caster downward to the loot.

CLW wand:
18d8 + 18 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 3, 4, 7, 2, 6, 1, 1, 6, 8, 8, 1, 7, 7, 4, 3) + 18 = 97
Bronin now at 121/133 hit points.

Whiskey- 18 charges from the wand! Minga!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

I forgot an additional 16 healing from Whiskey during the combat. Thus,I am at full and saved a pull from the wand. 133/133 hp and only 17 charges!


.

You all take the time to properly heal up and get as much of the noxious blood off of you as possible.

To your left, a billowing cloud of pea-soup thick fog blocks any line of sight - the blood knight was guarding this direction. You can also go ahead or to your right.

Need a direction.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren nods as Bronin acknowledges his error and lets it go at that. She will only harp on him a few more dozen times about it as it’s been settled.

Wren will take a moment to examine the billowy fog.

With Detect Magic: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27 Know (arcana)

If it’s not that exciting, she will suggest going straight and is willing to follow others.

8,201 to 8,250 of 8,289 << first < prev | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.