GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


8,051 to 8,100 of 8,215 << first < prev | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 112/112
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 30
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +8; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +4 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +4d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action), trap spotter
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target:
Active:

Adder grunts in half-orc and runs back across the room, putting himself between Elena and her attacker.


.

Can confirm Bronin has a ring of feather falling after some thread searches. He floats gently downwards and lands on his feet rather than prone. But is still on the ground outside.

Guardly Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As Bronin floats gently to the ground, the group surround the one guard who didn't fall under a suggestion spell and just starts beating on him. These mercenaries turn out to be surprisingly resilient and although he's now badly injured, he's still in one piece.

Bronin is up!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin activates the WhiskeyJack boon to boost his speed.
Movement now 45 feet.

Bronin looks around and realizes that he is now on the wrong side of the manner with no doors to re-enter the frey. He looks up and starts climbing the wall.

climb: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
climb: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

using a double move to climb. SB 10 feet, unless I totally failed the second check by more than 4. 10 feet= quarter speed.


.

GM Rolls:

Will Saves: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 281d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 191d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 301d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Misfortune Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 311d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Bronin leaps into the air and hauls himself halfway up the side of the building as he tries to get back in.

Under Elena's suggestion spell, the remaining guards peacefully shuffle off. Suddenly, a woman flying on a broom appears in the air as she finishes chanting a spell. A thin mist begins to appear in the midst of the group, weakening your willpower!

"I don't know who you people are but you will pay for your trespass!"

The guard engaged with Adder and Whiskeyjack turns his attentions to Adder, attacking twice and causing significant damage despite Elena's spell.

Round Two:

Elena
Adder (-22) (mind fog)
Whiskeyack (divine power 11) (mind fog)
Wren
Lena (mind fog)
Bronin (war mind 9)
---
Someone
Guards:
1 (-30) (suggestion)
2 (suggestion)
3 (-31)
4 (suggestion)
5 (suggestion)
6 (suggestion)

Adder, Whiskeyjack, and Lena are affected by a mind fog! That's a -10 to will saves. Bad guy is now visible and on the map, she is flying up against the ceiling which is 20' high.

Bronin has successfully climbed halfway up the abbey. He is 10' below a window and I've placed him back on the second floor map.

Everyone is up!


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

"Bronin what?" She looks at the windows nervously. Potpie chases underneath the broom, his wings flapping as he takes flight. The angered, hungry and not very bright chicken chases after the broom's bristles pecking at them clumsily before flopping down onto the table below. Double move and can't hover.

Elena coughs in the fog as her head begins to feel funny. She stumbles out, grabbing a hold of a chair to steady herself. "Sta...stay away from him." Elena feels in agony as she subconsciously shares some of that feeling with the flying woman.

Agony hex DC 21 Fort save

Status:

HP 89/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Shield Companion
2nd: Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:
4th:
5th: Wracking Ray
6th: Mass Suggestion
Wands: Mage Armor (47/50); CLW (30/50)
PotPie
HP 68/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- active)
Effects: None
Battleform 2/3


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"Ye be gettin' th' flier. We be wrappin' things up down on th' ground!"

attack,pa,dp: 1d20 + 16 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 4 - 3 = 20
damage,pa,dp: 1d10 + 8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 6 + 4 = 24
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

attack,pa,dp: 1d20 + 11 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 4 - 3 = 26
damage,pa,dp: 1d10 + 8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 6 + 4 = 24
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Full attack on yellow. SS +2 is up!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin continues to grab a hold of the manor wall. Trying to get up. He is close enough to hear the sounds of battle and the cackle of a witch!
using speed burst again. Thanks Whiskey! to climb 10 more feet and then regular move
climb: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

The nimble Bronin then easily climbs the rest of the way to tumble over the windowsill. He gets his footing and pulls out his bow to ready an attack!

I'm back and there's no where you can fly that my bow can't hit!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena steps out of the mind fog but finds her line of sight is blocked.
halfling 20' move is an issue sometimes
Lena casts false life on herself instead, as she forgot to do so earlier
false life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

This goes well :/

11 extra Hp.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 3

1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 22 + 2 = 43 Spellcraft

Wren moves through the foggy field without too much concern, having a foe worthy of battling with her magics.

1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 28 Will (heroism, +vs enchantments)

"Listen here, witch! No one beguiles these goons but me," Wren cackles, smiling her yellow toothed smile. "You'll not have them and I'll enjoy striking you down. Choose your next spell carefully for I will see you choke upon the words."

Wren readies to hand cast a Magic Missile should the caster dare utter words of power.

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 4, 1) + 5 = 18 force damage

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
16/50 charges left.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 112/112
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 30
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +8; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +4 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +4d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action), trap spotter
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target:
Active:

Adder studies his target and strikes.

Attack: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
Damage: 2d4 + 24 ⇒ (3, 3) + 24 = 30

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 24 ⇒ (2, 1) + 24 = 27

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 24 ⇒ (2, 4) + 24 = 30


.

GM ROlls:

Fort: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Duration: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Fly: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

The woman on the broom lets out a scream, clutching her head as whatever power is within Elena takes hold of her. The group quickly cuts down the remaining guard. The magic missile from Wren doesn't help. Her face wracked with pain, she flies southwards and out the window Bronin just climbed back through.

You hear the footsteps of the guards making their way outside to get out of the abbey.

Round Three:

Elena
Adder (-22) (mind fog)
Whiskeyack (divine power 10) (mind fog)
Wren
Lena (mind fog 5)
Bronin (war mind 8)
---
Hetna (-18) (agony hex)

Everyone is up! Last guard is dead.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin sees that she has flown out the window. Wren, their mage that can easily piece this flying cult witch if given the opportunity, is close by and will surely support him. So he takes a gamble.

I don't want to be in people's way but this witch is a part of the Way! GEROMINO!
Bronin uses the war boon to gain extra speed. He runs back to the window and out it! Jumping through he open portal. Knowing his ring will instantly help him.
In a strange sight only possible by this fabulous combination of magic and the laws of nature. Bronin quasi falls and lets loose an arrow from his bow!
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 + 1 = 26 +4 if evil outsider Mstrwrk Cold iron arrow
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 +4 if evil outsider. Cold Iron arrow.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 4

Wren moves to the window, still flying and casts Acid Arrow and the broomy witch.

1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20 touch attack;
2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 acid damage

2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 acid damage next round;
2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 acid damage next next round;
2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 acid damage next next next round;.

"Come down here and screech like a hag, you bag of flumph bits!"

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
16/50 charges left.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena rushes to the window beside Wren to watch what is happening. "Where did she go?"

Double move.

Potpie clucks and scratches at the table top pecking at the loose straw from the woman's broom that fell out.

Player Status:

HP 89/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Shield Companion
2nd: Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:
4th:
5th: Wracking Ray
6th: Mass Suggestion
Wands: Mage Armor (47/50); CLW (30/50)
PotPie
HP 68/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- active)
Effects: None
Battleform 2/3

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

did bronin just jump out of the window again?


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Yes! I've fallen out the window!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

why?


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder shakes his head.

"I will not be jumping out the window."


.

lol, remember to take your actions while talking, kids!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena double moves to the others

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

So...It's a bit quiet


.

It is! Was waiting on actions from Adder and Whiskeyjack still but I'll GMPC tonight when I have a bit. Crazy couple days for me.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Sorry, I had no new post notifications. My bad

Whiskeyjack kicked his way free of the remnants of the last guard and hustled into the other room, just in time to see Bronin throw himself out the window.

"Wha' th' hells does 'e think 'e be doin'?"

Double move


.

Creature type is humanoid, she appears to be a normal human woman, if you consider flying around on a broom normal.

GM Rolls:

Fort: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Mind Fog Duration: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 92d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
Will Saves: 1d20 + 14 - 10 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 10 = 71d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 10 = 1

As the witch flies out under the effects of Elena's hex, Bronin does the coolest thing any of you will ever do - a full on dive through the window where he then twists in mid-air and fires an arrow right at Hetna.

This would be even more impressive if it killed her. But it just kind of wings her arm. He feels strangely sleepy as he passes by her, but he's falling too quickly for that to matter, settling on the ground with a light thud.

Adder moves in close with the rest of the group.

She shakes her head rapidly as she comes out of the agony hex but then is rocked by an acid arrow from Wren. Scowling, she turns to the group.

"You lot should leave this house immediately. You are not welcome."

Most of you feel a sudden attack on your minds, made all the more vulnerable by the mind fog! Her order suddenly grips the mind of Whiskeyjack, Adder, and Elena - all of whom are suddenly compelled to leave the house. Although Bronin is affected by the same magic, he's technically outside of the house already.

Round Four:

Elena
Adder (-22) (mind fog 8)
Whiskeyack (divine power 9) (mind fog 6)
Wren
Lena (mind fog 4)
Bronin (war mind 7)
---
Hetna (-28) (acid arrow 4, 5, 4 damage)

Whiskeyjack, Adder, and Elena are under suggestion! Your suggestion is to leave the house.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder does the only thing he can, leaving the house as quickly as possible before turning around and attempting to go back in.

Not sure what effect I'm under or the limitations of the wording.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"She be righ'. Le's be leavin' this place. Bu'I ain't goin' ou' th' window like tha' idiot."

Whiskeyjack turned to leave the room, heading back the way they had come.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 5

Wren glowers at the witch as she attacks the minds of the party. They were hard enough to manage when they weren’t befogged, but now she’s make them downright uncontrollable and leaving the building!

Wren sets an edge and readies to Magic Missile the witch should she try to cast again.

Readied action to try to disrupt the spell:
5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 2, 3) + 5 = 18 force damage
15/50 charges left.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
15/50 charges left.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Come on it! The water's fine!
Bronin makes a strange statement, probably meaning for the others to also jump out the window? Maybe?

He takes aim and fires off arrow after arrow at the airborne witch.

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 2 + 1 = 40
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 35
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Wow, two straight crits?! and they are TIMES 3!
2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 3) + 8 = 17 Crit #1
2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 7) + 8 = 19 Crit #2

last attack: attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 25
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Bronin be LUCKY!


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

"Bronin, let's get out of here and leave her alone." Elena turns to leave. "Potpie, come on." She clucks at the chicken.

Doube move.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin just gets done thumping the flying witch with three amazing magical Cold Iron arrows.
And now Bronin gets told he has to leave her alone. Huh?
Just like a woman. Making men dizzy with their commands.
speaking almost to the air.
Haven't you heard the saying? You can either "tell" a man to do something or "tell"
him how to do it, but you can't expect to tell him to do both.

Calistra be crazy.
At first, Bronin is downright confused. But his macho, men are in charge, attitudes that ALWAYS get him in trouble kick in. He knows what he wants to do next.


.

lol

Bronin lets fly with three arrows, two of which could have gone right for the eye but are deflected by magical protections to just wing her shoulders. Nonetheless, she is hurt. Wren gets ready with a counterspell while a full half the party peacefully starts walking off under the influence of her magic.

Round Four con't:

Elena
Adder (-22) (mind fog 8)
Whiskeyack (divine power 9) (mind fog 6)
Wren
Lena (mind fog 4)
Bronin (war mind 7)
---
Hetna (-56) (acid arrow 4, 5, 4 damage)

Lena is up!


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

I think in this edition of the game we need to confirm our crits, right, Bronin?

Wren stares resolutely at the witch.


.

Oh crap! I read his damage rolls as attack rolls that failed to confirm. Bronin please confirm your crits while we wait on Lena's action. I'll just GMPC the whole mess tomorrow to keep it going otherwise.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Sorry. PDP rules for some things like Crits throws me off. My sit down games have Crit and Fumble cards.
here's the Crit confirm rolls:
crit: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 35 Crit #1. Added War Mind
crit: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 29 Crit #2 adding war mind

I'm going to assume AC 29 hits. That's two crits. Original Post is the Crit damage

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena thinks If I leave the house, I can burn it to the ground, and double moves out, the safe way, not by the window


.

@Lena - you are not under suggestion. You can just blow up the wtich if you want instead!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

cool

Hey witchy poo, catch!

empowered fireball: 10d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6) = 43 x1.5=64 damage
DC 21 reflex for half


.

lol never change. Also wow, nice roll. Although your GM is saddened because she was gonna do some cool s*~& in the subsequent rounds lol

GM Rolls:

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

KABLAM!

Whatever great machinations the witch had, the incredible bowshot of Bronin is followed up by a blistering fireball from Lena. Hetna is fried to a crisp, killed instantly by the fireball. She crashes to the ground below.

End of Combat

Thanks to Elena's slightly more useful suggestion spell, the group under the effects reach the threshold of the bottom door and lose their command. They do see a very large number of guards heading out to the outskirts of the property who have been either tricked or enchanted by you before you all return. You all manage to gather back up on the top floor after Bronin hauls in the witch's body and gear.

Wren's Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 381d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 401d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 271d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41

A lot of her gear detects as magical which Wren sorts through with the efficiency of a corvid putting shinies into different piles:

- an elemental gem (air)
- 2 potions of bear's endurance
- 2 potions of cure light wounds
- an amulet of natural armor +3
- a belt of incredible dexterity +4
- a headband of vast intelligence +4 (grants kn: planes and kn: history)
- a ring of protection +3
- a witching gown with the spell 'poison' currently held in it
- a broom of flying

The room is also filled with interesting objects and a giant bubbling cauldron.

Among the many bottles and flasks on the tables lies a polished oak box which is latched but not locked - detect magic shows there are magical contents within.

The bubbling cauldron is a cauldron of brewing that contains a half-completed batch of what you recognize as the addictive bloodbrew elixir.

There are also a large number of research notes scattered around. Detect magic also shows four scrolls of protection from evil.

Finally, a small, elaborate glass vial sits in a velvet-lined coffer on the table, containing only two or three drops of a golden fluid.

Wren's Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38

These precious few drops are of one of the most potent and famous potions int he world - Sun Orchid Elixir. The elixir of youth - a full vial would restore someone of any age to a young adult. These few drops could give someone some extra life though and are extremely valuable.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren shades her eyes as the Lena be-fireworks the witch and sends her sprawling and crisp to the ground.

”I’ve also heard that water will melt witches,” Wren remarks, pleased for Lena’s result. ”But fire can have it’s effect, especially after the witch has been stuck with so many arrows.”

Wren floats down to examine the witch’s magics, then floats back up as Bronin retrieves the body.

As she identifies the magics, the only one that goes onto her body is the belt. ”It looks very fetching on me, does it not?” Wren highlights the belt against her feathered ‘armor’ and smiles her crooked, yellow-teethed smile.

Wren wants the belt, but understand if others want it as well.

Wren just shakes her head from above the bubbling cauldron. ”I’ve never been into cauldrons, myself. If I want a hot bath, I don’t want something so small and definitely want to be able to have company.” Wren looks at her admirers.

She spends a bit more time looking around and examining the workshop while others are healing up or return from the outside.

Sorry...is that an actual Sun Orchid Elixir...or just remnants of one? How much of her former beauty might Wren recover?


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena marvels as she hears the massive explosion outside, finally breaking free of the mental commands that took over her body. "Whoa!" Was that you Lena?

Elena rushes over to the smoldering ruins. "Who was she?" She bends down and picks up the broom to move it out of the way. Tossing it to the side the broom hovers slightly off the ground in the place she threw it. "Wow!"

Would like:

  • Witching gown with the spell 'poison' currently held in it
  • Broom of flying
  • Headband of vast intelligence +4 (grants kn: planes and kn: history), this would free up my headband of Vast Int +2


  • Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

    Grab those items. Fine by me. I will check as I might use the headband. Bronin needs more intelligence--- but defers all the real goodies to others.

    Bronin
    Potions. I like potions. Easy to understand. Drink down in a gulp and bang! Magic effects!

    Shadow Lodge

    Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
    active spells:
    mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

    Lena eyes the loot. She would like the ring of protection, and the broom


    Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

    when I mentioned the intelligence headband, I meant the +2 cast off from VestalVirginLena.She should certainly have the +4. The Amulet might be very enticing. I need to check my own treasure stash.


    Human Barmaid
    Stats:
    HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

    You can have the broom if you want Lena. Elena was claiming a lot.

    Elena scoots the broom towards Lena as she sees her eyeing the strange device. "Seems haunted. You want it?"


    Stats:
    AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
    Elf FeatherMage

    With the belt, Wren's new Init is +13 and her standard AC is 20.

    Wren waits to see what happens with the rest of the gear, and is ready to move on when others are.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    .

    Wren takes a look over the Sun Orchid Elixir, her bird brain tells her that there's enough of this to de-age someone maybe ten years. Not really much in elf years, pretty good for a human, and it'd mean a lot to a dog.

    There are numerous research notes in the room by both Hetna and her partner Aisia, detailing their work in searching for an elixir of youth at the behest of some noble patron, as well as the alchemical process for manufacturing bloodbrew elixir. A competent alchemist could reconstruct the recipe entirely.

    As well, the strong, bold penmanship of who you presume to be the nosferatu Ramoska Arkminos is among the notes, particularly with the R.A. initials on each page. His notes also deal with extension of life although nothing about the bloodbrew elixir.

    I'll update with your exploration of the top floor tomorrow.

    Shadow Lodge

    Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
    active spells:
    mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

    Lena claims the ring and the broom if no one objects.
    I have my old ring of protection if anyone wants it?

    +2 ring of protection


    Stats:
    AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
    Elf FeatherMage

    Wren scoops up the notes and notebooks, what is useful she will learn and what isn’t useful might be nice padding for a nest at some future time.

    Someone can still claim the amulet. Wren would take it, but she’ll just sell it for a decent wand or staff once the party gets back to town. She’s still way behind WBL, but also, it’s a good amulet for a frontliner.

    She will package up the Sun Elixir for future study or drinking.


    Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

    Bronin could exchange amulet to upgrade his armor, but others have not taken anything. He has a +2 Amulet currently.


    Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

    Sorry for the silence, guys. RL has been kicking my boo-tay, and I have had to be selective about which games I am posting to, when I get the chance

    Whiskeyjack compared magic items with the others, and decided the best bet would be to let Bronin have the +3 amulet, and Whiskeyjack would take the noble's old +2, swapping it out for teh dwarf's +1. Whiskey would also benefit from Lena's +2 ring, as he had no rings of his own. This way everyone could get an upgrade, and his plate protected him from most attacks anyways. If only that headband had been wisdom-enchanted instead of intelligence...

    "Looks like we be findin' th' source o' th' bloodbrew stuff. I be pourin' i' ou' while Wren be doin' somethin' useful. Wha' be hidin' in th' box?"

    Whiskeyjack will pour the contents of the cauldron out the broken window.

    8,051 to 8,100 of 8,215 << first < prev | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.