GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


8,001 to 8,050 of 8,214 << first < prev | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Sorry for the barrage of posts,I got better and I'm trying to catch up and push at the same time.

if others want Bronin to talk first:
Bronin has his weapons put away and looks to enter the room without revealing the others.

He enters with a grace of confidence and swagger like he owns the room and he's the boss man over all these chumheads. He advances as far as they will allow.
You are all right! Both Aisa and Hetna are beautiful and amazing in their respective ways.
One is alluring with that pure carnal look and pheromones. The other fits all the girl next door fantasies. You are in a no win debate my fellows. This has been going on for at exactly 55 years in the Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate every young man in their pubescent years has made.
I am a "Mary Ann" man myself, what say you others?

I have been sent here to take charge of you lot.

Gilligan's Island:
uncanny co-incidence first episode aired on 09/26/1964! Dang! 55 years?! All hail Bob Denver and Alan Hale

diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren has no idea what Bronin is talking about, but is content to let him do his best.

What the hell is a Mary Ann?


.

Gimme a sec 'cause we've got cross purposes working here before Bronin goes up to talk to them. B ronin can keep the diplomacy roll though.

Wren's Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

With Whiskeyjack sniffing out that something is wrong and describing the behaviour of the guards to the rest of the group, it becomes clear to Wren that they're under the influence of a basic charm spell... but may have been under it for a while.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren notes that they are under a charm.

"Looks like they are all charmed by something, maybe even violently so," Wren mentions, but is unsure what to do about it. "I don't have anything to suppress it, if that's what you're wondering. They are all under the influence."

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Well, I know one solution to charm Lena says, a small flame flickers on her hand.
but, hey, frying people smells bad, so knock yourself out, bronin.
She whispers to whiskyjack.
Even odds he gets sliced?


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

"Charmed? Like how that man looked when the demon ripped out of him?" Elena asks confused and even a bit concerned. Her eyes go wide at Lenas suggestion of fireballing the room and killing everyone within. "Ugh, is there a less permanent way to break them free?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena shrugs. ask wren. She's the wizard. Once you get through the word salad, you'll find it's kill them, hurt them, kill the charmer or dispel the charm. And dispel is not great on lots of people.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

"Bird salad? I *love* bird salad...a few almonds, dried fruit, chickpeas, more nuts, it's a great dinner," Wren mishears something that she feels the need to comment upon. "Reminds me of this kale salad I had in Roslar's Coffer...blahblahblah...full of kale...blahblahblah...met a big yokel who worked in stables...blahblahblah...offered to show me his totem, if you know...blahblahblah...'shakra bull' he shouted as he...blahblahblah...gussed me up good and plenty in the hay...blahblahblah...and that's why I didn't stay in town too long," Wren rambles, showing her yellow, old, cracked teeth to all. It is not a pretty smile, but is a happy memory for her.

She doesn't have a good solution to the charming so maybe we go around and come back a different route? Maybe check out the far building on the other side?


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena's head swims with the circle of bird talk. "So...Bronin goes and talks to them?" Elena smiles, not sure if that is what Wren was getting at. Elena swishes her hands in a motion urging Bronin inward.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin takes the swooshing of hands as an invitation to go hustling into the man-debate of who's hot and who is not.
repeat of spoiler above.
Bronin has his weapons put away and looks to enter the room without revealing the others.
He enters with a grace of confidence and swagger like he owns the room and he's the boss man over all these chumheads. He advances as far as they will allow.
You are all right! Both Aisa and Hetna are beautiful and amazing in their respective ways.
One is alluring with that pure carnal look and pheromones. The other fits all the girl next door fantasies. You are in a no win debate my fellows. This has been going on for at exactly 55 years in the Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate every young man in their pubescent years has made.
I am a "Mary Ann" man myself, what say you others?

I have been sent here to take charge of you lot.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder waits in the shadows while Bronin distracts the men.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena emulates adder


.

The guards immediately start up from their table as Bronin steps in like he owns the place, and probably has owned a place similar enough to this one in his past. He manages to get past the first hurdle - they don't try to stab him in the face just yet.

"Wait, what. Who are you? Hetna didn't say anyone was coming to take charge!"

Another stands, his blade half out of his scabbard. "Yeah we only take orders from them, them's orders!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Well, you want to protect them don't you? I'm getting the suspicion you don't love Hetna as much as WE love Hetna because you are just going to let some Vampires and Nobles make off with their prizes!
Well, I'm here to organize you rabble as we need to scout the Front Road and we need a party to get in the boat at the pier and scout the local waters.

Danger is about and I love them women too much to watch you all sitting on your asses. Now get's up . Get out the front door and get on scoutin'! If you don't like orders- you go talk to Hetna and Aisa. Go ahead I DARE you to interrupt them.

Not certain if bluff or diplomacy. +10 Bluff (to conceal my identity) and +16 Diplomacy. I'd might also get a quarry trait ability bonus as this IS the Whispering Way.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack stood ready as Bronin tried to talk his way through the charmed men. It was all well and good to at least try to spare the lives of those that couldn't make the decision to fight or run by themselves, but he would be a chatty elf if he would stand by and let himself be attacked just because he didn't want to hurt a charmed person.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren tries to keep from thinking that Bronin really does love Hetna and Aisa. He might for all she knows, she’s beginning to believe it.

She waits to see what happens.


.

You've already influenced attitude, this is Bluff. And this is not Whispering Way unfortunately. Just adjacent.

Bluff Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Bronin has told better lies, but these aren't particularly canny mercenaries. They all stand up as they realize they've been given clear orders and old habits seem to snap into place. "No nobles are making off with the prizes! We'll do them proud!"

Gathering their things, the mercenaries start talking among each other about the logistics of the scouting mission, and they head out of the building. The base of the abbey is yours.

A quick exploration of the surrounding rooms reveals the following:

- A well-stocked pantry, permanently shrouded in a fog spell that keeps it cool
- A large kitchen
- A workroom which contains a full, if crude, map of the abbey. Several areas have large 'X' marks through them
- A bell tower with spiral stairs leading upwards and a long rope dangling down, presumably attached to the bell

The 'X' marks appear to be through the carriage house, store room, bell tower, and an outbuilding to the east of the main abbey.

Map is revealed with the X marks.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

We've been through at least 2 of the areas with the Xs. Was there anything in common we found there?


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin puts his hands together in a horizontal sliding motion. turning over his hands and repeating. The motion a baker might use in cleaning off her hands (because baking is women's work to Bronin) signifying that the job is done.
With satisfaction, he reports back, we've got maybe 10 minutes to find and kill the witches to dispel the magics, or else we'll have those thugs back and they'll be behind us.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena applauds as the charmed guards make off the premises. She claps. "Well done Bronin! And what is this MaryAnne vs Ginger?" She was obviously too you to know much about Gilligan's Island the debate. "Was this MaryAnne fighting a plant?"

Elena looks over the maps with the 'X' marks across the rooms. "What do you suppose this means?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren floats stunned by the success of Bronin's gambit, completely underestimating the man.

He must have as many friends as I do. At least as many, maybe.

Bronin Dohari wrote:
we've got maybe 10 minutes to find and kill the witches to dispel the magics, or else we'll have those thugs back and they'll be behind us.

Wren shakes out of her reverie of admiration for Bronin just to hear him say something surprisingly intelligent twice in a row, a truly stunning occurrence.

I may have underestimated him.

While others decide what to do, Wren floats to the south doors to look inside and Detect Magic.

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 = 27 Perception

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Vladlena stares as bronin's gambit paid off. Then she rallies.

well let's find our real foe's. We should check each place, starting with the closest.


.

Bottom floor is cleared out - I auto-explored the remaining rooms as they had no encounters or goodies.

Detect magic doesn't reveal anything unusual on the bottom floor, which you've now very thoroughly explored. The red X's on the map don't seem to indicate the presence of anything you can detect.

Your options to progress are up the bell tower, to the outbuilding to the east, or to follow some clever other means of exploring the abbey.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

We have done a good job exploring. Let us head up the bell tower. I will lead the way.

Bronin stealths up the stairs.

1d20+19 Stealth

But before that happens............

VestalLena wrote:
Was this MaryAnne fighting a plant?"

Bronin went from cocksure about safely driving off the charmed thugs to taking a stumbling step and his face gets a bit red in embarrassment.

He turns to Elena Nethermore.
Oh, you overheard that part.
He gets a bit red in the face, and shuffles from one foot to the other.
W-e-l-l that was a bit of "guy talk" . Stuff I knew they could relate to and would instantly make me one of the gang.
So, N-O. Ginger is not a plant.
He takes a pause, and puts a hand through his unhelmed hair.
This explanation might be embarrassing for the both of us, so if it gets too much... just tell me to stop.
He stumbles over the words he's trying to get out. and is overexaggerating his hands.
Just so you know, I'm only telling you this because you asked and I'm not going to insult you by lying. The other guys like Adder and Whiskey TOTALLY know about Ginger and Mary Anne. They might have different names for the two, but at my mage school- Kragis Aire - it was Ginger and Mary Anne.
One of the easiest spells to master is called Silent Image. And so students -especially students that are young adults and hormonal - like to practice making certain images. "Ginger" as we'd call her would be this gorgeous woman with ..um...wide birthing hips .. and um... a set of.. um..could make nursing a couple babies very easy.
Mary Anne was the image that was a bit more "girl from the local village" with lots of cute features and dimples.
Guys would talk amongst themselves about the Ginger or Mary Anne images they'd conjure and practice with. And young boys... um..liked to practice a lot with the spell Silent Image.

Bronin ends the explanation abruptly. Moving to the bell tower.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack looked at Bronin with more than a little bit of suspicion.

"Tha' bein' a human thing? Sounds a bi' dodgy t' me. I mean, ye be makin' these images up o' girls ye be knowin'? Tha' be creepy, an' I be a bi' ashamed o' ye fer hearin' ye say i'."

"Whyn'y ye be leadin' th' way up t' th' bell tower. Maybe leadin' th' charge'll help ye be atonin' fer tha'!"

He grumbled "Humans! Jest when ye think they migh' no ' be so bad after all..."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

he must have a god backing him, maybe that drunkard god?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren listens to Bronin and offers her own opinions about wide birthing hips.

”Oh I once knew this Chelaxian woman...blahblahblah...dark hair and hips as wide as a canal, especially with legs spread ...blahblahblah...like butter across hot toast ...blahblahblah...lavished her lower parts with perfume ...blahblahblah...cherry with hints of regret ...blahblahblah...loved the smell of her own ...blahblahblah...and she took off her shoes too! ...blahblahblah...the dwarf just laughed and inserted his ...blahblahblah...and that was the end of that, what with the fire and all,” Wren chirps and flaps her hand as she speaks, relating this very important story as they go up the stairs.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20
Whiskey wrote:
Tha' be creepy, an' I be a bi' ashamed o' ye fer hearin' ye say i'."

Bronin crumples under the weight of the judgment given by WhiskeyJack.

He hears Wren give her amazing and interesting story about big hipped woman, and feels a bit more vindicated.
It's an odd juxtaposition, as he knows Wren is looney, scattered, and tells tales best listened to on the perifory. YET, her words bolster back his image and ego.
While still meek in a reply, he does reply to Whiskey.
I understand what you are saying, but educate me -- I really want to know - how do male dwarfs act when they hit puberty? If not with a little "Ginger and Mary Ann" action?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage
Bronin Dohari wrote:
"I understand what you are saying, but educate me -- I really want to know - how do male dwarfs act when they hit puberty?"

Wren waves away anything that W'Jack was about to say to interrupt with her all-too-important-to-herself opinion on the mating habits of dwarves, which may or may not be actual experience, gossip, pulpy magazines, or loosely translated azlanti graffiti.

"Well, from my experience, most 'normal' races, like most elves, some humans, elves, female halflings, a quarter of merfolk, like, when they are approaching a house, will knock on the door, maybe jiggle the handle, rap on the left window, then the right, maybe jiggle the door handle again and try to get permission to enter," Wren looks intently to make sure Bronin is listening. Whether or not he gets the analogy is another, much more delicate matter that she'd rather not get into right now. She smiles her cracked yellow teethed smile smugly, like she usually does when she is explaining things.

"But dwarves, you see, dwarves knock on the back door, let themselves in, and soon in the cellar pumping at the kegs before you've come down off the nest and are moving to their first rapt, you see?" Wren folds her feathered arms and looks at Bronin, certain that she's explained things correctly to the confused man and equally certain that it answered his question perfectly.

"And that's how they do it," Wren turns from Bronin, again focused on the task at hand. She shoos the party up the stairs. "Come along now, dearies. We still have work to do."


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin does listen intently.
He mumbles a bit Most races like the front door. Dwarves like the back door.

He processes what is said by Wren, and also by What Whiskey and others will
certainly pipe in about their observations.

Taking in 4 other opinions, Bronin makes his way up stairs.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena's jaw drops as Wren seems to be educating the men on life. She blushes a deep shade of crimson as all of her time as a barmaid she hadn't even yet been courted or even kissed a man yet. Had some traveling mage made silent images of her?

She gets so confuzzled and scatter brained she hardly realizes everyone begins heading up the stairs and takes off after them. "Whiskeyjack, I didn't have many dwarves come through my village. In fact you were one of the first I have seen. Do your woman also grow beards and lots of hair?" Elena taps her bouncy hair from her new haircut and style.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena starts laughing. To the point of tears, and falling to the floor. She laughs at bronin's retreat, she laughs at elana's blushes, she laughs at Whiskeyjack's frown, and at wren's incomprehensible ravings.
Oh I needed that. Ahem She calms down to giggles.

ok. How about we focus on the matter at hand. And we can explain the birds and the bees to bronin, and probably Lena looks at the blushing elana this one later.

And with that, she follows bronin


.

With visions of sticky spellbooks dancing in your head, you make your way to the bell tower with Bronin in the lead. The huge pull rope dangles tantalizingly before you as you round the stairs, up to the second level.

Four windows allow a modest amount of natural light into the
second floor of the abbey’s bell tower. Stone stairs along the
walls lead both up and down, while two doors open to the west
and north.

As you make your way up the stairs, Wren notices a large number of spiders up at the next level. As you approach, they hesitate before scuttling out of sight to the third floor of the bell tower.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

"...blahblahblah...and of course don't let a dwarf touch you unless...blahblahblah...clean and shaven where it...blahblahblah...times two, unless it's a 4 armed...blahblahblah...dwarves have a tendency to reject, despite their reputations for hearty...blahblahblah...couldn't go down...blahblahblah...and well, let's just say the jello didn't set well," Wren finishes as the party comes up the stairs, looking around.

"Oh dearies! Spiders, let us be cautious. Especially those who cannot fly, oh you poor flightless little birdies," Wren warns the party and alerts Lena that fire, and then more fire, might be necessary.

She waits for others to lead the way, still flying 5' or 10' off the ground in case of spiders.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"Nah, tha' be a rumor. Ye probably be seein' a dwarven lass 'r two come through yer place. They be lookin' a lo' like ye, only stouter an' a bi' more muscular. Sure some migh' 'ave more facial hair than most humans women, bu' tha's not like a thing."

When Wren mentioned spiders, Whiskeyjack cut off in mid-explanation. He raised his shield, more to protect himself from the coming firestorm than worry of any spiders. The dwarf hesitated for a mere moment before pushing up to lead the way.


.

That to me indicated you were exploring the level, so going north.

Whiskeyjack leads the group northwards which leads to an east-west hallway. The west room opens up into a huge laboratory.

The pungent odor of strange chemicals and reagents hangs in the air of this wide chamber. Several tables fll the room; they’re covered with dozens of glass bottles and flasks, some placed upon small burners, connected to one another with elaborate glass tubing. A large cauldron sits over an open flame in the southern fireplace, bubbling with a dark reddish liquid.

Four more of the mercenaries stand in the room - all in defensive positions behind tables. It is very, very clear you are expected. As Whiskeyjack stomps out into the hallway, a cry erupts.

"OUR FOES ARE HERE, WE DIE FOR YOU, HETNA!"

Initiative:

Bronin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Elena: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Adder: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Whiskeyjack: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Lena: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Wren: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Guards: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
???: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round One:

Elena
Adder
Whiskeyack
Wren
Lena
Bornin
---
Guards

Everyone is up! Map is updated.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 1
Wren sees no reason to get her beak dirty just yet, staying out of the way and letting the brutes be brutes.
She draws her wand of magic missiles, and lets loose with a flurry of force claws at blue1.

”cawCAW!”

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 1, 2) + 5 = 16 force damage
16/50 charges left.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
16/50 charges left.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin moves up and looks around at the area. Expecting a trap.
perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
He goes defensive.
AC 27 normally plus defensive.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

If her shield spell is still active 12min duration
magic missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 2, 1) + 5 = 14 at the nearest opponent

If shield is no longer active
Cast shield


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack stomped forward, raising his shield and creating a barricade that any attackers would have to go through to get to the others. As he did, his hands glowed with righteous power. Almost as an afterthought, he nudged Bronin with an elbow, bestowing some of Angradd's war knowledge onto the human.

Bronin now has War Mind! Use it well

War Mind:

War Mind (minor): At 1st level, you can touch an ally and grant it a tactical advantage for 1 minute. At the start of its turn each round, it can select one of the following bonuses: +10 feet to base land speed, +1 dodge bonus to AC, +1 insight bonus on attack rolls, or a +1 luck bonus on saving throws. Each bonus selected lasts for 1 round.

Swift to cast Divine Power. Standard to place War Mind blessing on Bronin. SS +2 is up!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

This round defensive use. +1 AC unless my perception picked upa possibletrap. Then +1 to luck saving throws. Thanks Whiskey I like this cool spell/power!


.

@LEna you don't have LoS. Moving you into the hallway so you can get it.

The group responds to the call to battle in kind as Bronin and Whiskeyjack move to the front. Wren and Lena both fire magic missiles at the closest guard, who is rocked.

Round One:

Elena
Adder
Whiskeyack (divine power 12)
Wren
Lena
Bronin (war mind 10)
---
Guards:
Blue (-30)

Elena and Adder are up!


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Potpie, still enlarged swats both of his wings out and charges around the corner. The fury of the battle chicken rushing into the room. Elena chases after him, not able to catch the chicken. She screams as she skids next to Whiskeyjack. She holds both of her hands out trying to stop the mercenaries in the room from doing something they will regret. "STOP! Leave this town and don't come back. I don't want to see anymore get hurt."

Mass Suggestion DC 21 Will save

Player Status:

HP 89/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Shield Companion
2nd: Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:
4th:
5th: Wracking Ray
6th: Mass Suggestion
Wands: Mage Armor (47/50); CLW (30/50)
PotPie
HP 68/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- active)
Effects: None
Battleform 2/3


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 112/112
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 30
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +8; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +4 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +4d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action), trap spotter
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target:
Active:

Adder runs past the others and sets himself up behind the bar.

Double move to bar while drawing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
.

GM Rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Falling Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

As the group moves in, Elena's voice rings out and she once more feels something swell within her, and reach out ot the minds of the guards. Turns out that the guards are as easy for you to influence as they were for their masters, and without a word, five of the six guards begin filing out obediently and moving past you.

Seeing Elena exposed, the onyl guard who is not affected runs up to her, sword drawn.

As the guards move past, Bronin suddenly feels a strange, and horrific attack on his body! Although his mind is his own, his body begins to move as if controlled like a mannequin. Jerkily, his limbs start moving and soon he is running at a breakneck speed for a window. With the picture perfect grace of a diver, he leaps through an open window to the ground below!

With a cry, he falls a good 20' to the ground before landing with a crunch a good ways from the entrance back into the abbey.

Round Two:

Elena
Adder
Whiskeyack (divine power 12)
Wren
Lena
Bronin (war mind 10)
---
Someone
Guards:
1 (-30) (suggestion)
2 (suggestion)
3
4 (suggestion)
5 (suggestion)
6 (suggestion)

The suggestion worked REALLY WELL and 5/6 guards are now filing past you to exit per Elena's suggestion. Guard 3 (yellow) is not under its affects. Some thing took over Bronin's body and he just did a swan dive through a window. Bronin you can find your token one slide down and otherwise have normal control of yourself.

Bronin takes 9 damage to his dignity! Also hit points and he is prone.

EVERYONE is up!


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"I dinnae be thinkin' so, ye mind-limp bread-sniffer! Leave th' lady alone!"

attack,pa,dp: 1d20 + 16 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 4 - 3 = 33
damage,pa,dp: 1d10 + 8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 6 + 4 = 28
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

attack,pa,dp: 1d20 + 11 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 4 - 3 = 16
damage,pa,dp: 1d10 + 8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 + 4 = 22
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Full attack on yellow. SS +2 is up!


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena cowers back, her arms raised as she protects herself feebly from the sword. "NO!" The dark powers snake invisibly from herself and into the guard.

Misfortune Will DC 23.

She looks up to see most of the guards filing past. She was used to talking and calming down a full room of drunks, but nothing like this.

Player Status:

HP 89/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Shield Companion
2nd: Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:
4th:
5th: Wracking Ray
6th: Mass Suggestion
Wands: Mage Armor (47/50); CLW (30/50)
PotPie
HP 68/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- active)
Effects: None
Battleform 2/3


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

I am 90%certain Bronin has a ring of feather falling.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Nice spell, Elena!

Round 2
Wren debates just for a moment casting Feather Fall on the diving Bronin, but then thinks better of saving the man from his own bad decisions. If the man was ever going to learn that jumping out high windows was a bad idea, he hoped it would be now. She had decided to stop enabling him.

Wren floats forward and up 10' so that the people leaving can leave peaceably.

She readies to blast anything that comes at her or is spellcasting, letting the meatsticks beat the final guard down.

”cawCAW!”

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 1, 4) + 5 = 18 force damage
16/50 charges left.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (1/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
16/50 charges left.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena flicks a firebolt at the last guard

firebolt: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 touch

damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Why did bronin jump out the window?

current AC 27

8,001 to 8,050 of 8,214 << first < prev | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.