GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


7,851 to 7,900 of 8,315 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Yes, sleep is the best course of action. We have worked hard for other people's satisfaction.
Well, FieryLena sure seems satisfied. She has been smiling non-stop after blasting that traitorous Radvir . It was like she got a bag of gold for a year's worth of work.

*****
Bronin takes point to enter the shop.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

In the 'morning', Wren is *much* more chipper and happy than she was the night before when the long night/day made her feel more than a might peckish. However, having time to herself and near her hotel/nest, has restored her mood.

She preps different spells for the day, eating a slew of nuts and fruits for breakfast.

Overland Flight, Mage Armor, & Extended Heroism on the old bird. She has continual Detect Scrying around her.

permanent Detect Scrying:
You immediately become aware of any attempt to observe you by means of a divination (scrying) spell or effect. The spell’s area radiates from you and moves as you move. You know the location of every magical sensor within the spell’s area.

If the scrying attempt originates within the area, you also know its location; otherwise, you and the scrier immediately make opposed caster level checks (1d20 + caster level). If you at least match the scrier’s result, you get a visual image of the scrier and an accurate sense of his direction and distance from you.

* * *

She looks at the building, then her companions, wishing they had time to sell their loot and buy new things, but also knowing that they might have even more monies after this foray so it might have been the right decision to wait.

"Well dearies, have I ever told you about the time I shacked up with dwarven furniturist? Well...blahblahblah...very strong hands...blahblahblah...tender touches along the filigree, if you know what I...blahblahblah...made him shave more than just his beard hair...blahblahblah...and the gnomess just couldn't keep up...blahblahblah...two eggs, and a sausage,...blahblahblah...lemon tarts right up the ol'...blahblahblah...and we laughed a lot about that."

She's ready to follow Bronin into the shop.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena sleeps a bit restlessly that night. Though she was incredibly exhausted she tosses and turns. Vampires chase her relentlessly in her dreams. Their sharp fangs tearing at her flesh.

She awakens with a scream, clutching her chest as she is woken by Potpie pecking at her body and clothes. She swats the chicken off the bed, her frazzled hair bobbing in the damp air. Taking a quick shower she slowly meets the others downstairs for breakfast and to head to the clothing store.

She is pretty quite most of the walk their, her fingers nonchalantly rubbing at her amulet. As the group reaches the shop she pulls forth the key and unlocks the door for Bronin.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

er...shower? Maybe a face wash. I don't think our inn has showers


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

She moistens her sweaty moist areas with a fresher moist. :) hehe


.

She's a 12 level witch. If she wants a shower she will have a shower. Sorry guys life is crazy but will update when I can.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

LOL. That's how I envision super powerful characters like ours... hell, if she can throw down hexes, she can arrange for a "shower" of sorts magically or otherwise.

Before arriving, cast barkskin -cats grace and bears endurance. I'll post new stats in spoiler.
*******
Bronin steps through the door and signals for the others to be quiet and wait for him to go a bit forward.
He takes steps in a stealthy manner towards the northern portion of the building.
moving character to location I'd like to stealth to and check out. will roll stealth and perception in a couple hours.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

gm:
Correction. Using potion of Cats Grace. Spells in effect: Barkskin, Cats Grace and Bears Endurance.
New stats:
AC 26
Perception: +16.
Stealth : +21.
new HP's: : 157

He moves silently, like a leopard stalking an unsuspecting Aishe woodsman.
stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena marvels at the quiet way Bronin stepped through the door. It is a shame that it was ruined by the noise of the empty chatter coming from the bird elf.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder works out in the morning then quietly follows the others to the shop.


.

Thank you for your patience!

GM ROlls:

Surprise INitiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 311d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Vamp Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Bronin unlocks the door and throws it open to stride in. However, the late-day light streaming in behind him encounters a strange kind of darkness. He can kind of see inside, but it's quite difficult. Whiskeyjack can see far better though, and in the darkness he spies a single vampire standing in the middle of the room. He hisses as the door swings open and although the vampire is about to act, Wren and Adder's incredible reflexes ahve them going first!

Wren and Adder have surprise round actions! Single vamp on the map and the room is in magical darkness!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

After surprise round and vampire.
Darkness?! Fortune shines on me! You can't do that funky mind warping thing on me- and little did you know I am trained to fight in the dark.

bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
@ GM, the whole room is in magical darkness? That's a lot of area.
My bluff is hope to get the vampire to make a move out of the darkness or dispel the darkness.
on my normal turn, I'll use the bluff and then move.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round Surprise

Wren casts Darkvision on Bronin. Lasts 12 hours, 60’ reach.

”There you go, dearie. Try to be careful in there,” Wren coos beneficently.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
18/50 charges left.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Thank you Wren! I am deadly against undead. Even more so when there's not a miss chance probability/concealment.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder moves into the room and off to the side, drawing his sword and studying his foe as he does so.

Move to draw while moving, Free to Study.


.

I've moved your token Adder.

GM Rolls:

Fireball: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 5, 4, 2, 2, 2, 6) = 27
Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 301d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

INitiative:

Bronin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Elena: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Whiskeyjack: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Lena: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Wren quickly casts a spell on Bronin while Adder moves into the room, ready to take down his target. The vampire, whose ambush has been slightly ruined, simply responds with a fireball, blasting the group!

Round One:

Wren
Bronin
Adder
---
Vampire
---
Elena
Lena
Whiskeyjack

Wren and Pot Pie take 27 fire damage! Elena, Lena, Whiskeyjack, and Bronin take 13 fire damage before DR. Wren, Bronin, and Adder have their first round actions!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin has Evasion, so no damage. he's double moving 70 feet.
Bronin moves into the room. He expects another ambush to come at him from the side.
He rotates his head left and then right. Looking at the surroundings.
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

Adder. how's your second hour on the sundial? All clear? No flankers?


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 1

Wren singes angrily, glaring at the vampire. She fluffs her feathers, looking for damage, and moves out of line of sight/effect.

She draws her wand, ready to move in and blast some vampire.

Wren Combat:

HP: 46/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
18/50 charges left.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena's hair ruffles a bit, as the flames wash over her with no harm.

big mistake, parasite!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder moves up while Bronin races past him.

"There is no sun, we are inside."

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26


.

GMPC Elena since it's been a few days since she's posted.

Elena quickly moves out of the way, grabbing Pot Pie and once more absorbing her chicken into her. The Whispering Way's amulet clatters to the ground.

Bronin rushes into the room ahead of the group, seeing keenly through the darkvision as he moves in on his target. The vampires simply smiles. Suddenly the air around Bronin comes alive with hissing as the vampire attacking him simply smiles before stepping back and vanishing. The air comes alive with hissing as Bronin quickly realizes that he's surrounded by invisible foes!

The air shimmer briefly before he sees multiple rays of fire blast from the darkness into him, scorching him horribly!

GM Rolls:

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 181d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 121d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 211d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage: 20d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 2, 6, 6, 5, 2, 6, 5, 2, 5, 1, 5, 5, 1, 4, 6, 2, 1) = 73

Round One con't:

Wren (-27)
Bronin (-86)
Adder
---
Vampires
---
Elena (-13)
Lena (-13)
Whiskeyjack (-13)

Bronin takes 73 damage from a bunch of scorching rays! Everyone is up! The vampires on the map are last known location as they may have moved.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin moves into position. He's worried about another vampire coming at the spell casters. He's worried that the barmaid might be vulnerable to that fireball and an ambush. He's worried until Adder boxes him in with the logic.
Yeah Adder. But I meant... sundial as in position. Um. you know strategy.
Um.

and he's boxed in. Adder is 100% right and he was wrong.
Yup, sorry. My fault. dumb question. We are inside.
He let's go his sundial mistake and focuses on the vampire.

OUCH!!! as the scorching rays come bounding in.

gm:
I don't think all those hit. My AC is up as I have pre-casts. See spoiler above, but I cut and pasted too:
"Correction. Using potion of Cats Grace. Spells in effect: Barkskin, Cats Grace and Bears Endurance.
New stats:
AC 26
Perception: +16.
Stealth : +21.
new HP's: : 157 "
.......
Scorching ray might be touch, but my short sword defender and dex give me some good touch AC of 17.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

um, why did the scorching rays do 20d6? They are only four dice each


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 112/112
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 30
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +8; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +4 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +4d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action), trap spotter
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target:
Active:

Adder winces as Bronin is fried like a steak on a pitchfork.

"Bronin, watch out. There are more."

He moves and strikes at the last vampire position.

Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (1, 4) + 21 = 26
High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 57


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*
Vladlena wrote:
um, why did the scorching rays do 20d6? They are only four dice each

5 of 6 rays hit, that's 4x5=20d6.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 2

”Are they invisible, are they? Humpf!” Wren screeches in annoyance. Wren casts True Seeing and moves into the room.

She will point out vampires as she spots them, darkness or invisibility no hinderance to her owlish eyes.

Will move on map when I get home.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73-27/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
18/50 charges left.


.

@Lena - what Adder said. He got shot by three vamps who had two rays each.

@Bronin - the successful hits were all 18 or above.

Adder feels his blade bite home as he connects.

Wren casts true seeing and her heart sinks as she spots more vampires - two of which have moved near the door.

Actual vamp locations are revealed on the map. Lena, Elena, Whiskeyjack, and Bronin still have actions!

Because it's relevant, I've added the sunbeam from the doorway onto the map so I'm not putting vampires ins tupid places.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren points out the vampires that she can see, and flies a bit higher to avoid any attacks from them. 10’.

”Careful now, W’Jack, Lena! There a couple inside the door!”


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack cast a spell on himself to remove invisibility from nearby creatures and rushed into the room with his shield raised.

Burn fervor to cast Invisibility Purge on himself, then double move forward. Should reveal the entire place.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Apologies, I didn't see Elena up on the initiative.

Elena grimaces as she closes in on the door. Clutching her amulet around her next the shadows converge around her, sucking into the amulet, becoming denser and denser until a sharp bright light forms. The light illuminates blindingly around her, bright as the daylight.

Cast Shadow Evocation for Daylight. Counts as a 5th level spell in case this is deeper darkness.

Status:

HP 76/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st:
2nd: Merge with Familiar
3rd:
4th:
5th: Shadow Evocation
6th:
Wands: Mage Armor (49/50); CLW (38/50)
PotPie
HP 41/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- not active)
Effects: None
Battleform 3/3

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena steps forward into the building, and casts.
right. You like fire? Let's test the limits of that.

targeting the three in the top left hand corner

fireball: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 2, 4, 2, 1, 4, 3, 4) = 34 dc 21 reflex for half

Current AC 27

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

urr. map changed. I'll redo my turn

Lena enters, turns and blasts the green vamp.

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 touch attack

scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 touch attack

scorching ray 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 touch attack

damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 5) + 2 = 21

damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 6) + 2 = 16

damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 1) + 2 = 13


.

Yeah the vamps got revealed.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 2 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Dispel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Fireball: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 2, 1, 4, 5, 1) = 25
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 8d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 5, 6, 5, 4, 6, 1) = 33
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The group set to work countering the defensive protections of the vampires. First daylight flares up followed by Whiskeyjack's invisibility purge which blows away the vampires' invisibility.

Lena, completely done with this vampire b!!+%$!*, charges in and points at one, blasting him thoroughly with fire magic. Bronin, originally very badly out of position, moves in close to one of the vampires to get a flank with Adder before letting him have it.

The vampires retaliate! Bronin ducks more scorching rays which avoid him this time while Whiskeyjack is less lucky and gets blasted twice. Whiskeyjack also feels an attempt to dispel his invisibility purge fail. Finally, a fireball blows up amongst Wren and Elena again, scorching both badly.

Round Two:

Wren (-52)
Bronin (-86)
Adder
---
Vampires:
1 (-45)
2 (-13)
3
4
5
6
---
Elena (-38)
Lena (-13)
Whiskeyjack (-46)

Whiskeyjack takes 33 damage. Wren and Elena take 25 damage. Everyone is up!


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 3

Wren sizzles violently a second time, unable to take the heat. She’s clearly wilting.

She casts Greater Invisibility on herself and moves to avoid any more bursts.

Will move on map when I get home.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73-27-25/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
18/50 charges left.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack shuddered from the fire, channeling a bit of Angradd's power to take the edge off the burns, then rushed in to do battle with the nearest vampire fighting Lena.

channel: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 1, 3) = 13

Swift to put energy resistance 10 (fire) on my armor, std to channel heal, move. Everyone within 30' gets 13 healing. SS +2 up!

Also, @GM, don't forget as a dwarf Whiskeyjack gets +2 to saves vs spells.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena's ears ring as a second ball of fire explodes out the door. Closing her eyes she yells as she bravely runs inside.

Double move.

Status:

HP 51/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st:
2nd: Merge with Familiar
3rd:
4th:
5th: Shadow Evocation
6th:
Wands: Mage Armor (49/50); CLW (38/50)
PotPie
HP 41/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- not active)
Effects: None
Battleform 3/3


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Round 3

VestalLena! Your probably safest near Adder and myself. Watch THIS!

and Bronin shows off for his compatriots the sharp long sword and short sword he owns while attacking the vampire (#4).

Who is the leader here? You all work for The Whispering Way! You attempted to ambush us as you are addicted to that "independence potion".

Bronin looks for the leader.

Spoiler:
Attacks! 5 of them. 3 Long Sword and 2 Short.
LS Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 Attack Vamp #4
damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

LS Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 Attack Vamp #4
damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

LS Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Attack Vamp #4
damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

SS Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

SS Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Critical: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 To confirm LS crit.
damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

rend: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


.

Bronin flies into a flurry of attacks, the practiced ranger slashing repeatedly into the vampire he has flanked with Adder, cutting her down in a matter of seconds. Whiskeyjack sends out a blast of healing energy to the group while Wren and Elena adjust themselves to avoid being hit by any more fireballs.

Round Two Con't:

Wren (-39)
Bronin (-73)
Adder
---
Vampires:
1 (-45)
2 (-13)
3
5
6
---
Elena (-25)
Lena
Whiskeyjack (-33)

Lena and Adder are up!


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 112/112
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 30
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +8; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +4 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +4d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action), trap spotter
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target:
Active: Vamp #5

Adder handles the vampire gibbets with aplomb, moving to strike down the foe that would dare threaten his Baba Wren.

Move to #5.

Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 1) + 21 = 25

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena sees the vampires move and fight. the green one is engaged by whiskeyjack, the red one approaches her. Stepping away, she turns the full force of her fire against the red one.

Empowered scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

damage 1: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 4) + 2 = 12 x1.5=18

Empowered scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

damage 2: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 1) + 2 = 14 miss

Empowered scorching ray 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

damage 3: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2, 3, 1) + 2 = 14 x1.5=21


.

Crap! I knew I forgot a game yesterday. I blame it on the hangover.

GM Rolls:

Fireball: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1) = 20
Fireball: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 2, 1, 2, 6, 6) = 29
REflex Saves (Bronin, Adder, Lena, Whiskeyjack, Elena: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 171d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 254d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 1) = 12
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 194d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 1) = 14

Bronin looks about for a leader, and none of them particularly seem to be in charge. They all have the look of cornered rats.

Lena soups her scorching rays, but unfortunately the vmapires are quick targets and only one of the blasts hits. Adder follows up with a vicious sword swipe as he moved in on the next target.

Seeing the group laid out with some space, the vampires send more fireballs which continue to badly scorch the group - except for Lena as the fire magic just washes over her.

The incredible power of the fire magic has lit the building on fire at this point as the various clothes and tailoring supplies start going up in flames. More scorching rays fly out, but none of them locate their targets.

Round Three:

Wren (-52)
Bronin (-106)
Adder (-20)
---
Vampires:
1 (-45)
2 (-13)
3
4
5
6
---
Elena (-52)
Lena (-13)
Whiskeyjack (-75)

20 damage to Adder and Bronin, 14 damage to Elena, 29 damage to Whiskeyjack! Everyone is up!


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

@GM Spiderbeard - Did you take into account my 10 Fire Resistance?

Also, did Vamp #1 cast a spell? And if so, can I pummel him into submission? Edit: please say Aoo, cause I rolled a crit!

Whiskeyjack growled at the fire washing over him and scorching his hair and beard! He glared threateningly at the vampire before him and hefted the undead hammer of doom.

if Aoo:

aoo,bane,dp,pa: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 3 + 3 - 3 = 37
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 3 + 6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 3 + 6 + 8 + (2, 1) = 27

confirm aoo,bane,dp,pa: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 3 + 3 - 3 = 27
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 3 + 6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 3 + 6 + 8 + (1, 1) = 31
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 3 + 6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 3 + 6 + 8 + (1, 3) = 33

if no AoO:

Whiskeyjack is a sad dwarf!

Bronin's cries of pain were enough to bring the Dwarf back to his senses, and Whiskeyjack channeled more healing energy into the room.

healing: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 4) = 13


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 4

Greater Invisibility, Round 2/13.

Wren heals again from W’Jack and takes the initiative to go on the offensive when she has life to do so.

She casts Chain Lightning on vamps 2 then 1 then 5.

13d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 6, 1, 3, 2, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5, 1) = 44 Lightning DC 24 reflex for half for #2, DC 22 for #1 and #5.

*Then* Wren will move invisibility to another spot.

Wren Combat:

HP: 73-27-25+13+13/73
AC: 18 (3 dex, 4 mage armor, 1 NA)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +6 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
18/50 charges left.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 96/96 | AC 17; TCH 16; FF 13 | Fort +10; Ref +11; Will +12 | Init +9; Perc +17

Elena feels he flames wash over her once more as she ducks for cover. She darts over to another table. "Bronin? Adder? You got them!" The pair feel quite a bit of luck come over them.

Bronin and Adder both have Fortune using split hex. For each D20 roll twice and take the highest result.

Status:

HP 37/89
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st:
2nd: Merge with Familiar
3rd:
4th:
5th: Shadow Evocation
6th:
Wands: Mage Armor (49/50); CLW (38/50)
PotPie
HP 41/68
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- not active)
Effects: None
Battleform 3/3


.

@Whiskey you know what he did. One of the scorching rays that missed but that's okay, you still get a shot!

GM Rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Refl: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Raven's Head strikes true and the vampire shrieks as holy light flies from the weapon, annihilating the vampire immediately! A burst of welcome healing magic follows. Wren then rubs her hands together and with a squawk sends out a brilliant burst of lightning among the vampires.

[spoiler=Round Three]

Wren (-52)
Bronin (-93)
Adder (-20)
---
Vampires:
2 (-58)
3
5 (-44)
6
---
Elena (-52)
Lena
Whiskeyjack (-62) [/ spoiler]

Adder and Bronin are up! Reminder you have a fortune hex and can reroll every d20 roll this round!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin moves- stalks towards the vampire hiding behind the elongated viking tables
I've been forced to hunt you. Yourtime is ending. That screaming you hear from your brethren will soon be coming out of your lips.

Bronin attacks!
long sword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 PA Vamp #6
Crit Confirmation.
long sword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33 PA Vamp #6

damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Crit
damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Elena! I greatly appreciate the encouragement. Look at how deftly I destroy this thing.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena focuses on the next vampire, gesturing and mutters a quick word.
empowered magic missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 4, 4) + 5 = 22 x1.5=33 damage on closest opponent


.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 412d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 2) + 21 = 26
Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 252d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 4) + 21 = 28
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 292d4 + 21 ⇒ (2, 4) + 21 = 27
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 172d4 + 21 ⇒ (2, 2) + 21 = 25
Attack Fortune: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 401d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 291d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 331d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
scorching ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 164d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 6) = 17
scorching ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 114d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 4) = 17
scorching ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 144d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 5) = 14
scorching ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 284d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2, 6) = 17
Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 204d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 3) = 13

The group counterattacks, having had enough of being pelted with fireballs. Lena's magic missile blasts one of the vampires apart while Adder takes down another. Bronin's attack brings one to her knees but she snarls, moving back in on the ranger.

Within seconds, only two of the vampires remain. One backs up, trying to take down Bronin with another pair of scorching rays while yet another finally seems to be out of fireballs, and decides to fire rays at Elena. Both of them are shot with Bronin taking one full in the neck! Both barely manage to keep upright after the attacks.

Round Four:

Wren (-52)
Bronin (-123)
Adder (-20)
---
Vampires:
2 (-58)
3
---
Elena (-69)
Lena
Whiskeyjack (-62)

Bronin takes 30 damage while Elena takes 17! Everyone is up! Two of these jerkasses left.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

WOOHOO!!! Bronin has Step up! I think we might need to retcon this as I step up and *hopefully* disrupt the spell. How do we handle this?


.

Step On up!: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Fortune Reroll: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Fortune Reroll: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Like that.

The vampire was going to zap Bronin, but the ranger stalks up and with a mighty swipe sends the vampire's head flying off!

Like that. Bronin doesn't take the damage and everyone is still up! One vamp left!

7,851 to 7,900 of 8,315 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.