GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


7,801 to 7,850 of 8,312 << first < prev | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | next > last >>

Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 2

Wren flies closer, but well out of the way, and fires her wand at red.

”cawCAW!”

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 2, 4) + 5 = 17 force damage
19/50 charges left.

Haste: Round 2/11: +1 to attacks, +1 AC/ref, yadayadayada, get a move on!

Wren Combat:

HP: 61/61
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +5 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
19/50 charges left.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack closed the distance on the leader, converting one of his healing spells into something more immediately useful instead. His arm went back, hauling the Raven's Head behind him like a trebuchet arms being cocked to fire. Then, at the last moment, the arm flew forward, smashing into the nearest of the vampires. He'd teach them to pick on his Lena!

Which one is the leader/drunk? I can't tell based on tokens/color. Moving into contact with nearest vamps, but if I can get to the leader and attack, that's what I'd prefer.

swift to cast divine power on self, move, attack

attack, pa, dp,bane,haste: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 30
damage,pa,dp,bane: 1d10 + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + (4, 4) = 29
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


.

To help clear up confusion, I've finally got some numbers and I'll start numbering NPCs.

The leader is to the WEST not the south. The vampire thugs are all to the south ambushing Evgenya's clone.

And fire worked on him fine.

Displacement: 1d100 ⇒ 85

Lena sees some random guy she's never met before. He seems to know her and his voice is familiar. But she shoots him anyways, and Wren follows up with a magic missile of her own! Adder's thunderous blows take down one of the vampires attacking the group before he moves to attack the next.

Wielding Raven's head, Whiskeyjack thunders into melee with the drunk and the ancient artifact connects brutally despite his protective magics, staggering him. He stares in rage and anger at the dwarf before he snarls, point up at Lena.

"Come back to my service, little one."

Lena's Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Lena feels an incredibly powerful presence attack her mind, and she suddenly blanks, completely losing her self-control.

Round Three:

(PARTY HASTED)
Lena
Whiskeyjack
Wren
Adder
---
5 Drunk (-64)
---
Elena
Bronin
----
1 Vampire (-12) (misfortune)
2 Vampire
4 vampire

Lena is dominated! Elena and Bronin are up!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin has both swords out. His natural training, and the training garnered from years of monster fighting. Plus he was magically moving fast. Another exercise he was used to and trained in. His training was totally different than the precision attacks he witnessed from Adder. That training went for organs. His training focused on the tenant of assaulting an opponent with many strikes.
Basic military training. The Four F’s. Find. Fireball. Flank. Finish. Get them guys!

Bronin swings upon his foe. Looking to turn it to dust in seconds.
Green #2.

Mad Mardigan style attacking:

LS attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 Attack 1
LS damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 Damage attack 1
LS attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 Attack 2
LS damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Damage attack 2
LS attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 Attack 3
LS damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 Damage attack 3
LS attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Attack 4
LS damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Damage attack 4

SS attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 Attack 1
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Attack 1
SS attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 Attack 2
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 Attack 2
SS attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Attack 3
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Attack 3

Damage for two weapon Rend: Rend: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Possible crit on long sword attack 2.
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 Attack 2
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 Damage attack 2

If Bronin cuts down Green #2, he takes a 5 foot step to the spot it used to occupy.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena goes glassy-eyed and her hands drop from their casting position. She smiles strangely.
that sounds like a great idea she says dreamily. She stands still, awaiting instruction.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena's gaze continues to unnerve the lesser vampires as she keeps focused on the group to the south.

Misfortune on Green and Yellow using split hex. DC 22 Will save

She hears Whiskeyjack fighting just behind her. "Potpie! Get outta there." The chicken's head swivels up and around as the chicken completely ignores her. Plucking at rocks and leaves in the garden.

Status:

HP 82/82
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Mage Armor
2nd: Merge with Familiar
3rd:
4th: Black Tentacles
5th:
6th: Hellfire Ray
Wands: Mage Armor (49/50); CLW (38/50)
PotPie
HP 63/63
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- not active)
Effects: None
Battleform 3/3


.

GM Rolls:

Wills: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 221d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 261d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Black Tentacles: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 181d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Bronin's sword turn into a mesmerizing play of steel with a vampire withering under Elena's gaze before she is cut down by the ranger.

The drunk, although badly wounded by Whiskeyjack, shouts over to Lena. "Contain your companions to the south! Use your most powerful magic to keep them from me! Then come to my side. This dwarf is mine."

To the south, the vampire with the steak prepared lunges out at Evgenya's clone, staking her clearly through the heart. The double lets out a hideous scream and collapses, dead. In doing so, she reverts to her original form.

"She's a fake!"

The other remaining vampire engages in swordplay with Bronin, scoring a couple of hits.

Lena, still glassy-eyed, starts weaving her hands together. As she does so, black tentacles sprout from the ground, attacking Bronin and Adder!

Round Four:

(PARTY HASTED)
Lena (dominated)
---
Whiskeyjack
Wren
Adder
---
5 Drunk (-64)
---
Elena
Bronin (-25)
----
1 Vampire (-12)
2 Vampire (misfortune)
4 vampire

Bronin takes 30 damage and is grappled! Lena remains dominated and under my control. Wren, Adder, and Whiskeyjack are up![/ooc]

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena giggles
that was fun. What next


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"Give. Me. Back. Me. Lena!

Under the effects of his spell and Wren's, Whiskeyjackk pummeled the snot (and blood, and bile, and any other bodily fluids the drunk had within him) out of his opponent. He saw red, and that was fine with him. It was the color of his hair, after all.

haste attack,pa,dp, bane,haste: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 29
damage,pa,dp,bane: 1d10 + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + (6, 5) = 33
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

primary attack,pa,dp, bane,haste: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 22
damage,pa,dp,bane: 1d10 + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + (6, 2) = 35
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

secondary attack,pa,dp, bane,haste: 1d20 + 8 - 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 19
damage,pa,dp,bane: 1d10 + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + (2, 4) = 24
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


.

Whiskeyjack just starts letting the drunk have it, but beyond his first hit, he quickly discovers that his opponent is an extremely able combatant, dodging, blocking, and parrying all of the attacks!

Wren and Adder are up!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

spiderbeard, remember that black tentacles is a duration spell, attacking anyone in its area, which is pretty big. And they go up a ways. The tentacles are large, so 10 to 15 feet up.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

I believe a dominated creature would get a re-save if asked to do something against their nature. Of course, knowing Lena...

Round 3

Wren moves to deal with Lena, and, more importantly with the creature who controls her.

She moves up and begins to whittle down the controlling vampire (#5?).

”cawCAW!”

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 4, 3) + 5 = 21 force damage
18/50 charges left.

Haste: Round 3/11: +1 to attacks, +1 AC/ref, yadayadayada, get a move on!

Wren Combat:

HP: 61/61
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +5 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
18/50 charges left.


.

Yep, dumb GM forgot that.

LEna's Will Save: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33

Okay retcon - Lena DOES NOT black tentacles the group, and she now has an action! Which means Adder is not grappled any more.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

OK, retconn
You sneaky *^&%^$

Lena steps back and fireballs him. Empowered.

empowered fireball: 10d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 1, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6) + 1 = 40 x1.5=60 damage
reflex DC 20 for half


.

Controlling vampire is #5 yes.

GM Rolls:

Reflex: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

Lena, now THOROUGHLY pissed off, lets him have it with her favorite flavour of barbecue. He hits the ground, avoiding the worst of the damage, but is still very badly injured. Wren's magic missile doesn't help matters either.

Round Four con't:

(PARTY HASTED)
Lena (dominated)
---
Whiskeyjack
Wren
Adder
---
5 Drunk (-115)
---
Elena
Bronin (-25)
----
1 Vampire (-12)
2 Vampire (misfortune)
4 vampire

Adder still has an action!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

I am unstoppable. You have messed with the wrong target. While you have killed your mark. It's a loss we don't mind as much.


.

Okay GMPC Adder

GM Rolls:

Adder attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 301d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 321d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 181d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 4) + 21 = 282d4 + 21 ⇒ (1, 3) + 21 = 252d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 2) + 21 = 262d4 + 21 ⇒ (4, 2) + 21 = 27

Swearing loudly as he is blasted, the drunk shouts at Lena. "USING YOUR FIRE ON ME AGAIN EH? I'LL SEE YOU WHEN YOU WON'T BE SO WELL-PREPARED!"

And with that he dissolves into smoke in front of Whiskeyjack! The gaseous vampire then floats westwards before seeping into the cracks of the window in a building.

Round Five:

(PARTY HASTED)
Lena
---
Whiskeyjack
Wren
Adder
---
5 Drunk (-110)
---
Elena
Bronin (-25)
----
1 Vampire (-67)
4 vampire

Elena and Bronin are up!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Not so fast, tick!
Lena casts an empowered scorching Ray at the window, seeking to immolate the vampire.

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

scorching ray 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

damage 1: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 4) + 1 = 11

damage 2: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 2) + 1 = 14

damage 3: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 4) + 1 = 14

After (hopefully blowing the window apart] Lena yells

WREN, FIREBALL THROUGH THE WINDOW! QUICKLY, BEFORE HE GETS AWAY!

Then to herself she says. I am a sorcerer. I'm always prepared


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena circles around the garden watching as her companions fight for their lives. "Bronin watch out!" She screams as an unseen dark energy leaps from her to the vampires.

Misfortune on Blue and Yellow using split hex Attempting a second try using Accursed Hex. DC 22 Will save.

Player Status:

HP 82/82
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Mage Armor
2nd: Merge with Familiar
3rd:
4th: Black Tentacles
5th:
6th: Hellfire Ray
Wands: Mage Armor (49/50); CLW (38/50)

PotPie
HP 63/63
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- not active)
Effects: None
Battleform 3/3


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

You have followed the wrong leader spawn of the damned! For this style of fighting, I am at my best. Your demise beyond the shadow of a doubt.

and Bronin whips his swords around in a flash of speed only rivaled by a blade barrier.

attack rolls:

LS Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 Attack 1
damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 Damage attack 1

LS Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32 Attack 2
damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 Damage attack 2

LS Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 Attack 3
damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Damage attack 3

LS Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Attack 4
damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Damage attack 4

SS Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 Attack 1
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Damage attack 1

SS Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 Attack 2
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 Damage attack 2

SS Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 Attack 3
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Damage attack 3

and
Rend damage. Rend: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

possible crit of the nat 19 Long Sword attack #3.
LS Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Attack 3
damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 Damage attack 3


The swords strike the creatures flesh four, maybe five times with solid blows.
roughly 81 points of damage for 4 hits, 97 for 5 hits. take THAT Blade barrier!
And he advances 5 feet towards the next victim. Stepping on the re-corpse of #1.

Elena wrote:
Bronin Watch out!

Thank you for the warning fair maiden! I will be on my toes and ready to destroy these illfated creatures and their leader.

@ Lena . Your hex is invisibile/unseen right? I only ask because this is the first time since adventuring together that you have done your magic in Bronin's line of sight. Probably nothing to worry about as he's dense and knows nothing about witchcraft or it's effects.


.

Sorry guys, post tomorrow.


.

OKay so Lena jumped teh gun a bit but the vampires below won't change her action much.

GM Rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 76

One of the vampires is hampered by Elena's hex while the other resists it, again. Moot point as he's quickly slashed down by Bronin - Bronin moves on and attacks the second vampire a bit as well.

With three of his companions on the ground and the leader having gone gaseous, the last vampire also poofs into a gaseous form and begins bobbing through the park on his way to the nearest exit.

Lena then blasts scorching rays after the retreating gas cloud. The first blasts right through the window. The second is a hailmary, as likely to miss as it is to hit...

And it connects! She nails the vampire with the ray, blasting apart the gaseous cloud. You hear shouts from within the building which appears to be a residence of some kind, but presumably there's a body in there.

End of Combat

The three bodies of the vampires you've slain are already twitching as they start to heal themselves.

Combat is over... for now. Youv'e got three vampires self-healing, a fourth floating away, and the leader in the window of what looks like some kind of city administrative building across the park.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Uhm...gaseous form has a move/fly speed of 20’. How did it get away so quickly? How did the leader get away so quickly?

Wren looks for foes, trying to figure out what happened.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*
Wren the FeatherMage wrote:

Uhm...gaseous form has a move/fly speed of 20’. How did it get away so quickly? How did the leader get away so quickly?

Wren looks for foes, trying to figure out what happened.

The apartment had a window unit AC, and it was on. Strong winds are in effect?


.

SOrry probably didn't explain well. He went 20' west exactly and last known location is on the map. Lena blasted the window, and then him. He is presumably in the nearby building unconscious below the window.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Ah, don't worry about the fireball, I got him.

Lena runs over to the building to finish the leader. After looking at him to work out if she knows him, and strip him of gear.

Casting detect magic


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren moves over to the window with Lena, letting her to the dirtiest work and readying aid if necessary.

"That guy didn't like you much, did he? You and I are little alike, everyone loves me," Wren coos proudly (but maybe not correctly).


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Perfect plan. Perfect execution. Perfect results. Is everyone okay? Anyone injured?

Bronin looks at the staked and dusted "Bait" vampire. He smiles because it really did work out. A blood sucker dead and they don't get blamed for it.
Bronin looks at the stakes that Vampire #4 brought with him/her. He checks them for similarities to being furniture legs. He uses a stake to all the felled vamps.

He then sees FieryLena go towards the buildings.
Someone cover Lena. We don't want her getting ambushed.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder assists Bronin in staking and beheading the fallen vampires.

"I am well, that plan was good."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena yells back Cover yourself, Bronin. What was with that making a speech in the middle of a fight?


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

@Bronin- Elena's Hex's are considered supernatural and mostly unseen.

Elena averts her eyes as they begin staking the vampires. "Should we keep one alive to take back to Luvick to be questioned or do you think this was all of them?"


.

Lena rushes over to the side of the window. She looks in to see an office with a few smouldering papers, and the body of her former "master", Radvir Giovanni on the floor.

Bronin takes a look over the stakes the vampires are carrying and indeed they do match furniture legs. He stakes the three vampires. One floated away as a gaseous cloud, but all in all not a bad day's work.

You can climb into the office or... well just lemm eknow what you're doing next.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"Dinnae be stakin' all o 'em. We be needin' a' leas' one o' them alive t' be answerin' fer all this. Mebbe this one here. 'E dinnae look like 'e be much trouble. Bind 'im an' be makin' sure 'e' knows when 'e comes to tha' 'e ken be answerin' questions fer us, or we ken be roastin' 'im alive like we did 'is Master."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

my old boss. Not himself important now. Let us see if you are really dead.
Lena firebolts the body
damage if needed: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

She waits to see if anything happens. She pulls out her holy symbol (desna) and enters the office.
Whiskeyjack, can you come over here?


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren aids in staking the bodies and making sure Lena’s former owner is dead-dead-dead, even helping to chop off the head and stuff it with holy wafer then leave it in the sun inside a pail of holy water, whatever it takes.

She also loots the bodies (with Detect Magic). When that is done...she’s ready for bed. She yawns loudly and stretches her bright feathery arms out.

”Should we call it a night? We should call it a night, right? It’s early.” Go back to the hotel and rest?


.

That 'make sure he's dead' firebolt functions also as a 'stop him from coming back from the dead and mind controlling you' firebolt so good job!

Lena blasts the body with a firebolt, which jolts and lies still just as he's starting to coming to. With Wren understanding that vampires are absolute bastards to kill, she gets the others to cut off his head, stake him, and generally go through the steps required to make sure vampires stay dead.

With his body out of the building, you search him for goodies and find the following.

- four doses of that addictive vampire elixir
- 2 potions of cat's grace
- 2 potions of displacement
- 2 potions of haste
- a wand of halt undead (11 charges)
- a +1 mithral chain shirt
- a +1 conductive bladed scarf
- 9 wooden stakes that all look like furniture legs
- a hat of disguise
- a ring of protection +1
- around 2,000 gp worth of various jewelry
- 947 gp

On the bodies of the other vampires:

- 3 potions of inflict moderate wounds
- 6 screaming bolts
- 3 doses silversheen
- 30 silver bolts
- 3 tanglefoot bags
- 3 +1 longswords
- 3 cloaks of resistance +1
- an additional 634 gold

Lemme know where you're going. Hotel for a comfy pillow? Taking the bodies back to the vampires underground?

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

jobs Not done yet. Let's deliver these bodies to the vamps, then get a good nap.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16
Wren wrote:
”Should we call it a night? We should call it a night, right? It’s early.” /

Elena's eyes are wide. "You guys can sleep after that!?" She helps grab one of the vampire's by the legs and begins to carry it. "Better...ugh...get them down there before the sun comes...ugh...he is heavy....before the sun comes up." She drops the bottom hard on the ground. "Sorry." She apologizes to the corpse. The exertion on her body will definitely help her sleep good tonight.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage
Elena Nethermore wrote:
"You guys can sleep after that!?"

Wren yawns, again stretching her feathers out. This might emphasize her point, but it is not intentional.

She helps identify and sort the loot, mentally calculating the values.

”Yes, resting and then a nice trip to the market would be nice.”

She is absolutely useless in helping carry the bodies back and instead regales the party with her mindless chattering as others work and strain.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder shrugs at Elena's amazement.

"All in days work yes?"

He helps haul bodies.


.

Man, bomb some perception checks and you skip a section of this chapter, lol.

With Radvir staked and decapitated, you reunite with Quinley who had been watching for reinforcements through the sewer. He viciously kicks Radvir, swearing at the vampire for the death of his mother before he helps you with the bodies. You all head back down into the sewers. You are all exhausted wrecks by the time you make it back to the underground, and the response is... intense.

The body of the master tailor with a stake sticking out of him is enough to raise the alarm immediately and it takes Evgenya's quick intervention to prevent you from being mobbed by the undead. You are escorted by dozens of vampires to Luvick's throne room, where the bodies are deposited in an unceremonious heap. Once the extent of the ruse is explained, Luvick shakes his head at the body before calling for some chains. Green-glowing chains are brought into the room and then wrapped around Radvir's body. Luvick then yanks the stake free.

"He will be raised into the sun and annihilated. His co-conspirators will be found and destroyed. This elixir he has been spreading around is clearly the cause of the strange behaviour in our spawn. The question is.. why."

Luvick turns to the rest of you. "I keep my deals. The Whispering Way were last known heading for the Abbey of Sante-Lymirin. I do not know why. However, I will entreat an additional exchange from you. It is dawn on the surface soon and we must remain underground, but I want answers now. Travel to the Nobleman's Stitch, Luvick's tailor shop. He was a wealthy and powerful. Everything within it is yours, however take Quinley and discover the full story of his treachery. Why was he murdering us? What is the purpose of this drug he has given to our spawn? Let Quinley know what you discover, and he can deliver us to us. It is best you leave the Underground after this."

Basically you have a choice here, you can hit up Radvir's shop and loot the joint, or push on to the next plot point.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

I'm all for looting the joint THEN moving on ;)

"Aye, we ken be doin' tha'. 'S basically jest th' extension o' wha' we agreed on, an' I be curious t' know th' reasoning behind i' as well. 'Sindes, th' way things've been goin' th' last few months, i's likely th' Way had sommat t' do wit' this as well."

"Dinnae be thinkin' this makes us any more kindly t' yer folk. I' jest be business, an' business I be hatin' th' taste of. Be ye found huntin' where we be in th' future, I be stakin' ye as fast as we done fer Radvir there. Jest so's we be clear."

Once their business with the vampires had concluded, Whiskeyjack let Quinley lead them to the Nobleman's Stich.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

yes, let's finish this.
Lena feels in a good place right now. Burning some vampires could be good.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

When it comes time to loot the shop, Wren takes her time and uses her ravenlike eyes to look for shiny things of interest.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 Perception (w/detect magic)


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder will help loot the shop.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28


.

Having had enough fo this weird, weird night you leave the vampires behind with Quinley in tow. There's a shop to loot before you get some very well-deserved rest and head on for this Abbey, wherever it may be. You leave to the sounds of hissing and cheering and other appropriate vampire noises.

---

Lena is the first to realize that the Nobleman's Stitch, Radvir's tailor shop is not a simple storefront but a relatively large location. The fact that Radvir clearly had co-conspirators who have not all been identified is another issue.

The sun is out and shining and it is now early morning by the time you miserably make your way to the tailor shop. The Nobleman's Stitch takes up an entire city block in the city's artisan district. You also notice a furniture shop across the way. It is a grand, old-fashioned wooden building. Lena vaguely recalls what the interior looked like. You arrive outside the front doors of the building. A "CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" sign has been placed over the door, and it is locked.

Lena knows there is a partial upstairs and substantive basement. Most of the main floor of the shop is open with few rooms for things to hide in.

Map is updated, although there are no map spoilers because Lena is familiar with the joint. Lemme know how you're proceeding.

Note that the game does not specify there's fatigue from lack of sleep so I'm just saying our tough heroes are pulling an all-nighter and aren't going crazy from lack of sleep. Yet.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren yawns, thinking that they should rest before preceding on.

She doesn’t have much to offer, peeps.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena pulls at her soiled apron and tavern wench outfit. It is stained with food and booze from her last shift but also soiled from sewer muck and blood from all she has been through since. "You said he was a tailor?" She asks with a smile, hoping that there might be a new outfit for her inside.

Her eyes sag and are puffy from the lack of sleep and she wasn't thinking straight. "This will be here in the morning right?" Though if everyone wishes to push into the tailor's shop she will as well. Walking towards the door she pushes it open. The door jams locked as it only moves a short bit, stopping Elena in her tracks.

Assuming we weren't giving a key?


.

I see two votes for rest so I'll just push it out. Let me know if you intend to approach in the day or night as there will be hours of daylight left by the time you've rested.

Realizing that there's no rush, you make your way to the nearest hotel to collapse into some sleep. Quinley is just as pleased to get some rest.

After eight hours of rest and some food, you are all feeling far, far better and ready to take on your opponent.

And yes, Radvir did have a key on him.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

After a good sleep, Lena gets up, washes and eats breakfast (lunch?). Casting mage armour on herself, then she and the rest of the party proceed to the tailors shop. On the way she explains the lay out of the shop as she remembers it.

She also listens out for news of last night.

On arrival she casts shield on herself, and unlocks the door.

be cautious. I would say that no one is here, but there could be traps and such. And someone could be here.

She looks up at the sun.

the basement is extended. Someone could be sleeping.

7,801 to 7,850 of 8,312 << first < prev | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.