GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


7,751 to 7,800 of 8,312 << first < prev | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | next > last >>

.

Bronin feels his blade knocked aside as he attacks his target, meanwhile Lena and Whiskeyjack quickly cast protective spells.

Confronted with melee combatants and an invisible wall they can't see, the vampires quickly give up on fireballs and instead cast spells on themselves which Wren tries to make out.

Wren's Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36

Vampiric touch spells. It'd be ironic if you didn't know what irony meant.

Everyone is up!


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack roared a challenge, filling himself with the power of the dwarven war god, then rushed in to lay the righteous smackdown of Angradd on the nearest vampire.

swift fervor to cast df, then charge the vamp to the left

SS +2 is up on Adder

attack,bless,df,bane,pa,charge: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 21
damage,df,bane,pa: 1d10 + 6 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 + 2 + (6, 5) + 6 = 38
intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 1

Wren doesn't have much to those who are complaining about how she just saved all their lives, but does try to help the party not die again.

"What out for those vampires...they suck..." Wren alerts to the magics she recognizes. She moves to where she can see the vamps and casts Glitterdust, which will unfortunately get Bronin, but Wren is sure Bronin won't mind. She is *so* sure of it.

Glitterdust on the vamps and Bronin, DC 21 Will + sparkles.

Wren Combat:

HP: 61/61
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +5 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
20/50 charges left.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 DC 21
Bronin recoils as the blasted vampires dose him in something that sparkles and gets in his eyes.
AGGHH. Blasted gnome Vampires! I'm beginning to sound like a one song bard!

Bronin goes fully defensive. Switching defender to Plus 2 on AC.
Status: Blinded.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena steps back, out of the way as she shields herself from harm behind Lena. "Where did they come from? I thought there was only one killer"

Cast Mage Armor.

Status:

HP 82/82
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Mage Armor
2nd: Merge with Familiar
3rd:
4th: Black Tentacles
5th:
6th: Hellfire Ray
Wands: Mage Armor (49/50); CLW (38/50)
PotPie
HP 63/63
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- not active)
Effects: None
Battleform 3/3


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 89/103
AC20 T12 FF19
CMD 27
Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +7; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +3 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +3d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action)
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target: Red Vampire
Active: Studied target

Adder studies the newly revealed vampires and hacks at them with his sword.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (2, 1) + 21 = 24

Attack #2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (1, 2) + 21 = 24

Attack #3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (1, 2) + 21 = 24

Attack #3 Confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 4) + 21 = 28

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Elena, you haven't already cast mage armour! Be more careful
Lena shields her eyes against the blast of glittering light as she moves forward, picking a target and frying it. the red target The blasts sizzle the air as they fly past the half-orc slayer at the vampire.

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

scorching ray 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

damage 1: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 4) + 2 = 21

damage 2: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6, 1, 5) + 2 = 20

damage 3: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 3) + 2 = 18


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

"I wasn't expecting a bunch of killers!"

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

we are dealing with the living dead! Vampires! They're all killers! Lena replied.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin is blinded by the glitter. He hears yelling behind him, but it doesn't make sense. The vampires must have given him a mind-whammy too.
VladLena's screaming for the bar maid to cast spells. The pretty maiden isn't some kind of mage. Why do they banter so?

Bronin Shakes his head, trying to clear his vision and his mind.
Protect the Maiden and Potpie! Stay behind Wren's magical wall. I hear Adder slicing up these undead spawn!


.

GM Rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

The vampires shut their eyes in time for the glitterdust but are revealed in all their sparkly glory. Adder's eyes light up as he spots his target and his sword starts schwicking through the air, cutting down the vampire in a matter of seconds. Lena's scorching rays fly in on the remaining one, burning her badly. Whiskeyjack's hammer then lands home, and Raven's Head destroys another undead as the vampire collapses. Thanks to some very quick thinking on Wren's part the fight is over almost instantly.

End of Combat

The two vampires are not known to you, and you quickly go through their bodies. You find the following on them:

- a vial of blood-red liquid
- 2 cloaks of resistance +2
- 2 headbands of alluring charisma +2
- 2 rings of protection +2

Spellcraft DC 18:

The vial radiates necromancy and smells strongly of fresh blood, iron, and scarberries. You have never seen something quite like this before. This elixir appears to grant an aid spell to its recipient, but more importantly has a effect on enslaved vampires - granting them free will for an hour. It also appears to be very addictive.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin would love some of this equipment, but also heard that this adventure has been very light on magic drops. Please tell me what's available as I think each of the items could be useful, but don't want to hoard.

When Bronin's eyes clear up, and his mind becomes uncluttered, he stares at the bodies on the ground.

They seemed reasonably well equipped. Too bad they underestimated their quarry. What should wee do to permanently turn them to dust?


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren preens her feathers and her feathered armor from behind her life-saving wall while others finish off the vampires, hopefully track where they might be gassing off to recover and regenerate.

She floats over to examine the magics, offering her opinions on the items.

"These sparkly vampires remind me of when I was much much younger...blahblahblah...living in a small town...blahblahblah...gang of werewolves...blahblahblah...40 shades of pink...blahblahblah...had to decide on Edwort or Jike...blahblahblah...eventually had them...blahblahblah...not once, but many times...blahblahblah...finally kilt each other in a game of kickball. That was a good summer. Really good year for squash."

Wren will take a ring of protection +2 or a cloak +2, but they might be better on the front line folks.

Wren's at about 33k of 82k WBL. Not sure where the rest of youse are, but still happy to share the loot for effectiveness.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

33k as well

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Elena picks up a vial of blood red liquid. "Had a girl in town that wore something like this once. Angelina Jolie I think her name was. Though this is a bit different." Elena smells the liquid. "Smells foul." She crinkles her nose. "And it seems to give these enslaved vampires free will."


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder showed up and got a 24k helm, so he's good for a while.

The half-orc slayer shakes the vampire blood off his sword, smiling.

"Good thinking Baba Wren."


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"Pah! Be takin' wha' ye want o' their loot, an' then be hackin' their heads off, jest t' be sure."

Whiskeyjack thought that over for a moment.

"Mebbe do tha' th' other way 'round."

He heard Elena's words and spat on the ground.

"Aye, anythin' givin' enslaved vamps free will's bound t' be addictin'. Ken ye be imaginin' th' constant pull on yer soul o' th' master vampire wantin' t' know wha' ye're doin' all the time? Enough t' drive a man t' drink."

That reminded the dwarf, and he pulled out his flask and took a hearty swig, swished the mostly empty flask around for a second, then chanted a quick cantrip to refill it. He offered the now-full flask to the others for a sip of their own.

Whiskeyjack has the highest AC in the group, and the cloak is only a +1 improvement over what he has. If someone else can make use of the things, they are welcome to them> Besides, he has that loverly undead-bane warhammer


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin is at a hefty 41K in gear - especially when compared to Wren and others. With that said, he really could use the ring of Resistance and the headband. given the situation, he'll just take the headband. But if others have weaker rings to swap to him, he has a ring slot.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena has the above, so don't worry about her


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren takes a ring of protection +2, placing it on her finger with a s mile.

Wren looks around.

"What was that all about? Why did they attack us?" Wren asks, not really sure unless it was something Bronin said or did. "Even with free will, seems like a strange desire. Free will or not, why do this at all?" Wren goes over to examine the vial that Elena so well identified.

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35 Spellcraft

"This stuff seems pretty addictive. Might be that they are addicted to freedom and killing us was part of getting this supply. Might be that we need to switch our search to the maker and distributor of this foul elixir."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Well, I say "screw them". We knew we'd get some back stabbers down here. But, Wren does bring up a vexing question of Why?
As a leader, I've always tackled problems by finding out the opposing parties *motivations*.
What were the motivations for those two decapitated dust piles.

And Bronin goes about making certain they are decapitated. Putting a permanent end to them.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

They're Vampires. They were hungry. No other reason is needed. Lena shrugs.
Let's move on


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren listens keenly Bronin's thoughts about motivations.

"Maybe they were captivated by my beauty and wanted to meet, but felt scorned because I have so many wonderful friends already," Wren suggests an obvious (oblivious?) answer.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

I think you are right Wren. It's tough being a celebrity. Adoring fans can turn to jilted lovers in the blink of an eye.
Bronin agrees with Wren on her observation. Just to end her logic right then and there.

He pauses and thinks. Then takes credit for the insight that Wren gave as his own. I have been thinking, with this vial of blood we should track down it's origins.
We also have a potions expert that has no choice but to help us- not a hundred yards from us.

The night is long, we can afford to have the vampire hunter wait an extra 10 minutes while we take a boomerang trip back to the Pump room to talk with Ramoka again.

Onward companions! Follow me back to the Pump Room!

Bronin goes to the Pump room and shows Ramoka the blood vial. Looking for hints on who the maker or product source could be. Maybe get where the ingredient "Scarberries" can be acquired.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren shrugs and follows Bronin back to the Pump Room.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena scurries behind, certainly not wanting to be left behind for a second ambush. Potpie rolls out of the folds of her dress and apron. He hits the cobblestone with a squawk and rolls to his clawed feet before hobbling behind. Elena hears the sound and clucks at him. Come on..." She says with clenched teeth.

"Uhm...we did talk to a lot of people about meeting at the park. Maybe they knew and were there because of that." She says with likely naivety.


.

I'm here! Also you only talked about the park idea to Evgenya and her thralls.

You eventually make your way back up to the park. You're exhausted but - whatever - you're big strong adventurers and an all-nighter hasn't killed anyone. Has it? A discussion for another day.

It is probably a couple of hours past midnight at this point. Who knows? It's dark. Extremely dark. The Ustalavian lanterns just add a little bit of ambience but sight of any kind of pretty difficult at this point with the exception of Wren. The park itself is large and may afford several hiding places. Lady Evgenya's double was to hang back a half an hour or so before arriving at the park ready to hunt and hopefully be hunted. Quinley, who has been with you this entire time really, starts explaining the area from the storm drains before you climb up through the grates you broke, his voice almost lost beneath the roar of the waters beneath the city.

"This is a favorite hunting ground. With Merrick as caretaker it's always been the domain of vampires, and near enough to the night district that a few foolish mortals stagger by on their way home - easy prey for one on the hunt. So much so that the powerful vampires tend to claim it as their own keeping the lessers away. For now, we should hide ourselves away. When Evgenya is attacked, we should be ready. I recommend staying near the street."

Map is updated with restoration park and nearby street. Where do you want to be?

- A memorial to Sesasgia Caliphvaso, the countess who refounded the city after the fall of the Whispering Tyrant
- Near the street or even in the houses on the other side of thes treet
- A trio of druidic standing stones
- A reflecting pool lined with tall columns
- A massive statue of Soivida Ustav, the founder of Ustalav
- A small, but quite lovely pool
- Merrick's now thoroughly trashed greenhouse


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

I suggest we set up near the standing stones. Anyone else offer suggestions? Since there's many of us, we need to use our environment to hide our bodies.

Bronin is very good at stealth and survival, so if I need to, I'll help with hiding people. GM, please advise how you want me to handle that.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena thinks for a second.
Not a bad idea. Why don't you, Elena and Wren set up there, and the rest of us cover the street. After all, we need to cover all bases. We are close enough so if something happens, the other group can help quickly, but we need to watch as much as we can see.
She gestures.
Lots of brush and trees to hide in around here.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder nods and moves to the street. He stands off to the side in an attempt to be sneaky.

Back from Chicago, off to London. Will do my best to continue posting.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Is there a nice clumpy batch of trees around? Wren might want to perch silently there. If not, she will be with the party.

Wren will cast Prying Eyes and send 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 floating eyes around the park. They will be instructed to return to Wren when they see any vampires or suspicious sorts around. She will send out 8 in the first wave, and keep 6 in reserve for later.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Great spell use. Bravo Wren.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena watches as the eye begin floating around the park. A part of her is turned off by them as it is icky and another part finds them absolutely fascinating as she had only seen it once before. She waits outside the entrance while Bronin goes below to speak with Ramoka in the Pump Room. "I'll stay out here with Wren. Make sure it is safe."


.

I missed Bronin's desire to talk with Ramoska. I'll resolve that quickly.

You double back to get Ramoska to review the strange concoction. He is fascinated by it, chanting a few spells before spilling out a drop to taste it.

"This is... quite different from my work, I will say that at least. It smells of scarberries, because it literally contains them. They are a common ingredient in herblore and folk magic as they can be used to stabilize powerful ingredients that may not work well together otherwise. However the constituent agent is blood but the blood of the undead. Not a vampire but I cannot place more."

He passes it back over. "This is not something common, easy to make, or even known to me. It is clearly a drug, granting free will which is something that must be intoxicating to a vampire. We nosferatu do not have such hierarchies. Do let me know what else you find out."

---

Back up on the surface, you hide yourselves nearer the street among the trees or in the stones. Wren finds a nice bushy tree to perch in while her eye floats around.

After around a half hour of waiting, the only thing you see is a lone drunk staggering down the street. However, behind you, you see Evengya's clone materialize into the air, and begin stalking through the shadows as she to spies the drunk.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin clutches at both swords in his hands. Reworking the grip he has on them. Flexing the fingers and tensing up for an upcoming fight.
He does his best to just use his eyes to look around and spy the full scene. Keeping his head still, and his body still as he likes the spot he's selected for his ambush. Only his moving fingers gives away his position.
He's looking for his quarry. He thinks it's the lone drunk.

stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 Stealth.

Bronin gave the least stealthy looking person an elixir of hiding +10 to hiding for 1 hour. That's probably Elena or Whiskey. He has TWO such potions and will easily use both. @Gm. Can I use a Survival Skill check to give the less stealthies another aid bonus?
Lastly- If we get a surprise round, I am readying an action to use "quarry" ability.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack sits as still as possible. In his armor, the dwarf knows that when he moves he sounds like an armory on the run. His best bet at stealth is to simply pretend to be a rock. Still, a dwarf had to drink didn't he? And stakeouts were boring.

perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
stealth: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (20) - 5 = 15 Plus any situaltional or magic bonuses


.

@Bronin - sure on survival. You guys have substantial time to hide yourself.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren will relay what the eye hath revealed to Elena, snuggling close for warmth with PotPie.

"We'll see what happens here," Wren notes. "Elena, want to send someone to watch more closely?"

Wren will let everyone know about the situation, then send out another eye.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Survival assistance:
survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 Whiskeyjack
survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 VestalLena
survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 Fiery Lena
survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 Adder
survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 Wren

I am going to give my hiding elixir to Whiskey so his stealth is a +10.
I am also giving one to ElenaNethermore. Her stealth will be a +10.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena looks startled. "Send someone? Like who?" She points to herself. "Uhm, I guess I can go out there to see what happens." After all she did look the most common of the group after all in her stained bar maid's outfit. She nervously stands, still completely unaware of her full power and potential. "You all have my back. Right?" She whispers nervously before grabbing ahold of the frills of her outfit, standing and striding down the path slowly, but with a determined course as if she were headed home.

Passing close to the drunk she nods. "Good evening sir." Her plan to quickly round the block and meet back into the Garden.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

lena tries to get sneaky

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


.

GM Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 15 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 10 = 18

Bronin finds a particularly dense clump of trees near the standing stones that aren't too far from the road and takes the time to bring in underbrush and foliage to completely hide the group from the road to set the ambush. Everyone hunkers down while Wren floats up to a treetop a little nearer the road.

Evgenya's clone, eyeing the drunk, creeps closer to the road until Elena suddenly steps out and starts walking home innocently.

The drunk's reaction is not quite what one would expect as he does a total double-take as he spots Elena. Glancing around, he seems to miss the rest of the group before he grins.

"You make this too easy. Evgenya only brought one friend? Pitiful. NOW!"

Hissing erupts from the bushes but miraculously it looks like the target is not the rest of the group. "Evgenya" is another story entirely, as four vampires materialize out of the mists around her clone. She lets out a cry of surprise!

The drunk snarls as he stares at Elena. "Your companions have surely fallen to my spawn. Say goodnight."

Initiative:

Evgenya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Drunk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Vampires: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Bronin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Elena: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Adder: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Whiskeyjack: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Lena: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Wren: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

GM Rolls:

Lena
Whiskeyjack
Wren
Adder
---
Drunk
---
Elena
Bronin
----
Vampires
Evgenya

Lena, Whiskeyjack, Wren, and Adder are up! You are undetected as far as you can tell. The map has been updated. "Evegnya" and the four vampires surrounding her are on the south end.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 1

Wren doesn't have much left in her tank, but hopes its enough to handle these vampire thugs. She flies away from Elena and to the party, offering them all a Haste.

"FLY, MY PRETTIES, FLY!" Wren distinctly shouts, totally correctly.

Haste: Round 1/1: +1 to attacks, +1 AC/ref, yadayadayada, get a move on!

Wren Combat:

HP: 61/61
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +5 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
20/50 charges left.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena bursts out of cover, speed magically enhanced. (target red vamp)
Oi, bloodsucker! Catch

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 touch

damage 1: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 5) + 2 = 15

scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 touch

damage 2: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 4) + 2 = 20

scorching ray 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 touch

damage 3: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 1) + 2 = 18

One of the blasts shoots off wildly, the others are more accurate. The errant bolt shoots off into the city.

oops!


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 89/103
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 29
Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +7; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +3 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +3d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action)
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target: Maroon Vampire
Active: Studied target, Haste

Adder uses his new speed to close quickly with the spawn.

"You have made a mistake."

Study the closest three vampires and swing at the maroon one.

Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 3) + 21 = 27
Sneak Attack: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6) = 17


.

GM Rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Lena sets something off in the distance on fire but it probably wasn't that important anyways as Wren swoops overhead, enchanting the group. The drunk blinks as the group bursts from the trees and he snarls in turn. Two of Lena's rays do land on the "drunk" who locks eyes with Lena. He starts laughing.

"Oh I'm going to enjoy this. LENA! YOU DIE TODAY!"

Like a bolt of lightning, Adder streaks towards his targets to attack the four vampires huddled in the south. They all look very startled and one calls out. "This wasn't the plan!" before Adder strikes one of them brutally.

Whiskeyjack simply races across the trees to close the distance with the drunk.

The drunk then produces a wand, and points it towards Evgenya's clone. Her eyes go wide and she abruptly stiffens, completely paralyzed. The unrecognizable drunk grins once more. "Stake her. Then kill the others - get the halfling first."

Round One:

(PARTY HASTED)
Lena
Whiskeyjack
Wren
Adder
---
Drunk (-33)
---
Elena
Bronin
----
Vampires:
Red (-44)
Cyan
Yellow
Green
----
Evgenya (paralyzed)

Elena and Bronin are up!


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena smiles as the battle erupts all around her. Scorching rays arc on either side as her companions back her up. "You're in trouble now!"

Misfortune on Blue and Orange using split hex. DC 22 Will save

Status:

HP 82/82
AC 15 (19 w/ Mage Armor)
Spells:
1st: Mage Armor
2nd: Merge with Familiar
3rd:
4th: Black Tentacles
5th:
6th: Hellfire Ray
Wands: Mage Armor (49/50); CLW (38/50)

PotPie
HP 63/63
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- not active)
Effects: None
Battleform 3/3


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin moves quickly through the park terrain. The haste having kicked up the pace of his feet. In a blur, he closes on a vampire and slashes with his longsword.
Power Attack, plus I have a ranger ability to go through the brush and terrain. plus Favored Enemy.
attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 1 + 4 - 3 = 24 Light Blue Vampire
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 + 6 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
.

Orange vampire is Evgenya, woulda made a token for her but laaaaazy. I'll say you go at light blue vampire since Bronin is after him.

GM Rolls:

Bronin's Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Adder's Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Attack vs Bronin: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 331d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 181d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Second Rolls take lowest: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 171d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 291d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The orange vampire withers a little under Elena's gaze as she scolds the vampire, strange powers moving within her to strike at her foes.

Bronin also joins the melee to the south, slashing out at one of the vampires. Their wounds heal a little as they move to counterattack. One of the vampires produces a stake and steadies itself as it looks over Evgenya. The others turn on Bronin and Adder, their gaze bearing down on the two men. Both of them resist the domination! So the third vampire just decides to clobber Bronin, but the force of Elena's gaze hampers his attacks significantly, and Bronin parries everything.

Round Two:

(PARTY HASTED)
Lena
Whiskeyjack
Wren
Adder
---
Drunk (-33)
---
Elena
Bronin
----
Vampires:
Red (-39)
Cyan (-12) (misfortune)
Yellow
Green

Lena, Whiskeyjack, wren, and Adder are up!


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 89/103
AC21 T13 FF19
CMD 29
Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +7; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +3 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +3d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action)
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target: Maroon Vampire
Active: Studied target, Haste

Adder continues to attack the vampires.

Will start with Maroon and if that one goes down will step on the corpse to get to Green.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (1, 1) + 21 = 23

Attack #2: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 3) + 21 = 27

Attack #3: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (1, 2) + 21 = 24

Attack #4: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 21 ⇒ (2, 4) + 21 = 27

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena looks at the vampire. Do I know you?
perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 did the fire bolts effect him?
She shrugs. Likely no one important

empowered magic missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 4, 4) + 5 = 17 x1.5=25 damage

7,751 to 7,800 of 8,312 << first < prev | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.