GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


7,701 to 7,750 of 8,289 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>

Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren seems about to speak to Radvir, but pauses when she notices the halfling-gawking. She keeps her trap shut for a moment, thinking her private thoughts.

Like my past, seems like Radvir has a bit of a halfling fetish going on. Well, that was a delightful phase. I recall it well. Better let Radvir have this thoughts and not interrupt.

Wren's mind goes into a reverie of past happy memories.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena stares back for a second, and then grins.
so nice to see a familiar face. Hows the family? I have such fond memories of them. Maybe I'll pay them a visit. I can thank them for their "kindness" she winks at the vampire. Got a new shop I see. Want me to torch this one? I promise, it would be...easy.
Her smile fades like frost on a hot plate, her eyes burning as bright as a wildfire, with as much mercy.
really, this is your lucky day. she nearly whispers. I have more important things to be working on.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Anyone who knows Lena, Whiskeyjack certainly, maybe wren (who knows), can see she wants to make this vampire into a cinder.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena looks over at Lena. "Ugh...Why would we want to burn his shop down. We just came to talk to him?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Oh, but Elena, we are acquainted. Last i remember this fine person is when he had me kicked out onto the streets to starve.
She eyes her taller companion.
of course I didn't know he was a vampire, but the family is a bunch of bloodsuckers so little difference.
He eyes snap back to the erstwhile vampire, waiting for his response.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren’s brow furrows as she listens to the usually totally harmless Lena express such hate. Then she stares at the shopkeeper. She is ready ask some very pointed questions or tell a very weird story, hard to tell which. But words might be forthcoming.

She waits a bit longer before opening up her beak.


.

Radvir's eyes narrow and he stalks up to Lean, towering over the little halfling.

"You have the nerve..." He looks to the signet ring being shown to him before shaking his head in disgust. "Bah! I swore I would kill you for the damage you did you filthy street rat. We gave you a job, shelter, and work and you respond with arson. I hunted for you but who can tell one pathetic halfling from another? Now you come here under the protection of Luvick's signet ring. Is this a joke?"

He snarls, bearing his fangs. "But apparently you need something from me, and know full well that to attack me would bring down the entire underground on you and whatever these fools are with you."

Radvir finally manages to calm himself and he smiles pleasantly. "I apologize for my ill manners. I am Radvir Giovanni, retainer to Luvick Siervage and master tailor. This is obviously not my main shop, which is on the surface - I had to build a new one after the last one after your friend burned it down."


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Adder also smiles, his tusks perhaps not so impressive as the vampires fangs but there nonetheless.

"Is nice shop, shame if it burn down too. My friend Lena here has more than just ring, so you be nice and answer her questions, yes?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

It is cute that you think that the threat of all the vampires coming to your aid would persuade me to not fry you. Or that they would care. she smiles
I have enough fire for them all, if needed. But I did say this was your lucky night. I have more pressing desires. We are here to investigate the killings of some of your kind, among others. Be helpful, and we will settle our differences another time.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren trills and coos, enjoying the drama and threats played out before her. She greatly enjoys a good drama and can't wait to get to the marketplace so she can gossip the s$#~ out of this.

"Oh don't you worry, Lena. We'll help you burn this place to a crisp if you need it."


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"Enough! We made th' decision t' work wit' th' vamps an' find th' vamp killer fer now. So, le's be leavin' this discussion fer another date, when I ken be comin' back 'ere wit' ye, Lena, and havin' th' chat ye so desperately want wit' this one. Now, vampire tailor, wha' d' ye think ye be knowin' abou' th' killin's? Yer master wants ye t' be tellin' all ye know or think ye do t' us."


.

Quinley looks absolutely terrified as Lena exchanges threats with Radvir before Whiskeyjack sets things back right.

Radvir ignores Lena and focuses on Whiskeyjack, rifling beneath a counter before producing several scrolls. "I've been making my own inquiries through my tailor shop considering my clientele are all Caliphas' finest. There are four Caliphasi nobles who are implicated in these slayings. The missives were brought to me by an agent of mine. I've been trying to convince Luvick to order the deaths of these nobles but he's too fixated on that nosferatu."

He provides a few paper missives which identify specific vampire elders, their lairs, and some of their hunting behaviours.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena's jaw is just agape as her hands shake in fright. Some of the smooth talking vampires didn't outright frighten here but the sternness and determintaion of Lena's threat shared the s%~~ out of her. She knew from what little she saw of the woman that she would burn this entire shop down along with them all in it if she had to.

She lets out a deep breath, not even realizing that she was holding it in all this time as Whiskeyjack seems to have diffused the dire situation. "Wh..what makes you think these four are in on it? Why would they?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena maintains focus, and says as you say, Whiskeyjack.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

We have your back FieryLena. Should it be needed, but I don't think
anyone would blink in our direction in this shop is blown to bits. Seems to me that the normal things for the other vampires to do - is find devious ways to fill the new void. They'd replace Radvir in a second.

intimidation: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 Trying to either aid Lena or establish my own intimidation.
Seems like this guy has a nice "out" because Whiskeyjack is giving it to him. Part of me hopes he's smart and takes the truce and part of me hopes we get to see what's down the rabbit hole.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren perks up at the mention that nobles might also be involved in the slayings.

”Which nobles are implicated?” Wrens asks, itching for more gossip.


.

Radvir just decides to ignore the open threats and focus instead on what Wren is saying.

"Ramir Dragan, Masha Borowitz, Bauris Wilofskin, and Nikita Dvora.

Knowledge Nobility DC 20:

What's remarkable about these names is they're... fairly unremarkable and not powerful. The Dragans are noted for their gargoyle craft. House Borowitz is a modest noble family with a modest woodworking fortune. House Wilofskin are bankers. House Dvora are noted for their support fo the arts and block parties.


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"All my time in the Inn, never heard of them." Elena shrugs. "Do we have time tonight?"


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

shot in the dark: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2 untrained.
While I am a *Lord* myself, and am intrigued by the politics here, I am not from Ustalav and so only know the social structure of my lands. Tell me more, what influences do they have? Merchantile, military, or black market?

You'd think Bronin would have skill ranks in Nobility... but that would ruin all the character development and roleplaying fun!


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren has no knowledge of the nobility of this land, let alone any other, but is happy to return to the marketplaces to try to ferret the information out of the fish, cheese, and gossip mongers. Maybe in the morning.

She waits for the answers to Bronin's questions, keeping her beak shut for the moment.


.

"Time? You already have plans after being in the underground? And these are lesser nobles, which I found interesting - all of which hail from the Blackwood district. None of them are particularly unsavory types with strange connections I'm aware of but I don't trade in information. Perhaps your lot can investigate these nobles to confirm my evidence as you can go where I cannot. With enough evidence, Luvick is sure to order an attack and we can finally be safe."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

What evidence? All I have heard is accusations. And safety is relative.
Lena looks at the others
I guess we can check out these four names


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Before we leave, who is this "agent of yours"? We need to talk to the source, make certain you aren't getting catfished duped.
If we are going to check on things for you, we need to know we aren't getting played a bad game of poker.


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren chitters and squawks to herself, letting the others continue the interrogation. She preens herself, her mind on her own thoughts.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

"If they are all minor nobles then maybe they are escaping goats? There must be a leader yes?"


.

Radvir rolls his eyes at Lena. "Maybe you're too short to see the desk. These missives." He thrusts one into Lena's hands. "Detailed information on some of the vampires who have been found dead. And my agent has gone to ground but I can try to find him. If I was you I'd be inquiring to the noble houses as soon as possible as I may not be able to him swiftly. He functions as a go-between with some clients and I and he said that there was some concerning news on vampires - he didn't tell me how he got the missives."


.

On you guys. Talk with Radvir more or check out these noble houses or stake out the park. It is currently late at night right now.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena looks at the missives.
any interesting details?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Wren has no further questions, ready to go 'stake' things out or try to find information about the noble houses.

"Squawk! We can go or we can burn down this vamp and his shop," Wren offers to Lena, but mostly would go up to Restoration Park.


.

The missives are biographical information on a few vampires. Name, approximate years of age, some behavioural information, and lair. Each one is signed and affixed with a wax seal of the noble house at the base of the letter.


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"I be wit' th' bird elf on this. Le's be off an' go t' th' park. We ken be comin' back later as needed."


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20
Radvir wrote:
Maybe you're too short to see the desk.

Bronin, while firmly on Lena's side has to give this vampire an internal acknowledgement on a very good insult. Internally only, because CombustibleLena might react badly if Bronin were to give an outward snicker.

So, Bronin clears his throat and Let us head to Restoration Park. We have plans to set into motion.

When they are away from the shop, Bronin speaks to the others.

Adder wrote:


"If they are all minor nobles then maybe they are escaping goats? There must be a leader yes?"

First, can we have magics to prevent us from being heard?

Then, Adder was brilliant in his statement. He's right. Really right. Let's not get involved in the illusion of chasing minor houses. We need to probe deeper to find out which MAJOR House is actually involved.

We also know the following:
#1: Furniture Shop to find similar furniture legs.
#2: What happens EXACTLY when a master vampire dies? Our Ballerina said the slave vampires are acting differently. Anyone got ideas about that? What she said went over my head.
#3: We have advertised that we are going to Restoration Park, what is our battle plan?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

"I don't have anything to keep us quiet." Elena searches through her bag. "Wasn't able to grab a whole lot when I left." Elena looks back at the shop. "We can always go ask what happens when a master dies. As for a battle plan, if the killer shows we catch and unmask him, just like those Mystery Machine plays."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena shrugs and follows the others to the park. Burning can wait.


.

You bid the extremely irritable Radvir adieu and head out into the hallways to talk quietly amongst yourselves.

You're all pretty damn tired at this point, but you're also seasoned adventurers and there's a vampire slayer to catch. Meeting back up with Lady Evgenya, she calls upon one of her spawn from the dancefloor before adjourning to a side room with you.

"Of course I can't put myself at risk... one of my spawn will do nicely, won't you Ayeliana?" The magic twists around the spawn and soon enough a clone of Lady Evgena is before you. She turns to all of you.

"Darlings, I hope this works. You've been most pleasant company and the toast of this salon. If you proceed to the park, Ayeliana here will commence her hunt near the park in the hours before dawn in the hopes we can attract the killer. I will remain hidden and she will lead the dance until such a time."

"Darlings, I will see you at the park!" chirps the not-Lady-Evgenya.

"Don't get saucy," she snaps.

----

Your mission is simple enough - get to Restoration Park and stake the place out. Once Lady Evgenya's clone appears to go on the hunt, watch for an attack on her, and put an end to the attackers.

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 32 ⇒ (11) + 32 = 431d20 + 32 ⇒ (7) + 32 = 39
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 151d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 311d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 141d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 301d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 221d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Initiative:

Attackers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Bronin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Elena: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Adder: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Whiskeyjack: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Lena: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Wren: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (acts in surprise)
Tiebreak: 1d2 ⇒ 2

You're all midway through conversation about the horrible heat death of Golarion that will eventually consume us all when Wren's birdie senses start going off. Although the entire group hears the chanting of a spell, only Wren has a moment to act before it goes off.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

Yep, that's two fireball spells.

Wren's divination senses pay off and she can act in surprise, and wins a tiebreak to go first in the surprise round. She hears two voices chanting a fireball spell down the hallway, but she cannot see anyone. Map is updated!


Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Potpie is about to be cooked!


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round of Surprise

Wren echolocates the sounds of spellcasting, her preternatural senses detecting something almost before it happens.

If she can sense the direction of the casting, she will cast Wall of Force, trying to leave space around the edges for the party to counterattack.

If she can't detect the location of the casting, she will move back 40', out of potential blast effects.

Wren Combat:

HP: 61/61
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +5 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).

”cawCAW!”

[ dice]5d4+5[/dice] force damage
20/50 charges left.


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

Bronin sniffs the air. Is that perfume I smell? Where's that talking coming from?
Is all that Bronin's mind can process. Since he has the bad habit of speaking what he thinks without filtering first, he does get to verbalize a little something before the world goes "boom".


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Seriously Wren, no Sage Advice? Or even Thyme-ly Advice?


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage
Whiskeyjack Dunaldthal wrote:
Seriously Wren, no Sage Advice? Or even Thyme-ly Advice?

Are you talking about how to cook a chicken Potpie? Well, you're going to want two fireballs for that, along with some thyme, you're right about that...

Wren realizes she might have said something, but with the words of arcane power coming out of her lips, she doesn't have the beak-space.


.

GM rolls:

Wren's Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 191d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Fireball: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 6, 1, 6, 4, 1) = 308d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 4, 2, 1, 2, 4) = 22
Reflex 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Reflex 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Although Wren is spooked it's pretty easy to tell where the chanting is coming from - straight ahead. She quickly throws up a wall of force which mostly blocks the passageway. The spellcasters fail to identify her spell, and two fireballs slam straight into the invisible wall. You hear screams of pain as their own spells blow up in their faces!

Surprise Round/Round ONe:

Wren
---
Bad Guy 1 (-37)
Bad Guy 2 (-26)
----
Elena
Adder
Whiskeyjack
Lena
Bronin

Everyone is up! Adder gains an additional surprise round standard action. The map is updated with a blue line for wall of force and question marks for last known location of the baddies who just made a lot of noise.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Status:

HP 89/103
AC20 T12 FF19
CMD 27
Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +7; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +3 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +3d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action)
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target: ?
Active:

Adder moves past the new wall in order to identify and hurt the baddies.

Took surprise move on map, not sure what I'll find at the question marks.


.

The area that the baddies are in has been identified. YOu can take a swipe at them with the 50% miss chance if you so wish.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Barmaid
Stats:
HP 89/89 | AC 15; TCH 14; FF 12 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +8 | Init +9; Perc +16

Elena scream's, grabbing ahold of Potpie as she crouches down, tucking him tightly away in the folds of her blouse. The fireballs explode against the invisible wall of force, scaring the s#*~ out of her.

Cast Merge with familiar.

Player Status:

HP 82/82
AC 15 (Mage Armor +4 10 hours- not active)
Spells:
1st:
2nd: Merge with Familiar
3rd:
4th: Black Tentacles
5th:
6th: Hellfire Ray
Wands: Mage Armor (49/50); CLW (38/50)

PotPie
HP 63/63
AC 20 (Shield Companion +1; Mage Armor +4- not active)
Effects: None
Battleform 3/3


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard)/12 | AC 21 T 13 F 19 | HP 112 | F +12* R +12 W +8* | Init +10 | Perc +21*

Round 1

Status:

HP 89/103
AC20 T12 FF19
CMD 27
Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +7; +1 Luck bonus vs. traps, +3 Ref vs traps
SA: sneak attack +3d6, studied target +3 (3rd, swift action)
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Tactician: 2/2
Target: ?
Active:

Attack#1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (2, 2) + 18 = 22
Miss Chance High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 63

Attack#2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Damage: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (2, 2) + 18 = 22
Miss Chance High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 83

Attack#3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (4, 1) + 18 = 23
Miss Chance High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 79

Attack#2 Confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (1, 3) + 18 = 22


Stats:
AC 20/15/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc22/Dung22/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc23/Na t20/Pln22/Rel22/Ling11/Spell22; Perc +15
Elf FeatherMage

Round 1

Feeling way too pleased with herself, Wren stays where she is (about 10’ up) and casts See Invisibility so that she might point out any invisible attackers to her friends.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
.

Elena hugs Potpie very close, and with a shluuup the chicken is absorbed into her body which isn't extremely weird at all. Adder swings out wildly in front of him, connecting with one of his blows that is against... yep, that's a vampire. Wren's see invisibility spell goes off and she sees two pale, fanged humanoids seriously doubting their life choices right now after the fireball blew up in their face.

Bronin, Lena, and Whiskeyjack are up!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena rattles off a shield spell as she tries to make sense of the last few seconds.
Crazy elf! Could you warn us or something next time!


Male Human Ranger Level 12 -133 HP/ AC 23 /F:+11 R:+12 W:+5 / Init: +6. Perception: +16--+20

With Bronin's eyes looking ahead at the ball of fire that curls up against an invisible wall. He misses the actions right behind him. The strange happenings of Elena and PotPie evade his sight.
He moves with agility - but not Adders Superhuman agility - around the wall and towards the source of the attacks. He doesn't see anything, but has long had experience fighting those that attack while invisible.

move and attack
Long Sword: 1d20 + 14 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 4 - 3 = 18 Spec. Enemy Undead PA.
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 72 high is good.

Bronin swings as he knows where the enemy is, but his swing is too high, and the vampire is a Gnome! He realizes it, but too late!
Damn Gnome or halfing Vampires!


Warpriest 12 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 92| F +11* R +5 W +14* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack moved up to block off the spellcasters from the danger in front, chanting quickly to bless all of his party.

Casting Bless

7,701 to 7,750 of 8,289 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.