GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Four: Wake of the Watcher

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet


6,401 to 6,450 of 7,027 << first < prev | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | next > last >>

Warpriest 10 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 76| F +10* R +4 W +13* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack hustled back to stand beside Arval, turfing Eldon out of the way as he did so. He raised his shield and held it to cover Arval and himself, and prepared to swing his mighty hammer.

Double move to stand beside Arval. Saving shield +2 is up

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 10 HP 52/52 | AC: 19 T 19 FF 10|concentration +17 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +4 | CMD:22 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+11 | Will:+10 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +12 | Stealth:+9 Spellcraft +14
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena steps behind eldon, and redies an action, casting a scorching ray spell.

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

damage 1: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 1) + 3 = 19

damage 2: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1) + 3 = 11

wow, it looks mad. And very ugly.


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

"That's just silly, Wren," Eldon comments. "How can I be his son? I'm absolutely flawless, and he's not."

Eldon looks at Arval and Whiskeyjack in front of him, then at Lena and Kawrock plugging the other tunnel through which the large fishman could approach. He moves a small distance away from the warriors in front of him, and decides his position's all dandy.

After taking out his crossbow, Eldon loads it with a bolt. Meanwhile, he shares a story about a fearful creature he recently slayed by shooting it from the sky. "It was a large bat-like demon dragon, and it circled the house I was in! I blasted it with fire, then locked it in a cage, and shot it from the sky with a bolt from this very crossbow! I'll show you the corpse later on, when we return to the surface!"

Inspire Courage +2 continues!


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

Kawrock moves into position behind Avral and casts produce flame.


.

Going to slow up on updates for the week guys, personal life is insane. Bear with!


.

Back! Thanks for your patience. Wren, I guessed at the best acid pit location - point is it made its save and circled back around.

GM rolls:

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

As the mega-skum arrives to start beating on the wall, Wren pops off an acid pit, which it leaps back, just avoiding. Arval and Whiskeyjack stand fast while the pit blocks off the tunnel. Everyone gets in position, and as the wall drops with a satisfying wonk sound, Lena blasts the creature with a pair of scorching rays. It looks at the pit, looks at all of you, and roars, circling back the way it came to take another run at you!

The skum has now circled around back to the south. Everyone is up![


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval moves back to the south, immediately throwing up his shield again.

Move and total defense AC 34

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 10 HP 52/52 | AC: 19 T 19 FF 10|concentration +17 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +4 | CMD:22 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+11 | Will:+10 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +12 | Stealth:+9 Spellcraft +14
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

this thing is very persistent.
Lena sets herself to rince and repeat her spell

ready a spell, casting on seeing to creature

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 touch

Scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 touch

damage 1: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6, 3, 4) + 3 = 19

damage 2: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 4) + 3 = 20


Warpriest 10 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 76| F +10* R +4 W +13* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack followed Arval, keeping his shield up and ready, but being pinched by the narrow rock walls made that difficult.

move. SS +2 up


Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage

Round 5, Init 15

Wren moves up and readies a blast from her wand of Magic Missile.

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3) + 4 = 13 force damage

"Be careful, now, Arval. This beast seems really angry about something. Possibly something you did," Wren squawks, unable to think anyone would be mad at her.

Wren Combat:

HP: 55/55
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand of magic missile

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +4 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).
Wand of Magic Missile (lvl 7) 5 charges left - 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1) + 4 = 14 force damage.


.

Arval and Whiskeyjack get ready to block the passage again and protect the soft white underbelly that is their spellcasters. Wren and Lena get ready to blast the mega-skum.

Kawrock is up! I'll have Eldon on autopilot.


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

With the passage blocked and no clear shot at the creature Kawrock waits patiently, holding his fire.

Delay


.

GM rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Damage: 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Damage: 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Crit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The gigantic raging fishbeast proves to be a very easy target for Lena, who continues blasting him with scorching rays to great effect. Wren thwaps him with a magic missile as well. Roaring bloody murder, he charges into Arval, swinging and biting wildly. Although Arval blocks the axe, he is bitten fiercely. However, all things considered, it could have been worse.

Round Four:

Arval
---
Iq'lothatuaa (-69)
---
Lena
Wren
Eldon
Kawrock
Whiskeyjack

Arval takes 17 damage. Everyone is up!


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval keeps up his defences, not wanting to get hurt more than necessary.

AC36 (34 Total defense, +2 Saving shield)

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 10 HP 52/52 | AC: 19 T 19 FF 10|concentration +17 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +4 | CMD:22 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+11 | Will:+10 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +12 | Stealth:+9 Spellcraft +14
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

burn, fish breath!

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 touch

Scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 touch

damage 1: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 3) + 3 = 15

damage 2: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 6) + 3 = 22


Warpriest 10 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 76| F +10* R +4 W +13* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

With a quick thought, Whiskeyjack caused his hammer to glow with the blue-white power of Angradd. He stepped up beside Arval and slammed the hammer out at the overlarge fish-creature.

"Ge' ye gone from this place, ye walkin' pile o' scales an' fish droppin's! Ge' ye gone, afore we turn ye int' stew!"

Swift to add sacred weapon to the hammer, move up and power attack. SS up for +2

attack,sw,pa: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 30
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 18
intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage

Round 6, Init 15

Wren fires again with her wand, almost empty.

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 3) + 4 = 15 force damage

Wren Combat:

HP: 55/55
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand of magic missile

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +4 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).
Wand of Magic Missile (lvl 7) 4 charges left - 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 4) + 4 = 13 force damage.


.

Nicely done tactically.

Arval just plants his feet and lets the rest of the part rain hell on the mega-Skum. Two more scorching rays and a magic missile find their target while Whiskeyjack stomps into place. With a quick swing, he kneecaps the skum, and then caves its skull in with a hammer. His insane gibbering finally ceases.

End of Combat

You take a while to look over the area and the bodies of the strange skum. The massive one was likely very, very old, although something had clearly driven him insane. His axe has a strange design and is magical.

Knowledge History DC 17:

This axe is ancient, around 2,000 years old.

You find the following items of value in the chamber:

- +1 defending greataxe
- amulet of natural armour +2
- a dozen assorted gems worth 50 gp
- two fishgold bracelets, worth around 450 gp together

Peering down the tunnels from the two rooms you see that they meet. The foul stench to the northwest is coming from an enormous midden heap, the results of god-knows-how-long of skum garbage.

You can explore the midden or push westwards.


Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 Know (History)

Wren takes a look about, wondering why the big one was so insane...but then remembered that not everyone was a lovely person like she was.

She identifies the magics and looks around. She will follow Arval whichever way he goes.


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval avoids the midden heap, not even thinking about rummaging through it. He makes his was through the caves, towards the unexplored hallway.


Warpriest 10 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 76| F +10* R +4 W +13* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack spat upon the large skum, then shook teh goo off of his hammer. "Ye know, when things like tha' are abou', ye ge' th' feelin' tha' this ain't a happy little fishin' village. Still, some good treasure on 'em. Anyone want this fancy amulet? One o' ye squishy types perhaps? I be thinkin' we should probably jest throw tha' axe in th' bag. no one 'ere ken be usin' i' too effectively."

Whiskeyjack felt the same as Arval about jumping into the midden, but he thought they had better at least search it for magical items while they were there. He paused a moment and activated his arcane sight.

Detect magic on the midden, before following Arval


.

Sorry, life'll kill ya.

GM rolls:

Something's Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Whiskey's Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Whiskeyjack approaches the midden and from a distance casts a detect magic spell. After a moment he can recognize at least one magical aura buried in the trash. However as he looks in, he notices that there is... something organic and large in the trash, lying still, but its hard to tell from yellowish, dusty fungus everywhere. It has not moved yet.


Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage

If Whiskeyjack points things out, Wren will try to identify the blob.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 Know (Arcana/Nature/Planes/Religion)

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 10 HP 52/52 | AC: 19 T 19 FF 10|concentration +17 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +4 | CMD:22 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+11 | Will:+10 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +12 | Stealth:+9 Spellcraft +14
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Careful whiskeyjack, that looks icky


Warpriest 10 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 76| F +10* R +4 W +13* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"There be somewha' in there. I cannae be tellin' wha' ye', bu' i' be magical. And...oi! There be some kind big creature in there too!"

Whiskeyjack readied his shield and motioned for Arval to come back.


.

Knowledge Nature DC 24:

It continues to stay perfectly still but you take a while to stare at this thing and it finally clicks in this is some kind of shambling mound. However, it appears fungal rather than plant-based - like a living yellow mold. The spores are assuredly very dangerous if disturbed.

DC 29:

You have some knowledge of this rare variant. It is empowered by electricity, resistant to fire, and resistant to damage from piercing and bludgeoning weapons. As a plant it is immune to mental attacks, poison, paralysis, sleep, and polymorph.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage

"STOP JACK!! THAT THING IS DANGEROUS!" Wren caws at W'Jack. "Better let someone more expendable, like Arval, provoke it. It's like one of them....<read spoilers above>...blahblahblah...moldy stuff betwixt my toes...blahblah...spread on toast. Delicious!"

Again, Wren explains the spoilers above.

Wren moves back, readying her wand should the goons which to provoke the shambling mold.

"As a reminder, don't use fire!" She glares at Kawrock.


Warpriest 10 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 76| F +10* R +4 W +13* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Did...did you just draw a comparison between a fungal shambling mound to vegemite????


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval glares at Wren.
"Why don't you just shoot the thing, I'm not going in there!"


Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage
Whiskeyjack Dunaldthal wrote:
Did...did you just draw a comparison between a fungal shambling mound to vegemite????

Uh, maybe. I don't pay too much attention to what Wren says (it's better that way)...so maybe. Also, toe cheese. <involuntary shivers>

Wren looks at Arval, wondering what set the man off, and then focuses on the not-mound.

When others are ready, she will shoot it with her wand of Magic Missile.

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 3) + 4 = 18 damage.


.

The group lines up, looking at Wren uncertainly. She zaps the spore mound with the wand of magic missile, and that seems to do it. It lets out a weird blurping sound and rises out of the midden, yellow spores floating in the air around it as it approaches.

Initiative:

Arval: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Kawrock: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Eldon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Whiskeyjack: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Lena: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Wren: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Spore Mound: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Round One:

Arval
Lena
kawrock
Wren
Eldon
Whiskey
---
Fetid Spore Mound

Everyone is up!


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval stares from the spores to the big blob and decides that the spores might best be avoided. He throws up his shield, shielding everyone behind him.

AC 34


Warpriest 10 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 76| F +10* R +4 W +13* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

Whiskeyjack spat on his hands and called forth Angradd's divine favor before slamming his shield into the behemoth. "Ye dinnae jest hold yer shield up, lad. Ye gotta put i' t' work!"

shield slam,df,pa: 1d20 + 10 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 3 - 2 = 29
damage,df,pa: 1d8 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 4 = 8

swift to cast divine favor, burning a fervor, then move and attack with shield. SS +2 is up!


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

"You said this thing is resistant to fire Wren? I don't like it already." Kawrock warbles, clearly irritated at having to face such a creature. Drawing his sword Kawrock moves in and attempts to strike the creature.

Melee: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage

GM, Wren's first wand fire was the surprise round, right? She got the attack off?

Round 1, Init 15

Wren fires again with her wand, almost empty. Two charges left!

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 3) + 4 = 13 force damage

Wren Combat:

HP: 55/55
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand of magic missile

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +4 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).
Wand of Magic Missile (lvl 7) 2 charges left - 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 2) + 4 = 16 force damage.


.

@wren - yep!

GM Roll:

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Acid Arrow: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22 Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16
Grab: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
Con: 1d3 ⇒ 11d3 ⇒ 1

Arval, Whiskeyjack, and Kawrock all move in on the spore mound while Wren flings off another magic missile. Both give the spore mound mighty whacks, but as they do so puffs of yellow mold burst into the air. Both Whiskeyjack and Kawrock find themselves reacting badly to different spores. Eldon begins his usual babbling while Lena fires off an acid arrow into the spore mound.

Worse yet, Whiskeyjack's attack appears to have been entirely ineffective, while Kawrock's slashing blade does a much better job.

Rearing up, the spore mound lunges for Kawrock, reaching out with strange moldy arm-things. He is grabbed crushed into the spore mound with a powerful grip!

Round Two:

Arval
Lena
kawrock
Wren
Eldon
Whiskey
---
Fetid Spore Mound (-25)

Whiskeyjack and Kawrock take 1 con damage from spores. Kawrock takes 30 damage and is grappled!

Note from the high knowledge check - a fire spell that overcomes its fire resistance will render the spoors dormant. Or direct sunlight.


.

Also, everyone is up!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 10 HP 52/52 | AC: 19 T 19 FF 10|concentration +17 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +4 | CMD:22 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+11 | Will:+10 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +12 | Stealth:+9 Spellcraft +14
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena decides to cast an old favorite

scorching ray 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 touch

scorching ray 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 touch

damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 4) + 3 = 14

damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 3) + 1 = 13


Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage

Round 2, Init 15

Wren fires again with her wand, almost empty. One more charge!

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 1) + 4 = 11 force damage

Wren Combat:

HP: 55/55
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand of magic missile

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +4 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).
Wand of Magic Missile (lvl 7) 2 charges left - 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 3) + 4 = 14 force damage.


.

The spore mound makes for an easy target as Lena and Wren pelt it with spells.

I said everyone is up. Not just the keeners.


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval moves forward, seeing that the thing makes an easy target now. He swings his sword, aiming for anything that seems vital for the thing.

Atk: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Intimidate on hit: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 10 HP 52/52 | AC: 19 T 19 FF 10|concentration +17 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +4 | CMD:22 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+11 | Will:+10 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +12 | Stealth:+9 Spellcraft +14
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

keeners?


Warpriest 10 | AC 26 T 10 F 26 | HP 76| F +10* R +4 W +13* | Init +2 | Perc +13*

"Tha's th' way t' do i'! Burn i' an' slash i' t' pieces!"

Whiskeyjack raised his shield to thump the creature again, but then changed his mind and lashed out with his hammer instead, which he instinctively bound with divine power.

swift to add sacred weapon +2 to my hammer. full attack. SS +2 up!

attack,pa,df,sw: 1d20 + 11 + 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 3 - 2 + 2 = 34
damage,pa,df,sw: 1d8 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 15
intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

attack,pa,df,sw: 1d20 + 6 + 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 - 2 + 2 = 14
damage,pa,d,swf: 1d8 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 10
intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

confirm,pa,df,sw: 1d20 + 11 + 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 3 - 2 + 2 = 21
damage,pa,df,sw: 1d8 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 17
damage,pa,df,sw: 1d8 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 17


.

Haha, sorry. Probably North American slang. Keeners are the kids who sit at the front of the class and super enthusiastic to answer teacher's questions and participate in class. Hermione Granger is an archetypal keener.

Arval charges in and just misses terribly as his sword almost gets lost in the garbage. Lena is more fortunate as she mildly scorches the fetid spore mound, but the strength of the fire manages to burn off a ton of the spores, giving Whiskeyjack an opportunity to hammer at the spore mound without being hit by the spores.

Round Two con't:

Arval
Lena
kawrock
Wren
Eldon
Whiskey
---
Fetid Spore Mound (-40)

Kawrock and Eldon is up. I'll post for him tonight if Kawrock doesn't get it in.


Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage
GM SpiderBeard wrote:
Haha, sorry. Probably North American slang. Keeners are the kids who sit at the front of the class and super enthusiastic to answer teacher's questions and participate in class. Hermione Granger is an archetypal keener.

Oooh...I wasn't sure what you meant by that. Mostly, I thought you meant preener, because Wren is certainly that.

Wren fluffs her feather armors as she floats like a hummingbird above the rogues gallery.


.

Yes, it was a term of endearment for those who are getting their posts in. AHEM.

Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 351d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 92d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 = 14
Grab: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33
Crit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17

Kawrock casts produce flame again. Eldon hangs back and sings his song. The fetid spore mound finally manages to blast past Arval's defenses and with a huge pseudopod lifts him off of the ground and starts shaking him wildly!

Round Three:

Arval (-26) (grappled)
Lena
kawrock
Wren
Eldon
Whiskey
---
Fetid Spore Mound (-25)

Arval takes 26 damage and is grappled! Everyone is up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
AC 13/13/10;F5,R7,W9;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc20/Dung20/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc19/Nat1 8/Pln20/Rel20/Ling11/Spell20; Perc +13
Elf FeatherMage

Round 3, Init 15

Wren fires again with her wand. It’s now empty and Wren frowns, knowing that this has been a good wand for a long time.

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 4) + 4 = 20 force damage

!!! Max damage on last charge. In your face fungusmonster!

Wren Combat:

HP: 55/55
AC: 17 (3 dex, 4 mage armor)
Arcane Bond: 0/1 used

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: wand of magic missile

Sage Advice: (0/9 used)
: Take +4 insight bonus to your attacks, saves, skills, ability checks for 1 round (until Wren's turn again).


.

Wren blasts the spore mound but good with the last bit of juice from her wand. She has a moment of silence for the wand. As does the rest of the group. But now they are done, and assuredly spur into action.

The rest of you are up :P


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval, dangling in the air, tries to escape the grapple by pushing as hard as he can with his feet.
"Let me go yo ufilth!"

CMB: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

Am I still grappled?

6,401 to 6,450 of 7,027 << first < prev | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.