GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Six: Shadows of Gallowspire

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


5,301 to 5,350 of 8,503 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

basically arval, that's correct. Though it doesn't mean you cannot be flexible. We'll have to see what comes out.
Lena grins. so hit them, don't get hit, and put up with eldon's stories


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval bellows a laugh at Lena's last remark.
"Yes, mainly that!"
He grabs his shield, shield and pack.
"You got your spellstuffs ready? If so, let us go destroy those two groups."
If everyone is ready Arval sets out towards the Inn, seeing that the brains of the group wanted to go there first.

Perception for anything unusual: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena stands, and stretches. She puts her pack in and says I'm nearly ready to go
She casts mage armour on herself.
ok, ready


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren nods, ready to go. She enchants her feathered 'armor' with magics before she goes.

"Let's see what we can accomplish this day."


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

"Just to be clear, we are going to the haunted inn first. Then setting fire to the mill to drive the demon wolves out?" Kawrock asks as he gathers his gear.


.

You are now!

You bid the Prince's Wolves farewell and make for the inn in the centre of town. The mill, presumably full of Demon Wolves, is adjacent but you are not attacked. The front doors face away from the town square, and you can easily enter without alerting the Whispering Way. The inn appeared to function as a provisioner's shop as well.

Just off the town square, this building consists of a large, open storage area separated from a smaller storefront by a long wooden sales counter.

As you all step into the inn, you spot a ghostly apparition standing on the bar. He has a blank look on his face as he calmly forms a length of rope into a noose.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren, having waited to see if anyone else was going to say something, understands that the group is looking to her, the leader to do the talking...and so she does. Waited 8 hours for one of you yahoos to post...sheesh...

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 know (religion)

Wren stands about 20' feet away from the apparition, trying to understand just what it is doing and might want.

"Say there, dearie, is that rope for you or someone else? Must be a nice warm feeling to apply that to your own neck," Wren coos, hoping to make conversation.


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

I need my sleep ;) And living in Europe makes my sleeping hours align with your waiting hours. Besides, the only thing Arval can do in a situation like this:

Arval's eyes widen and a high pitched noise escapes his throat. He immediately grasps for his animal paw charm around his neck and closes his eyes.


.

Well it's now been 48 hours so nobody has any excuses ;)

Wren identifies the apparition as a ghost, potentially quite dangerous if it chooses to be aggressive. Ghosts are incorporeal undead who typically become trapped with the living due to the circumstances of their death, typically involving horrific crimes, regret, and sorrow.

The ghost ignores Wren.


.

Well it's now been 48 hours so nobody has any excuses ;)

Wren identifies the apparition as a ghost, potentially quite dangerous if it chooses to be aggressive. Ghosts are incorporeal undead who typically become trapped with the living due to the circumstances of their death, typically involving horrific crimes, regret, and sorrow.

The ghost shoots a glance over to Wren, and then shrugs and continues braiding the noose.


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval slowly takes a few steps back, backing away to the door.
"I... Ahhh... I... Leave."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

my post got eaten by the site goblins I think. Oh well.

Lena stares at the spook. Then she shrugs.

arval, it's not threatening. Remember that lady ghost at the prison? It may be like that.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Kawrock? Eldon? W'Jack? Where are people?

Vladlena, I'm glad you posted, but if you post rarely, you really need to push and making your posts count. You gotta pack some push into your posts.

Wren looks around, thinking she might be alone in the Inn.


Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

3 funerals, sick kids, and major deliveries at work totally sucked up the lsat 4 days. Haven't even been online since Thursday. Sorry about that

"Been a bi' o' time since we me' th' ghosties and ghoulies in th' prison. lena be righ', I be thinkin' if'n we be lucky 'e migh' be able t' give us a clue as t' wha's going on here, an' wha' we ken be doin' abou' i'."

"Oi, ghostie! Qui' yer hangin' fer jest a minute an' be aanswerin' some questions fer us, hey?"


.

Okay, since this clearly calls for a diplomacy roll I'm GMPCing Eldon as he hasn't posted in a week.

Eldon steps forwards and immediately bursts into a long-winded story about his ghost-uncle or something like that. Whatever he says in his long-winded tirade, it seems to arrest the ghost's attention.

Eldon's Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

The ghost gently places the noose down, where it vanishes, and steps down from the bar to address all of you. As he speaks, his voice seems to come from everywhere around you.

Perhaps... perhaps you can help me. I am Ulcris Sedmir. To my shame I ran this inn and shop. During the civil war here, eighteen years past, I had advocated for the right to neutrality as a business owner, which was granted. And so when the occupying army of Neska came here, I gladly put them up for their coin. The following morning they slaughtered the town. In my shame I took my own life, and am now trapped to relive those last moments.

He looks at all of you keenly.

But a new menace has come to Feldgrau, which will rob the dead of their souls and spiral them towards oblivion. Auren Vrood - a necromancer of the Whispering Way is exhuming the bodies of the dead, but I do not know his motives. YOU! Kill Auren Vrood, and bring me his head. His motives, his wishes, and his goals will be known to you. Only then, and after funerary rites are performed for the dead may I be freed from this curse.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren clucks, thinking about speaking again, but holds her tongue for a moment.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

push. right.

Lena replies to the spirit.

Well, we are here to end the whispering way for many reasons. So we shall do what you ask, though you didn't need to.

She looks at the others. well, let's go. We have some bad guys to end.


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval peers around the corner of the doorway but remains at a distance.
"We leaving yet?"
Seeing Lena come out alive he relaxes again.
"Let's go set fire to that mill."
He sets off, shield and sword ready.
"Can you fire the spell from past the tower? That way it'll look like it came from the whispering way."
If so and everyone agrees, he'll guide everyone to the east of the tower.

I think that should be possible.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

good plan, arval. Let's do this.


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

Kawrock who has remained silent through most of the exchange speaks up. "Our goals are aligned, but what you ask seems a bit difficult at the moment. Is there anything you can add to aid us in this task? Perhaps you could drive the demon wolves from the mill for us? This would weaken the Whispering ways forces gathering in the square. Making it much more likely that we would succeed." Kawrock pauses for a moment as he considers what he says next. "I only ask as both the demon wolves and the Whispering way seem to be avoiding this place."


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage
Arval Beyondane wrote:

"Let's go set fire to that mill. Can you fire the spell from past the tower? That way it'll look like it came from the whispering way."

If so and everyone agrees, he'll guide everyone to the east of the tower.

Wren clucks and follows, happy to have direction and focus.

"I can't do a directional firestart without being there, but perhaps others can do that," Wren looks worriedly at the near comatose, but suddenly expressive Kawrock. "I would suggest that...well...hmm..."

If Kawrock isn't up for anything...

Wren suggests that she can create a sphere of flame and start a fire that way, if that works.

GM Spiderbeard, though the spell flaming sphere doesn't specifically say that it sets things on fire, if Wren used the ball to attack a wooden structure, would it be reasonable to assume that a fire might start?

Wren follows Arval while clucking to herself, thinking about things.

Edited for the ninjabird.


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

Eldon follows Lena and the others. Once Lena stops and the party's in place he comments, "Yes, I'm sure this is the perfect spot to wait from. I made the right call selecting this spot, as to be expected."

The cocky storyteller expectantly looks from Lena, to Wren, to Kawrock, and back. "So who's going to set the barn on fire?"


.

Flaming sphere is fine for intentional arson. The iea is that you don't accidentally light everything on fire with it. But it's fire, it hurts, it will burn things.

The ghost looks at the group curiously.

"I am bound to this place where I died, and so cannot enter the Mill. If the Demon Wolves could hear me, I could strike terror into them."

Whiskeyjack knows enough about ghosts to know that they can emit a horrifying moan will panick anyone who hears it. However, it can only go for around thirty feet.


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

Back at the inn:
"I could summon a large trumpet for you," Eldon tells the ghost. "I'm the only one who can actually play the instruments I summon, because I'm the only one talented enough to handle my own creations, but you could try to moan into it to enhance the volume of your voice?"

Eldon point at the window. "If we open the window your moan may reach far enough to scare them."

Or is that a far stretch? :P
#SummonInstrument


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

"So I guess you'll just wait here then." Kawrock says as he follows the others to the mill. "So what do you think? Fireballs? Burning gaze? Wall of fire?"


Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

"Me magics 're more fer fightin' then fer public speakin'. I dinnae be havin' anythin' t' be casting yer voice o'er a distance. Still, if'n we could be comin' back here as a fall back, maybe ye ken be helpin' us tha' way."

"I be all fer settin' fires t' th' enemy stronghold, and clobberin' wha'ever comes out. If tha' be th' plan, then le's ge' t' i'!"


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage
Kawrock of the Phoenix Clan wrote:
"So what do you think? Fireballs? Burning gaze? Wall of fire?"

"All of those should work, dearie, and work well," Wren coos and clucks approvingly.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

then let's burn them out. Mills can be rather flammable.

Just before attacking, lena casts shield on herself, and sights the mill. fireball i think. Through a window if I can.


.

With the group decided to set the mill on fire, you take stock of the situation. The mill is adjacent to the inn, just to its southeast and it appears to only have one entrance.

A map is updated. I had to combine a couple of maps here on a generic background. The weird rectangle thing is a ruined building. Please place yourselves on the map, and then indicate who is casting what.


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

Kawrock lets out an excited squawk, "I've been looking forward to this all day." The tengu says before casting burning gaze and selectively setting parts of the mill on fire.

Per the spell description objects can be sent on fire at will with no save.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren stays in the inn and waits to see what happens.

"Go get them, you fiery parrot," Wren wishes Kawrock well.


Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

"Aye, we be havin' yer back. Well, as long as ye dinnae fly too far from us. An' as long as ye stay on this side o' th' mill. An...ye know wha'? We be holdin' up our end o' th' clobbering, okay?"

Whiskeyjack hefted his shield and hammer and prepared to do combat.


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval nervously waits for the building to be set on fire.
"You think they're going to fall for it?"
He asks Whiskey, who seems totally relaxed.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Let's light things up

Lena's eyes light up. This would be good.

arval, whiskyjack, discourage anyone leaving that door.

If the door is open, lena drops a fireball inside
fireball: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 4, 6, 1, 1, 3) = 24 dc20 for half

If not she drops a molten orb on the roof. Should light it up well.

Wren! Get your feather backside out here and participate.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren shakes her grey-haired head, not leaving the inn.

"I'm sure you bird brains have it covered. Doesn't take much to start a fire...just a spark," Wren coos back, happily thinking about something else.


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

Kawrocks eyes flash with each new fire he starts with his spell. "If we get enough going it's bound to get their attention."

Kawrock can go 8 rounds with his spell. So that would be 8 small fires unless they come out to stop us.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

What was that, Wren. You're a bird brain? Well self realization is important, but I can hardly hear you. Lena yells to the feathered elf, who was cowering in the inn, some distance away.


.

Lena and Kawrock have a great time of things as Kawrock takes off and starts lighting small fires all around the Mill. The building immediately begins catching fire, and the response is immediate.

The doors fly open, and Lena is ready for the wolves inside.

FOOOM

Lena's Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Relfex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Lena's Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Relfex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Lena's Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Relfex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Her fireball explodes amongst three demon wolves who were in the main floor of the mill. The moulding bags of flour, wooden cart, and large amounts of old wheat all go up in flames instantly. Between Kawrock and Lena, the entire mill is aflame very quickly. The demon wolves howl in rage and attack! Over in the town square, distantly, you can see a large number of skeletons starting to head your way.

Initiative:

Whiskeyjack: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Arval: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Kawrock: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Eldon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Lena: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Wren: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Demon Wolves: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Round One:

Kawrock
Arval
Lena
Whiskeyjack
Wren
---
Demon Wolves:
Triangle (-2)
Circle
Plain (-14)
----
Eldon

Everyone but Eldon is up! The front doors are open and it looks like the wolves mean to pour out into the open. The town square is around 200' to the east, and it looks like you've attracted their attention.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren wonders why everyone is out there instead of hiding so that the wolves would be forced to attack or engage the skeletons.

Wren thought the plan was to get the two armies to attack other (which is why the directionality question was important) and not stand in the middle of two armies, which seems silly.

She dithers and thinks about what to do.


Male Tengu Druid 10 HP 72/72 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | CMB 8, CMD 21 | F:8 R:6 W:11 | Init. 3, SPD 20 | Perc. 18, SM 4 |

"Quick back to the inn!" Kawrock calls to the others as he heads back toward Wren. "Hopefully they're still afraid enough to allow the Whispering way enough time to become the bigger problem."


M Human Fighter (HP 74/84 | AC:30 | T:14 | FF:28 | CMB: +13 | CMD:25 [+2 Disarm&Grapple] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +7 | Will:+6 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9 | Speed 20 | Insanity 10)

Arval quickly follows Kawrock back into the inn.
"What were you guys thinking?! We were supposed to only set fire to it, not attract their attention!"
He says in a quick and hushed voice.

I thought we were going to get east of the broken tower and fire some fire spells at the mill so the wolves would attack the tower instead of us? How did we end up in the middle of the battlefield...

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

no the plan was to seal them inside the mill and burn it down. Lena never left that plan

what are you complaining about? We set fire to the inn. Of course they would notice. What did you think they would do? Cook marshmallows?

Lena cast black tentacles inside the mill to hold the wolfmen in place.

tentacle grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Lena then scoots back 20 feet

Kawrock! Blast inside the mill. Get them while they are surprised


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

And I wonder how we ended up in the middle of the battlefield while doing that, while we could've done just that from a somewhat safer position. Like I, and obviously some others as well, thought we were going to do.

Wait, hold on! I'm the only one not up yet! You're leaving me behind in the middle of this! O_O

Eldon sees his allies run off to safety, as per the original plan. He wonders how the heck he ended up on the middle of the soon-to-be battlefield, and wonders if he'll get away in time. Meanwhile his mouth runs its own thoughts.

"I see you realized that I might have to unleash my true power to deal with this many foes, my dear comrades! Yes, please do get to safety as fast as you can! I wouldn't want you to get caught up in what I'm about to do!"

I should really run... Are they still looking at me...? I should run when they're not...

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 13 HP 69/69| AC: 27 T 21 FF 20|concentration +20 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+13 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+9| Perc: +15 | Stealth:+16 Spellcraft +17
active spells:
mage armour, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

well if you going to do something, other than talk, do it.


Warpriest 13 | AC 28 T 10 F 28 | HP 100| F +12* R +6* W +15* | Init +0 | Perc +14*

Whiskeyjack, prepared to defend the others as they withdrew, kept his shield high and his feet moving.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

GM Spiderbeard, would it be possible to re-do the actions here? I think the others were confused on the plan.

Wren waits for the group to return.


.

Okay, I'll put a hold on this since I believe the fallout here is a result of the format.


Druid 8 | HP 57/57 | AC:18, FF: 13, Touch: 15 | CMB: 8, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +10 | Init. +4, Speed 30 (60 fly) | Perc. 16, SM 4 |

Kawrock steps out of the inn and shifts into his "firebug" form. Though bug might not be the right word for it now as the small little fire bird is now the size of a full grown man. "I'll set fire to the mill and lead them toward the Whispering way. Hold here until they've engaged and we'll flank them when they are weak." He tells his companions before taking wing.

Once in the air Kawrock calls on his inner fire magic to set small fires where ever he focuses his gaze. Circling the tower in his fire elemental form, Kawrock sets fire to the mill in several places. Once the Wolves inside take notice to their burning building and the firey bird that probably caused it, Kawrock makes a b line for the Whispering Way's forces.

Apologies for not getting this right the first time.


Stats:
AC 18/13/15;F6,R10,W10;Appr11ww/Cft12/Arc23/Dung23/Eng11/Geo11/Hist14/Loc25/Na t21/Pln23/Rel23/Ling11/Spell23; Perc +16
Elf FeatherMage

Wren wishes Kawrock well on his secret fire mission. She doesn't know how it's going to turn out, but hopes for the best.


.

GM Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

The group hide in the mill while Kawrock turns into a phoenix and flies into the air. He begins zipping around the Mill, lighting whatever looks flammable. The fire catches quickly enough in the old wooden building.

Round 1

The front doors fly open, and three Demon Wolves emerge in hybrid form. They start pointing and shouting as they see Kawrock lighting the mill on fire.

"Some bird is burning down the Mill!"

Round 2

Two more Demon Wolves race out, followed by a third who is much larger. He moves with authority and a palpable aura of menace. As he takes off, Kawrock realizes his work is done, and starts to head eastwards.

"Kill the bird," he growls. "I do not fear fire, but I will not let our base be destroyed by some small thing."

As they do this, the skeletons in the distance begin to rise up and start approaching the exposed werewolves.

Round 3

Adimarus spots the skeletons, and sees that Kawrock is trying to fly eastwards.

"The Whispering Way did this! They are trying to burn us out, and see their skeletons approaching. We knew we would fight, and we shall! The Jezeldans do not run!"

The Demon Wolves throw back their heads, howling in unison. One suddenly stops howling.

"sniff sniff I smell something! I smell human... elf... dwarf... halfling... in the Inn!"

"We will not deal with that ghost if there are some soft morsels for us after the fight. We fight here, watch your backs! The fire will take the Inn soon enough."

Round 4

The werewolves move a little eastwards and stand in wait for the oncoming small army of skeletons.

I'll pause here and let you decide your next actions. The werewolves are aware of you but are not entering the Inn, they're preparing for a fight with the skeleton army. They are not following Kawrock and cannot attack him.

5,301 to 5,350 of 8,503 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.