GM Sphen's Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Sphen86

Maps: Part 1
LOOT SHEET


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,235 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

Glancing back towards Cavenn, Tessa inquires "Find anything there?"


Farmageddon

Cavenn: The body of the goblin carries more weapons than you'd expect from something so small. But you saw it use them all to great effect.
All small sized and high quality.
1) Longsword (functionally a shortsword for a medium sized character).
2) Handaxe
3) Dagger

4) Unknown potion DC 15 Alchemy/Arcana:
Bull's Strength

TO ALL THOSE INVESTIGATING THE PITS:
You cannot see in them as the wooden coverings are complete. But the moaning sounds are more clear.

Harness: Do you still want to open the pit? If so, any and all of you can go ahead and read the spoiler below. Also if yes, no one else post about it as I'll put in more flavor text.

K (Religion) DC20:
This is unusually high due to not being able to see inside. But these shambling sounds seem to be zombies.


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Cavenn motions over to Tessa, holding up the potion. "Maybe something here. He has some small weapons that we can get some coin for."


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Yes, Harness wishes to "free" the "prisoners."

Harness lifts the lid and peers in.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"These folk are very very sick."


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

Moving to Cavenn at the sight of the vial, she offers to take a look. "Ooo that's one of them that makes you stronger. A bit of dirt in it, but should still function quite nicely. I suggest one of you burly people snag it for later. You never know when a surge of power could prove beneficial."

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Sick you say Saira moves to peer into the pit. Are you sure? I can aid if needed.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk moves to the far side of the room looking for anything that stands out as a break in the pattern, anything that seems off or doesn't belong.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Farmageddon

Many of you investigate one of the open pits. The creature inside continues to shuffle against the wall, clawing uselessly against the stones attempting to climb up. Moans escape decayed lips hidden in the darkness below. The misery of this poor soul is obvious to any who look upon it.

Snyk: You investigate the walls for hidden compartments, patterns, etc. You notice nothing of note.

ALL: The far door remains closed and many of the pits remain covered.


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Cavenn motions to Snyk to see if he will check the door.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk checks the door.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Farmageddon

Hope everyone had a good time for the holidays. Now, enough lollygagging, lets get back into it. TO ADVENTURE!

Snyk: You detect no traps or locks. The door seems ready to open whenever anyone is ready to open it.


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness notices Snyk investigating the door.

"We can't just leave these sick people here in these pits?!? Snyk?"


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 2: HP 14/19; AC 15, FF14, T11; Init +7; Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3; CMD: 15 Perception +6; Arcane Pool 3/3

I'm not sure a place this old would host... Sick people. I would guess it's probably not even people at this point. Wouldn't want to check too closely to be honest.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

ugh
Snyk is about to open the next door when Harnesses wards reach him
you big softie
He walks over to Harness and jumps onto his backpack. after rifling through pockets for a second he emerges with Harnesses silk rope and starts knotting it for climbing.
"Do we know they aren't contagious? Some of us aren't made of metal."


Farmageddon
Snyk wrote:

ugh

Snyk is about to open the next door when Harnesses wards reach him
you big softie
He walks over to Harness and jumps onto his backpack. after rifling through pockets for a second he emerges with Harnesses silk rope and starts knotting it for climbing.
"Do we know they aren't contagious? Some of us aren't made of metal."

K(Religion) DC15:
If you are killed by a zombie, you will probably rise as one as well. It's not a disease, and only triggers if one kills you.

Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Saira looks down into the pit. Be careful. Those creatures could be hostile.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk raises a eyebrow at harness has he finishes tying the final knot in his rope.
"sir?'


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

Hmm...perhaps one of us should pick up K Religion next level. :-P

Glancing down towards the creatures below, Tessa inquires "Would it not be more humane to shoot them from here? They don't look like they'll be get any better...ever."

Heal Check?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Just realised the initial DC 20 check was for peering through the closed lid of the pit. Seeing as Harness got an 18 and was looking in an open pit I think he should have realised they were zombies, not sick people.

Harness closes his eyes. He calls on Robori for guidance, but receives no sign. He stares sadly at the shambling creature in the pit. The blank cold eyes betray little sentience and are devoid of feeling. Only a very evident hunger...

The metallic warrior sighs.

"Leave them Snyk. I think our friends are right. There is little to be done for these...creatures."


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

aren't zombies just a type of sick people as far as Harness understands?

phew! one less thing
Snyk returns to the next doorway and, once confirming the party is ready to proceed, opens it.


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Should we maybe close the pit back up then? Saira asks, moving back from the pit and preparing to move on.


Farmageddon

Opening the door in the southern wall, a long hallway stretches out before you. Just over the halfway point, an opening shows where the hall branches to the east, and otherwise terminates in a door further south. The door seems to be made of metal.


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Cavenn advances down the hallway and waits for the others.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk returns the hope to harness's pack and darts down the hallway. he scoops around Cavenn and looks down the offshoot hallway.


Farmageddon

Snyk: You see a spiral staircase going up and down from this level. Its quite steep, so you can't see any other landings.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

this place just goes on forever


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

Moving up behind Snyk, Tessa glances through the door. "Oh, that looks fun! I like spiral stairs...they're so exotic."

"Hmm...which way? Back up to the world? Or down...down...down into the depths of hell?"


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness plods on until he comes to the staircase.

"We come from up. So maybe we should go...down?"


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

I suppose we should make sure nothing too evil is still lurking down here. Otherwise it could get out and hurt the people of Sandpoint. Saira sighs, and waits to follow the party further into the depths.


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

"Down it is, then" nods Harness rather dimly.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk scurries down the stairs, moreso out of duty than out of bravery.
Stealthly: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness plods down after, heavy crossbow at the ready.

"Stay safe good Snyk" he intones between clomps.


Farmageddon

Snyk: Your heavy sigh barely finishes leaving your mouth before your travel is done. This stair quickly ends at a collapsed wall, rubble blocking the way down so thickly that you cant even see the dar side with your darkvision. Turning around and going up, you find a trap door that has been broken (apparently through time), and is covered over with stonework. It appears someone's built a structure directly over this place in the intervening centuries.

Harness: Your slow footfalls echo through the halls, barely reaching Snyk each time as he discovers the way forward is blocked and turns to keep exploring.

All: As Snyk and Harness return with the news, that the spiral stair is blocked on both ends, you know that there is only one path forward. As one, your eyes are drawn further down the hallway, towards the large metal door at the south end.....


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness listens as Snyk reports the spiral staircase goues nowhere either up or down.

"I guess this means the large metal door requires us to visit it, eh Snyk?"

Harness shoulders the large pack he wears with a huff of pressurised air and a clanking heave, then, brings his heavy crossbow to bear again.

"Let's go!"


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

"Aye sir" confirms Snyk
and off we go!


Farmageddon

The door stands as a massive slab of metal. It is covered in

arcane runes (K(Arcana) DC20):
These are runes relating to warding and transmutation.
. It seems to be one solid piece of forged metal. The hinges appear to be set in the middle of the door so that it swings both in and out. There are no handles or hand holds.


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

"Hrrrmm." murmurs Harness. He gives he door a sturdy push, in the hope it just...opens.


Farmageddon

Ballsy. It does indeed open. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

K Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Stepping forward, Tessa begins to translate the arcane symbols. "Hmm...sound it out...T..Taaaa...hhhheeeee THE! and...ACK!"

Turning to glare at Harness, she mumbles "Harder to read while its moving."

:-P I hope we don't all explode now. lol


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness' eyebrows raise.

"Thee-ack? Is that another interpretation of Robori?"


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 2: HP 14/19; AC 15, FF14, T11; Init +7; Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3; CMD: 15 Perception +6; Arcane Pool 3/3

K.Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

I don't know what these runes are... We should have checked the door first by the way... Eydor says while he sees Harness pushing it open.


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness looks at Eydor.

"I expect you are right. It might have been trapped."

The adamantine behemoth shakes his head.

"Sorry Snyk. Should I close it again so you can check if it is trapped?"


Farmageddon

(B11: Meditation Chamber)
This strange room is a fifteen-foot-diameter sphere. Several objects float in the room, spinning lazily in space- a ragged book, a scroll, a bottle of wine, a dead raven surrounded by a halo of floating and writhing maggots, and a twisted iron wand with a forked tip. Yet perhaps the most unnerving aspect of the room is the walls, for they are plated in sheets of a strange red metal that ripple every once in a while with silent black electricity that seems to coalesce into strange runes or even words far too often for the effect to be chance.

Eydor: You hear the familiar, soft voice in your head. Now. Finish it..... The meaning of this becomes evident quickly as another voice is heard by all.

ALL: Looking through the door, you also spot the familiar form of the small winged demon like creature you encountered in the room with the strange pool. She looks at you all and says angrily, "You again?! Begone with you all. I am no longer bound by the constraints of that accursed sword. And you will pay for invading my sanctum." With that, she dashes forward, grabbing up the tattered scroll as she goes, stopping in the entry way. She opens the document and reads it quickly. As the words fade, they are replaced by a gout of flame from her lips.
REFLEX saves from Harness, Snyk, and Tessa vs. Burning Hands spell:
Reflex Harness:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Reflex Snyk:: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Reflex Tessa:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

That's 3 damage to Harness, 1 for Tessa, none for Snyk.

Special rules for the sphere room:
This room used the subjective gravity rules. Unless you can fly.

Initiative Time
Init. Cavenn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Init. Eydor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Init. Harness: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Init. Saira : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Init. Snyk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Init. Tessa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Init. Enemy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Farmageddon

Snyk: I'm going to have you go before Erylium without having to roll off.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk will try to get behind the little thing, moving around harness and into the strange room.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
When gravity starts to get wierd, Snyk lets out a yelp and his momentum carries him to the far wall, where he assumes gravity is the direction he fell.
He stands and looks upwards (to him) and sees the open dooray and his target
this just got complicated


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Does Harness DR apply to flame/fire?

Where can I find rules for gravity/subjective gravity?


Farmageddon

Subjective Directional Gravity:

The strength of gravity on a plane with this trait is the same as on the Material Plane, but each individual chooses the direction of gravity’s pull. Such a plane has no gravity for unattended objects and nonsentient creatures. This sort of environment can be very disorienting to the newcomer, but it is common on “weightless” planes.

Characters on a plane with subjective directional gravity can move normally along a solid surface by imagining “down” near their feet. If suspended in midair, a character “flies” by merely choosing a “down” direction and “falling” that way. Under such a procedure, an individual “falls” 150 feet in the first round and 300 feet in each succeeding round. Movement is straight-line only. In order to stop, one has to slow one’s movement by changing the designated “down” direction (again, moving 150 feet in the new direction in the first round and 300 feet per round thereafter).

It takes a DC 16 Wisdom check to set a new direction of gravity as a free action; this check can be made once per round. Any character who fails this Wisdom check in successive rounds receives a +6 bonus on subsequent checks until he or she succeeds.

Snyk: Since I have been so busy lately and haven't gotten this posted, I'm just going to say that you passed the listed Wisdom check.
Also, the AoO:
Claw Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
AND A FUMBLE! What a shame.

This particular rule can be fairly dangerous in a room, as falling damage can happen quickly. So keep that in mind.


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Wow. I read that twice, but must be channeling Harness because I don't really understand it. You move by your own free will or you choose which way is up by your own free will? Or does none of this really apply unless you leave a solid surface? Or can you not stop without changing...something so you slam into walls? WTAF, I'm really confused?!?


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Make a wisdom check: Fall the direction you choose. That direction is down for you.


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

Watching Snyk soar through the air, Tessa stares in wonder for a moment. "Oh! Yeah...I should do something to help!...Uh...Harness! Look out!" calls out the priestess as she quickly mixes her last bomb and gives it a chuck.

Sorry harness...but hoping we can keep the creature in the doorway.

Tanglefoot Bomb vs Enemy Touch, melee penalty: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 = 3
Does no damage, but affects target as tanglefoot bomb for 4 rounds and makes 5ft radius difficult terrain

Well...not going to hit with that...

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,235 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sphen's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.