GM Sphen's Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Sphen86

Maps: Part 1
LOOT SHEET


701 to 750 of 1,235 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

Looking towards where the beast once was, Tessa frowns. "I agree heathe....err...dear priestest." with a wink, she considers 'Good Save!'

"Perhaps our next quasit adventure will be more interesting..."

Turning towards the sturdier meat shields, she nods. "Lets push on, as soon as you have your wits about you."


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness smiles, looking pointedly at Snyk.

"My wit stands beside me!"

The warforged positively beams.

"I made a joke, Snyk, and you're it!" he thunders, completely without guile nor realising he is in fact, the joke.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

"Very good, sir.'


Farmageddon

Edyor:
Any questions on what happened?

So what's next team? Explore the other pool? Go back and check the other tunnels?


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Cavenn stows his bow back across his back and says to Eydor: ”What happened?”


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk will inspect the magic water Cavenn pointed out.


Farmageddon

Well, not a lot to go on today. Sssooooo........

Snyk, you leave for the previous room and the altar in it. You see a small pool of dark water in a depression on the stone altar. What would you like to do to proceed?


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk leans in to smell it and dip a finger in for a taste.

magic?

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Saira finishes looking around the room and then moves toward the doorway back into the room where Snyk is.


Farmageddon

Snyk: The water is indeed magical. Cavenn was able to tell that but not much else. When you taste the water, it is terrible. It reminds you of that one time when you were young and your friends dared you to eat rotten fruit for some copper pieces, and you did but they refused to pay anyway.

Saira: Please roll a perception check for the room you're in.

Anyone else want to do anything?


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Cavenn leans in to see if Snyk gleaned anything from the water and then mentions to Saira: "Once we are done exploring these catacombs, I would like to hear of your Desnan beliefs. I too follow the Song of Spheres." Forcing a smile, he dismisses his Shield of Faith spell and moves to the door. He leans in to listen and tries the door to see if it is locked.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

Perception Current Room: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Giving but a precursory glance at the rest of the room, Tessa follows Snyk into the altar room. Stiffling a smile, she makes an observation. "I typically prefer to know what something is before I swallow a mouthful...it could have shall we say....problems."

"Magical things especially don't seem to always function the same way each time. I saw a man summon a snake covered in pinecones once when he was trying to make himself taller."

"Anyway, if you'd like I can take a look at that for you. But Robori only grants me that ability once per day for now. I must prove myself worthy to do it more often."

If Snyk asks Tessa to look at the water:

Use 1/day Detect Magic
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"Regardless, I do believe we should explore the rest of this place. Make sure it's safe, you know?"


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk nods affirmatively to Tessa and gestures with his little hands as if to say 'after you'.

He then subtley reaches for his waterskin to wash the taste out of his mouth


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Seeing as all else (apart from Eydor, who appears to be communing with a demonblade) are either testing Robori's multifarious expressions of water, or consulting one another on Robori's alter-ego Desna's tenets, Harness busies himself by remaining extra uber super duper vigilant.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Farmageddon

I've checkced the map to see that everyone was where (or close to) they should be, and I couldn't see Tesa's piece. You seem to have vanished.

Cavenn: You put your ear to the door and only hear the sounds of your team mates moving around behind you.

Eydor: You're still standing in water. You will officially be making a squishing sound for the next 10 minutes in game.

Snyk: The taste diminishes, but doesn't totally go away.

Harness: You..... great job. Way to...be...there.

Saira: You look around the big room some more and the most interesting thing there is the second pool at the back of the room (marked on the map by the glowing orange triangle). The waters there bubble and churn but they don't seem to give off any heat. The pool itself is on a raised part of the room and the rim of the water is surrounded by runes.

That was a lot of good posting guys. We usually don't see this many posts over the weekend.


Farmageddon

I am concerned that not everyone is on the same page about the number of water sources here.
1) The first is in B12 and is a small font of foul tasting water. It is magical and has a disgusting taste. This is where Snyk and Tessa are.

2) There is a large pool of water inset into the floor tiles. It has a ring of skulls on spikes in the middle of it and otherwise is unremarkable except for Eydor standing in it after having pulled his new sword out of the center of the ring. B13

3) There is a strange looking, triangular shaped pool that is also set into the floor tiles in the back of B13. This is the one I've described above and is (as of yet) otherwise untouched.


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

GM Sphen, unless someone re-added me to the map, looks like I'm near the alter in B12 adjacent to Snyk.

Did my spellcraft check tell me anything on Snyks water? was a 27 in spoiler of my above post


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Saira investigates the triangular pool.

I cast detect magic and look at the pool. I do not touch the water.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk gargles again and rightly leaves the curiosities to the curious.


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 2: HP 14/19; AC 15, FF14, T11; Init +7; Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3; CMD: 15 Perception +6; Arcane Pool 3/3

After what seems a really long time, Eydor finally snaps out of what just happened to him, bringing his new sword up and looking at it curiously

This was... Something unique. An intelligent item was not what I was expecting, but it seems to be sleeping now.

He slowly moves out of the pool and joins Cavenn, his new scimitar in hand Anything over there? I still feel the same, but this sword looks really good. Much better than what I had.


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness eyes the sleeping sword with avid interest.

A....sleeping sword!

Having stowed his heavy crossbow, Harness experimentally shakes Marauder awake and gives it some serious side-eye surreptitiously. If the heavy flail grumbles to be woken so rudely, it is heard by none.


Farmageddon

Tessa and Snyk: Tessa's expertise recognizes the waters as unholy water with the added effect that if someone who is of good alignment drinks it, they become confused for 1 round.

Cavenn: The door remains a door, and is unlocked (if I didn't say that part already).

Eydor: Cavenn is focused heavily on the door.

Harness: The flail magically comes to life and begins ranting and raving at you....... not really. The chain clatters but it otherwise makes no noise.

Saira: The "waters" (?) continue to bubble and churn under your scrutiny. It is magical, both the pool and the runes surrounding it. What are you doing at the pool?


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1
Quote:

his was... Something unique. An intelligent item was not what I was expecting, but it seems to be sleeping now.

He slowly moves out of the pool and joins Cavenn, his new scimitar in hand Anything over there? I still feel the same, but this sword looks really good. Much better than what I had.

"Interesting. I don't trust that little demon one bit. I'm not very familiar with intelligent swords, other than legends I've read. If you are comfortable with it, I'll trust your instinct."

He then opens the door.


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Saira calls out to the rest of the group, "There's something strange about this pool over here too. I can't quite make it out.It's some sort of magic, but no idea what.

I don't have spellcraft trained yet. Yay for cleric's lack of skills!


Farmageddon

WHAT?!?! YOU OPENED THE DOOR!?!?!? OH MAN, I CANT WAIT TO GET HOME AND TELL YOU WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

I have a bad feeling about this


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

"Oh! Snyk, don't drink that! Spit it out!" cries out the priestess, slapping him on the back....hard. "It's unholy! You'd surely have been confused....if not worse for drinking it."

Yes, Tessa things you are 'good' alligned currently. ;-)

"Seems there's not much else to see in here, aside from the magics in the other pool perhaps....Sadly, I can't check it to day. As i said, Robori has only blessed me with this once per light period....for now. Shall we see what trouble the others are getting into?"


Farmageddon

As Saira looks into the pool with the churning orange water, Cavenn forges ahead by opening the door he stands in front of. The creaking of its ancient hinges sounds throughout the room.

Cavenn and Eydor:
The door creaks open to reveal.......... a small room full of broken furniture and pottery. If you investigate, you notice that the broken furniture seems to have been mostly small end tables and cabinets, the pottery mostly small vases and bowls. If you detect magic, there is nothing. You've found a disused storage closet.


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Saira turns at the sound of the door opening and mutters to herself, "or you know, completely ignore me, that works too."


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

"Bah. Nothing in here it seems. Snyk, do you want to to see if there are any valuables left in there that we can't see by chance?" He then walks over to the pool where Saira is standing. "What is this?" he says, pointing to the pool. "I'm not well versed enough with the arcane arts to determine what it does. Maybe Tessa or Eydor can?"


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 2: HP 14/19; AC 15, FF14, T11; Init +7; Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3; CMD: 15 Perception +6; Arcane Pool 3/3

What a bummer. I expected something more.

He then moves to Cavenn and Saira What do you need?


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1
Quote:
He then moves to Cavenn and Saira What do you need?

Cavenn looks at the magi and his new sword as he walks over. "Can you tell anything about this pool or the water in it? Saira and I cannot."


LN F Elven Alchemist (Bramble Brewer/Preservationist) 2 | Mods: Squeezing (-2). | HP: 12/16 | AC 15, Tch 12, Fl 13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: -1; +2 vs Enchant/Poison, Immune Sleep | Speed 30ft | Bombs 6/6 | Elixirs 1st: 3/3 | Perc: +6, SM: -1 | Init: +2
Spell-Like:
Each 1/day Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic

"Well...if we came back tomorrow I could give it a go." remarks Tessa as she moves towards the pool. "Alas, we may have to find one more bookish to determine the nature."

Turning, she saunters back into the room where the strange beast and sword had been discovered. Pointing to the remaining door, she inquires "Anyone know what's in there?"

Listening intently for a moment, she smiles. "I can tell you with near certainty...it is in fact a door and not a window."

Mechanics
[dice=Perception:
1d20+6[/dice]


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 2: HP 14/19; AC 15, FF14, T11; Init +7; Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3; CMD: 15 Perception +6; Arcane Pool 3/3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

I guess I discover nothing, but I'll wait until the gm says something.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:
Quote:
Snyk, do you want to to see if there are any valuables left in there that we can't see by chance?

not especially

but he does so anyway
look for secret doors: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Saira looks at the pool a little more. I suppose we can always look into it more later. Doesn't seem to be anything bursting out of it to kill us at the moment. I really should have paid more attention in my Spells class, I guess.


Farmageddon

Eydor: You guessed it, you discover nothing.

Snyk: You also find nothing, no secret doors.

I will also allow a K(History) check on the pool if anyone has it trained. It's a high check though, so don't be disappointed. That seems to be most of this room. I'll go ahead and tell you guys that the door that is south west of were Tessa is currently standing leads to another closet similar to the one previously found. So, what's the next step?


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Cavenn nods to Saira's suggestion. "You're right. We can always come back later. I thought we would be able to find something else interesting or significant in here."

Cavenn then renews his Light spell on his holy symbol, straps his wooden shield onto his arm and pulls out his morningstar. He hefts it, checking the balance with a few quick swings. "Right then. Shall we proceed?" He then heads back down the hallway from whence the group came.


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness nods, relieved to know that something is happening.

"Proceed!" he answers with deep conviction.


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

Saira waits for the rest of the party to follow Cavenn and brings up the rear.


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

Snyk takes Harnesses 'Proceed' as instruction.
He runs down the hallway behind Cavenn.


Farmageddon

So you all retrace your steps. You find yourselves once again just south of the room with the large statue in it (B3). You can proceed north from there into that room; you can see that it has exits in all 4 cardinal directions. Or you can head back south towards B2 and the strange sound and then go towards B1 where there was another natural tunnel headed north.


Female Human Cleric 2, INIT +1, AC 17 TOUCH 11 FF 16, HP 20, FORT +5 REF +1 WILL +7, PERC +5, Channel 1d6 5/day

So where to now? Left or right? Saira is a little impatient after the last room proved rather fruitless (at least in her opinion).


Male Half Orc| HP 14/15 | Init+2; Per+7 | Current AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +4, R +6, W +7| B. Performance rounds: 5/5 Bit of Luck 5/5 Inquisitor (Heretic) of Desna 1/Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Cavenn suggests we head back and check the room we passed that had the noise. If no one objects, he heads that way. Stuck on my phone today; can someone move Cavenn to the entrance where the noise is coming from?


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

moved
Snyk follows Cavenn unsure about the significance of a noise, but oh well.


Male designation Warforged Fighter 1/Warpriest 1 HP 21/21; DR 2/adamantine; AC 20/11/FF19; Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +1; Init +1; Per -1; Spd 20 ft. CMB +5 CMD 16

Harness, still chortling quietly about his friend Snyk, the wit, follows dutifully.


Farmageddon

You can all enter into the room with no issue. The sound of footsteps still repeats in the room, the steady tread seeming to pace back and forth. No visible footprints are made in the dust, and only your own tracks seem to cross the floor.

What would you all like to do here?


conditions: none Ratfolk U.Rogue (Knife Master) 2: HP 17/17; AC18, T15, FF14; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; CMD 14: Perception +5:

What could be making that sound?
Know: Dungeon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Know: Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Farmageddon

This detail would be a K(Arcana)

701 to 750 of 1,235 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sphen's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.