GM Silbeg's Gallows of Madness (Inactive)

Game Master Silbeg

Round to advance, 11 Mar 2019, 12:00 CDT (UDT-5)


1,251 to 1,284 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female Garundi human slayer 3 | HP: 31/31| AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +6, W +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Atrix shuffles next to the foul thing readying her blades to strike.

Attack!: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20 Attack!: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 25

Damage! plus Sneak Attack Damage!: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + (2) = 12 Damage! plus Sneak Attack Damage!: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + (2) = 14

the extra plus on for the second attack is if the first attack lands as I can apply my studied target bonus if I deal sneak attack damage


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

First, Filk's coin strikes but does slightly deflects. Then, Atrix strikes twice.

Finally, the creature goes down!

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Bard 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 17 (13 Tch) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +5 W: +3 (+4 Bard, +2 linguis/glyph/rune) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Diplo: +10 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Dailies: 8/18 Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: TripleTime

Angry gnome punches him 3 or 4 more times.


Male N Human (Garundi) Kineticist | HP: 37/37 (3NL) +4 tmp | AC: 18 (13 Tch,15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: Force ward

Groaning, Filk uses his powers to lift a table in the air, and then smashes it on the motionless creature.

"And stay down!"

He draws a deep breath, clearly exhausted from the battle.

"What was it? And what were you talking, FiJeet? Did you know that ... thing?"

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Bard 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 17 (13 Tch) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +5 W: +3 (+4 Bard, +2 linguis/glyph/rune) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Diplo: +10 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Dailies: 8/18 Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: TripleTime

Fijeet sits down... "upstairs.. i thought... the voice in my head wanted help... a helpless boy.."


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

Oops... missed some color text...

Moments ago
Despite his grievous injuries, the mustached man is still grinning. “You think that is enough to stop me? You have to—” He stops mid-sentence as his obese form shudders. With a ripping sound, his flesh peels off, revealing fatheaded man-sized worm, which utters in a gurgling voice, “Try harder.”

Now

You now stand in what appears to be a records room of some sort. On the table, the PCs find drawings and diagrams of some sort of portal, showing a vermlek stepping through what looks very much like the sacrificial pit in the adjacent room. Wormgnash’s notes—written in Abyssal—suggest that he believed he was very close to a breakthrough that would have ripped a tiny interdimensional hole here that would have allowed several of his vermlek brethren to join him on the Material Plane. The PCs also find a rough map of Saringallow with arrows and drawings of mites scribbled on it. It indicates that the fiendish fey were soon to attack the town in order to obtain bodies for the
vermleks to inhabit.

There are six cabinets in the room, each full of documents. The shelves are neatly labeled, and you can easily find the missing records in the cabinet in the northeast corner of the room.
northeast corner of the room.

This takes a few minutes, in which time you can also heal up.


Male N Human (Garundi) Kineticist | HP: 37/37 (3NL) +4 tmp | AC: 18 (13 Tch,15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: Force ward

"So is all the trouble around here because of this thing? I mean the goo and the crazed gobbos?"

Filk presents his healing wand to FiJeet to operate.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 =>11/34
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 =>13/34
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 =>16/34
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 =>22/34
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 =>24/34
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 =>28/34
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 =>34/34

Then he just waits while his more booky friends go through the cabinets. They like that stuff, so let them handle it.


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

Valerka kicks the body and nods to Filk. Just to be safe, sha says, she drains the last bit of health from the corpse.


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

Valerka moves towards the shelves, rolling her eyes that no one else does.
She quickly finds all of the records that you will need to report back to the mayor, but as she does, the walls begin to shake. It is apparent, that something has happened to the building, as the walls and ceiling have rapidly aged since the creature was felled... Portions of the ceiling
begin to crumble, and small tremors ripple throughout the basement.

You must hurry to escape! A powerful tremor shakes the basement, causing cabinets to topple.
Reflex to dodge, strength to prop up. Everyone must roll!!!


Male N Human (Garundi) Kineticist | HP: 37/37 (3NL) +4 tmp | AC: 18 (13 Tch,15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: Force ward

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Ah! I don't want to get buried by books. That's just not the way to go!"

Filk shouts in desperation, dodges the falling cabinets and starts running upstairs.

Dark Archive

Female Garundi human slayer 3 | HP: 31/31| AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +6, W +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Oh, s@~#..."

Reflex! not just a Duran Duran song: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Bard 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 17 (13 Tch) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +5 W: +3 (+4 Bard, +2 linguis/glyph/rune) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Diplo: +10 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Dailies: 8/18 Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: TripleTime

"aaaahhhhhhh!!!" Fijeet tries to dodge away

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

As the cabinets fall, Atrix and FiJeet are not able to complete get out of the way.

damage to Atrix: 1d3 ⇒ 2
damage to FiJeet: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

You have 1 round to heal before we move on
Atrix: 4/31 -5 DEX
FiJeet: 9/21 -3 DEX
Filk: 34/34 Temp: 0/3 -3NL [-2 STR, -2CON]
Valerka: 11/16

Grasping Hands: The dying and panicking mites trapped in the demon’s bile web blindly grab at anything they can. To tumble past them, a PC must succeed at an Acrobatics check. To wriggle away from them, a PC
must succeed at an Escape Artist check.

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Bard 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 17 (13 Tch) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +5 W: +3 (+4 Bard, +2 linguis/glyph/rune) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Diplo: +10 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Dailies: 8/18 Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: TripleTime

Fijeet grabs his wand for a quick cure before attempt to dodge...
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 = 19


Male N Human (Garundi) Kineticist | HP: 37/37 (3NL) +4 tmp | AC: 18 (13 Tch,15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: Force ward

"Eep, get off me! "

Acrobatics : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Dark Archive

Female Garundi human slayer 3 | HP: 31/31| AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +6, W +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Atrix attempts to dodge, twist, and turn away from the grasping hands.

Acrobatics!: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

All three of the adventurers manage to avoid the grasping hands!

Again a round available for healing.

Rolling barrels make movement in the flooded cellar difficult.
To dive under them, a PC must succeed at a Constitution check. To slip to the side, a PC must succeed at a Swim check


Male N Human (Garundi) Kineticist | HP: 37/37 (3NL) +4 tmp | AC: 18 (13 Tch,15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: Force ward

"How do I get out of this place?!?"

Constitution: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Bard 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 17 (13 Tch) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +5 W: +3 (+4 Bard, +2 linguis/glyph/rune) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Diplo: +10 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Dailies: 8/18 Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: TripleTime

Fijeet taps Atrix with his wand as they run... clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"keeeeep gooin!"
constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Dark Archive

Female Garundi human slayer 3 | HP: 31/31| AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +6, W +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Atrix dives into the water, determined to avoid the barrels in her way.

Swim!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

f+@$ me....


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

As they attempt to get free, Filk tries to hold his breath, but fails to do so, sputtering as he surfaces and gets bonked on the head by a crate.
1d3 ⇒ 1

FiJeet manages to hold his breath, his anger giving him strength!

Atrix tries to swim, but manages to get herself caught between two crates, momentarily.
1d3 ⇒ 2


Atrix: 5/31 -5 DEX
FiJeet: 9/21 -3 DEX
Filk: 33/34 Temp: 0/3 -3NL [-2 STR, -2CON]

Another moment to heal, if needed

The precarious stairs leading out of the basement are falling apart. To scramble up them, a PC must succeed at a Climb check. To tread carefully, a PC must succeed at a Perception check.

Dark Archive

Female Garundi human slayer 3 | HP: 31/31| AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +6, W +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Atrix pauses at the top of the stairs. Her training bubbles up and she studies the well for the best possible path of escape.

weird. the dice roller is not working. hmm

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Bard 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 17 (13 Tch) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +5 W: +3 (+4 Bard, +2 linguis/glyph/rune) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Diplo: +10 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Dailies: 8/18 Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: TripleTime

Fijeet helps Atrix out of the water, taps his wand again on her as they continue fleeing.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Climnb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder
Atrix Vernasai wrote:

Atrix pauses at the top of the stairs. Her training bubbles up and she studies the well for the best possible path of escape.

weird. the dice roller is not working. hmm

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male N Human (Garundi) Kineticist | HP: 37/37 (3NL) +4 tmp | AC: 18 (13 Tch,15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: Force ward

Filk rubs his wounded head and climbs out from the water. The way up is ahead, but the stairs looks dangerous. Filk carefully studies where he can safely put his feet.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male N Human (Garundi) Kineticist | HP: 37/37 (3NL) +4 tmp | AC: 18 (13 Tch,15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: Force ward

Should we try and finish this?


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

Sorry...

While Atrix picks out a safe route, both Filk and FiJeet manage to put their feet through rotten boards.
FIJeet: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Filk: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Atrix: 10/31 -5 DEX
FiJeet: 8/21 -3 DEX
Filk: 30/34 Temp: 0/3 -3NL [-2 STR, -2CON]

A stream of frenzied rats blocks the way out. To herd them away, you must succeed at a Knowledge (nature) or Handle Animal check. To tough out the situation and wade through the rats, you must succeed at a Fortitude saving throw.


Male N Human (Garundi) Kineticist | HP: 37/37 (3NL) +4 tmp | AC: 18 (13 Tch,15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: Force ward

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

There was plenty of rats where Filk grew up, so he isn't afraid of them. Even dozens of frenzied ones. So he closes his eyes, and starts to wade through them.

Dark Archive

Female Garundi human slayer 3 | HP: 31/31| AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +6, W +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Atrix is determined to walk through blood. Rat blood.

Fortitude!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Bard 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 17 (13 Tch) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +5 W: +3 (+4 Bard, +2 linguis/glyph/rune) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Diplo: +10 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Dailies: 8/18 Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: TripleTime

"Shoo... Shoo rats. FLEEEEE"

handle animal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

The Pathfinders make their way out of the kitchen into the courtyard, just in time to see the entire manor collapse upon itself! It is clear that this was not just an old building collapsing, but there was some otherworldly magic involved... magic you would assume was released with the death of vermlak that was inhabiting the merchant's body.

You can now make your way back to the town, and this time the travel is relatively without incident.

Make your report to the mayor, and we are done... finally!

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Bard 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 17 (13 Tch) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +5 W: +3 (+4 Bard, +2 linguis/glyph/rune) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Diplo: +10 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Dailies: 8/18 Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: TripleTime

"So mr. mayor. I gotta tell ya that that haunted house was nuts! But we took care of that last Sarini no problem... butlordohmyweretherealotofrediculousmitesandthatgodsawefulmoldthatjustmakes youwanttoscreamattheheavens" Fijeet looks very frustrated in his retelling.. as if getting out some pent up feeling within... he is slowly increasing his movements with air drumming...
"wekilledtthemitesfoughtinsidewithalibrayrandsomecoolbrokenfurniturebutthen THEN!!!!theSariniTRICKEDMEpretendingtobeachildghostwithnomemoryandwasactual lyaBADMANpretendingandjusttrickingmeintotalkingtohimaboutnusandusingitagain stus!"

"AAAARRGGH"

Fijeet seems unable to continue his tale in his anger and frustration.


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

Mayor Sandra Trinelli listens to FiJeet's increasingly frantic recount. She turns to Filk and Atrix, "Yes... so there were mites, and a bad man? What about this mold?"

1,251 to 1,284 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Gallows of Madness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.