GM Rednal's Jade Regent

Game Master Rednal

Ravenscrag - Cliff Level
Ravenscrag - Prison Level
Party Loot


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,376 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

Taka falls to his knees, and quickly closes the box as all of this rushes to his mind. Overwhelmed at first he bends and takes deep breath lifting his eyes back up to meet the box.

"What? Did the two of you feel any of that? I had no idea. None of my research revealed any of this. My sister an empress? We need to take this to her. Perhaps it can cure what ever makes her slumber."

He then stands and picks the box up moving it to his pack.

"I will carry if for now. Have you had any luck with the other chest Shutai?"


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

Aleksson stumbled back once the visions ends. "Yes, I... there... this isn't right. Such visions could not have been meant for me." He found the revelations disturbing, but the fact that they had chosen him even more so. He sets to work on a chest, silent for a moment before quietly murmering, "I hope this box can help your sister find health, Taka... but I doubt it."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Shutai knelt, staggered by the implications of what they had seen. "We all saw that, then. I suggest keeping the Seal within the box for now. Something of that importance...I suspect the reason many of the things in the castle are here is to guard or to find it, and the longer it is out of the box the more chance there is of Divination Magic finding it." Shutai had no idea if the Seal would help Ameiko, but hoped it would do so.

But, once the chests were opened...kneeling, Shutai attempted to open the other. "If we had the strength, I would suggest taking the chests, too. But alas, I suppose they aren't worth much without keys..."

Disabled Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


The latch on the chest Aleksson was working on didn't so much as budge - but after a few seconds, there was a click sound and Shutai managed to open the other. Inside are three items - a talisman shaped like a wolf on the hunt, a silver talisman shaped like a two-tailed fox, and a slender katana.

You receive the following items! Although dormant at the moment, these items will soon attune themselves to you and start to display their true power, for they each gain new powers as you increase in level. ...Also, before anyone asks, the other chest is empty. XD

Aleksson:
The Huntsman's Talisman
Description: This talisman is a potent item, created by an ancient huntsman to aid him in tracking beasts. It's not known who created it, but it's been known to appear those who have great hunts in mind and aid them on their way...
Item Slot: Wrist
Omen: Auditory (When its powers are activated, the Huntsman's Talisman makes a sound like that of the creature they most want to hunt - but it is distinctly from the item, and never mistaken for the real thing)
Abilities:
5th: Creature Compass (Su): While holding, wearing, or wielding the item, you can detect any one type or subtype of creature within 60 feet, but you must concentrate (a standard action) to do so. You ignore any damage reduction of the specified creature when attacking it (whether with the item, if a weapon, or with some other weapon, unarmed attack, or natural weapon, provided you are wearing or otherwise using the item). Choose the creature type or subtype when you first acquire this ability.
6th: Deflection (Su): The item grants you a +1 deflection bonus to Armor Class. This ability can never be placed on a suit of armor or a shield.
8th: Cure Moderate Wounds, Self (Sp): Once per day as a swift action, you can use cure moderate wounds as the spell on yourself when holding, wearing, or wielding the item. (CL 7th)
10th: Web (Sp): Three times per day on command, you can use web as the spell. The save DC is 13, or 12 + your Charisma modifier, whichever is higher. (CL 7th)
11th: Cunning (Su): While you are holding, wearing, or wielding the item, you are never flat-footed.
12th: Haste (Su): Your legacy item speeds up your perception of time. While you are holding, wearing, or wielding the item, you can activate haste for 1 round as a swift action, as though wearing boots of speed. You can use this ability up to five times per day.
13th: Mirror Image (Sp): Three times per day on command, you can use mirror image as the spell. (CL 10th)
15th: Cure Critical Wounds, Self (Sp): Once per day as a swift action, you can use cure critical wounds as the spell on yourself when holding, wearing, or wielding the item. (CL 11th)
16th: Stoneskin (Sp): Once per day, when you issue the command word and gesture with the item, you gain the benefit of the stoneskin spell. (CL 15th)

Shutai:
Siona's Talisman
Description: This silver talisman is shaped like a two-tailed fox. The words 'For Siona, with all my love' are etched onto the back in Celestial. In addition to its other powers, it can be used as a Focus for divine spells - although it's not entirely clear who's powering it, and no attempts at Divination provide any results.
Item Slot: Hands (Held)
Omen: Visual (Siona's Talisman glows with gentle white light when used)
Abilities:
5th: Deflection (Su): The item grants you a +1 deflection bonus to Armor Class. This ability can never be placed on a suit of armor or a shield.
6th: Metamagic, Lesser (Su): You can apply the effect of one metamagic feat to up to three spells per day that you cast of up to 3rd level. This can be any metamagic feat that normally adjusts a spell’s slot by one level (such as Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, or Silent Spell); choose the specific feat when you first get this ability. Using this legacy ability does not change the spell slot of the altered spell. A spontaneous spellcaster (such as a sorcerer) must still take a full-round action when using this ability, just as if using a metamagic feat she possessed.
8th: Deflection (Su): The deflection bonus to AC granted by the item increases by 1, to a maximum of +2. This ability can never be placed on a suit of armor or a shield.
10th: Summon Monster III (Sp): Once per day when you issue the command word and gesture with the item, you can use summon monster III as the spell. (CL 7th)
11th: Dismissal (Sp): Once per day, when you issue the command word and gesture with the item, you can force a creature to return to its native plane, as the dismissal spell. The base save DC is 16, or 14 + your Charisma modifier, whichever is higher. Add your character level to this number and subtract the target creature’s HD to determine the final save DC. (CL 10th)
12th: Metamagic (Su): You can apply the effect of one metamagic feat to up to three spells per day that you cast of up to 6th level. This can be any metamagic feat that normally adjusts a spell’s slot by one level, such as Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, or Silent Spell; choose the specific feat when you first acquire this ability. Using this legacy ability does not change the spell slot of the altered spell. A spontaneous spell caster (such as a sorcerer) must still take a full-round action when using this ability, just as if using a metamagic feat he possessed. You cannot use this ability if you cannot already cast spells.
15th: Contingency (Su): Once per day, you can place a spell on yourself that triggers automatically on a trigger condition you specify, as though using the contingency spell.
16th: Spell Turning (Sp): Once per day, when you issue the command word and gesture with the item, you gain the ability to reflect spells back at a foe, as the spell turning spell. (CL 15th)

Taka:
Onislayer
Description: This curved katana is an old relic of the Amatatsu. Though long dormant, and thus abandoned by the family, it seems to have reawakened at Taka's touch...
Item Slot: Hands (Weapon)
Omen: Visual (Onislayer glows blue on one side and red on the other whenever one of its abilities is activated)
Abilities:
5th: Weapon Enhancement: Your weapon gains an enhancement bonus of +1. If you (or someone you can find) has the feat to Craft Magic Arms and Armor (or another way of crafting magic items), they can craft additional special abilities onto the weapon, but not enhancement bonuses. The total value of special abilities from any source cannot exceed +5.
7th: Weapon Enhancement (Su): The enhancement bonus of a weapon increases by 1, to a maximum of +2. You can instead choose any special ability whose market price is equivalent to a +1 bonus, such as flaming. If you choose a special ability, you can have the weapon crafted to improve it up to the maximum enhancement allowed by this ability. (This holds true for all future Weapon Enhancement effects.)
9th: Speed Enhancement +10 (Su): The item increases the speed of one of your modes of movement by 10 feet. Choose the specific movement mode when assigning this ability to the item. You can’t add this bonus to a form of movement you don’t already have (for example, if you don’t have a fly speed, this ability can’t give you one). Treat this adjustment as an enhancement bonus.
10th: Invisibility (Su): Once per day, when you issue the command word and gesture with the item, you become invisible. This works like the invisibility spell. (CL 5th)
11th: Weapon Enhancement (Su): The enhancement bonus of a weapon increases by 1, to a maximum of +3. You can instead choose any special ability whose market price is equivalent to a +1 bonus, such as flaming. This ability can be placed only on a weapon.
13th: Weapon Enhancement (Su): The enhancement bonus of a weapon increases by 1, to a maximum of +4. You can instead choose any special ability whose market price is equivalent to a +1 bonus, such as flaming. This ability can be placed only on a weapon.
14th: Onislayer's Legacy (Su): Five times per day as a standard action, you can imbue the item with fire or acid energy. (This does not harm you.) The item deals an extra 5d6 points of damage of that energy type damage on its next successful hit. Alternatively, you can deal 5d6 points of fire or acid damage with a successful melee touch attack; if the item is a melee weapon, use it to make this attack. If the weapon is used this way, the charge of energy is expended whether or not your attack hits.
15th: Haste (Su): Your legacy item speeds up your perception of time. While you are holding, wearing, or wielding the item, you can activate haste for 1 round as a swift action, as though wearing boots of speed. You can use this ability up to five times per day.
16th: Weapon Enhancement (Su): The enhancement bonus of a weapon increases by 2, to a maximum of +6 (and a total item bonus of +11). Instead of increasing the enhancement bonus, you can choose any combination of enhancement bonuses and special abilities whose total market price is equivalent to the effective bonus increase (i.e. one +2 ability, or two +1 abilities).


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

Taka holds the blade in front of him admiring the designing.

"I feel as if it has awakened in my hands. There is something to this blade and this mark is a mark of my family."

He pulls his blade form his belt and moves it onto his back tucked around his backpack as the new blade finds its home now tucked into his belt.

"Quickly now. Let us gather everything and head back to my sister. We can only hope she has awakened. It seems we will need to travel north to the land of ulfen people. If my sister is to become empress we will need to recover the sword sold there."


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

It was a strange moment as Aleksson grasped the wolf-shaped talisman; he had already picked it up and affixed it to his wrist before realizing it. Perhaps I'm mistaken. Am I meant to play a role in the Amatatsu tale? If so, what?

He cleared his throat. "I found my way here from the Lands of the Linnorm Kings after burying my father. I spent little time in Kalsgard, but my time in the area led me to know the Ulfen men. They are a rough people, but they understand kinship and honor; they will help us locate Shuishen." Nodding to Taka's direction, he agreed, "Let's."


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

"If Ameiko wishes the title, I will help." The Kitune he;d the strange pendant to the light, aware that she, too, now had multiple tails...although she realized with a small start that she had gained a third. Where in Arseha's name did another come from? Still, she could feel the gift it granted, in the back of her mind.

"I am ready," she added, preparing to finally return to camp.


As was often the case, getting out was a lot easier than getting in - and with your treasures in tow, the three of you were able to make your way up the stairs and out of the castle. Outside Brinewall, the camp was looking much more cheerful now - thanks in to small part to the fact that Ameiko was not only awake, but walking around... and she waved cheerfully as she saw you.

"Don't know exactly how you did it... but whatever it was, it'd be worth free drinks for life back in the Inn." she said cheerfully. "Maybe I'll one-up that in Minkai and just order everywhere to give you free drinks. Taka, you didn't know about this stuff, did you?"


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

"In all my research I found nothing of this." He approaches and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I am glad you are alright my sister." He then embraces her in a hug for a moment. After he steps back.

"So since you asked I assume you were awakened by the visions as well? Why would father keep such information from us?"


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

While they had their reunion moment, Aleksson stood off to the side. Once that finished, he approached Taka and Ameiko. Though he said nothing, he awkwardly broadcasted his discomfort, shifting in place and looking to Taka and Shutai for one of them to introduce him.


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

Taka takes a moment noticing Aleksson. He shuts his eyes to gain focus as the ancestral spirit leaves his body.

"Forgive my rudeness. Being bound with the spirit changes me a bit. Sister, this is Aleksson. A huntsman that helped me track and save you as you were in slumber when we found you. Aleksson, this is my sister. Ameiko Kaijitsu." He takes a half step back allowing the two to exchange pleasantries.


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

He extended his hand and smiled. "Your brother is a capable warrior despite appearances, and he cares for you deeply. I am happy to see your health returned." To both of them, he asked, "Will you still go Kaijitsu, or shall you be reclaiming your old name now? Shutai and I also witnessed these visions; we know your heritage."


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

"Forgive me sister if I overstep but I believe the name to be hidden for a reason. It seems our family was hunted by these Oni. It would be safe to stay hidden until a proper time. At that proper time our heritage will become known and I will have the privilege of seeing you sit upon the throne as empress, but for now I say we keep the name Kaijitsu."


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

"I am glad you are well, Ameiko. Forgive me if I sit, it has been...a long day." Shutai sat on the ground, adjusting the mask she wore.

Shutai considered, and added, "From the messages we have received, I am not sure your father was aware of your heritage any more than you were. Perhaps your Grandfather sought to hide him from your families enemies by making him unaware he was a crown prince, and therefore unlikely to act as such." The Kitsune considered the second question, too. "Another argument to keep Kaijitsu for the time being, at least."


"True." Ameiko said, tapping her chin with one finger as she firmly shook Aleksson's hand. "Heck if I know exactly what all of that was about... maybe the sword knows...? Well, it's on the way, so we can probably make a stop, because darn straight I want to claim my birthright." She put her hand back on her hip, frowning slightly. "None of you signed on for a trip all the way to Minkai." she said after a few moments. "I'm going to go there no matter what, but if any of you want to go back to Sandpoint first, maybe stay there instead of coming, I won't mind. We can take the Caravan back. It's a long journey, and you'd be leaving everyone and everything behind if you came - maybe forever. But if you do come..." here, she grinned again. "We're going to have the kind of adventure the history books will never forget."


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Glancing in Koya's direction, Shutai replied, "Everything I need is here. I am with you."


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

"Fair reasoning." Regarding the trip, Aleksson responded, "My destination is home to Hongal, and I would have followed you at least as far. Destiny was highly regarded by my father, however: if the visions are any indication, my place in those books will be to see your journey though, Ameiko." The past cannot be changed, but taking up the mantle of a protector for forgotten royal blood? Maybe my honor could be reclaimed after all.


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

"I am with you my sister. I believe it best to leave father and brother behind, still int he dark. This should keep them safe. I know you have distanced yourself from them. Perhaps we can send for them when this is all done and you sit the throne." He smiles and bows.

"Ameiko I know you have had enough sleep for days as of recent, but we need rest before moving out as you say this will be an adventure and from what the books tell me on such there are many pitfalls along the way. We should rest and prepare ourselves."


"Can't say I'm looking forward to more sleep right now... but I understand." Ameiko sighed. "It sounds like a plan, then. I'll talk to the others - bet I can convince all of them to go with us to Kalsgard, and head back from there or continue on with us."

You're welcome to go ahead and rest for a night - and the NPCs of the caravan are available for conversations, if you'd like.


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Tired, but still mobile, Shutai went to see Koya, and reported the shrine of Desna that she had seen outside the castle. Koya might wish to do something with it, as Desna was her patron.


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

Aleksson first checked on his animals, storing some of his gear among Stid's saddle bags, and then made a point to seek out Kelda. He did so looking for conversation, but came across more as some kind of representative of Ameiko's. "Ameiko says caravan's going to Kalsgard... and eventually to Minkai. Will you be joining us?" Unsure what to do with his hands, they remained stiffly at his side.


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

Taka spends the evening in meditation. Pouring through the books he had read trying to think if there had been mentions of any of this that he somehow missed in all of his study. Soon after he heads to sleep for the night.


In all of Taka's books, there'd been no mention of Brinewall as a place special to the Kaijitsu family - a purposeful omission, it seemed. Kelda, on the other hand, seemed quite willing to go at least as far as Kalsgard - nothing that she was quite comfortable in such lands, although it'd be a shame about her ship. Still, given the beasts in the waters... it was probably for the best. Koya, on the other hand, seemed quite keen on the shrine - only to let out a yelp as something tiny and buzzing blurred around the shrine.


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Tired, Shutai looked around. She had no wish for another battle, but would defend Koya to the death and beyond. "Peace! My foster-mother comes to worship at the Shrine of the Tender of Dreams, and we have no ill will to any here." The Kitsune raised her hands, to show they held no weapons. "I am Shutai. This is Koya. We are both spellcasters, and while I am not a dedicant of Mother Moon, I respect her teachings."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

Aleksson nodded, satisfied with the answer. He hung around a little longer to let the conversation develop naturally from there... when it doesn't, he bade Kelda good night, and spent an hour recreating the decapus with his watercolors before settling down for sleep.

Craft (painting): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 It looks like a splotchy blob with tentacles! Which is an accurate enough assessment, I suppose...


The buzzing creature came to a stop, revealing a small, butterfly-winged creature. Koya blinked a few times as it flew right up into her face, then Shutai's. "Huh. At least you're not enough of a lump to draw a blade." She whirled around Shutai's body a few times. "I'm Spivey! And you're... hmm, you're one of the biggies who killed that ugly thing in the castle, aren't you? What'cha doin' here, anyway?"


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Watching the little creature fly, Shutai noted the butterfly wings, and starknives. Likely some kind of worshipper or servant of Desna. "Yes, my friends destroyed...whatever that creature was. We came here because a friend of mine recieved a letter, promising to reveal more of her heritage. When she fell ill we entered the castle in the hopes of finding a cure, which we did. I'm afraid I can't say more about it than that."


"Bah, secrets. The Great Dreamer sees them anyway." Spivey answered. "What'cha planning to do now, then? I might hitch a ride. No worshipers of Lady Luck here, and I'm gonna get bored just fending off rats and stuff until more people stop by."


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Sorry, I assumed I had posted this already.

"We head to the North," Shutai replied, "To a place named Kalsgard. Beyond that, I am not certain. Perhaps far to the East. It should still be an interesting journey, however."


Spivey visibly considered this for a few moments.

"Well, journeys are always more interesting than staying put. Right, then - let's go!" She buzzed around Shutai one more time, then plopped down on the kitsune's head and seemed perfectly content to hitch a ride that way. Returning to camp, Shutai was able to briefly explain the situation and introduce your new traveling companion, although the excitement was tempered somewhat by the fact that it was getting late and a number of people were already settled down for the night. The morning dawned bright and early, and after getting everything stowed away, the caravan rolled out.

How would each of you like to spend your time on this stage of the journey?


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Shutai spent the journey cooking, helping with the provisions and serving as a healer along with Koya.


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

So assuming we are using the relationship rules? I get to know one of Ameiko's Gifts category as she is my trait.

Taka will spend his time acting as a Hero and Guard. He will spend time with his sister excited to finally be on an adventure with her and strengthening their relationship. He will take interest in Shalelu as she is close with his sister and he has always admired her as well. He will go competitive with Sandru and not really spend time with Koya.

Added starting scores to sheet.


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

Aleksson spent the majority of the trip serving as a scout, and otherwise tending to any injured or upset animals. He focused heavily on work, which incidentally meant he spent a lot of the journey coordinating with Shalelu.

Wherein he had the spare time, he would speak to Koya and Shutai both, seeking to learn about their deities and what their relationship to their god meant to them. He interacted with Ameiko and Sandru as they sought him out, but made no special effort on his part. In his private moments, he spent time water coloring, creating portraits of caravan personalities and landscapes of the sights they passed.


*Coughs* Actually, not using the Relationship rules. It's, uh, a layer of added complication that doesn't translate well to PbP games.

???: 3d20 ⇒ (18, 19, 6) = 43

As the caravan moves northward, your eyes eventually spot a raven following you that seems to be a bit larger than normal - about the size of a small dog. It never gets too close, but you spy it every few days along the road north.

???: 3d20 ⇒ (13, 8, 1) = 22

Some 300 miles north of Brinewall, after a stop at Losthome for supplies, you're camping for the night not far from a river - and deep at night, you hear the quiet sound of an oar being put into an oarlock out on the river. Fortunately, your weapons were close at hand... armor, not so much, not this late.

You may take 1 round's worth of actions.


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

So I get we are alerted by something, but not sure what to do with my round of actions beside observe. Do we see something that is threatening us that would make us prepare for battle? If so Taka would cast summon eidolon.

Taka alerted grabs his blade as he stands from his rest looking on deciding if he needs to call on his honorable ancestral spirit.


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Shutai rose to her feet, and cast her protective magics in readiness for...whatever was coming. Most likely some kind of bandits with a boat for an easier getaway with a larger haul. They would regret it.


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

Aleksson drew his bow, knocked an arrow, and took cover behind the nearest wagon.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 | Not sure what other features of the terrain are besides 'near a river,' so if it's mountainous, +2, if it's cold, +4. I've struck through fortification because I'm not wielding my shield.


The sounds of night are muted amid the freezing fog that clings to blankets, cloaks, and Varisian mustachios alike. The dull silence is suddenly broken by the scrape of wood upon the gravel bank of the river —a boat has beached just beneath the bridge — quickly followed by the splash of feet in the shallows and the oath-cries and battle-songs of Ulfen raiders!

Just a few seconds later, they erupted out of the fog - some forty warriors with axes in hand, twelve of which angled towards the three of you. The others were spreading out, angling for the rest of the caravan - although to help anyone else, you were going to have to deal with those closer to you.

Init (Raiders): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Init (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Init (Shutai): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Init (Taka): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Rather unfortunately, Taka was the only one fast enough to react to their sudden charge...

The raiders are a Move Action away from melee range. Also, please have just one Init in your quick reference bar - the one that we should actually use. XD


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

The two init are for if the eidolon is present or not. It will matter more as the eidolon's dex improves and the gap is bigger. Like here if Taka would have not summoned it then the mod would have been the lesser value.

Round 1

WIth his ancestral spirit bringing strength to his form, Taka charges forward drawing the Oni Slayer as he goes.

"What is this. They seem intent on killing us. Make ready."


Swift: Arcane Strike
Move: Draw Blade
Standard: Attack

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 8 + (6) = 22Snak Attack triggered due to going first and they still being flat footed. This will trigger studied target on him as well as an immediate action.

Current AC/Spells/Conditions: AC:19 / Summon Eidolon (38/40 rounds)


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Staring coldly, Shutai hurled a Snowball to punch a whole through the strangers.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Snowball: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 5, 3) = 16


Darting forward, Taka managed to cut into one of the men, dropping him with the powerful blow. Shutai struck one with a snowball a moment later, but he managed to endure it... and then the wave was upon you. About half of them went for Taka, who'd darted out to meet them - the rest broke into groups that maneuvered towards Shutai and Aleksson.

Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Melee (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Melee (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Melee (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Melee (Shutai): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Melee (Shutai): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Melee (Shutai): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

Animus Gained: 4
+1 Maneuver @ Start: 1d4 ⇒ 1 | eldritch shield

Aleksson wheeled back from the incoming blows. He dropped his hand from the bowstring and lashed out from his side with a fiery blade.

Spark Strike
| | -2 animus for +4 to d20 rolls
| | Mwk Wakizashi: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 Ah fer cryin' out loud.
| | Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
| | Fire Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Turn Actions:
Free action to draw wakizashi, standard action to initiate spark strike.

Maneuver Gained: 1d3 ⇒ 3 | temporal burn


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

So I picture the engagement to look like this for Taka.

xxx
-tx
--x

Round 2
So Taka is the T and they are the X. They could easily move like this so Taka does not get an AoO. I assume they did. I just posted the reference to show Taka is going to take a 5' diagonal back to get out of there threat and cast Haste on the three of us as I should be 25' from the Aleksson and Shutai.


Free: 5'
Move: Study one of them
Standard: Cast Haste: 4 round duration.

Current AC/Spells/Conditions: AC:20 / Summon Eidolon(37/40 rounds), Haste(4/4 rounds)


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Shutai grunted as the blows struck home, before taking a step to get room for casting and threw a second spell.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 2, 3) = 18


A second what spell, Shutai? o wo ...Actually, I totally know that it's a Snowball, but one should always specify.

Aleksson's strike was... rather less than accurate as his opponent leaned away from the blow, while Taka was busy casting a spell over himself. Shutai flung out a second snowball a moment later, managing to do just enough damage to drop the man. The others continued their assault, carefully stepping inwards to get back into range. Meanwhile, you could see the other members of the camp fighting their own opponents - Ameiko and Shalelu seemed to be doing just fine, while Spivey and Kelda were providing solid support. They were being pressed, but didn't look like they were in immediate danger of crumbling.

Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Melee (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Melee (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Melee (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Melee (Shutai): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Melee (Shutai): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
*Snrk*

Crit Confirm (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


M Human Prodigy 7//Ranger (skimirsher, warden) 7 | HP: 74/74 | AC/T/FF: 19/14/15 | F/R/W: +6/+9/+8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | Defense: Fortification 25% | Init: +5, Perception: +13
Resource Tracking:
Sequence: 0 of 6 | Focus: Yes | SP: 13/13 | Hunter’s Trick: 6/6 | Improved Adaptation: 6/6
Status Effects:
Improved Adaptation: | Imbue: | Steady Skill: Survival

Animus Gained: +2 (initiated maneuver last round)

Stopwatch (Autohypnosis) vs DC 23: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
The axes cut towards Aleksson, and time took a breath. Trying to snap back before the attack, he looked down to see his blood already advancing across the curved heads of the weapons. Too late, he realized, and he let out a stiff grunt as he dipped back into the timestream.

Round 2
Firey glyphs chased down his allies, emboldening their aim and his own. He then channeled the futile temporal energy along his wakizashi's edge instead to exchange blood for blood.

Temporal Burn
| | -2 animus for +4 to d20 rolls
| | Mwk Wakizashi (+ animus + elemental glyph): 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 4 + 1 = 28
| | Piercing Damage (+ Reaching Blade Stance): 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (3) = 13
| | Untyped Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) = 8

Turn Actions:
Stopwatch as an immediate action, elemental glyph of fire and -1 animus as a move action, and temporal burn as a standard action.

Maneuver Gained: 1d2 ⇒ 2 | minute hand
Aleksson, Shutai, and Taka gain +1 to attacks for 4 rounds.


HP: 48/48[[ 60/60+60/60temp ]], AC:10 (Current 28) | T:10(12) | FF:10(22)(Current 26) | F:+7(+11), R:+4(+8), W:+11(+13)(+4vsEnchanments) | Perc:+12(+20Darkvision) | Init:+9(+11)]

Round 3

Now hastened for battle Taka turns the blade against the one he studied first infusing the blade with a touch of magical energy.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Attack 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Current AC/Spells/Conditions: AC:20 / Summon Eidolon(36/40 rounds), Haste(3/4 rounds)


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Sorry. I can't even blame it on being ill, since I'm mostly recovered.

Dodging and ducking, Shutai focused, growing her claws, and swiped back.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Claw 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Mucking with the timestream a bit, Aleksson managed to down the foe he'd targeted. Meanwhile, Takamatsu managed to down one foe and injure another, while Shutai swiped at a third and did a small amount of damage. The ones fighting her grinned, clearly feeling that they were going to have an easier time of it.

Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Melee (Taka): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Melee (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Melee (Aleksson): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Melee (Shutai): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Melee (Shutai): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Melee (Shutai): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Kitsune Seeker Oracle 6 / Tattooed Sorcerer 6| HP: 29/54 | AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5 | BAB: +4, CMB: +5, CMD: 1 |8 Init: +4 | Perception: +10 | Concentration: +9
Oracle Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 1/4
Sorcerer Spell Slots:
1st - Level 5/7 | 2nd Level 6/6 | 3rd Level 2/4

Grunting, frustrated, Shutai backed off once again and waved a hand. This time she had no interest in attacking. She waved her hand at the one that had struck her. "Kill."

Murderous Command - DC 18 Will Save or he attacks his own closest ally.

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,376 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rednal's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.