GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


9,751 to 9,800 of 10,988 << first < prev | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | next > last >>

Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 16

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 91/91
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Haste, Blessing of Fervor

Cupola Guys Waitin'...:

Pent looks a little relieved as Ezer disappears, if only for the moment. "That dude's huge. Can't imagine what it must have been like, trapped in that Mirror. Also can't imagine how excited he must be to have his fangs back..."

The gnome lowers his Carpet, and pokes Otah. "You might need a little more wallop in your whacks." Cast Bull's Strength(+4), 12 minutes


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Aldebert moves to the stairs, kiting his brother along. Otah readies for battle, even as it goes up in smoke in front of him. Pent makes sure the dwarf is somewhat stronger, given the size of the foe. Mahdi does something, somewhere. Amiamble finds comfort in remaining at his brother's side.

Moments later, Mahdi returns to the top of the stairs, reuniting with his companions.

At this very moment, a great billowing column of fog erupts behind the halfling brothers, cutting off the dwarf and gnome, lost to sight.

Spellcraft DC 19:

This new effect is a Solid Fog Cloud. It will obscure all sight beyond 5'(Total Concealment), while providing Partial Concealment if only separated by 5'. Only a Severe Wind will disperse this obstruction. You may only move at half-speed, and take -2 penalties to attack and damage rolls, and no 5'-steps.

Roll20 Map has been updated. Passing through the Fog, you'll soon find your movement slowed to half speed, and it won't allow 5'steps. Nothing is visible beyond 5', providing Total Concealment.

Otah, Pent:

Ezer descends from around the dome of the cupola, taking position 10' above the floor. He doesn't seem happy, as he looks you two over, and doesn't seem to find what he's looking for.

"Where's your thief friend? I will find him eventually."

Amiamble, Aldebert, Mahdi:

Beyond the fog at the top of the stairs, you can hear Ezer's voice intone.

"Where's your thief friend? I will find him eventually."

Round 2
Aldebert- 5
...
Round 3
Otah- 19
Pent- 16
Mahdi- 14
Amiamble- 11
Ezer- 8 (-106hp)

The Party is up!

Party Buffs
Haste- 11/10 Rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 11 Rounds


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 5

Status:
HP: 108/124 (9 won’t heal)
AC: 31 (F28/T13) (included: magic vestment +3, barkskin +5)(not included: +4 to AC vs Ezer from smite)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Magic Vestment (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Hasted, Smite (Ezer)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +12/+7/+2, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 1/4 (Swift, +4 attack, +12 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 9, concentration +13, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Endure Elements
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Good Hope
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 63/65 (DR 5/evil) AC: 29 (F24/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 13 CMD: 26 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Resist Energy Fire (30, 1/40m), Shield Companion (+1 AC, +1 saves included)(1/9h)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +10 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +7, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Back up the stairs:
Aldebert swears again for the third time in as many rounds. He turns Gretiem and moves him back up through the pea-souper searching for the source of the voice.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 to try and follow the voice. I know it’s a long shot…

He fumbles through the fog, searching it thoroughly (double move plus haste = 110' total movement)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 3

Ami and Yeen spin at the sound of the voice, plunging into the fog. They try to find a way through.

"Brother, is it there?

Double moving to sound of voice.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3, Init 16

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 91/91
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Hasted, Blessing of Fervor

Blessing of Fervor for +2s, attack/AC/Reflex

"Ezer's over here, and he's got a grumpy gaze going!!"

Pent immediately soars up and over the dwarf, in both selfless gesture of getting out of Otah's way, and taking shelter behind the much-more-highly-qualified fighter.

"We'll just let you... confront Ezer... greataxe to greatblade, should it come to that... yeaaah..."

Blessing of Fervor
You're able to take your pick of the following:
--Increase its speed by 30 feet.
--Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
--Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
--Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
--Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle
Pent wrote:
"We'll just let you... confront Ezer... greataxe to greatblade, should it come to that... yeaaah..."

The dwarf shakes his head as he analyzes what just happened.

Having felt Zenzirad strike less effectively than experienced with the natives of the City of Brass, Otah takes the moment of conversation to swap out the glaive with his trusty horsechopper.

Otah takes the bonus +2 to Att/AC/Saves. Move action to stow, Move action to draw.

The dwarf looks at the fog with a shrug, and turns back to Ezer. "Of all gods, why that one?"


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Seeing the fog ahead, Mahdi mutters a low curse. He snatches another golden plate that came so long ago from a bull (well, perhaps not that long ago-- it just seems it) and reads the script upon it, the metal crumbling into dust as he does so.

Freedom of movement upon himself, and a 5-ft step to hug the corridor wall since he expects that Ezer might be able to hear him casting even through the fog


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|
Otah wrote:
"Of all gods, why that one?"

Ezer pauses to consider the dwarf's question, and finds something in it to answer. "Why any of the gods, you might ask. It's their power. His power to Unweave. I can harness that, and use it to my own ends. I loathe the part of me which is human, and I can undo that."

For those he can see below, Ezer strikes out at both, separately. Otah is struck first, a small set of white streaks lay into him. Pent is struck second, the nephilim seeking to negate the gnome's hand in the current affair.

Magic Missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 4, 4) + 5 = 24

Spellcraft DC 20:

Ezer casts Feeblemind, as well as Magic Missile.

Pent, a Will Save DC 19. Failure, and you're reduced to 1 in both Intelligence and Charisma.

As Ezer finishes his pronouncement, the now-familiar red dragon rises up from below the balcony, to hover in place, surveying those it can see in the narrowed space of the balcony.

"Ezer, you have finally shown yourself. Return what you have stolen, and plea to the Grand Vizier for mercy. I will not ask a second time."

As the red dragon finishes his pronouncement, he unleashes a massive gout of flame, which projects out 50', enveloping not only Ezer, but Amiamble and Yeen, Otah, and Pent, as well.

Breath Weapon: 12d10 ⇒ (6, 9, 3, 5, 10, 8, 9, 7, 3, 5, 3, 4) = 72 fire damage, Reflex DC 26 for half damage, or none if you have Evasion

Reflex Save v DC 26, Ezer: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Round 4
Aldebert- 20
Otah- 19 (-24hp, Reflex Save DC 26)
Pent- 16 (Will Save DC 19, Reflex Save DC 26)
Mahdi- 14
Amiamble- 11 (Reflex Save DC 26)
Ezer- 8 (-36hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 9 Rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 10 Rounds


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 4, Init 16

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 91/91 (-72hp fire damage, minimized by Mahdi's resistance)
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Hasted, Blessing of Fervor, Feebleminded

Will Save v DC 19: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 Son of a...
Reflex Save v DC 26: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Blessing of Fervor for +2s to AC/Reflex/Attacks

Scathed and scorched, the gnome screeches, and scrams. He disappears through the curtain. Double Move


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

What?! Uh...man...Uhm...

Ami stares agape at the dragon and then Ezer. What is going on here!?


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Ezer stands before the red dragon, his face full of defiance. "I no longer have the Impossible Eye, mighty Aberzjerax. The ones you see before you, they are in possession of it. Give me time, and I will find it for you."

The red dragon weighs the nephilim's words.

"I am well versed in the events that have led to this moment, Ezer. Why should I believe you, even now?"

"You should of course be wary, great Aberzjerax. I will submit to being searched. You will not find it on me."

You can cut the tension with Zenzirad.

Everyone who isn't Feebleminded is up!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi cannot see the dragon but he can hear the booming voice, alright, and hear gnomish screaming.

From his position he shouts: "You won't find it if you search him, he is telling the truth in that regard. You may search all of us if you wish it as well, for by the same token you won't find it on us! What he is not saying, of course, is that he tricked and led us along from the first, positioning himself as an ally, using us to do what he could not-- try and escape whatever very deserved sentence was laid on him! Whatever fealty you swear, Aberzjerax, whatever laws the Grand Vizier upholds, Rovagug-- and his servants-- are enemies of all life, are they not?!"

At his allies he shouts, "The rest of you, pull back to me for all the gods' sake!"

As he is expecting to be questioned in the near future-- and questioning is such a polite term that doesn't include how harsh Mahdi expects that 'questioning' to be, let alone if it's magical in nature-- Mahdi produces another of the golden plates, and this one crumbles into dust as quickly as the last one.

Casting mind blank on himself


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 4, Initiative: 20

Status:
HP: 108/124 (9 won’t heal)
AC: 31 (F28/T13) (included: magic vestment +3, barkskin +5)(not included: +4 to AC vs Ezer from smite)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Magic Vestment (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Haste, Smite (Ezer), Blessing of Fervor, Feebleminded.
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +12/+7/+2, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 1/4 (Swift, +4 attack, +12 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 9, concentration +13, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Endure Elements
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Good Hope
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 63/65 (DR 5/evil) AC: 29 (F24/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 13 CMD: 26 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Resist Energy Fire (30, 1/40m), Shield Companion (+1 AC, +1 saves included)(1/9h)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +10 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +7, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Aldebert hears Pent’s screeching, but a new screeching, and decides it is no good. He casts Paladin's Sacrifice as an immediate action and suffers his allies misfortune.

Later, on his own turn, he laughs. ”Hahaha. Ha.” He peers into the fog, watching it wisp around his sword in wreathes of… something. He can’t think of the name, but it’s really very pretty.

He hears Madhi’s voice, and tries heading toward him in the fog. Naturally, he immediately falls off Gretiem (prone), as he has no earthly idea how to ride a steed as mighty as that. He picks himself up and spins in the fog, trying to locate that voice once again. Friend!

Gretiem stares at him with his lizard eyes, now much smarter than his master. Should’ve gotten that web saddle stupid.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Reflex vs DC26: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22

"OW!" The dwarf takes the brunt of the magic missile and the fire-blast face on.

So, is Mahdi's 30min Resist Fire still on? Otherwise I think we have an unconcious dwarf. 19+24=43+72=115 of 113. (79/113) if active

Assuming he's still standing:

Otah backs towards Mahdi's voice, not wanting to take his eyes off the conversation of mighty beings in front of him. He also doesn't want to draw their attention at a turned back.

Double move towards the fire mage, with the haste bonus this round

"What's wrong with you two?" the dwarf asks as the two small-folk start to act strangely.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 4, Init 11

1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26 Reflex - Ami Ami takes 16, resist fire 30.
1d20 + 14 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 5 + 1 = 39 Reflex - Yeen (evasion)

Ami doesn't worry too much when Pent starts to scream incoherently, that could be easy explained by a build up of body gas. But when his brother picks up the screaming/giggling, Ami looks into the fog with a lot of worry. That ain't good. We have dragon. We have Rough Beast's servant.

He casts Mass Cure Light, Wounds on the good guys and ponders whether to attack or run to Mahdi or run to Aldbert.

1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 healing

Ami and Yeen retreat into the fog, looking for Aldebert.

"Brother? Brother?! Are you okay?" Ami asks when he finds his brother.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 91-16+14/91+0 temp; Yeen: 132/132

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 4/8 used (DF*2,EE*2,AibBub*0,LibCom*0)
Lvl 2: 5/7 used (barkskin*2,CMW*1,Bull*1,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 5/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*2)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*2,Grove,FoM)
Lvl 5: 3/6 used (CLWmass*2,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 1/3 used (ColdIce*1,StoneTell,MassCMW)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (mag vest*2, barkskin)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,Resist Fire 30. MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 4, Init 16, Glitch in the Matrix

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 65/91
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Hasted, Blessing of Fervor, Fire Resistance 30

Pent immediately comes to his senses, the sound of a screech still stretching his cheeks.

A moment to assess the situation, as he remains behind Otah, until the dwarf bolts into the billow. This gives the gnome all he needs to know.

Entering the Fog, Pent is a little unnerved by the sound of Aldebert laughing, which happens too little if you ask the gnome, let alone in the middle of what seems to be overwhelming odds. "Well, it's certainly a significant straw, if it's come to breaking the half's back. I can't fault Aldi... whoa, wait a second. What did you do, Aldi?! How did you..? Why would you..?!"

Double drift through the Mist


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Aldebert reaches out, sight unseen, to snatch a miserable affliction from the gnome's shoulders, and rest it squarely on his noble own. Otah hears the call of the fire mage, and heeds it.

Mahdi spars with truthful words, inserting himself into the confrontation between nephilim and dragon, before calling his own to him, through the Fog. Unbeknownst to most present, he also cloaks his mind so powerfully, that even his ego will go undetected with a scrying eye...

Pent regains himself immediately, and hastens to join his allies. Amiamble throws down Sarenrae's blanket of healing, a welcome renewal following the massive dragon fire, then slips into the concealment of the Fog to seek out his addled brother.

Ezer takes flight, wisping through the top edge of the Fog, his movement unimpeded... "Come, noble Aberzjerax. They seek to flee into the safety of the Bayt. Let us at least ally against the rabble, then I will submit to the Grand Vizier's justice. I only desire to find the Impossible Eye before I do."

And like that, Ezer soars high and down the stairs, high enough to avoid opportunistic thrusts from the dwarf's horsechopper, at least. He positions himself opposite Mahdi, and calls out again. "They are here, mighty Aberzjerax!! Come, and help me subdue the thieves!!"

Ezer's greataxe comes 'round, and tries to sever Mahdi's head from his shoulders.

Greataxe, M: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (13) + 30 = 43 for 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 11 = 26 damage

Mere moments later, the smoking nostrils of Aberzjerax pierces the Fog from above. It bumps against the outside wall of the curving staircase, but is not discouraged in its pursuit. Its reptilian eyes lock on Ezer.

"Ezer is a slippery thing. He will not persuade me."

The dragon speaks his last words as his great neck extends, his teeth bared and spread, and Ezer receives the Bite of Aberzjerax.

Bite Attack, E: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (1) + 31 = 32 for 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (4, 1) + 11 = 16 damage

At the last moment, Ezer leans against the wall, and only feels the breath where he might have felt teeth...

"Peace, powerful Aberzjerax!! The gods stay your savage bite, for they know it is better leveled against these trespassers!!"

The dragon bellows, and the stairs are filled with a meaty charry smell.

"NO. You will not get away, by order of the Grand Vizier!"

Round 5
Aldebert- 20 (Feebleminded)
Otah- 19 (-52hp)
Pent- 16 (-26hp)
Mahdi- 14 (-26hp)
Amiamble- 11 (-2hp))
Ezer- 8 (-36hp)
Aberzjerax- 7

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 8 Rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 9 Rounds
And, yes, Fire Resistance 30, courtesy of your Pyro


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 20

Status:
HP: 108/124 (9 won’t heal)
AC: 31 (F28/T13) (included: magic vestment +3, barkskin +5)(not included: +4 to AC vs Ezer from smite)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Magic Vestment (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Haste, Smite (Ezer), Blessing of Fervor, Feebleminded
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +12/+7/+2, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 1/4 (Swift, +4 attack, +12 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 9, concentration +13, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Endure Elements
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Good Hope
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 63/65 (DR 5/evil) AC: 29 (F24/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 13 CMD: 26 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Resist Energy Fire (30, 1/40m), Shield Companion (+1 AC, +1 saves included)(1/9h)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +10 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +7, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Aldebert smiles as he sees his brother in the mist. Friend! He hugs him, careful with the sharp sword not to cut him, for friends don’t do that to other friends. He smiles until the shouting kicks in and he frowns. There was something he was supposed to do, what was it?

His friend called out to him! Yes, yes, that was it. It seemed so long ago, he’d almost forgotten. It was near the shouting too, maybe his friend is in trouble. But that thought quickly passes, even as it half formed. He blunders through the fog to all the shouting, on foot, sword still held tightly.

Gretiem licks his eyeball and waits for command in the mist. Seems safe there, so there he will stay for now.

Aldebert just exits the mist when he sees the dragon, "Ahhhhh." Wow! He smiles at the impressively beautiful creature. So pointy! He hopes it'll be his friend.

Then he sees the big flying man. Something in his mind triggers, Enemy! but he can't see a way to get to him. He sees his friends threatened by his enemy, and wonders what to do. He stands firm, brandishing his sword and hopes his enemy will come to him so he can slay him.

I have a smite going vs Ezer. I figure that's enough for me to categorize him as an enemy vs a friend - just about the only level of consciousness Aldebert has at the moment.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 5, Init 16

Status:

AC = 15
HP = 65/91
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Hasted, Blessing of Fervor, Fire Resistance 30

Blessing of Sarah for +2s to Attacks/Reflex/AC

Pent looks over his Carpet, as the half ahhhhs his way out of the Fog. When he just stands there, he can only picture Iavesk, and the poor djinni weeping in his prison, so determines to bring the same level of Sarah's Healing to bear.

"Come to your full senses, Aldi!! These big brutes shouldn't be the only voices here!! Speak your mind, and show your strength!!"

The gnome steers himself around the addled half, into the Fog, and reaches out to touch the half. Cast Heal

"Hey. Where's your gecko?"


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

For his agita, Aberzjerax sees something move out of the corner of his eye, and lashes out at it instinctively. AoO on the gnome

Tail Slap, P: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (16) + 29 = 45 for 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (3, 3) + 16 = 22 damage

Otah, Mahdi, and Amiamble are up!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Ow. (And yes, Otah, my resist fire is still up)

Mahdi looks in short order both incredibly pained and then incredibly relieved, as the dragon seems to take their side.... in a fashion. The pain is for the axe that nearly just decapitated him, with only his last-second defensive shrug managing to make sure the blade hit his shoulder instead of his very thin and vulnerable neck.

Also, he's in a very very bad position here....

Mahdi's arm is gouting blood that rushes out to stain his sleeve; he clutches at it, and runs/flies pell-mell back the other way, away from Ezer. Just before he starts to move, he shouts in desperate Draconic to the massive red dragon that is much too close for comfort:

Draconic:
"MIGHTY ABERZJERAX, DREAD OF THE FIERY SKIES-- I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY HERE!"

Full withdraw, plunging into the mist but I have freedom of movement up. Unless Ezer has reach 15' I should be able to avoid his hit. Dragon will easily still hit me if he chooses to (and if he has combat reflexes). Oh, and I suppose I should knowledge the dragon:

Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Mahdi:

The mighty Aberzjerax is indeed a Chaotic Evil Red Dragon. He's Adult, from the good look you're getting of him. Immune to Fire, you know this inherently, which likely means he's vulnerable to Cold. He is currently wearing two rings, however...

Also, give me a Diplomacy Roll- +2 Circumstance Bonus for speaking in Draconic :)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Lols~~~

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Mahdi hastens to avoid the giant with an axe, taking his chances with an enraged dragon, instead. For the quality of his plea, all present can infer that the dragon would have as easily struck down the fire mage as he did the gnome.

But for the grace of Pent, goes Mahdi. No strike is forthcoming.

Dragon doesn't have Combat Reflexes ;)

Amiamble and Otah are up!


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Sorry for delay, won’t be able to post until tonight or tomorrow morning. Have Board Meeting and Board dinner which means bored Ami.

Ami shakes his brother. ”Brother, snap out of it.”


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

”Brother! Er, sorry, I was a bit out of it there for a moment. Hey Pent. So, how are we doing?”


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

”Not the best.” the bloody and charred dwarf replies in the gnome’s stead. His hand seems to reflexively tend to the cinders at the end of his beard, a worse problem than the typical split ends.

The dwarf disappears through the mist as he seeks out Ezer.

Posting from mobile right now. Work gave us the boot because of all the smoke from the fact that Northern California is a giant charcoal briquette. If someone can move the Otah token appropriately, it would be appreciated.

”Mighty red dragon. If you spare us from your mighty breath, we may be of aid to you in subduing this charlatan.”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 That’s not an unexpected result...

The dwarf closes distance, in the hopes he can reach his Ezer and get a strike in.

+1 Keen Cold Iron Horsechopper, moved, hasted: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 2 + 1 = 32for: 1d10 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 5, Init 11

Ami relaxes visibly as his brother returns to normal. He smiles under his face scarf despite the obvious danger in the room.

He wonders who they should be fighting, if either. He holds until his brother can figure it out.

"Brother, are we fighting the dragon? Or Ezer or both?"

Until that is figured out where he can see, he moves over to heal Otah.

4d8 + 12 ⇒ (2, 6, 8, 5) + 12 = 33 CCW on Otah.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 91-16+14/91+0 temp; Yeen: 132/132

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 4/8 used (DF*2,EE*2,AibBub*0,LibCom*0)
Lvl 2: 5/7 used (barkskin*2,CMW*1,Bull*1,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 5/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*2)
Lvl 4: 5/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*2,Grove,FoM,CCW*1)
Lvl 5: 3/6 used (CLWmass*2,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 1/3 used (ColdIce*1,StoneTell,MassCMW)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (mag vest*2, barkskin)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,Resist Fire 30. MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

GM Rolls:

1d4 ⇒ 1

Aldebert steps from the Fog, in a fog. Pent swoops past the dragon, incurring a swift injury as the dragon lashes out, before planting a palm against the addled halfling's back, and removing the powerful, crippling magic of the nephilim.

Mahdi finds himself between a roc and a hard face, so removes himself from certain death by diving into the Fog, with no signs of impediment.

Amiamble encourages the dwarf to wait a moment, healing the hefter of horsechopper, before engaging in epic confrontation.

Otah steps lively, traveling under the beast of a dragon, before engaging on its side against the nephilim, his horsechopper just able to reach the hovering Ezer.

"Fine. If the great Aberzjerax cannot see reason, then he can be made to feel it first."

Ezer brings his greataxe into full swing, leveling a series of attacks against the red dragon.

Greataxe, Ab: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (14) + 30 = 44 for 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) + 11 = 27 damage

Greataxe, Ab: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31 for 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) + 11 = 16 damage

Greataxe, Ab: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28 for 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) + 11 = 25 damage

Greataxe, Ab: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 for 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) + 11 = 22 damage

For his fury, Ezer only manages to strike Aberzjerax once, on his first swing, though it is a fearsome blow.

In retaliation, the red dragon unleashes its full set of attacks against, Ezer, and only Ezer, as it seems to regard Otah as a non-threat. At the moment.

Bite Attack, E: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (10) + 31 = 41 for 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (1, 8) + 11 = 20 damage

Claw Attack, E: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (5) + 29 = 34 for 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 = 14 damage

Claw Attack, E: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (20) + 29 = 49 for 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (18) + 29 = 47 for 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10 damage

Wing Attack, E: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (10) + 29 = 39 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage

Wing Attack, E: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (19) + 29 = 48 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage

Tail Slap, E: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (9) + 29 = 38 for 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 1) + 16 = 18 damage

"You will learn true remorse, Ezer. In this life, or the next."

Ezer bleeds, and bellows. "Not... if I... can help it..."

Round 6
Aldebert- 20
Pent- 16 (-48hp)
Mahdi- 14 (-26hp)
Amiamble- 11 (-2hp)
Otah- 10 (-19hp)
Ezer- 8 (-138hp)
Aberzjerax- 7 (-27hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 8 Rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 9 Rounds
And, yes, Fire Resistance 30, courtesy of your Pyro


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Taking the BOF boost to make my spell extended

Mahdi hurriedly weaves another spell, quickly flitting among those whom he can reach. Gretiem first, as he's adjacent to the lizard, and then a few short swooping steps above Pent's head in the fog, his hand darting out to touch Aldebert, Ami, Yeen, and Pent... "Where the hell is Otah!?" he hisses.

Casting extended communal protection from energy, divided 6 ways, so 60 minutes each on Gretiem, Pent, Ami and Alde, Yeen, and myself. Protection 120 (fire), as well as the still active resist fire 30. Also, I'm in the square above Pent (if Pent is at ground level), but if I put my token there in Roll 20 Pent and I will wind up stacking, so I leave that to the GM to notate how he pleases)

He adds in more short syllables.

Halfling:
"This guards against fire. As soon as that beast fells Ezer he will demand the Eye! We must retreat within the Bayt and hope the corridors are too small for it to follow-- I have nearly no spells left, and none suitable for combating a dragon, or even escaping him! If the rest of you think we can take him I say that is madness!"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 6, Init 16[/dice]

Status:

[b]AC
= 13
HP = 43/91
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Hasted, Blessing of Fervor, Fire Resistance 30, Protection 120(Fire

Pent feels all sorts of uncomfortable. He's singed in places he thought he had pretty well covered, and he's pretty sure he's got a handful of broken ribs, courtesy of Aberzjerax's massive tail thwack. He's pretty sure Ezer is out there somewhere, outside of his bursts, so Pent decides that he'll channel some positivity, where he desperately needs it. His second and third thoughts involve healing his friends within range, and possibly tagging the dragon at the same time. He decides that intention should be declared, and the dragon made aware.

"Massive Aberzjerax, please receive my goddess's gift of healing, courtesy of lowly me and mine. We don't wish to oppose you and your duty, very thick Aberzjerax. We understand that there is something ancient between you and Ezer, and we'll not interfere, unswayable Aberzjerax."

Channel Positive Energy, no no Turncoat: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 6, 1, 1) = 21
Chance of Emissions, Low's a go: 1d10 ⇒ 8


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami listens to Mahdi’s halfling with his mouth agape.

Halfling:
”Brother, what do you think? We shouldn’t get involved, should we? Or should we not?” Ami asks, confused as all cat. ”Maah-DEEE, we can fight the dragon. I know my brother can kill it. He’s very brave!’

Delay turn.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 6, Initiative: 20

Status:
HP: 115/124 (9 won’t heal)
AC: 31 (F28/T13) (included: magic vestment +3, barkskin +5)(not included: +2 to AC from Blessings, +4 to AC vs Ezer from smite)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Magic Vestment (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Haste, Smite (Ezer), Blessing of Fervor, Angelic Aspect (1/9m), Protection from Fire (120hp, 1/60m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +12/+7/+2, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 1/4 (Swift, +4 attack, +12 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 9, concentration +13, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Endure Elements
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Good Hope
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 63/65 (DR 5/evil) AC: 29 (F24/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 13 CMD: 26 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Shield Companion (+1 AC, +1 saves included)(1/9h), Haste, Blessings of Fervor, Protection from Fire (120hp, 1/60m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +10 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +7, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Aldebert uses Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

”Mahdi, dat is onaanvaardbaar. Ezer moet vallen, en ik zal niet terugtrekken terwijl hij nog leeft!”

Halfling:
”Mahdi, that is unacceptable. Ezer must fall, and I shall not retreat while he yet lives!”
- - -

He nods, smiling grimly at his brother, and considers saying more, but holds his tongue for the moment, unsure of who may be listening in.

Aldebert eyes the dragon’s closeness, and decides to play it safe - uncertain about its reach. He casts a spell defensively.
Concentration: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 vs DC 21

Successful, he casts Angelic Aspect and sprouts a pair of golden-white wings. He then takes to the air, flying behind Ezer (distance and elevation not a problem thanks to haste). His flight path provokes from both the dragon and Ezer unfortunately, but such is life. He hopes the hits aren’t too damaging…


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 7, Init 11

Ami moves Yeen around, readying to help his brother in combat against the dragon and the servant of the Rough Beast. In fact, he's ready to run out of the fog to join his brother...but then realizes Otah is over there too and if he left, then Mahdi and Pent would be unprotected.

He grits his teeth, wanting to help, but knowing that protecting the others is the better thing to do.

He casts Freedom of Movement on himself while Yeen bares for battle (total defense).

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 91/91+0 temp; Yeen: 132/132

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 4/8 used (DF*2,EE*2,AibBub*0,LibCom*0)
Lvl 2: 5/7 used (barkskin*2,CMW*1,Bull*1,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 5/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*2)
Lvl 4: 6/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*2,Grove,FoM*1,CCW*1)
Lvl 5: 3/6 used (CLWmass*2,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 1/3 used (ColdIce*1,StoneTell,MassCMW)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (mag vest*2, barkskin)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,Resist Fire 30. MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf listens to the language the rest of the party converses in, wishing he had thought to take up lessons on the halfling's tongue.

As the halfling moves to block Ezer's path, his eyes move to the wings and a momentary expression of awe shows itself above his singed beard.

Unknowing of the party's plan, the dwarf continues with Aldebert to aid the dragon in it's pursuit.

I see Ezer is 20ft up on the stairwell. Can Otah move up the stairs to get to 15" and then make an attack?
(If so)+1 Keen Cold Iron Horsechopper, full attack, moved, BoF, Lunge: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 29for: 1d10 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Otherwise, he'll ready for Ezer to get into range.
BoF for the +2 Att/AC/Ref


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Aldebert composes himself, then reconstitutes himself, new wings lifting him past both dragon and nephilim. The dragon declines a passing strike, while Ezer does not. The halfling's defiance of the evil half-god goes a long ways to protecting him against a strong blow.

AoO, Al: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (3) + 30 = 33 for 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 11 = 26 damage

Pent bursts through the Fog, healing several folk nearby. Mahdi blankets his allies in his own way. Amiamble weaves a magic to allow himself an ease of weaving through the Fog.

Otah barely reaches Ezer, but does so, landlocked, while a giant red dragon continues to hover above him, precariously.

For guarding the rear, Aldebert gets the honor of Ezer's attention. The nephilim slips behind the flying halfling Incurring an AoO, before slashing at him with the greataxe. Unfortunate, for the nephilim, that he fails to plant his axe in Aldebert's back...

Greataxe, Al: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (2) + 30 = 32 for 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 6, 3) + 11 = 25 damage

Aberzjerax unleashes his giant roar of flame, again. The fire envelops both Aldebert and Ezer.

Breath Weapon: 12d10 ⇒ (9, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 8, 5, 7, 1, 4, 1) = 63 Reflex Save DC 26 for half damage.

Reflex Save v DC 26, E: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Ezer can't avoid the blast in its entirety. The nephilim looks quite worked over, and his eyes dart back and forth, in desperation.

Round 7
Aldebert- 20 (Reflex Save DC 26)
Pent- 16 (-27hp)
Mahdi- 14 (-5hp)
Amiamble- 11
Otah- 10
Ezer- 8 (-212hp)
Aberzjerax- 7 (-6hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 6 Rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 7 Rounds
And, yes, Fire Resistance 30, courtesy of your Pyro
Protection from Fire 120


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Some of Mahdi's wounds close thanks to Pent's channel and the fire-mage exhales in relief though his arm is still hanging damaged and bloody at his side. Fortunately he only needs one arm to cast spells.

Halfling:
"Aldebert, I have no problem with EZER falling! By all means! But we need to be prepared to retreat once he does, because the enemy of our enemy is NOT our friend! Ami, your brother is no doubt extremely brave but he's not invulnerable, dammit! PENT WHY ARE YOU HEALING HIM, HE'S GOING TO KILL US NEXT."

Mahdi edges forward until he can see the battle unfolding from the mist, and groans to himself at the stairwell. His mind races as he tries to consider the tactical positioning of the fight as he sees it at any rate.

With a preparatory cringing wince, Mahdi goes to the last place he personally really wants to be right now: namely, closer to Ezer, and between him and the dragon. Also, of note, next to Otah.

Can't fail the concentration check to cast defensively here

He sketches a lightning bolt with one finger and touches the dwarf's shoulder at the culmination of the gesture-- Otah feels as if gravity no longer applies to him...

Extended Fly (extended via Blessing of Fervor) on Otah, 36 minutes; if the dragon would take his AOO on me he certainly is in range to do so, as Mahdi is having to fly under him to get into position


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami pauses, sticking his head out of the fog to see what his going on. He looks at his brother, wondering what to do.

Delay to see if Alde can take out Ezer.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 7, Initiative: 20

Status:
HP: 115/124 (9 won’t heal)
AC: 31 (F28/T13) (included: magic vestment +3, barkskin +5)(not included: +2 to AC from Blessings, +4 to AC vs Ezer from smite)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Magic Vestment (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Haste, Smite (Ezer), Blessing of Fervor, Angelic Aspect (1/9m), Protection from Fire (120hp, 1/60m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +12/+7/+2, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 1/4 (Swift, +4 attack, +12 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 9, concentration +13, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Endure Elements
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Good Hope
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 63/65 (DR 5/evil) AC: 29 (F24/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 13 CMD: 26 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Shield Companion (+1 AC, +1 saves included)(1/9h), Haste, Blessings of Fervor, Protection from Fire (120hp, 1/60m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +10 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +7, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Aldebert uses Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

”Ja, ik weet dat Mahdi, maar is het niet bij je opgekomen dat de draak weet wat we zeggen? Ik bedoel, hij had een jaar vrij kunnen nemen om de taal te leren. Het is erg prestigieus in sommige kringen die je kent.”

Halfling:
”Yes, I know that Mahdi, but didn’t it occur to you that the dragon know what we’re saying? I mean, he could’ve taken a year off to learn the language. It’s very prestigious in some circles you know.”
- - -

Aldebert tries not to look smug as he tries to hover in place. He’s still fairly new to this whole flying thing, and he says a quick prayer to Abadar that he doesn’t make a fool of himself…

Fly: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 vs DC 15 to hover

Successful, he swings away, trying to end the Rough Beast worshipper.
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 7 = 23 (feast, blessings, smite) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 12 = 32 (smite)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 7 = 28 (feast, blessings, smite) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 12 = 35 (smite)
hasted Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 7 = 28 (feast, blessings, smite) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 12 = 34 (smite)


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Mahdi skulks below the mighty Aberzjerax, risking all to provide Otah the gift of flight! Whether he goes unnoticed, or the red dragon doesn't concern himself with the scuttling thing, it's hard to say. What is easy enough to say is Mahdi is not struck outright by any dragon appendage.

The winged halfling misses on his first swing, but his second and third combine to outright slay the nephilim Ezer Hazzebaim!! The large humanoid's form drifts to the stairs below, where it comes to rest, as one might set a child down to sleep.

With Ezer dead, Aberzjerax comes to regard you all with his full attention.

"You are either the most disloyal henchmen I've ever seen, or you were never allies. It matters very little to me. If you have the Impossible Eye, return it immediately. It was stolen long ago by Jhavhul. It is not your property, and it will be returned to its rightful owner."

"Speak now, and choose your words carefully. They may be your last."

Yes, we're still in Initiative. Mahdi and Aldebert have taken actions, Amiamble is in Delay, and Otah and Pent are able to act before the dragon, though all of you are able to answer Aberzjerax at present.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Oops! Sorry, forgot a saving throw…
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 vs DC 26 for 63 damage (-30 resist fire then -33 off protection)

”Lord dragon, who exactly will you be returning the eye to? From whom was it stolen?”

Aldebert breathes heavily from the effort of smiting Ezer as he hovers in place.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Halfling:

"I think we need the mirror to get home. If we can't get home without it, then we might as well fight to keep it," Ami opines in halfling.

Ami continues to delay, hopeful of finding their way home.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

"You weren't listening, or you disregarded my words earlier. The Grand Vizier, ruler of the City of Brass. Stall again with questions, and we're done here."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Halfling:
"That doesn't add up, Ami. If Jhahvhul stole it and had it here all this time, why did he need us to read that scroll in order to be freed to go to earth? Pent, you've the most silver tongue of all of us, can you soothe his impatience a moment?"

"Mighty Aberjzerax, Jhahvul is our sworn enemy, and he imprisoned US here, while he is loose in OUR world. If you would see Jhavhul punished, then by all the gods, let us state our case to the Grand Vizier!"

Diplomacy, hopefully to try and aid Pent?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

’We’re done here?’ Ami shrugs. Well go then. Don’t make us kill you.

A snippy reply dies on Ami’s lips, waiting for his brother to lead the way.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

"Produce the Eye, and we will discuss your role in this with the Grand Vizier. Yes."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 7, Init 16

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 65/91
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Hasted, Blessing of Fervor, Fire Resistance 30

Pent decides the better part of valor is keeping discreetly to the cloud, allowing his words to drift like a low-pressure system, arriving in the bay of the dragon's ear, safely tucked away from the firebreather's sight.

"Oh, great scaly Aberzjerax, we understand you require the Impossible Eye, before anything further can take place. You now know that Ezer Hazzebaim no longer has it. That is truth, because we discovered it here on this floor, in a pocket place meant to protect precious pieces. Our friend made sure that it would not fall into the nephilim's greasy hands, so tucked it away, before you arrived. Now, if you demand that we return to you, to gain an audience with the Grand Vizier, we would gladly do so, because we are not citizens of the City of Brass, simply prisoners who no longer wish to be wrongfully imprisoned."

"What say you, Aberzjerax?? Will you allow us to retrieve the Eye?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf listens to the heated exchange between the party in halfling tongue, not knowing it's contents, but grasping at the frustration in the voices spoken.

He disengages from the dragon as it speaks, taking the opportunity to carefully gain some altitude. I'm getting better at this... is a passing thought as he guides himself into the air.

Ready an attack if necessary. Hoping the party is able to convince it to not attack us meaty mortal morsels.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 7, Initiative: 20

Status:
HP: 115/124 (9 won’t heal)
AC: 31 (F28/T13) (included: magic vestment +3, barkskin +5)(not included: +2 to AC from Blessings)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Magic Vestment (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Haste, Blessing of Fervor, Angelic Aspect (1/9m), Protection from Fire (87hp, 1/60m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +12/+7/+2, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 1/4 (Swift, +4 attack, +12 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 9, concentration +13, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Endure Elements
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Good Hope
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 63/65 (DR 5/evil) AC: 29 (F24/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 13 CMD: 26 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/12h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Resist Energy Fire (30, 20/40m), Shield Companion (+1 AC, +1 saves included)(1/9h), Haste, Blessings of Fervor, Protection from Fire (120hp, 1/60m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +10 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +7, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Aldebert uses Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

Unsure if they can survive a fight with this foe, but sure if they do well, the dragon can simply fly away to gather more allies, Aldebert visibly slumps as he flies in the air. ”I expect your master is as evil as you.” he grimaces through gritted teeth.

He nods to Mahdi - his yes vote to return the eye, whatever it is, to the dragon. He doesn’t even barter for a reward, so bitter is the taste of bile in his mouth. He flies down and over Mahdi to provide him cover should the dragon decide to attack anyway. He grips his sword, hoping for the moment.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Would Mahdi know anything of the Grand Vizier?

Kn: 1d20 ⇒ 10 +16 for Local, +21 for Planes

9,751 to 9,800 of 10,988 << first < prev | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.