GM Parrot's The Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk

Game Master parrot familiar

Google Drive for maps, loot, etc.

Adelie 50/50
Anzath 48/48
Aurora 50/50
Bedlam 57/57 (1 negative level)
Lolly 60/60
Moneduloides 32/32 (1 negative level)
Talathel 40/40
Tragershen 30/30

Date: Septimus 2


4,901 to 4,950 of 5,252 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>

Y'all are fun.

As Lolly roars across the deck of the Red Dragon, the scrag poises itself for a counterattack! It lunges with its fearsome teeth. Readied action.

Snapping Jaws: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Fearsome, but inaccurate. Lolly's mighty swing is more on-target, and blue-black scrag blood flies everywhere.

Things get complicated as Tragershen Pits his wits against the scrag--the only opening for a pit places Lolly on the edge of the hole, so:

Ref Lolz: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26
Ref Scrag: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The scrag tumbles into the pit, while Lolly leaps clear!

Fall: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) = 11

And then Bedlam chucks a bomb into the newly-opened interdimensional gap. There's something eerie about an explosion in a pocket dimension--you hear it and see it, but you don't feel the now-familiar shock of the bomb's concussion. And it can't hurt the ship down there.

Ref vs. Tangle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The slashed, fallen, blasted, and gooped scrag is completely bewildered in the pit.

45 damage to the scrag, all told.

The startled captain and sailor busy themselves with keeping the ship from wrecking:

Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13

The sailor manages to wrench the wheel away from the dazed captain at the last second--the ship avoids a reef, but is no longer in the safe part of the channel. They will need their best seacraft to get out of this mess, and they call to the other sailors for assistance.

Another scrag begins to climb the other end of the ship--it flops onto the poop deck, rising slowly to its feet. It is immediately bopped by Aurora.


Aurora
Talathel
Scrag d45
Tragershen
Adelie and Mone
Lolly
Captain Kolvio
Sailor
Bedlam
Scrag d10
Anzath
Smuggler Sorcerer
Sailors x 2
Scrag

Anzath and the rest of the ship's crew may act!


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: alchemical grease, enlarged person, mutagen , Barkskin

Dey be like cockroaches!


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath runs passed Aurora's side, the excitement of combat helping her forget her dragon troubles.
If I can get into a flank with Aurora...
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Kritfisher+Haste+Bless+Flank: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 28
VS dmg+SA+Immediate ST: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + (5) + 2 = 20


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

I’m unsure how readied actions work. Does Adelie’s produce flame go off? Or does he just sort of sit there until it does?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good to see you, Adi! If you want to have cast Produce Flame, you have! If you want to do something else, you can have Delayed for a whole turn to now go on Aurora/Tal initiative.

The boat's sorceress casts Magic Missile at the scrag, the two coruscating bolts ripping from her fingertips into the beast. But it's nothing compared to the wounds Anzath has left on the creature.

MM: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

The two sailors remaining leap into the rigging and try to solve the ship's navigational difficulties up there:

Sailor check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Assist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

The ship lurches as the sailors swing the rigging directly into the wind. A wave hits at the same moment, soaking the whole scene. The whole deck is now difficult terrain, and anyone moving across it has to make a reflex save as if they were in Grease with DC 12

The final scrag mounts the poop, just as Tragershen predicted (diviners, amiright?). It flops to the deck, then stands.


Aurora
Talathel
Scrag (d45, goop)
Tragershen
Adelie and Mone
Lolly
Captain Kolvio
Sailor
Bedlam
Scrag (d34)
Anzath
Smuggler Sorcerer
Sailors x 2
Scrag

Aurora and Talathel may act!


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: alchemical grease, enlarged person, mutagen , Barkskin

Fish stew be delicious!


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Talathel moves over so that he can snag troll limbs with his spear but not directly standing underneath the creature.

The reason? He will try to trip it and bring it crashing back to the deck!

Move then trip! AC still 21

Trip vs poop troll: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

AOO:

Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 45/56 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 3/6 Channel Energy; 5/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless, Divine Favor

Aurora launches another assault against the scrag she is flanking with Anzath, mace flying towards it in a broad swing.

Attack+Bless+Flank: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Aurora clobbers the dripping troll-beast!

Talathel attempts to hook the legs out of the other one that is currently on the poop, but he can't drag down the thing. It's just too big.

The scrag in the hole starts trying to climb out at a painfully slow pace.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

It scooches up the wall just a bit.


Aurora
Talathel
Scrag (d45, goop)
Tragershen
Adelie and Mone
Lolly
Captain Kolvio
Sailor
Bedlam
Scrag (d53)
Anzath
Smuggler Sorcerer
Sailors x 2
Scrag

Tragershen, Lolly, Bedlam, Adelie and Mone, the Captain, and the Handsome Sailor may act!


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

The uninjured scrag, could Trag target it with a gltterdust without hitting allies? If not, how about a line effect of a lightning bolt? If he can't do one of those safely, he'll probably go with a magic missile.


Glitterbomb will hit at least Talathel and possibly others, but you can shoot a Bolt if you'd like!


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen raises his buckler up to his face, shielding his mouth as he murmurs the words to a spell. He points at the scrag and unleashes pure elemental lightning at it.

Casting lightning bolt at the uninjured scrag for 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 6, 6, 3) = 22 damage. DC 17 Reflex save for half damage.

He calls out "Don't let them back into the sea! They will heal there and threaten us for leagues to come!"


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: alchemical grease, enlarged person, mutagen , Barkskin

Bedlam attempts to get two fish-guys together with his Tanglefoot Bomb.

Range bomb touch, Tanglefoot Ref DC 17, splash weapon mastery, precise bombs, splash 7: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 243d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) + 4 = 19


Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:52/52 AC:21 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +6 Rage:17/17

Lolygert hops out of the way of the suddenly appearing pit, scowling at it.

He leans over to see if the troll inside was still alive, and seeing that it was, jumps down to get at it!!

Not sure how you want to handle this...He's not trying to fall well, so no acrobatics to lessen falling damage. Rule for falling objects says he'd do 3d6 as a medium sized object if he hit the troll with his body...should he roll a ranged touch attack ? LOL


Tragershen's lightning bolt rips through one of the monsters. It falls dead.

Bedlam does his trademarked bank shot bomb to blast it around his friends.

Ref save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

It escapes the goop, but it takes the heat.

Lolly plummets with a roar, boots extended!

Fall: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

He doesn't do quite as much damage as he'd hoped, because the troll completely fills the pit... and since you can't share space with a monster, I guess that means you're standing on it! Such a graceful fall that you only did 2 damage, to boot. To boot. Heh.

Permission to bot from the druid!

Adelie, having Produced Flame when the readied action triggered, finds himself with a handful of heat.

Whoosh: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

It follows Bedlam's bomb, leaving another scorch mark on the last of the scrags on deck. There's still the one in the pit, too...

The captain and sailor try to wrench the helm away from the reefs:

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

They fail, and the boat is heading straight for a crusted, rocky reef. There's little time to save it now. The captain roars in frustration "The current's got the helm! Besmara's bosom, we're in it this time!"

You all get a closer look at one of submerged reefs and rocks that litter the sea between Aragnak's Isle and the mainland. Looks like you might end up swimming!


Aurora
Talathel
Scrag (d47, goop)
Tragershen
Adelie and Mone
Lolly
Captain Kolvio
Sailor
Bedlam
Scrag (-15)
Anzath
Smuggler Sorcerer
Sailors x 2
Scrag d25

Almost forgot the sorceress!

The sorceress casts "Endure Elements" on herself.

Anzath may act!


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Which scrag is which? I think the one we were flanking is now dead?


Yeah! It's dead!


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath moves on to the non-pitted scrag, blade a-flashing.
Kritfisher+Haste+Bless: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 27
VS dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

If thats the same troll Tal is tryna trip, also tryna flank.
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Additional SA+Immediate ST if possible: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


The foul sea troll anticipates Anzath's jinking acrobatics and lunges at her!

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

A sudden shift in momentum, and Anzath is beyond the reach of the beast's fangs.

Then, Kritfisher rips into its flesh!

A counterattack follows--a blur of fangs and claws descend upon the slayer...

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

One claw pierces her defenses and draws blood. 6 damage


Aurora
Talathel
Scrag (d47, goop)
Tragershen
Adelie and Mone
Lolly
Captain Kolvio
Sailor
Bedlam
Scrag (-15)
Anzath
Smuggler Sorcerer
Sailors x 2
Scrag d45

The boat is rushing onto a reef. All but Anzath have this turn to keep fighting, to do something to save the ship, or to otherwise save their skins (and those of their friends) before impact.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

AC is currently 20 w/ Haste


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Adelie hurriedly informs the sailors that he can create a brief gust of wind or a tail current in any direction, if they wish him to. He adds that once he's made a tail current, its direction can't be changed for an hour.

Adelie doesn't know anything about sailing, probably. He has knowledge Nature and Geography, so he knows a bit about weather, but I doubt he'd know where to put a gust of wind or how/if it would affect a ship of this size.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: alchemical grease, enlarged person, mutagen , Barkskin

Surprisingly, my dwarf has nothing for a boat running into reefs...lol.

He aims for as many fish-folk as he can.
Range bomb touch, Tanglefoot Ref DC 17, splash weapon mastery, precise bombs, splash 7: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 83d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) + 4 = 16

random: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen rushes forward looking over the side at the shadowing silhouettes of reefs. Trusting his capable allies to deal with the scrags, he perches by the rail ready to make his best effort to stave off disaster.

Move to the railing and ready action to cast web among the reefs to try and minimize any damage if the ship is about to run afoul of them.


I knew the casters would have some ideas. I love the Web-as-buffer plan, but I think Adi's more conventional Gust of Wind will work. Anz: Forgot Haste buff, will adjust HP.

The captain's voice cracks as he shrieks at Adelie, "CAST YER WIND SO IT BLOWS US AWAY FROM THOSE ROCKS! OR WE'LL DIE!"


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Adelie runs towards the rocks until he can point his gust of wind at the sails and away from the rocks and, as soon as he reaches a suitable position, casts the spell. He doesn’t know how sails work, but he figures that wind pointing away from the reef will at least slow them down.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Looking over the edge at the reefs, Tragershen does his best to gauge which way they need to go. "Put the gust there!" he calls out to Adelie, gesturing with his whole arm at a section of sail to make the target as clear as possible.

Profession (sailor) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Trusting in the wizard’s knowledge, Adelie obeys Tragershen immediately and without question.


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Talathel decides to simply start stabbing the troll to death, trusting in his magic-wielding allies to prevent their doom by sinking.

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 11

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 13
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 14

AOO:

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 35
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 14

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 22
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 13

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 9

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 30
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 7

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 11

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 12

+1 Elven Branched Spear vs Scrag, flanking, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 30
Damage with Bless and Dedicated Adversary (Scrag Troll): 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 8


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: alchemical grease, enlarged person, mutagen , Barkskin

Forgot Haste and Bless! Does a 10 touch?


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 45/56 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 3/6 Channel Energy; 5/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless, Divine Favor

Aurora follows after Anzath to assist the slayer with skirmishing the scrag, glowering coldly at the ugly thing.

Attack+Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:52/52 AC:21 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +6 Rage:17/17

Oblivious to the danger the ship is in, and equally so to the efforts of his comrades to keep the ship from being dashed to pieces, Lolygert stabs down at the troll caught in the pit with him...

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 12 = 17


I'll type up the aftermath of the above in the morning! If you're whaling on a scrag and didn't move last turn, you can take your Haste attack, too...


Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:52/52 AC:21 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +6 Rage:17/17

Ah, yes...wonderful hastiness!!!

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 = 17


Bedlam: nope, a 10 does not touch. An 11 would. But instead:

Bedlam hesitates for just an instant, and his bomb goes wild, impacting among the both the monster and his allies. The beast, though, falls before the onslaught of the dwarf and his allies.

The massive Gust of Wind suddenly takes the ship and flings it in the opposite direction. The sudden shift of momentum threatens to rip the Red Dragon to pieces:

On a one!: 1d20 ⇒ 9

...but the valiant little sloop holds together.

Bellied sails shudder, the masts whip from their prior positions, and the boom of the jib sweeps with deadly menace across the poop deck.

I'd roll for this and for Bedlam's tanglefoot affecting his allies but combat is effectively over, so, I'll save some time.

Deep in the pit, scrag fights back:

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

It slashes Lolly as it tries to dislodge the jolly warrior. But then, the barbarian chops the troll into bits and pieces, the extradimensional pocket of the Pit spell insulating him from the shudders of the ship. Once the beast is well blended, the spell ends, depositing Lolly back on the deck of the ship.

Profession: Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Meanwhile, the captain finally manages to turn the ship back towards safety.

Combat Over

"I'll owe you one, travelers! Those scrags would have had us, if you hadn't been here."


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Talathel stands over the nearest scrag and says to Tragershen:

"Tragershen, a little acid on the remannts? Just in case."

He replies to the captain while still mostly focusing on bloodily reversing any potential scrag regeneration:

"You are welcome, captain."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Do NPCs have random encounters when the PCs arent around?


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath spits on the dead scrag and wipes down her blades. She nods to the captain and approaches Adelie, "Good vork."

I guess we can’t dump the corpses overboard, eh?


"Do NPCs have random encounters when the PCs arent around?"

I once had a group of support NPCs that were supposed to use a scroll of Teleport to follow the main party botch and get sent to a random location in the Underdark--the main game paused while the table played out what happened to the Lost Patrol. Unfortunately, their first random encounter was an adult black dragon...


And so, the Red Dragon, saved from the random (but perhaps not statistically probable) encounter, continues its cruise up the coast. The sailors offer to recompense you for saving their bacon by taking you up the treacherous river to Zelkor's Ferry itself.

"It's a tricky run, but we'll try it for ya. Or we can drop ya off on the beach near the mouth of the river. Right near Rappan Athuk itself, ya know."


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen makes judicious use of acid splash to ensure that the scrags won't be recovering.

When the threat is gone, he is uncharacteristically cheerful. He claps Adelie on the shoulder and says "Well done! That gust of wind you called up kept us from going aground on the reefs, and perhaps sinking the ship!"


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

”You, too.” Adelie nods gratefully to Anzath. He calls Mone over with the intention of scolding her for not helping, but before he can, he’s startled by Tragershen’s compliment.
Unused to enthusiastic praise, especially from someone he admires, Adelie mumbles, ”I wouldn’t have known what to do if you hadn’t told me.”
He can’t quite keep himself from grinning, though.


Wolf (6) | HP:32/32 | AC:19 | FF:16 | T:13 | F+7; R+8; W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone takes advantage of Adelie’s distraction and hurries away to congratulate the others and perhaps receive some celebratory head-scratches.


Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:52/52 AC:21 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +6 Rage:17/17

Lolygert give his sword a quick snap, maritime troll guts spilling off onto the deck.

With a shoulder roll, he comes out of his rage, letting out a long hard sigh, as he takes a knee, pulls his flagon from his belt, squints a bit a the now full vessel and finally empties it in one chug.

Smacking his lips, he sits loudly and doesn't do too much of anything for a little while.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath doesn't forget to loot the bodies.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

4,901 to 4,950 of 5,252 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Parrot's the Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.