GM Parrot's The Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk

Game Master parrot familiar

Google Drive for maps, loot, etc.

Adelie 50/50
Anzath 48/48
Aurora 50/50
Bedlam 57/57 (1 negative level)
Lolly 60/60
Moneduloides
Talathel 40/40
Tragershen 30/30

Date: Augusta 30


4,701 to 4,750 of 4,999 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>

Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

It was temporarily helpless! And it had surrendered! ...only for the moment, sure, but still! They didn’t need to worry about it giving away our position - other ghouls had already escaped, so it’s too late for secrecy. It was just mean. :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adelie wrote:
It was temporarily helpless! And it had surrendered! ...only for the moment, sure, but still! They didn’t need to worry about it giving away our position - other ghouls had already escaped, so it’s too late for secrecy. It was just mean. :(

In character, please!


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Ok!

Adelie scowls suspiciously at Tragershen.

”You’re murderers. The foe had surrendered. If these items are as powerful as you say, giving them to you seems likely to do more harm than good.”


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen seems taken aback. "The foe was an undead monstrosity and a thrall of Orcus. What option did we have? We couldn't restore it to life. If we let it go, we would have faced it again with many more of its kind. I assure you if amicable relations were possible, I would have been open to it."

"I will only evaluate the items; I won't take action without them without agreement from you. Is that acceptable?"


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

”It. Had. Surrendered,” Adelie snarls. ”Of course it was going to come back with more of its kind. More of its kind are on the way right now, with priests. And then, if it had attacked us, killing it would have been justified. But it was not attacking, and if mercy is at all possible, then it should be the goal, regardless of the enemy you face. Otherwise, you’re just another murderer.”

Adelie pauses after hearing Tragershen’s last statement. ”Will you promise to give them back immediately after evaluating them?”


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless

Aurora glances to those still with her on the other side of the river, then towards the tunnel connecting the sides, and shrugs. Off to rejoin the others, then.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"What would you have us do with it? Take it back to Zelkor's Ferry as a prisoner until it went mad with starvation? Does your mistress of wolves have a prison for such things? Would she tolerate them in her forest? We've come her to put an end to Orcus and his minions. That means killing or destroying them."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

"Let it go in exchange for information, of course. I'm shocked that 'avoid murder whenever possible' is such a controversial stance among people who apparently consider themselves not evil."


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Adventuring Rule #14: Always check the toilets!


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Assuming that convo is taking place offscreen for the rest of us.

Anzath recovers these items from Bedlam's cold, dead hands:
Extracts:
Enlarge Person, Cure Light Wounds, Invisibility, See Invisibility
Alchemical Doodads:
Unstable Accelerant, Bottled Lightning, Burst Jar, Congealer Spray, Flash Powder, Ghast Retch, Vermin Repellent, Marker Dye, Alchemical Grease, Deodorizing Agent (Why didn't Bedlam ever use this?), Alchemical Solvent, Blasting Jelly.

Anyone wanna claim any of this? Lolly, Tal, Enlarge Person? Anyone need the CLW immediately?

When Aurora comes crawling out of the rat tunnels to join them, Anzath will confer with the holy woman, "Vill he turn?"

If the answer is 'no', she'll start placing rocks from the big pile onto his corpse.

If the answer is 'yes' she'll recommend waiting around for it to happen, so that they can put him down immediately.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"Then come. Let us bring your concerns to the others."

Tragershen turns and walks out with the others. When he reaches them gathered around Bedlam, he simply states "Adelie has concerns we need to discuss."


I don't necessarily feel like holding a seminar on DnD ethics right now--but I also suppose it's worth saying that it's common knowledge that undeath is evil and that most undead are evil by default.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

"It vanted to be free, I set it free," states Anzath assuredly.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"Adelie is concerned that by dispatching the ghoul we committed murder."

Turning back to Adelie, Tragershen continues. "I've studied the arcane arts for decades. The creature you saw here wasn't a sentient being. It was a corpse moved to action by evil magic. Certainly it moved and spoke like it was alive and aware, but that was just the dark magic at work."

"Just before we met you, we encountered marauding bandits that were attacking refugees. When their leader was defeated, several bandits surrendered to us. We took those men back to Zelkor's Ferry where they stood judgment before the authorities there. But this was simply not the same thing."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Adelie doesn’t really care whether the ghoul was evil or not - he figures it was - he’s most upset by the surprise. He also slightly feels like he implicitly agreed to let the ghoul go by accepting its offer of information, and he failed to fulfill his side of things.
Ghouls are sentient, but Adelie doesn’t know that, since he doesn’t know much about ghouls.

Adelie eyes Tragershen suspiciously. ”They’re not sentient...? Are you sure? Well, okay then. But you still ought to have asked me before killing it. I was in the middle of talking to it.”


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen tilts his head. "Well, not sentient in the sense that elves, humans and the other living races are. The necromantic energy gives them a cunning, an intelligence. And often they can call on the memories of the corpse they inhabit."

"But you are right. You were engaging it, and Anzath should have stayed her hand. At least until things were resolved."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

”That... sounds sentient to me.”
He sighs. ”Well, it doesn’t matter. We were probably going to end up killing the ghoul anyway... It was just an abrupt end to an interesting conversation.”
He hands Tragershen the shiny knife, the bag, and the lamp. ”Here you go.”


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Talathel listens. He genuinely seems to be trying to absorb what he has heard. Then he adds his piece:

"It is a strange turn of events when a druid argues that an unliving abomination should be spared for any longer than necessary. As Tragershen says, they are a walking, talking, flesh-eating corpse and not akin to us. But we are an unusual group and I should expect unusual beliefs."

"In any case, thank you Adelie, for your assistance in gathering the others, in retrieving those items, and for your perspective."


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"Set them down, please." Tragershen asks.

"Thank you for doing that unpleasant task." He casts prestidigitation on Adelie, cleaning off anything that might still be clinging to his airy form. Then he does the same to the items recovered.

He examines the bag for a minute before opening it. ”A bag of holding, with some gold left in it from a previous owner.”

Next, he looks at the dagger. ”Magnificent, but I’ll need more time than what I think we have here.”

Finally, he goes to the lamp. When he has focused on the lamp, his eyes fly open in shock. "Quickly, gather around!"

When everyone is present, Tragershen says "This lamp here is a powerful item indeed, and we need to decide how to use it. It has a power djinn called an efreeti in it. I've read accounts of these being opened before. Most likely, the efreeti would serve us for several minutes a day, every day, until it perishes on this plane."

"But, there is are two other possibilities. One, the efreeti may have gone mad in its captivity and it will most likely slay us all. Or two, it may be a particularly powerful efreeti and it will exchange its freedom for three wishes."

"We could summon the efreeti and see what happens. Or we could take it to Riddleport and sell it. The price it would fetch would be formidable. More than enough to have Bedlam and Mone restored."


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Dis being dead be boring....me be need'n un 'obby....me be wundering if me can haunt dem....Boo!


One minor correction to Tragershen's analysis: "Roll each day the bottle is opened for that day’s effect." Edit: but if it goes nuts or gives wishes, then it is done forever.


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless

"As... wonderful," Aurora says the word with some distaste, "as selling it would be: Recall our debt to the dragon. And on the topic of raising Bedlam: He has died before, and we have used powerful favors to restore him, only for him to die again. Do we really wish to use such powerful magics again, if it should come to it?"

Her nose crinkles and she folds her arms over her chest, looking aside.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

"Ve kould vish to kill dragon..." offers Anzath.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"The power of a wish isn't such that we could slay the dragon with it. We could try, but we would have to be in quite close proximity, and the dragon would have to be somewhat compromised already."

"And to be clear, there is no guarantee that the efreeti would offer us wishes. In fact, the odds are very much against that possibility." He considers a moment, then says "Frankly, we would be better off selling it and trying to find scrolls that have a wish inscribed on them for we to cast."

"Bedlam has been useful, and I would like to think that should any of us fall here, we would take reasonable steps to query their spirit to see if they would like to be restored."

"As to our debt with the dragon, we could reserve the dagger to pass to it. And we could even buy gems from the proceeds as an offering."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Adelie looks bewildered.
"I knew you were somehow involved with a dragon, but - you owe a dragon money? How'd that happen?"


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

"Vell... One day I VILL kill dragon. I vould rader not give it magik lamp. Make it MUCH more diffikult," Anzath seems to be muttering mostly to herself, and pulling heavily now from her own flask.

Her face twitches as she answers Adelie, "Ve entered kontrakt vid dragon to save Zelkor'z Ferry."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Adelie squints at Anzath, trying to absorb this revelation. "Uh. Wow. I guess that makes sense. Are all the people in that place in on this? Mone and I will do what we can to help you, once I get her back... I did promise her a chance to see a dragon, and I'm sure she will want to help you. She really liked you and Lolly, you know."


Wolf (6) | HP:- | AC:19 | FF:16 | T:13 | F+7; R+8; W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Yes! Yes! She scratched my ears and tried to give me a silly shirt. Help her, Adelie!


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath pauses, then pours out a little bit of whisky for Mone. She then returns to the task of covering Bedlam's body with stones.


Anzath wrote:
Anzath pauses, then pours out a little bit of whisky for Mone. She then returns to the task of covering Bedlam's body with stones.

...or you could, ya know, try to bring him out and raise him. Fair warning, Bedlam's first backup char idea is a goblin. It's in your best interests to raise this dwarf!


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

We haven't found a way out yet, and it seems we don't have a surefire way of rez-ing him until we can sell this lamp. Seems an awful burden to be lugging him around for the moment.


Goblin laughter echoes through the darkness...


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

As Anzath starts gathering stones, Tragershen says "This magical sack we found may be able to bear the weight of the dwarf in it."

"Anzath, do you still have a scroll of sending from the church? If so, perhaps we could impose on that wizard to retrieve us."


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:
Tragershen wrote:

As Anzath starts gathering stones, Tragershen says "This magical sack we found may be able to bear the weight of the dwarf in it."

"Anzath, do you still have a scroll of sending from the church? If so, perhaps we could impose on that wizard to retrieve us."

heh, do I? I don't have one listed. And can the bag hold bedlam and all that gold? And can we fit Bedlam into the bag? I think there's a common misconception amongst gamers that anything can fit into a bag of holding. But, obviously what you can put into the bag is limited by the size of the opening. What say ye, GM?


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

I show that you were given them here. It is the smallest bag of holding, so I think it holds 250 lbs. The sack is 2' by 4', so it should have roughly a two foot diameter opening. If we get him in before rigormortis sets in, I think we'd be good. Average dwarf weight is 185 pounds.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Ok then!

Anzath hands Trag the scroll case. "Az you vish," she says with a smirk, then proceeds with the grim task of stuffing Bedlam's dead self into the magic bag.


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

"The odds of the the lamp resulting in a disastrous outcome are simply too great. Especially with Bedlam and Mone already deceased and our resources depleted. Thus, I believe it best that we withdraw, sell the lamp, and assess then if we have the resources to bring back the fallen as well as the motivation."


Ok so one vote against rubbing the magic lamp! I think Aurora's counts as a vote against, as well. Anzath, Adelie, Tragershen, Lolly? Also you can totally use one of your scrolls of sending to contact the Wizard of Sarenrae, he'd be very interested in your magic lamp and might send help.

And yeah, I'll let you stuff Bedlam in the bag, this time.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Be a bit stuufy in 'ere! Me nose be stuufy; mak'n me be talk'n funny!


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen turns to Aurora. "Would you be willing to contact the Wizard of Sarenrae and ask if he'll teleport to us and take us back to Riddleport for some compensation? Perhaps for first dibs on buying the lamp?" He is offering the scroll of sending that Anzath has been carrying.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath is very much for selling the lamp, and very much against giving it to the dragon.


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

"To be clear, I strongly recommend that we keep this lamp far from that dragon. It is too risky to let it have the lamp or to try to pit the lamp against it."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |
Anzath wrote:
Anzath is very much for selling the lamp, and very much against giving it to the dragon.

Same for Adelie!


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless

"I agree," Aurora says with a nod. "Letting the dragon have it would be far too risky."

If the rest of the party is in assent, Aurora will take the scroll of sending to contact distant the wizard with the group's SoS.


That's a majority of the living, so I'll go ahead and write the scene despite the absence of puke-dad and Talathel.

Anzath hands the half-forgotten scroll case to Aurora, who flips open the ivory receptacle and sees the two tight-wound parchments inside. These Sending spells are bit above her level, so she takes a deep breath and concentrates:

Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Scroll Mishap?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Aurora's first attempt fizzles as the magic gets out of hand--but she wisely manages to back off from the casting before there's any damage to herself or the scroll. She shrugs at the party and decides to try the other one...

Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Scroll Mishap?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

...What the Fey Folk is going on?

Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

At last! Aurora forwards Tragershen's message to Sylvester, Official Cult Wizard of the Temple of Sarenrae (Riddleport Branch). It takes ten minutes to process the spell, so everyone shifts from one foot to the other, casting vague glaces back at the staircase, and pretty much fidget nervously.

And then Tragershen explains that Scrying takes an hour to cast.

Wandering Monster: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Wandering Monster: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Their waiting is uninterrupted, blessed be the hour. The party's ears begin ringing with the characteristically subtle bells of Scrying magic. Tragershen waves around the djinni's lamp encouragingly.

Does Detect Magic function through the Scry?: 1d100 ⇒ 23
Does Message?: 1d100 ⇒ 2

Both work!

A Message crackles in Tragershen's ear: "That is a very interesting find, you did well to report it, Wizard. Will arrive to collect in a moment."

Teleport: 1d100 ⇒ 61

POP goes the teleport spell. The wizard and a Sarenraean paladin stand in the room. The paladin half-draws a blade at the sight of Anzath, but then, when he sees the emblem of Sarenrae on her armor, he mutters, "Oh, it's the stalker!"


Sylvester the Wizard approaches the group and explains quickly, "Good to see you again, researchers. This place is unsafe. I can take two of you out under my own power today and come back for the rest tomorrow. I could bring you all out tomorrow, having time to prepare the proper array of spells. Or, I can use scrolls from the library and extract the rest today, but it would be a costly use of resources. In any case, I must have the magic item now. It must be properly secured."


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Since Lolly isn't here to answer, I think he should take Bedlam's CLW extract immediately. And probably the Enlarge Person if he's gonna stick around.

Anzath continues to shift uneasily, even after the appearance of the Sarenraeites. These people obviously make her uncomfortable.

"Ve have stirred up nest of ghoulz," she informs Sylvester, if all the scattered corpses don't make it obvious. "Dey are likely to return in numberz. Dere iz temple somewhere below. Ve kan likely sekure up nearby, but ve are down one dwarf."

I'd say take the squishies, but, they are sooooo helpful...


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"We can send the device through with you, but we will need to get a fair market price for it so that we can continue our mission here."

"We could cover the cost of scrolls for an expedited extraction from the proceeds. Around a thousand gold per use?" A 5th level scroll costs 1,125 gp at full price.


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Adelie descends to near ground level and curiously examines the wizard and paladin.
"As Anzath says, we will probably be facing many ghouls and priests soon if we stay. We could climb out through the tunnel we found, but it would be a tight squeeze for the rest of you and we would need to clear the collapsed portion first. In any case, I'm against leaving a small group behind with an unknown number number of potentially powerful priests on the way."

Can we have been clearing the tunnel while waiting, or do the spells require us to just stand still for an hour?


I'm not against you clearing the tunnel while you wait, but I think you would have to use magic to do so without a Knowledge:Engineering check to avoid a subsequent collapse. The rats make their tunnels by instinct and experience, and you don't really have either. But you have magic!

4,701 to 4,750 of 4,999 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Parrot's the Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.