GM Parrot's The Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk

Game Master parrot familiar

Google Drive for maps, loot, etc.

Anzath 55/55 (cursed -6 WIS)
Aurora 63/63
Bedlam 63/63
Lolly 41/70 (84 raging ;)
Talathel 46/46
Tarapen 32/32
Tragershen 51/51

Date: Septimus 14


4,451 to 4,500 of 6,482 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>

F half-drow Slayer 6/TWW 1 | AC20 T13 FF18 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 55/55 | F +8 R +7 (+2 vs Traps) W +3 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +13 (+15 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Cursed: -6 WIS

Where are we camping?


Adelie smells the same rat funk he smelled in the last midden. Forward? Back?


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

If his nose isn't giving him any reason to turn around, he’ll keep walking forwards.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 7 | HP 51 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+7 | Init:+10 | Perc +7 | St:+3 |

As Bedlam starts to butcher a dire rat, Tragershen again suggests to Anzath "Perhaps we should harvest some of the virus from the vermin to use against our enemies."


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 7 | 63/63 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 20 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 4/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects:

Aurora sticks to her rations, watching Bedlam cook up disease-ridden vermin with no small amount of disgust.


Adelie: I warned you that it was rat-stinky, and I doubt that your ability to smell rat will tell you much about how fresh the trail's stench is, at least not on the scale of a few hours difference between this midden and the last one (where y'all killed all the rats). As such, the massive nest of Dire Rats you're approaching will notice your scent when you notice theirs, the scent not of "rat was here" but "RAT IS HERE," at 30 feet distance. At that point, you're pretty much just in the mouth of the cave, so I don't predict too much trouble with your friends getting involved in time to bail you out! I am going to make you suffer one round of combat before they can react--neither you nor the rats are surprised, but I think your pals setting up camp will qualify as such.

Initiative:

Init Adelie: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Init Anzath underground: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Init Aurora: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Init Bedlam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Init Lolly: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Init Talathel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Init Tragershen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Init Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Talathel
Dire Rat
Bedlam
Dire Rat
Aurora
Tragershen
Dire Rat x 5, d2
Lolly
Dire Rat
Anzath
Dire Rat x 3
Adelie
Dire Rat x 2

As Adelie skitters over to investigate the mouth of the tunnel, he suddenly smells a live one. It smells him. A squealing goes up in the tunnel, and suddenly a tide of rats swarms over the druid!

Are you IN the tunnel/clogging it yet, or not? 1 yes 2 no: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Adelie isn't yet in a position to create a bottleneck. Here come the rats.

Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d4 ⇒ 3
Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 ⇒ 2
Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d4 ⇒ 3

After the first three, the next has to run through Adelie's threatened square. A nibble AOO!

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d4 ⇒ 2

It's fangs and fur as Adelie lashes out and gets some payback!

After that, all the available spaces around him are quickly full of rats. The last four get flanking. It's a good thing that you already killed the one with rogue levels.

Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d4 ⇒ 4
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 ⇒ 3
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d4 ⇒ 3
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d4 ⇒ 2
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d4 ⇒ 2

Adelie is bleeding from many tiny wounds! Filthy, disease-ridden wounds!

AC 14 in small Wild Shape, I think? Four hits, ten damage

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Adelie heroically fends off Filth Fever!

And he may act!

As may Talathel, as we head into normal initiative.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Bedlam wittles away at setting up camp, roasting delicious dire rat kabobs and mixing up a Mutagen.

'Bout time we be gitt'n un decent break! Me bets everyone be starv'n!


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie squeaks, "Eek! Stop! I don't want to fight!", then flees back the way he came. He tries to patch up some of the bleeding with cure light wounds.
HP: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Elf Fighter 7 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 46/46| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +11/+14, CMD: 26 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +9, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Martial Flexibility Uses: 5/6 |Active conditions: No longer plagued!

Talathel immediately moves into action, branched spear ready!

Double-move - or a charge - towards Adele's last known position, with the intent of backing up Adele in a fight or covering Adele as he withdraws.

If Talathel can charge, he will stab at a rat threatening Adele: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 = 25

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

AOO:

Stab!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 = 25

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Stab!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Stab!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 = 31

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Stab!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Stab!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 = 31

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Stab!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 = 18

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Stab!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 2 = 28

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Talathel rips a one-rat-wide path open for Adelie, who is then clobbered by many AOOs. The rats squeak back, "You smell like humanoid! Die, traitor!"

AOO Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d4 ⇒ 1
AOO Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d4 ⇒ 1
AOO Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d4 ⇒ 3
AOO Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 ⇒ 1
AOO Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d4 ⇒ 2
AOO Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d4 ⇒ 3
AOO Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 ⇒ 3

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Adelie takes 6 damage, for a net +6 on the turn.

Another dire rat emerges from the cave and bites Talathel!

Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 ⇒ 2

Tal's charge unbalances him just enough to let this rat's nibble through his guard.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Two damage to Tal. Bedlam may act, if he wants to!


Addendum: Tal's AOO! You deal 4 damage to the newest rat, but it lives to nibble nibble at your toes!


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Bedlam nonchalantly takes his heavy pick and sticks the vermin.
It be un buffet!

Melee +1 heavy pick: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie hisses at the rats.


Talathel
Dire Rat d4
Bedlam
Aurora
Tragershen
Dire Rat x 5, d2
Lolly
Dire Rat
Anzath
Dire Rat x 3
Adelie
Dire Rat x 2

Bedlam picks his next meal of the menu!

Aurora and Tragershen may act!


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 7 | HP 51 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+7 | Init:+10 | Perc +7 | St:+3 |

Tragershen casts a spell, sending shards of arcane force blazing at the rats. He steps quickly, making sure any rats coming directly for him would have to get past Tal's lightning fast spear first.

Casting magic missile. Starting with sending them at wounded rats until they fall, then non-wounded. So at the d4 rat until its down, then the d2, then a healthy one.

1st missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
2nd missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
3rd missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 7 | 63/63 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 20 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 4/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects:

Aurora ensures she is not in melee range of anything that wants to nibble on her, then casts Guidance on herself so she can use that sweet, sweet Divine Vessel...

Divine Vessel — This boon grants allies within 15ft. a +2 bonus on the next attack roll, skill check, or ability check made before the end of their next turn.


Talathel
Bedlam
Aurora
Tragershen
Dire Rat x 2, d2
Lolly
Dire Rat
Anzath
Dire Rat x 3
Adelie
Dire Rat x 2

Tragershen's magic ends a pair of rats and wounds another. The onslaught turns to Talathel and Bedlam.

bite v tal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 ⇒ 3
bite v bed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d4 ⇒ 2

Talathel continues to pay the price for his charge into combat, as he suffers a nibble nibble here and a nibble nibble there. Bedlam, likewise, is bleeding from a lil rat bite.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Never one to let a rat nibble distract him, Tal spears down the next two rats before they can reach him or his companion.

Lolly may act!


No doubt Lolly is buried in snow, ice, dogs, and children! I think I can guess what he'd do in this situation...

The mighty Shoanti warrior's legendarily quick feet carry him to the scene of action. When but a lad, he'd learned a game called "Hawkeye" beloved in the wintertide, played by slipping around on frozen ponds and swinging sticks at little flat balls called "pukwudgies," and fistfighting. His muscle memory recalls those happy days as he dips the tip of his greatsword and swings it mere inches (erm, centimeters!) off the ground.

do do de doop de dooo: CHARGE: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 142d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13

While not his cleanest shot, the rat-"puck" flies down the tunnel behind the battle--in two pieces.

Another rat emerges and attacks, soaking a Tal AOO and dying more or less instantly.

Anzath may act!


Talathel
Bedlam
Aurora
Tragershen
Dire Rat d2
Lolly
Anzath
Dire Rat x 3
Adelie
Dire Rat x 2


F half-drow Slayer 6/TWW 1 | AC20 T13 FF18 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 55/55 | F +8 R +7 (+2 vs Traps) W +3 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +13 (+15 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Cursed: -6 WIS

While Bedlam cooked and set up camp, Anzath paced around anxiously. The druid ran off down another tunnel, definitely having become unstable and self-destructive after the loss of his dog, she thought. Who knew what trouble he'd stir up. Well, more rats was surely on the table.

Despite her restlessness, she's among the last to run into the dire swarm.
Kritfisher+Charge+DV: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 26
VS dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16


Male LN Elf Fighter 7 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 46/46| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +11/+14, CMD: 26 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +9, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Martial Flexibility Uses: 5/6 |Active conditions: No longer plagued!

Talathel is relatively satisfied with his performance thus far, accepting a few bites as the price of sending many rats to their doom.

31/40 HP, I believe!


Talathel
Bedlam
Aurora
Tragershen
Lolly
Anzath
Adelie
Dire Rat x 2

There's really nothing like a good ol' fashioned dire rat encounter, is there? Even a group of level six characters has something to gain and something to add.

Anzath gains 135 XP for the party and adds one tiny rat-sized notch to her belt.

The next three rats boil forth from the cave and tap out Talathel's AOO pool. They also die, alas.

Adelie may act!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie squeaks angrily at the remaining rats.

Spoiler:
"You should have listened! We're stronger than you! Now you're going to die for nothing. Bad, bad rats!"

He casts remove sickness on Talathel, giving him a +4 bonus on saves against disease.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Bedlam belches. The dwarf licks his lips.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The last rats in the room darts forth, spewing foam and hissing.

Talathel's branched spear is too heavy with rats to flick into their path.

Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

But they fail. I have full confidence in the party's ability to bludgeon them to death, so I'll just give you these as a freebie.

Combat Over


F half-drow Slayer 6/TWW 1 | AC20 T13 FF18 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 55/55 | F +8 R +7 (+2 vs Traps) W +3 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +13 (+15 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Cursed: -6 WIS

Anzath lets out a slow and controlled breath as she wipes down her purple blade. "Ve should klear de karkassez. Ve do not vant to attrakt anyding elze vid smell of dead."


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Bedlam happily gathers the carcasses. The dwarf skins, seasons and cooks them.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 7 | HP 51 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+7 | Init:+10 | Perc +7 | St:+3 |

Tragershen works with Bedlam as he deals with the carcasses. He tries to harvest some of the virus laden filth from their jaws for future use.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Now we be cook'n, elf!

The dwarf frowns.
We be need'n sum onions and potatoes!


Y'all are gross

Knowledge Nature Tragershen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Tragershen knows that you can't harvest disease as Anzath harvests venom. He needs to come up with a procedure and some kind of skill check in order to harvest Filth Fever. He also knows that, with an onset of at least a day, a Filth Fever sword is likely to be less useful than some other options.

Bedlam has a Oregon Trail-esque pile of 500 pounds of rat meat to work with--certainly more than the party can eat in a sitting. But hey, you won't starve today.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 7 | HP 51 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+7 | Init:+10 | Perc +7 | St:+3 |

Is the cave where Adelie just stirred up a rats' nest a dead end? Is it a viable place to rest?


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Bedlam prepares rat flank steaks for the group. He makes jerky from the rest.


Adelie, do you continue your exploration of the Cave of Rats?


Male LN Elf Fighter 7 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 46/46| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +11/+14, CMD: 26 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +9, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Martial Flexibility Uses: 5/6 |Active conditions: No longer plagued!

Talathel stands guard over the cooking, in case the smell of roasting rat attracts...anything of note.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"Tragershen, what is your plan with the rat ichors?", he asks with obvious curiosity.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 7 | HP 51 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+7 | Init:+10 | Perc +7 | St:+3 |

"Hm? Oh. I am just planning ahead. I am thinking it may be useful if we encounter the lair of a powerful force."

"For example. Say we encounter a complex of orcs that is more than we believe we can overpower. We can sneak some of this into their food or water store. If it works, the plague will weaken them, perhaps even kill some. Therefore softening them up for our assault. Even if a shaman recognizes the symptoms, they may just believe the individual were infected by rogue rats. Frankly, I'm surprised this tactic isn't used more often! Disease can be such an effective force."

Tragershen seems quite proud of the tactic he's describing.


Male LN Elf Fighter 7 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 46/46| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +11/+14, CMD: 26 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +9, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Martial Flexibility Uses: 5/6 |Active conditions: No longer plagued!

Talathel nods slightly.

"I am in agreement that we should keep diseases as a tool if practical. Diseases however are unpredictable and difficult to control, which I imagine are the reasons they are not used more in warfare. We should also ensure that our own defenses against disease are bolstered before deploying such. I would be content to render assistance if desired. I recommend sturdy containers as a starting point."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape
GM Parrot wrote:
Adelie, do you continue your exploration of the Cave of Rats?

Yes


F half-drow Slayer 6/TWW 1 | AC20 T13 FF18 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 55/55 | F +8 R +7 (+2 vs Traps) W +3 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +13 (+15 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Cursed: -6 WIS

Anzath listens in on the elves. She suddenly suspects Tragershen of reading from Yaza’s journal. As Talathel begins lecturing on the subject of disease warfare, she quietly digs through her pack. Ah, the random pages she took from the twice dead woman are still there, comfortingly indecipherable.

She returns to the pair and kneels besides a dead rat. "Iz dumb idea. Let me help."
Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Bedlam stops his food preparation. The dwarf digs among his various pockets, producing vials and tools. After only 2 minutes, the Alchemist hands a vial each to the elves.
Be best you drink dese fore you be handling dat.

1 Delay Disease Extract each.

Bedlam then returns to his Cuisine d'Art.


Adelie finds a rat nest, mercifully empty of baby dire rats who are so cute, after all. The nest is constructed from the bones of a dwarf whose body still retains some of its armor. The dwarf's helmet is the only rust-free object of the set, which is badly deteriorated.

Tragershen and Anzath work on gathering Filth Fever. It doesn't go terribly well.

Fort Save Anz: 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 5 = 22

Fort Save Tal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Fortunately, these aren't the most virulent of germs. Soon you have a jar full of filthy yellowed teeth, the source of the infections sometimes come from dire rats.

The cave falls silent, except for the raging of the river and its whirlpool.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Bedlam does whistle as he works....


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie grips the helmet in his little rat mouth and runs back down the tunnel to the party. He drops his prize in front of Tragershen.
Is it made of hide or some type of metal or something else?


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 7 | HP 51 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+7 | Init:+10 | Perc +7 | St:+3 |

When the rat brings out the helmet, Tragershen rubs the rat on the head and mutters "Good boy." Tragershen checks out the helmet. He casts detect magic on it and prestidigitation to clean it.

Appraise 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


You've got a very valuable magic helmet there, Tragershen! The metalwork is a little odd--it has a facemask with a wide-open mouth opening and (even weirder) big ears on each side.

The echoes of Bedlam's whistles trill alongside the subterranean stream, and waves of the delicious scent of well-cooked dire rat chase away the clean air of the cavern.


Male LN Elf Fighter 7 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 46/46| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +11/+14, CMD: 26 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +9, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Martial Flexibility Uses: 5/6 |Active conditions: No longer plagued!

"Welcome back, Adelie. We should take turns eating, in case of uninvited guests."


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 7 | 63/63 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 20 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 4/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects:

With the rodent menace defeated, Aurora settles back down to wearily watch the group go about their post-combat rituals. Still distrustful of the roasting dire rat dinner, she fetches a few strips of jerky from her rations to chew at, adamant to abstain from what she saw as food poisoning just waiting to happen.


F half-drow Slayer 6/TWW 1 | AC20 T13 FF18 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 55/55 | F +8 R +7 (+2 vs Traps) W +3 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +13 (+15 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Cursed: -6 WIS

Anzath is quite comfortable with the dwarven cuisine, but finds it uncomfortable eating rat while Adelie remains in rat form.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

Bedlam joyfully chews his delicious dinner. The dwarf smiles at the druid.


This is how my party does the Tolkien feast scene. My mental image is so rich right now. I want to save us some time so, here's a tidying up task:

Tragershen gives the helmet a good look: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

The instant Tragershen gives it a heft, he realizes it's a Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic!


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 7 Initiative+6 Hp 63/63 AC 23 Fort+9/11, Ref+9/11, Will+5/7 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active: Too much to list here

I could keep going describing our feast...lol? We get full rest. Ready for the morning? Nice find!

4,451 to 4,500 of 6,482 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Parrot's the Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.