GM Parrot's The Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk

Game Master parrot familiar

Google Drive for maps, loot, etc.

Adelie 50/50
Anzath 48/48
Aurora 50/50
Bedlam 57/57
Lolly 60/60
Moneduloides 37/37
Talathel 30/40
Tragershen 30/30

Date: Septimus 13


5,201 to 5,250 of 5,961 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin

Assuming Aurora's Lion is now very dead.

As Bedlam's pick comes braining down on the lion, Anzath turns to face the last of the majestic beasts. She leads the charge before it chooses its next prey.

Kritfisher+Charge: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20
VS dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Even fate wants Bedlam to be a lion-slayer.

Aurora's lion crumples into a heap under Bedlam's pick. Talathel, about to sprint that way, redirects his attack to the other lion Seems more useful, you're all gonna win this one, I think!

His long-reach weapon allows him to stab the beast from relative safety.

Anzath, on the other hand, has to duck under the last lion's guard to approach it:

Bite AOO+Grab: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 141d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

Somehow, despite her bounding momentum, she slips through and slashes the beast! Kritfisher flashes, blood falls, lion roars.

Tragershen, Adelie, Lolly, and Aurora may act!


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 20 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

The forest floor seems to be turning to mud where the weeping dwarf stands.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen calls on the power of a small pearl in his pack. Through its enchantment, he feels the memory of a basic spell restored to his mind.

Using pearl of power to restore magic missile to his memorized spells.


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects:

The cleric grips at her holy symbol, bringing magic to her free hand to infuse herself with. She proceeds to scuttle away from combat.

Spontaneous Casting: Prayer > Cure Serious Wounds
Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3, 7) + 6 = 20

And I think this is the last round of Haste?


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie flies up to the remaining dire lion and whacks at its face.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If Lolly can get a big swipe in, this fight might be over! If not, one more round of lion.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lolly furiously charges the lone last lion:

RAGEGREATSWORDCHARGE: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 2 = 322d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 = 16

In a stroke of ill-luck, the barbarian gets "snake eyes with glasses," the "ballerina special," the "double dose," the "animals went in two by two," 2 and 2 on the dice. The lion lives! The lion lashes.

1 adi 2 anz 3 lolz 4 tal: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Like any overgrown kitten, it ignores the humanoids for the irritating bit of fluff that just bopped it on the head...

Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 241d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Lion flashes, lion gashes.

32 damage, grappled (not that the grap matters much with the backup you have)

All may act! Lion at 7 HP


Wolf (6) | HP:37/37 | AC:20 | FF:17 | T:13 | F+7+1; R+8+1; W+2+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone still doesn’t fully understand the situation, but she knows that Adelie is in danger. She charges towards the lion.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 1 + 1 + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Trip: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 1 = 16


Wolf (6) | HP:37/37 | AC:20 | FF:17 | T:13 | F+7+1; R+8+1; W+2+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

And attacks again because the GM has graciously said that Mone’s previous attack happened last round:
Attack: 1d20 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (16) - 1 + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Trip: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 17


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin

Anzath smiles as Mone rushes in snarling. "Good doggo."
Gold and purple flashing.
Kritfisher: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Vael's Blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Kritfisher: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Krit Konfirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Krit dmg+Killer: 2d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 + 2 = 16


Combat OVAHHH!

The last lion falls before the onslaught of warrior and wolf.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 20 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Bedlam begins looking for that durn evil Harpy.


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie swoops towards the last place he saw the harpy chick.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin

Anzath flicks blood off her blade and wipes it down. She turns to Tal, an eyebrow raised "Vhat happened?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects:

"What is WRONG with all of you?!"

Once the lions are most certainly definitely confirmedly dead, Aurora will pulse out some channels.

Channel Positive Energy (Heal): 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) = 10
Channel Positive Energy (Heal): 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 4) = 13
Channel Positive Energy (Heal): 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) = 7


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Talathel kisses Anzath again.

"My dearest, a harpy's song enchanted you, Lolly, and Adelie. They apparently wanted 'allies' to help clear that pride of dire lions from below their nest in that tree."

Talathel points to the fallen trunk.

"Luckily, enough of us remained unenchanted to effect a rescue. I am glad that you are all safe."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie silently instructs Mone to guard the living harpy chick while he goes to investigate the fallen tree and the crushed nest and harpies.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13


Wolf (6) | HP:37/37 | AC:20 | FF:17 | T:13 | F+7+1; R+8+1; W+2+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone trots over to the harpy chick and prepares to attack anything that comes near it. As she does so, she sends a nearly constant stream of questions at Adelie via their bonded mind link.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The harpy chick is perched happily in the tree where her mother left her, at least until Mone and Bedlam approach. Then, she tries to fly towards Mone, but instead she glide-plops to the forest floor, rustling her pin feathers and waddling over to the wolf, cooing and singing. In common, she chants the canid a harpy nursery rhyme: "Dog of the wood, be good, be good/ wolf of the wild be good/ talk 'em and treat 'em/ sing 'em and eat 'em/ dog of the wood, is good!"

But she doesn't seem to actually have any malice in mind as she strokes Mone. She seems to have no idea that her family has been brutally slaughtered, and as Bedlam approaches, she squeals with delight: "Big bird, no wings! HA!"

Aurora, devoted to the god of knowledge, asks a question too complex for a simple answer. But at least "what's wrong with you?" now no longer includes 30 HP damage for those where such is relevant.

Adelie sees that the nest is built of boughs and bones--the bodies of the victims are incorporated into the structure. The beasts are quite dead. It will take a bit longer to rustle through the mess to see if there's anything worth taking...


Wolf (6) | HP:37/37 | AC:20 | FF:17 | T:13 | F+7+1; R+8+1; W+2+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone nuzzles the baby harpy gently, then takes a protective stance over her.


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects:

With an exhausted huff, Aurora marches over to join Moneduloides in guarding the harpy chick from anyone who may get too weapon-happy.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin

Anzath surveys the scene. Nothing appears to be a viable threat. She sheaths her magical blades and thanks Tal with a returned kiss on the cheek. "You are o.k. yez?"

In checking on Tal and the others, she happens a glance to Tragershen. She probably owes her life, again, to his magiks, but who's counting? She asks the wizard if there's anything useful to be harvested from the felled monsters.


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

"Just fine, thanks to Aurora and Tragershen's magic."

Talathel thinks about harpies, dire lions, and their value dead as he moves to assist in seeking loot.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 20 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Bedlam looms over the harpy-chick. The dwarf nods.
Durn toot'n! Me be hav'n no wings.

The dwarf then goes to hunt for eats.
Survival (Wis): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


The party definitely knows that a pride of Dire Lion pelts will bring a pretty penny in a market. Adelie knows that Drusilla would not be pleased with the party's actions, but whether you tell that to everyone else (and how you feel yourself) is up to you. Lion meat is edible.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen lands amongst the others, a somewhat sheepish expression on his face. "That didn't go quite how I had planned. I had hoped that the burst of fire would make the lions think me their foe, and then I could lead them away while airborne. Alas, the tree wasn't as sturdy as I thought."

Trag returns the necklace to Anzath. "We should collect their hides to take into town. The other remains will feed the remaining harpies for a while to come."


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

"I concur. Those pelts will be left to rot otherwise. We should make use of them."


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 20 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Bedlam weeps as the ever pragmatic dwarf skins the lions.


The baby harpy crow-hops over to Bedlam and dances excitedly from foot to foot, rustling her feathers and spinning around in excitement. "Cat is good! Feed Nicothoe, big beard bird!" If nobody stops her, she dives into whatever offal Bedlam places aside during the operation and soon her cute little hands and face are covered with blood. But she looks really happy! She seems to have no clue that her family is dead.

Time passes as the party cleans its kills.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 20 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Bedlam continues to work. When he thinks no one is watching, he feeds Nicothoe.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin

Anzath pays the baby harpy no mind. As well as skinning the beasts, she'll also remove any and all canine teeth. Take 20 on Survival nets 30. As she helps with the butchery, she looks, almost sympathetically, to Adelie. Knowing what she knows of the situation, if she had had her wits about her, she would have advocated for a more... conservative... solution.

But, what's done is done, and no use letting these beautiful golden pelts to rot in the forest.


Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:72/72 AC:18 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +12 Ref +6 Will +8 Rage:17/17

Sorry , busy busy...and thanks for the bot!

Lolygert, nursing a harpy song headache, and a normal alcohol induced one, helps Bedlam skin the lions, "Ah, quit yer bellaching, Bel. This one tried to rip by guts open..."

He then goes an helps tear through the nest to see if there was anything useful therein...


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Thinking of his budding friendship with Dark, Tragershen pulls forth some vials and gathers intriguing specimens for the mystic. Maybe some lion blood, harpy saliva, etc. If Adelie objects to any of this though, he'll flush bright red and stop immediately.

Later, he'll tell Aurora "I was inspired. The plan seemed so clear. But when the tree fell, everything sort of fell apart. It would have spared the harpies and the remaining lions would have been burned but certainly alive and drawn away."


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects:

Aurora keeps an eye on Nicothoe while the others work on collecting parts from the dead lions, doing her best to ensure the chicklet doesn't get too much in the way or run afoul of Bedlam's harpy-murdering temper. Once Nicothoe's eaten, Aurora soaks a spare cloth in water via create water and tries to get the worst of the blood off.

-------

"An intriguing plan..." Aurora says in response to Tragershen later, her expression reserved. "I suppose I'm just concerned, given your recent... incident in the Temple. In the future, it may be wise to try communicating your intents beforehand... especially when large fireballs are concerned."


Wolf (6) | HP:37/37 | AC:20 | FF:17 | T:13 | F+7+1; R+8+1; W+2+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone does not leave Nicothoe’s side for a moment, and glares suspiciously at anyone who approaches. She does not, however, object to Bedlam feeding the little harpy.


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie watches the others quietly. He scolds himself briefly for not resisting the harpy’s song, and he wonders about how the harpies came to be nesting in dire lion territory. He supposes they thought the lions would be useful. Poor lions. But the lions are dead, and so are the harpies, save one. Nicothoe. He hovers carefully above Mone and the harpy chick, then settles next to them and returns to his human form.


Wolf (6) | HP:37/37 | AC:20 | FF:17 | T:13 | F+7+1; R+8+1; W+2+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone aids Aurora by licking Nicothoe's face clean of blood.


Nicothoe laughs a shrieking, though somehow not unmusical, laughter as the dog's rough tongue licks her clean. "She eats me, she does not eat me! Good wolf!"

She waddles over to her new friends and ruffles up her unruly mass of feathers. She leans towards you, munching on the meat she's horked up from her now-bulging crop, and waits expectantly. You see that some of the feathers look normal, but others are white tubes, and still others are black tubes with white tips. Knowledge: Nature, Profession: Farmer, etc. DC 15 yields the fact that you're supposed to scratch open the white ones. If you scratch the black ones, it hurts if they are really fresh, she'll bleed! My parrots taught me this. Here's a video of other parrots, if you want the visuals:

Cockatiels growing up, see day 18-21 for the "look" of lil' Nico

Loot from the harpy nest soon!


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Adelie tells the party that the tubes are pin feathers, and the black ones have blood. The white ones can be gently scratched to help the feather casing fall away.


Got the book off the old computer!

In the wreckage of the harpy nest, you find many shiny baubles harvested from their victims. Most are worthless, worn away to almost nothing through long processing in harpy crops. But among them, you find one magical stone for Tragershen to identify.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Spellcraft 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Tragershen examines the gem. "Well, this will certainly be useful in our delves. The gem is enchanted to provide light as well as a lantern. And for a greater toll on its duration, the brightness can be such that it assaults foes." gem of brightness, 40 charges.


Is the party ready to move on?


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:19 | FF:15 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

I believe we are ready to move on. To summarize, we have tended to wounds, salvaged valuables and left the deceased for scavengers (a la the circle of life)? Trag is almost out of spells, so he won't be of much help if we run into trouble again.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 20 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

After skinning and stowing the lion meat, Bedlam gathers his gear.
Ready?


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (22 with haste) (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Glancing back at the gore, the smashed trees, and the gory corpses, Talathel replies:

"Aye. Let us be away from this....site."


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:16 | FF:14 | T:14 | F+7; R+2; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 (darkvision 60)| Active Effects: Wildshape

Adelie scans the crushed nest for any baubles that look durable, non-perishable, and easy to carry, in case Nicothoe wants something familiar to play with or chew on.

As they are getting ready to depart, he gathers up Nicothoe and tries to determine if she can hang onto Mone’s back without harming her or falling off.


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12, FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects:

At Adelie's advice and the group's preparations to leave, Aurora will grab the crossbow she dropped while fighting the dire lion to stow back in its place, then try to set to work gingerly rubbing at Nicothoe's white pins. If rubbing proves insufficient, she'll progress to careful scratching.

The cleric's expression, however, is at least somewhat gobsmacked at the turn of events and the group's adoption of a child.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The party packs it up and rolls it out, looking to make more progress towards Zelkor's before nightfall. With the wizard out of sorts (French pun--a magic spell is "sort" in French!), they trust to luck as much as magic. Soon, night falls, and the full moon of Augusta rises.

dusk: 1d10 ⇒ 11d10 ⇒ 8

A pack of wolves and worgs emerges from the moonlit wood. They curiously question Mone in wolven about the overwhelming scent of blood and lion and offer to eat Nico. When Mone demurs, they give a yawning wolf-shrug and explain that they are sniffing for any trouble leaking from the dungeon and move on.

By nightfall, they've left the dangerous foothills and are back in the still-awful Forest of Hope.

9PM: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Midnight: 1d10 ⇒ 3

4AM: 1d10 ⇒ 10
dawn: 1d10 ⇒ 3
noon: 1d10 ⇒ 5
afternoon: 1d10 ⇒ 10
dusk: 1d10 ⇒ 5
night: 1d10 ⇒ 11d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
midnight: 1d10 ⇒ 6

At nightfall, the party recognizes that they are in the scene of their first battle with the huge hunting spiders they'd battled before, what seems like a long time ago now. If their fates had been spun out differently, they'd surely be walking into the trap now.

4AM: 1d10 ⇒ 5
dawn: 1d10 ⇒ 10
noon: 1d10 ⇒ 2
afternoon: 1d10 ⇒ 3

On the second day of Septimus, the party arrives back at Zelkor's ferry.

Have they been attacked while you've been away? It's been 19 days: 1d100 ⇒ 491d100 ⇒ 101d100 ⇒ 651d100 ⇒ 691d100 ⇒ 611d100 ⇒ 761d100 ⇒ 651d100 ⇒ 191d100 ⇒ 421d100 ⇒ 261d100 ⇒ 231d100 ⇒ 11d100 ⇒ 101d100 ⇒ 21d100 ⇒ 751d100 ⇒ 181d100 ⇒ 471d100 ⇒ 21d100 ⇒ 16

how bad was the attack on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being awful?: 1d10 ⇒ 10 Oh and who attacked?: 1d7 ⇒ 3

The palisade around the town stands firmly, and you're hailed as you approach through the newly cleared forest around the ever-expanding settlement. Ippolit and Captain Skorma come out to meet you, excitedly asking for news of the hobgoblin army that had attacked the Ferry a week or so prior. The grim captain allows himself a thin smile, "Did you see them out there? They came down and attacked as if we were still a flyspeck settlement, but we showed 'em, what with all the new manpower we have. They didn't stay long--they didn't lose many. We assumed they were still loitering around out there, but here you are... what in the nine hells is that monster you've got there?!"

They are so proud of their successful defense of the village that they forget entirely to ask how you've done until you're well within the walls. There, the extended Bristleback family herds you into the hall of the Boar's Board for a debriefing. A pair of mercenaries loiters at one table, and the rest are full of refugees who greet you with glad tidings. Gelver stands by Aurora's side, nervous and twitchy as always, but glad. Needless to say, nobody's paying for drinks in Zelkor's Ferry.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 20 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Bedlam bellows a howdy to the folks of Zelkors Ferry. The dwarf gladly takes turns tasting treats and tatters!

5,201 to 5,250 of 5,961 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Parrot's the Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.