GM Nowruz's #6–10 'The Wounded Wisp' (Tier 1-2) - 20180430 (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Wounded Wisp - Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

You have been stationed at the Grand Lodge in Absalom, awaiting assignment for a mission that you hope will be of utmost importance.

Things finally seemed in motion when Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng sent out a summons for available agents. Specialized in the history of Absalom, Dreng is known for putting off-duty agents to work on sundry tasks when he finds them resting within the city’s limits.

You were asked to all come together in one of the meeting rooms of the Grand Lodge and have been waiting for a couple of minutes already but Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng has not arrived, yet.

Liberty's Edge

ratfolk rogue 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 18, T 15, FF 14 | F+0 R+0, W+2 | Perc +8 (traps +9) | Init +8

A happy looking ratfolk woman looks around, to see who else is present.

Dark Archive

Male CN Human Magus (Bladebound) 3.0 | AC 15 {19 w/ Shield} (T 10/FF 15) | CMB +4 CMD 14 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +0 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +3 (+5 vs Cold Weather)| Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Arcane Pool +1: 4/4 | Black Blade's Arcane Pool: 1/1 | Active Conditions:

A human with dark hair and hazel eyes, wearing black lamellar leather armor with a long sword sheathed at his belt and a holster holding a book also attached to his belt.

He introduces himself, "I am Dark Schnyder. A magus that specializes with a sword."


Suddenly a little female gnome with pink hair opens the door to your meeting room and asks “Are you the team waiting for Drandle? He won’t be able to meet you here but left an address for you to meet him. Here you go!“

She hands one of you a piece of paper with the address and runs out as fast as she had arrived.

Grand Lodge

A creepy, almost goblin looking creature joins your group, "Yes yes, we are all gathered for the society? My skills are the powers of shadow and earth and my name is Thendros." he says as he pulls a fuzzy critter out of his pocket, "And this is Tasker," he says showing off a squirrel, "He likes to play all kinds of prankses on the bad guys!"

The Concordance

Male N Squirrel | HP 5/5| AC 19 T 18 FF 15 | CMB +8 CMD 6 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

"[Squirrel noises]"

Tasker is a prankster familiar. I have no idea what "sounds" a squirrel makes, feel free to enlighten me what a good "word" for their sounds would be if you can think of one.

Grand Lodge

Disregard Thendros's previous intro, this is actually Thendros!

A man strides calmly amidst your group, he carries a gourd of some kind of his back, "Greetings, my name is Thendros. I control sand and it protects me." he states briefly before standing nearly perfectly still, arms crossed, waiting patiently for more to arrive.

Dark Archive

Male CN Human Magus (Bladebound) 3.0 | AC 15 {19 w/ Shield} (T 10/FF 15) | CMB +4 CMD 14 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +0 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +3 (+5 vs Cold Weather)| Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Arcane Pool +1: 4/4 | Black Blade's Arcane Pool: 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Dark smirks as the female gnome with pink hair hands them the note and then runs away. "I wonder if the drapes match the curtains." He then laughs at his own joke.

"I suppose we should wait to see if anymore show up before we head off to meet the Venture-Captain."


The little female gnome with the pink hair enters the room again and says "Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you that Drandle wants you to introduce yourself properly to each other. He said that this mission can involve a lot of ale and he wants you to know each other at least a little before you see each other completely drunk!" she says with a sly smile.

DC 10 kn(local):

Drandle Dreng is the venture-captain of the Pathfinder Society who handles Pathfinder assignments concerning Absalom's history and mysteries. He has a remarkable memory: he recalls hidden truths about the city's most important people that even they have forgotten. These secrets are not just gathered from Pathfinder agents: he gathers information personally.

The Concordance

Male Ifrit Bard (flame dancer) 2 | HP 12/15 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 | Perf 12/12 | Spells 3/3 | Enlarge 1/1

Fashionably late, Quezaltzin saunters into the room, dressed in a scarlet dancer's outfit that sets off his brassy hair and bronze skin. "Greetings darlings, how perfect to be here today!"

"Maybe you've heard of me, Quezaltzin the master of fire? Paragon of the Steaming Sea? Singer of sparks, dancer of flames? Hmm? No? Ah well, I guess I need to work on spreading my reputation."

Dark Archive

Male CN Human Magus (Bladebound) 3.0 | AC 15 {19 w/ Shield} (T 10/FF 15) | CMB +4 CMD 14 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +0 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +3 (+5 vs Cold Weather)| Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Arcane Pool +1: 4/4 | Black Blade's Arcane Pool: 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (Local), untrained DC10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Dark chuckles, "Looks like we have some flamboyant types here. Should be fun."

He recalls some of what he knows about Venture-Captain Dreng. "The Venture-Captain might have something interesting for us too. If my memory is correct, he likes to delve into Absalom's history and her mysteries personally."

Grand Lodge

"Well, shall we go the address then?" Thendros asks the group as sand swirls around him from using his geokinesis.

Liberty's Edge

ratfolk rogue 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 18, T 15, FF 14 | F+0 R+0, W+2 | Perc +8 (traps +9) | Init +8

Sandi says "Hi, I'm Sandi. I'm good at not being seen. Someday, though, I hope to ride into combat on a great, fierce riding rat!"

Silver Crusade

Male NG Angel-blooded Aasimar Spiritualist (Phantom Blade/Fractured Mind) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 19 (23 with shield)  T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | tbd | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

A golden-haired man slips into the room, dressed in armor and an array of standard gear you’d expect on a Pathfinder. You likely notice two things. First, he has no weapon or scabbard despite his martial bearing and dress, and he has clearly visible scars around his wrists and neck, likely from manacles. He looks around tentatively, and asks, ”So I managed to arrive before our mission briefing? I get so turned around in these hallways.”

After the gnome leaves her second message, Calvert bluntly explains: ”I’ve recently been freed from slavery during that assault on Absalom. I saw the Pathfinders doing good that day, and I decided to join, though I must admit I’m not entirely sure what I’ve gotten myself into.”

Dark Archive

Male CN Human Magus (Bladebound) 3.0 | AC 15 {19 w/ Shield} (T 10/FF 15) | CMB +4 CMD 14 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +0 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +3 (+5 vs Cold Weather)| Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Arcane Pool +1: 4/4 | Black Blade's Arcane Pool: 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Dark smiles, "Welcome Sandi and Calvert. As for what you have gotten yourself into. Hmm... I would say wealth, fame, and the women." Pauses, "Or men." as he shrugs.


You decide to go to the address and any Pathfinders that are late will receive the address from the lovely young gnome.

Coming to the meeting place—an odd choice of venue, as it is a street corner far from the Grand Lodge—a lone beggar garbed in baggy robes approaches. The only figure visible in the constant drizzle, the beggar sticks out his hands for currency.

“Have you any coin to spare, fine folk?”

The question hangs in the air for only a scant moment before the figure pulls back his hood to reveal the wizened face of Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng. He gives a crooked smile, soaked head to toe from his unprotected time in the rain. His clothes smell faintly of cabbage.

“Sorry about that,” he says with a wink. “I always like to play a little joke on agents when I stumble across them during my jaunts into town. Now, why did I summon you fine folk here again…?”

Dreng shakes his head from side to side, as though trying to knock water out of his ears, despite the constant downpour.

“Ah yes, the Wounded Wisp! I’m undercover now and can’t stray far from the site I’m watching, but I need someone to retrieve a package for me from that fine establishment. It’s among Absalom’s most storied taverns, you see, and one that holds a special place of privilege in the Society’s lore as the place where the organization began. Well, I could drone on and on about it, but standing out in the rain is doing none of us any favors.”

As if anticipating agreement, the bedraggled Venture-Captain produces a small slip of folded paper from one of his many stitched pockets. Dreng quickly shows a glimpse of the page’s contents: a map detailing the location of the Wounded Wisp bar.

“The bartender is a woman by the name of Heryn Gale, a fine lady who came to own the Wisp after the passing of her father from—oh, bah, it’s really getting too cold for me to give a proper history lesson! If you could just go to the Wisp, and tell Heryn you’re there to pick up my parcel, it would be most appreciated. I’ll be around here for several more hours at least.”

Some characters may have greater knowledge of the Pathfinder Society’s history and its association with the Wounded Wisp.
You can use knowledge (history) to see what your character knows about the Wounded Wisp bar and its history. Open all Spoilers up to the DC you met with your roll. Any Pathfinder can attempt this check untrained.

DC 10+:

The Wounded Wisp was a bar once frequented by the original members of the Pathfinder Society before the Society was even formed. Inside the Wisp, acquaintances would share stories about their adventurous exploits with one another.

DC 15+:

Many volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles came together under the Wisp’s roof. Famous Pathfinders like Eando Kline and the Seeker Osprey often stopped by for a drink while they relaxed in Absalom between assignments. Though not officially affiliated with the Society, the bar maintains good relations with Pathfinders, offering discounts and prompt service. The owners have always kept themselves and the Wisp afloat through the generosity of Society agents who spend coin at the establishment.

DC 20+:

Selmius Foster was one of the founding members of the Pathfinder Society, known to have frequented the Wisp often and occasionally taken up residence in a spare room between his travels. His celebrated exploits first appeared in Volume 1 of the Pathfinder Chronicles.

DC 25+:

Following the death of Selmius Foster on the island of Bhopan, his assistant Adolphus made several donations to maintain one of his mentor’s favorite sites. The exact arrangement between Adolphus and the owners of the Wisp was never disclosed, but it is said that some of this gold came from the same fortune that Adolphus used to found the Pathfinder lodge in Quantium.

“Do you have any questions?“

Grand Lodge

Thendros listens for a moment before replying, "Go to the Wounded Wisp, ask Heryn Gale for Venture Captain Drendle-Dreng's package, return it to you. Sound's simple enough, consider it done. If you aren't here when we are finished, where might else could we find you?"

The Concordance

Male Ifrit Bard (flame dancer) 2 | HP 12/15 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 | Perf 12/12 | Spells 3/3 | Enlarge 1/1

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The dancer doesn't seem to be interested in much except the feeling of rain on his face.

Dark Archive

Male CN Human Magus (Bladebound) 3.0 | AC 15 {19 w/ Shield} (T 10/FF 15) | CMB +4 CMD 14 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +0 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +3 (+5 vs Cold Weather)| Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Arcane Pool +1: 4/4 | Black Blade's Arcane Pool: 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dark frowns at himself, knowing he should know more about the Pathfinders in general but gives up. "Right. We get this package and return it to you. Sounds simple enough."

"Yeah, right..." he thinks to himself. "When is a simple fetch quest simple with the Society."

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC 17 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7* R:+7 W:+7 (+2 vs. enchantments, hot weather, +1 vs. disease, poison) | Init +2 | Perc +9, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +8 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool: 5/5, Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Local (untrained, max DC 10): 1d20 ⇒ 15
Knowledge History (untrained, max DC 10): 1d20 ⇒ 13

A solidly built half-orc woman with pale green skin tattooed with ancient osiriani sigils approaches the group. She wears her long black hair tied back, and has rather large teeth protruding from her mouth. She's soaked from the rain, and clearly not used to weather like this. She bows deeply, and announces, "A thousand apologies. I am new to the city of Absalom, and had difficulty navigating in the rain. I humbly beg forgiveness for my tardiness."

After she's been forgiven, the half-orc stands to her full height and locks eyes with each of the other Pathfinders, nodding at each of them respectfully. When she meets Venture Captain Dreng's eyes she recognizes him, and adds, "I am known as Kenza Bloodborn. It is a great honour, sir. I vow to protect the agents under my care."

After hearing about their seemingly simple mission, Kenza bows respectfully again. "The Wounded Wisp? My superiors told me many tales of this hallowed establishment. I am honoured to be chosen for this mission."

She seems to take her job very seriously.

Suddenly realizing that her fellow agents don't seem to know about the Wounded Wisp, she looks surprised. "A thousand apologies." She nods her head respectfully to the others before explaining, "The Wounded Wisp was a bar once frequented by the original members of the Pathfinder Society before the Society was even formed. Inside the Wisp, acquaintances would share stories about their adventurous exploits with one another. It is the place where the Pathfinder Society was born."

Liberty's Edge

ratfolk rogue 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 18, T 15, FF 14 | F+0 R+0, W+2 | Perc +8 (traps +9) | Init +8

kn. history, untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

"We will do as you ask, sir." Sandi says respectfully to the Venture Captain.


"You can find me here again when you got my bottle. I am not going anywhere at the moment."

He suddenly stares to corner to his right and hesitates moment – then looks at you “Run, run, otherwise you might be too late!“

Following the instructions you arrive at the Wounded Wisp bar.


The Wounded Wisp is located in the Foreign Quarter district of Absalom, close to the grounds of the Grand Lodge.

Dreng’s hastily sketched map provides basic directions. You have no difficulty finding the establishment with the map Dreng provided. Almost every initiate or member has heard of or seen the building at some point.

Built from dark, discolored wood, the exterior of the Wounded Wisp is the image of an iconic dive bar. Stained and barred windows obscure direct vision into the establishment, though ruddy yellow light bleeds from a window in the front hall.

In the hours just before dawn, the building closes long enough for menials to clean and to give staff a rest.

The only distinguishing feature on the Wisp’s exterior is a thick wooden sign hanging from above the bar’s entrance. A brass ring fitted onto the sign anchors a lantern—referred to by the staff as “the wisp”— that hangs there during the evening hours.


Description of the Wounded Wisp based on what you can already see (see map in handouts.)

A1. Entry Hall: This long wooden hallway is the entrance to the Wounded Wisp, heading north into the building itself. The walls are covered in numerous decorations and trophies left by successful Pathfinders who’ve donated minor paraphernalia to the bar.

A2. Coat Check: This large closet contains various coat racks and shelves for patrons to place any equipment they don’t want to lug with them. Typically a teenager works here and manages any garments the patrons wish to stow.

A3. Main Hall: Tables fill the main floor of the Wounded Wisp where patrons sit with colleagues and share stories over drinks. Three sets of stairs lead up to a raised dining area (area A5).

A4. Bar: Staffed by at least one employee of the Wounded Wisp, the bar holds a variety of different beers, while hard liquors are kept in a glass case on the wall behind the bar.

A5. Dining Area: Four feet above the main floor of the Wounded Wisp, this section is sectioned off by elegant metal railings. On this level, patrons can enjoy a more private meal without the noise of the area below.


You step inside. The smell of smoke and spilled ale assails the senses in this wide-open area. Walls of dark-stained wood make up the sides of the Wounded Wisp, while well-used wooden tables are spread throughout the space. A raised area in the back of the establishment houses several additional tables and eating areas for groups seeking more than just a good drink. An austere bar supported by kegs instead of wooden panels commands the northern end of the room. A stained-glass cabinet stands behind the bar, its dark panes cracked in several spots, yet not so opaque as to conceal the several dozen types of hard liquor within.

As you arrive, a handful of different groups are already relaxing around the bar, enjoying drink and food offered by the Wisp’s staff.


You all notice that the current talk of the bar is that Sir Reinhart of Kenabres, a Mendevian crusader who recently arrived from the north, plans on attempting the Test of the Starstone, the legendary trial by which one might ascend to godhood.

The Concordance

Male Ifrit Bard (flame dancer) 2 | HP 12/15 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 | Perf 12/12 | Spells 3/3 | Enlarge 1/1

Quesa enters with a flourish, and orders a round of drinks for the entire tavern. Unless that would be a ridiculous amount of gold.


There are about seven tables with around two dozen people in the Wounded Wisp at the moment. Quesa thinks about ordering a round of drinks again ...

Standing here in the Wounded Wisp you see a lot Wayfinders in the open and realize that this tavern is still very much frequented by Pathfinders.

You look around and some of you see the faces of people that you have once or twice seen in the Grand Lodge.

Roll knowledge Local four times and as Pathfinders you may make this roll untrained to achieve the DCs above 10:

Kn(local) DC15:
On the right sits a lone Keleshite merchant who is drinking tea and reading a book. The keleshite merchant is Aram bin Kaleel, a devout inquisitor of Sarenrae. He owns Kaleel’s Curiosities, a shop in the Coins district. At least once a month, Aram comes to the Wounded Wisp to chat with fellow Pathfinders, discussing matters of adventure and faith in equal measure.

Kn(local) DC20:
You see a male and female half-orc who are joyfully laughing and drinking ale. The two half-orcs are the Boartusk Twins, Garl and Shrade. They are members of the Society for the past 3 years, but have only traveled on a handful of missions. It is rumored that the two earned their field commissions after saving the lives of a Pathfinder group deployed in Lastwall, and it’s likely the two half-orcs never fully understood what they were getting into. Since that time, they have participated in missions where brute strength is preferable to diplomacy or finesse. But you know that sadly this means they tend to receive few jobs. Sometimes, people joke that the two enjoy their Pathfinder discount when making purchases from the Wounded Wisp too much to leave the society and of course come to the bar frequently.

Kn(local) DC 20 OR you may open if your character has played Scenario #1: Silent Tide OR #3–06: Song of the Sea Witch:

On the other side of the bar sits the military historian Yargos Gill, one of the few patrons who bear no direct affiliation with the Society. Despite this, Gill has often found himself wrapped up in the Society’s affairs and he has come to accept the Pathfinders as allies. The older man is sipping from an oversized flagon of ale while reading through a large and ominous-looking tome.

Kn(local) DC 15 OR you may open if your character has played Scenario #5–08: The Confirmation:

Next to the bar sits Janira Gavix. Having completed her own Confirmation several months ago, the female halfling bard enjoys taking breaks at the Wounded Wisp. You have heard that Janira has an extraordinary memory, and that she spends much time here learning about the exploits of other adventurers and relating her own tales with oratorical flourishes.

Looking at her table you have the impression that Janira already has a group of newly confirmed Pathfinders listening to her tales of Society founder Durvin Gest and the fabled Lens of Galundari.

For those of you who know her, Heryn Gale works the bar of the Wounded Wisp tonight, catering directly to those sitting on stools while simultaneously preparing drinks for those at tables and coordinating the wait staff.

The Concordance

Male Ifrit Bard (flame dancer) 2 | HP 12/15 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 | Perf 12/12 | Spells 3/3 | Enlarge 1/1

A gallon of ale is just 2 sp according to the equipment chapter... so that's seven tables with 24 people each, or just 24 people total?


You are completely right from a flamboyant Pathfinder's perspective. ;-) As Pathfinders usually have deeper pockets this establishment has a little higher prices. You would estimate that ordering a round of drinks for the entire tavern would cost 3 gp.

The Concordance

Male Ifrit Bard (flame dancer) 2 | HP 12/15 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 | Perf 12/12 | Spells 3/3 | Enlarge 1/1

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Hope I roll that well in combat!

Quezaltzin flips a platinum sphinx onto the bar and says, "Keep it coming for everyone 'til that runs out."

The ifrit lifts a glass and greets the other pathfinders he knows, which is many of them.


You see Heryn looking at you and taking the platinum sphinx "Oh hello, thanks a lot!"

She stands up on a chair and shouts into the room "The gentleman here invites all of you to have a drink! Free ale for everyone! But please stay seated - I do not want you all running to the bar! The servers will bring the ale to your tables."

Heryn then looks at Quezaltzin with some interest "I am Heryn, hard to believe that I still need to introduce myself these days but I love newcomers that make an impression." she says laughing.

Then she takes the orders of Calvert, Dark, Kenza, Sandi, and Thendros and serves you everything you need.

You all hear cheers and shouts of 'Thank you' from all over the place and people start crowding around Quezaltzin at first with hand shakes and some even try to hug him.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Angel-blooded Aasimar Spiritualist (Phantom Blade/Fractured Mind) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 19 (23 with shield)  T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | tbd | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Calvert orders an Absalom Sunrise, hot. He's impressed with Quezaltzin's generosity and gives thanks. He then surveys the crowd.
Kn(local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Kn(local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Kn(local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Kn(local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Silver Crusade

Male NG Angel-blooded Aasimar Spiritualist (Phantom Blade/Fractured Mind) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 19 (23 with shield)  T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | tbd | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Quite a crowd here tonight." He says this to himself as much as to his companions. Calvert shifts closer to listen to Janira's stories of Durvin Gest at a nearby table.


Does anyone of your characters know Janira from the Confirmation?

Janira suddenly turns around to Calvert and smiles at him.

"Oh hello handsome! You know me? You look familiar. Wow, guys look I am already famous!?!" she says laughing to the group around her.

"I need to get another drink!" she says to the group she is sitting with and comes to the bar where you all are standing. She orders ale and starts to observe you.

She winks at Calvert "What is your name? And do these fresh agents belong to you?" she asks Calvert but also lets her view wander to the rest of you.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC 17 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7* R:+7 W:+7 (+2 vs. enchantments, hot weather, +1 vs. disease, poison) | Init +2 | Perc +9, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +8 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool: 5/5, Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza approaches the dingy bar with reverence typically reserved for temples and funerals. She examines the sign, and presses her hand against the doorframe in awe before passing through and into the establishment. As she walks down the entry hall, lined with trophies and relics of the Pathfinder's history, she pauses, taking the time to examine the objects and images on display.

Realizing she's fallen behind her companions, she suddenly straightens and strides purposefully into the Wounded Wisp. She looks around...

Knowledge local: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Knowledge local: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Knowledge local: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Knowledge local: 1d20 ⇒ 9

She recognizes a pair of half-orcs, but has no time to socialize. Instead, she approaches the bar and bows respectfully to the bartender--who happens to introduce herself as the person Kenza was looking for!

"Greetings, Heryn Gale, the honour is mine."

Suddenly, she's offered a drink.

She shakes her head, declining the offer. "A thousand apologies, but I am here on business. We all are." She can't help but cast an unimpressed glance at the others who seem to have suddenly forgotten their mission.

Bowing her head respectfully to Heryn, Kenza continues. "We are here at the order of Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng, who tasked us with retrieving a package on his behalf."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC 17 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7* R:+7 W:+7 (+2 vs. enchantments, hot weather, +1 vs. disease, poison) | Init +2 | Perc +9, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +8 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool: 5/5, Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

@ Nowruz: Kenza doesn't know her.

Liberty's Edge

ratfolk rogue 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 18, T 15, FF 14 | F+0 R+0, W+2 | Perc +8 (traps +9) | Init +8

Sandi requests a small helping of small beer, thinking that as she drinks it, she can chat with Heryn or some of the patrons.


Heryn focuses on Kenza and Sandi.

"Oh of course, I was wondering when Drandle would get his bottle. I cannot accompany you down at the moment as I have to wait until my replacement arrives so that I can step away from the bar. Look, up there are two free tables. Take a seat and have a drink and I will be with you within the next hour, ok?"

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC 17 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7* R:+7 W:+7 (+2 vs. enchantments, hot weather, +1 vs. disease, poison) | Init +2 | Perc +9, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +8 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool: 5/5, Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza bows. "I am honoured at your hospitality."

She orders a bottle of emmer beer, and settles in at the appointed table, watching her fellow Pathfinders and the patrons for signs of danger.

Looking for shifty patrons and danger!
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Kenza sees nothing dangerous but notices that the two Boartusk Twins, Garl and Shrade, are looking at you and Calvert.

And you see that on the right a lone Keleshite merchant who is drinking tea and reading a book is looking at Quezaltzin with a sly smile and now is shaking his head.


Kenza Bloodborn wrote:

Kenza bows. "I am honoured at your hospitality."

"Oh please don't be so formal! This is the Wounded Wisp after all." she smiles and then has to take the order of another guest.

Grand Lodge

22 new? Wow, sorry I was busy today!

Thendros turns down the offer for a drink, but takes a seat at a table with the rest of his group. "I don't drink, but I'll wait for you to be available for Drendle's package, thanks."

Dark Archive

Male CN Human Magus (Bladebound) 3.0 | AC 15 {19 w/ Shield} (T 10/FF 15) | CMB +4 CMD 14 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +0 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +3 (+5 vs Cold Weather)| Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Arcane Pool +1: 4/4 | Black Blade's Arcane Pool: 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Dark is one of the few of my characters that have not done Confirmation.

Dark enters into the tavern and smiles, "Nice atmosphere. Could be a little bit more rowdy though. But still nice."

Dark takes a seat and orders a mug of mead while he waits for Drendle.


Janira looks at Calvert and then points at Thendros and Dark.

"Your friends seem to be shy! Hee??"

Grand Lodge

"I prefer not to talk to people when I don't have to...they tend not to want to talk to me either." he replies to Janira.

That 7 Charisma man.


"Ha ha, you are funny!" She looks at Thendros and then at all of you and says "Isn't he funny?!?"

Her facial features become a little more serious and she looks at all of you.

"I come to this place because this tavern represents our roots. I sometimes have the feeling that we Pathfinders have forgotten so much of the lessons of the past."

She shakes her head and looks up again.

"So why are you here? To drink and be proud to be a Pathfinder without understanding what that actually means?! I hope not because we have enough of that sort of people around here." and with that last sentence she looks at the two laughing half-orcs sitting at the other side of tavern.

"Oh well, do you want me tell you what I think of Pathfinders like you? You need to see more then the next tomb or the next fight. You need to see our history and what our organization does that affects the people around us today and especially tomorrow."

Well, you are talking to Cha 18 with an attitude. ;-)

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC 17 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7* R:+7 W:+7 (+2 vs. enchantments, hot weather, +1 vs. disease, poison) | Init +2 | Perc +9, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +8 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool: 5/5, Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None
GM Nowruz wrote:
"Ha ha, you are funny!" She looks at Thendros and then at all of you and says "Isn't he funny?!?"

Kenza looks at Janira, and then at Thendros.

"No." she answers. Then she bows her head respectfully to the strangely talkative and possibly drunk halfling. "Apologies, Lady Janira, but perhaps the humour is lost in translation. I am new to Absalom."

GM Nowruz wrote:

Her facial features become a little more serious and she looks at all of you.

"I come to this place because this tavern represents our roots. I sometimes have the feeling that we Pathfinders have forgotten so much of the lessons of the past."

She shakes her head and looks up again.

"So why are you here? To drink and be proud to be a Pathfinder without understanding what that actually means?! I hope not because we have enough of that sort of people around here." and with that last sentence she looks at the two laughing half-orcs sitting at the other side of tavern.

"Without the past, we are nothing." Kenza replies equally seriously. "Souls adrift. It is greatly honoured where I come from. As is this place." She inclines her head respectfully, admitting, "Perhaps it is different here. As I said, I am new to the country. "

"I am in Absalom as a testament to our heritage. I have been a Pathfinder since birth, and have been operating officially on missions for the last year. But, I have never been to the Grand Lodge. It was past time to pay my respects. As for why I am here, at the Wounded Wisp, it is business. We are on an errand for Venture Captain Drandle Dreng."

GM Nowruz wrote:
"Oh well, do you want me tell you what I think of Pathfinders like you? Nothing."

Kenza raises an eyebrow at the halfling, not entirely sure if she is being insulted or slighted. Whatever the case, these Pathfinders were all her betters. Best to be respectful.

"A thousand apologies for any insult I may have cause you, Lady Janira. I humbly beg your forgiveness."

Edit:

GM Nowruz wrote:
"Oh well, do you want me tell you what I think of Pathfinders like you? You need to see more then the next tomb or the next fight. You need to see our history and what our organization does that affects the people around us today and especially tomorrow."

Kenza looks at Janira seriously. "You assume much of Agents you have never met. I pray that others do not judge you after a few moments conversation, as you judge others."


She looks at Kenza as if she hit a nerve.

"Kenza ... I ... hmmm ... that was probably the mirror I needed." she says with a sly smile.

"Excuse me, you are right ... I ... I should not have burst like that." and it seems as if she is really sorry.

She looks at Thendros again "I apologize!"

Then she looks at her feet and up again to you.

"You know, I am a halfling girl with a lifelong love of learning. And I would so much like to offer sincere praise to those who demonstrate a head for knowledge, facts, and figures. So if you strive to not only go on adventures but to really learn something and also learn from the mistakes of our own organizations past, then you are on the right track. Think about the Shadowlodge, think about all deaths caused by overzealous agents." and again she shakes her head.

Grand Lodge

Thendros nods to Janira, "Your apology is necessary, regardless of what you think, I have a task and I am here to do it."

He then returns to casually watching the bar, waiting for the replacement to arrive.

1 to 50 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nowruz's #6–10 'The Wounded Wisp' (Tier 1-2) - 20180430 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.