GM miteke - Voice in the Void (Inactive)

Game Master miteke

Voice in the Void: Mystery strikes again at the problem-plagued Blackros Museum in Absalom and its curator, Nigel Aldain, needs your help. When a famed Osirian tomb raider returns to Absalom and disappears in the museum's basement, Aldain fears the worst. When strange sounds echo from below and several of the curator's night watchmen go missing, he panics and begs the Society to investigate the mystery and save his museum from the darkness that infests it.

Voice in the Void is a follow-up scenario to Pathfinder Society Scenario #5: Mists of Mwangi. When played together, the scenarios create a mini story arc in the famed Blackros Museum.

current map
chronicles


1 to 50 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Attempting to set up a game as a GM for the first time.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 18(19) (T: 13, F: 15(16)) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 10/15 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Mage Armor

Dotting to get it to show up in my campaigns.


When you return to the grand lodge after your mission for a debriefing and the multiple curses start showing their mark, Erlathan attracts the attention of a number of the Pathfinder recruits currently going through Pathfinder 'boot-camp'.

This is pre Voice in the Void, post Mists of Mwangi, before you get the cure.

"Say, what happened to you?" asks an elven sorceress.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 18(19) (T: 13, F: 15(16)) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 10/15 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Mage Armor

Erlathan covers his head and face with his arms. "D-don't look at me!" His hair had begun to fall out, revealing the palest of scalps and his already prominent ears now twice as big. "I... I swear I don't normally look like this!"

"Let this be a warning. If you ever encounter a vargouile, put on a mask and run like hell!"

Hmm, a mask... Now there's something I could use...


"What's a vargoyle? Didn't the front-liners protect you? They're always telling us to stay behind the fighters in the tactics class."

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)

Dotting, Will post an intro if we are successful on our current mission.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In spite of Erlathan's reticence, word gets out about the groups recent exploits. Perhaps because Yanda is not shy about sharing and likes to call him Erlathan the Survivor.

After a few days lounging about, waiting for a new mission, and generally enjoying the accommodations of the grand lodge, you begin to notice a number of the Wizards, sorcerers, and other typical back-liners are sporting t-shirts of varying colors with a target silk screened on the back, with a footer saying 'Survivor'.

Having been through boot camp you know that there is a friendly rivalry between the front and back liners; the back-liners often the butt of many 'fragile' jokes, while the front-liners the target of the Pathfinder equivalent of dumb blond jokes volleyed in return. Before long you notice that many of the target dummies the front-liners use for practice are also sporting the same t-shirts. Complete with certain 'additional features' resembling the modifications made to Erlathan by the curses.

The instructors are, on the one hand, delighted with the increased vigor the recruits are showing. The fighters are spending extra hours practicing with each other and the dummies, while the back-liners are all taking their fitness instructions much more seriously. On the other hand, they are a bit worried that the back-liners will get too cocky and the front-liners a little more likely to allow their less sturdy companions to learn a hard lesson.

But they know that these things run their course. Next week another group of agents will return with a story and the recruits will be off and running in another direction. Just part of the job.

Silver Crusade

female oread inquisitor of Iomedae (sanctified slayer) 3 | HP 27/27, L1 spells 4/4, touch of glory 6/6 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 15' | Perc +8 | Init +4

Dotting.


Yea! Thanks for joining. It looks like we have the whole group sticking together so I'm stoked.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 18(19) (T: 13, F: 15(16)) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 10/15 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Mage Armor

A few days have past, and Erlathan has been busy. He had tried everything. First, the magical route. Perhaps an incantation could help his cause. He thought to himself, What spell could fix this? There must be something.

He had summoned a centipede and placed it upon his head so that its tiny legs would appear as hair.

No, no, that won't work.

He scoffed, dismissing the creature. Next up was an unwelcome halo, and Erlathan glowed brightly as he marched throughout Absalom. He hated this, as it garnered more stares than he would have had if he was visibly bald. And it made the dangling tentacles on his chin all the more noticeable.

He sighed. He felt depressed. "If Sara could see me now... Heh... I can never go back...," he said to himself.

Stopping a local shop, Erlathan held his spellbook up over his face while he placed his order. "One.. disguise kit... please..." He dropped the fifty gold pieces on the counter and took it, leaving without a word.

__

Disguise: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Entering the lodge, Erlathan wears oddly placed makeup on his face. He had tied the tentacles into knots, covering them in concealer and foundation to match his skin tone. He then taped his ears back at the folds, and donned an auburn wig with blonde highlights.

... Only he forgot to put the wig on properly, his bald head still noticeably visible underneath it, and he used the wrong colour on his chin, so it acted more like a highlight than a concealer. The tentacles dangled as he walked.

"Good day! One elven master of magic, at your service!" He holds his book up high in one hand, and gives a thumbs up with the other. The entire scene is ridiculous.

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)

After reporting back to the Lodge, Marock enjoyed the days of rest that followed his visit to the Blackros museum. Although the venture was a success, it took a toll on the priest. During his restful period, Marock decided to trade his Warhammer in for a better quality version. Setting comfortably by, awaiting his next mission, the warpriest wonders if the museum's curator might allow him access to explore some of its finer displays.

After seeing the final result of Erlathan's encounter with the vargouille, Marock shows a rare moment of compassion. "It is good to see you again Erlathan," the priest says while diverting his stair away from the elf's poor attempt to cover the vile affects of the Vargouille.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 18(19) (T: 13, F: 15(16)) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 10/15 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Mage Armor

Erlathan is surprised that Marock recognizes him beneath his "disguise."
"Erlathan? Oh, yes, that's me. Likewise, Marock. A fine job back at Blakros. We could not have done it without you." It would appear his ugly appearance has made him a lot more humble.


Still waiting for Brax to dot in. I PMed him and I'm betting he shows his face on Monday!

Silver Crusade

female oread inquisitor of Iomedae (sanctified slayer) 3 | HP 27/27, L1 spells 4/4, touch of glory 6/6 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 15' | Perc +8 | Init +4

Selethe saunters into the Lodge and doesn't even seem to register Erlathan's condition. "Hello Pathfinders. I trust you have had a pleasant shore leave. I understand we have more duties now."

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling
Stats:
HP: 17/17, AC: 18/15/14, Init +6, Perc +8, F+4, R+7, W+3(+2 vs fear)
Vitals Roc:
HP: 16/16, AC: 19/14/15, F+2, R+7, W+2, Init +4
Hunter(Patient Ambusher) 2

From outside a bit of noise is heard, as a bunch of cats are making a fit.

"HEY! Our lunch! You lousy cats!"

More meowing is heard.
"Get 'em girl!"

The meowing stops, and turns into frantic cat sounds, after a screech from what is likely a bird is heard.

A quartet of stray cats, one with a piece of jerky in its mouth, come in through a window in panic, fleeing from something.

"They went in here, huh? Then we go too, they got your fish and my jerky!"

The door opens, and a brash looking halfling stands near you, accompanied by a large (medium sized) bird.

The cats cower in a corner, two of them clearly missing patches of plucked fur.
The halfling leans forward.
"BOO!!!!".....the cats scatter, dropping the fish and jerky in panic.

The halflin picks up both foods, and breaks away the parts that were held by cats. "Good girl, yes we showed those cats, now our lunch is ours again."

Munching on his jerky, he realizes where he is.
"Oh..wait...this is the place we were to report in. It's been a while. Hello people, sorry about the fuss, but our lunch was stolen and we had to take it back."

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Bard 1
Spoiler:
HP:8/8 | AC:17 | T:14 | FF:13 | CMD:15 | Fort -1 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | Init +6 | Prcptn +7 | 1stLevelSpells: 2/2 | BardicMusic: 6/6

A well-dressed elf comes in and dusts some hair from his coat that must have been flying around outside the lodge. He looks for a place to sit down and notices a few eyes on him. "Well, this must certainly be the place." He makes his way over to a table and pulls out a journal and begins making some notes about his recent travels back from Osirion.


@Theron
"Ive heard about your entrances, Theron, and a number of other... situations, you and your companion have gotten into. Seems like some of your trainers specifically requested that I give you an indoor mission. Something about aerial acrobatics and pranks? Unfortunately, it looks like you can be as much trouble indoors as outdoors."

@Celegon
"Ah excellent! The final member of the task force has arrived."

"There’s trouble at the Blakros Museum again," Venture-Captain Adril Hestram growls when you are all present.

Hestram is well over six feet tall and is a bear of a man, broad as well as tall, with a bushy unkempt beard and a gap-toothed grin, which seems more like teeth baring at the moment. He has a reputation for an enthusiastic and proficient drinker and arm-wrestler. One look and you have little doubt the reputation is earned.

"You remember Nigel Aldain, the curator? Well he came to me this morning asking for help. Apparently, a wayward daughter of his illustrious patrons, the powerful Blakros family, has disappeared, along with a few of the museum’s watchmen who went looking for her. You helped him in the past and I want you to help him again. I'm afraid Nigil has specifically requested that Yanda not be included. It seems that bombs and museum curios do not mix well. I've sent her off for additional training as we both thought it best if she sits this one out. Instead I've invited Celgon to join you. He is an archer and should fill Yanda's position nicely. "

He glances at his notes and asks incredulously, "Did she really bomb, tanglefoot, and dagger-whip the curator?" He shakes his head and adds, "No wonder the special request."

"Nigil needs us to find her, before he loses his job or worse. Now Nigel’s an old friend, and a former Pathfinder, but this kind of missing person case isn’t really our bailiwick. Normally I’d tell him to find the district guard and leave the Society out of it. But then he made me an offer that was too good to pass up. Not only will he allow the Society access to the Blakros Museum’s extensive and very private library, but apparently this same missing daughter just returned to Absalom with a pack full of ancient relics collected throughout Osirion and northern Garund. And Nigel has promised the Society first pick of any of those pieces that catch our fancy. I don’t need to tell you what those kinds of things might be worth, so it looks like you’re heading to the Blakros Museum tonight.

"The missing daughter is named Imrizade Blakros, a half-Osirian and a pretty successful adventurer and fortunehunter by all accounts." Adril provides a portrait of the daughter at this point. Use your immmagination since no picture was actually mentioned or provided, nor was her professional class though I think it is rogue. I just couldn't expect that anyone would be sent on a missing person hunt without some kind of picture!

"She just arrived in Absalom out of the blue a few days ago, after a couple of years’ worth of tomb-raiding in the Osirian deserts, and carrying an odd metal cylinder covered in hieroglyphs, like nothing Nigel has ever seen before. Nigel says she went straight to the basement of the museum to do some research in the family’s library, muttering something about ‘whispers in the dark’ and ‘old tapestries,’ or something. He didn’t hear from her for a couple of days, which isn’t unusual when someone is deep into their research in the archives, but he got worried when strange noises started coming from the basement. He sent a watchman down there to investigate, and when he didn’t return, Nigel sent a few more. That was last night, and they haven’t come back up either.

"Go to the museum and find out what happened to Imrizade Blakros and the watchmen. Nigel would prefer them alive, of course, especially the Blakros woman, but the Society is more interested in what she brought back with her. I’ve got a hunch it wasn’t just grave goods and pretty jewelry. Whatever she found, the Society wants it, or at the very least some information about it."

For information on the museum, make me a knowledge history roll.
For information on the Blaklos family give me a Knowledge Local roll.

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling
Stats:
HP: 17/17, AC: 18/15/14, Init +6, Perc +8, F+4, R+7, W+3(+2 vs fear)
Vitals Roc:
HP: 16/16, AC: 19/14/15, F+2, R+7, W+2, Init +4
Hunter(Patient Ambusher) 2

"Huh, what?"

"You call saving a village from a crazed owlbear and raven-people...Tengu they're called i think, pranks? I can't fly, nor ride my girl here, you must be confusing me with someone else."

Theron played the three parts of The Quest for Perfection only. Defend the village from a bandit raid, sorry Miteke, the VC here is delusional. ^^

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)
miteke wrote:
Nigel has promised the Society first pick of any of those pieces that catch our fancy.

Leaning on the wall towards the back of the room stands a six foot tall Taldan, who wears an overly expressionless face. His lack of expression doesn’t portray any kind of discomfort or irritation, but more of a complete lack of emotional investment. Heavily draped with a coat of banded mail, the man supports a well-crafted war-hammer that hangs loosely from a notch on the left side of his belt. A properly provisioned backpack sits on the floor next to his leg with a light crossbow strapped to its top. Mostly quiet thought the Venture-Captain’s acknowledgment of Yanda’s deeds, when the Captain mentions the Society’s reward being a choice of an item, he finally pipes in with a few words of advice.

“I wouldn’t choose anything that resembles a wooden idol.”

After sharing what little advice he had to offer, Marock looks over at the new arrivals to the group. “Well met. It is good to have you aboard.” He says to Theron and Celegon. After the ever so brief introduction, Marock gathers his pack and then prepares to head out. “I am provisioned and ready to go. If anyone else needs to shop let me know.”

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 18(19) (T: 13, F: 15(16)) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 10/15 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Mage Armor

Erlathan sighs at the mention of having to travel to Blakros again, but the mention of relics and artifacts is far too tempting for him. It would be just like back at Kyonin, he thought, back before he was thrown out with his pockets empty.

He holds a hand out to Theron and Celegon while looking directly at them, his makeup slowly sweating off of his face. "Good day. Name's Erlathan, Elven master of magic. Forgive my appearance, but it would seem I attract all sorts of creatures with my looks... whether winged or not..." He sighs. "Anyway, glad to have you join us. Marock here isn't a big talker, so it's nice to have others along!" He smiles, his nasty demon fangs peeking out from under his faux mustache.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Theron Keenfoot wrote:

"Huh, what?"

"You call saving a village from a crazed owlbear and raven-people...Tengu they're called i think, pranks? I can't fly, nor ride my girl here, you must be confusing me with someone else."

Theron played the three parts of The Quest for Perfection only. Defend the village from a bandit raid, sorry Miteke, the VC here is delusional. ^^

I got that from your into. Chasing cats into a meeting room would definitely qualify as a prank or something similar. I doubt any of your instructors would have appreciated that when you went through boot camp. Does the PFS have a boot/training camp? I always assumed they did because the Confirmation seems to suggest that there was training before it. Anyway, I figured your entrance was an example of his behavior and went with it. As for flying, I forgot that your Roc has to grow before you can mount it - though I'm sure he/she? is capable of aerial acrobatics all by herself and you would get the blame :)


This is what Erlathan knows due to those fine rolls...

History of the Museum:
In the early days of Absalom, the Blakros Museum was originally the stronghold of an eccentric wizard. Abandoned for centuries, it was later bought by the Blakros family, who turned it into a museum for their impressive collection of curiosities from across Golarion.

The mad astrologer Ralzeros the Overwatched built what is now the Blakros Museum thousands of years ago, as an observatory to study distant worlds (and some say, to be studied by them). He later disappeared following a mage-duel with another of Absalom’s early wizards.

Blakros family:
The wealthy and prominent Blakros family is a large, extended clan of eccentrics with trade contacts rivaling those of the Aspis Consortium who make most of their money selling valuable antiquities across the Taldor-Qadira border. Their daughters are known far and wide for their beauty, and marrying a Blakros woman is a sure path to power and riches. Rumored to be originally Taldan by blood, the Blakros have since intermingled with bloodlines from all over Golarion, by marrying daughters to a succession of Qadiran trade princes, Vudran rajahs, and even the occasional Tian noble and Mwangi chief. Gifts from these foreign potentates (and the sale of illicitly gained secrets) provide the foundation for the Blakros fortune and their famous collections. In reality, it is the many daughters who bear the Blakros name that are responsible for the family’s wealth. Although beautiful and amazingly fertile, wedding a Blakros daughter has significant conditions—the daughters always keep their maiden name, all children must be raised as Blakroses, and the husband’s family must offer a considerable dowry for the privilege of marriage. Once married, the Blakros daughters join an unparalleled spy network that keeps the family well supplied in secrets and priceless artifacts.

There is a little more to be learned if you can beat a 25 Knowledge History. You have a bard with a +7 so it is possible.

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling
Stats:
HP: 17/17, AC: 18/15/14, Init +6, Perc +8, F+4, R+7, W+3(+2 vs fear)
Vitals Roc:
HP: 16/16, AC: 19/14/15, F+2, R+7, W+2, Init +4
Hunter(Patient Ambusher) 2

Technically, i think i could already fly on her, as the roc is medium and halflings are small. I aim to in the future, that's for sure. ;)
You're right on the boot camp. The evergreen 1st steps in service to lore (Part I) is kind of that. If one wants to go before even that, master of the fallen fortress is where PCs can get enlisted.

"Ah, ok. Well, hello then.
My name's Theron, and this is my bird. She won't bite, unless you provoke her."


After intros are done and the group is briefed (there is no point in peppering Hestram with questions as he knows nothing else of import), you head to the museum.

The Blakros Museum is a private museum located in Absalom’s Wise Quarter. Owned by the far-reaching and influential Blakros family, it houses and displays an assortment of antiques and oddities the family has collected over the years. When you get there you are greeted by a clearly flustered Nigel Aldain, the curator of the museum. He ushers the PCs straight away to the North Exhibit Hall and opens a secret door in the ziggurat there to reveal a ramp down into the library below.

Do you have any questions for him or want to indulge me in some role-playing?

Silver Crusade

female oread inquisitor of Iomedae (sanctified slayer) 3 | HP 27/27, L1 spells 4/4, touch of glory 6/6 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 15' | Perc +8 | Init +4

Selethe is none too thrilled to hear she is going back to the Blakros Museum. "Nigel Aldain? Is he the one we rescued before?"

When the ramp is revealed, Selethe draws her longspear and prepares herself. Who knows what might be waiting down there.


Celegon, would you mind setting up up a tag line and dotting into discussion?

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 18(19) (T: 13, F: 15(16)) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 10/15 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Mage Armor

Miteke, just a small tip, whenever you post something out of character or not part of the narrative in Gameplay, use the ooc tags. It helps keep up the immersion. :)

Other than that, Erlathan will spend an hour preparing spells before departing the lodge. (Burning Hands, Color Spray and Grease)

Erlathan remembers the last time he entered the Museum and quickly tears another strip off his cloak to use a scarf. Combined with his "disguise," he's quite the sight to see currently. His voice comes through muffled as he speaks, "Ah, back to Blakros. Yes, Selethe, Nigel was the hairy elf at the top of the zigaraut. The one that our old hormonal friend Yanda nearly killed! Hah!"

Quickly dumping a potion of mage armor down his throat as Selethe takes out her spear, Erlathan looks over at the curator. "Say, Nig, what can you tell us about this private library we're about to enter? Is it dangerous at all?"

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)
Selethe wrote:
"Nigel Aldain? Is he the one we rescued before?"

"Indeed it is. It would seem that his interest in historical artifacts is quickly becoming a continuous source of trouble. One would wonder if his discoveries would be better off stored in the vaults of the Grand Lodge."

After Nigel uncovers the secret entrance, Marock slides his shield off his back and straps it to his left arm. After equipping his shield, the priest looks down the ramp. (Is it lit?)

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling
Stats:
HP: 17/17, AC: 18/15/14, Init +6, Perc +8, F+4, R+7, W+3(+2 vs fear)
Vitals Roc:
HP: 16/16, AC: 19/14/15, F+2, R+7, W+2, Init +4
Hunter(Patient Ambusher) 2

Theron's slightly surprised, but isn't showing it, when Erlathan mentions that a friend of theirs 'nearly killed' Nigel.

He was still in pretty good shape, actually. ;)

"Yes, you got anything stored down there that comes to life and attack us?"

Theron is semi-joking...


@Erlathan
"Dangerous?! Of course its dangerous. I've lost some good men - I think. They went in and they did not come out. No idea why, but if anyone can straghten this mess out, a squad of Pathfinders can."

@Theron
Nigel puffs for a moment the responds, "Well that particular disaster was related to some cursed artifacts. It is possible, of course, but those artifacts have been dealt with. If anything comes to life it will be a coincidence. I think. Maybe. Oh, I don't know! I hate this! I'm the curator of this place and I know I should know more, but I don't. The men I sent to find out disappeared and I decided your team would be better suited to investigate than myself. If you don't come back I don't know WHAT I'm going to do! Lose my job probably. Do be careful, please."


@all
I set up a map and the link is near the top of this page. I will keep this link updated when you transition to a new map. All maps past and present will be on the campaign page.

At the bottom of the ramp there are two doors. Please set up your characters in normal marching order and pick a door.

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)

I wont have access to the map till a little later this evening. When I get home I'll add myself to the map.

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)

Marock carefully moves down the ramp and moves up to (1 East, 2 West) random: 1d2 ⇒ 1 the East door and begins inspecting it for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Dark Archive

LN Male 'Hellknight' 6:
LN Male Daemon-Spawn Tiefling Occultist (Battle Host) 6
HP: 45/45 || AC: 29 T: 12 FF: 28 CMD: 21 || F: +9 R: +5 W: +6 || Resist 5 (Cold, Electricity, Fire) || Init: +1 Perception: +3 <Darkvision 60> ||
'Hellknight Magic':
Tiefling SLA (at will) Deathwatch; 0 (at will) message, resistance; 1st (5/5) feather fall, shield; 2nd (4/4) resist energy, weapon of awe

Dotting, will have Character Information up by Tomorrow.


A 50-foot-long stone ramp concealed beneath the miniature ziggurat in the museum’s North Exhibit Hall descends 25 feet to the basement. The ramp is wide enough to accommodate a draft horse moving large exhibits to and from the basement storerooms.

The doors to the east and west are labelled storeroom 1 and 2 respectively. Both are made of strong wood and are set in walls hewn from basalt, and mirror the gothic architecture found in the rest of the
museum, though of a simpler design. As you descend the light grows faint and you realize you will need a light source (though I'm betting you all have that covered half a dozen different ways. I'm going to be surpized if nobody has an ioun torch)

@Marock
The door does not seem to be trapped, and with that roll you are fairly sure they are simple unlocked doors.

But I will still need a line up - just in case. Something is bound to attack you sooner or later.

Silver Crusade

female oread inquisitor of Iomedae (sanctified slayer) 3 | HP 27/27, L1 spells 4/4, touch of glory 6/6 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 15' | Perc +8 | Init +4

Selethe knows why she was brought along and takes her natural position at the front of the group.

Which way do you guys want to go? I hate that they didn't actually label the storerooms with anything useful. I cheated on that when I ran this and gave the rooms names just to have some means of making a choice. As written it's just a coinflip.

Sorry I won't give this kind of commentary throughout- this was just something that really stuck in my craw when I ran it. :D

She also casts Light on the tip of her spear as she holds it out in front of her.

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling
Stats:
HP: 17/17, AC: 18/15/14, Init +6, Perc +8, F+4, R+7, W+3(+2 vs fear)
Vitals Roc:
HP: 16/16, AC: 19/14/15, F+2, R+7, W+2, Init +4
Hunter(Patient Ambusher) 2

I've added an icon of my bird. I'll make a spoiler with its vitals under my name after this post.

Theron and his roc walk behind Selethe & Marock.

Both listen, and watch, for anything suspicious.
Perception me: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Perception Roc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)

Once the group safely decends down the ramp and is prepared, Marock will open the East door. While allowing the light from Selethe's spear to invade the room, Marock will begin visually scanning the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

(Sorry if I am being overly carful. Although I GM this some time ago, I don't remember much about the specifics. It has been a while, so I intend to come at this as fresh as possible.)

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 18(19) (T: 13, F: 15(16)) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 10/15 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Mage Armor

Erlathan takes a brave position at the back of the team, and casts Light on his spellbook. "Alright Marock, just like last time, I'm sure you'll have no complaints about leading the way, right?" He grins, fangs pointed outwards.


The doors open with a grinding creak, revealing a large room filled with monsters of all shapes and sizes. Giant skeletons and stuffed taxidermic monstrosities are frozen in poses of snarling ferocity, while mummified corpses lie in sedate repose in ornately carved sarcophagi. As silent as a tomb, the air in the hall is stale and musty.

This chamber has a 20-foot-high ceiling and contains the assembled skeletons and taxidermic specimens of a variety of beasts, dinosaurs, and other monstrosities. Two large wooden signs lean against one wall, inscribed with the captions “Hunting the Beasts of Legend” and “The Honored Dead.” Unlit oil lamps hang from brackets in the center of each wall. A door in the southern wall holds a sign labeled “Storeroom 3.”

There is lots of cool stuff in there but nothing is moving - yet! Or maybe Theron is just paranoid?

Rather than wait for you to tell me, I am going to assume you cautiously enter.

Theron's fears are, indeed, justified! A stuffed owlbear comes to life in the center of the room and rushes the party!

Owlbear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Erlathan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Marock: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Selethe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Theron: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

This is the surprise round. Remember that you all get one action, not two. Nice inits though, everyone beat out the owlbear. Everyone in the party may go.


Party may go
Owlbear

Thokzazt may roll init when he arrives. I'm going to assume he comes dashing down the ramp to the rescue when he manages to post.

Give me a knowledge religion roll for more info on the stuffed owlbear. This is as CR 2 creature so check out the knowledge link to see what info you can ask for if you succeed.

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)

Marock draws his war-hammer and takes a 5' adjustment into the room.

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling
Stats:
HP: 17/17, AC: 18/15/14, Init +6, Perc +8, F+4, R+7, W+3(+2 vs fear)
Vitals Roc:
HP: 16/16, AC: 19/14/15, F+2, R+7, W+2, Init +4
Hunter(Patient Ambusher) 2

"Oi! I was right! Dead things starting to walk."

I will wait with my posted action until i know what the others will do.

Silver Crusade

female oread inquisitor of Iomedae (sanctified slayer) 3 | HP 27/27, L1 spells 4/4, touch of glory 6/6 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 15' | Perc +8 | Init +4

Selethe moves through the doorway and stabs at the stuffed owlbear with the lit end of her spear.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


@Selethe
This is a surprise round. You may either move or attack but not both.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 18(19) (T: 13, F: 15(16)) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 10/15 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Mage Armor

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Any weaknesses and do its attacks cause any debuffs (poison or otherwise)

"I've seen these signs before... And I remember being kissed by a demon bat shortly after seeing them." He shudders as he quickly takes out a wand of magic missile.

Dark Archive

LN Male 'Hellknight' 6:
LN Male Daemon-Spawn Tiefling Occultist (Battle Host) 6
HP: 45/45 || AC: 29 T: 12 FF: 28 CMD: 21 || F: +9 R: +5 W: +6 || Resist 5 (Cold, Electricity, Fire) || Init: +1 Perception: +3 <Darkvision 60> ||
'Hellknight Magic':
Tiefling SLA (at will) Deathwatch; 0 (at will) message, resistance; 1st (5/5) feather fall, shield; 2nd (4/4) resist energy, weapon of awe

As everyone springs to action, the Thunk Thunk of weathered steel plate hitting the stairs echoes. A tall steel man clanks into place. I hear that there might be some... Unlawful activity here. I have been sent by the Prince of Law to help your investigation. He clanks a gauntlet against his swirled helmet, to get a sense of the surrounding area.

Using Deathwatch as an At Will SLA is my surprise round.

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling
Stats:
HP: 17/17, AC: 18/15/14, Init +6, Perc +8, F+4, R+7, W+3(+2 vs fear)
Vitals Roc:
HP: 16/16, AC: 19/14/15, F+2, R+7, W+2, Init +4
Hunter(Patient Ambusher) 2

"Huh? You a rep of some high rank official?"

Silver Crusade

female oread inquisitor of Iomedae (sanctified slayer) 3 | HP 27/27, L1 spells 4/4, touch of glory 6/6 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 15' | Perc +8 | Init +4

Sorry I saw that and then got distracted and forgot. Selethe will just move this round and then attack next round. I also forgot my knowledge roll.

knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

If that beats it by 5 I will ask about any special attacks that it has.

Dark Archive

LN Male 'Hellknight' 6:
LN Male Daemon-Spawn Tiefling Occultist (Battle Host) 6
HP: 45/45 || AC: 29 T: 12 FF: 28 CMD: 21 || F: +9 R: +5 W: +6 || Resist 5 (Cold, Electricity, Fire) || Init: +1 Perception: +3 <Darkvision 60> ||
'Hellknight Magic':
Tiefling SLA (at will) Deathwatch; 0 (at will) message, resistance; 1st (5/5) feather fall, shield; 2nd (4/4) resist energy, weapon of awe

"The Most High Asmodeus, Prince of Law. I am a Hellknight of the Order of the Gate. The society thought this would be an appropriate use of my skill set."

Oh right, I have that skill!
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Tell me something a Fighter would care about

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling
Stats:
HP: 17/17, AC: 18/15/14, Init +6, Perc +8, F+4, R+7, W+3(+2 vs fear)
Vitals Roc:
HP: 16/16, AC: 19/14/15, F+2, R+7, W+2, Init +4
Hunter(Patient Ambusher) 2

Who is Asmodeus, for 400: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Somehow, i was hoping for less than 10.

"The name doesn't ring a bell."

Dark Archive

. Male Human (Taldan) (Warpriest) 1 /HP 12 / 12 /AC 23 /T 12 /FF 20 /F +2 /R +1 /W +3 /Init+1 /Perc+6 /CMB+4 /CMD 15 / MW War Hammer +6 (1d8+4 / 20 x3) / Light Crossbow +1 (1d8 / 19-20)

Marock turns an expressionless face back over to the Hellknight. "This is our second go around at this library. It seems the proprietor has a tenancy to bite off more than he can chew. Last time it was a problem with a couple out of control idols from the Mewangi Expanse. It is good to have another level head around. Welcome aboard."

"I would prepare yourself. It looks like we already have an unwanted animation of some sort."

1 to 50 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM miteke - Voice in the Void All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.