GM Kyshkumen's Carrion Hill

Game Master Kyshkumen

Maps and stuff.


601 to 650 of 957 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Sczarni

I'm going to put Jeffery on delay that round since the chaos beast has already made it's AoO against Vincent this round. Also going ahead with Vyk's SR check as it could make a difference coming up here.

SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

The creature thrashes and writhes a bit on the floor before righting itself, leaving it open to attacks from Vincent and Vyk.

It now turns it's attention to Vincent.

Melee: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Melee: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

It seems like this thing hasn't seen combat in a while and both attacks miss.

Round 3

Vincent
Vyk
Miko
Tuich
Jeffrey

Crove
Monster (-33)

Vincent and Vyk get AoOs and everyone is back up.

Silver Crusade

Female Talented Human 6 HP 39 | AC 12 (16: Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14: MA) | F: +2, R: +6, W: +6 (+1 vs div, +4 vs bard/sonic) | CMD 14 | Perc. +5 | Init. +2 | Miko's songs

Miko keeps up her chanting, and punctuates her chords with globs of acid, thrown at the dark ball of chaos.

Acid splash, RT into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 4 = 211d3 ⇒ 3
Confirm, RT into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 31d3 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

Doesn't matter since it missed, but it only got one attack because it stood up.

Vincent sidesteps the beast's attacks and gets in a swift slash, trying to use the momentum from his movement.

AoO, not power attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 20 (flanking, prone, inspire courage. Not power attack because I hadn't activated it on my previous turn)
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 + 2 = 13

"Miko, what kind of creature is this? An aberration? Looking directly at it hurts my brain," Vincent inquires.

Delaying my actual turn until after Miko, but here's the AoO. I really hate using Bane unless I'm sure of the creature type. Vincent isn't great at knowledge checks, however.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 5 | HP 34/48 (0 NL) | AC: 19 [SoF ++1]; T 14 [SoF ++1]; FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4* | Ref +4* | Will +4* | Init +4 | Percept +4
Status/Tracking:
SoF is down | IW 7/7 | MS: 3/3 | SS: 4/7 | WB: 1/2 | L1: 3/7 | L2 0/5

Man, I wish I hadn't burned through those Spiritual Weapons earlier. :o( Once again I don't see anything useful Tuich can do, so let's put her on delay for now.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist)/7 (HP 67/67 | AC:27 [+6 Tower Shield; +2 vs Crit*] | T:16 [+2*] | FF:23 [+6 T. Shield; +2*] | CMB:11 | CMD:25 [+5 T. Shield +7 vs Grapple&Trip] | Fort:+8 | Ref:+6 [+2 vs burst with Shield] | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-2

@GM: I didn't notice I didn't provoke, but I still lost my move action when my acrobatics failed me. You need high enough acrobatics to pass through an enemy's occupied space. (Acrobatics)

Given that there's close to zero chance Jeffrey will be able to pass through the enemy's space without being pushed back again while he's holding his tower shield, Jeffrey does something he doesn't like to do often. He removes his tower shield from his arm and moves forward without it. Given that he now has one hand free he also places it on his longsword's handle.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
That's still not enough to get through the enemy's space... Bleh...

Jeffrey's pushed back a second time, getting no closer to where he wants to be.

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

Tactics-wise, my plan is to use my turn to attack then 5-ft step back. If it follows Vincent back into the room, we'll be able to surround it.

"Oh, and while you're thinking about it, would one of these swords work better than the other? Adamantine, cold-iron, or silver?" Vincent follows up on his question to Miko.

Silver Crusade

Female Talented Human 6 HP 39 | AC 12 (16: Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14: MA) | F: +2, R: +6, W: +6 (+1 vs div, +4 vs bard/sonic) | CMD 14 | Perc. +5 | Init. +2 | Miko's songs

I'd guess aberration, but if Miko knows, it's up to the GM to confirm. Not sure if Miko knows about damage resistance.

Sczarni

Confirm the aberration and Vincent could tell after hitting it that the creature isn't resistant to his weapon.

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

Sweet. Under the assumption Miko confirms that it's an aberration (I know I've used these as a DM and I can't remember if they're outsiders or aberrations, so Vincent would have no idea), Vincent will do the following on his turn:

"Luckily, Gorum has prayers to help with killing all sorts of things," Vincent grins at the others.

Swift action Bane(aberration), a power attack, then 5-ft step back.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 22 normal mod, flanking, power attack, bard, bane
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 2 + (5, 4) = 26 normal mod, power attack, bard, bane

He steps back to give himself some room against a possible counterattack, blowing a stray lock of hair out of his face.

Grand Lodge

Combat:
AP +2 (0/5) | Scimitar +9(1d6+5)18/x2 | Cast Def. +14
Stats:
HP 33/38, NL 0 | AC 22, T 15, FF 18 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +6, SPD 30 | Perc +5, SM +0, D-Vis.
CG Male Tiefling Magus 5 | Effects: Sickened, 4 Mirror Images

Yeah, these hallways are not great for fighting. Is there a short range teleport spell lower than Dimension Door? A pathfinder equivalent to Misty Step?

AoO: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

Vyk strikes out at the creature with his blade when it stands up.

***

Vyk attempts to channel energy into his blade so he can mark his enemy with his signature purple "V".

Cast Defensively auto-succeeds with a cantrip. And arcane mark has no spell resistance.

Spellstrike: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Scimitar: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Vyk laughs as he watches the purple arcane mark blazing across the monster's body.

"There's no escape! I can find you no matter where you are now!"

Sczarni

Working together and taking advantage of the opening the creature made for them by righting itself, Vincent and Vyk make short work of it with their blades. Then Miko gives it a splash of acid for good measure.

End of combat.

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

Vincent gives a sigh of relief. "Crove, you still around? Wanna talk to us? What was that thing?"

Yeah, as a magus you're looking for Bladed Dash. Check that it's PFS legal first, of course. Second level spell that you can still combine with Spell Combat for a 30 ft movement (straight line, can go through enemy spaces without provoking) and two attacks.

Well, that was quite lucky. Good job everyone, and thanks be to the random number generator!

Grand Lodge

Combat:
AP +2 (0/5) | Scimitar +9(1d6+5)18/x2 | Cast Def. +14
Stats:
HP 33/38, NL 0 | AC 22, T 15, FF 18 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +6, SPD 30 | Perc +5, SM +0, D-Vis.
CG Male Tiefling Magus 5 | Effects: Sickened, 4 Mirror Images

Yeah, I think we were definitely more lucky than good for this battle. But i'll take it.

Vyk moves to study the water-filled sink-hole.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Sczarni

Vincent's hail goes unanswered and other then finding that most of the kitchen scraps get dumped down here via a hole in the ceiling, Vyk's search comes up empty.

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

"I'm going to assume that he's gone and that wasn't in fact the beast we were looking for. Well, do we have any other leads, or do we just finish exploring this place now?" Vincent ponders, poking the monster's remains with his sword some before cleaning the blade off with a rag (that he throws away after careful consideration).

Silver Crusade

Female Talented Human 6 HP 39 | AC 12 (16: Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14: MA) | F: +2, R: +6, W: +6 (+1 vs div, +4 vs bard/sonic) | CMD 14 | Perc. +5 | Init. +2 | Miko's songs

Miko becomes silent again, and moves up to the dead beast of chaos. He was lying and not lying. Is this one of them?

I'm suspecting this is a cursed keeper. Is there a way to figure out this is the case by examining the cadaver?

Sczarni

I'm sure there is something someone with a keen eye might be able to find down here. Give me heal or perception checks.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 5 | HP 34/48 (0 NL) | AC: 19 [SoF ++1]; T 14 [SoF ++1]; FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4* | Ref +4* | Will +4* | Init +4 | Percept +4
Status/Tracking:
SoF is down | IW 7/7 | MS: 3/3 | SS: 4/7 | WB: 1/2 | L1: 3/7 | L2 0/5

"Keen eye" definitely does not apply to Tuich.

Tuich moves cautiously into the room "As easily as you dispatched that... thing, it couldn't have been." She moves a bit closer, out of curiosity.

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Sczarni

With Tuich's knowledge in the healing arts she is able to tell that based on some of old injuries and the over all well being of the creature, that it has been down here for quite some time. Well before the appearance of the monster terrorizing Carrion Hill.

Don't forget you had the list of names from that strange book you found. You could try and gather information on one of those men for your next lead. There may also be some secrets left here in the asylum as well.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 5 | HP 34/48 (0 NL) | AC: 19 [SoF ++1]; T 14 [SoF ++1]; FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4* | Ref +4* | Will +4* | Init +4 | Percept +4
Status/Tracking:
SoF is down | IW 7/7 | MS: 3/3 | SS: 4/7 | WB: 1/2 | L1: 3/7 | L2 0/5

"So they kept a monstrosity trapped here, as a garbage disposal? What kind of place is this!"

Sczarni

Can't help but steal a line from a popular sitcom here, but haaaave you met Crove?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist)/7 (HP 67/67 | AC:27 [+6 Tower Shield; +2 vs Crit*] | T:16 [+2*] | FF:23 [+6 T. Shield; +2*] | CMB:11 | CMD:25 [+5 T. Shield +7 vs Grapple&Trip] | Fort:+8 | Ref:+6 [+2 vs burst with Shield] | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-2

Jeffrey sheaths his weapon and picks up his tower shield, which he straps back to his arm. He touches the minor wound he's got with his empty gauntlet.

"Guys, I bleed. Is that normal?"

Silver Crusade

Female Talented Human 6 HP 39 | AC 12 (16: Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14: MA) | F: +2, R: +6, W: +6 (+1 vs div, +4 vs bard/sonic) | CMD 14 | Perc. +5 | Init. +2 | Miko's songs

Miko turns around quickly to Jeffrey and grabs his hand. She whispers the incantation for healing, then briefly looks Jeffrey in the eye before staring to he ground, flustered. You should be careful.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Perception to look around here: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Yep, that's ground alright. Not distracted by the muscular boy at all...

This place, Miko then says, turning to Tuich,this place is dangerous, but we are in it. The large man - he is the boss. He runs it. He brought us here.

I want to know why. Miko drops a short silence. Why? He must keep a record. Of everyone here. Treatment. Correction. Patient. Guest. Why am I here?

There's a blackout on the map, but I think we searched there already? Did we visit every place uncovered? If there's nothing left, let's head out.

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

We skipped a few places. I'd be willing to search through the remaining rooms before leaving in case we find any more clues here.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 5 | HP 34/48 (0 NL) | AC: 19 [SoF ++1]; T 14 [SoF ++1]; FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4* | Ref +4* | Will +4* | Init +4 | Percept +4
Status/Tracking:
SoF is down | IW 7/7 | MS: 3/3 | SS: 4/7 | WB: 1/2 | L1: 3/7 | L2 0/5

Tuich pats Miko's hand. "You're here because you're a good person, and a brave one. You're helping to protect people and put an end to unnatural horrors."

She raises her voice and speaks over her shoulder. "It's hard for me to follow everything, but Miko says there must be records here. Maybe if we find them, that will give us a clue?"

Sczarni

Did some rough touch up to mark some of the unexplored areas.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist)/7 (HP 67/67 | AC:27 [+6 Tower Shield; +2 vs Crit*] | T:16 [+2*] | FF:23 [+6 T. Shield; +2*] | CMB:11 | CMD:25 [+5 T. Shield +7 vs Grapple&Trip] | Fort:+8 | Ref:+6 [+2 vs burst with Shield] | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-2

Jeffrey places his hand on Miko's shoulder, accidentally using just a bit too much strength. "Thanks, shorty!"

He moves past her and heads back toward Crove's office. "Perhaps we can find such records in his office? I don't think we gave it a proper search after capturing him, did we?"

Once back in Crove's office Jeffrey starts looking around for anything that could be of use.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Sczarni

As Jeffrey starts leading the way back toward Crove's office he remembers they did in fact search his office.

Details on previous search.:
Back in the other room Vyk and Tuich notice a pile of notes that upon reading look similar to a section of the strange book they found in the cavern beneath the city. They go over a ritual to open a portal to contact “spawn of the Dark Tapestry” and further enhance their knowledge of forbidden magic and arcane secrets. Though the notes seem to focus on a warning that forcing open such portals draws forth the spiritual essence of the casters, and that any entity contacted by the portal can make “hideous use of this essence by consuming it, growing more powerful in the bargain, such that only the end of such essence can challenge the intruder’s rights upon your world.”

Just as Jeffrey is stepping out into the main corridor he hears a voice to his left. "Ahhh there they are just as the master said." A strange blue man with bulging white eyes says to a group of lunatics. He points his hooked club at the group of Pathfinders. "Go and bring me their skin and I'll let you keep yours a while longer."

Init:
Miko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Vyk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Vincent: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Jeffrey: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Tuich: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Monster: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Lunatic: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Round 1

Vyk
Tuich

Lunatic
Jeffrey
Vincent
Miko
Blue guy

Bold are up.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 5 | HP 34/48 (0 NL) | AC: 19 [SoF ++1]; T 14 [SoF ++1]; FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4* | Ref +4* | Will +4* | Init +4 | Percept +4
Status/Tracking:
SoF is down | IW 7/7 | MS: 3/3 | SS: 4/7 | WB: 1/2 | L1: 3/7 | L2 0/5

Tuich frowns as the comment bounces down the hallway. "Excuse me?" she asks loudly and pointedly as she pushes her way past the others to assess the situation... whipping off a scarf as she goes.

"స్టీల్ కండువా!"

Invoking Steel Scarf Revelation. Map updated.

Grand Lodge

Combat:
AP +2 (0/5) | Scimitar +9(1d6+5)18/x2 | Cast Def. +14
Stats:
HP 33/38, NL 0 | AC 22, T 15, FF 18 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +6, SPD 30 | Perc +5, SM +0, D-Vis.
CG Male Tiefling Magus 5 | Effects: Sickened, 4 Mirror Images

Vyk draws his blade as he moves beside Tuich. He then stares down at the group and sighs.

"Try not to hurt the sick ones, if you can."

He then casts a spell and a cloud of golden particles is suddenly conjured around the hostiles.

Casting glitterdust which has a DC 15 Will negates for becoming blinded by the golden particles for 5 rounds. But then can save out at the end of their turn. I'm centering on green and yellow, so that should hit everyone.

Sczarni

Purple: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Green: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Yellow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Orange: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Blue guy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Vyk's glitter dust spell showers down on the strange blue creature and the four lunatics. While the spell has the desired effect on most of the lunatics, it does not blind one of the lunatics or the small blue man.

While the others try to rub the bits of dust from their eyes the one lunatic that can still see charges Tuich with a crude surgical instrument.

Melee: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16

What the attack had in eagerness it seemed to lack in accuracy as the man man's attack misses.

Purple: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Yellow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Orange: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Round 1

Vyk
Tuich
Lunatic [Blind=Yellow, Purple]
Jeffrey
Vincent
Miko

Blue guy

Bold are up.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 5 | HP 34/48 (0 NL) | AC: 19 [SoF ++1]; T 14 [SoF ++1]; FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4* | Ref +4* | Will +4* | Init +4 | Percept +4
Status/Tracking:
SoF is down | IW 7/7 | MS: 3/3 | SS: 4/7 | WB: 1/2 | L1: 3/7 | L2 0/5

Oh my, that was a mistake. :o)

Liberty's Edge

M Human Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist)/7 (HP 67/67 | AC:27 [+6 Tower Shield; +2 vs Crit*] | T:16 [+2*] | FF:23 [+6 T. Shield; +2*] | CMB:11 | CMD:25 [+5 T. Shield +7 vs Grapple&Trip] | Fort:+8 | Ref:+6 [+2 vs burst with Shield] | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-2

Jeffrey marches past Tuich and Vyk, straight at the blue blue man, while drawing his sword and ignoring any attack the loony next to Tuich and Vyk may throw his way.

"You can handle that one. I'll cut off the blue fellow's head."

Double move. Hoping to provoke an AoO from green so Vincent can move up to green without doing so.

Silver Crusade

Female Talented Human 6 HP 39 | AC 12 (16: Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14: MA) | F: +2, R: +6, W: +6 (+1 vs div, +4 vs bard/sonic) | CMD 14 | Perc. +5 | Init. +2 | Miko's songs

Don't.. Miko reacts to the man threatening Tuich, screaming as she moves forward ...touch... she seems hesitate for split second, seeing the enemies near Jeffrey. Apologetically, she looks at Tuich, then rushes straight past her to cast her spell, ...my friends!

Conc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Blistering invective.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 151d10 ⇒ 10 (green)
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d10 ⇒ 6 (purple)
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d10 ⇒ 9 (blue)
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d10 ⇒ 8 (yellow)
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d10 ⇒ 6 (orange)

Blistering invective:

School evocation [fire, language-dependent]; Level alchemist 2, bard 2, inquisitor 2
Components V, S
Casting Time 1 standard action
Range personal
Area 30-ft. radius
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex partial, see text; Spell Resistance special, see below
You unleash an insulting tirade so vicious and spiteful that enemies who hear it are physically scorched by your fury. When you cast this spell, make an Intimidate check to demoralize each enemy within 30 feet of you. Enemies that are demoralized this way take 1d10 points of fire damage and must succeed at a Reflex save or catch fire. Spell resistance can negate the fire damage caused by this spell, but does not protect the creature from the demoralizing effect.

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

Vincent nods at Jeffrey. He follows behind the fighter, sending a swing of his blade at the closer loony.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 1 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 3 = 15

Eh, maybe that'll hit.

Sczarni

Jeffrey leads the charge and the as expected the lunatics attack does not get through Jeffrey's armored defenses.

AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Vincent then follows up by bringing that lunatic down in a single swing. Then things get really messy as Miko lets her anger loose and sets every lunatic and the blue creature on fire with her magic. The remaining lunatics crumple to the ground at the fire proves to much for them. The blue creature remains standing, but does his best to avoid catching fire.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

He manages to get the tear away the burning clothing before getting burnt to badly. With the fire out he takes a step back and with a quick flick of the wrist plunges the surrounding area into darkness.

Round 2

Vyk
Tuich
Jeffrey
Vincent
Miko
Blue guy

Everyone is back up.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist)/7 (HP 67/67 | AC:27 [+6 Tower Shield; +2 vs Crit*] | T:16 [+2*] | FF:23 [+6 T. Shield; +2*] | CMB:11 | CMD:25 [+5 T. Shield +7 vs Grapple&Trip] | Fort:+8 | Ref:+6 [+2 vs burst with Shield] | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-2

Jeffrey steps up to the creature, having seen where it went before casting the darkness spell. He swings his sword in the space in front of him, hoping to cut the creature.

Cold Iron Longsword, Tower Shield Penalty: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Miss <51: 1d100 ⇒ 96

"I may or may not have hurt it!" he announces to his allies outside the field of darkness.

Grand Lodge

Combat:
AP +2 (0/5) | Scimitar +9(1d6+5)18/x2 | Cast Def. +14
Stats:
HP 33/38, NL 0 | AC 22, T 15, FF 18 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +6, SPD 30 | Perc +5, SM +0, D-Vis.
CG Male Tiefling Magus 5 | Effects: Sickened, 4 Mirror Images

Vyk blinks at Miko's outburst of power and smiles.

"I think we got our badass back."

He then moves into the darkness.

Can someone move me 6 squares forward into the dark area.

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

Vincent approaches cautiously. "In this particular case I'd say the pen was mightier than the sword, Miko."

Sczarni

Jeffrey feels his blade strike something squishy confirming his suspicion that he wounded the creature.

Vyk:
While Jeffrey's blade has severely wounded the creature it is still on its feet.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 5 | HP 34/48 (0 NL) | AC: 19 [SoF ++1]; T 14 [SoF ++1]; FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4* | Ref +4* | Will +4* | Init +4 | Percept +4
Status/Tracking:
SoF is down | IW 7/7 | MS: 3/3 | SS: 4/7 | WB: 1/2 | L1: 3/7 | L2 0/5

"More like the tongue," Tuich murmurs in reply to Vincent. "Such language!"

Sczarni

Since no one else seems to have any actions.

Vyk watches as the creature attempts a counter attack against Jeffery.

Melee: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Just barely missing as Jeffrey attempts to defend himself in the dark.

Everyone is back up again.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 5 | HP 34/48 (0 NL) | AC: 19 [SoF ++1]; T 14 [SoF ++1]; FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4* | Ref +4* | Will +4* | Init +4 | Percept +4
Status/Tracking:
SoF is down | IW 7/7 | MS: 3/3 | SS: 4/7 | WB: 1/2 | L1: 3/7 | L2 0/5

I moved Tuich up to the edge of the blackness, but she can't see in the stuff and she's not going to fire blindly into the darkness with her friends in there. Erm... Delay, I guess?

Silver Crusade

Female Talented Human 6 HP 39 | AC 12 (16: Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14: MA) | F: +2, R: +6, W: +6 (+1 vs div, +4 vs bard/sonic) | CMD 14 | Perc. +5 | Init. +2 | Miko's songs

With no light penetrating into the corridor, Miko decides to let the darkness where it is, and takes courage from it:

I got the darkness
It was drinking from your lies
I should have seen it coming
it was right behind you eyes

I thought the present would be better
Just a lot of things to do
Or the past it would forget me
But the darkness got that too

Inspire courage: +2

Grand Lodge

Combat:
AP +2 (0/5) | Scimitar +9(1d6+5)18/x2 | Cast Def. +14
Stats:
HP 33/38, NL 0 | AC 22, T 15, FF 18 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +6, SPD 30 | Perc +5, SM +0, D-Vis.
CG Male Tiefling Magus 5 | Effects: Sickened, 4 Mirror Images

Cast Defensively DC 17: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Spellstrike: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 15

Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11
Lightning Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 3, 1) = 17

Scimitar: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 29
Confirm: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 20

Here's the funny part, if the first attack missed, then the lightning damage is also critical.

Slashing Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (5, 6) + 7 + 7 = 25
Potential Lightning Damage (added to above): 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 1, 2) = 9

Vyk steps forward, his blade shrieking of lightning, and slices the blue creature.

Cast Shocking Grasp.

"Eat lightning, fool!"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist)/7 (HP 67/67 | AC:27 [+6 Tower Shield; +2 vs Crit*] | T:16 [+2*] | FF:23 [+6 T. Shield; +2*] | CMB:11 | CMD:25 [+5 T. Shield +7 vs Grapple&Trip] | Fort:+8 | Ref:+6 [+2 vs burst with Shield] | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-2

Jeffrey takes another swing in the space where he hit the enemy before.

Cold Iron Longsword, Tower Shield Penalty: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Miss <51: 1d100 ⇒ 5 Bah!

"Pretty sure I missed it now!" he announces this time.

Sczarni

The creature is barely standing when Vyk drives his weapon home, sending a masive jolt through the creatures body. What's left is chared husk of what ever that thing was.

End of combat.

It's a good bet that Crove left them here to buy time to get away. Probably long gone by now." Ploog suddenly says, breaking his long silence.

Grand Lodge

Combat:
AP +2 (0/5) | Scimitar +9(1d6+5)18/x2 | Cast Def. +14
Stats:
HP 33/38, NL 0 | AC 22, T 15, FF 18 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +6, SPD 30 | Perc +5, SM +0, D-Vis.
CG Male Tiefling Magus 5 | Effects: Sickened, 4 Mirror Images

Vyk snarls when the darkness spell falls away.

"Note to self: break Crove's legs when we find him."

Vyk pulled out his wand and handed it to Tuich to heal himself.

HP 27/38

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

HP 34/38

Liberty's Edge

M Human Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist)/7 (HP 67/67 | AC:27 [+6 Tower Shield; +2 vs Crit*] | T:16 [+2*] | FF:23 [+6 T. Shield; +2*] | CMB:11 | CMD:25 [+5 T. Shield +7 vs Grapple&Trip] | Fort:+8 | Ref:+6 [+2 vs burst with Shield] | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-2

"So, uh.... what now?" Jeffrey asks while cleaning his sword, which he sheaths again when done doing so.

"Oh yeah, opening doors we hadn't opened yet!"

Jeffrey steps over the creature's corpse and up to the nearest door, which he opens as soon as everyone's patched up and ready to proceed.

Grand Lodge

Stats:
hp 19/34 AC 20, touch 14, ff 16, F/R/W +5/+4/+8, Spd 20, Init +5, Greatsword +9 (2d6+7/19-20). Power Attack -1/+3
Skills:
(Plus -2 ACP) 7/lvl: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Sense Motive +14
M Human Inquisitor (Preacher) of Gorum 5

"Yeah, let's just finish searching this place. Maybe there's something else that might be useful here." Vincent follows Jeffrey, giving the doors that they open an examination for traps before the fighter opens them.

Perception bonus is +11 if it ends up mattering.

601 to 650 of 957 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kyshkumen's Carrion Hill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.