GM Kiora's Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Kiora Atua

Chosen heroes have arrived in Kenabres at the dawn of the Fifth Crusade. Will they be the ones to end a century long war?

Battlemap


19,651 to 19,700 of 20,040 << first < prev | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | next > last >>

Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 120/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 5/9 | LP 2/2 | Place Magic 9/9 | Wild Shape 4/4

Ehren releases a small mass of starlights which soon coalesce into the familiar form of a dire badger. The druid awaits the impending arrival of the demons Isilme is sending their way, half-expecting another group of them to come swarming over them. His stony brow lofts when a mere dretch wanders into the room, only to be slain almost immediately.

"Maraigh é," he says simply, pointing a finger at the portly demon. The badger sniffs at the air in the dretch's direction, its lip curling back in disgust when it picks up on something less than delectable. Even so, it runs up to the demon and reluctantly bites a chunk out of it.

Druidic: "Kill it."

With the western passage adequately covered, for the time being, Ehren himself opts to follow Hinagiku's lead, engaging one of the dretches coming from the south. Towering over the demon, he raises his stone fists and brings them down like a hammer.

Badger Bite Attack (Augmented): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage (Augmented): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Ehren Slam Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 2 = 18
Damage (Power Attack): 1d8 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 6 = 21


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

The badger's sharp teeth rends through the demon with a fleshy wet sound. Meanwhile, Ehren trudges over to the next demon, his fist sinking deep into the dretch's chest causing inky black blood to flow freely from the impact.

Book keeping: Ehren's Dire badger deals 8 damage to Dretch #8. Ehren deals 16 damage to Dretch #10, staggering it and leaving it critical.

Xanderghul is up!


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 102/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Xanderghul shifts slightly and re-loads his crossbow with a cold iron bolt. Ratcheting it into place, he points it at the disgusting, flubbery creature standing next to Ehren's dire badger.

Xanderghul fires the bolt into the dretch, and suddenly he appears from invisibility. He considers applying new spells of invisibility and careful targeting... even knowing that it would take some time to use them properly, he is leery of using two of his more-valuable spells on mere chaff.

Crossbow v. Dretch (Bane, Into Melee): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 25
Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage (Bane): 1d8 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (4, 4) + 2 = 15


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

SMACK! The bolt strikes deep into the dretch's fat rolls. For a moment, it seems like it didn't get through the portly creature's belly, but then the demon coughs up green, slimy blood. It stares at the wound stupidly for a moment before falling over face first and melting into stinking, green ichor.

Chevalier Ivellyn moves cautiously forwards, peering down the hallway. Seeing that it is dark, she closes her eyes, holding her weapon aloft. "Heaven aid me," she intones, and the unholy weapon suddenly flares with golden light, illuminating the hallway. "Urusk. I'll give you one last chance to peacefully retreat to your cell."

A deep, throaty laugh echoes down the hall in response. "Jailer-knight, I'll return to my cell all right.. with your head speared upon your sword."

The knight scowls, then exhales. She glances back at Ary and Hinagiku and nods, silently beckoning them forward to aid her.

All the while, many dretches slowly pitter-patter their way out of the prisons, and out of the hallways below. The screaming man, whom Ivellyn had called Ser Isembert, continues to scream in agony from somewhere beyond.

Book keeping: Xanderghul kills dretch #8 with 15 damage. Crit confirms but it kills it anyway. Chevalier Ivellyn grants the aspergillium the holy modifier.

Isilme, Valaria, and Hinagiku are up!


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 24/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val shifts a bit uncomfortably. Blaming a man's madness on his bloodline always rubbed her the wrong way, but she'd never exactly met a friendly ogrekin and as the prisoner in question arrives, she's certainly not going to deny that he's stark raving mad. "Let's get this over with before the screaming stops. We all know what that means." She shifts behind Ehren's summon, confident that Daisy has the other passageway well in hand and sends her knife hurtling toward the vicious warpriest.

Knowledge Local (Heroism): 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 4 = 36
Attack (Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 4 = 34
Damage (Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 5/5 BP 23/23 MBP 3/3 MP 3/7 Glit 1/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 1/1 Chnl 3/3 Fvr 8/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 3/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

"أغنية من الكرات ترسل تحياتها ، الشياطين. حظك قد نفد," she calls out in her dwarven form's baritone. The words carry a sense of foreboding in them, filling all of those around her with dread. She quickly follows up by invoking confusion, not bothering to remove herself from within its area of influence. Her familiarity with her own magic and being able to brace herself for it allows the magic to wash over her without any ill effects, however.

Celestial:

"The Song of Spheres sends her regards, fiends. Your luck has run out."

Mv Act: Dirge of Doom; Std Act: Cast confusion
Everyone should be shaken who is within 30' of dwarf-Isilme and can see her
DC 18 Will Save or be confused for 8 rounds

Will Save (Compulsion): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 4 = 34


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 156/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 6/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 3/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 1/1 | Ki 7/7 | Redirect 5/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 8/9 | Legend. 4/4 |RSC 1/1

As Valaria has predicted, Hinagiku mouths to the other's that she'll be right back and turns to face the small group of onis heading their way. She'd hoped to go and help the man who had been crying out for help, but she could not let her friends be attacked from the rear either. She needed to take care of these onis as quickly as possible.

Running toward Ehren, Hinagiku dodges the dretches claw by sliding on the ground. Using her momentum to strand back up, she forces the now incredibly close oni back by twisting its arm, and with the other hand, she strikes at its exposed throat.

attack #12(m.hero, evil): 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 4 + 2 = 37
dg #12(m.hero, evil): 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 + 2 + (1, 6) = 27


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Isilme, Valaria:

Isilme's words ring out over the agonized screams, but don't seem to affect the dretches all that much. Urusk turns and peers at him in the dark, barely seeming to even register as Valaria's spinning starknife winds past the dire badger and strikes into his back.

"Ai buril...ul ai boshughoshul? Ik num'k snoshul. I'mp krúk i nim kam, thrim."

Abyssal: "A traitor...or a shapechanger? It doesn't matter. I'll cut you down first, worm."

Meanwhile, watching the speed of the lowly demon's movements, Hinagiku times the perfect strike. She can trust that this oni will be moving no more. But there were still two left to slay. The wounded dretch, barely clinging to consciousness, swipes once across Ehren's stony chest. Gravel falls to the ground, and the dretch soon follows, the exertion being too much for it. Dark ichor seeps into the stonework on the floor.

Dretch 3 Will Save (shaken): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7
Dretch 4 Will Save (shaken): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19
Dretch 5 Will Save (shaken): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19
Urusk Will Save (shaken): 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 17 - 2 = 25
Dretch #10 vs Ehren (critical): 1d20 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 3 = 21
Hinagiku AoO bodyguard: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 3 = 5
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Book keeping: Isilme begins Dirge of Doom. Isilme confuses Dretch #3. Valaria deals 15 damage to Urusk. Hinagiku deals 27 damage to Dretch #12, killing it. Dretch #10 deals 5 damage to Ehren on a crit, bleeds for 1 HP due to exertion, and then is KO'd.

Round 304!

Ary is up!


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / BP 1 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 5/9 LP 3/3 AM 3/3 SP 11/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Ary draws Radiance as she stalks round the corner, expecting to see the ogreblooded man immediately, but instead sees a dretch standing in the way... followed by the man. She purses her lips, knowing there was no way to reach Isilme, and simply slams Faith into the dretch in frustration, and in hope of creating a way forward.

K(Local): 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 3 = 13
Heal v. Chevalier's wounds?: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19

Faith Attack and Bull Rush (DEMON, CC, Grazed, PA): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 4 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 4 + 4 - 1 - 3 = 35
Faith Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 4 + 6 = 23
Healing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5 Targeting the captain if she appears at least wounded, targeting herself is she doesn't.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Faith lands with a wet, squelching sound into the dretch's flabby body, obliterating it almost instantly upon impact. Beyond the dretch she can see Urusk, slowly walking towards Isilme in dwarf-form. Before he can arrive, however, another dretch rounds the corner and takes a swipe at him. He steps forward, maneuvering around the clumsy dretch effortlessly. But now he is pinned between a demon and the hulking half-ogre. Isilme raises up his buckler, but the enormous warpriest smashes aside his shield with his own, its reflective surface mirroring Isilme's ugly dwarven face back to him. He delivers a violent reprisal, once, twice, with his mace, but it is obvious the ogre is unaccustomed to this weapon as his swings are not delivered with any sort of finesse, just raw barbarism. As he presses the assault forwards, the jails begin to fill with noxious green fog, and the air fills with the sound of the many imprisoned crusaders coughing and retching from the foul smelling miasma.

Dretch #5 vs Isilme: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Urusk vs Isilme (Power attack, flank): 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 3 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 6 + 5 = 21
Urusk vs Isilme (Power attack, flank): 1d20 + 9 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 3 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 6 + 5 = 19
Urusk vs Isilme (Power attack, flank): 1d20 + 4 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 3 + 2 = 5
Urusk fort save vs Stinking Cloud: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Book keeping: Ary deals 23 damage to Dretch #2, killing it, healing Chevalier Ivellyn for 5 HP. Urusk deals 40 damage to Isilme on a FRA. Isilme is wounded.

Isilme must make a DC 13 fort save or be sickened. If she succeeds, she must also make a DC 13 Will Save or be sickened due to the reflection in his shield. Ary must make a DC 13 fort save or be sickened.

Ehren is up!


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / BP 1 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 5/9 LP 3/3 AM 3/3 SP 11/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Fort Save (CC, Grazed, DEMON): 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 1 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 4 - 1 + 3 = 35

Ary doesn't even seem to notice the stinking cloud as she does her best to puzzle out how to get Isilme out of the horrific situation she's in...

If Isilme calls out for it, Ary will Intruder's End to give her more cover for getting out, if possible.


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 120/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 5/9 | LP 2/2 | Place Magic 9/9 | Wild Shape 4/4

Alas, putting in that extra bit of effort proves to be the sloth demon's downfall. Ehren blinks, more surprised by the dretch's last, desperate attack than he is hurt by it. Momentarily distracted by the sad display, the druid throws his next punch absentmindedly, missing the other dretch by a hair's breadth. A martial artist he is not.

Meanwhile, the dire badger follows after Ary, intent on tracking down its next target. Rather than push on past her however, it comes to a stop at the edge of the sickly green cloud. Its snout curls upward, finding the stench even more offensive than the demon it took a bite out of.

Slam Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 2 = 12


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

The little dretch snickers at Ehren's near-miss, a high-pitched gurgling sound coming from deep inside its throat. It then lunges for Ehren, face first with its maw of needly little teeth but...

Dretch #9 vs Ehren: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Dretch #9 vs Ehren fumble confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Ehren is up!


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 120/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 5/9 | LP 2/2 | Place Magic 9/9 | Wild Shape 4/4

Counting on the demon's own clumsiness to do his work for him, Ehren literally walks right into its attack... and then keeps walking.

Overrun (Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 = 15


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Ehren:

Moving past the dretch you pass through a large hole in the tunnels. Something big tore savagely through this small chamber, leaving a trail of wreckage that goes around a bend. It seems clear of demons.

Book keeping: Ehren overruns Dretch #9.

Xanderghul is up!


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 5/5 BP 23/23 MBP 3/3 MP 3/7 Glit 1/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 1/1 Chnl 3/3 Fvr 8/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 3/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Fort: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 1 = 14
Will: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 1 = 22


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Isilme steels himself in the face of the Mirror Shield, not allowing himself to get distracted during this fight.

Xanderghul is up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 102/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Xanderghul steps in front of Valaria and cranes his neck to get a good look at the battle. Idly, he wishes that he had a spell that he could use... especially a spell that could get the deadly weapon out of the half-ogre's hand.

As if on queue, the universe answers his request. Urusk's mace heats up to dangerous, searing levels. A canny half-ogre would drop the mace...

Fire Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8

Xanderghulc casts burning disarm on Urusk. Urusk makes a DC 12 Reflex save to avoid taking the fire damage. Success means he drops his weapon.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Urusk is familiar with the divine spell, so when he feels the weapon in his hands flare with blistering heat, he simply grips it more tightly, even as his palms start to burn and blister. He remains with his back turned to the group, too focused on cornering Isilme to so much as regard them and then shortly vanishes into the mists.

Ivellyn holds her glowing aspergillum in her shield hand aloft like a lantern, lighting the hallway forwards for Ary. She grins as she feels Ary's magic take hold on her wounds, golden motes flowing outwards from Faith and shakes her head. "Don't worry about me, Lord Commander. You don't look too hot yourself." She takes her left hand and presses it on her shoulder. "And I have a feeling this guy won't be the worst thing you face down today..." she says, as she returns the favor, mustering what little energy she had left into lessening Ary's aches and pains.

Meanwhile, Isilme was lost in a thick green fog, unable to see anything save for the dretch behind her and the half-ogre in front of her. She can hear a grating screech coming from claws raked across iron cell bars, and the strange, burbled noises that dretches always make coming from deeper within the fog. But above that, she can hear the distant noise of a man screaming in agony coming from somewhere behind her in the mists.

Urusk Spellcraft DC 16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Chevallier Ivellyn Lay on Hands Ary: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 1) = 13
Dretch #6 aid another attack on dretch #5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Dretch #3 confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 35

Book keeping: Urusk opts to just take 8 damage from burning disarm.

Isilme, Valaria, Hinagiku and Ary are up!


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 24/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val grumbles as the dretches conjure up a foul fog and hide the hallway from her. "I hate when they do this," she grumbles. "Keep the faith, they're only hiding because they know we're stronger!" She half turns and sends her blade spinning down the hall to try to take out the second dretch menacing Ehren.

Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 23
Fumble? (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 24

Start performance and do horribly trying to hit something :P


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Isilme, Hinagiku, and Ary are up!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 5/5 BP 23/23 MBP 3/3 MP 3/7 Glit 1/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 1/1 Chnl 3/3 Fvr 8/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 3/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Inwardly Isilme sighs. The fact her spell had worked on nearly none of the dretches was merely adding insult to injury after Urusk had shaken off the spell and managed to land such vicious blows on her. Had the dretches been confused, she could have easily dodged his attacks with magic, but being boxed in left her no recourse. The situation she was in at this point was clearly untenable. If she couldn't escape immediately, Urusk would likely take her down before her allies could come to her aid. Unfortunately none of her own bardic spells, nor the few cleric or magus spells she could cast would get her out of this situation.

Thinking back to other spells she had seen, she recalls Xanderghul having used his magic to assume the form of a tiny raven. In fact she had inscribed the same spell into her own spellbook, though casting it remained beyond her abilities. Such things were of little concern to her now, however. Instead of casting it as a magus or wizard might, she focuses on the essence of the spell and the concepts of freedom and flight that define it. Drawing heavily on her own divine spark, she conjures the magic through sheer force of will, inscribing the divine rune 'भगा देना' in the air before her.

Within an instant her dwarven form shifts into that of a tiny raven, which darts past Urusk in an attempt to get to safety.

Swift Act: 2MP to cast Eldritch Wish(Raven's Flight); Full Rnd Act: Withdraw


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Isilme uses the cover of fog to flit past the demons in the prison and back to safety, passing just as Valaria's starknife ricochets off the stone wall next to her.

Urusk vs concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 19
Dretch vs concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 6

Round 305!

Hinagiku and Ary are up!


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / BP 1 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 5/9 LP 3/3 AM 3/3 SP 11/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

"Alright... so you can become a bird too, now." Ary deadpans after the minor heart attack at having seen something flying out of the fog bank towards her own face, veering off to the side before transforming back. She shifts back out of the hallway, moving back to protect the others and out of the cloying vapors. "Thank you, Chevalier." She adds as the worst of her wounds heal over, before advising the others, "Try to control the chokepoints. Don't overextend. A normal dretch's clouds will only last for ten or so seconds, so take stock, and prepare to wipe him out if he presses too far forward on his own, and annihilate the dretch if they try to come forward first."

Move out of fog and into bodyguard position, recover Silver Crane's Blessing.


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 156/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 6/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 3/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 1/1 | Ki 7/7 | Redirect 5/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 8/9 | Legend. 4/4 |RSC 1/1

The commands issued by Ary instantly attrack Hinagiku’s attention. She looks over her shoulder to assess the situation, is momentarily confused by the raven then dwarf, only to realize what’s going on thanks to Ary’s comment. Judging by Isilme's wounds, it seemed that her allies were having some trouble with their foes. And, with Ehren having shown new and impressive combat skills, Hinagiku opts to go and help the others, but not without extending a helping hand to her friend. Sliding and then turning her foot inward, the monk shifts the threads of ley causing the closest dretch to lose its footing and fall prone right in front of Ehren.

Attack Harold(m.hero,inspired): 1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 37


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

"HAH! COWARD!" booms Urusk from within the green mists. The heroes can hear his heavy footsteps moving down the hall. "COME. FIGHT ME," he roars, then begins chanting in Abyssal. "Deskari im ashashashdorush. Deskari im ushakhush. Kribi, kribi, skuk sni gem i bi thrum unk Skim Deskari."

Abyssal:

"Deskari is annihilation. Deskari is oblivion. Come, come, let me teach you the ways of Lord Deskari."

Soon afterwards, Ehren's dire badger can see a slovenly little dretch approach through the fog.

DC 20 K.Religion or DC 25 Spellcraft:
His chant is an invocation to Deskari to send him a battle companion - a babau, to be specific.

Book keeping: Hinagiku trips dretch #9.

Ehren is up!


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 120/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 5/9 | LP 2/2 | Place Magic 9/9 | Wild Shape 4/4

Ehren nods to Hinagiku as she takes off, happy that he can at least be trusted to deal with a dretch of all things. Perhaps one day, he would be able to wrestle with something a little less pathetic. Lifting his heavy stone foot, the elemental proceeds to literally kick the little demon while it is down.

Elsewhere, the dire badger squints into the fog, making out an approaching outline. It cannot quite pick up on its scent through the reek, but it does not need to; in an abrupt flurry of gnashing teeth and sweeping claws, the mustelid tears into the dretch.

Slam Attack (Inspired, Power Attack): 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 - 2 = 25
Damage (Inspired, Power Attack): 1d8 + 8 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 6 = 18

Bite Attack (Inspired): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
Concealment 20% (Low Miss): 1d100 ⇒ 93
Damage (Inspired): 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Claw #1 Attack (Inspired): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
Concealment 20% (Low Miss): 1d100 ⇒ 32
Damage (Inspired): 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Claw #2 Attack (Inspired): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
Concealment 20% (Low Miss): 1d100 ⇒ 61
Damage (Inspired): 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Closing in and striking in one fluid motion Ehren collapses the demon in front of him. Meanwhile, the badger emerges from the fog alone, with its foe's body so torn apart that it looks as if it had been raked over by a ravenous beast. It drops the demon to the ground where it slowly dissolves into a foul-smelling, bubbling foam.

Book keeping: Ehren deals 18 damage to Dretch #9, killing it. The dire badger deals 23 damage to Dretch #5, killing it.

Xanderghul is up!


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 102/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Xanderghul doesn't see any other foes... he knows that Urusk is back there somewhere, and he knows that there will probably be more dretches coming, however. He maneuvers to a point more central to the group and allows his will to wash over the group, imbuing them with a measure of bravery in battle.

Slide to the left and cast bless on everybody.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Chevalier Ivellyn presses her back against the wall and clenches her fist around her weapon. Screams of agony continue to echo down the hallways. "Bastard. I'll make you pay for what you've done."

Dretch 3 Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 99
Dretch 3 vs Dretch 4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Isilme, Valaria, Hinagiku and Ary are up!


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 24/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

"Don't just rush in! That's a battle prayer to summon a demonic aid. If you let him provoke you, you'll just end up with a babau's blade in your back. We need to do something about this cloud before we go after him." Val braces herself for the appearance of more demons.

Knowledge Religion (Heroism): 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 4 = 42
Prepare Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 24
Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 17

Ready an attack to throw my dagger at the first demon that shows its ugly face.


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 5/5 BP 23/23 MBP 3/3 MP 3/7 Glit 1/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 1/1 Chnl 3/3 Fvr 8/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 3/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

After having escaped from the unfortunate circumstances of a few moments before, Isilme takes a moment to regroup, casting a healing spell upon herself. "Someone within is being tortured," she whispers to the others, "I fear they will not make it, as I cannot she how we can push through Urusk and the remaining dretches quickly,"

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Round 306!

As if on cue, the screaming stops.

Book keeping: Isilme heals herself for 10 HP.

Hinagiku and Ary are up!


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 24/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

"He's stalling for time so they can finish killing. It's a game to him, or just pure sadism." Val grits her teeth. It was hardly a wonder that this man had earned the best prison that the Crusaders could possibly construct. It was hard to keep herself from running in, but keeping her friends from joining the mad man's victims kept her from rushing recklessly.


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / BP 1 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 5/9 LP 3/3 AM 3/3 SP 11/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Ary will delay until the fog dissipates.
K(Religion): 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 3 = 25

Ary begins to drive into the fog, but then the wailing comes to an end. She nods to Valaria, "It should be coming down about now. Sorry, Ivellyn. We'll need something to deal with the impending darkness. We need to move together, Daisy, or these cramped hallways will be the death of us."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Hinagiku nods to Ary, then moves to her side so that she can assist in protecting the most people. As Ary predicted, the greenish haze finally dissipates, revealing a long corridor illuminated by Ivellyn's glowing weapon. At the front of that hallway is an enormous, mishapen man, naked save for a loincloth around his waist and an eyepatch across one eye. His body is covered in enormous, pulsing tumors, and across his chest he has carved the unholy symbol of Deskari into himself with bleeding, ragged wounds. He bears a glassy tower shield on one hand, its surface polished so that its appearance is that of a mirror. In the other hand, he bears a light mace, its head made of gleaming cold iron. He holds the mace aloft, as dark energy swirls around it and the bleeding wound on his chest. He finishes his spell, and a babau suddenly appears in the room with the others! Cackling with delight, the babau lunges at the badger in front of its summoner. Its grip on its falters, almost imperceptibly, as it notices how many others are in the room. It recovers gracefully, making it seem like a toying swipe. But with its second lunge, Ary moves forward, blocking the spearhead with her crimson shield. The haft of the weapon breaks on impact, the spear itself shattering into two parts. The demon snarls, tossing the weapon aside, moving closer to attack with teeth and claws instead.

Meanwhile, the half-ogre finishes his chant with a mighty war cry. His eyes blaze red with the unholy power of Deskari flowing through his veins.

Spellcraft DC 19:
He is casting [i]divine power[i] as a swift action.

With a surge of vigor he overwhelms the badger in front of him, striking blow after blow until there is no need to strike again. Once the creature is nothing but a bloody pulp on the ground, he continues his swing into Ivellyn. With heartless precision his cudgel slams into her once, but the force enough to nearly knock her to her knees.

Babau vs Badger: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Hinagiku AoO #1: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Babau vs Badger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Babau vs Badger fumble?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Hinagiku AoO #2: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Babau vs Badger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Hinagiku AoO #3: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Urusk vs Badger: 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 3 + 4 = 28
Hinagiku AoO #4: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 5 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 + 5 + 4 - 5 = 19
Urusk vs Badger: 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 3 + 4 = 27
Hinagiku AoO #5: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 5 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 + 5 + 4 - 5 = 16
Urusk Cleaving Finish vs Ivellyn: 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 3 + 4 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 6 + 5 + 4 = 20
Urusk vs Badger: 1d20 + 9 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 3 + 4 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 5 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 6 + 5 + 4 - 5 = 17
Urusk vs Badger: 1d20 + 4 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 3 + 4 = 14

Book keeping: Summoned babau fumbles and breaks its weapon, its weapon no longer has reach and suffers a -4 to attacks. Urusk deals 19 damage to the Dire Badger, activating blood rage. He then deals 16 damage after DR. The badger is dying, but stays conscious due to ferocity. Urusk gets a bonus cleave regardless against Ivellyn, dealing 20 damage to her. She is in critical condition. He then deals 17 damage to the badger after DR, killing it.

Ehren and Xanderghul are up!


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / BP 1 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 5/9 LP 3/3 AM 3/3 SP 11/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

The fog gone, Ary simply slips over the badger's fading form, bringing Faith directly towards the bloodpriest's chest, but then twists imperceptibly as Radiance warms in her hand, bringing her attention to the burns from Xanderghul's spell. She drags the crimson shield sideways through the air and towards Urusk's arm as she slams her weight forward threatening to rip the weapon from his hand, holy motes fluttering out to heal the wounded warrior. Without skipping a beat, she pivots to drive the cold iron holy symbol into the nearby Babau, hammering it away to make space for Hinagiku to drive forward and possibly bring the Oni-of-a-Man to his knees. She then brings her golden sword arcing through the intervening space, cloak disguising her motion, as she drags the blade vertically through the air, bringing her full attention back to Urusk.

Faith Attack and DISARM 1 v. Urusk (CC, Grazed, Inspired, Blessed, Legendary Surge): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 4 + 2 + 1 + (7) - 2 = 36 -2 stam to disarm rather than bull rush
Radiance Attack v. Urusk (CC, Grazed, Inspired, Blessed): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 25
Faith Attack and Bull Rush v. Babau (CC, Grazed, Inspired, Blessed, DEMON): 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 26

Faith Damage (CC, Inspired): 1d4 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 15
Radiance Damage (CC, Inspired): 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 16
Faith Damage v. Babau (CC, INspired, DEMON): 1d4 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 16

Silver Crane's Blessing v. Self: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

Full round attack, spending 2 stam to Disarm rather than Bull rush on the first attack. First attack trying to disarm Urusk with a legendary surge, using Silver Crane's Blessing to heal herself, then the second attack on the Babau, attempting to bull rush it into the wall.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

With her first strike she sends the warpriest's mace clattering to the floor, then with her second fierce hit Radiance grates across her enemy, leaving a lacerated wound. She then spins her momentum into the nearby babau, feeling the cold iron spikes of Faith cut through skin, muscle, sinew. The babau screams out in pain and is sent flying a few feet away. It scrambles quickly to its feet and readies itself to strike back. Ary then turns to focus on the half-ogre, when she catches her reflection in his glassy shield...

Book keeping: Ary deals 31 damage to Urusk, and disarms him. She heals herself for 9 HP.

Ary must succeed at a DC 13 will save or become sickened looking at her own reflection. She deals 16 damage to the babau and bull rushes it 5'.

Ehren and Xanderghul are up!


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / BP 1 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 5/9 LP 3/3 AM 3/3 SP 11/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Will (CC,Grazed): 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 3 = 29

Focused as she is on Urusk, Ary doesn't have time for her own reflection.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 102/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Spellcraft (DC 19): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Sacred Geometry: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 1, 2) = 16 1*(6+6) + (2-1) = 13 (2nd-level constant)
Ranged Touch (Into Melee, Inspired, Bless): 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 14
Acid Damage (Inspired): 5d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 1, 1) + 2 = 11

Xanderghul shifts to his right, squinting at the battlefield to see Urusk around the corner. The half-ogre was an insane monster, and he was surprised to see a creature as savage as this one was still capable of casting spells. Frankly, being able to cast magic through the power of belief alone was a garbage concept for a world. It rendered all of the hard work that (other) wizards had to do in order to learn spells as well.

And honestly. Self-flagellation? that is such a last-century concept. Please.

Xanderghul reaches out, muttering a long string of calculations under his breath. He gesticulates with great dexterity, and after a moment Urusk's bare skin begins to sizzle and bubble with corrosive acid.

5' step to the right and cast Reach corrosive touch on Urusk.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Ehren is up!


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 120/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 5/9 | LP 2/2 | Place Magic 9/9 | Wild Shape 4/4

With the last dretch squashed, Ehren hurries back into the other chamber, arriving just in time to see the battered corpse of his summon dissolve into starlights. Unfortunately, the chokepoint left very little room to engage Urusk in melee... not that doing so would be a particularly good idea for him. Knowing that his friends are better equipped to handle the brute, the druid instead closes in the babau in the room, hoping to keep it busy.

Ehren has enough movement to approach the babau in such a way that does not provoke.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Xanderghul is at an awkward angle to actually see Urusk, and in attempting to cast exquisitely difficult magic past his allies fails to accurately finish his spell. Before him, Chevalier Ivellyn swings the aspergilium once, which smashes into the half ogre's tower shield. Then, once again, stinking smoke fills the hallway, this time smelling of decayed meat. Each dretch had a different, terrible odor, which meant that even seasoned veterans of the crusades could occasionally be caught off guard...

Chevalier Ivellyn vs Urusk (Inspired, Critical): 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 2 - 3 = 22
Chevalier Ivellyn vs Urusk (Inspired, Critical): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 - 3 = 25
Urusk fort save vs sickened: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 11

Ary must make a DC 13 fort save or be sickened due to the fog.

Isilme, Valaria, and Hinagiku are up!


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 5/5 BP 23/23 MBP 3/3 MP 3/7 Glit 1/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 1/1 Chnl 3/3 Fvr 8/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 3/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Moving around the melee at the hall with Urusk, Isilme closes on the Babau Ehren is fighting, looking to aid him in eliminating it. Swinging her starknife, she enchants it to ensure it will easily find its way through the fiend's defenses.

Attack(Inspire, Arcane Pool +2, Wounded): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 34
Damage(Inspire, Arcane Pool +2): 1d4 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 12


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 156/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 6/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 3/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 1/1 | Ki 7/7 | Redirect 5/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 8/9 | Legend. 4/4 |RSC 1/1

Calm and composed despite the oni materializing next to Ary, Hinagiku silently and deftly moves in to guard the commander’s flank. It was still strange not having Valaria by her side, but fighting by mrs. Isilme and Ehren-kun was a new and interesting pattern to adapt to.

”I’ll make sure the babau stays down soon.” she softly them informs.

Still, the real threat was the monstrous man half concealed by the putrid green cloud. And so, Hinagiku focuses on the threads of ley within her hands and their connection to the world, and the to good within the world. Slowly, she absords that force, a white golde light creeps up her hands and feet like vines, gently suffusing her body with a dim light. Now imbued with holy power, she strikes at Urusk, hoping to draw its ire.

Attack Urusk(m.hero,inspired,smite): 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 45 defensive spin, +4 ac agains Urusk if hits.
conceal(low fail): 1d100 ⇒ 24
dg(m.hero,smite,inspired): 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 17

free, let go of threads of fate/ley. 5’ step, swift to smite (2 ki), attack,will use redirection on Urusk on his first attack (or on babau if impossible on Urusk)


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 24/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val keeps up her chant, trying to give her friends every advantage that she possibly can before she spins and sends her dagger at the newly arrived blood demon. Not that it's having a particularly good time, but the sooner it's gone, the sooner they can focus on the real threat.

Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 28
Second Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 + 4 = 30
Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 17
Second Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 19


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Isilme's obsidian starknife cuts through flesh and muscle, while Valaria's own bites into her prey with the speed of a striking snake. Meanwhile, Hinagiku moves to Ary's side. Sidestepping the half ogre's clumsy punch, she strikes once at his undefended arm. In the same motion she spins around, knocking the babau behind her to the ground. As soon as her back is turned to the murky fog, Urusk simply pulls Radiance from Ary's grasp, gripping the golden blade in his bleeding and blistered hand. Yanking it free, he tosses it up into the air once to flip it and then catch it by the handle, the once golden blade fading to plain cold iron in his hands. Radiance whistles as it sweeps towards the Lord Commander's neck, but then Hinagiku appears from nowhere to deflect the attack, saving Ary from an untimely beheading.

Hinagiku redirection vs Babau (trip): 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 4 + 2 = 39
Babau vs Isilme: 1d20 + 7 - 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 3 - 4 = 13
Hinagiku AoO #1 on Isilme: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Urusk's attack headline takes his tower shield into account
Urusk vs fog: 1d100 ⇒ 19
Urusk vs fog: 1d100 ⇒ 26
Urusk Disarm vs Ary using CMB: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 3 + 4 - 1 + 2 = 35 Ary's CMD is 27 after grazed
Hinagiku vs fog AoO #2: 1d100 ⇒ 5
Urusk vs fog: 1d100 ⇒ 25
Urusk vs Ary (Radiance): 1d20 + 9 - 3 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 3 + 4 - 1 = 26 Ary's AC is 28 after grazed and bodyguard.
Hinagiku vs fog: 1d100 ⇒ 63
Hinagiku AoO #3 on Ary: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Urusk vs fog: 1d100 ⇒ 73
Urusk vs Ary: 1d20 + 4 - 3 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 3 + 4 - 1 = 6
Hinagiku vs fog: 1d100 ⇒ 37
Hinagiku AoO #4 on Ary: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Dretch vs fog: 1d100 ⇒ 18

Book keeping: Isilme deals 12 damage to the babau, grazing it. Valaria deals 36 damage to the babau, it is in critical condition. Hinagiku deals 17 damage to Urusk, smiting him and using defensive spin, which grazes him. Hinagiku uses an immediate action to redirection on the babau, which leaves it prone. Urusk disarms Radiance from Ary, disrupting Resonant Regalia.

Hinagiku, Isilme, and Ehren are entitled to AoOs vs the babau as it stands up.

Round 307!

Ary is up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / BP 1 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 5/9 LP 3/3 AM 3/3 SP 11/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 3 = 18

Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 86
Faith attack and Disarm (CC, Grazed, Inspired, Blessed: 1d20 + 15 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 33 -2 more stam, no, MINE.
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 55
Faith: 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 27

Faith Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 16
Faith Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 17

Ary tilts her head as she watches the hand grope past her, once... twice... and then watches as he grabs Radiance by the blade, eyes widening, what was - and then the blade was gone. Her jaw drops slightly as the blade she'd never so much as dropped near a demon was suddenly gone, then is so utterly surprised by the fact that a dull gray blade leapt from the fog that she barely registers it, and certainly wouldn't have if not for Daisy's catch.

She exhales the ragged air, and closes her eyes to try to center herself, "Thank you, Daisy." she manages, as her sword hand grips... nothing. Her heartbeat quickens for a moment, before she drives into the fog once more, she opens her eyes and intones, "Without my heart to guide it, a sword is but a tool."

Even still, she reattempts the same tactic, targeting his sword arm, and hoping to catch the bladeguard with her cold iron spikes - though, without Radiance's heart to guide her, perhaps it would be in vain. Even still, she wouldn't allow the half-ogre to simply get away with that.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Ary deflects his next strike with her shield, then rakes the blades of Faith along his arm, all the way down to his sword hand. These ragged, deep cuts down his bare forearm cause him to roar in pain, and he drops the blade into Ary's waiting hand. The sword flares back to life, golden and brilliant. Feeling much better with Radiance's warm handle in her right hand, Ary leaps up and slams Faith directly into the half ogre's ugly face.

Book keeping: Ary takes Radiance back and then deals 33 damage to Urusk.

Please note that you have to be adjacent to Urusk to see him to target him.

Ehren and Xanderghul are up!


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 102/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Without the ability to do much of anything against Urusk, Xanderghul simply shifts farther towards the center of the battle. Even standing dead-on with the hallway wasn't enough for him to be able to see the half-ogre warrior, so he simply plunges a hand into his cloak to withdraw a ball of tar. Levying it at the babau, Xanderghul hurls it - its shadow-cloaking effect would not matter when its opponents could all see in the dark.

Binding Darkness (Bless, Inspired, Into Melee): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 19
Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Eldritch Breach: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

19,651 to 19,700 of 20,040 << first < prev | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kiora's Wrath of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.