GM Kiora's Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Kiora Atua

Chosen heroes have arrived in Kenabres at the dawn of the Fifth Crusade. Will they be the ones to end a century long war?

Battlemap


19,451 to 19,500 of 19,869 << first < prev | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | next > last >>

Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 3/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Tunnel:

"May my Lady Starsong guide both of your steps," she says, returning the blessing. With that she turns and takes off quickly.


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

"Fighting things I can't see is always such a fun time," Val deadpans as the son of perdition vanishes in midair. "If anyone has anything else to deal with that, it would be great." She suddenly misses the Bound Horror's support when dealing with demons with this particular trick up their sleeve. Still, forcing him to come near the demonscope would have been unconscionable. She sighs and continues to focus on the babaus, waiting for a better opportunity to strike at their leader. Her knife lashes out at the nearest foe tearing at their bloody flesh.

Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 25
Second Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 27
Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 16
Second Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 18

Same as usual for this fight. Perform and attack.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Xanderghul and Hinagiku are up!


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 95/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Stepping towards the pulpit, Xanderghul mutters the words to a light-based spell he's learned, taking advantage of the fact that he can see the Son of Perdition using his magic to target the fallen angel (or insane victim). While he chants, he drops his wand to the ground to complete difficult somatic gestures. As he finishes his incantation, he sweeps his hand in a wide arc. At four different points along the arc, a ray of light springs from Xanderghul's hand and flies at great speed towards each of the remaining demons in the room. If the demons are struck, then the ray expands in many parts, forming a globular cage made out of light.

Cast Persistent light prison, targeting all four foes. All of them make two DC 17 Reflex saves to avoid being caged in the light prison. If they are caged and they move to exit the prison, they take 1d6 points of untyped damage and are rendered blind for 1 round.

Sacred Geometry: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 1, 6) = 21 (5 x 6) + (5 - 4) x 1 = 31 (4th-level constant)

Spell Pen (Babau #4): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Spell Pen (Babau #4): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Spell Pen (Babau #10): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Spell Pen (Babau #10): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Spell Pen (Babau #8): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Spell Pen (Babau #8): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

The Son of Perdition nimbly rolls in midair out of the way before Xanderghul finishes materializing the prison around him. One babau was not so lucky. Happy to capitalize on its surprise, Valaria neatly tosses her starknife into the caged babau's side.

Unimpressed, the Son of Perdition sneers, "What trite Iomedaen tricks."

Son of Perdition K.Religion vs Light Prison (grazed): 1d20 + 18 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 18 - 1 = 28
Son of Perdition Reflex (grazed): 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 1 = 27
Son of Perdition Reflex (grazed): 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 1 = 22
Babau #8 Reflex (wounded): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19
Babau #8 Reflex (wounded): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 = 22
Babau #10 Reflex (grazed): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 20
Babau #10 Reflex (grazed): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24
Babau #4 Reflex (grazed): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 11
Babau #4 Reflex (grazed): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 14

Book keeping: Xanderghul traps Babau #4 in a light prison. Valaria deals 34 damage to Babau #4. This wounds it.

Round 264!

Hinagiku is up!


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Faith AoO v. Standing 10 (PA, (PA, CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired): 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 = 40
Faith Confirm?: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 = 29
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 26
Faith AoO v. Casting 10 (PA, (PA, CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired): 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 = 29
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 88
Faith AoO v. Son of Perdition (PA, CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired): 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 = 21

Faith AoO (PA, CC, DEMON, Inspired): 1d4 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 25
Faith AoO (PA, CC, DEMON, Inspired): 1d4 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 24
Faith AoO v. Son of Perdition (PA, CC, Evil Outsider, Inspired): 1d4 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 27

Ary doesn't even hesitate as the Babau begins to stand, delivering a bone-crunching blow with devastating efficiency, before vanishing amidst her motes, reappearing to drive both foes even further still.

AoO v. Son misses:
Faith AoO v. Son of Perdition (PA, CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired): 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 = 32
Faith AoO v. Son of Perdition (PA, CC, Evil Outsider, Inspired): 1d4 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 - 5 = 21 -5 combat stamina for an additional AoO at a -5 penalty

As Ary's shield slams past the creature, her form flickers and she simply reappears a few feet to the side, her shield driving outwards with biting cold iron and glimmering ruby crystal, before she simply returns to her position, still poised to destroy their foes.

"Oh, believe me, the tricks haven't even begun. Wait until the full drow gets back up here." Ary says, unable to keep from smirking even as the pain surges through her, and knowing what the baiting had already cost her.


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 130/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 3/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 0/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 0/1 | Ki 3/7 | Redirect 4/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 5/9 | Legend. 3/4 |RSC 1/1

So much is going on that Hinagiku is barely able to keep up. She strikes the first babau that stands up, but isn’t able to strike the second one. Her defensive form had been useful when they were outnumbered, but focusing on her attacks now would allow her to better keep up.

Switching style, she presses forward attacking the closest babau. Reaching out, she grabs its arm, brends the wrist backward all the way behind its head, and strikes it twice in the ribs with her other elbow.

AoO #4(m.hero,inspired,evil,denfensive,grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 - 1 = 23
conceal(low miss): 1d100 ⇒ 84
reflex(m.hero,grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 4 - 1 = 30
dg(m.hero,inspired,evil): 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + (3, 5) = 25

trip #10(m.hero,inspired,evil,denfensive,grazed): 1d20 + 18 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 - 1 = 28
conceal(low miss): 1d100 ⇒ 34
attack#10(m.hero,inspired,evil,grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 42defensive spin
conceal(low miss): 1d100 ⇒ 38
reflex(m.hero,grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 4 - 1 = 26
dg(m.hero,inspired,evil): 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + (4, 3) = 30
attack#10(m.hero,inspired,evil,grazed): 1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 25
conceal(low miss): 1d100 ⇒ 50
reflex(m.hero,grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 4 - 1 = 38
dg(m.hero,inspired,evil): 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + (1, 2) = 20

flurry, second attack is defensive spin to get +4 ac against babua #10


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Ary is not fast enough to teleport to the Son of Perdition before it vanishes in the darkness. However, seeing the babau stop to try and work its abyssal magic on her, she vanishes and reappears at its side. Twisting her hips as she swings Faith, she brings the full weight of her body snapping into the demon. Her cold iron spikes dig into the demon's throat and the demon coughs and sputters for breath. She withdraws, and Hinagiku is on it in an instant. Pulling the demon down onto the ground, her next strike into its ribs causes something in the demon's body to splinter and break. This monster will die slowly.

"Ibhurzashdam skashi snúshul nubim, bi skik unk i. Arbush! Arbush!" shrieks the Son of Perdition in a murderous rage.

Abyssal:
"Imbecilic little murder demons, the lot of you. Again! Again!"

The last demon on the pulpit leaps onto the altar and likewise starts to try and unweave the protective magic on the half-drow ranger.

Babau #8 dispel vs Ary (wounded): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13

Book keeping: Hinagiku deals 25 damage to Babau #4 on an AoO, leaving it in critical condition. Ary deals 49 damage to Babau #10 on an AoO, leaving it critical and interrupting its cast. She crits, crushing its trachea. It cannot breathe or speak. Hinagiku then deals 50 damage to Babau #10 after tripping it, which kills it anyway.

Ary is entitled to an AoO vs Babau #8 as it tries to cast a spell.

Ary and Ehren are up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 28/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

"Hiding in flesh, and now in the dark," Ehren's voice rumbles as he brushes the back of his thumb against his forehead. Like a spark struck by a flint and steel, glorious light erupts from his stone crown, piercing through the murk and shadow. "But no longer."

Ehren uses a charge from his wand to cast daylight on himself.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Ary is up!


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

AoO and Bull Rush v. 8 (PA, CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired, IE): 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 42
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 41
Confirm? (PA, CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired, IE): 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 38
Faith AoO Damage v. 8 (PA, CC, DEMON, Inspired): 1d4 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 25

Radiance Attack 1 (CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired, DW, PA) v. Son of Perdition: 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 3 = 30
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 91
Radiance Attack 2 (CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired, DW, PA) v. Son of Perdition: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 3 = 14
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 51
Faith Attack 1 and Bull Rush (CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired, DW, PA) v. Son of Perdition: 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 3 = 38 No confirm because Incorporeal. WOMPWOMP
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 60

Radiance Damage 1 (CC, DEMON, Inspired): 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 26
Radiance Damage 2 (CC, DEMON, Inspired): 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 26
Faith Damage 1 (CC, DEMON, Inspired): 1d4 + 5 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 20

Ary simply fwips out of existence once more long enough to drive Faith directly into the Murder Demon's body as it begins to attempt to dispel her, and is already pivoting into an assault in the direction the creature's hand had come from, immediately lashing out with Radiance, and driving the blade through smoke or air - in the darkness she isn't entirely certain, though Faith is less of a guessing game as she hammers straight towards the space it was hiding.

And then there was light everywhere once more. Ary nods her thanks to Ehren as she recognizes its source.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Rather than put up with its mocking voice, Ary simply contorts deftly and lands an impressive strike of her own... hearing its cry of pain and surprise, she presses the attack, continuing to lay into the area where she knows the monster to be hiding. She only pauses for a moment to flicker into place of one of her golden motes. Seizing the initiative she dashes forward, letting Faith sink straight into the babau's face, leaving its head ringing as it flies across the chapel from the force of her blow. As she appears back in position she can feel a tugging sensation as the babau inside the cage of light likewise tries to undo her protective magic, though its skills are no more refined than its brethren at this matter.

The Son of Perdition recoils as the light fills the chapel once more, revealing its position to the entire group. Hissing, it billows its enormous feathered wings open, then dives straight through the far northern wall and out of sight.

Babau #4 CL vs Ary (critical): 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 3 = 9

Audit: +13 damage to Son of Perdition due to AoO (forgot Always a Chance was active). Reflavored the AoO to work better narratively without an awkward retcon.

Book keeping: Ary AoOs babau #8 for 25 damage and automatically interrupts its cast. She crits it for 1d2 ⇒ 2 Int damage and sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds. It is in critical condition and also prone from hitting the bannister. Ary deals 23 damage to the Son of Perdition, wounding it. Ehren casts daylight, which restores the normal light level (normal light). Intruder's End is over.

Ary is entitled to yet another AoO vs Babau #4 as it tries to cast a spell. Hinagiku is entitled to an AoO vs the Son of Perdition as it flees (it withdraws, but Hinagiku has Retributive Reach).

Xanderghul, Valaria, and Hinagiku are up!


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

AoO and Bull Rush v. 4 (PA, CC, DEMON, Wounded, Inspired, IE): 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 3 + 4 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 33
Faith Damage v. 4 (PA, CC, DEMON, Inspired): 1d4 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 25

Ary flits over to the next babau as it tries to remove her magic and simply slams into it with her shield once more, reappearing with demonic ichor dripping from her cold iron spikes.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Ary appears behind the hapless babau and lands a strike squarely on the nape of its neck. She can hear the bone snap, followed by the sound of a torrent of flowing ichor as the demon dissolves into nothing.

Book keeping: Ary AoOs babau #4 for 25 damage and kills it.

Xanderghul, Valaria, and Hinagiku are up!


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 130/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 3/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 0/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 0/1 | Ki 3/7 | Redirect 4/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 5/9 | Legend. 3/4 |RSC 1/1

In an attempt to emprison and destroy the Son of Perdition just like she had captured and destroyed Eustoryax, Hinagiku performs a large circular motion with her two arms, as if trying to gather some sort of power. And a strange thing occur, though she is not even reaching for the fallen angel threads of the ley slowly follow her motions and begin to encircle their foe. In one quick motion, Hinagiku pulls on them as she clasps her hands together and thus closes them around the demon.

Letting go of the ley, Hinagiku then rushes toward the prone babau. In one jump, she closes the distance between then, and lands foot first on its sternum.

AoO(m.hero,inspired,evil,grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 29
dg(m.hero,inspired,evil): 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + (4, 5) = 27

Attack #8(m.hero,inspired,evil,grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 41
dg(m.hero,inspired,evil): 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 2 + (5, 2) = 24

reflex(m.hero,grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 4 - 1 = 23


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Hinagiku just has a moment to retaliate as the monster reappears and then almost immediately flees the chapel, but in that time she is able to utilize the ley to unravel the creature until it flies far enough away from her to finish doing so.

Book keeping: Hinagiku deals 13 damage to the son of perdition as it flees on an AoO.

Xanderghul and Valaria are up!


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

"I'm also starting to get tired of enemies running with their tails between their legs," Val grumbles as she moves forward into the center of the room to keep an eye out for more trouble. "Not that I can blame them for knowing that they're outmatched..." She absently arcs her starknife over the benches, aiming to try to hit the remaining babau while she has a moment.

Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 34
Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 18


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Xanderghul is up!


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Intent on simply finishing off the final babau, Xanderghul strides onto the pulpit with his loaded crossbow to get a better shot at it. He aims and fires, but the bolt lands with a thud a foot above the fallen babau's head. Showing him up is Valaria, whom from a much further distance, lets loose a spinning starknife at the babau. She watches the blade fly through the air, slowly closing with the fallen demon. The cowardly creature ducks and covers his face, but the blade connects with his back, eliciting a shriek of pain. As the starknife vanishes and reappears in Valaria's hand, Hinagiku moves forwards between the two.  Her foot speeds forwards and down like a ray of light, striking its target with a gruesome thump. The demon breathes its last, melting into a puddle of bubbling ichor.

Xanderghul Crossbow v. Babau #8 (Bane, Into Melee, Inspired): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (2, 2) + 2 = 15

Book keeping: Valaria deals 18 damage to Babau #8. Hinagiku deals 24 damage to it, killing it.

Combat ends on Round 265!

After less than a minute of waiting for Isilme, the azata-turned-drow emerges from the mausoleum entrance.

Isilme returns on Round 270!

I am going to wait for you to take any desired actions. I am assuming that you wish to move forwards by exiting the chapel into the keep proper, continuing your previous decision to not move stealthily nor scout ahead of time, and to instead move together quickly as a group. If anyone would like to proposing changing your method of moving through the keep, please speak up ASAP so we can put it to a vote. Otherwise, once 3 state that they want to move forwards, we will.


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 3/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

"Well, that seems to have ended quickly," Isilme says as she arrives. "Aluxar, the squire, will make it, and he and Ser Calain are being led to safety by Captain Parker," she adds, updating the others on the fate of the two she had teleported out.

Isilme gestures towards the exit as she moves up alongside the rest, "Onward then?"


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Ary will recover her maneuvers, Silver Crane's Blessing and Intruder's End in the first round, swallow your fear in the second, and move towards any doorways to see what lies down them.

"The damage it dealt to me won't be something we can heal easily." Ary says, admiring the sudden cleanliness of... one part of the room, though she grimaces at all of the havoc amongst the rest of it. "One of us should go check on Isilme, while the others look for the way onwards." Ary says calmly as she can as she focuses on both moving and readying for the battle ahead.

Once Isilme arrives, she frowns, "Why would Captain Parker be coming back this way? She and her men should be staying midway in the tunnels, not moving about, half-dead, on their own. And especially not heading back towards the things they were fleeing." she sighs, "But we don't have time for every loose thread. We need to save the Demonscope."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

(Round 268, before Isilme arrives)

There is but one other door in the chapel - a pair of large, wooden double doors that lead out to the street. Creaking one open slightly, Ary takes a look outside. Clydwell Keep occupies a hill of jagged stone adjacent to the Starrise Spire within a walled fortifcation, where its defenders can simultaneously defend the centre of Nerosyan while looking out eastward for demons sieging the keep. A 30' high curtain wall surrounds the entire structure bisecting the keep halfway through and dividing it into an upper and lower bailey. Several stout towers, each rising 20' higher than the walls, appear at regular intervals. The lower bailey consists of several buildings necessary for the maintenance of such a large defensive structure - infirmary, chapel, smithy, storage, mess hall. The upper bailey houses the barracks for the soldiers stationed here, as well as Clydwell. Clydwell Keep is a small tower-shaped castle that sits directly bordering the Starrise Spire. The only way into the Spire is through one of its four keeps, which are normally kept open to foot traffic for visitors and worshippers, though naturally any visitors must pass through multiple screening checkpoints to gain entry.

Martyr's Rest Chapel rests on the southern side of the lower bailey on a cobbled stone ramp. The street winds its way through a recessed area in the cliffs under a tall rampart, down into a narrow bailey between the eastern wall and natural cliff formations. Ary can see the upper bailey to the north and north west, where stone buildings nestle in the shadows of the cliffs and the thirty-foot high curtal wall surrounding the keep's eastern perimeter.

The streets are littered with the blood, ichor, and bodies of a recent massive battle. Ary can see winged demons flying high overhead, though they are far enough to be easily mistaken for overhead birds had she not studied the creatures extensively. Nabasus and vrocks, primarily, she can judge based on their flight patterns.

Profession Soldier DC 15:

Looking to the towers and streets, you can tell that Clydwell Keep's defenders were quickly overwhelmed by a surprise attack of a small, but powerful set of demonic troops. However, it is likely that these troops were but a distraction to the ultimate goal of destroying the Demonscope within the Spire. This ironically reminds you of your group's own recent gambit of a focused, powerful strike team to reclaim the Sword of Valor... but of course demons are not particularly known for their originality.

You can see hulking, malformed shapes on the towers and walls, indicating to your that nearly all of the critical defenders have been wiped out. However, the number of demons you can see would not have been sufficient to take out Clydwell Keep. This means one of two things: either the demons were mostly summoned (and therefore vanished as quickly as they came), or, more likely, the bulk of the demonic force has moved on by now. The most likely spot for them is inside the keep itself.

Strangely, the bailey seems mostly deserted otherwise, though you can hear shouts and sounds of battle echoing from beyond the walls in the other keeps and in the streets of Nerosyan itself.

Directly ahead of the chapel is a small drinking well, and another, cloistered building that likely served as clerical housing. The cloister's doors creak open, and a trio of fat, bumbling dretches peek out. They apparently don't see Ary, because they open the door wider and sneak cautiously out into the bailey, slobber dripping from their jowls and their fat jiggling with each step. Each bears large, clay urns. Staggering beneath their bulk, they turn and head towards the northeast down the cobbled street.

To the opposite direction is a sheer cliff face, about 15' tall. At the top of this cliff is the gate that leads to the upper bailey. Climbing such a cliff would not be trivial, but the alternative is to follow a long, winding road that bends through the lower bailey and curves back around to ascend the cliff at a steep, but walkable, incline.

Please see Discord for a posted image of the basic layout in case my descriptions are hard to follow. Will post a link to the image here once I have more time.


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 28/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

Ehren takes a look out the door after Ary, frowning when he realizes that they missed the battle... one that the castle's defender's evidently lost. An unfortunately fortuitous development, considering that they are in a hurry. For that same reason, scaling the cliff face strikes him as their most expedient route.

"I could use Terendelev's scale on some of you," the druid suggests, looking to Ary in particular. He could only use the scale on three people, but she could probably carry the lot of them on her back if she really needed to. "That would get us to the top of the cliff in a matter of seconds."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Does anyone else agree with Ehren’s idea?


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 95/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Xanderghul pokes his head out the door to the castle's courtyard before emerging fully. He frowns deeply. "It's troubling that this place should be the most-well-defended place in Nerosyan. Are we the only ones here to reinforce it?"

He nods at Ehren. "If speed is what we're looking for... Plus, the levitation spell will likely last long enough to use again. Quickly, do it."

"Disregard using it on me. I can fly."


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Swapping back to anti-aoo stance.
P(Soldier) (Wounded, CC): 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 2 + 4 = 34

Ary slips back into her wider stance as she watches the din outside. "Clydwell is already overrun with demons, and they stand watch on the outer parapets. Vrock and Nabasu circle the skies, and even Dretches are taking the time to raid larders. The keep will be filled with the demonic host, unless nearly all of the forces were conjured." Ary pauses, slipping back inside of the door frame. "I can hear fighting from other keeps, but not the nearest one. Do you still have the grappling hook spell, Xander? Otherwise, yeah, I agree with using some of us as an elevator for the others."


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 28/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

If we go with the scale, Ehren will use it on Ary, Hinagiku, and Valaria. I believe everyone else has alternate means of making it to the top.


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 95/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Xander shakes his head. "No, not today. I have no spells I can use to move others. Today, I prepared divination, communication, invisibility spells, and battle magic."


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 130/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 3/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 0/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 0/1 | Ki 3/7 | Redirect 4/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 5/9 | Legend. 3/4 |RSC 1/1

While they wait for Isilme, Hinagiku grabs her holy symbol and lifts it in front of her neck. Whispering, she calls upon the power of the Master of master to heal her allies.

When Isilme arrives, Hinagiku gives her a nod and quickly moves upstairs to the chapel's door. Pressing her back against one of the doors, she slowly moves to the embrasure between the two doors, and looks outside. Her gaze is slowly drawn toward the sky at the beacon.

"It is still faltering, the moving fast might be the wiser choice, if dangerous. If you can fly us up Ehren-kun, then I think we should. But, are we prepare to fight an army to reach our allies deep inside?"

channelx2: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 2) + 8 = 15


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Book keeping: +15 HP to everyone but Isilme. Ary is no longer wounded and is instead grazed. Hinagiku is no longer grazed. HP totals are noted on Roll 20 (though map has not been updated because I don't want to map out the entire keep). Ehren uses his scale on Ary, Hinagiku, and Valaria.

Deciding on using magic to climb up the cliff to the upper bailey, once Isilme has returned the heroes wait for the dretches, still overburdened with urns much larger than their own, stout little bodies, are out of sight before exiting the chapel. While they wait, Ehren pulls out Terendelev's scale and presses it against Ary, Hinagiku, and Valaria, imbuing them with the ability to levitate themselves up great distances.

Round 272!

The heroes head to the cliff and prepare to ascend. They can hear the loud sounds of battle coming from just beyond the walls - the clashing of steel, the roars and snarls of demons, shouts and screams.

"AHHHHHH! Oh gods, oh gods, please, someone help! AHHHHHH!" The heroes can hear a man screaming from one of the nearby buildings, even over the racket. Based on the direction, it appears to be coming from the infirmary two buildings down the street.

Gonna pause here to see if anyone wants to investigate. If not,I need Ehren and Isilme to check in and state how they intend to scale the cliff. Once 3 people have checked in and agree with a course of action, we'll move forwards with it.


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 3/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

"I can hang on to Ary on the way up the cliff. It should not pose too much of a problem for her," Isilme says, preferring not to use her beast shape spell to fly now, given she would just be removing it moments later.

When the man calls out, Isilme looks in the direction of the infirmary. While they needed to get to the demonscope immediately, they could hardly abandon someone in need. "We should investigate before heading up the cliff," she whispers to the others.


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val is getting ready to head upward when the sound of screams comes from behind them and she spins around. "Sh*t. Looks like we're not going to get to go up just yet."


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 28/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

"Alright, we should get going," Ehren says once he has imbued everyone with his scale's magic. He did not have any need for it himself, seeing as he could ascend the cliff by gliding through the earth.

The druid follows the others out into the bailey but freezes on the spot when he hears the screaming. Another life that is in their power to save. Urgent as their mission is, they could hardly ignore the man's pleas.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Round 273!

The heroes head up the cobbled road to a small, two story building with a small wooden signpost above the door that reads "Infirmary". Upon opening the door, they find that the entry hall is filled with hanging plants and potted bushes that grow in the sunlight: all various components to healing potions and poultices. They turn the corner to find an examination room with a bloodstained cot. Shelves, workbenches, and large tables around the first floor overflow with medical texts, tools, and bandages. Others hold jars filled with ointments, salves, poultices, and tonics. Hanging from the rafters is the naked body of an elderly woman, bound and masked. Her gruesomely pallid flesh has been bled dry by thousands of leeches, some of which still cling to her.

To the left, the heroes can see an open door which leads to a small spiral staircase. At this point, the man's screams for help have devolved into long, agonizing wails of pain. They echo down the stairs.


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 130/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 3/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 0/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 0/1 | Ki 3/7 | Redirect 4/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 5/9 | Legend. 3/4 |RSC 1/1

Hinagiku had been conflicted about spending some of their precious time investigating the cries coming from the infirmary, after all people were getting killed all over the city. Yet, as she hears the wails, she quietly and slowly climbs up the steps to the second floor while holding one hand down to signal her companions to wait.

stealth(m.hero): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 = 18
perception(m.hero): 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 19 + 4 = 27


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

"We don't have..." Ary begins to argue, as she keeps her eyes set on the tower, before hearing the screams once more. She sighs, "A choice. We have to hurry."

She purses her lips as they begin to enter the infirmary, looking from object to object, eyes darting for the inevitable demon's appearance, but is only rewarded with a dead body... and more screaming.

As Hinagiku begins to ascend to the second story, Ary shakes her head and follows after, but at least respects the Kitsune's desire to go quietly.

Stealth (CC, Grazed): 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 3 = 23
Perception (CC, Grazed): 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 3 = 22


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 95/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Xanderghul follows along as well, heedless of another person's desire to quash his opportunity to see interesting things. He wonders about the amount of time spent nailing the woman to the ceiling and affixing all of the leeches to her. What a labor-intensive torture! Don't these demons have anything better to do?

He creeps along as quietly as he's able, heading towards the screaming.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 28/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

As everyone adopts a more stealthy approach, Ehren remains at the bottom of the stairway for the time being. Considering that he is currently an earth elemental with a beacon of light sitting on its head, this is perhaps for the best.


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val winces as they catch sight of the dead woman. Clearly whoever had come through here took a certain disturbing pleasure in taking it slowly with it's victims. All the more reason to save the latest one before it was too late.

Stealth (Heroism): 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 4 = 23


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Deciding to ascend the stairs slowly and stealthily, the heroes reach the second floor with caution. The stairs continue up into a small tower that projects above the two story structure. The second floor is crammed full of blood-stained cots. Several of them have dead bodies, covered in wounds that indicate that they were tortured to death. Hinagiku creeps up to the wall and peers around the corner, finding that the screaming man tied to a cot and surrounded by six babau. One babau has a surgical saw and is using it to slowly saw the man's right leg off. The blade is nearly halfway through, and the sound and smell of saw grating through bone hits the kitsune head on.

But the heroes were not quiet enough coming up the stairs - as soon as Hinagiku peeks around the corner, she sees the dwarf apparently overseeing the whole awful operation turn to leer at her. He has brilliant, gold false teeth that stand out from his coal-black skin. Large bat-like wings jut out from his half-plate, and a wicked scythe is in his right hand.

"Ah, have you come to join us?" he asks insincerely. "Blood, death, the sweet hymns composed of the screams of the damned! This, this is the holy sacrament of Deskari."

Isilme has a +2 bonus to the below check for being the Spymaster

DC 21 K.Local:

This dwarf is known as Golden Harold the Doomsayer. He is a cleric of Deskari known for disguising himself and heading to seek the downtrodden and hopeless with the intent of recruiting them into the cult of Deskari. He is well known for his skill in battle, and his silver tongue, converting even the most righteous to his cause with but a word.

Domains: Evil, Conversion Inquisition.

Instantly the rooms plunge into murky shadow, blocking out the sunlight streaming through the windows. The dwarf begins to chant and gesticulate wildly, holding up his scythe in the air. A small unholy symbol of Deskari swings from the scythe, held on by a small leather band.

Spellcraft DC 19:

He is casting divine power.

Meanwhile, the babau sawing the man's leg off grins wickedly at Hinagiku, then with a single razor-sharp claw, rakes it across the man's throat. The man stops screaming with a wet gurgle as the wound across his neck opens wide into a gushing stream of blood. He trashes helplessly against his restraints, then stops moving altogether.

The dwarf laughs, his gold teeth no longer sparkling in the murky shadows. "Worry not, for he faces the Gods now. Such a fate is inevitable for us all. To deny it is a futile struggle."

Initiative Counts for Mythic Initiative:

1. Babau #3 (24), Half-Fiend Dwarf (23), Babau #1 (22), Babau #6 (22)
2. Isilme (14)
3. Hinagiku (13)
4. Babau #4 (13)
5. Xanderghul (12)
6. Ehren (10)
7. Valaria (9)
8. Babau #2 (8), Babau #5 (8)
9. Ary Bishop (5)

Perception 1 (sounds of battle, distracted, wall, distance): 1d20 + 19 - 10 - 5 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 19 - 10 - 5 - 3 - 2 = 19
Perception 2 (sounds of battle, distracted, wall, distance): 1d20 + 19 - 10 - 5 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 19 - 10 - 5 - 3 - 2 = 1
Babau #1 CDG vs Screaming Man: 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 + (3, 1) = 11
Screaming Man fort save vs DC 21 (critical): 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 1 = 18

Book keeping: Babau #3 casts darkness. Babau #1 CDG's the screaming man with 11 damage. Babau #6 casts darkness.

Map is up to date on Roll20. Please note that you are able to move your tokens through walls on this minimap, to make it easier to move from one floor to the other.

Round 274!

Isilme and Hinagiku are up!


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 3/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Isilme moves quickly up the stairs behind the others and comes out onto the landing, behind Hinagiku. Seeing the tortured man had been slain, she tries to take some modicum of comfort from the fact the man's suffering had ended, even if they couldn't save him. With all the babaus and the dwarf gathered together tightly, and their mission on a tight timeline, she decides not to hold back.

"Hold still, Hinagiku," she says as she begins to weave magic, trying to keep the monk from rushing out and being caught in her spell. As she finishes the incantation, a ripple of energy washes across the room's occupants, warping their perceptions and clouding their thoughts.

Mv Act: Head up stairs; Std Act: Cast confusion, DC 18 Will save or be confused for 8 rounds.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Before Hinagiku can even react to the scene in front of her, Isilme appears from up the stairs and weaves a spell to befuddle half of the babaus there.

Babau #1 will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Babau #2 will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Babau #4 will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Babau #5 will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Babau #6 will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Dwarf will save (hardy): 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 = 25

Book keeping: Isilme successfully confuses babau #1, Babau #4, and Babau #6.

Hinagiku is up!


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 130/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 3/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 0/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 0/1 | Ki 3/7 | Redirect 4/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 5/9 | Legend. 3/4 |RSC 1/1

Hinagiku’s ears flatten ever so slightly and her tail tenses when the babau kills the poor man in his cot. Taking a deep breath, the monk blinks twice, both to center herself and better see in the dark. And, in the depth of her mind she sees the faint threads of her mother suffusing the worlds, gently and with grace she begins gathering then, just like she had attempted during her training. And, unlike with the son of perdition, her motion are more reminiscent of waves which she guides toward herself. Slowly, the ground seems to ripple as an invisible force pulls the follower of Deskari toward her. She knew Isilme’s magic, and hoped that in their confusions.

reposition(m.hero): 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 4 = 16

5’ step, draw threads of ब्राह्मण, reposition cleric.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Feeling the ground seemingly warp around him, the dwarf stands firm, too strong for Hinagiku to pull him forth. Meanwhile, one of the babaus in the room begins to savagely stab itself with its own spear.

Babau #4 vs confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 50
damage to self: 1d8 + 5 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 10 = 3

Book keeping: babau #4 deals 3 damage to itself.

Xanderghul, Ehren, and Valaria are up!


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

K(Local): 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 3 = 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 3 = 25

"He's calling to Deskari for aid in combat, if he succeeds in his spell, he'll be both faster and more fortunate in combat." Ary calls to her allies as she prepares to intercept the babau... or at least jockey for a position to better combat them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 95/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Rolls:
K. Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27

SP Babau #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
SP Babau #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
SP Babau #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
SP Babau #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
SP Babau #3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
SP Babau #3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
SP Babau #4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
SP Babau #4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
SP Babau #5: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
SP Babau #5: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
SP Babau #6: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
SP Babau #6: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Dwarf: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Dwarf: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Fire Damage: 9d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 5) = 24

Xanderghul rushes to the top of the stairs, finding a place in between Isilme and Hinagiku, where he can see into the room. He recognizes the dwarf himself, as well as the spell that's being used - Xanderghul remembers a time that Harold came to seek him out, viewing him as a good potential recruit, Abyss-born as he was. A quick battle forced Xanderghul to escape using illusions, but by the time authorities were found, the dwarven cleric had escaped. It would be good to finally kill this one.

Once there, he speaks words that symbolize pure energy transference, and cups his hand. In his hand, a small red bead forms. He extends his hand forward and points at the group of demons. As soon as his finger extends, the bead zips to the feet of one of the demons and explodes, creating a conflagration of flame that fills the whole room. The flame washes over most of the demons, although the magical resistance of one manages to keep the magical fire at bay.

Move up the stairs and cast fireball, centered on babau #2's square.. Each creature must make a DC 18 Reflex save or suffer 24 fire damage.


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 114/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val grits her teeth as the dwarf goes on his rather demented ramblings before he starts invoking Deskari's power. "The Golden Harold huh? Hey Isilme. You might be able to cross this guy off your list of people to look out for when we're done here." She tries to reposition herself to get a better look into the room, though it's difficult with the tight corridors of the infirmary. "Silencing the devil's tongue is an endeavor only the most resilient of heroes can achieve without it's foul machinations worming their way into their minds."

Knowledge Local (Heroism): 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 4 = 33

Moving and starting performance.


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 28/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

When the screams abruptly stop - shortly followed a roaring explosion - Ehren hurries upstairs. Once his plodding, heavy steps have taken him to the second floor, he looks around and immediately recognizes the presence of unnatural darkness. Left with little choice in the cramped hallway, the druid slips past the others, bringing his daylit crown to the front of the battle.

Ehren double moves into battle.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Xanderghul's spell sets off with an explosive bang that can be heard from well far away from the building. The fire washes over the demons, who are too quick to be caught up in the center of it, and besides, random fires were common in the Abyss so they barely even scorch the demon's skin. However, the cots, curtains, and furniture do not fare as well. The building is a simple, wooden construction, and so it readily catches on fire, though due to the magical darkness it glows dimly, as if seen through many layers of fog or a tinted window. Several of the demons are caught directly in the flames, but are completely unperturbed by them.

One babau vanishes and reappears on the cot in the room behind Isilme. Another simply charges forth recklessly at Hinagiku. She ducks behind the doorframe, and the blade of its spear smashes into it, narrowly deflecting its blow.

Babau #1 reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Babau #2 reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Babau #3 reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Babau #4 reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Babau #5 reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Babau #6 reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Golden Harold reflex (hardy): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26 lol
Babau #5 vs Hinagiku: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Book keeping: Xanderghul's fireball deals 14 damage to babau #5, and 2 damage to the other babaus, and 12 damage to Golden Harold. Fireball causes several fires to grow due to the building being composed of flammable material (wood). Valaria begins her performance.

Hinagiku must make a DC 18 reflex save or be hit by Xanderghul's fireball (24 if failed, 0 if successful)

Ary is up!


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

As the Krakoom occurs, Ary winces slightly, but shakes her head and starts to move forward, pausing only momentarily to frown. Of course the building was on fire. A small gust of resigned air makes its way out of her nose as she decides on her courses of action.

Ary, recognizing that she had far too little information to work with, moves beside Daisy to see what she can see within the room... several adjoining rooms, and several unknowns. Unwilling to risk the possibility of discovering a deadly foe the hard way, Ary slips past the Kitsune, guarding her from nearby foes, ready to ward against attacks. That left Ehren too far north and out of reach, Harold further to the northwest and likely to continue casting if no one got too close, and several Babau more than willing to injure themselves. Ideally, they would bring the Babau down and prevent their teleportation before taking out the leader and breaking their morale. Loose demons and all that. But that would leave a powerful foe to grow more powerful. Too many possibilities, and no one could be everywhere at once... at least not for long. Given that there continued to be so many foes, particularly Babau, she at least had one thing she could do immediately. She presses her free hand flat against the Kitsune's shoulder, ready to tug her to the side and intones "The way unburdened." It was a shame that she suddenly had to worry about both fire and acid, though.

Ary will use Intruder's End in the event Harold casts a spell or moves more than 10 feet. She moves, and casts Resist Energy (Acid) on Hinagiku (Caster Level 5 (due to grazed), so 50 minutes, 10 Resistance).

19,451 to 19,500 of 19,869 << first < prev | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kiora's Wrath of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.