GM Kiora's Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Kiora Atua

Chosen heroes have arrived in Kenabres at the dawn of the Fifth Crusade. Will they be the ones to end a century long war?

Battlemap


19,251 to 19,300 of 19,895 << first < prev | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 96/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val hears Ary's cry and charges forward, keeping her mouth covered as she dashes forward, straight past the demon's defenses and positioning herself behind one so it's now the one trapped in the middle of enemies. "I've got it!" She whips her dagger back around and slams it into the balban's spine.

Acrobatics (Heroism): 1d20 + 22 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 4 = 46
Attack (Flanking, Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 39
Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 18

Move with acrobatics, attack balban 2, continue performance.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Lann, Ehren, and Isilme are up!


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 2/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Isilme turns to head towards the Balban that had appeared behind them, attempting to tumble into position. The noxious yellow fog, however, makes it difficult to see the floor and her foot gets snagged on a stone sticking out of the uneven floor, causing her to stumble forward. Nevertheless, she manages to regain her balance and move to attack the same demon as Val, slashing at the its midsection.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 36
Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 15


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Lann and Ehren are up!


Male Underfolk Expert 1/Fighter (Skirmisher) 5 | HP 59/99 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +8 | CMD 23 | Init +1 | Perception +13 | Stamina 6/9

Lann is startled when the two hulking demons suddenly appear right nearby, but quickly regains his composure. Standing his ground, he aims high and looses two powerful slashes, knowing that he will have to give it his all if he wants to have any hope of piercing the balban's thick hide. He then raises his shield high and adjusts his footing, hoping to stay out of at least one of the demons' reach.

First Longsword Attack (Inspired, Power Attack, Stamina): 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 - 2 + 3 = 23
Damage (Inspired, Power Attack): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 17
Second Longsword Attack (Inspired, Power Attack): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 25
Damage (Inspired, Power Attack): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 21
Lann full-attacks, spending 3 stamina points on his first attack for a +3 competence bonus. He then takes a five-foot step.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Lann's slashes leave a long, thin wound across the balban's girthy belly, before he steps back to give the monster some space.

The crusader captain coughs and gags inside of the stinking cloud. "Stay back near the door!" she calls out. "They 'ported to our flank!" she says, then moves back to be with her men.

As she falls back, Ary surges forward. Emerging from the fog at Hinagiku's side, she slams Faith into the demon's chest. It screams out in rage, clutching at his breast as thick, violet blood pours down his gut.

Book keeping: Lann deals 11 damage to Balban #1 after DR. Crusader Captain withdraws. Ary deals 19 damage to the balban #1, wounding it.

Ehren is up!


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 46/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

While the noxious cloud was unlikely to linger for much longer with the dretches gone, it was still something of a hindrance, even if no one was currently choking on it. Backed against the cavern wall, Ehren takes a deep breath of thankfully clean air before exhaling, unleashing a continuous blast of wind right into the fog.

Ehren casts gust of wind on the stinking cloud.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Ehren's blast of air isn't actually strong enough to disperse the cloud instantaneously, but all is well, as the cloud simply vanishes moments later. Who would be able to tell the difference?

In any case, the second balban blinks stupidly at the wizard's flashy spell, before forgetting all about him when Valaria comes flying out of the fog at him. With a well-practiced spring, she thrusts her starknife past the demon's feeble attempt at protection. Isilme comes stumbling out of the fog a moment later, but she regains her balance and strikes at the creature's exposed back.

Meanwhile, the bloodied balban roars and charges forwards, the 12 foot tall giant seemingly intent on simply squashing the warriors in front of him under his enormous hooves.

Balban #2 Will Saves (shaken): 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 17
Balban #2 Will Saves (shaken): 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 23
trample: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (5, 6) + 15 = 26

Book keeping: Valaria deals 9 damage to balban #2 after DR. Isilme deals 5 damage to balban #2 after DR. Balban #1 tramples Lann, Ary, and Hinagiku for 26 damage.

Lann, Ary, and Hinagiku must choose one: accept full trample damage and get to AoO Balban #2, or attempt a DC 24 reflex save to halve the trample damage, but forgo their AoO.

Hinagiku is up!


Male Underfolk Expert 1/Fighter (Skirmisher) 5 | HP 59/99 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +8 | CMD 23 | Init +1 | Perception +13 | Stamina 6/9

Lann braces his shield arm in anticipation of the balban's attack, but does not quite anticipate that the thing intends to walk right over him. Or through him, to be more precise. The skirmisher makes a snap decision, having been in enough hairy situations over the past year to realize that his chances of getting out of the demon's way are rather slim. He instead stands his ground and swings his sword - but far too slowly. Before his blade can so much as make contact, the balban's hoove lands on him, nearly reducing him to a doormat in the process.

Attack of Opportunity (Inspired, Power Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 15


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

The balban charges past Lann, knocking him heavily into the cavern wall. He groans and gets back up, a trickle of blood pouring down from a fresh wound on the side of his head.

Book keeping: Lann takes 26 damage and is grazed.

Hinagiku is up!


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Faith Bull Rush AoO (Demon, Caped Crusader, Inspired, Legendary Surge): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 4 + 4 + 2 + (3) = 42
Faith Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 19

Ary doesn't even seem to register that the creature's movements are going to take it straight through the lot of them, simply that his movement is utterly reckless. It's only after she digs Faith into his body in an attempt to slam him away from her allies that he begins to overwhelm her... then Radiance's glow brightens as she catches her footing once more, and sets her shoulder - maybe she'd be able to drive him back.


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 130/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 3/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 0/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 0/1 | Ki 3/7 | Redirect 4/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 5/9 | Legend. 3/4 |RSC 1/1

”Careful...” Hinagiku begins has her allies strike at the Balban.
She, with an almost perfect sidestep which appears uncannily gracious, avoids the brunt of the creature’s assault. And, as it is passing by her and stepping on her foot, she focuses through the pain, and latches herself onto it’s leg, twisting its foot until it crashes to the ground. And, before standing back up, she quickly jabs it’s hip a few times.

Reflex(m.hero)s: 1d20 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 4 = 23 Save for no damage thanks to evasion?
trip#1(inspired,m.hero,evil,smite): 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 48
attack#1(inspired,m.hero,evil,smite): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 34
dg#1(inspired,m.hero,evil,smite): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 2 + (3, 2) + 2 = 29
attack#1(inspired,m.hero,evil,smite): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 25
dg#1(inspired,m.hero,evil,smite): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 2 + (3, 1) + 2 = 28

So, I am guessing that this didn’t count as an attack for the purpose of my redirecion? 5, step. Flurry of blow.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Trample is not an attack, it is automatic damage for moving through a smaller creature's square. (it resolves similarly to an overrun, but cannot fail)

Retcon:

As the balban charges into Hinagiku, the nimble monk simply dodges out of the way. Ary springs into action, slamming the demon heavily into the cavern wall, and knocking it off of its feet. The enormous demon slowly pushes himself off of the ground and back onto its feet, though its movements are slow, creating ample opening for the heroes...

Meanwhile, the other balban simply charges over Isilme, Ary, Hinagiku, and Lann, hoping to trample them all beneath his enormous hooves into a bloody pulp.

Trample Damage: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 8) + 15 = 24

Audit: +10 damage to balban #2 from Valaria.

Book keeping: Ary deals 19 damage to balban #1 and knocks him prone. He gets back up, then Hinagiku knocks him prone again and deals 57 damage to him, leaving him in critical condition.

Lann, Hinagiku, and Ary are entitled to an AoO vs Balban #1 as he stands back up.

Isilme, Ary, and Hinagiku must choose one: accept full trample damage and get to AoO Balban #2, or attempt a DC 24 reflex save to halve the trample damage, but forgo their AoO.

Lann does not have combat reflexes and already used his AoO, should he just attempt a DC 24 reflex save.

Lann, Ary, Ehren, Xanderghul, Valaria and Isilme are up!


Male Underfolk Expert 1/Fighter (Skirmisher) 5 | HP 59/99 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +8 | CMD 23 | Init +1 | Perception +13 | Stamina 6/9

Reflex Save (Grazed, Light Infantry Training): 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 20

Lann has just barely regained his footing by the time the other balban comes charging through. This time he has the presence of mind to at least attempt to dodge, but the beast's rampage is simply too unpredictable for him to avoid. Once again he is slammed into the cavern wall, eliciting a shout of pain.

Caught in a rather precarious spot, Lann quickly staggers to his feet and assails the demons with evident desperation.

Lann full attacks Balban #1, but if it is killed by an AoO beforehand, he will attack #2 instead.

First Longsword Attack (Inspired, Power Attack, Wounded): 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 15
Damage (Inspired, Power Attack): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 15
Second Longsword Attack (Inspired, Power Attack, Wounded): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 15
Damage (Inspired, Power Attack): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 15


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 96/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val shifts her position forward, as the balbans rampage around, their bodies as much weapons as anything that they're fighting against them with. "Get the hell out of the way!" Val roars as the demon charges. She hurls her knife through the air twice, trying to bury it in the stronger of the two demon's back.

Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 39
Second Attack (Inspired, Heroism): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 + 4 = 29
Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 17
Second Damage (Inspired, Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 16

Continue performance, 5ft step, full attack


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 46/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

Ehren grits his teeth at the sight of his friend's misfortune.

"Hold on, Lann!" he calls out, already in the process of forming an orb of elemental ice in his hand. The spell is a weak one, and his companions would likely be able to take the balban down in fairly short order, but ensuring that happens just a little bit faster would not hurt. Taking a few steps forward, Ehren hurls the snowball right past Hinagiku and Ary's heads, hopefully right into the demon's.

Ehren casts snowball on Balban #2.
Ranged Touch Attack (Inspired, Into Melee): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 20
CL vs. SR: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Cold Damage (Inspired): 5d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5, 4, 1, 1) + 2 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 130/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 3/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 0/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 0/1 | Ki 3/7 | Redirect 4/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 5/9 | Legend. 3/4 |RSC 1/1

About to strike the balban's snout, Hinagiku hears the footsteps of the second oni. With an impressive backflip, she jumps above the trampling creature. In mid air, as she slows down and momentarily appears to float in the air, she deftly pulls up her left leg and strike at the first balban's face.

Reflex(m.hero)s: 1d20 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 4 = 36
AoO#1(inspired,m.hero,evil,smite): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 41
dg#1(inspired,m.hero,evil,smite): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 2 + (5, 5) + 2 = 34


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 2/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Isilme lunges out of the way as the Balban charges across the room, managing to avoid the worst of its reckless charge.

Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Moving quickly over to the side of the one Ary had managed to topple, she places herself opposite Lann, hoping to help finish it and provide him a place to fall back to after the wounds he'd suffered from the charge.

Attack(Inspire, Arcane Pool, Flanking): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 21
Damage(Inspire, Arcane Pool): 1d4 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 15


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

AoO for standing, AoO for Trample, Full Attack, Swift action to activate Silver Crane's Blessing, healing Lann.

Faith AoO v. Balban #1 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 29
Faith Damage v. Balban #1 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader): 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 20

Faith AoO v. Balban #2 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 37
Faith Damage v. Balban #2 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader): 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 20

Radiance Attack #1 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader, DW): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 47
Radiance Confirm? (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader, DW): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 32
Radiance Attack #2 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader, DW): 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 34
Faith Attack #1 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader, DW): 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 43

Radiance Damage #1 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader) #2: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 22
Radiance Damage #2 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader) #2: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 22
Faith Damage #1 (Demon, Inspired, Caped Crusader) #2: 1d4 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 16
Silver Crane's Blessing heal v. Lann: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 2 = 10

Ary slams Faith into the Balban as it begins to rise once more, shifting her weight, now aware of how the other was likely going to maneuver. Daisy would avoid the hit, but she wasn't certain of Isilme's capabilities, so she sets her shoulder once more and does her best to take the charge on Isilme's behalf, then immediately launches into her own attack on the Balban, Radiance glowing softly as it arcs towards its exposed flank, followed by another shield slam and a broad, less accurate swipe of Radiance than the first.

"Stay calm, Lann. These guys are almost down." Ary says as golden motes flutter from Faith to the Crusader, lessening his wounds.


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 99/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

Moving out of the way of the way that the balban might move, Xanderghul hurls a bolt of shadow at the less-wounded one in an attempt to slow it down just enough that his allies might be able to kill it faster or more easily. The tar-like blob of shadow flits across the room and splashes across the balban's back, dripping down across its limbs, restricting its movement.

Binding Darkness (Inspired): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26

Spell Pen: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Eldritch Breach: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

As the wounded demon attempts to struggle to its feet, Ary shifts her weight as she swings, feeling the concussive force of her attack flatten the demon's form. The creature crumples under her strike. But even as it does, the other balban comes barreling past, nearly squishing Ary and Lann underfoot as it passes. Using the strength in her whole body Ary leaps forward with one effective blow, ignoring the pain as its weight comes crashing down on her.

Trapped in a tight space between the balban and the cavern wall, Lann swipes at the demon only for his skill-less strike to yield nothing but ichor and a rapidly healing wound. His second strike hits a boulder instead, the reverberations from the blow radiating up his arm.

Round 239!

Lann can only nod with gratitude as he feels the pain from his many bruises and scrapes lessen after Ary's words of encouragement. He watches, feeling a bit out of league as the Lord-Commander blocks the demon's next wild swing, then seizes the chance for a quick riposte with Radiance right into the demon's neck. Thick, violet blood sprays out from the wound. As the giant turns to face her, Ehren intentionally lobs his snowball into an arc, allowing the demon's momentum to cause most of the damage during collision... it is just as well, because the icy cold certainly does not do much to demon-hide. Xanderghul's ball of shadows similarly melt off of the demon's body, leaving it unharmed.

Next, Valaria's starknives whistle through the air, as the bard skillfully weaves them past the chaotic melee between herself and the towering demon. Her starknife gouges straight through the demon's gut and out its back, ripping a gory mess through the demon. It topples down, dead, just as her blade reappears in her hand, still stained violet with its blood.

Book keeping: Ary kills Balban #1 with an AoO for 20 damage. Isilme takes 12 damage from trample, Ary takes 24 damage and so does Lann. Ary deals 20 damage on an AoO vs Balban #2. Ary deals 60 damage to Balban #2 with a FRA and inflicts 1d8 bleed with a critical. She heals Lann for 10 HP. Ehren deals 6 damage to Balban #2 after ER. Valaria deals 33 damage to Balban #2, killing it.

Combat ends!

The crusader captain inhales. She hadn't even noticed she was holding her breath the entire time. "Amazing... they will surely need your skills at the keep above. " She turns to her men. "Step aside! Let them pass!"

Once 3 check in and say they want to move on, we will.


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 2/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Isilme looks relieved as the fight ends. She wasn't entirely interested in getting run over by a demon again, after all.

"We should make haste into the spire," Isilme says, stating the obvious. "You should take your men and retreat further into the tunnel," she says to the captain as she channels energy to staunch any bleeding.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 46/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

As the last of the demons succumbs to Valaria's blade, Ehren hurries to Lann's side and assesses his current condition. In spite of the brutal attacks he had to endure, his wounds are not serious, thanks in part to Ary. Still, things could have gone much worse for him.

"Are you okay?" Ehren asks with a faint smile, placing a hand on his shoulder. At times like these, he misses his lost ability to spontaneously provide healing magic. He goes quiet for a moment, considering his next words carefully. Having fought alongside Lann on several missions, and even against him during the occasional friendly spar, he knew him to be a capable warrior. But for that same reason, they were both perfectly aware of his limitations.

"Perhaps you should accompany the captain," the druid says, looking Lann in the eye. "Her men are not in very good shape. I am sure she could use your assistance."

Before departing, Ehren will use one of his pearls of power to recall heightened awareness, and then immediately recast it.


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

Ary will spend a full round action to recover Intruder's End and Silver Crane's Blessing. During that round, Ary can move up to her full movespeed in order to make attacks of opportunity. If we use longer than a single round, I'll also recover Kill the Wounded and move towards the stairs.

Ary takes a moment while her allies are recentering and preparing to move forward to do the same. "Whenever we're ready, Xander." Ary says, nodding towards the pit between them and the way forward. "Make any last minute preparations you can. We're likely to not stop from here on." Ary says, turning to the captain slightly, "Keep them safe, Lann, and... your name, soldier?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Valaria, Hinagiku and Xanderghul will have until tonight to declare any preparations they would like to additionally make.

Round 244

Book keeping: Isilme heals everyone for 1 HP, Ary recovers her 2 maneuvers, Ehren recasts heightened awareness

Lann gives Ehren a crooked smile. His one elfen ear has turned pink with embarrassment. "Likewise, I am not in very good shape. Clearly, I need to still train to better prepare myself for such demons." He stands up straight and salutes Ary. "Yes, Chevalier."

The crusader captain salutes after Lann. "Captain Guna Parker," she replies. "Inheritor speed your way."

As the heroes leave through the opening, they can see Captain Parker bend over her fallen men and respectfully remove their crusader's crosses. She pauses to examine the engraving on each one, sorrow etched in her face as she does.

The opening leads to a ladder, which connects to a small chamber made of worked stone.

K Local or Geography DC 15:

The chapel within Clydwell Keep is known as Martyr's Rest. It is a humble chapel used for minor services (largescale worship services are naturally offered within the Spire itself). Its primary function is to serve as a place to honor and bury the remains of their dead.

The secret door that Captain Parker and her men had discovered remains wide open. It appears to have been disguised as a wood-and-stone panel bearing the sword cross of Iomedae in relief. Beyond the door is a labyrinthe mausoleum consisting of a series of chambers and passages chiseled from the surrounding bedrock. Ashes of fallen knights and priests are laid to rest behind small plugs of marble and weathered copper in the walls that bear their names and titles. Crusaders tend to burn their dead, both to save on space and to protect their remains from the foul machinations of cultist necromancers.

This mauseoleum is rather beautiful and appears to serve as a final resting place for formally knighted crusaders and other high-ranking members of the church. Unlike the Bishop family crypt, this mausoleum has been well kept, and the torches that line the walls are still lit. However, evidence of a recent battle is evident in the scorched walls and ichor-stained floors.

Marble and copper statues mark the larger chambers, each depicting a famous crusader champion. Looking upon the statue that graces the room connected to the secret passage, the heroes can see that the metalwork as weathered, creating tear-like streaks of bluish green that stains the surrounding stone. This statue depicts what appears to be an angel in plate mail, wielding a large maul, standing silent vigil in the center of the room. The heroes immediately recognize him as matching the statues within the Temple of the Empyreal Guardians. This depicts Saint Clydwell. A bluish copper plaque sits at the statue's base, engraved in Celestial.

Celestial:

It reads: Hallowed Saint Clydwell, the Patron Saint of Vigilance

Ary has a +4 circumstantial bonus to the below check for being Iomedaen

DC 25 K.Religion, St.Clydwell:

Saint Clydwell is a famous knight of the First Crusade, whose name and likeness adorns many buildings throughout Mendev. He is known as the patron saint of Vigilance, and is known for many heroic acts performed in the name of defending the young crusader cities of Nerosyan and Kenabres while they were still in their infancy. One of his most famous acts was the defeat of the balor Goriath as he descended upon Nerosyan with a host of flighted demons.

Note that his connection to the Empyreal Guardians was listed in knowledge checks in this post as that information is a bit more obscure - this check relates to Saint Clydwell as he stood in relation to the Iomedaen church!

Iomedaen Sainthood Lore - Ary, or DC 25 K.Religion:

I think I have given this knowledge check before, but I forgot if it was just for Ary or if it was for everyone :) So, just a lore refresher.

Rarely, when a hero of the Iomedaen church dies after a lifetime of valor and service to the Inheritor, Iomedae will personally pull that person's soul into heaven immediately upon death and transform them into celestials. These people are known as the Iomedaen Saints.

After sanctification, the newly risen Saint will often appear before their former comrades in their new form, or perform some other sort of miracle to prove their new position in Heaven. Saints have all invariably pledged their eternal souls to service to Iomedae, and serve in her glorious army to fight evil. Iomedae will also sometimes send Saints to particularly powerful and devoted clerics who call out to her for a planar ally.

To those unfamiliar to the Iomedaen church it can often appear that Iomedaens worship Saints alongside the Lady of Valor, often building cathedrals or shrines devoted to them, or composing hymns and prayers in their names. This is not true. It is unknown if any of the Saints are capable of creating clerics, as there are no known cultists of the Saints. Rather, Iomedaens are encouraged to examine the lives of the Saints as further examples of how any mortal can rise to the occasion and perform great acts of Good and Valor, thereby viewing them as role models.

Please decide how you want to proceed. Are you sending out a scout?

If you do not send out scout(s), then are you moving stealthily or normally? Are you proceeding as a group, or divided into a front-line and rear-guard?

Will move forwards once I see some sort of majority vote.


Perception +19 | Init: +5 | HP 130/156 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 24 (+1/adj foe), Touch 23, Flat-footed 20 | CMD 29 (31vs trip,repo,grapple) | Fort +14, Ref +16 Will +16,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Favor 3/7 | S.Ins: 4/4 | Channel 0/3, DC 14 will | LoH 2/5 | Smite 0/1 | Ki 3/7 | Redirect 4/5, DC 17 rflx | Mythic 5/9 | Legend. 3/4 |RSC 1/1

The sight of Saint-Clydwell's statue jogs Hinagiku's memory. She only now remembered discussing the saint with a fellow crusader on Drezen's front. She had had a miniature version of the same statue in her belongings.

Staring past the likeness of Clydwell, Hinaku observes the daedalic corridors behind the door.

"It is always wiser to know what is ahead of us, but wasting time now seems unwise... can we both scout and move quickly? Ehren-kun, Mr. Xanderghul, could your magic help us here?" she then asks, without taking her eyes off the passages.

k.religon(m.hero): 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 4 = 25
k.religon(m.hero): 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 4 = 31


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 2/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Bardic Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Bardic Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

As she walks into the catacombs, Isilme looks around in fascination. She had never been down into the burial places within Nerosyan, so even though the situation was dire, she still took a moment to appreciate the sight.

Turning around, she inspects the artwork and adjoining statue that had hidden the secret passage. "Saint Clydwell," she says, "fitting given where we are headed."

"I believe we should stick together and try to make it as far as we can undetected," Isilme suggests to the group.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Isilme votes: move as a group, move stealthily. Anyone else agree or disagree?


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 96/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val nods as the rest of the group makes their preparations. She checks to make sure she still has a charge left on the dragon scale she's carried for so long, but saves it for the moment. "Agreed. Stealth has always worked well before. And I always prefer to get things done discreetly."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

So, that makes 2 for moving together stealthily. Anyone else?


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 99/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

"To the contrary, we're in a rush..." states Xanderghul with a raised finger. "We're here to defeat the demonic attackers before the knights defending the Demonscope are overwhelmed. If we move too slowly, we will fail. I think we are more than capable of slaying any demons in our way."

As he speaks, Xanderghul bobs up and down, like a dancer stretching their ankles, except he is floating. "I have clairvoyance prepared today, and I also have whispering wind in case we need to see into a room without actually going there or to communicate with anybody in the city."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Alright, so we have 2 for moving stealthily and 1 for moving quickly. Other thoughts? Ehren? Ary?


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

"I'm with Xanderghul. We have no way of knowing how much time we have, and every moment we delay, we likely face more opposition, making delays untenable..." Ary says, trailing off for a moment, "I vote we hurry forward. I do not want another instance of buildings collapsing around us, or abyssal rifts being nearly completely open by the time we reach our goal."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Gonna need Ehren or Hinagiku's opinion to break the tie :)


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 46/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

The druid shakes his head, not knowing of any spell granted to him by the Green that could accomplish what Hinagiku wished for. "No, I have already done all I can to speed our travel."

"Haste makes waste, but so does demon armies," Ehren remarks humorlessly, looking to Ary and Xanderghul. While he doubted that the consequences of failure would be as bad as the one-way trip to the Abyss promised to them during the Siege of Drezen, they would be no less catastrophic. "This time, I am afraid we will need to throw caution to the wind."

Ehren votes for GUNS BLAZIN'.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Alright, moving forwards without stealth

Round 246

Deciding to move forwards as a group, the heroes move through the only exit to this room. The hallway connects to another larger chamber, again, with a statue in the center of the room. The head of the angelic marble centerpiece watching over this room has been dashed into rubble. The statue’s plaque is also engraved in Celestial.

Celestial:

The plaque reads ”Hallowed Saint Guenarog - Patron Saint of Valor”

Ary has a +4 circumstantial bonus to the below check for being Iomedaen

DC 25 K.Religion:

You can tell the statue is of Saint Guenarog, the Patron Saint of Valor. Saint Guenarog died when he gave his life to protect the retreat of the clerics and their sick and injured wards housed inside an infirmary during the fall of a Crusader fortification during the Second Crusade. He and five others of his men were captured by a band of cultists and tortured for information One witness recorded that he was roasted to death by demons on a gridiron, but did not scream once, instead remarking to his torturers at one point, “I am cooked on that side; turn me over, and eat.”

Shortly after his death the witness reports that there was a flash of searing light, and Saint Guenarog reappeared in the form of a golden winged angel. Before returning to Heaven, he slew his torturers, which allowed for the escape of his men.

Several of the copper plugs in the walls have been torn loose, spilling human ash onto the ground. Demonic tracks are plainly visible in the ashes on the stone floor.

DC 16 K.Planes (Demons) or DC 24 Survival (trained) + 1 Full Round Action:

They are babau prints. At least a half dozen of the awful demons were here.

Beyond the chamber, the hallway splits into two passages: left and right.

Someone will need to choose a direction to move before we can go forwards.


Shabti Wizard 9 / Warpriest of Xanderghul / Archmage 3 | hp 99/102 (healthy), AC 17, touch 13, ff 15, CMD 17 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +4, Perc +10, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 0/9)

K.Geo: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
K. Religion (St. Clydwell): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
K. Religion (Sainthood): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
K. Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
K. Planes: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
1-50 = left: 1d100 ⇒ 96

Xander follows along with the others, but steps to the fore when they find the tracks in the human ashes. Not the first time he's seen such a sight. He kneels to the ground and wipes his fingers in it, examining the tracks more carefully. "Six babaus," he says. "Easy prey for us, but we should still be careful."

He does a quick game of eenie-meenie-minie-moe in his head before choosing the right passageway. "Right," he says, "Chosen purely at random. Unless someone has a better idea?"


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 46/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

Survival: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 To determine what direction the tracks are going in?

Once Xanderghul has called attention to them, Ehren gives the footprints his own cursory inspection, attempting to discern what direction the babaus likely headed in. Assuming they were not a part of the group that attacked Captain Parker and her men, anyway.

Otherwise, there was little reason not to go with the wizard's suggestion.


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 2/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Isilme stops and listens down the passages, hoping to hear something that suggests which path might be the best. As she does, she quietly invokes Desna: "Guide my steps, my lady Starsong"

Perception(Inspired, Guidance, Mythic Perception Unlock): 1d20 + 26 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 26 + 2 + 3 = 34
Perception(Inspired, Guidance, Mythic Perception Unlock): 1d20 + 26 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 26 + 2 + 3 = 38

Casting guidance as a swift action using Spontaneous Insight, spending a favor to boost the bonus by +1 and making a perception check using Inspired

Perception(Guidance, Mythic Perception Unlock): 1d20 + 26 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 26 + 1 + 3 = 41
Second round if first fails


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

K(Local) (CC): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 4 = 21
K(Religion)(CC): 1d20 + 13 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 4 + 4 = 32
K(Religion)(CC): 1d20 + 13 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 4 + 4 = 22
Survival (Tracking, Demons, CC, Mythic?, Normal Speed): 1d20 + 13 + 10 + 4 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 10 + 4 + 2 - 3 = 35

Ary looks about the cathedral for a moment, focusing on the tracks. "These should lead where they went.. so the question is, do we follow the murder demons, or do we break off and go in a different one?" Ary says as she moves to the corner, looking to see which way they'd gone while the others used their own tools to try to determine the way forward.


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Round 247

Ehren:

You look at the tracks, but they're very confusing. Thanks to the fact that babaus can teleport they tend to start some place, move in a direction, then stop abruptly, only to reappear elsewhere.

DC 27 Survival (trained only, demons):

Further away from the mess, the prints become less easy to spot.

Straining your eyes to discern the grey ash against the grey floor (and to differentiate it from just common dust), you notice some particles leading right, the way Xanderghul arbitrarily chose.

Isilme:

You have to usher the others to stop moving so that you can hear, but after closing your eyes and focusing solely on your hearing, you can hear a faint tap, tap, tap coming from the right hand passage.


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 2/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Isilme focuses inward, tuning out all the sounds near her and tries to focus her attention down each path. After a few moments she points towards the right. "It appears luck was on your side," she says, winking at Xanderghul. "I can hear something faint down that path. I believe it to be our best chance."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Does anyone else agree with Isilme/Xanderghul?


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 9/Hierophant 3 | HP 46/120 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14 | CMD 20 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +3 | Perception +17 | MP 2/9 | LP 1/2 | Place Magic 5/9 | Wild Shape 3/4

Ehren carefully brushes some ashes off the hem of his robe before nodding. "Then we should get going." To Ary, he adds, "If it is the Demonscope they are after, then following the demons should be a safe bet."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

The right passage leads down a long and winding hallway that pauses in an even larger chamber than the previous two, before continuing onwards in the same direction. On the left-hand side of the chamber, the wall has been smashed into rubble, spilling into another corridor that continues on to the left. Another corridor branches out from this large chamber exiting to the right.

In the center is another angelic statue, but rather than that of a noble knight, it depicts a young pre-teen girl dressed in a habit, holding a woven basket filled with lillies. At her feet is another bronze plaque. The statue has been defaced with blood and excrement by a large pack of babaus, nine in total, dancing around it. The floor is littered with the corpses of what appear to be the rest of Captain Parker’s troop, and they are using the bodies’ viscera and organs to deface the once beautiful sculptures within this room.

Celestial (bronze plaque):

It reads: ”Hallowed Saint Arymyril, Patron Saint of Sacrifice”

Ary has a +4 circumstantial bonus to the below check for being Iomedaen.

DC 25 K.Religion:

The statue depicts Saint Arymyril, the Patron Saint of Sacrifice. Saint Arymyril was a novice nun stationed in a small crusader outpost in central Sarkoris, along the Sarkora river.

She lived an unremarkable life, untalented at skills with the sword, shield, horse, nor spell. However, she never let that daunt her spirits. She once said, ”Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden to me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love.”

No deed was too humble for young Saint Arymyril, whether it was washing the feet of weary soldiers, yard work or minor repairs, or ceaseless cleaning. In time, the whole village came to love Saint Arymyril, calling her the Little Flower, thanks to her habit of gifting flowers to lift others spirits.

Tragedy struck her base when a strange, Abyssal disease washed over the town, taking the lives of soldiers and villagers alike. With only a handful of skilled clerics stationed there, and the nearest major crusader fortifications stationed almost a hundred miles away, healing magic had to be carefully rationed. And so, when Saint Arymyril herself got sick, day after day she declined the offer of magical healing. She pushed herself through her sickness, continuing her work without complaint until she finally passed away from the illness.

The day after she died, the riverbank blossomed with a riot of spring flowers, despite it being the dead of winter. All those who drank from the river’s waters were miraculously cured of disease. Today, Saint Arymyril is known as the Patron Saint of Sacrifice, and is remembered as an example that even the common folk can aspire to live Iomedae’s teachings, as goodness, valor and sacrifice do not always come from the great and mighty.

Additionally, there are three other statues in the room, one in each corner, depicting a different knight. They have been similarly defaced, and thick iron spikes have been hammered into their eyes, creating a spider-web pattern of cracks marring their noble faces. One sculpture of a knight holds a lance pointed up. The body of a young soldier is impaled on the lance, his blood running down the white stone.

Celestial:

The three plaques on the additional statues read: Ser Amrith, Ser Kaspin and Chevalier Trebin

DC 25 K Noble or K. Local or Profession Soldier or DC 35 K. Religion:

The statues depict Ser Amrith, Ser Kaspin, and Chevalier Trebin, the three disciples of Saint Clydwell, and the original three Holy Sentinels.

As the heroes are not approaching stealthily, the babaus can hear their footsteps coming down the hallway. They stop, spotting Valaria as she comes around the corner. They whoop and holler and cackle with delight at the prospect of new victims.

Initiative:

1. Ary (25)
2. Valaria (23)
3. Babau #3 (23)
4. Xanderghul (22)
5. Isilme (20)
6. Babau #8 (20)
7. Hinagiku (18)
8. Babau #5 (16), Babau #6 (16)
9. Ehren (16)
10. Babau #1 (15), Babau #9 (14) Babau #7 (12), Babau #4 (8), Babau #2 (7)

Map on Roll 20 is up to date.

Round 249!
Ary and Valaria are up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Weapon Champion) 9/Champion/Trickster 3 | HP: 96/114 | AC: 25, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 19 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +10, Reflex +13, Will: +10 | Init: +6 | Perception: +16, Darkvision 60 ft. | Performance: 5/24, Shatter: 1/1, Lore Master: 1/1

Val shrugs as she takes her usual place near the front of the group, keeping an eye out for danger ahead as those more properly trained in tracking help guide them after the babaus somewhere deeper into the tunnel. As they round the corner to see a veritable swarm of the bloody demons ahead, Val clicks her tongue and draws her knife. "I think we slightly underestimated how many there were," she deadpans. "Still, nothing we can't handle." She steps forward to get a better view of the room and a better line of fire before letting her dagger fly twice.

Attack (Heroism): 1d20 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 4 = 27
Second Attack (Heroism): 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 4 = 22
Damage (Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17
Second Damage (Heroism): 1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

Ary is up!


Living Steel Female InE 0 / SYF 1 / KtW 0 / SCB 1 Valiant Keeper Half-Elven Ran 7/War 2/Fig 9 (VMC) HP (129/129)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 27/14/24/28 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/11/11 | Init +05
MP 2/9 LP 0/3 AM 2/3 SP 5/11
Skills:
+18: K(Pl), 16: Perception +14: P(Soldier); +13: K(Du, Re), A(Poetry), Survival; +12: K(Na) +10: Acrobatics; +8: Athletics; +7: Spellcraft, Stealth; +6: Heal, Ride; +5: Diplomacy, L(Drezen); +3 Ling; +2: K(No, Lo, Ar)

5 foot step and full round action to use Defensive Focus; Ary's threatened range increases to 15 feet, and she can move up to 30 feet in the following round to make attacks of opportunity. During this time, she won't move away from Adjacent with Valaria. She also recovers Kill the Wounded.

K(Religion) (Ary, CC): 1d20 + 13 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 4 + 4 = 37
K(Nobility) (CC): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 = 8
K(Local) (CC): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 4 = 17
P(Soldier) (CC): 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 4 = 21
K(Religion) (CC): 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 4 = 27

"Be cautious and stay close together." Ary whispers into Isilme's message spell, as she dips into the alcove next to Valaria, focusing on the upcoming battle, "Most of their damage will come from pinning us between them."


WotR Global Buffs/Debuffs: Inspire Courage

The room is suddenly shrouded in darkness. Valaria can still see the babaus within in eerie black and white, but to Ary's eyes, the room is now pitch-black.

Book keeping: Valaria deals 34 damage to Babau #5, grazing it.

Xanderghul and Isilme are up!


Female aasimar brd 8/clr 1/mag*/Bound 3 THP 0 HP 99/99 | Init +7 Percpt +26/+30 | AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +12 (+4 comp/chrm); (+4 vs. brd/lang/sonic, +3 vs. rune) | AP 2/5 BP 20/23 MBP 0/3 MP 0/7 Glit 0/1 X-Ret 1/1 Insp 0/1 LM 0/1 Chnl 2/3 Fvr 7/8 DS 3/3
Spells:
Bard (CL 8; cn +13) 1st 2/6 2nd 1/5 3rd 1/3 Clr (1;+2) Mag (3;+5) Rng: SI
Skills:
Acro +16 Bluff +22 Dipl +28 Dis +22 K(hist/any/untr.) +11/+10/+6 Ling +14 P(ora/act/sing,wind/danc) +26/+22/+20/+18 Ride +5 S Motive +26 Splcrft +14 Stealth +21 UMD +17

Isilme steps forward quietly, standing near to the wall. Ary was right, they would likely teleport behind her and Valaria to try to trap them. The best action then was to ambush them the moment they teleported into position. Readying her weapon, she flattens herself against the wall, awaiting the first attacker to teleport behind Ary.

Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28

Mv Act: Stealth; Free Act: 5' step; Std Act: Ready attack

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Fumble: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

19,251 to 19,300 of 19,895 << first < prev | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kiora's Wrath of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.