GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed)

Game Master Kate Baker


4,401 to 4,450 of 4,604 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>

Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Eight creatures bobbing in the water turn to face you as you descend the staircase. They have a vague sense of humanity about them and they still wear shreds of modern human clothing, but they seem to have been mutated into something else entirely. They turn to attack.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
mutant 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
mutant 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
mutant 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
mutant 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
mutant 5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
mutant 6: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
mutant 7: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
mutant 8: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

One of the mutants swims up to Silt and tries to bite!

bite vs flat-footed Silt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Initiative
Mutant 4
Joli
Purpose

Mutant 1
Harpoon
Toby
Silt
Mutant 7
Mutant 6
Mutant 3
Mutant 2
Mutant 5
Mutant 8

Knowledge (dungeoneering) to know more.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Knowledge (dungeoneering), heightened awareness, sudden insight: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 + 4 = 32

Focus on what changed them/if it's reversible, and a general sense of their threat level - I don't think I can actually ask their CR, but that's kinda the vibe I'm looking for!
If all that's too weird, a special attack and a defense would be lovely.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Similar line as Purpose: Can they be reasoned with? Can they be saved short of a wish?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

These are mutated humans. They seem to be pretty far gone. You think their condition is irreversible.

They look like they have DR/-, and several natural attacks that a human wouldn't usually have.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"I'm afraid a merciful, quick end is the best we can offer these poor souls."

Joli moves to flank the nearest offender (#4), ready to strike as Silt moves into action.

Tumble: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Readied attack:

Short sword, fighting defensively: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 - 4 = 18
Piercing, magic: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (5) = 9

Iggy breaths on the poor wretch.

Fire, Reflex DC 13 for half: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
Rounds to recharge: 1d4 ⇒ 2

AC 23 => 26 once readied action goes off

Status:

HP: 70/70

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Greater Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Slipstream

PRAYERS
Spirit 1 [x] 2 [a] 3 [ ] 4 [ ]

0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance
1: Bless, Chill Touch, Frostbite, Frostbite, Heightened Awareness
2: Flurry of Snowballs, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3: Communal Resist Energy, Cure Serious Wounds, [u]Greater Longstrider[/u], Magic Circle Against Evil
4: Control Water, Divine Power, Spiritual Ally

ABILITIES
Tribal Cooperation (Shake It Off): 6/7
Water Blast: 1/3
Wave Strike: 3/5


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche once again prepares to exert mental force on material reality. Telekinetic mastery focus power!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Mutant 4 tries to avoid the blast!

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Mutant 1 swims in and bites at Silt!

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Initiative
Mutant 4, -4 hp
Purpose
Mutant 1
Harpoon
Toby
Silt
Joli, readied

Mutant 7
Mutant 6
Mutant 3
Mutant 2
Mutant 5
Mutant 8


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Understanding that Joli may create a blast of steam when the others approach, Silt full attacks the nearest mutants, trying to stay out of his friend's way. starting with #4

Bite, power attack, furious focus, destructive smite, flank: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 2 = 35
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Bite, power attack, furious focus, destructive smite, confirm: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Confirmed bite damage: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

He then 5-foots down into the water, trying to give his allies a more clear shot.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt takes down #4 and his last attack goes on to #1.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"I'm gonna try an clear a path!" Toby once again draws a swirling lash of solid water, swinging it around and bringing it down onto the nearest mutant with the roar of crashing surf echoing through the chamber.

kinetic blade, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 3 = 19
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 1, 5) + 11 = 30

kinetic blade (iterative), elem overflow: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 3 = 27
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 5, 5) + 11 = 33


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Hang on, I messed up the order a little. When Silt stepped up, Joli's ready went off, hitting! Then Silt's bite took down #4, and both claws hit #1. Toby then hits with his kinetic blade, taking down #1.

Harpoon up!


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Verified with Kate, Toby's first attack took down #1, so he then moves into the room rather than taking an iterative. The whip stays until the beginning of his next turn, so he threatens with reach.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku moves in and tries to punch #4.

Punch 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Harpoon punches #2!

By the way, not all of the damage is going through on any of these.

Mutant #2 full attacks Harpoon!

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
claw 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

3 and 5 move in to attack Toby! (AoO on #3)

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

#6 moves in to attack Joli!

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

#7 and #8 double move in.

Initiative
Purpose
Harpoon
Toby
Silt
Joli

Mutant 7
Mutant 6
Mutant 3
Mutant 2, -12 hp
Mutant 5
Mutant 8


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli lets out a torrent of ice and water, catching all but the one in front of him (#6) in its wake.

Fluid Mastery: 10d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 4, 6, 2, 2, 6, 6, 3) = 38

Details:

Reflex DC 19 for 1/2, pushed back 5 feet.
Fort DC 19 or prone / possibly off balance (a moot point for creatures with swim speeds).

The shaman can unleash a torrent of ice and water from his hands in a 15-foot cone as a standard action. This torrent deals 1d4 points of cold damage per 2 shaman level he possesses, and pushes affected creatures back 5 feet directly away from the shaman. Underwater it deals 1d6 points of damage per shaman level in a 30-foot cone. A successful Reflex saving throw halves the damage and negates the push.

If this ability deals damage, the target must succeed at a Fortitude saving throw or be knocked prone.

He grimaces as he does so. "I'm sorry. I don't want you to suffer like this."

Iggy flutters back towards Silt, crying dragon tears of steam.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

AoO vs. #3: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 3 = 22
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 3, 6, 5, 6) + 11 = 33

"Ow! Grrrrrrr!" Toby follows up on his opportunistic strike with a further barrage Starting with #3, moving to #5 if #3 goes down.

kinetic blade, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 3 = 18
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 5, 2) + 11 = 29

kinetic blade (iterative), elem overflow: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 3 = 24
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 6, 4) + 11 = 27


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt five-foots forward and attacks #6. He'll move on to #8 if he takes down #6 Attacking from below puts him at a slight disadvantage!

Bite, power attack, furious focus, low ground: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 1 = 19
Claw, power attack, low ground: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 1 = 24
Claw, power attack, low ground: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 1 = 16

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Not sure what all will be left standing, so..

Purpose Creche wraps his will around a mutant threatening one of his more fragile allies. (Probably targeting #6 in front of Joli, otherwise one near Toby/Riku)

Telekinetic mastery, grapple: 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 5 = 34
Nat 20! Whichever target I hit gains the grappled condition.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby's AoO hits!

Reflex save #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Reflex save #3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Reflex save #5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Reflex save #7: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Reflex save #8: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Only #2 avoids the full damage. #3 goes down.

Toby hits #5 twice, taking it down.

Silt hits #6 twice, missing on the last in an effort not to hit Joli.

Purpose psychically grapples #6.

Harpoon is up!

Initiative
Purpose
Harpoon
Toby
Silt
Joli
Mutant 7, -38 hp
Mutant 6, -24 hp, grappled
Mutant 2, -31 hp
Mutant 8, -38 hp


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

The Harpoon full attacks #2!

Punch 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Harpoon Kick: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Punch 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Harpoon uses his expertise in punching to strike the same spot three times, taking the creature down!

Only down because of pummeling style!

#6 full attacks Joli!

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

claw 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

#7 five-foot adjusts and attacks Harpoon!

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

claw 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

#8 swims in and bites Toby! (which provokes, I think)
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Initiative
Purpose
Harpoon
Toby
Silt
Joli

Mutant 7, -38 hp
Mutant 6, -24 hp, grappled
Mutant 8, -38 hp


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli swims around his principle opponent and strikes.

Short sword: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 = 34
Sneak: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (6) = 9

Confirm: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23
Crit damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli strikes the grappled creature!

Initiative
Purpose
Harpoon
Toby
Silt

Joli
Mutant 7, -38 hp
Mutant 6, -31 hp, grappled
Mutant 8, -38 hp


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche tightens his mental hold on the struggling mutant!

Maintain grapple: 1d20 + 9 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 5 + 5 = 37
Grapple successfully maintained, and I'm going to pin them!

Pinned condition:
A pinned creature is tightly bound and can take few actions. A pinned creature cannot move and is denied its Dexterity bonus. A pinned character also takes an additional –4 penalty to his Armor Class. A pinned creature is limited in the actions that it can take. A pinned creature can always attempt to free itself, usually through a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check. A pinned creature can take verbal and mental actions, but cannot cast any spells that require a somatic or material component. A pinned character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler’s CMB + spell level) or lose the spell. Pinned is a more severe version of grappled, and their effects do not stack.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

#6 is pinned!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt 5-foot steps forward and attacks the mutant menacing Joli! Will move on to #8 if it goes down.

Bite, power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Bite, power attack, furious focus, confirm: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Claw, power attack, confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Magical, Bite, P, B, S, crit damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Magical, Claw 1, B, S, crit damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

AoO vs. #8: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 3 = 24
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 4, 5) + 11 = 27

Toby continues his assault with his whip on the creature that just attacked him. Beginning with #8 if it survived the AoO, then moving on to #7. Let me know if the AoO took down #8, in which case Toby didn't take damage.

kinetic blade, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 3 = 22
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 2, 6) + 11 = 34

kinetic blade (iterative), elem overflow: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 = 13
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 5, 5) + 11 = 31


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby's AoO takes out #8!

Silt's bite takes out #6!

Toby then takes out #7!

Out of combat!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Strange machinery and tubes in the walls make up the interior of this room. Embedded in the wall nearest the entrance is a large metal pin panel whose surface ripples at regular intervals; with each wave that sweeps across the panel, new symbols appear on its surface.

There are two force fields in the back of the room, and you see figures on the other side, banging on the force fields with their fists, trying to get your attention.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt swims up to the force fields and looks inside. Take 10 on Perception for 30


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku will take a look at the strange machinery.

Craft: Clockwork: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

I got a little mixed up and the machinery description is for a different room. So we'll deal with that later!

Two shimmering fields of force each seal a different airtight chamber, keeping the water outside. On the wall next to the force fields are two levers.

Silt sees two human women and one human man on the other side of the force field. They look panicked. You don't recognize any of them. (Art for one of them on Slide 3!)


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli swims into the bubble. "Good people. I'm so sorry for what you've gone through. We're here to rescue you. Sent by the settlers of Talmandor's Bounty. We've means to get you out."

Diplomacy with +3 auto-aid from cutesy Iggy: 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 3 = 27

Sense Motive if they respond to detect signs of mental control: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

Sense Motive by Iggy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

It is possible for you to go into the cells, if you'd like. The force fields stop the water but don't stop you from going in and out if you pull the lever to unlock it.


Silt polymorphs back into a Locathah, pulls the lever, and steps inside. We are nice people here to kill Skum and save friends. Who are you?

diplomacy to aid Joli: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The people initially panic as strange sea creatures walk into their cell, but eventually calm down. They do not seem to be under mind control.

One of the women addresses you. “I am Armin, and these two are Celia and Jaram. We’re all Andoren colonists from Talmandor's Bounty. We came on the Liberty’s Herald. But one day things went terribly wrong and we were brought here. Thank you for saving us from the horrible fishthing that has been keeping us here! But... Who exactly are you and how did you know we were here?” They eye the scrag nervously.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"Armin, Celia, Jaram. Well met. We came aboard the Peregrine under Captain Markosi. We found Talmandor's Bounty abandoned and discovered Eliza and Rayland ensorcelled by the aboleth — you know them, yes?"

He pauses. "The colony was attacked again by the aboleth's servants. Some of our friends were captured. Have you seen them? Who else is here?"


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”I am looking for a friend and colleague from the Pathfinder Society, Carver Hastings. Have you seen him?”


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

“The rest of the colonists—those that survived—are in weird cells like these inside a huge vault. The fish-thing took us here to run some tests on us in the room right next to here. The other new people are probably there.”


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Where's the vault? Also, how good are you at swimming? It's not far up to some air, just up those stairs."


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

When Purpose Creche breaches the cell's membrane, black manta wings ripple backwards and return to their cloak shape. Water streams from its hem.

He waits for the prisoners to respond to the others' questions, then adds his own when he thinks the time is right. "What manner of tests. Were they performed on the others. In this vault you described." He unfurls a thing finger to the outside. "Are there others like those."


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

If we can get these out, the Azlan creature who guarded our sleep can protect them


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

“It's hard to say. When it wants to ask you questions, it gets inside your head and causes pain until you just tell it everything it wants to know. I don’t know what it is, but it’s bigger than any shark I’ve seen. It has three glowing eyes on its ugly head and lots of sinuous tentacles growing from its body. I could swear I heard its minions call it Onthooth. I don't know what all it does.”

GM screen:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Iggy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


Can you hold your breath, if I carry you out of the water? It is not far.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"I...I guess so."

GM screen:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Iggy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Joli and Iggy:
Armin seems tense, as if she were suspicious of the other two prisoners.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Iggy and Joli look at each other. The grippli says, "Why don't you both go, and I'll get Celia and Jaram ready. Iggy will keep you company." He turns to Celia and Jaram. "How long have you been here? Your insights about this Onthooth would be ever so helpful."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Suddenly, the two other people start vomiting up black bile and making gurgling sounds. An instant later, long tentacles burst from their bodies!

Joli and Iggy get a surprise round while the creatures are transforming.

DC 16 Knowledge (religion):
These are abhominals, undead creatures!

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Iggy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Ab 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Ab 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Surprise Round
Joli

Initiative
Joli
Silt
Harpoon

Tentacle thing 1
Tentacle thing 2
Purpose
Toby


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Religion (Joli): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Religion (Iggy): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

General questions are about how abhominals like best to attack, followed by any special protections or vulnerabilities.

"Rillsong Tribe, unite us. Protect us from this evil." Joli carefully calls forth a protective ring around himself and swims slightly up to ward Arwin. "Let us be strength to each other, as so many have before us." His council fills his allies with a sense of reliance upon one another.

Combat Cast Magic Circle: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Roll twice with Spellguard Bracers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Magic Circle Against Evil
Allies gain Shake It Off Teamwork Feat for 7 rounds — +1 competence bonus on saving throws for each adjacent ally (up to +4).

Effective AC v. Evil = 24; CMD = 20

Iggy attempts his own magic, summoning forth a billowing mist in the air-filled space.

Combat Cast Obscuring Mist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

They like to attack with their barbed tentacles, which bleed and grab and pull. They are immune to acid and cold and have normal undead traits.


Silt casts Freedom of Movement on himself and places himself between Armin and the terrible creature. Get back! He wields the greatsword menacingly.

Byline is wrong right now; silt has 27 AC at the moment; 28 with PoE.

4,401 to 4,450 of 4,604 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.