GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed)

Game Master Kate Baker


4,301 to 4,350 of 4,604 << first < prev | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | next > last >>

CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

The Harpoon moves in and tries to attach the second skum.

Punch!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The skum move in!

HArpoon's ready goes off and he strikes Number 2.

Number 2 drops their longspear and lashes out at Joli.

bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
displacement, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 96

claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
displacement, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 68

claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
displacement, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 65

Number 3 strikes at Joli with its longspear!

longspear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
displacement, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 16

And Number 4 strikes at Harpoon!
longspear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

They have phalanx formation, so no cover on the longspear attacks!

Iggy blasts at the front one!

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The skum ducks!

Joli unleashes a blast of cold!

Reflex, 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Reflex, 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Reflex, 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

They all collapse in the powerful blast!

Out of combat!

But wait, there's more! The coral on the statues send out yellow spines that poke at Purpose and Toby!

Reflex saves from those two, please!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Each skum has oil of cure light wounds, oil of cure moderate wounds, oil of magic weapon, leather armor, mwk longspear, and a pouch of pearls (worth 65 gp)


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Reflex save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

"Yipe! What the heck?!" Toby spins around, baring his teeth at the pokey coral.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli uses two light oils and two medium ones to feel his wounds. He pats Iggy on the head and gives Purpose a hug. "Thanks for your protection, dear friend."

He peeks to see if there is anything more of note in the hidden room. Any doors, etc.?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Nothing else of interest in the room! It looks like a storage room.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Let's move on to the open room beyond. I guess we can all swim quickly past the corals into that open hallway?

Oh. Can silt try to harvest some coral to carve later on? He has reach too.

reflex to not get stabbed by corals: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Bright colors mean death, make nice art.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Mantose Creche spins deftly away from the reactive coral!
Reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"You're welcome." Purpose Creche floats alongside Joli as the group approaches the double doors at the end of the corridor. He then wafts up close to them and listens carefully. The one running east/towards the top of the map

Perception, heightened awareness: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 18 + 2 = 22


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt gets poked by the coral!

ouch!: 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage

I'm afraid I also need a Fortitude save.

Purpose hears faint muttering in Aboleth. It sounds like more skum.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"More skum. Let's strike quickly. Before they can react."

Purpose Creche drifts back to leave room for Silt and Riku to take the fore. His incongruous manta arms draw the longsword recovered from the tree-dwelling skeleton.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli moves forward with his friends, jetting up next to Purpose.

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Rounds from last one until he can breath again: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

While the coral pricks Silt, its poison is no mach for the locathah.

Do whatever you'd like to set yourselves up for the next battle! I'll get it started tomorrow morning.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

I've put us in marching order on the map, if it helps.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Everybody moves in and Harpoon opens the doors.

This domed chamber has multiple exits and large niches in its northeast and northwest sides. Three openings in the south wall lead to a ruined and submerged courtyard, and a staircase on the north side of the chamber leads down to a larger chamber.

Five skum wait inside! One of them has a fancy longspear. The others are not holding weapons.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Uot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
skum 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
skum 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
skum 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
skum 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Initiative!
Purpose
Joli

Skum 4
Skum with his own art
Harpoon
Silt
Skum 1
Skum 2
Skum 3
Toby

Purpose and Joli are quickest on the draw!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

A post somehow got lost in which Joli casted Bless while the party was getting set. Would it be okay to have that in place?

"Poli Oqa, it's time to fight again! That fella there, with the fancy skewer."

Joli's combative ancestor appears to attack the presumptive leader of the group.

Spiritual Grippli: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Force Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Meanwhile, Iggy sings a song of liberty. Freedom of movement on himself


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Bless is fine!


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche runs an incongruous arm along his manta belly's dark stripe, and the buzz of pent up energy fills his companions' limbs. Casting haste on errbody!

Haste: 9/9 rounds


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The skum with his own art waves off the spritual grippli and he moves in. He drinks something from his pocket, and his arms grow longer. Provoking from Poli!

You can make a spellcraft check if you want, but, like, longarm. It's pretty obvious.

The skum in the back moves in closer.

Initiative!
Purpose
Joli
Skum 4
Skum with his own art
Harpoon
Silt

Skum 1
Skum 2
Skum 3
Toby

Harpoon and Silt are up! Remember, the one with his own art is wielding a longspear and drank a longarm extract, for a total of fifteen feet of reach.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Erp I should use real spell names. Poli is just a Spiritual Weapon at the moment.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt swims 15' up and forward 5 feet, readying an action to vital strike any enemy who comes within reach.

I would like to give a clear shot to ranged people while not walking through any of the Skum's 15' threatened squares.

Ready
+1 seaborne greatsword, power attack, furious focus, vital strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
slashing, magical: 6d6 + 20 ⇒ (5, 1, 5, 4, 2, 3) + 20 = 40

Dark Archive

Botting Riku!

ranged touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
grapple: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The grappling leg clangs off the skum, and he smiles an evil grin.

Skum 1 swims up next to Silt. (Provoking from Silt!)

He tries to wrap his arms around Silt's throat!

grapple!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Skum 2 tries to do the same to Harpoon!

grapple!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

And starts choking the life out of him!

strangle!: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Skum 3 moves up next to 4, studying the situation.

Initiative!
Purpose
Joli

Skum 4
Skum with his own art
Harpoon
Silt
Skum 1
Skum 2
Skum 3
Toby


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Poli Oqa lashes out at the ring leader...

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Force: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Spiritual weapon Iterative: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 5 = 25
Force: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Joli swims forward and lets loose another icy blast.

Cold damage + 5' push back + Refl DC 18 or prone: 10d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 2, 6, 6) = 31
Recharge rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3

I think this would affect 2, 3, 4, and the leader.

Finally, Iggy steams up the skum grappling Riku.

Fire/Steam damage, Refl 13 for 1/2: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
Recharge rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Did SKum 1 also trigger Silt's ready, taking 40 damage?

AOO: +1 seaborne greatsword, power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
slashing, magical: 3d6 + 17 ⇒ (4, 4, 6) + 17 = 31

Silt looks down at Riku, displayed to see his friend getting choked!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Thank you for reminding me! That and the AoO kill Skum 1 before he gets to you.

I'll update the rest this evening.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The spiritual weapon hits the fancy-pants skum twice!

Fancy skum Reflex save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
skum 2 Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 = 17
skum 3 Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
skum 4 Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

The skum move deftly through the water, and they don't seem to be totally affected by the cold damage. The one holding Harpoon can't get out of the way as easily. He tries to hold on.

grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

He gets torn away!

Iggy sends Steam at #2!

skum 2 Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Edited to add additional Fort save for skum 2
skum 2 Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Takes 10 on the Swim check for a 27, due to having a Swim speed

Initiative!
Purpose
Joli
Skum 4, -5 hp
Skum with his own art, -26 hp
Harpoon
Silt
Skum 2, -24 hp
Skum 3, -5 hp
Toby


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Not having a clear shot from a distance, Toby follows right behind Joli's blast, moving forward to attack. "That was awesome, Joli!" As he steps forward, he draws an icy whip from his hand and lashes out at the nearest skum . Accepting one burn to empower.

kinetic blade, elem overflow vs. #2: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 3 = 29
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 4, 4) + 11 = 31 <--Empowered to 46 damage


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby destroys Skum 2.

It doesn't matter in this case, but is that cold damage?

Purpose is up!


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

It isn't. It was a physical blast, not a cold blast or ice blast.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

As everyone powers through, the skum are no match for the powerful party!

We'll call this one here.

The boss skum has a particular item of interest: a ring of resistance +1, because no one likes capes underwater. He also has oil of cure light wounds, oil of shield of faith, +1 chain shirt, +1 longspear, formula book of etched metal sheets bound with corroded brass rings (contains
all prepared extracts plus deathwatch and identify). The minions have an oil of cure serious wounds each, and some cool seashell jewelery.

There are some annoying coral spine traps in the room and you avoid them!

Where to next?


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt will move into the room and look around for clues as to where to go; it seems like there are adjoining areas to the North and South that he could see into, in addition to the double doors to the East.

Take 10 on perception: 20 + 10 = 30


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli examines the doors while Silt searches the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37

"Purpose, this ring looks like it might be perfect for you!"


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

To the north, Silt sees the Sanctuary. This otherwise round chamber has rectangular alcoves at even intervals, forming a shape reminiscent of a gear. At the center of the chamber stands a grandiose, four-foot high altar shaped like an eye with two cogwheel halves forming the eyelids. Two ten-foot-tall metal rods, each tipped with a silver-hued torus, stand on round platforms on either side of the altar.

To the south, beyond the collapsed wall, other ruins of the temple grounds spread across the seafloor, many crumbled beyond identification. In the sand next to a collapsed building, what appears to be a large, metal cylinder crusted with barnacles lies partially buried.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli swims through the wreckage, scanning for magic and signs of life. "Where might our friends and enemies be hiding?"


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The wreckage meaning to the south?


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Start in the intact structure first.

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"That's creepy" Toby says, looking at the strange altar in the center. "Let's go look at that cool cylinder thing stuck in the sand!"


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Those toruses. That cylinder." Purpose Creche angles his stingray tail to indicate the ruins. "Might all be pieces of another lightning machine. Be careful."


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

You head out and approach the cylinder. As you get closer, you realize that it is definitely not another power source, but some kind of conveyance, with metal appendages. It is not unoccupied, however, and an enormous mantis shrimp raises its head out of the structure.

Awesome art on Slide 1.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"Cousin to Karl?" Joli tries to recall what differentiates huge mantis shrimp from ankhegs.

Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli is pretty sure giant shrimp don't spit acid, but doesn't know much else about them.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt grins when the thorax squirms out of the cylinder; his smile widens when the pincers unhinge.

…yes, like a Karl. Pretty, like Riku's high coos.

The ten swimmerets undulate back and forth under the abdominal segment, and the creature's long legs unfold from where they were tucked below carapace and begin to palpate the sandy bottom.

Beauty lives here still, inside the broken toys of Azlan Tea.

The scrag pulls the body of the vivisectionist over, and gently pushes it into the open water between himself and the mantis, respecting its territory. The corpse drifts slowly through the open water, turning like a dancer before being bisected by a lightning-fast pincer. How the blood looks like rass berries exploding!

You should meet Karl. We'd have so much fun together patrolling the forest, keeping the village safe!

Wild Empathy Diplomacy, Guidance: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 22


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Neat!" Toby watches intently as the giant creature eats its snack.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The mantis shrimp happily devours the corpse, then swims out toward Silt, nuzzling him for more delicious food.

The rest of the party has a chance to investigate the cylinder. It is much like an apparatus of the crab, except it can hold five Medium or Small creatures and contains a constant flow of fresh air. It would take a few hours to dig it up out of the ground and another few hours to repair it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Karlita will guard this sky bathtub. We can come back later.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"This is marvelous. Astounding craftsmanship." Purpose Creche glides around the apparatus. "Yes Silt. We must return and excavate it. Safe travel and air supply. Many uses."
He keeps a particular eye out of indicators of the device's origin.
Do I have any idea who made it, or how long it's been here? Throwing out some possibly relevant skill checks.

Apparatus identification checks:

Perception: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 2 = 26
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 = 25
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 2 = 24
Oh yeah, and how bout shrimp?
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19

"It's nice to meet you Karlita." He flaps his wings respectfully at the mantis shrimpl

On to the spooky eye? And depending on what we see, we might want to use some of those oils of resist energy (electricity) before we mess with it!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli has visions of a gigantic langoustine floating in a vast pot of horseradish and ant mayonnaise. He swallows his disappointment instead as Silt befriends another movable feast.

"Maybe I could swim ahead first with that nice ring on. I’d hate to waste such lovely brews."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

If Joli is sneaking ahead, can I gt a Stealth roll, please?


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

4,301 to 4,350 of 4,604 << first < prev | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.