GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed)

Game Master Kate Baker


4,251 to 4,300 of 4,604 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>

Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

As Purpose touches the box, a strange feeling arises in the room: one of intense jealousy.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

DC 18 Knowledge (Religion):
This is a haunt!

Initiative
Purpose
Silt
Joli
Toby
Harpoon
?


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Stay back. The dead still desire." It's a haunt!

Knowledge (religion), heightened awareness: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 = 20


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt pops his Spring-loaded wrist sheath out and taps the air with the wand.

CLW, Positive energy: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

If Silt is too far back to effect the haunt he will instead leave the room.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Yes, Silt can affect it with the wand.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Rather than affect the haunt, Joli calls upon the bonds that tie. "Ancestors, bind our strength together!" He moves next to Toby and, if possible, Riku and others.

Everyone gets a +1 circumstance bonus to saves (max +4) for each adjacent ally. Joli and Ivy count as two.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

And I should have specified that this is a surprise round as it is, indeed, a haunt! I'm not sure if that affects anyone's turn so far.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"A what?!" Toby's ears go flat and water begins to gather around his fists as he looks for something threatening. Total defense.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku backs away.

”Haunts are not easy to punch or kick.”


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Will saves all around if you are still in the room! (Except Purpose, who is a construct)

Will save:

DC 17

If you failed,

Spoiler:
An unnaturally strong feeling of jealousy takes hold of you. Attack the nearest ally as though affected by murderous command and shout “It is mine!” in Azlanti, even if you don't speak that language.

Initiative
Purpose
Silt
Joli
Toby
Harpoon

?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Suddenly overcome with jealousy, Riku attacks Silt!

Punch to a bulging eye!: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Harpoon Kick to the gills!: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Another punch to a seaweedy-looking fin-thing!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Azlanti:
”It’s mine!”


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Silt stumbles back a step. Riku!?

He then tries to harm the haunt with his wand! CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

"Riku, stop it!" Toby blasts the ground beneath Riku's feet, making it slick with ice! As grease; DC 16 Reflex or fall prone.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Despite the slick ice, Riku manages to stay on his feet!

Azlanti:
"MINE!"


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli Will, +2 from Shake It Off feat: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25

Iggy Will, +2 from Shake It Off feat: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11

To his surprise and dismay, Joli gets a face full of steam as his newly draconic friend says in Azlanti, "It is mine!"

Joli Reflex DC 13 save: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
Breath Weapon fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Kate, not sure if you'd like to give Iggy his own initiative. He's +5

69/70 HP


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Right, I forgot about Iggy! Since he's a familiar, I believe he goes with you. Is Joli doing anything?


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Oh, we’re in the new round.

"Hey, Iggy, take it easy. I’m happy to share."

Joli sings a prayer of cleansing, careful not to provoke his ensorcelled friend.

Concentration #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Concentration #2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

Cure Serious Wounds at the haunt: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2, 2) + 9 = 18

Knowledge Religion to understand haunt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche racks his arcane synapses for a way to help neutralize this manifestation.
Knowledge (religion), heightened awareness, sudden insight: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 35


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Between Silt's wand and Joli's healing, the sense of intense jealousy fades. Purpose is pretty sure that it will come back. The only way to put the haunt to rest is to take all the valuables out of the room, so there is nothing for the spirits to be jealous of.

A total of 124 pp, 856 gp, and 352 sp in ancient Azlanti coins lie scattered on the floor, on the shelves, and in the chests. The small
pewter box in the northeast corner of the room contains two lustrous pearls: a bluish pearl of the sirines and a dark pearl of power (3rd level).


Male Tidepool Dragon HP 35/35 | AC 19 T 18 FF 13 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, SM: +14 | Breath: 2d6 steam, DC 13 | Melee: Bite, claws: +8, 1d3

The drake hugs Joli, giving him a sheepish look. "I’m sorry. That was strange. I don’t even like the taste of metal."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt taps himself with his cure light wounds wand three times, waiting for Riku's apology.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”So sorry Silt. I don’t know what came over me. I hope you’re not too injured.”


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli gives Iggy a pat on the head. "No trouble. I needed a steam bath anyway. Well, let’s gather these treasures and begone. Silt, may I keep the dark pearl? Riku, catch!" He tosses the pearl of airiness gently.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Keep that ugly pearl, Joli.

Silt turns to Riku. Sometimes friends hurt friends. But true ones say sorry, and forgive.

He looks at Purpose. Where next?


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli sings up a slick of water beneath his feet and glides quietly to the water's edge. He listens a moment for signs of life nearby and, assuming he senses none, slides into the water.

30 foot tremorsense underwater; can see through murk clearly

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38

Status:

HP: 69/70

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Greater Longstrider, Slipstream

PRAYERS
Spirit 1 [ ] 2 [a] 3 [ ] 4 [ ]

0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance
1: Chill Touch, Cure Light Wounds, Frostbite, Frostbite, Heightened Awareness
2: Flurry of Snowballs, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3: Communal Resist Energy, Cure Serious Wounds, [u]Greater Longstrider[/u], Magic Circle Against Evil
4: Control Water, Divine Power, Spiritual Ally

ABILITIES
Tribal Cooperation (Shake It Off): 7/7
Water Blast: 3/3
Wave Strike: 5/5


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

You're just checking the water in front of the door, right?


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Oh didn’t notice the doors. Yes and listening at it.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The water seems clear for now, though disturbed sediment implies someone was here recently. Listening carefully at the large double doors (at the bottom of the map), Joli just barely hears the faintest of movements from somewhere on the other side.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt draws his greatsword and listens for whatever signal Joli gives.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

”What is it?” Toby’s ears flatten as he sees his friend draw a weapon.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli sings a prayer and pats Iggy on the head (resistance). He sings another song of insight (heightened awareness) before signaling for Riku to open the door.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku nods in response to Joli's signal, then shifts into his tiger shark, seascarred form (+2 Con, amphibious, bite ) and signals to Silt open the door. Since Silt is a large crag with much more armor!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt opens the door. A row of caryatid columns divides this long, flooded corridor. The sculpted figures are covered in spiny yellow coral and tentacled pink polyps, partially hiding their facial features and intricately detailed hairstyles, and gives them an eerily inhuman quality.

You don't see anyone in the room. (Map up in slides!)


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli swims in quietly, sensing any tremors in the water ahead.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Move with 5’ gap from columns, as far as he can before anything happens or appears. Tremorsense 30’.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby swims forward right alongside Joli, similarly searching for threats. Also Tremorsense 30'.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

DC 25 Knowledge (nature):
You know that the coral growing over the statues is venomous, and that it reacts to changes in water pressure and extends its spines when a creature is nearby. When a creature moves into a square adjacent to any of the caryatid columns, the coral awakens, and 1 round later, yellow spines extend into each square adjacent to the columns. Each creature in the area takes 1d4 points of piercing damage and risks becoming poisoned unless it succeeds at a DC 20 Reflex save.

Joli and Toby sense vibrations from the coral on the statues, but nothing else.

Are you making Perception checks as well?


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

I’m on mobile but Riku will follow behind Toby, keeping an eye out as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli spots a concealed door (indicated with a red arrow).


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli swims back to Purpose and whispers, "There is something unusual about the coral on those pillars. Do you know...?"

Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

After Purpose responds, he swims to the archway with the hidden door, pantomiming it’s presence there.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 + 4 = 23


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

As the group puzzles over the coral, Joli goes to indicate the location of a secret door. As he does so, the door suddenly opens! Four skum wait on the other side.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
skum 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
skum 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
skum 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
skum 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Purpose
Skum 4
Skum 3
Skum 1
Toby
Harpoon
Silt
Skum 2
Joli


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Oh no."

Seeing Joli in danger, transformed Purpose Creche flicks his manta tail and jets over to his friend. Purpose unfolds a thin arm from his underside and taps the grippli on the shoulder; Joli's silhouette is momentarily limned in hazy smoke and flickering embers.
Joli has displacement (50% miss chance) for 9 rounds!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The skum in front lashes out with natural weapons! The rest delay, holding their longspears until they can get an attack.

bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
displacement, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 29

claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
displacement, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 94

claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
ouch!: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
displacement, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 87

Purpose
Skum 1
Toby
Harpoon
Silt

Skum 2
Skum 4
Skum 3
Joli


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt will 5' forward and ready an action to vital strike anything that comes within reach and doesn't have cover.

ready action:

+1 seaborne greatsword, power attack, furious focus, vital strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
slashing, magical: 6d6 + 20 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3) + 20 = 41


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

After Riku and Toby go:

Before Joli can seize his moment, Iggy lets out a blast of hot steam at the lead skum.

Fire / steam damage, DC Reflex 13 for half: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Rounds until can breath again: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Joli inhales deeply as he smiles, and lets out a tremendous [strong]"RIBBIT!!!"[/strong] blast of icy water.

Fluid Mastery: 30 foot cone does 10d6 cold + 5 foot push + prone. Save Refl 19 for 1/2 damage + no push. Save Fort DC 19 or prone / possibly off balance.

Cold damage: 10d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3, 6, 2, 5, 6, 5, 5, 1) = 40

He kicks to his left, drawing his short sword and giving others room to attack.

Status:

HP: 60/70

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Greater Longstrider, Slipstream, Displacement

PRAYERS
Spirit 1 [ ] 2 [a] 3 [ ] 4 [ ]

0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance
1: Chill Touch, Cure Light Wounds, Frostbite, Frostbite, Heightened Awareness
2: Flurry of Snowballs, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3: Communal Resist Energy, Cure Serious Wounds, [u]Greater Longstrider[/u], Magic Circle Against Evil
4: Control Water, Divine Power, Spiritual Ally

ABILITIES
Tribal Cooperation (Shake It Off): 6/7
Water Blast: 2/3
Wave Strike: 5/5


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli isn’t up yet, but I’ll hold those actions for his turn!


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby swims forward, drawing an icy whip from his palm as he goes an lashing out at the nearest skum. "Leave Joli alone!" Accepting two burn for an ice whip.

ice whip, elem. overflow: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
1/2 cold 1/2 piercing damage: 10d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 5, 3, 3, 2, 5, 6, 3) + 15 = 54

Threatens with reach (and within) for the rest of the round.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby takes down the one in the front.

As Purpose and Toby get near the statues, the coral stirs.

Harpoon is up!

4,251 to 4,300 of 4,604 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.