GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed)

Game Master Kate Baker


4,201 to 4,250 of 4,604 << first < prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | next > last >>

Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"Go on, Poli, fight the evil!" Joli redirects his ancestor to attack the remaining injured mummy. She obliges rather ineffectually.

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Frustrated, he jumps into the water above Silt.

Fear save #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Fear save #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

HP 53 / 63


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli is not paralyzed!


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche leaps to Silt's aid, hoping to land between him and the green undead Azlanti. He both misjudges his landing sight and slips int he attempt, however, and crashes through the water beside Joli.

He draws his sword, and the rushing bubbles take on a pale blue hue.

Immune to mummy nonsense! And if one takes a swing at me, mirror image triggers for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 images.

DC 15 Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The green one takes another swing at Silt, but misses!

slam!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
ouch!: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 and a Fort save

Toby
Blue Azlan tea, -38 hp
Joli
Purpose
Harpoon
Silt
Green Azlan tea

Toby is up!


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

.The surface of the water crackles with frost as Toby sends another blast of cold energy toward the blue mummy, the stream forming jagged shards of ice as it travels through the water. Move action gather power for Empowered Blast, standard to fire.

energy blast vs. blue touch, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15
1/2 cold damage 1/2 piercing, elem overflow: 4d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 5) + 3 + 4 = 26 Empowered to 40 if that somehow hit despite the cover.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Slight retcon!

When Purpose Creche hits the water, his cloak wraps around him. The now ray-shaped wyrwood flits down between Silt and his aggressor. Also my AC's now 24


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The blue one decides to take advantage of a flank, which provokes from Silt!

slam!: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 22
ouch!: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 and no Fort save because construct

Toby
Blue Azlan tea, -38 hp
Joli
Purpose
Harpoon
Silt

Green Azlan tea

Silt has an AoO on Blue, and most of the party is up!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli moves further down, lashing out with his tongue at the injured mummy.

Wave strike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Lethal + 10 foot push: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Poli Oqa pounces on her quarry, lashing out with her spectral whip.

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Spiritual weapon iterative: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 5 = 10
Force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

When the fallen Azlanti swipes at Purpose Creche, five smokey duplicates spring out to flank the wyrwood-ray's body. One of them dissolves in the wake of the creature's near miss. Mirror images: 4/5

Purpose Creche then draws his sword and pressures the wounded blue mummy.

First attack, +2 longsword, magic, slashing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Second attack, +2 longsword, magic, slashing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

First attack damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Second attack damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

AOO, Bite, power attack vs Blue: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Want to see if its still up before deciding what Silt does

Going to note +5 HP's when I can too. Silt heals 5 from Life link.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt lashes out with a bite, then Joli hits with his tongue, making the mummy crumble!

Purpose strikes with his longsword at Green, slashing across the mummy, and Poli steps in with a magical whip to hit it again!

Blue mummy down! Harpoon and Silt up!

Toby
Joli
Purpose
Harpoon
Silt

Green Azlan tea, -15 hp


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt has to full withdraw. I'm not confident he can take this mummy down on his own, and if he gets hit hard again he'll drop below 0 and then die via dropping out of rage. Not worth it, Azlan Tea.

Full withdraw, first 5' up and away and hopefully out of reach and then climb out of the water. If there is not a clear path away without eating an AOO from the mummy, then Silt will full attack instead and hope for the best. Once safe, he drops out of rage, dropping his HP to 17.

full attack:

Bite, power attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Harpoon continues to be paralyzed!

The green one attacks Purpose, but just flails wildly in the water!

slam!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
ouch!: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 and no Fort save because construct

Toby
Joli
Purpose
Harpoon
Silt

Green Azlan tea, -15 hp

Everyone is up!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt drage Harpoon out of the water and onto the floor, where it's safe.

strength: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Let friends fight, now.

heals 5; I feel like grabbing Riku and pulling him out is a full-round action..


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Purpose, Joli, come back up! I can shoot it from here!"

Toby takes aim and fires again, once again his blast turning to shards of ice upon hitting the water.

energy blast vs. touch, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 14 Durn.
cold damage, elem overflow: 4d6 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 4) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 19

This time, however, the bundle of ice loses cohesion almost immediately, failing to make it to the mummy with any sort of impact.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Poli Oqa strikes!

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Spiritual Weapon iterative: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 5 = 25
Force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Joli heals himself a bit.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby misses, while Poli strikes with one attack! Harpoon starts to get feeling back in his toes.

Purpose is up!

Toby
Joli
Purpose
Harpoon
Silt
Green Azlan tea, -22 hp


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche continues to hold the creature's attention while his friend recover.
Mirror Images: 4/5

First longsword attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 = 12
Second longsword attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 = 22
Confirm?: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 = 12 nope!

First attack damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Second attack damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Purpose scratches at the zombie, who lunges back, but flails again!

slam!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
ouch!: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Toby
Joli
Purpose
Harpoon
Silt

Green Azlan tea, -25 hp

Everyone is up, and Harpoon is no longer paralyzed!


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Seriously, get up here! I'll hit it eventually!"

energy blast vs. touch, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31
cold damage, elem overflow: 4d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 2) + 3 + 4 = 16 Empowered to 24 damage, half cold half piercing


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby does hit, but it’s still up!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli moves above the mummy and gives it a tongue lashing! 10 foot reach

Wave strike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Bludgeoning + 10' push: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

And then Poli Oqa strikes!

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Spiritual Weapon iterative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt pulls out a wand of cure light wounds and casts Barkskin on Harpoon. +3 Natural AC, heals 5


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”What terrifying creatures. I hate the water!”

Riku readies an attack should a mummy climb out near him.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby blasts the creature with an icy spray! Joli and Poli together finish it off.

Out of combat! Silt after a few rounds, you'll need to make one more Fort save!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli quickly searches the room.

Detect magic

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli searches the flooded room. On one of the shelves, a skeletal hand still wears a ring of protection +2. Furthermore, one of the mummified bodies clutches a candle of invocation. The light and acrobatic grippli then easily searches the upstairs room with the rotten floor. Rummaging through the items on the shelves, he finds a bottle of air, a block of incense of meditation, 2 oils of align weapon (law), 4 oils of magic weapon, 3 oils of protection from chaos, 3 oils of resist energy (electricity), 5 oils of shield of faith (CL 6th), 3 oils of touch of the sea, 3 oils of water breathing, and a platinum pitcher shaped like a giant bee (worth 2,500 gp).

Joli doesn't know what all the items are, necessarily, but I assume Purpose will immediately identify them.

And Silt feels fine!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

The Azlan Tea: taste almost as bad as rass berries of old legend.

Once healed up, Silt asks, Where now, Purpose? at this point resting may not be a bad idea. Feeling kind of beat up, not sure about the rest of you


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku slips on his new ring of protection.

”A rest would be nice. Perhaps the clockworks can keep watch for us.”


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Aoinse is grateful for the assistance you've given her so far, and she is happy to keep watch or program the clockwork servant to do so.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli sees his friends' fatigue and begins the process of healing them. "Let us take our rest and fortify our position. I will consult the spirits of my clan for their advice."

He searches for a vessel into which he can summon water and proceeds to bathe Iggy and his own head. The voices of his extended family fill his ears as he prays.

Changing Wandering Spirit to Tribe

I believe 39 was the total damage that Joli's fleshy friends took during the mummy fight. He will use two CMW and two CLW charges to heal up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

A bit of an embellishment to my last post, since I didn't realize we'd level so soon!

Unable to find a suitable vessel, Joli returns to the room once occupied by mummies. Iggy wriggles from beneath his tricorn hat and disappears into the water's murk while Joli sings his prayers, eyes closed.

After some time, he hears a familiar, beloved woman's voice. "You have traveled far, little tadpole. Ignasi tells me that your noble ancestors gather around you, lending their strength. It will be needed with what's to come. And to their loyalty I add these many gifts. Vision of the depths. A tsunami's force. A friend familiar to you, yet more... Well, he'll explain. Open your eyes, little prince."

Joli opens his eyes, gazing into water that was once murky to him. Through it he sees, then feels the vibrations of, something unexpected...

Level 9:

Shaman Level 8

Favored Class: add Resist Energy, Communal to spell list

+1 BAB
+1 Will

Skills (6 ranks):
+1 Acrobatics
+1 Diplomacy
+1 Perception
+1 Sense Motive
+1 Swim
+1 Use Magic Device

Spells:
+1 3rd level slot
+1 4th level slot

Greater Spirit Ability:
• water blast cone 3x/day (5d4 on land, 10d6 in water; 1d4 rds in between)
• 30 foot tremorsense in water
• +2 level to offensive shaman abilities, water spells (from +1)

Hex:
• Murksight (see through murk, mist, fog, etc.)

Feat:
• Improved familiar (tidepool dragon)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Tidepool Dragon HP 35/35 | AC 19 T 18 FF 13 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, SM: +14 | Breath: 2d6 steam, DC 13 | Melee: Bite, claws: +8, 1d3

"I'm gonna miss your head, my prince. It's so soft and warm under that hat. But I'm glad I can finally stretch my wings a bit."

Instead of an octopus, Joli sees a little drake. Iggy, he infers, flaps its wings, sending it jetting through the water at an impressive speed. It sends a blast of steam into the water to warm the frog prince up.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby twitches as he dreams, muted woof's escaping his lips as he dreams. In the middle of the night he wakes, his mind racing, and walks to a corner of the room. A feint glow and the sound of midnight surf crashing gently on the shore echo through the room as he once again draws a blade from the nothingness between his hands. This time, though, he keeps pulling, and is surprised when the blade grows and becomes flexible, like a lash. A determined look crosses his face as he smiles, then dismisses the weapon and returns to his bed.

I knew it!

Level 9 highlights:

- Blast damage 5d6
- Max elem. overflow +3/+6
- Kinetic whip infusion
- Maximize metakinesis (though I think Empowered may still be better).
- Iron Will feat


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

After dinner, Toby sits and chats with Joli for a while, occassionally glancing back at the rest of the party. Later, as the group prepares for bed, he strolls over to Silt. He unties the headband and pulls it off his brow, holding it out to the big locathah. "I'm not sure I really understand, but Joli said this might help you. You should take it; I don't think I really need it any more. It was more of a security blanket anyway, y'know? Something to make me feel stronger? Anyway, I'll be fine with out it, so if it will help you, you can use it."

If Silt wants it, Toby will give him his headband of inspired wisdom +2. It was just a Will-save booster for Toby, and since he took Iron Will at this level, his Will save is up to his level now, even without the headband. If it will give Silt access to higher-level spells, then it's much better used with him.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Silt grins at Toby. Silt was wondering… and an answer comes. Friends know best.

He blushes a little. Here, I was making this. The shape in the coral called to me, and I thought of you. He hands Toby a piece of coral he had been carving while they camp. It's of a dog blasting apart what looks like a tangle of weeds — likely rass berries. The dog and the target are deep red coral, but the blast connecting the two is a brilliant, icy blue.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Wow, that's so cool! Thanks, Silt!"


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Leveled up:

Level up:

Feat: Vital Strike
Level 5 spell: Wall of Rass Berries [AKA Thorns]
Skills: +1 perc, +1 survival, + 1 Handle Animal

Daily Spells & Abilities:

Prepared Spells
0: Create Water, Guidance, Know Direction, Stabilize
1: Cloak of Shade, Faerie Fire, Stone Shield, Stone Shield, Thunderstomp, True Strike [D]
2: Barkskin, Barkskin, Ironskin, Ironsin, Vine Strike, True Strike [D]
3: Greater Longstrider, Greater Magic Fang, Resist Energy (Communal), Sky Swim, Bull's Strength [D]
4: Freedom of Movement, Strong Jaw, Inflict critical wounds [D]
5: Stoneskin, Inflict critical wounds [D]

Abilities
Destructive Smite +4: 6/6
Wild Shape: 3/3 (8 hours)
Destructive Aura: 9/9
Rage: 9/9


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli fidgets a bit as his friends finish their morning rituals the next morning. Once Toby is awake, he gives his sitting friend a pat on the shoulder. "My great-grandfather whispered to me last night. He praised your courage and says he stands with you today."

On your first Will save of the day you can use Joli’s bonus, +11.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

As the party readied itself to move forward into the complex, Joli moves quietly along the wall to the last door above water. C4 He listens intently.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

As is his custom, Purpose Creche keeps watch near Joli while the grippli sleeps. His thin, crossed legs emerge from the dark leather of his coat, almost reminiscent of a two-handled umbrella.
His implements are arrayed before him. He considers them one by one, sweeping his awareness back and forth across the collection: smoke, ash, movement, conviction

Protect them now. Time later to set a course.

9th level highlights:

—I have constant see invisibility! (as long as I put 9 mental focus in my divination implement, anyways)
—I can telekinesis things
—I can move mental focus between implements without losing points, so hopefully that gives me some flexibility!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli peeks into C4.

Battered steel chests lie scattered across the floor of this vault, their contents strewn throughout the room. The thick stone walls are reinforced with steel bars and look nearly impenetrable, but the door to the vault has been torn off the hinges.

The way the coins and other valuables are scattered suggests that whoever looted the place must have grabbed only the most obviously valuable items but was in too much of a hurry to be thorough, leaving a considerable amount of treasure strewn throughout the room.

Joli notices that the coins and other valuables strewn about seem unnaturally lustrous.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli looks torqued the water nearby to see if the party is being watched. Then he sings as quietly as Jalaijatali will permit before scanning for magic in the room.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

It seems that the faceless stalkers Purpose spotted early grew bored of waiting for you to walk into their trap, and have moved elsewhere.

There is quite a bit of money on the ground, but it does not seem magical. The only magical aura Joli detects are coming from a small pewter box in the northeast corner of the room.

Anyone else coming in the room?


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche points a questioning finger towards the box and cocks his head. If Joli gives the assent, he crosses the room to examine the box.
Heightened awareness and my mirror image contingency thing active, plus the constant see invisibility!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt will go in, if there's room.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"What is it? Is it locked? Want me to open it?" Toby seems excited to start the new day and is eager to help.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli walks forward cautiously alongside Purpose, eyes peeled for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28

Iggy flutters rather expansively on the grippli’s shoulder.

4,201 to 4,250 of 4,604 << first < prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.