GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed)

Game Master Kate Baker


4,101 to 4,150 of 4,604 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>

N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 = 29
Fancy defenses and fancy attack?

Purpose Creche flits around the northeast pillar and up into the air.

"Lightning elementals." He shares his knowledge of the creatures before loosing an arrow at Riku's huge assailant.

+1 longbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Purpose knows that they have DR/-. They find it easier to hit creatures with metal, either armor or weapons.

Silt hits three times, but doesn't do quite as much damage as he expected. Purpose's arrow strikes true, but does no damage.

Harpoon is up!


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

-38hp

The Harpoon steps to the elemental and full attacks!

Wap! Wap! Kra-Kow!"

Punch 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Harpoon Kick: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Punch 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Harpoon hits three times! Though, he doesn't do quite as much damage as normal. Harpoon, I think you also heal up a little from Joli.

The remaining two elementals attack!

The yellow one hits Silt twice again:

slam, vs metal sword: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 3 = 17
ouch!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 bludgeoning plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 electricity

slam, vs metal sword: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 3 = 30
ouch!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 bludgeoning plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity

And the huge one hits Riku twice again:

slam, vs metal armor: 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 3 = 23
ouch!: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14 bludgeoning plus 1d8 ⇒ 4 electricity

slam, vs metal armor: 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 3 = 24
ouch!: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12 bludgeoning plus 1d8 ⇒ 5 electricity

Toby
Yellow Bolt, -32 hp
Huge Bolt, -23 hp
Purpose
Silt
Joli
Harpoon


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

You can almost hear the roar of surf crashing as Toby shouts "leave my friends alone!" He steps forward, drawing the splattered water from his last shot back to him before redirecting it at the huge elemental. 5ft step, gather power, empowered blast.

kinetic blast, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17
damage, elem overflow: 4d6 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 1) + 10 + 4 = 28 Empowered to 42 if that hits.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt doesn't have his sword out, but the one will still hit!

Silt flies into a rage, confused by the mission and frustrated at the fact this electrical being is able to hit him so easily!

Bite, power attack, furious focus, smite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

SILT WILL FREE YOU, CIRCLET


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli winces some more as Toby, Silt, and Riku knit together a bit more.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch. Rillsong, ancestors, is this really the best idea?"

He heals himself some more and moves further into the room.

-6 hp


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche arrows are all but dissolved by the nearest huge elemental's crackling corona.

First longbow shot: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Second longbow shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

First shot damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Second shot damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby misses, but Silt tears the yellow elemental apart! Joli continues healing, while Purpose zings the huge one for a little bit of damage.

Harpoon is still up!

Toby
Huge Bolt, -25 hp
Purpose
Silt
Joli
Harpoon


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

The Harpoon full attacks again!

Punch 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Harpoon Kick: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Punch 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The huge elemental rages as the Harpoon punches it!

It strikes back.

slam, vs metal armor: 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 3 = 35
ouch!: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11 bludgeoning plus 1d8 ⇒ 5 electricity

I believe that takes the Harpoon down, so it then moves toward Silt.

Toby
Huge Bolt, -32 hp
Purpose
Silt
Joli
Harpoon


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Riku! No!" Once again the sound of pounding waves carries with Toby's voice as he runs forward to get a clean shot, unleashing a mighty torrent at the huge creature. Accepting one burn to empower.

kinetic blast, pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 31
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 10 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 5) + 10 + 1 + 4 = 26 Empowered to 39 damage.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

DIE CIRCLET

Silt, still raging, 5-foot steps up and full attacks.

Bite, power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby sends a powerful blast that wipes out some of the elemental's form. Silt follows up with a bite and claw that cause it to completely dissipate.

Out of combat, Harpoon down!

Now cleared of the excess energy, the equipment starts humming along. Lights start to turn on throughout the facility.


Silt rushes over to help the Harpoon!

casts stabilize if needed


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli continues to jerk a bit in pain as the others continue healing.

How much more do you all need, 5 hp at a time?


Assuming silt just healed 5, he needs 4 more rounds (20 more hp).


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Just 3 hp for Toby this round.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

79 hp (Riku) + 3 hp (Toby) + 20 hp (Silt) => 102 hp / 12 = 8 CMW (96) + 1 CLW (5)


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Um....are you feeling alright Joli? You don't sound so good..."


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"I’d feel better if Riku would try to avoid their blows instead of walking into them." Joli laughs as he winces.


Silt sighs. These Azlan chores, great trouble. Should we sleep?


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"I've no need just yet, goodly Silt. Let's see what more we can find above the water, no?" Joli moans a bit more as Riku's pain continues to channel into him. "Perhaps tomorrow's spirit will be less of a masochist..."


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku rises to his feet, brushing off his shi tagi kimono jacket.

"That was a close one. Good work to all." He gives Joli a nod of appreciation. "We are strongest together."

Hands pressed to his sides, Riku bows toward the area where the elemental dissipated.

Tian:
"Bottled lightening
Millennia of impatience
Now we have light."


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche stands close while his Joli's body serves as a supernatural conduit. Once the grippli has stabilized, he goes to see what has changed with the ancient pillars.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Purpose examines the pillars, which seem to be functioning now. During his investigation, he finds a ring and a mechanical spider.

minor ring of resistance (electricity)

brass spider


Silt blinks in the bright light. Purpose, where to next?


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Whoah, cool! Let me see that!" Toby eagerly begins examining the spider, figuring out how it work, then looking around for something to test it on.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”I could find something like that to be useful,” Riki says of the ring, somewhat ashamed.

Riku will follow the party’s lead as to where to go next.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

You head into the room with the clockworks.

The walls of this gear-shaped room have seven alcoves, each five feet deep and fitted with a horizontal metal shaft. Each of the hollow, cylindrical shafts has six notches cut around the outer edge. In three of the alcoves stands a trio of intricately sculpted metal statues, one in each alcove.

DC 25 Craft (clockwork) or Knowledge (arcana or engineering):
When a clockwork creature runs low on energy, it can place itself in a winding dock and pull a lever that inserts a key into a slot in the creature’s back. The key starts rotating, winding up the creature’s clockwork mechanism. A winding station also makes it possible to run automated program updates—when a clockwork creature returns to the winding station to be wound, while it is docked it also receives new instructions if the controller has supplied new programming.

The clockworks respond as you walk in. The ones on the left and middle shout in Azlanti "Defend the temple! Defend the temple!"

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
clockwork mage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
clockwork servant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
clockwork soldier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Initiative
Harpoon
Purpose

Clockwork servant
Toby
Joli
Clockwork mage
Clockwork soldier
Silt


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Knowledge (arcana), heightened awareness, sudden insight: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 28
A little metagame-y, but I'm a construct and so are they—they're immune to nonlethal damage. Is there a way we could subdue them so that we can then rewind them with new instructions?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

You'll probably need Aoinse to reprogram them since none of you have Craft (clockwork). If we want to run this a little more narratively, you could back out and block the door while someone retrieves Aoinse. The clockwork servant is not trying to kill you right now, so it wouldn't do anything on its turn. You will have to figure out a way to hold them still while she reprograms them, though.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku is happy to carry Aoinse over so she can help reporogram the constructs. Riku would rather not destroy them. They seem valuable and useful.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt will block the door. The scrag puts his full weight against the door (assuming it opens out :)


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche pats Silt on the arm before scurrying off with the others to retrieve Aoinse.

"We need your help reprogramming constructs. If I understand correctly they can be made nonaggressive."[b] He explains his deductions to the ancient being.
[b]"There are three construct. Riku and Silt will restrain two. Joli will lock the other away behind a wall of ice. We can then carry you to the mechanism. Once altered we can dock the constructs and alter them."

What rolls/checks would you like us to make, Kate?
If I can help Aoinse's mobility I'll do that, though I'm small and only have Str 12. Otherwise—

Aid Another for grapple:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"Oh dear. I suspect my former masters commanded them to defend the temple at all costs, and their attacking you was an unintended consequence. I will assist you by reprogramming them."

The group, with Aoinse in tow, returns to the winding room, where Silt holds the door shut. When the doors open, the clockwork soldier and mage are waiting for you. The clockwork servant remains in its nook.

Using the initiative order from before.

Aoinse: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Initiative
Harpoon
Purpose

Clockwork servant
Aoinse
Toby
Joli
Clockwork mage
Clockwork soldier
Silt


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Can Silt cast a Bull's strength while holding the door?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Sure thing! There would have been a minute or two there.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche waits for the others to enter before helping Aoinse into the room.
Delaying until after Silt! Or whenever Aoinse wants to move, I guess.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Once the doors are open, Riku moves in a fires his harpoon leg at the clockwork mage.

”I’ll grab the caster!”

Harpoon Leg: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Grapple on a hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Although the attack is successful, Riku is not able to grapple the clockwork creature.

The clockwork servant does nothing.

Aoinse hops forward.

Initiative
Harpoon
Purpose
Clockwork servant, delayed
Aoinse
Toby
Joli

Clockwork mage
Clockwork soldier
Silt

Toby and Joli are up.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Ack! Slippery thing, huh?" Toby sprays ice at the ground beneath the two constructs' feet, causing it to become slippery!

Effectively grease for one round. DC 17 Reflex saves.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Retconning Aoinse; she delays for now.

Soldier Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Mage Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

They remain standing.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli sings a frosty tune and a thick sheet of ice springs up, dividing the room in two.

Ice Wall

He then moves out of line of sight of the crackling clockwork mage.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The clockwork mage glows and a large ball of fire appears.

kaboom!: 9d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 2, 3, 6, 1) = 26 fire damage

DC 14 Reflex save for half from everyone but Joli!

Aoinse Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Aoinse calls out, "I am here, too! Watch out for your fellow constructs!"

The clock soldier marches forward and challenges Silt.

halberd: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
ouch!: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Initiative
Harpoon
Clockwork servant, delayed
Aoinse
Toby
Joli
Clockwork mage
Clockwork soldier
Silt
Purpose

Aoinse, -13 hp


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Reflex (>= 3 burn): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Forum ate my old post :( I rolled a 17 on the Reflex save
Purpose Creche shields Aoinse from the flames then helps her move towards the closest alcove. Using a focus power if the soldier takes an AoO; he’d have to hit a 25 AC


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Silt 5' steps back and readies an action to cast True Strike on the Harpoon once he has the leg back. He draws his greatsword, hoping metal can fight metal.

Readied action: true strike when the Harpoon's leg is wound up.

Stay close, Riku — Silt will help you grab the fire-thrower!

concentration check, if needed:

concentration, desperate focus DC 17: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 16
gaahhhhh


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Well, it takes Riku a standard to reload the grapple...

4,101 to 4,150 of 4,604 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.