GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Kate Baker


4,051 to 4,100 of 4,604 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>

Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli listens and eventually asks, "What is your last memory? Do you remember the great sundering of Azlant? The rivalry with the aboleths? Much has changed since then."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt toys with a piece of scrap metal and then drops it with a clang. He tries to smile at the strange metallic creature, then goes to the door and stands guard outside, looking for intruders.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Aoinse answers. "I remember the cataclysm. It was late afternoon. The sky was on fire and rocks burned through the atmosphere on their way to the ground. There were earthquakes and forest fires. The Kelveth River that flowed between Shaval-Kehn and Kalas-Ti was choked with burning debris. It swelled beyond its banks and rushed back upstream. Ash and deadly gases filled the air, killing many of the priests. Some of them were able to leave the cathedral in time, but since they never returned, I can only assume they perished, too. I couldn’t feel my connection to Amaznen—I still cannot—and I suspect it was the same for the other priests."

She looks down at her missing leg. "I think my body was damaged when the cataclysm occurred. Apparently, someone brought me here; this is where the priests stored malfunctioning servants."

"Are any of you skilled in the repair of clockwork? If not, perhaps you could find another clockwork servant to help me." She looks around at the dimmed lights. "It would help a lot if you could power up the cathedral's ioun circuitry to get all the systems in here running again." She gestures toward Room C11.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Kelveth River. Shaval-Kehn. Kalas-Ti. Amaznen. What can you." Purpose Creche pauses, looks to his friends, and turns back to Aoinse. "I have many questions. But time is short. We must help our friends."

"If we help you can you help us. Tell us more about this place." He mimics her gesture. "Tell us how to repair the circuitry. We will start."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"The power generator units must be malfunctioning after such a long time of disuse. There are three seismic power generators. The generators were designed to trap energy resulting from the planet’s rotation and other vibrations of the earth’s crust, using ioun circuitry to convert this mechanical energy into magical energy. This magical energy is then stored and used to power the cathedral’s magi-technological system. The cylinder in the middle is the largest and the main generator, while the two smaller cylinders act as auxiliary generators. I don't know what's wrong with it without looking."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Silt narrows his eyes. Generations steal the strength from the ground? Azlan Tea should put back, if they take. If not, one day dirt will get tired, and stop making nice tubers.

He turns to Purpose. Purpose, will fixing circlets help our friends? Silt thinks this is not a good time for shiny head decorations.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli bobs his head back and forth as if weighing the options. "Aoinse, if we do this now, would you be able to help us as we attempt to free our fellows? We’ll aid you anyway, but we must think of our strength as we work to free them."

Diplomacy if helpful: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"Certainly, though I can no longer cast spells, with my connection to Amaznen gone."


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"Perhaps there are younger gods who might hear your prayers. I am sorry for your loss. I do not know what I would do without the song of Jalaijatali."

Joli turns to Silt. "If Onthooth has been able to bend the will of so many of our people, it would be good to have even more allies who can resist their control."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This one can resist? Why is this so, Joli? I see broken things here that should have died long ago. What is broken may be weak. Friends suffer, and this one would have us lighting a broken temple to dead azlan. For friends to see their suffering better? Cruelty. Let broken things lie, while friends die!

Silt is just confused by all the circuits/circlets and generators and technobabel, and sees no reason to trust this creature. Further, he sees no reason why running repair missions matters when friends are trapped nearby. It seems like more delay. He will go along with it if everyone wants, tbough.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Purpose asks about the flooded rooms and she explains what was back there.

"Oh, what a shame it's flooded." She points to the C5 hallway. "That leads to the colannade: a row of statues. The priests would gather to talk to one another in the gaps between the columns, leaving the space between the columns and the walls clear for people walking by. That leads to an offering hall, where visitors deposited coins and other valuables in hopes that they would receive oracular advice from Amaznen, be graced with his guidance in research or construction efforts, or otherwise have their work looked upon favorably. You can get from there to the sanctuary. It's in the shape of a cog."

She points to the other hallway. "That direction takes you to the statues of the Pantheon and the Hall of the Heroine."

She pauses. "The only way to find your friends is to start looking. You should know that there are secret areas within the cathedral. The priests were always so secretive about them that even I don’t know where they are."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli listens to Aoinse carefully before replying to Silt. "My friend, I believe the magic that allows an aboleth to dominate fleshy creatures does not work on constructed souls like Purpose and Aoinse. They may be harmed in other ways, but we can trust them to be free of that sort of influence."

He considers for a moment.

"We've seen that Onthooth — I assume it's the leader here, at least — has no qualms about using the settlers as shields. If that's the case, I suspect it would also gladly threaten death upon them if we meet it face to face. We have great strength of arms, but saving our new countryfolk may take a more careful approach."

He shakes his head in sorrow.

"It seems Onthooth likes to play with its captives. The harm to their spirits must have already been great. However, they would be dead already if that served its purpose. Better for us to act with an urgent sense of care, to ensure they survive."


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby's face falls at Silt's reminder that they have more important tasks than tinkering with ancient clockwork. "So what's our next step then?"


Silt will go where Purpose thinks it best. this stuff seems like Purpose's jam, so happy to follow!


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

"Once we have freed Carver and the villagers, I would like to come back to this workshop and learn more."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche considers his friends' responses before offering his own.

"Ah. A number of things to discuss."

"First. Silt." He turns to the locathah and extends a cupped hand. "Remember that the Azlanti are an ancient people. Not a beverage plant. And those people did not steal from the earth. The generators diverted a fraction of the immense force generated by the planet. They converted that force into more easily usable energy."
"Imagine you are by the sea. Hot. A long day." He pinches the thumb and forefinger of his other hand and dips them into the other palm. "You take a handful of soothing brine to clean yourself." He releases his fingers over the apex of his smooth wooden head. "The water falls to the shore. It runs soon after to the ocean."
"The Azlanti didn't threaten any tubers. Their use of the earth is like a handful of water compared to the vast sea. And they did not remove anything. All cycles back."

"Further. Joli is correct. Aoinse and I. Our minds are different. This pains me. It complicates my life. But our mental pathways. The way we think. Imagine a guarded bay. A tide pool. An unfamiliar waterway. If you were a deep ocean fish in a shallow area. It would be hard to find food. Know where to hide. How to escape or fight new predators." He flails his hands to pantomime the clash of two piscine bodies. "Onthooth's control is like the deep ocean fish. Our minds are the tidal pools. They are so different that the aboleth cannot navigate them. Its attempts to control us will die. Dry up when the tide recedes. Invisible worms caught in the seaside sun."

"I can explain more later." He cocks his head. "If you have questions."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Now." He nods stiffly at Joli. "He is correct. It's unlikely Ontthooth will kill our friends. He has some other purpose. And even if he would. We gain much more by being careful. By moving through this facility with cautious and consideration."

"Aoinse. If there are others like you," he says, stopping to lift a clockwork chestpiece, ""would they help us. If they can help repair you. Maybe they will help us remove the ugothols. Or find our friends. Find the location of secret passages." He taps a finger against the ancient metal. "If they have helpful intent. Or can be convinced to help." He taps again, harder. "They could help us rescue our friends."

He looks to his companions once more. "I am eager to learn more about the Azlanti. This place is a wonder. But we have other priorities. And I think using this place will help us achieve them. Repairing the generators and circuits." Without turning, he wafts a hand at Silt. "Not generations and circlets."

"Fixing them could help us. Reveal new passages. Release power we could tap. Surprise the ugothols."

He snaps the hand shut. "Surprise. Like an eel lunging from beneath a rock."


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Before leaving the room, Purpose Creche asks Aoinse about any defenses, useful devices, or potential dangers that repairing the generators might activate. He also makes sure to ask about armories or any other potentially helpful supplies that might still be in the cathedral.

"Let's investigate the generators." He coaxes a ribbon of smoke from the prayerbook before they leave. Refreshing heightened awareness—I think see invisibility is probably still up.

I vote we head to the generator room in C11!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"I am different from the other clockworks. I served astronomer-priest Imosele, and she wished me to be less easily controlled like all the other clockworks, which can be wound up and reprogrammed at the winding station."

Folks trained in Knowledge (Arcana) think that she is awakened.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Silt nods. Silt does not understand these "cir-kits" and "generation-tors," but I like the way you think, Purpose. Like the Surprise Karl. Good. C11!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

You head into C11. Three fifteen-foot-tall cylinders of polished bronze each stand on a dais in this long, curved room. The bronze shells look sturdy and heavy, and sizzling arcs of lightning can be seen and heard dancing along the surfaces of the containers. Silvery lines set into the floor connect these containers, and tiny embedded crystals pulsate with a dim light every few seconds.

You can see dim waves of light coursing outward from each of the three power units through the ioun circuitry in the floor, but each pulse of energy stops at the levers installed on the wall near the power units.

DC 20 Knowledge (Arcana) or Engineering:
You think that the generator overloaded and automatically shut down in order to prevent a catastrophic system failure during the heavy seismic activity of Earthfall. Opening the containers should vent the excess energy and restart the system, but will also result in a violent burst unless you jury-rig the ioun circuitry so that the excess energy is released slowly.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche kneels to inspect the circuitry, watching the wavers of light fade as they nears the walls. He follows them to the levers, examines them, then turns to look at the bronze pillars.

"Some kind of failsafe. Aoinse spoke of earthquakes during Earthfall. They must have overloaded the circuit. Put it into this holding pattern for millennia."

He paces over to the pillars. "Opening them should release energy. Clear the failsafe. But doing so will be dangerous. Unless." He kneels again to tap at the silvery lines.

Any kind of check we need to make to keep the circuitry from overloading, or do we need to find more info before we can attempt it?
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 = 23


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Woah, cool!" Toby says, running forward to get a closer look. "Have these been running all this time?!"


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"It seems so. They were built to draw power from the world's rotation. A steady source."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Disable Device or Use Magic Device to jury-rig the devices.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli takes a few moments to anoint each of his friends with water as he sings to their spirits.

Reestablish Life Link


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

"Who understands what to do with these?" As Joli anoints him, Riku adds, "We should be careful, as water and lightning do not mix."


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"They mix very well, actually." Joli smiles. "As do metal legs."


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Maybe this." Purpose Creche alters some of the silver tracery.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Hmm...


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Ooh, or this!" Toby begins pulling on things.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

This is a check the GM would allow you to take 10 on...


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

I do that! That’s a 25, plus potential aid?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

What do you know, that's enough!

Purpose and Toby take a moment to study the circuitry. They tap and prod and poke and loosen parts. They think they have successfully altered the device to vent slowly.

There are levers in three of the corners of the room.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

"I'm happy to use my strength to help," Riku says.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

I'm assuming there's a level near each of the pillars, ish?

"Well done Toby. You have deft hands."

Purpose Creche cocks his head back and forth as he scrutinizes the levers. "I presume these will restore normal energy flow. Perhaps restoring it to the outer pillars first. Then the middle." He looks to his friends. "You might want to leave the room. If this goes wrong you could get hurt. Riku. If I can't flip them I might need your help."

Assuming I have it all correct, I'll flip left pillar, right pillar, then middle pillar levers!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Purpose flips each lever in succession, and nothing happens!


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Hm." He tries again, this time with a different order.

...huh. I guess flip 'til something hapepns? As a player, I don't really have other ideas! Are there connections that lead out to other rooms, maybe?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

They may have set up the system so one person couldn't do this alone.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche calls over Riku and Silt, the former having offered help and the latter being the least fragile of his friends.

"Let's pull them simultaneously." He shifts his head slightly towards Silt. "At the same time. On three. One. Two."

"Three." He flips the switch.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

As Purpose, Riku, and Silt prepare to flip the switches, Toby turns to Joli. "Hey, could you hit me with that wand while we're waiting?" I don't think we took any time to heal after that fight.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt kicks his switch. on the map!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Good call on healing:

Scavenger's stone: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Scavenger's stone: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Scavenger's stone: 1d6 ⇒ 2
thbpbpbpbpbpbpt


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

With a loud metallic screech, the bronze containers start opening, revealing a system of clockworks, coils, springs, and crankshafts. Arcs of electricity begin to discharge from each container, and little by little, the clockwork gears start turning, shafts start moving back and forth, and coils start buzzing with energy. Inside each of the three containers, electricity starts converging into vaguely humanoid forms that sizzle with energy and seethe with rage.

Auran:
"We have been in there for so long! We are finally free! Now we want to beat somebody up!"

DC 15 Knowledge (planes):
These are lightning elementals!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The creatures seethe in anger and move to attack!

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
huge bolt: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
yellow bolt: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
orange bolt: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Toby
Yellow Bolt
Orange Bolt
Huge Bolt
Purpose
Silt
Joli
Harpoon


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Ahh! What the heck are those!?"

Seeing the obvious anger in the creatures' movements, Toby steps forward, drawing water toward himself before firing it in a torrent toward the nearest of the creatures. Usual plan: 5ft step, gather power, empowered physical blast.

kinetic blast, pbs, elem overflow vs. (flat-footed) orange: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 20
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 10 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 4) + 10 + 1 + 4 = 26 Empowered to 39 damage.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The orange one shrieks and moves toward Toby!

slam, vs metal armor: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 3 = 33
ouch!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 bludgeoning plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity

The yellow one hits Silt twice:

slam, vs metal sword?: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 3 = 31
ouch!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 bludgeoning plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 electricity

slam, vs metal sword?: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 3 = 34
ouch!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 bludgeoning plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 electricity

(If Silt does not have his sword out, then the attack rolls are three lower.)

And the huge one hits Riku twice:

slam, vs metal armor: 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 3 = 38
ouch!: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12 bludgeoning plus 1d8 ⇒ 7 electricity

slam, vs metal armor: 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 3 = 29
ouch!: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 = 12 bludgeoning plus 1d8 ⇒ 7 electricity

Toby
Yellow Bolt
Orange Bolt
Huge Bolt
Purpose
Silt
Joli
Harpoon


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby's fur stands on end as the electrified slam lands home. "Ow! Grrrrr!" He steps forward, drawing a watery mace from one hand and swinging it twice! 5ft step, full attack.

kinetic blade, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22
damage: 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 4) + 10 = 23
kinetic blade (iterative), elem overflow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
damage: 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 4) + 10 = 23


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby takes it down! (Despite not dealing full damage on his attacks.)


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli grunts as each of his friends' wounds knit together a bit.

5 hp on your turn

He waits for the full brunt to hit him (delay until after Riku), takes out the wand and heals himself a bit.

-15 + 12 = -3 hp


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt laughs sadly. These Azlan wonders— just more things in cages!

He returns the favor in kind:

Bite, power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

4,051 to 4,100 of 4,604 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.