GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Kate Baker


3,901 to 3,950 of 4,604 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>

Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

I accidentally listed 5's damage on 7. It's corrected now.

5 and 6 both launch javelins at Joli, then move in, drawing longswords.

5 attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
ouch!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

6 attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
ouch!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

7 and 8 drops their javelins and draw their swords, attacking Silt!

7 attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

8 attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Initiative!
Joli
Harpoon
Purpose

Stalker 5, -30 hp, 6 NL
Stalker 6
Stalker 7, -36 hp
Stalker 8
Silt
Toby

Remember that rubble is difficult terrain!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt drops the greatsword and tears into the wormsies, starting with #7.

Bite, power attack, furious focus, haste, high ground: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 26

Claw, power attack, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 15

Claw, power attack, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 23

Bite, power attack, haste, high ground: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 18

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

The javelins bounce off of Joli's mithral shirt. He returns the compliment with a shift and another dart of his tongue.

Wave strike: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20 Moved on map
NL + 5' + Fort 18 or prone: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

His loyal ancestor continues their assault.

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 v. AC -4 if prone?
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Spiritual weapon iterative: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 5 = 27
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Confirm?: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 5 = 20
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby moves forward, blasting at the nearest stalker as he goes. He makes no effort to take any cover, just howls in rage as the torrent pours out of his outstretched arms. Move forward, accepting one burn to empower.

kinetic blast vs. #6, pbs, elem overflow, haste: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 33
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 10 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2, 5, 1) + 10 + 1 + 4 = 29 Empowered to 43 damage.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli's tumble check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche drifts upwards and fire two more glittering arrows. 45 ft. up now!
Targeting #7 first, or if Silt took it down, #8. If both are down then I think I can hit #5 or #6 - depends on how tall the supine statue is.

First longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 22
Second longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 29
Hasted longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 26

First shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 4 = 8
Second shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1, 1) + 4 = 11
Hasted shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5, 2) + 4 = 13


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt's first attack finishes off 7! The next claw misses, but the last two attacks strike the remaining stalker!

Joli's nonlethal attack leaves Stalker #5 unconscious! His spiritual weapon goes on to attack #6.

Toby sends a powerful blast of water that finishes #6 off!

Purpose hits #8, and his first arrow takes it down!

Initiative!
Joli
Harpoon
Purpose
Silt
Toby

Remaining in initiative! You all have one round.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt picks up the greatsword and moves to the end of the statue, looking for more enemies coming up the stairs.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli leaps to the other stairwell, ready to sic his ancestor on any foe that appears.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 12 = 45

Readied action:

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku moves closer to the stairs. Double move.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby moves to the podium at by the statue's feet and tries to climb up.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The water dripping from his body ruins his grip, though, and he's not able to scrabble up.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche swoops over and lands on the pedestal. He leans down to offer Toby a hand up.
"Well done. You feel very protective of Talmandor's Bounty."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Four more faceless stalkers run out! These ones look different and meaner! Joli's spiritual weapon attacks the first one.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Two successfully climb up on the pedestal while the others scrabble, and all four draw fierce-looking curved swords.

Initiative!
Harpoon
Purpose
Silt
Toby
Joli

7, -10 hp
8
9
10


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Frustrated at his inability to climb the pedestal, Toby moves to get a clear shot and blasts at the nearest approaching creature, a menacing growl echoing through the ruins. Once he has a clear shot, he unleashes another torrent of water.

kinetic blast vs. 7, pbs, elem overflow, haste: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 28
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 10 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 4) + 10 + 1 + 4 = 30


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt drops down from the statue and snarls arrogantly at the Faceless stalkers as he provokes attacks from #9, #8, and #7 with the intention to help his friends savely move around these creatures with extraordinary reach.

if the third one hits, or a single hit does more than 20 damage, he will use a Stone Shield as an immediate action to prevent the next stalker's attack, giving him 29 AC.

He swings the greatsword, shouting a word in Aquan as he does so:

+1 seaborne greatsword, power attack, furious focus, destructive smite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

slashing, magical: 3d6 + 21 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 21 = 30

Daily Spells & Abilities:

Prepared Spells
0: Create Water, Guidance, Know Direction, Stabilize
1: Cloak of Shade, Faerie Fire, Stone Shield, Stone Shield, Thunderstomp, True Strike [D]
2: Barkskin, Barkskin, Gust of Wind, Ironskin, True Strike [D]
3: Greater Longstrider, Greater Magic Fang, Wind Wall, Bull's Strength [D]
4: Echolocation, Strong Jaw, Bull's Strength [D]

Abilities
Destructive Smite: 5/5
Wild Shape: 3/3 (8 hours)
Destructive Aura: 8/8
Destructive Smite: 4/5
Rage: 8/8


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt is also swinging at #7, it so happens. If it's not up he'll land 5' to the right swinging at #10.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Three lash out at Silt as he moves by!

AoO from 7: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
ouch!: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 = 13

AoO from 8: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
ouch!: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

AoO from 9: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
ouch!: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14

confirm AoO from 7?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
ouch!: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

confirm AoO from 9?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
ouch!: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13

Toby and Silt together take out #7!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli steps to the side and lashes out (#8).

Wave Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
NL + 5' + Fort DC 18 or prone: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He asks his ancestor to join him, to little effect.

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Number 8 gets pushed off the pedestal!

falling damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 -> it hurts a little!

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Still standing!


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku moves beside Silt and fires his grapple leg at #8!

Harpoon leg: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Grapple check on a hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche darts backwards and unleashed a volley of arrows at the closest ugothol. (#9!)

First longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 32
Second longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 20
Haste longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 23

First shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) + 4 = 18
Second shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) + 4 = 9
Haste shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) + 4 = 14


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Riku's aim is true, but the wily stalker isn't grappled!

Purpose hits with all three shots!

8 moves forward and attacks Riku!

#8, falchion attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
ouch!: 1d24 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

9 makes a full attack on Joli!
#9, falchion attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
ouch!: 1d24 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

#9, falchion attack confirm?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
extra ouch!: 1d24 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

#9, slam attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
ouch!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

10 moves forward and attacks Silt!

#8, falchion attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
ouch!: 1d24 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Initiative!
Harpoon
Purpose
Silt
Toby
Joli

8, 8 NL
9, -42 hp
10


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli grunts as the falchion cuts into him. He lashes out again with his tongue.

Wave strike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
NL + 5' + Fort 18 or prone: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

His ancestor continues her assault on the stalker below (#8)

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Spiritual weapon iterative: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 5 = 26
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

63 - 25 = 38 hp


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Daily Spells & Abilities:

-27 HP
Prepared Spells
0: Create Water, Guidance, Know Direction, Stabilize
1: Cloak of Shade, Faerie Fire, Stone Shield, Stone Shield, Thunderstomp, True Strike [D]
2: Barkskin, Barkskin, Gust of Wind, Ironskin, True Strike [D]
3: Greater Longstrider, Greater Magic Fang, Wind Wall, Bull's Strength [D]
4: Echolocation, Strong Jaw, Bull's Strength [D]

Abilities
Destructive Smite: 5/5
Wild Shape: 3/3 (8 hours)
Destructive Aura: 8/8
Destructive Smite: 5/5
Rage: 8/8

Joli!

Silt drops the greatsword and begins attacking +8, and will move to +10 if it falls with those attack rolls, I don't think so.

Bite, power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Bite, power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Oh, Silt, you heal 5 and Joli winces a little more. 33 hp. No problem!


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby steps in front of Riku and seems to pull a shimmering blade of water from the air as he slashes three times at the stalker before him (#8)! 5' step, full attack with Kinetic Blade.

kinetic blade, elem overflow, haste: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 16
damage: 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 2) + 10 = 23
kinetic blade (iterative), elem overflow, haste: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 23
damage: 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 6) + 10 = 23
kinetic blade (haste), elem overflow, haste: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 25
damage: 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 2) + 10 = 22


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"No."

Purpose Creche drifts up and back from Joli's attacker. Three more vengeful arrows shoot towards the advancing ugothol.

First longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 34
Second longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 25
Hasted longbow shot, haste, bane: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 33

First shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 6) + 4 = 12
Second shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2, 6) + 4 = 16
Hasted shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 4 = 10


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli, struggling with an injury, misses with his wave strike. His spiritual weapon has a little more luck, hitting once.

Silt just takes down 8 with two successful attacks.

Purpose's first shot takes down the stalker threatening Joli. His second and third shots neatly strike Number 10.

Harpoon is up! Toby, do you want to change your action with Number 8 down?

Initiative!
Harpoon
Purpose
Silt
Toby?
Joli
10


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

If #8 was down before Toby's turn, then he would have stayed where he was and done his usual routine: gather power, fire an empowered blast at #10. Add one to the first attack roll for PBS and five to the damage (one for PBS, four for elemental overflow).

Using the rolls from the first attack above:
kinetic blade, elem overflow, haste, pbs: 3 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 17
damage, elemental overflow, pbs: 2 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 10 + 4 + 1 = 28 Empowered to 42 damage.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Unfortunately, Toby's blast doesn't quite hit! Harpoon up!


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

The harpoon reloads his leg in anticipation of another wave of stalkers.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

10 makes a full attack on Silt!
#10, falchion attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
ouch!: 1d24 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

#10, slam attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
ouch!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Initiative!
Harpoon
Purpose
Silt
Toby
Joli

10


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli attempts to tumble into flank with the last stalker, and lashes out with his still dripping tongue.

Tumble: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Wave strike v. touch: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20
NL + 10' push + DC 18 Fort or prone: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Grrrrrr!" Toby continues his assault. As the tides roll in and out, Toby draws water toward himself then releases it in a torrent at the remaining creature. Gather power for empower, shot.

kinetic blast, pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 29
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 10 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 2) + 10 + 1 + 4 = 31 Empowered to 46 damage.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

If the ugothol somehow survives Toby's attack, Purpose Creche tries to finish it off with arrows

Coup de grarchery:
First longbow shot: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 32
Second longbow shot: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 33
Hasted longbow shot: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 20

First shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) + 4 = 17
Second shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) + 4 = 15
Hasted shot damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) + 4 = 16

Otherwise, he drifts back behind the fallen statue.
"Keep watch over me. I'll see into their lair."
He conjures his mind's eye, and it soars over the statue and down the stairs.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The party easily finished off the last stalker, and, for a moment, things are still and quiet.

Purpose sends in his mind's eye to look for more enemies.

Sturdy, ornate columns line this wide corridor, but cracks mar their surface and a few of them have fallen into pieces on the once fine marble floor of the cathedral. At the south end of the corridor, water spurts out of a broken fountain.

More faceless stalkers lie in ambush, alongside a very strange creature: a hunched, reptilian beast lopes on two clawed feet, its eyeless head dominated by a huge circular maw filled with jagged teeth.

DC 18, Knowledge (dungeoneering):
It is a destrachan, a large aberration!


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Knowledge (dungeoneering), heightened awareness, sudden insight: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 4 = 21
What do I know about destrachans? Just sort of their general deal. Or a special attack, if you'd prefer a fixed mechanical element!

How many ugothols are lurking, and what's their positioning? Hoping to inform how we enter the rest of the complex.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The other entrance leads into a long hallway, some one hundred fifty feet in length, runs from the bottom of the courtyard stairs just north of the cathedral to another set of stairs in the south, leading deeper into the temple. Other corridors open from this one at right angles, and several doors line the walls.

You see eight Andoran-looking soldiers, standing at attention.

I'll finish getting the map situated later, but the stalkers and pet are in the bottom entrance, behind the columns, and the soldiers are evenly spaced along the hallway of the top entrance.

Despite its bestial appearance, the destrachan is in fact a creature of cunning and cruel intellect that enjoys inflicting pain and viciously toying with its prey. It has no eyes, and is completely blind, but possesses a pair of complex, tripartite ears it can adjust to different levels of sensitivity to sound, allowing the destrachan to hunt in absolute darkness as if it were able to see.

Destrachans are carnivores, preferring to stalk and kill live prey, although they also feast on carrion. This habit serves them well, since they often kill more than they can immediately consume. They often hunt in packs, using a complex series of clicks, shrieks, and whistles to communicate with each other. While destrachans cannot speak, they are capable of understanding spoken languages like the common tongue, and often take pleasure in their victims’ cries and pleas for mercy.

They have a sound-based attack that can be formed in a cone or a burst.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

The eye dissolves, and Purpose Creche's senses return to his body. "More ugothols lurking behind pillars. Trained beasts. Sound hunters. Shrieking blasts." He relates their exact positioning before adding, "and Andoran soldiers. Not in wait. At attention. Possibly in thrall."


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

After healing up, 3 charges of the CMW wand Silt clutches his chunk of coral and casts a spell. His muscles grow ropier. Bull's Strength


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”How can we trust they are really Andorans and not stalkers in disguise?”


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

A bit of an amendment to your healing, if you don't mind, Silt. Joli would like to channel, and Silt should have healed a total of 15 from Life Link.

Joli makes sure there are no surviving stalkers nearby and sings of healing.

Channel Energy: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 5) = 17

He whistles up some healing for himself from the more powerful wand and a weaker wand (18 hp).

"Well, we know that the stalkers aren't as hurt by blunt objects. And, well, they seem as ready as anyone to sleep after a bevy of blows. Also, I think I'll have a sense if it's settlers who've been dominated."

That is, we can do nonlethal damage, and if we encounter DR we know it's a villager in disguise.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"As Joli says. Subdue. Not kill."
Purpose Creche glides back over the shattered statue and lands beside his friends. He points a thin finger at the southern stairwell. "Enter that way. Dispatch two ugothols. Then the others and the destrachan." He explains the creature's sonic capabilities.

"If the Andorans enter from the hall they may be dominated. Some may be like Hendrake. Joined of their own volition. Either way. Subdue."

Just before the group descends, he'll place a hand on Silt and instill a sense of iron once more. I assume haste will have faded by the time we get in there, so I'll give Silt my single target version. Lasts 8 rounds, +2 to AC/Reflex instead of +1.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"I may be able to separate them with a wall of ice, though they might be able to break through it quickly." Joli sings a blessing while his friends consider.

Bless for 8 minutes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby stands ready with a scowl on his face, saying nothing as water drips to the ground beneath him.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”What an irony for Andorans to be enslaved. We must indeed take care to free them.”

Riku wrinkles his nose, either in distaste at the thought of slavery, or at the smell of wet dog. Or perhaps both.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt taps his sword on his kef. Some metal? Iron Knee?


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Then let's free them. Come." Purpose Creche checks his bow string, then weaves his way through the rubble and towards the stairs.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli nods and sings two more prayers. He begins swimming silently through the air twenty-five feet up.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Sky Swim and Slipstream


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche angles upwards to fly alongside his friend.

3,901 to 3,950 of 4,604 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.